OtakuBoards

Favorite Games

Magus

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Hmm, this thread is just vague enough to work! :p

In all seriousness though, here is my list.

[B]Super Street Fighter II Turbo[/B]- This one is the grandaddy of all fighting games and possibly still the best fighter out there for my money. Everyone has either played Street Fighter in an arcade at one point or played friends at their house. The game is still played today in major tournaments across the world, which attests to its staying power in the gaming world. The characters in the game are classics in the video game world and are easily recognizable to most gamers. Easily one of Capcom's best, if not the best, games it's ever put out

[B]Dance Dance Revolution[/B]- There's something entrancing about stepping on arrows to various forms of techno induced music. I love DDR because of how easy it is to pick up and play, even for beginners. It may take a wee bit of explaining, but once you get into it, the game is highly addictive. I myself have been playing for 5 years and I still find the game very enjoyable to this day. I also love DDR for the community it brings with it. The people are very eccentric, but endearing people who share a love of the game and having over 60 people show up for a dancing game tournament can attest to the game's popularity. I love this game.

[B]Tekken (series)[/B]- I actually started this series on Tekken 3, but I find the Tekken series very fun and one of the best 3D fighters out there. Tekken seems like an easy game, with it's dial-a-combo format of attacks, but the later entries in the series really showed off how players could exploit the game's engine for huge damage. I'm talking 60-70% combos here. The characters are also very imaginative and everyone has played Tekken at one point of their lives, often picking Eddy Gordo. I love Tekken because it's so easy to pick up, even for beginning and the battles get intense pretty fast. The backgrounds have always been so well done and the character models have gone a long ways since the original game. My personal favorite entry in the series is Tekken Tag Tournament.[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Heh, I'm bored, let's get this ball rolling.

[B]Suikoden 2[/B] - I missed out on this game when it first came out because I was too busy playing Final Fantasy 8, plus, I was like, 9. Luckily my dad found it in in some abandoned house while he was working and gave the game to me. This game has epic battles, a great storyline, an insane amount of characters to fight with, and much, much more. If any of you have missed this game I'd recommend trying to pick it up somewhere, it truly is one of the greats.

[B]Metal Gear Solid 4[/B] - How does Hideo Kojima create epic game after game after game about one person's struggle to survive without keeping the story stale? Drugs. Well actually, I'm not really sure. While I wish the game had somewhat more gameplay in it than the cutscenes, the gameplay you do get is pretty much awesome, as are the cutscenes, some of the most gorgeous and well thought out scenes I've ever watched in a game. Solid Snake's story is wrapped up perfectly in one of the best games out for any system at this point and time, depending on your tastes. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]This is a tough question, over the years I've become fond of a lot of games... xD I'll just make it easier on myself.

[b]Intellivision:[/b] Dungeons and Dragons, fer sure!

[b]Sega Genesis:[/b] Sonic 2, Sonic Spinball, Earthworm Jim 1 & 2

[b]Nintendo 64:[/b] Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Super Mario,Jet Force Gemini, Duke Nukem, Rush(all three), too many more.

[b]GameCube:[/b] Super Mario Sunshine, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

[b]DS:[/b] The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Super Mario 64[/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Well putting aside the obvious choice of the Zelda games one of my newest favorite games is [B]Animal Crossing: Wild World[/B]. I got the game about a month ago and it's oddly addicting. I play it every single day just about since I never seem to get tired of fishing, watering, planting, letters, running errands and so forth.

Plus I just love having others visit my town or visiting theirs. Even if I only visit one person right now. XD It's still a lot of fun though and I just know I'm going to end up playing it every day for a while to come. It's too much fun.

I'd definitely say I got my money's worth when I got this game. :catgirl:[/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]Well putting aside the obvious choice of the Zelda games one of my newest favorite games is [B]Animal Crossing: Wild World[/B]. I got the game about a month ago and it's oddly addicting. I play it every single day just about since I never seem to get tired of fishing, watering, planting, letters, running errands and so forth.

Plus I just love having others visit my town or visiting theirs. Even if I only visit one person right now. XD It's still a lot of fun though and I just know I'm going to end up playing it every day for a while to come. It's too much fun.

