OtakuBoards

Adrenaline Rush, Anyone?

Darren

S[SIZE="1"]o, for my 18th birthday last week, my parents decided to pay for me to go skydiving today!!! (They were actually hoping I would back out, haha)

At first, I was scared to death... I didn't eat or drink anything all day and I was shaking so bad from the nerves on the drive up to the skydiving place... But once I jumped, it was so much fun! (after the initial shock of falling from 9500 ft., that is)

But I had so much fun, I really want to go again. I'm trying to talk my uncle into it. And I know I'm going with my friend for her 18th birthday in August. I also plan on jumping in January for my cousin's 18th birthday... Maybe I'll get the courage to start jumping on my own some day.

Anyway, I have a video that is supposed to uploaded to myspace sometime soon. I'll put a link on here once I get it.

[B]But now to the topic:[/B] Is anybody else an adrenaline junkie? If so, what do you do to get that rush? For example, when I was little, I used to love scary movies (or just getting scared in general) so I could get a rush. I know a lot of people who like boxing or martial arts tournaments because they say it has the same effect... So what about you? Any daredevils here on OB?[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I achieve my adrenaline rush and high in the same manner as anyone with slightly masochistic tendencies.

No, not that.

I hike, sometimes on a trail, and sometimes cross country. At night I take a headlamp, a windbreaker, trail mix, and as much water as will fit in my hip pack with the First Aid kit and the car keys. Usually I try for 8 miles of medium to strenuous difficulty. Enough to be pouring sweat by the time I hit the final push up to the summit and enough to be freezing in my own skin by the time I'm at the peak.

Then it's only a matter of time until I'm tripping my way back down the rocky cliffs in the dark with only a headlamp for company. Sometimes I scare up snakes and bats and other animals in the dark whenever it's a moonlight or starlight hike. Slight rush when a bat flies past you two inches from your shoulder. But a better rush when you feel the energy inside from working so hard.

The mantra: If your knees aren't in agony the next day like your thighs, your buttcheeks, and your calves, then you didn't push yourself enough.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]I've considered trying skydiving aswell, but never have. I think I probebly will someday.

I would be one of those people who gets a rush from kickboxing and martial arts fights. Just before a sparring match during a tournment or something I might be nervous, but once your out there its just you and your opponent.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]For some reason, escaping trouble gets me an adrenaline rush. My friend and I broke my grandmother's toilet (long story filed with perviness), so we had to fix it. I got so hyped up because we could have gotten in deep ****, no pun intended. Also me and a bunch of friends were walking around town past curfew, we just went to the docks so on the way back we had to go past the police department. Getting away from the law also gives me adrenaline... ha I'm weird.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I hate most natural adrenaline causers. I could never skydive, I hate rollercoasters, ect. My fight or flight instict always kicks in really powerfully whenever I'm in a situation like that, and my nerves get so bunched up just thinking about it. Ugh.

Horror movies are more of my thing. I like to be [U]scared[/U] not just shocked at the level of blood (I really hate movies like Texas Chainsaw Masacre and Saw 4,) Especially zombie movies. I'm incredibly afraid of zombies. Hwne I was in grade school I used to have horrible zombie-infested nightmares that would wake me up with the shakes.

So otherwise the only time I use adrenaline is when I'm working and not feeling lazy. If I start to breath quickly and focus on my body I can cause small amounts of adrenaline to be released, which is good enough for me.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]When I have the chance, I love roller coaster rides. I just love the rush you get from one that goes up so high that you hit 80 miles an hour going down. I do want to try sky diving, but I haven't gotten the chance to. It's on my to do list though. [/FONT][/COLOR]

I enjoy the rush from roller coaster rides and long hikes. But at the same time if I don't get to do anything that results in that adrenaline rush I'm fine with that too.

I've thought about trying skydiving, but the more I think about it the more I'd rather not. Oh and though it wasn't a huge rush, going hot air ballooning several years ago was very thrilling. I wouldn't mind doing that again.

I pretty much get a rush from everything. Even my daydreams or listening to music. Also, if I watch a movie with a lot of action in it, I feel like blowing up a car afterward. Sometimes my little sister will try to scare me by jumping out from behind corners. I can usually hear her "hiding", but if I don't I will end up kicking her in the stomach or something. :animeswea Just typing about all this is giving me a rush! *runs off and starts to kick a brick wall*:o

As odd as it may sound I tend to get a rush more from the emotion behind a song or a scene from a movie/show than from anything physical (which is not to say that I don't enjoy the rush from physical risks). I've found that certain high-emotion parts of a song will send a short wave of adrenaline through me, almost like a wave of ice water through my veins and hairs standing on end, when I concentrate on the thoughts and feelings hidden deep within the tune. More than a few of Kajiura Yuki's songs have this kind of power behind them. The same can be said for emotionally charged scenes of anticipation in movies and shows. If I know that a scene of strong emotion or some kind of truly awesome imagery is about to begin my skin bristles with excitement a moment beforehand.

I guess this is one of the odd sides of sitting on the mental edge of reality and imagination. I tend to find myself sucked into imagination as an extension of reality (but still clearly defined as imagination).

Yeah, I'm an odd one. :animeswea

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][CENTER]I'm a big adrenaline junkie. I'll do pretty much anything for the rush (except adult-rated things. I'm not old enough for that).

I do this weird thing (some may find this weird) to get the rush. I'll turn on my iTunes on my computer (probably something loud, like It Dies Today) and turn the music up. I will then spin around on my chair until my imagination starts working, and that gives me a rush.

My little brother is the same way. The Go-Kart he has is probably going to be the death of us both.[/CENTER][/FONT]

I play classic arcade fighters (like street fighter and tekken) competivly in tournements. That gives me a big rush, knowing people are watching and pride being on the line.

Flirting with girls I have feelings for gives me a rush too. I guess this is pretty much that same for most guys though.

and the usual stuff like rollercoasters and paintballing too.

As much as I would like to think I am an adrenaline junkie, I wouldnt consider sky diving. I wouldnt trust myself in being able to pull the line for the paracute. If I had a pro attached to myself, then I prolly would do it.

[font=trebuchet ms] I guess I am, when I can be. The first time I rode a jet ski, I went up to 85 mph but was forced to slow down because my friend was freaking out too much. I mostly just like the rush of air you feel when you're doing something like that, which is also why when I ski/snowboard I'll keep all my boards flat and just go rushing down a hill when ther aren't people to crash into. It can be scary, especially when I'm snowboarding, and once I stopped myself too quickly and I fell directly on my chest... it hurt like a mofo. lol

Also, I looove roller coasters. :)

And sometimes on the highway when it's late I'll go up to 90-100 mph, which is just great.[/font]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I prefer the more relaxed good feeling that comes from having a good time with friends or laughing until your sides hurt over something funny. The adrenaline rush from say a roller coaster ride is fun, but if I do that too often, it kind of makes me sick.^^ So I prefer to avoid seeking it.[/FONT]