OtakuBoards

New Caramelldansen Style!

Sabrina

[FONT="Tahoma"][B]ZOMG! [/B] We have a Caramelldansen style! Squee! *sets it to default* Oh my hell. XD It's so freakin' cool! I love it. With all the pink and the fun aqua-green color. Plus the edit, reply and new thread buttons are utterly awesome! And the dancing duo along with the music? Haha!

I'm assuming Des made it but seriously! Sweet! :catgirl:[/FONT]

[quote]And in case you missed it, the skin was inspired by Gavin and the April Fools prank I pulled on the site. Everyone be sure to thank him![/quote]Thanks a lot Gavin! You've made sure that the horror will continue forever. XP You've manged to doom OtakuBoards to this madness!

All joking aside, it does look nice, even if it's too pink for my tastes. Waaay too pink. But I have to admit that those new thread and edit/reply buttons are pretty sweet. I love the animation to those. And now that I've looked at those dancing girls and heard the insane music... I'm going back to OB Standard.

[font=franklin gothic medium]Yes, those edit/reply buttons are truly mesmerizing! :catgirl:

Now we know that this little incident will live on in infamy.

Meanwhile, new members will be scared to death (or oddly entertained) when first choosing a skin at OB, lol.[/font]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Yes, those edit/reply buttons are truly mesmerizing! :catgirl:

Now we know that this little incident will live on in infamy.

Meanwhile, new members will be scared to death (or oddly entertained) when first choosing a skin at OB, lol.[/font][/QUOTE]I agree, those buttons are awesome. I love the animation to them. :catgirl:

And yes, no will [I]ever[/I] forget how Gavin is responsible for Caramelldansen taking over OtakuBoards to the point that we have a new skin for it. Heh. It's like sweet revenge for the teasing over the VD incident. Haha!

Rest assured, Des will be getting another batch of homemade cookies for this. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"][B]ZOMG! [/B] We have a Caramelldansen style! Squee! *sets it to default* Oh my hell. XD It's so freakin' cool! I love it. With all the pink and the fun aqua-green color. Plus the edit, reply and new thread buttons are utterly awesome! And the dancing duo along with the music? Haha!

I'm assuming Des made it but seriously! Sweet! :catgirl:[/FONT][/QUOTE]Seconded. I have only one word, well the main one that sums it up and that is... [B]PINK![/B] :catgirl: [quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
Rest assured, Des will be getting another batch of homemade cookies for this. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Hahaha! That's what I was just thinking! Hehe! ^_^ Man, I might even have to make a new pink banner/avatar set to go with this! Hehehe![/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]It's like sweet revenge for the teasing over the VD incident.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]*snickers*

I don't think anyone realizes how long I've been waiting for a pink theme. It's like my birthday, Christmas, and Easter all wrapped up together here.[/color]

[SIZE="1"]Seriously, pink is the only word that sums up that new skin. Not my cup of tea Des, but I'm sure Nerdsy isn't the only one here who'll be using it.

As for my dooming OB, I prefer to put a positive spin on it and say that hopefully this will lead to other new themed skins to be developed for OB... Yeah, I'm not really buying it either to be honest... ^_^; Though in all seriousness, Justin if you happen to read this, it would be cool to create a skin making event for OB.[/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial]As long as a choice remains, I see no doom. I see mild humor, actually, and a nice option for the ... happier-natured among us.

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']Also: I split this off into a new thread to keep it from taking over the April Fools one.[/color][/quote]
In that case, the remainder of my post was irrelevant, since I was speaking to the other topic.

So, deleted. :p[/FONT]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"] Though in all seriousness, Justin if you happen to read this, it would be cool to create a skin making event for OB.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]We tried this with staff at first, but there wasn't a single bite - despite some people really pushing me to make all the relevant info for skins available. So that was disappointing.

Maybe it's time to give it another shot in the wider community. At least the banner-making competitions are generally fairly popular.[/font]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Seriously, pink is the only word that sums up that new skin. Not my cup of tea Des, but I'm sure Nerdsy isn't the only one here who'll be using it.

As for my dooming OB, I prefer to put a positive spin on it and say that hopefully this will lead to other new themed skins to be developed for OB... Yeah, I'm not really buying it either to be honest... ^_^; Though in all seriousness, Justin if you happen to read this, it would be cool to create a skin making event for OB.[/SIZE][/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]Your reaction officially disappoints me. I was hoping for more along the lines of, "OMG WTF WHY?!" :animesigh

[b]Edit:[/b] Nevermind, I've seen chat logs now. :catgirl:

I might end up making more skins in the future since the Caramelldansen one was fun to make. Probably not soon, though, 'cause I can only take so much graphics work at a time. I'm not bad at all the pixel art required for the icons and buttons but graphics really aren't my area of expertise.[/color]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]We tried this with staff at first, but there wasn't a single bite - despite some people really pushing me to make all the relevant info for skins available. So that was disappointing.