I'd definitely say I got my money's worth when I got this game. :catgirl:[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]That is an awesome game! I don't have it for GCN, although I did rent it many moons ago and loved it! I have it for the DS, which was very addicting. Although its been a few years now, and over time it has gotten a little old. It still is a great game though.

I found Super Mario 64 DS even more so...When I got it I ended up getting a bad cold that week and didn't go to work atall. I played that game the whole time. Plus while on my eleven hour flight from Israel it was a great friend aswell.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"][B]Kingdom Hearts 1/2: [/B]Square Enix releases some of the best games, Kingdom Hearts being they're best imo. The story-line is brilliant, and the Disney/Final Fantasy crossover works very well. The game play is easy to master, and the techniques you obtain can be pretty kick ***. There is no downside, except when the game is over.

[B]Final Fantasy VII: [/B]Claimed as the best video game of it's time, this game transcends well even now where the 360, the Wii and the PS3 dominate the territory. Time based combat was never this fun, the summons were cool. But best of all one of the video game world's best villains, Sephiroth was created. Cloud may need some therapy cause honestly, he's quite emo imo. The graphics, while not the best, were brilliant for the time and even the cut-scenes were magnificent.

[B]Shadow Hearts: From the New World: [/B]The darkest story-line of any T rated video game, and some of the bosses made me sick to my stomach to look at. I'm surprised the game didn't gt an M rating. The characters are all different, each one offering unique abilities that never fail to impress. ****, they even have a talking cat! Even though Shania's skimpy transformation sequences raged through my hormones, it wasn't enough to satisfy my taste, yet as the game went further, it satisfied them.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I like the idea of going by system. EDIT: I'm going to add in honorable mentions, because it bothers me that there aren't more games here. XD

[b]NES[/b]: Definitely [b]Super Mario Bros. 3[/b]. This is the one that grabbed me by the throat and made me a gamer for life. The first time I flew with Racoon Mario was magical.

[b]Honorable Mention[/b]: Um ... I guess [b]Super Mario Bros.[/b] barely over [b]The Legend of Zelda[/b], because I was more of a Mario fanatic when I started gaming.

[b]Super NES[/b]: [b]The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past[/b]. Still my favorite game ever. I can beat it in a flash today, but it's still so much fun. No Zelda game after this has come close to equaling this game's bosses in sheer fun + difficulty.

[b]Honorable Mention[/b]: If LttP is 1a, then [b]Super Metroid[/b] is 1b. No game before it nailed the spooky, moody science-fiction atmosphere as well as Super Metroid did. Everything being one gigantic world is ingenious as well -- you had to be there to know how huge this was in 1994 lol.

[b]Game Boy[/b]: Never played many Game Boy games, actually, but I suppose it would be [b]Pokemon Red and Blue[/b] by default.

[b]Honorable Mention[/b]: [b]Pokemon Gold and Silver[/b]. XD

[b]N64[/b]: [b]The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time[/b]. I don't worship at the altar of this game, but it is still great fun to play even today. Love the scope of the boss battles, even if most are way too easy.

[b]Honorable Mention[/b]: Yeah, definitely [b]Super Mario 64[/b]. Playing this for the first time was like staying up until 4:30 a.m. playing SMB3 all over again. Wonderful.

[b]PlayStation[/b]: [b]Chrono Cross[/b]. Great story, great music, fun battle system. Plus, you get to **** with different dimensions. Why the Final Fantasy games are more popular than this is beyond me.

[b]Honorable Mention[/b]: [b]Final Fantasy IX[/b]. It's the black sheep of the Final Fantasy family, but darn it, I love the little guy. Well, I love it until things get SUPER SERIOUS~! near the end of the game, Zidane turns emo, and we get the lamest final boss in the history of ever.

[b]Game Boy Advance[/b]: Never really played this much either. I guess I'll go with [b]The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap[/b], just because I love Ezlo so much.

[b]Honorable Mention[/b]: I forgot about [b]Metroid: Zero Mission[/b]. That's a good game.

[b]GameCube[/b]: [b]Super Smash Bros. Melee[/b]. My brother and I spent hundreds of hours beating the crap out of each other in this game.

[b]Honorable Mention[/b]: [b]Resident Evil 4[/b]. Blasting the **** out of **** is fun.

[b]Nintendo DS[/b]: All the [b]Phoenix Wright[/b] and [b]Apollo Justice[/b] games. Not only are these games funny as hell, but they also present compelling stories and characters with sharp, witty writing. Absolute must-play games.

