OtakuBoards

Favorite Pet(s)

Akieen Cloud

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I just got the pet I've always wanted all my life for mother's day, I got a young ferret an she is proving to be one of my favorite pets. I've had all kinds of pets and I have to say so far dogs and my ferret are my favorites. So I was wondering what are the favorite pets of the people on here. As far as dogs go, I love Rottwilers. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times]Aside from the musk glands on a ferret, they're totally completely illegal in California. Something about ...something. Kinda like how it's now illegal to own venomous snakes in California unless you have ALL the antivenin in stock to deal with the occasional nip.

My favorite pet was hands down was my gorgeous 4 foot ball python. It shed in one piece. It was utterly silent. It ate once a week. It never needed shots. I wasn't allergic to it and didn't go into sneezing fits after it touched me with its tongue. ...his name was Kitty. MOMMY WILL NEVER FORGET YOU![/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Cats. I've grown up with cats my whole life, many cats, lol. We had a dog once, who ran away. Some gold fish, bunnies, crabs. But I prefer cats. They're affectionate, but independent. I love waking up in the morning and having both sleepying with me, heh. So cozy.[/SIZE]

I am seriously a cat person. I like how when they're tired they'll curl up in a ball and either lay on you or beside you. So cute.
However, what is not cute is when they decide to pierce your skin repeatedly in order to soften where they want to sit.

[CENTER][IMG]http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/39/1000467ah5.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Although I love cats to death I just don't like the fact of having an animal knowing that I will outlive them by a longshot. That kitten up there passed away on April 3rd from cancer. =(

Dogs and ferrets for sure. I absolutly adore both. While my ferret's hobby is piercing through my flesh, he's still so cute! His name is shadow and he's three years old.

Then I have one mutt. She is just so sweet! She is really hyper, fast and strong but affectionate and protective. Her name is Maizy (pronouced MAY-ZEE)and she's ten years old.

[COLOR="Red"]Yay! I absolutely love cats. my kitten max is sooo cute! especially when he sleeps, he sleeps like a human. i'm not kidding. he's an orange tabby. as for dogs, mmm, i dunno. they're cute when they're puppie's, but as they get older they get scary and ugly. they stink, too. i like goldfish. quiet, they just swim around in circles. did i mention i have a chicken????:catgirl:[/COLOR]

[quote name='chibi-master]I [I]LOVE[/I'] dogs! I have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppy! His name is Tucker and he's so cute and fuzzy and lovable and cuddly and he's a blessing to the whole entire world!!![/quote]
[FONT=Arial].....Lord have mercy. [spoiler]Methinks someone belongs on Tokyo Yip Yip.[/spoiler]

Aside from my obvious preference, I enjoy large, unpuntable dogs like Border Collies and Labradors and Rottweilers and other [B]real[/B] dogs. Not like any of those blasted accessory yip-dogs who just beg to be kicked.

I have an [I]exceptional[/I] weakness for Siberian Huskies; something about the way their eyes seem to pierce through things. E.g.:

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.breederretriever.com/photopost/data/635/medium/siberian.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Gorgeous animals.[/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I love cats and have one myself, a tabby cat. Well my parents have him since I can't have one at the basement apartment I'm living in and even if I could, I wouldn't since my roommate is horribly allergic to cats. I kind of miss him though since he's such a curious thing, always poking his nose into everything. I'll have to see if I have a picture somewhere so I can show you what he looks like. Oh and because of his curious nature I named him George. :p[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]chibi-master... I kind of want your dog. I hope that's not awkward or anything.

as far as favorites goes though, my favorite doggy in the whole wide world is my 5-year old 'puppy' Pippin. she's this completely white, beautiful, adorable chihuahua. oh yeah, you know it. I am of the opinion that most chihuahuas are way more hassle than they're worth, what with the obnoxious barking and nipping and well, peeing all over the place. but Pippin is different. she rarely barks, she NEVER bites, and when she's around people she just wants to give them kisses! or entice them to play with her. and, okay, the peeing is still an issue, but hey, she doesn't live with me! not like my parents would let her even if my apartment allowed for it; they like her too much. ^___^

anyways, I'm a big fan of most (house)dogs, provided they're not mean of course. ever since visiting Seattle, I've had a curiously strong puppy hunger (forget baby hunger), and there's talk of moving into a rented house with another couple next year, so maybe I'll get to have one after all!
[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Not like any of those blasted accessory yip-dogs who just beg to be kicked. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

Corgis are big dogs in a small dog's body. And I find it rather aggravating that you would think that corgis are your stereotypical fru - fru dogs! They were bred in England and are bred for cold weather. So they're just as good as your huskies, thank you very much!:animeangr Although, I do like huskies.:animesmil But I like German Shepards even more!

And, that's not akward at all, amibasuki! It's actually kind of flattering, in fact, I'll go tell Tucker what a cutie you think he is. *3 min. later* He barked and waggled his nubbsly little tai! I think that means "thank you"!

I like snakes. I had 3 corn snakes when I was around 8 named charlie,ruby and snowflake. They were the cutest things I've ever seen. They were happy in their cage. I could pick them up and let them slither on my hands. They only needed to eat once a week and they ate these ugly rat babies. My little brown corn snake charlie bit me once but that was the only bad experience I had with them. I was utterly crushed when my dad told me he let them go into the woods. Since then I have never had snakes again. Maybe when I get my own place I will get some more snakes. I really do love them.

