OtakuBoards

The Ceiling Of Your Dreams [E]

Boo

[size=1]Did you ever lie in bed, looking up, and think: "wow, I wish my ceiling wasn't as lame as it is now" and then started dreaming about how you [i]would[/i] like your ceiling to look like? Or maybe you've never been in that situation and you didn't think about looking at your ceiling until the very moment you read this topic?
Are you the kind of person that'd like a blue sky with a few clouds, or perhaps a night sky instead? Would you like a lot of hearts or it to be totally black? Would you like an extremely detailed picture of elephants rushing at you, or perhaps you'd like the ceiling to have furniture, as if you're living upside down?

Whatever the case is: [b]What would the ceiling of your dreams look like?[/b] And guess what? If this topic is fun enough, we might discuss other parts of your room! Oh happy day!

Beware: [u][b][E][/b][/u] rated thread.[/size]

This would do:

[IMG]http://www.vaticanotours.com/g/sistine_chapel.jpg[/IMG]

Honestly, though, I was once at someone's house who had an airplane design as the base of their ceiling fan, making the fan the propeller, and if you sat right under it you got to feel like your death was upon you the whole time. It was neat.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I've never given it a thought really. But if I could pick anything I wanted, I'd want a simulation of the night sky, much like you'd see at a show in a planetarium. And the reason I never give it a thought is I'm not interested in a painted version but a more advanced one that changes to reflect the current state of the sky. Well except for the part where the sun comes up. lol [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I've never given it a thought really. But if I could pick anything I wanted, I'd want a simulation of the night sky, much like you'd see at a show in a planetarium. And the reason I never give it a thought is I'm not interested in a painted version but a more advanced one that changes to reflect the current state of the sky. Well except for the part where the sun comes up. lol [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Mine was supposed to be similar, painted sky blue with clouds on it, and inside the clouds there were to be spots of a white glow-in-the-dark paint.I had hoped to have it so when the lights were on it was partly cloudy, while with the lights off I had a full starfield.

Sadly my room never got redone as planned, had to replace some furnishing in the kitchen that decided to break right then and drained that year's budget.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Would you rather I be existential? I'd like my ceiling to peer into the depth of the universe, past the walls of human thought to eternity. Or perhaps I'd like an image of a spiral churning through the depths of infinite potential as a reminder of my endless quest toward completion.

The blue sky idea reminds me of the anime Sola. That was one of the things I liked about that show.

Wouldn't mind a TV on my ceiling. There's no confortable way to watch the TV from your bed, IMO. though it would take getting used to. And my ceiling/wall wouldn't work with it. [/COLOR]

[color="darkgreen"][font="garamond"]My bedroom ceiling when I was growing up had a whole galaxy of glow in the dark stars on it and down the edges a little so at night in the dark it looked like the sky. The walls were painted with an under the sea mural with thousands of fish, coral reefs, mermaids, dolphins and crustacea. Up near the top of the walls was the waterline and on one wall, a suggestion of an island far away. Roof was more pale blue than the water.

I love glass rooftops but wouldn't want one in my bedroom... because I usually go to bed at five or six in the morning on weekends.
[/font][/color]

[quote name='Deus ex Machina'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Wouldn't mind a TV on my ceiling. There's no confortable way to watch the TV from your bed, IMO. though it would take getting used to. And my ceiling/wall wouldn't work with it. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

"Recluse Living in Parent's Basement Crushed to Death by Falling Television"

In all seriousness: I'm kind of liking ocean-themed stuff of late. A nice little beachfront property scenery would do for me, unless it gave me the feeling of imminent drowning.

I'd do a realistic night sky painting or something like that. Even simple color would be more interesting than the plain white ceilings I've always had. XP Seriously though, sky lights so long as there was a way to block the sun if you needed to sleep during the day would be pretty nifty as well.

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]I would have a ceiling made of diamonds... and then sell it for billions.

SUPER SCORE!

My second choice would be a giant tv like thing that had magical powers and can change instantly to anything i want. It could show tv, spy on my neighbors, emulate the night sky, watch super pr0n (sorry Boo), turn into some sort of upside down trampoline/gravity reverser, anything. =D That'd be big pimpin'.

Within the realm of reality i'd honestly do what my sister did. She put a lot of random stuff on it, posters, band pics, drawings from friends, pictures, random figurines.... a purple backpack. It's totally crowded, and fairly cool. Her walls are similar. When i walk in her room i kinda just stand in the middle and look around. It's quite "neat."
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I'd want a simulation of the night sky, much like you'd see at a show in a planetarium. And the reason I never give it a thought is I'm not interested in a painted version but a more advanced one that changes to reflect the current state of the sky. Well except for the part where the sun comes up. lol [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Same for me, though you'd really just be talking about having a very large flat-screen attached to your ceiling and a camera on the roof sending a continuous video feed to said screen. I imagine it'd be expensive but feasible.

I would of course be a complete geek and root in a HD-DVD feed into it and watch Star Wars at some point as well...[/SIZE]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Same for me, though you'd really just be talking about having a very large flat-screen attached to your ceiling and a camera on the roof sending a continuous video feed to said screen. I imagine it'd be expensive but feasible.

I would of course be a complete geek and root in a HD-DVD feed into it and watch Star Wars at some point as well...[/SIZE][/QUOTE]Yeah, expense is something that means it won't be happening anytime soon. XP Though if money wasn't an issue... I'd have that along one of the walls as well. Also... If I did have it, it would be a crime to not watch Star Wars on it. I couldn't call myself a fan if I neglected to do that at the first opportunity. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='John']...if you sat right under it you got to feel like your death was upon you the whole time. It was neat.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]
[SIZE="1"]Lmao.

Anyway, I'm content with my ceiling. I've got the stars everywhere and a little, red dot, symbolizing, in an odd way, my relationship with one of my best friends. :)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Yeah, expense is something that means it won't be happening anytime soon. XP Though if money wasn't an issue... I'd have that along one of the walls as well. Also... If I did have it, it would be a crime to not watch Star Wars on it. I couldn't call myself a fan if I neglected to do that at the first opportunity. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]If you ever get to the point of having one Beth, I'll definitely have to come over and watch Star Wars with you.[/SIZE]