[b]Honorable Mention[/b]: Uh, I guess one of the [b]Advance Wars[/b] games? Everything pales in comparison to the awesomeness of Phoenix Wright.

[b]XBox[/b]: Never used my console that much, so I'll go with [b]Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance[/b]. I actually like the story more than most, and the gameplay is great fun ... when you aren't being bombarded with cutscenes, anyway, haha.

[b]Honorable Mention[/b]: [b]Beyond Good and Evil[/b], although I never beat it. I should do that some time.

[b]Wii[/b]: [b]Super Smash Bros. Brawl[/b]. ... Yeah, Melee is totally repeating itself here. XD

[b]Honorable Mention[/b]: Tie between [b]Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess[/b] and [b]No More Heroes[/b]. They both rock in their own ways; Twilight Princess is more epic Zelda (and Midna > you), and No More Heroes is supremely gory, ridiculous fun.

[color=#4B0082]Going by system, I think I'm going to have to list two favorites for most or else it would turn into a list of Zelda games...

[b]NES[/b]
[u]The Legend of Zelda[/u] is definitely my first pick on the NES. It's not as good as some of the later Zeldas but its gameplay has still held up incredibly well. It also remains the hardest Zelda game, other than Zelda II which I will never bother playing again. When I manage to slaughter an entire room of blue Darknuts, dodging fireballs all the while, without getting hit it's just so damn satisfying.

[u]Super Mario Bros. 3[/u] also deserves a mention here. After LoZ, it's the game I played most on the NES and it's actually held up better against later games than Zelda did.

[b]Super NES[/b]
My favorite game of all time, [u]Zelda: A Link to the Past[/u], resides on this system. It's by far the best 2D Zelda, featuring the best in level design, bosses, and difficulty of the entire series. I've played LttP a dozen times and I never get tired of it.

My second favorite game ever, [u]Super Metroid[/u], is also on the SNES?in fact, a lot of my top favorites are. It has such an incredible amount of depth in its physics and play control that there's always new tricks to be learned and honed. And the open-ended level design allows for some crazy awesome sequence breaking.

[b]PlayStation[/b]
[u]Chrono Cross[/u] takes the cake here because it has one of the most fun, turn-based battle systems I've played (even if it was pretty easy), it has a very weird and interesting story. The way it tied into Chrono Trigger was odd and not at all what I was expecting.

[b]Nintendo 64[/b]
I've criticized [u]Zelda: Ocarina of Time[/u] a fair bit when comparing it to later 3D Zeldas but, while I do think it's overrated, OoT is still a great game. Even if other parts haven't aged so well, its dungeon designs remain top-notch.

[u]Super Mario 64[/u] is a very close second on the N64; I borrowed my friend's copy of it many times, then got Super Mario 64 DS, then finally got it on the Wii Virtual Console when the DS version's control turned out to be less-than-great. It's one of those games I can pick up and play anytime and have fun with.

[b]Game Boy Color[/b]
Yes, yet another Zelda game, [u]Zelda: Link's Awakening DX[/u] comes out on top for the GB/GBC. LA tried very hard to match the depth of LttP and it came very close to it, which is incredible for an original Game Boy game competing with a SNES game. The item combos you could do (bomb arrows!) added a lot of fun and new types of puzzles to the game.

[u]Pokémon Yellow[/u] comes in second because it was my first Pokémon game and I'll never forget its magic.

[b]Game Boy Advance[/b]
[u]Metroid: Zero Mission[/u] (holy crap, it's not a Zelda game!) was better than I ever expected and really impressed me. It improved the original Metroid so much that you had to be really familiar with its level design to tell that Zero Mission was a remake and not a whole new game. It still doesn't quite match up to Super Metroid but it comes very close.

[b]GameCube[/b]
If you own a GCN and call yourself a Zelda fan but haven't played [u]Zelda: Four Swords Adventures[/u], you should slap yourself right here and now. Even in single player mode this is the best 2D Zelda since LttP. Its level design is great, the puzzles are very creative, the combat is amazing, and, if you can manage to get some GBAs hooked up, multiplayer is an absolute blast. I played through the game four times in a row when I first bought it, once in multiplayer mode with friends and three times in single player mode.