Maybe it's time to give it another shot in the wider community. At least the banner-making competitions are generally fairly popular.[/font][/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]I remember that. I downloaded the little package you posted but lacked the knowledge and inspiration to actually make anything at the time.

On that note, it seems like it would be really hard to design a good skin without having access to the style manager and being able to see it in practice during development. While working on the Caramelldansen skin I had to tweak it a lot as it progressed, to keep colors consistent, fix spacing, and stuff like that, because I would notice things looking a bit off when put together on the page.

Also: I split this off into a new thread to keep it from taking over the April Fools one.[/color]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Also: I split this off into a new thread to keep it from taking over the April Fools one.[/color][/QUOTE]I was wondering about, how a thread that I know I didn't create suddenly appeared. Hehe. :catgirl:

It's too bad I know next to nothing about graphics, because if I did, I know I'd enjoy making graphics for theme. But in all honesty, I only just figured out how to make simple e-cards. XP [quote name='Aceburner']Considering how all this came about, I think it's only fair we get a Love Shack Skin.

Maybe a Rick Roll one, too.:p[/QUOTE]I can only imagine a Love Shack Skin. XD That would be too funny! [/FONT]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]
[color=#4B0082]I remember that. I downloaded the little package you posted but lacked the knowledge and inspiration to actually make anything at the time.

On that note, it seems like it would be really hard to design a good skin without having access to the style manager and being able to see it in practice during development. While working on the Caramelldansen skin I had to tweak it a lot as it progressed, to keep colors consistent, fix spacing, and stuff like that, because I would notice things looking a bit off when put together on the page.

Also: I split this off into a new thread to keep it from taking over the April Fools one.[/color][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]This is precisely why I've been so hesitant to launch any public event for it. It's just too difficult to design a skin properly without having access to the relevant CP stuff.

So I'm not sure what the alternative is - perhaps to still allow people to put together a graphics pack that we can adapt. *shrug*[/font]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]I can't even imagine how to make a skin based on those. Now, a Chocolate Rain skin, that I can see....[/color][/QUOTE]

[B][I][U]DO IT, DES-SAMA.[/U][/I][/B]

(Actually, a Rick Roll skin would be pretty easy if you just replace Mai and Mii with Rick Astley and that one girl from the music video, have them do their own dances and use your imagination with the rest. Too bad I don't have any of the necessary equipment to do such a thing, nor have any idea of the complexity of such a project.)

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]I can't even imagine how to make a skin based on those.[/color][/QUOTE]
[quote name='Aceburner']...use your imagination with the rest.[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]Yeah, see, that's the problem. lol[/color]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Aceburner']Considering how all this came about, I think it's only fair we get a Love Shack Skin.[/QUOTE]Oh my hell. No, just no. *shudder*
[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]I can't even imagine how to make a skin based on those. [/color][/QUOTE]Thank God.

As for making skins, I remember that James... I took a look but had no clue how to go about doing it since I'm not really good with graphics. XP If I was, I would have tried.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='James;809720][font=franklin gothic medium]Yes, those edit/reply buttons are truly mesmerizing! :catgirl:[/font][/QUOTE]Those little buttons really are amusing. And even if it is rather bright, the colors are at least easy for me to read. [quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium']Meanwhile, new members will be scared to death (or oddly entertained) when first choosing a skin at OB, lol.[/font][/quote]I'm voting for oddly entertained, because it is amusing to watch and the music is cute as well. :catgirl:

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Your reaction officially disappoints me. I was hoping for more along the lines of, "OMG WTF WHY?!" :animesigh

[b]Edit:[/b] Nevermind, I've seen chat logs now. :catgirl:[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Damn Trillian, gah, and here I hoped I might just have been able to deny you some small pleasure. Oh well. C'est la vie je suppose.

Pity about the skins, maybe as James said, the graphics package to adapt would be the best solution. It'd certainly be interesting to see what could be whipped up by our highly talented artists anyway.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Aceburner']Alright, that's it. I'm joining the fanclub. He's just too much win to handle.[/QUOTE]I agree. Especially with the new skin, it's just fantastic. :catgirl:

As for the Love Shack... >_> I have some ideas that have come to mind for something like that... But I'd probably get bonked if I posted them here. Pity I have no idea how to do graphics, since what I'm thinking would be utterly hilarious. Though Beth and Darren would probably murder me for it. XP[/FONT]