OtakuBoards

Soft Drinks! (or pop, or soda, whichever you prefer, I prefer pop, though)

Lunar

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Wowzers!!!! After waking up at 1 pm today after staying up until 4 in the morning yesterday to watch the final episodes of Full Metal Alchemist and the FMA movie, I had some time to think!

So......
What is your favorite kind of soft drink? Why? How long have you liked it? What other drinks do you like besides soda?:animesmil[/COLOR]

Well I'd have to say Coca Cola Classic is my favorite POP to drink. I don't know I guess its just what I grew up on so that's why I like it. Right now, though, I've been drinking Diet Coke which isn't nearly as good. But I'm going to keep it up through the holidays.

You have to balance out eating all that holiday food somehow.

[quote name='Drizzt Do'urden'] I've been drinking Diet Coke which isn't nearly as good.[/QUOTE]
Coke Zero is pretty damn good, go check it out.

My soft drink of choice? why, that would be th good Doctor pepper. I swear I could live off of that stuff.

[QUOTE=Lunar]
Wowzers!!!! After waking up at 1 pm today after staying up until 4 in the morning yesterday to watch the final episodes of Full Metal Alchemist and the FMA movie, I had some time to think![/QUOTE]

Then you will be glad to hear of the new FMA series that is just about to come out then :P

[quote name='gohansan']
Then you will be glad to hear of the new FMA series that is just about to come out then :P[/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]
Hehe. Yeah I know. I can't wait until it comes.:catgirl: My favorite soft drink is Pepsi. It's so strong and awesome. I've lately been drinking a mixture of Sprite and Pepsi along with juice when I can at place like McDonalds.:catgirl:[/COLOR]

Well, my friends (and you will probably be one of them, Lunar XD) are always surprised that I've never had a Pepsi in my life. I'm all for root beer for some reason though. Not Barqs though. I never liked the taste of that. I mean I'll drink it if I have to (since most places only seem to carry it if I ask for root beer) but I prefer almost any other brand.

Besides sodas, anything non-carbonated please. Tea, juice, you name it. :animesmil

[quote name='Nessaja']Well, my friends (and you will probably be one of them, Lunar XD) are always surprised that I've never had a Pepsi in my life. [/QUOTE]

:wow:
[COLOR="darkorange"]Never ever for never ever? [/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Besides sodas, anything non-carbonated please. Tea, juice, you name it. :animesmil[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]My mom loves tea. I kinda like juice. But I much prefer Jumex juice!(fruit nectar)[/COLOR]

I've been a soda fiend all my life, drinking far more that was probably good for me. These days I try to limit my intake, but there are some sodas I've had that I consider among the best:

IBC - I love their Root Beer and Cream Soda, but the best by far is their Black Cherry variety. It has a deep, smooth flavor that's nothing like the cough-syrup taste of ordinary cherry sodas.

Stewarts - Another company with some excellent flavors, the best of which are Key Lime and Peach. We found Stewarts several years ago on a trip to North Carolina and bought a couple cases of it (it wasn't easy trying to ration them). But now we can get it down here too, which makes me very happy.

[quote name='Drizzt Do'urden'] I've been drinking Diet Coke which isn't nearly as good. But I'm going to keep it up through the holidays.
[/QUOTE]

Diet soft drinks contain an artificial sweetener called Aspartam which turns into formaldehyde when it reacts with chemicals in your stomach. I'd stay away from it if I was you, unless you like drinking embalming fluid. Regular soft drinks, though high in sugar are more natural and therefore less harmful on your system.

As far as my likes:

room temperature coca-cola (on occasion)

But I try to stick to tea. Arnold Palmers are delicious.

[quote name='Lunar']:wow:
[COLOR="darkorange"]Never ever for never ever? [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]My mom loves tea. I kinda like juice. But I much prefer Jumex juice!(fruit nectar)[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

XD well, I might one day. But so far, never ever. I don't know why either. I just stay away from Pepsi, Coca Cola, etc. The only one I usually drink like those two is Dr. Pepper, but I'm kind of suspicious of it now that I know it's a mixture of 23 flavors. That's kind of a lot of flavors to mix. What's in there, I wonder?

Yeah, I think I've heard of Jumex. As far as juice goes though, anything 100% juice I like. Anything with less juice tends to taste a little strange.

[quote name='Nessaja'] The only one I usually drink like those two is Dr. Pepper, but I'm kind of suspicious of it now that I know it's a mixture of 23 flavors. That's kind of a lot of flavors to mix. What's in there, I wonder?
[/QUOTE]

carbonated Water
1 1/2 Babies
sugar and/or corn sweetener
the tongue of a Llama
caramel color
the blood of a virgin
Vanilla Ice's career
phosphoric acid
the soul of an orphan
sodium benzoate
the mummified remains of Walt Disney (for flavor)
a Yugoslavian grandmother's chest hair
sweat from a old Polish man's taint
the left paw of a chimpanzee
lactic acid
Johnny Depp's self respect

wait a minute... maybe it's this:

1. Amaretto
2. Almond
3. Blackberry
4. Black Licorice
5. Carrot
6. Clove
7. Cherry
8. Caramel
9. Cola
10. Ginger
11. Juniper
12. Lemon
13. Molasses
14. Nutmeg
15. Orange
16. Prune
17. Plum
18. Pepper
19. Root Beer
20. Rum
21. Raspberry
22. Tomato
23. Vanilla

Enjoy

[FONT="Tahoma"]I tend to drink more water than anything. I'm not a big soda drinker but when I do have it, I usually have Sprite, Root Beer or Fresca. So long as it doesn't have caffeine I'm good. Right now my favorite is Black Cherry Fresca. So tasty. [/FONT]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]When it comes to soft drinks, I usually go for either Diet Coke or Diet Dr. Pepper. I'll have Diet Pepsi too since I'm not that picky. If I'm looking for something without caffeine then I'll have Fresca. I like the grapefruit flavor. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Maps... (Man I hate maps like that.. lol)

Anyway, so are we asking what we prefer to call pop? Pop of course. I should probably stay away from pop for a bit since I've had a little bit too much of it in the past 4 months. 2 giant 3 liters a day while I was in Arizona, and the regular 2 liters here in Detroit.

I'm all for Dr. Pepper, but if I ever had the opportunity to mix flavor's I'd do it in a sec, just to see how it would taste. Sprite + Pepsi, Vernors + Pepsi were interesting combinations. To get weird with it, try mixing hawaian punch + pepsi + sprite together.

[quote name='Magus']
Anyway, so are we asking what we prefer to call pop? [/quote]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Hehe. No, I wasn't, but glad you answered and thank you for that map, Drix.:animesmil Finally! What i've been wondering for a very long time has been answered![/COLOR]

[QUOTE] To get weird with it, try mixing hawaian punch + pepsi + sprite together.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR="darkorange"]I love doing that with my pop. It's a great taste really!:catgirl:[/COLOR]

• 4 weeks later...
Pop, soda whatever you call it I drink the reds. coke, Dr Pepper, Big Red, Red Flash, Red Creme soda,Root Beer, Mr Pib and the like. Dont like lemon/lime sodas or diet pop. Other than that; kool-Aid, tea normally mixed with milk or apple juice, milk(red top not that 2% or whatever watered down butter crap), fruit juices, energy drinks. Beer is good and other alcohol by products.

DRINK SAMUEL L. JACKSON BEER, ITS GOOD!!!!

[SIZE="1"]I call it pop, and I don't drink it at all, lol. I used to be the queen of pop, I loved the stuff when I was little. My parents would yell at me because I would open a can of Coke and leave it somewhere, with 1/2 left, then go and open another one.

Coke was always my favorite, but I liked pretty much all of them. I always hated Vernors, and any root beer.

I stopped drinking pop when I was in high school, I don't remember why exactly. Now its because its extremely bad for you. Its loaded with sugar, carbs, and who knows what else. I had ginger ale when I was sick a couple months ago, but I didn't drink much of it, hah. I drink water, and tea mostly. I love coffee, but I usually only have that on the weekend due to convenience. V8 Splash and Arizona Green tea are awesome, but I do try to limit my juice intake because its so sugary. I can't drink a straight class usually, I always mix it with water. Especially that 100% Grape juice or any of those 100% juices..its disgusting otherwise, and it gives me a stomach ach.[/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I used to like Coke a lot, but I [i]swear[/i] that they changed the recipe (at least here in Australia) at some stage within the last couple of years. It doesn't taste like it used to. So I don't drink it at all now.

These days if I want soda (or soft drink, as we'd call it here) I buy Pepsi Max. Sure, it tastes like varnish, but it's at least better than the new Coke formulation here (in my humble view).

I did try Coke Zero once, but that's kind of like coloured water with a ton of salt mixed in. Yuck.

My favourite drinks now would probably be dragonfruit water (I think the brand is Vitamin Water) or some kind of cordial.[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]I used to like Coke a lot, but I [i]swear[/i] that they changed the recipe (at least here in Australia) at some stage within the last couple of years. It doesn't taste like it used to. So I don't drink it at all now.[/font][/QUOTE]

So I'm NOT the only one who thinks that!:o I'm actually starting to cut down on soda...maybe it's because of my new paranoia of cavaties...:animedepr

[quote name='chibi-master']So I'm NOT the only one who thinks that!:o I'm actually starting to cut down on soda...maybe it's because of my new paranoia of cavaties...:animedepr[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Wow, really? Hm...

My brother thinks I'm nuts. He says it's the same.

But the rest of my family, including my two sisters, agree with me. Now I rarely find Coke that tastes like it used to.

I wouldn't worry too much about cavities, as long as you look after your teeth well. Just make sure to floss and clean them twice a day at least (especially before bed!) If you don't allow sugar to sit on them, you should be ok. :bdance:[/font]

[quote name='NinjaGirlSango']Hm, I'm not too fond of soda in general, but I like Mountain Dew and Root Beer the best.

I love my tea, grapefruit juice, and pomegranate juice.

You are aware that many of the people here are underage, aren't you?[/QUOTE]

You are aware that people of all ages love Dave Chappel, aren't you?