I'm going to skip Zelda: The Wind Waker because listing two Zelda games for the GCN would just be silly.

[u]F-Zero GX[/u] is another under-appreciated gem on the GCN that I played a lot. It's by far the best F-Zero game out there, due in no small part to its absolutely perfect play control and well designed tracks. It's got a fairly steep learning curve but, once you get used to how sensitive the controls are, drifting and sliding through the twists and turns of the tracks feels incredible.

[b]Nintendo DS[/b]
I haven't actually played the DS version yet but I expect [u]Final Fantasy IV[/u] will claim the top spot as soon as I can get my hands on it. I love both the SNES and GBA versions of FFIV and the only reason I didn't list FFIV Advance under the GBA is because this version looks even better.

I haven't played Mario Kart Wii yet so [u]Mario Kart DS[/u] remains my favorite in the series. It's standard Mario Kart but with improvements over all the previous games?what else is there to say?

I expect the Chrono Trigger remake will displace MKDS when it's released. It's another game that didn't quite make it into my SNES picks.

[b]Wii[/b]
I didn't bother listing SSB or SSBM because [u]Super Smash Bros. Brawl[/u] has surpassed them. It does have a few annoyances (tripping, anyone?) but, overall, I like it more than the first two. I'm not big on fighters but the easy-to-play, crazy-hard-to-master style, along with the freedom of movement during fights, really drew me into the Smash Bros. games. And the thing I like most about SSBB is the online play; even as flawed as it is, it still lets me beat down Shinmaru.

[u]Zelda: Twilight Princess[/u] took the best parts of OoT, MM, and TWW and wrapped them up into one game, creating what I believe is the best 3D Zelda game yet.[/color]

[CENTER][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Yay! I love these kinds of threads!

[B]Final Fantasy IX - [/B]I've grown up with this game since forth grade. I think I would cry if anything happened to my game (yes, I still have it). It holds a lot of memories for me, plus it has an awesome storyline.

[B]Dance Dance Revolution -[/B] I've been playing it for a few years, and I love it, especially when someone older challenges me in arcades. They usually think that because I have a small, seemingly breakable figure, I suck at it. XD

[B]Fable - [/B] My all-time favorite Xbox game. I'm always good in that game, because I feel horrible if I do anything bad. Although, I will kill a few villagers for a house to rent out.

[B]Eternal Sonata - [/B]I think it has a really touching storyline. Also, the music is amazing, and I've been looking for the soundtrack for a few months.

[B]Okami - [/B]Oh my gosh. Amazing, beautiful, touching game. I really cried the first time I beat it. This game also has awesome music, and Issun is so adorable.

[B]The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - [/B]Also another game that I've grown up with. Sadly, I don't own the game anymore (thanks to my brother and his hammer...), but it's most certainly a game I'll refuse to forget. It's the first game that ever gave me nightmares about zombies.

[B]Haunting Ground - [/B]Freaky game, but it's amazing. I refuse to play the game without my dad in the room, but he loves the game, too. It's difficult at some parts, but working through those parts is worth it because of the multiple endings.[/FONT][/CENTER]

I think my list changes every time when I have to my pick favorite titles. Oh well. This is going to be kind of long, but here we go:

[B]NES:[/B] Aside from all the Nintendo titles, I remember having tons of fun with the [B]Ducktales[/B] game. Poking enemies with Scrooge?s cane was quite the experience.

I also have to nominate the first [B]Double Dragon[/B] game seeing how my brother and I spent countless of hours beating the crap out of Abobo (sp?)and crew.

[B]SNES:[/B] [B]Mega Man X[/B] would have to get my vote. Cool boss battles with an awesome soundtrack makes for one hell of a game.

Another game that my brother and I spent a lot of time playing together with is [B]Kirby Super Star[/B]. It still stands as my favorite Kirby game of all time. I love how some of the power-ups in the game had multiple attacks instead of just one, it really added something special to the game.

[B]Sega Genesis:[/B] I didn?t own that many titles for the Genesis, but if I had to pick a game it would be [B]Flicky[/B]. You played as this blue bird that have to help guide a whole bunch of small yellow birds to an exit over tons of different levels. It was a pretty challenging game for what appeared to be a simple friendly game.