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I have to say that I agree with the Corgi statement, no offense but Chiuauas are more of a 'kick me' dog. lol. Yapping beani babies really. Corgi's are herding dogs that would sooner stand up to a bear than run away from it. They really do have just as much heart as a husky; so I consider them real dogs, but I am more a fan of bigger dogs my self. Like I said, Rotties are my all time fav, I've bred and raised them almost all my life. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='chibi-master']And I find it rather aggravating that you would think that corgis are your stereotypical fru - fru dogs! They were bred in England and are bred for cold weather.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Actually, I know all about Corgis, and I didn't mean to include them in the list. (I was actually talking about [I]you[/I] belonging on the show. [I]*shot*[/I])

No, Corgis are cool, and they're just compact herders. I was referring to any dog that gets used as an accessory or a purse-stuffer, that jumps around your shins and yaps and people put sweaters and dresses and coats on in [I]the middle of summer[/I] for some reason.

I can't even really get along with Jack Russels, bless their hyperactive hearts.

I would like a ferret, though.[/FONT]

[quote name='chibi-master']*kicks Allamorph in head*
Aaaaaaaaanyway, I was wondering about the stuffing of purses with dogs fad. I had always thought, "wouldn't they take a dump in your purse or somethin'?". The idea always grossed me out...lots.:animedepr[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it doesn't matter since Paris Hilton is dumber than a mountain of potatoes (dirtier, too. But I won't go there.)

Anyway, I'm partial to mid to large sized dogs. They keep you warm, don't make so much noise, make good friends and are excellent at tearing intruders' limbs off. The perfect animal.

Cats are okay, too. I just wish mine would stop vomiting everywhere.

I'm a cat person, through and through. But for some odd reason, me and my thinking of getting bunnies instead of cats when we move together. We'll see how that works out, though...

I'd like to get both, but I don't want to come home some day to find a massacre. :/

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]I love dogs [I]obviously[/I]. :p The best part about Bichons is that they don't shed and unlike other small breeds, they're not hyper. So none of the running around and jumping and yipping that people mistakenly think all smaller breeds do. Plus they're pretty smart and very trainable so they're lots of fun to work with. Toss in being friendly and affectionate and you have a fantastic pet. ^_^[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aceburner']Anyway, I'm partial to mid to large sized dogs. They keep you warm, don't make so much noise, make good friends and are excellent at tearing intruders' limbs off. The perfect animal.[/QUOTE]

I agree! But I still love my little Tucker!:love:

[FONT=Tahoma][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Well, I love dogs. I have one of my own as well. He is a Rottweiler and goes by the name Taurus. I chose that name because when he was still a puppy, he likes to run around and will eventually crash into something...(reminds you of a bull eh?)

[URL="http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/blingkaching4693/TheverycuteversionofTaurushehe.jpg"]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/blingkaching4693/TheverycuteversionofTaurushehe.jpg[/URL]
(This is Taurus when he is still a puppy! :animesmil)

[URL="http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/blingkaching4693/Taurus.jpg"]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/blingkaching4693/Taurus.jpg[/URL]
(This is the two-year old version of Taurus. Very big in size...)

Well, my family have some other dogs too, but, I personally love Taurus very very much...^.~[/FONT][/COLOR]

[CENTER][IMG]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9028/aviido0mz3.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR=#6d527f]If I had to choose from the many dogs I've had so far I'd have to say my last two, Ido and Avi. They may be troublesome, bothersome, costly, ignorant, oblivious spawns of hell to everyone in the community. But they were [I]my[/I] troublesome, bothersome, costly, ignorant, oblivious spawns of hell, and that's what I love them so.

P.S. Dogs > Cats, if you think otherwise, you are a heretic, and not equal, the day Dogs and Cats are considered equal is the day I become a Buster Machine.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]OMG! Sakazaki, he is gorgeous! I used to raise and breed Rotties and they to me are the best breed in the world(just my opinion) I've had two and they were the best dogs I've ever had. He is really beautiful...Okay, I've done my fawning, sorry about that...I just REALLY love Rotties. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Out of all the pets we had when I was growing up, the dogs were the best. We had a few cats but for whatever reason we always seemed to end up with the dumbest and stupidest ones out there. Including one that had a thing for power cords and eventually killed itself by chewing through one and getting electrocuted. And that was after we did our best to keep the stupid thing away from stuff like that in the first place. Sadly, he was gifted at finding ways to get to the cords anyway. o_O

Though one of our dogs wasn't much better and ironically his problem came from being smart. Problem solving smart. The things that dog (he was a schipperke) figured out how to get into was astonishing at times. Once, he managed to remove the child resistant binding on the top cabinet in the bathroom, get a bottle of pain killers on the top shelf and then open that up and eat the whole thing. We were just lucky that there wasn't much in the bottle to begin with.

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Cats are obviously prime house pets. Not only are they the kings of the jungles (I once saw 1 Lion fight off 50 Hyenas on the discovery channel, it was awesome) but they're just so damn adorable. What other animal has its own day (Caturday)? Or its own website (lolcats)? And of course, Charles has ensured that OtakuBoards will forever be pro-cats. And don't forget Naps, OBs very own cat member!

Dogs are cute too but I just don't like the idea of having to pick up poop everyday for a creature that slobbers and sheds everywhere.

[/COLOR][/FONT]