OtakuBoards

What has anime taught you?

ChibiHorsewoman

Trigun - Bottles of ketchup must always be hidden away somewhere in the off chance you fake your own death/or just fake being shot.

DBZ - Un populated areas that are open and perfect for fighting that logically dont and shouldnt exisit... Are right over there! *points randomly*

Bleach - Apparently even if your most effective form of attack only lasts for like 10 seconds, talking to your enemy extends it for half an epiosde till someone says something about how theyre betting it doesnt last long...

I can think of more but Im tired... That and a few of the ones I was gonna say have already been mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
-the average human has 47 gallons of blood

-never mistake bishounen for pansy

-never kidnap your enemy's girl; no matter how weak they are at the time, they will power up insanely, and against all odds, kick your a**

-big boobs dont hinder your fighting prowess whatsoever

-everyone in the world has a tearjerker backstory

Watches do more that just tell time and the date many of them also control giant robots (Giant Robo and Big O)

If you're a loser, on your way to a new school or new town and happen to met an attractive female and end up in an embarrassing situation, rest assured this girl will fall in love with you.
Not only that but it's a safe bet you will meet several more girls will show up most likely, the popular girl in school (if in school) a tomboy, a dizzy and a girl several years younger than you but your heart will always belong to the first girl (any harem series)

This is something I've been wondering, why is it always the first girl the main character in harem shows always ends up with?

[quote name='Guyver4']Watches do more that just tell time and the date many of them also control giant robots (Giant Robo and Big O)

If you're a loser, on your way to a new school or new town and happen to met an attractive female and end up in an embarrassing situation, rest assured this girl will fall in love with you.
Not only that but it's a safe bet you will meet several more girls will show up most likely, the popular girl in school (if in school) a tomboy, a dizzy and a girl several years younger than you but your heart will always belong to the first girl (any harem series)

This is something I've been wondering, why is it always the first girl the main character in harem shows always ends up with?[/quote]

I can think of only one exception. In Shuffle the guy doesn't end up with the first girl. Then again, he was also popular from the start.

Calling someone a "fool" is far more insulting than any other insult. (curse words alike)

If you've got no responce to the person ... say their name.

If there's a good chance something will happen (wink) between two characters then a third younger character will ruin it for'em.

Reasons why I don't like cats.

[SIZE=1]About half way through any journey your mecha will be replaced by a much more powerful version, equally your enemies will have developed stronger suits to counter you, although they will be limited to elites and you'll continue to slaughter the average mook.[/SIZE]

• 2 months later...
Gurlz with big boobs can kick your butt - Bleach

If robots pop out of your head make them do your chores - FLCL

Its not ok to get a hard-on when in a mansion full of women with tails - Inukami

Be careful what you take pix of they might jsut blow up - Speed Grapher

[quote name='Magus']If I wore a mask/helmet I get to do silly poses like an idiot and not feel embarassed about it because they don't know my face.... The Great Saiyaman. (I could've included Lelouch in here...)[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4] You forgot Tuxedo Kamen/ Mask and Moonlight Knight from Sailor Moon. Of course for Moonlight Knight you'd've had to mention having a towel around your face. :catgirl:[/color][/font][/size]

1. Your eyes and hair colour can be any colour in the rainbow and nobody seems to notice. [every one]

2. Random teenagers can have amazing powers and that's natural. [naruto and sailor moon]

3. Animal cruelty is fine as long as you have fun. [pokemon]

4. Outfits that most people would find risque are totally acceptible for children to wear. [every one]

5. Poeple always feel its nessasary to randomly have flashbacks and tell their life story to a complete stranger. [most]

I'v learned that the main character is always related to the most famous person in the series.

Naruto- [spoiler]He's the son of the 4th Hokage, grandson to the 3rd hokage, and god child of Jarya [/spoiler]

Luffy - [spoiler]Although not 100% confirmed I believe he's related to Gol D Roger. Not to mention Ace, Dragon and Garp.[/spoiler]

Ichigo - [spoiler]They have revealed that his dad was a Shirigami and fairly important one... [/spoiler]

1. If you are a magical girl with a completely unique appearance and no means of covering your face...no one will recognize you when you are in your normal, everyday guise. Even if your face is all over newspapers and TV (Sailor Moon, Wedding Peach, etc)
2. No matter what kind of phenomenal, cosmic power a girl has her only real dream is to get married. (most magical girl animes).
3. guys will get nosebleeds if you rubs your boobs on them, if they think about your boobs, if your boobs accidentally brush them. (any romance/comedy series)
4. you can be a completely boring, generic, and otherwise irrelevant dude and women will fawn all over you (Ah! My Goddess, Tenchi, Sakura Diaries)
5. Everyone, no matter how cute, has a dark and terrible secret (Shuffle, Higurashi)
6. It's okay to fall in love with an AI, even if she has the conversation skills of a four year old (Chobits)

These are all I can come up with...

If there are a few people in the world with a special ability almost all of them will go to the same high school. -everything

The walls of public hot springs are very flimsy -School Rumble, Nyan Koi

Life after High School doesn't exist -everything

If you don't want a girlfriend everyone will want to date you and visa versa -every harem comedy

Teachers have excellent aim -many things

Oh, another one that pax et agape's post reminded me of!
Even though high school entrance exams are super difficult and most Japanese students spend all of middle school preparing for them, in anime really dumb characters who would've never passed the exam for a good high school still manage to go to school with characters who are super smart.
So anime has taught me-entrance exams are in fact completely irrelevant.

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Building on vlad chan's post:

Even if you're a genius or insanely famous you'll still settle for going to a regular public high school with people whose breakfast has a better chance of passing an entrance exam and who are as ordinary as dry toast- Mostly [B]Sailor Moon[/B], but I'm sure other anime will also fit this lesson.

Switching genders or pretending to be another gender is completely acceptable and understandable if it's necessary for the plot- [B]Sailor Moon[/B] and [B]Ouran High School Host Club[/B]

No matter how much school you miss you'll have no trouble catching up and passing all your classes- [B]Inu Yasha[/B][/color][/font][/size]

1.) At least one High School student or teenager will become a hero, in your world or another.
2.) Some mothers look like teenager.:o-Toradora.
3.)You can always get stronger, sometimes by getting angry. -Dragon Ball series.
I forgot to add
4.) Ponch=Clap. (spell check please) Lucky Star
5.)Neko= Cat. -No idea
6.) Pedophilia is OK in some instances.-Chobits
7.) Really disturbingly dressed men can rip your backside off, put it back on, then rip it off again.-Buso Renkin's butterfly man