[B]Gameboy:[/B] [B]Kirby?s Block Ball[/B] was an awesome game that played much like those Breakout/Arkanoid games but with it?s own little touch.

Also, like most people here, I was hooked on the [B]Pokemon[/B] games. Squirtle and I were unstoppable I tell ya.

[B]GBA:[/B] I think that were a lot of great games for the GBA, but Legend of [B]Zelda: The Minish Cap[/B] stands out the most for me. The whole kinstone thing was pretty neat to me, and I just love 2D Zelda?s. They seriously need to make more 2D Zelda games.

[B]Playstation:[/B] [B]Mega Man X4. [/B] I really dig the new polished graphics they had going for Mega Man X and crew, and the storyline in the game seem to have gotten a bit more darker than the previous games. Plus, the animated cutscenes were pretty awesome at the time.

[B]Nintendo 64:[/B] I pretty much loved all the Nintendo games, but [B]Star Fox 64[/B] was my favorite gem on this console. The cheesy lines, the barrel rows, and the multiplayer mode in the game were really awesome. I also like how easy it is for me to get back into the game anytime I want. I?m still waiting for a true sequel to the game, Nintendo!

[B]Sega Dreamcast:[/B] The Dreamcast was pretty much a fighter?s fan dream come true with all the different fighting games it had. [B]Marvel Vs Capcom 2[/B] in particular was just magical to me with it?s huge cast of characters. The over-the-top supermoves and 3 on 3 tag teaming was simply an amazing experience.

[B]Nintendo Gamecube: [/B] [B]Paper Mario: TTYD[/B]. What I like most about this game is all the silly things that takes place in the game. I gotta go back to it again someday.

Another nomination for [B]Resident Evil 4 [/B]because it?s full of win.

[B]Nintendo Wii:[/B] While I haven?t touched it in weeks, [B]Super Smash Bros. Brawl[/B] gets my vote. I spent way too much time playing this game online. Kirby and I will make a comeback again someday.

[B]Mario Kart Wii [/B] is just as awesome. However, the online system is way much better than Brawl?s with barely any lag in races. It?s also a lot of fun trying to beat some of my friend?s time trial rankings. Good times!

And [B]Super Mario Galaxy[/B] is a magical journey like no other.

[B]PS3:[/B] I haven?t played that much games on the PS3, but I?m totally hooked on [B]Metal Gear Online[/B]. The game really encourages team work to the max with the SOP system. So yeah, it?s a total blast working with teammates.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]I guess standbys like [B]Sonic[/B] and [B]King of Fighters[/B] are always on everyones lists so I'm not worried about them so instead I'll focus on games that have come out in recent years.

[B]Uncharted: Drakes Fortune[/B]. Basically replace old-as-dirt Indiana Jones with an awesome young protagonist, add in lots of gunplay, and plenty of ledge climbing like in Tomb Raider and you pretty much have a recipe for success. The story, while not AMAZING, was engaging enough because of the character interactions and facial animations which blew me away.

[B]The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion[/B]. See, I'm a sucker for free-roaming, sandbox style games so this instantly makes my list of favorite games because while I also loved Morrowind this one was all of that and more plus better.

[B]Turok[/B]. There is nothing more satisfying than hunting high-tech soldiers with a high-tech compound bow and taking on a pack of raptors with your knife. Yeah, sure, the game isn't really all that amazing compared to other FPS but it's a very serviceable shooter and it's Turok, so it has that going for it.

[B]Metal Gear Solid 4[/B]. Best in the series, easily. Imagine, for instance, that feeling when you first found out that Darth Vader was Luke Skywalker's father. You were angry, confused, and most of all your curiousity had just been piqued. You get that feeling the entire time you play through this wonderous game that has it all; stealth, action, story. All of it. Get it.

Of course these are among others.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='"Treble"']The Dreamcast was pretty much a fighter?s fan dream come true with all the different fighting games it had. Marvel Vs Capcom 2 in particular was just magical to me with it?s huge cast of characters. The over-the-top supermoves and 3 on 3 tag teaming was simply an amazing experience.[/quote]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I'll second that notion. The Dreamcast did have a lot of good fighting games. A few that come to mind are [B]Soul Calibur[/B],[B]Capcom vs Snk [/B], and of course MAHVELL BAYBEE (look it up). There's one gem that I think people forget when they think about fighting games on the Dreamcast. It was a little known game called [B]Ready 2 Rumble Boxing[/B]. The game was an arcade styled Boxing game and the characters were about as over the top as the game. It was great for a few laughs and the game really defined the Dreamcast library to me. [/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]I only have an Xbox and an Xbox 360 (woot for awesome graphics and epic games) ...

[B]Halo (all):[/B] Do I need to explain how amazing this game is? It's like the Harry Potter of video games! XD

[B]Gladius:[/B] I like the characters in this game and the use of strategy, but it's not super exciting.

[B]Lord of the Rings (2, 3, and Third Age):[/B] In LOTR the Third Age I like the characters mostly and the little factoids about the Middle Earth (LOTR geek here). It's fun chopping down enemies in LOTR 2 and 3, and the characters are awesome in that as well.[/COLOR][/FONT]

• 6 months later...
NES: Legend of Zelda, hands down one of the best games ever to be on any platform. the game is just amazing and difficult at the same time!
PS1: Chrono Cross, an amzing RPG that lasted forever! Very tough and had amazing graphics, I loved that game.

• 1 year later...
Alrighty. My list has been going under revision for quite some time now and I still don't really have one fully mapped out yet. But I'll try to get something here.

[b]Metal Gear Solid series[/b] - Took me a long time to figure out the story and whatnot, and I still need to play MGS1 and MGS4 (first game I'll be getting on the PS3 when I get it) but I thoroughly enjoyed my experience with MGS2 and 3. The characters are great, and the gameplay, while it can be simplistic, I still had fun with it... Though, what I saw in MGS4, I wish some of it would've been thought up in some of the earlier releases. Seriously, I'd love to shoot people while laying on my back. Certainly would've been more helpful. Anyway, people seem to complain how much milking Kojima does with this game (yet they have no problems with Nintendo's top dog milking Mario, Metroid, and Zelda.... >_>), and I say if it sells continue making it. I'm a potential buyer.

[b]Devil May Cry series[/b] - I haven't played DMC2 and I hear all the negative comments it gets, but I eventually plan to get it anyway just to see for myself if I'd like it or not. (I have my moments where I can be simple/narrow-minded lol) But yeah, between this and Ninja Gaiden, I always come back these games. To be more specific, [i]Devil May Cry 3 & 4[/i]. Sure DMC1 opened the doors, but when you are introduced to more combat skills it's kind of hard to go back to the 1st. The cutscenes really grabbed me here because of the fighting visuals. Watching Dante show off has never been disappointing.

[b]Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King[/b] - My favorite RPG at the moment. I'm no story person what-so-frickin-ever when it comes to RPG's since I'd get lost somewhere, but what keeps me going is the battle system. DQ8's battle system to be more precise. It's simplistic, yet fun and engaging. A game that forces you to use buffs and debuffs just makes the fights and skill points feel more rewarding. I'm also not one to talk about customizing, but with the amount of weaponry and different set of skills you can gain throughout the game, it certainly has to be mentioned. I still haven't beaten this game but if my classes this quarter allows it, I'll go back to playing it.

[b]Shenmue series[/b] - I love both 1 & 2, but I do think 1 dominates. The story of martial arts is always a fascinating story to me. (As well as samurai) There are times where I can't stand Ryo (mainly in 2), but he's a great character. I like how Yu Suzuki mixed in the Virtua Fighter characters styles into this as well. It's a shame that no one wants to kiss and make-up so we can get Shenmue 3. Get off your high-horses people. Give us fans what we want. I need a working Dreamcast so I can play Shenmue 1 again.

That's it for now.

Edit:

[b]Ninja Gaiden[/b] (Xbox) - Till this day I still consider this to be the best hack n slasher out there. The difficulty was just right, and the controls felt great. There was not one enemy that felt overly cheap, although I did hate fighting the tanks and helicopter. Outside of those 2 fights and the lousy camera, that don't really start getting buggy till near the end of the game, I had no issues with the game. It's a shame that none of the items carried over to a new game. I would've loved to clock some of the earlier boss fights with Cloud's sword ^_^. That's something that Ninja Gaiden 2 got right.

[b]God of War series[/b] - While I haven't played God of War 3 nor Chains of Olympus (sp?) I do enjoy the way the game plays. I wish the creators of Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry took a page from the creators here with the camera. Not being able to control the camera was an iffy thought at first, but it places you in great positions so you won't have to worry about being blind-sided or anything. (Man I can see how epic DMC and NG would be with GoW's camera) I didn't care much for its story though. I'm just no fan of greek mythology, but it do tell a good story, I will admit that. Voice acting is also great... (I had no idea Kyle Barker was voicing him)

[b]Street Fighter/ Alpha series[/b] - Street Fighter 2 was where it all began for me. My competitiveness and aggression, but I have to admit that I'm no where as competitive or aggressive anymore. If anything I just play these games (fighting games in general) casually now. Just play to have fun. But yeah, me controlling with Ryu or Ken would usually cause problems for other people. (That was back in the day though lol) I still have to play Street Fighter 4. Can't wait till I get my hands on that.

[b]Final Fantasy 8[/b] - Gotta admit I came into this series pretty late. I think it was in 2004 where I first played this game. It was also the first game that actually got me into character development (for games) as I saw my Squall resembling myself (in terms of attitude and what I was going through around that time). This game has been brought and sold more times than any other game I've ever played. I just can't ever part ways with it without regretting it lol. I know the game get a lot of heat for its story and the junction, but you know what, whateva. I never play games for story and I enjoy the junction system. Edited by Magus

I love answering this question! Hmm, I guess I'll go with my top 5.

[b]King Of Fighters series[/b] SNK's big crossover fighting game between their classic games, though it's in its own universe was always a source of fun. It's always about the characters in this game. Be it Terry Bogard and his awesome phrases, the Ikari Warriors team and their tokusatsu poses or Ryo Sakazaki and his "ora ora!" The games always had a lot of personality and it's what's inspired me to do what I do.

[b]Metal Gear series[/b] Metal Gearrr... hmm, I guess it doesn't work in text. The Metal Gear series is a favorite of mine and many others for it's stealth gameplay and crazy characters. I remember playing the first Metal Gear Solid and being blown away at the time for it's story telling. The Metal Gear series made me realize that games could tell a smart story and that it could be considered art. Ironic... Kojima claimed games aren't art. But that's another discussion is it not?

[b]Street Fighter series[/b] The first gaming franchise I ever cared about! Ok, so the first one wasn't so good but how can you really argue that the Street Fighter series isn't legendary? As a kid I would play this game everyday and made darn sure that I learned my favorite characters moves and I used to be so good. Now... not so much, but don't get me wrong I'm still not a pushover. ^__^ My favorite in the series would have to be Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike

[b]The Elder Scrolls Series[/b] Specifically Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, but I loved part 3: Morrowind as well. The reason it's so high on my list is because the Elder Scrolls universe is just so rich with back history and wonder that I can never get enough of it. I've also loved high fantasy and what makes me love this series is because this series, and more specifically Oblivion is that immerses you into the fantasy setting. Gosh, I think I'll go play this game now.

[b]Shenmue series[/b] Perhaps, I'm not in a big group with this one, but I don't care. Shenmue 1 and 2 are my favorite games of all time. The theme song is playing in my head as I write this. Shenmue is such a beautiful story about martial arts and spirituality and morality it's hooked me in and I never let go. Learning about martial morality, experiencing natural beauty that not many others see in person, and learning about yourself. Shenmue was such a big adventure that it's been my head 10 years later and still hasn't moved to the back of my mind. With Sega releasing Dreamcast games on the Playstation 3, and X box 360 I can assume these 2 games, or at least the 1st one if they don't want to release the European version of the sequel can be re-released so I can play them again. I also hope for a 3rd game to finally finish the story but with the way Sega's been making some games now... I don't know.

I've put more time and money into the Pokemon franchise than any other game (I've owned most of the main games in the series, some even more than once, and I currently have over 160 hours in Platinum). I've always found it highly entertaining, and of course, super nostalgic.

I also love Legend of Zelda almost as much, but I've only ever been able to really get into Ocarina of Time. I've played bits of Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess and they just didn't grab me like OOT did.

Then there's Fallout 3. I love the karma system, the post-apocalyptic setting (and that it takes place in Washington DC), and the fun times with weapons. This game has some nice memories, too.

[b][color="#FF0000"]Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo[/color][/b]- possibly the longest titled game Ive played. But it was always required to say the whole title or your friends would not know how to approach the game. Their favorite character could have been Fei Long but if he wasnt on the game I was playing then they would have to select someone else. Street Fighter has been in my stable of favorite games for quite some time now. I even use it as a guide to play other fighting games for the move sets are very similar.

[b][color="#008000"]Zelda: Links Awaking[/color][/b]- My first Zelda game for my SNES. It was a blast and it still is.

[b][color="#0000FF"]Megaman X[/color][/b]- best video game music during its time. In fact all the noises,clicks, and whistles from Megaman X are quite contagious.

[b][color="#FFFF00"]Super Smash Bros[/color][/b]- I swear me and my friend Zen have the best Super Smash bros matches and they always end with a huge bang.

[b][color="#00BFFF"]Final Fantasy X[/color][/b]- The final fantasy I can keep playing. I love FF7, FF8, FF9, but FFX has a special place in my heart.

[b][color="#FF0000"]Marvel[/color] vs [color="#0000FF"]Capcom[/color] 2[/b]- the best game to play in the arcade. I always strived for the high score so everyone would know whose the best.

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Ah, this should be fun.

[b]Tales of the Abyss[/b]: My favorite game of all time, and one of my favorite RPGs to date. The combat is fun, the story is gripping and interesting [even if it starts off fairly cliche], but the main draw this is the characters. While I hate some that a lot of others liked [Sync, Luke, I'm looking at you], I still felt myself attached to the characters and genuinely wished for their well being. It took me about two to three years to actually beat this game, and when I did, it was one of the most bittersweet feelings I've ever felt. The anime was able to soften the pain somewhat, but it just wasn't the same. Merely watching their story unfold doesn't do it enough justice -- interaction is crucial. I love this game to pieces, flaws and all.

[b]Final Fantasy VII[/b]: Yeah yeah, I know, this is one of those games that's cool to hate nowadays. The graphics are horribly outdated [3D is not something that ages well], the story is convoluted and confusing [no thanks to the botched translation on Sony/Square of Japan's part], and the fandom is one of the biggest cases of fan dumb there is. My reaction to all of that? "Yeah, so?" While I definitely agree with all those accusations, I still very much enjoy the game. The graphics, although extremely archaic in this day and age, are actually kind of endearing in a strange way, and the environments in particular are quite nice. The characters are all well written and developed [arguments about their characterization in the Compilation notwithstanding], and, of course, the music is awesome, and downright heartbreakingly beautiful when orchestrated. No matter what's thrown at the game, I will always defend it. [...Well, except for maybe the fandom. You guys are on your own.]

[b]Paper Mario series[/b]: I've grown up with Mario; Super Mario World and Mario Paint were my first two games ever, and the SNES was my first game system. And while I do love the Mario series as a whole, the Paper Mario series stands out to me the most. The games are ridiculously easy [save for a couple [i]special[/i] bosses], but they're still insanely fun to play. The writing's top notch in the second and third games, thanks to all the humor injected into it, and the story in the third game turns darker and darker as it progresses, but left me with the same bittersweet feeling that I felt with TotA after beating it. The music in all three games is quite awesome [although the first game has the best of the three, in my opinion], and Count Bleck from SPM is pretty much the greatest villain in the history of forever [and my current favorite video game character]. Words cannot express how insanely happy I am that a fourth game is finally on the way for the 3DS, as I literally [i]screamed[/i] when I saw the first screenshot. Oh, and my current namesake is from this series, too!

Gah, I just have waaaaaaaaay too many favorite games and series, so I'm just going to condense the rest into honorable mentions for now: Ace Attorney series, Megaman Legends series, Xenosaga series, Zelda series [especially Majora's Mask and Wind Waker], the .hack//GU trilogy, Professor Layton series, Sonic Adventure series, Skies of Arcadia...the list goes on.[/font][/color] Edited by Vivian

[color="#008000"]Gamecube: Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. Had Amazing graphics for the time, very good remake/tie in of the original, and just emotion jerking scenes make this game amazing.

XBOX360: Halo 2. Had great game play in 2 player, campaign, and online. The graphics were really good, and the storyline still felt new at the time.

PS2: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. I really don't have to explain myself on this one, do I?
[/color] Edited by Botar