The Almagest Expedition: Backstage

Shy

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
[font=franklin gothic medium]So, other than Aaryanna, who needs to post next? Since we haven't had a post in forever, I suggest skipping to the next person in line.

Since our characters are in groups we can probably juggle things around a bit. Any thoughts, guys?[/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1]Just posted.

One minor thing: I changed it so that the Czenovians are unaware that the Anovans have a Xear ship. They merely assume that it's one of Jack's (which makes the most sense to me.)

I'll assume Aaryanna isn't going to post, so James or myself will move the story forward. The best thing everyone else can do is return the three groups to their respective homes. Natalia/Jack/etc. are going to make it back to Le Monde briefly, but just long enough for him to toss Frederic and Bella from the ship.

Be careful. Leonhart Almagest is on the loose and considered very dangerous.

-Shy[/size]

[font=franklin gothic medium]This reminds me, in my next post I need to write about the Anovan election (given that one group will be meeting the PM soon). I might split my post into two halves and deal with that as well as the group with Gustave.

I'm not sure how to follow up my last post though, because I've indicated that Leonhart is coming and that this is a problem. Shy, could you PM me about that? I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post about a death or not. Haha :catgirl: [/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1]Just a reminder that I double-posted, but didn't [i]physically[/i] double-post, because uptight people like me hate that. James is working on something down the pipeline, but there are a lot of great characters and storylines that need to be forward. It would be wonderful to see some posts from everyone again.

If you're unsure of where to take your character next just contact myself or James, or just post in this thread.

-Shy[/size] :whoops:

[font=franklin gothic medium]Okay, I've posted. I hope that my post correlates with everyone's thinking on what should happen at the Dreadnaught Estate.

I figure at this point Leonhart is getting seriously worried about his lack of control over the situation (thus his threat towards Cole). I imagine that this will be the beginning of the end, so to speak. :catgirl:

If there are any issues with my post I'm happy to edit it, just let me know. Darren, over to you![/font]

[size=1]I haven't heard from Darren in months, so I'm assuming that he probably won't post. I'm going to handle his share of the posts to move that particular story forward, but it will take me most of the weekend I think.

This hasn't been mentioned yet, but we're planning on wrapping up the RPG fairly soon. If there are any lingering subplots you want to resolve with your characters now would be the time to do so. Please contact me if you need specifics.

We'll be touching on the Almagest world, the continuing mystery of the Xear, the heating political climate between Anova and Czenovia, and plenty of more things in the very near future. We just felt now would be a good time to pause, jettison some of the characters that have been abandoned by their writers, and start over fresh.

There will be plenty of opportunities to visit your current characters in the next story, even if only in a cameo, but we want to pare thing down to a smaller and more manageable cast.

-Shy[/size]

[font=franklin gothic medium]So it's okay for me to post again? I just have to re-read your PM to work out what I should post next.

I'm thinking of including a few different things in my next post, so it might be a bigger one. We'll see, anyway.[/font]

[size=1]My post is done. We just need to establish that Cole is returning to the mines because they figured out that is where the next artifact is. Also:[/size]

[center][img]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/08/08/article-1042825-0235890600000578-658_468x572.jpg[/img]
[color=red][size=6][b]PEACE OUT, LIANA!!XOXOX[/b][/size][/center][/color]
[size=1]...sorry about that.

-Shy[/size]

• 2 months later...
[font="Palatino Linotype"]I've updated the first post in this topic to try to fix up the issues that occurred when the software changed. You guys will notice that your old posts don't look quite like they used to - that's just because some of the formatting for the site has changed now. I won't be going back to edit all of my old posts, so they will just have to stay that way. But any new posts I make will be formatted correctly.

I did want to try to fix up the opening post in this topic a bit though, since we'll be referring to it quite a bit. There are still a couple of little changes I want to make, but so far, so good.

What's next? Is anyone interested in moving this RPG along any further?
[/font]

[quote name='James' date='29 June 2010 - 06:03 PM' timestamp='1277859822' post='696169']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]I've updated the first post in this topic to try to fix up the issues that occurred when the software changed. You guys will notice that your old posts don't look quite like they used to - that's just because some of the formatting for the site has changed now. I won't be going back to edit all of my old posts, so they will just have to stay that way. But any new posts I make will be formatted correctly.

I did want to try to fix up the opening post in this topic a bit though, since we'll be referring to it quite a bit. There are still a couple of little changes I want to make, but so far, so good.

What's next? Is anyone interested in moving this RPG along any further?
[/font]
[/quote]
I need to post next and wrap up the Czenovia characters or the Anova characters. Beyond that, someone should work on posting about the mines and what's going to go down there. If you wan to do that James, that's awesome. Otherwise I'll try to handle everything in a multi-post.

-Shy Edited by Shy

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Hm, okay, I will go back through my messages and see what I can come up with. I just can't guarantee that it will follow the original structure completely. Heh. :huh:

[b]Edit:[/b] We now have a proper left and right indent as we did on vB. Just use:

[code][blockquote][/code]

This will produce a double-sided indent effect, which you can see on my last post in The Almagest Expedition.

You can also re-produce a horizontal line by using the [code][hr][/code] tag.

If you put something like:

[code][hr=blue]100[/hr][/code]

This will produce a blue horizontal line that is 100 pixels wide.

We will publish a full list of updated BB code for OB soon, so that you can see exactly what options there are. :)[/font]

Posted! Brief, but it pushes things along in a big way. It looks like things are starting to heat up as we're reaching the end of our crawl. I'll let James handle the rest of the mine stuff. As for me, I'm going to address what's going on with the Czenovians and Anovans.....

Also: Thanks for all of the formatting help, James. I know it as kind of driving me insane for a while there.

-Shy Edited by Shy

• 2 weeks later...
[font="Palatino Linotype"]Just to update everyone, I'm still working on my post (I'm expecting it to be my final post in the RPG), but hopefully that will be online soon.

Regarding any future Almagest RPGs, Shy, are you intending to just start one or will we do what we did here and create a Backstage topic first?[/font]

[quote name='James' date='13 July 2010 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1279066482' post='697255']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]Regarding any future Almagest RPGs, Shy, are you intending to just start one or will we do what we did here and create a Backstage topic first?[/font]
[/quote]
I'll likely be starting a new thread Backstage before I move onto a new Almagest RPG. In the meantime I'm thinking about a couple of different RPGS to do next. I'd like to create a clean break from this story to the next one, so I'm looking to do something 'new' before moving forward with the next chapter in the Almagest story. I'll definitely be looking for feedback when we get to that point, though.

-Shy Edited by Shy

• 3 weeks later...
[font="Arial"]After such a lengthy break from the boards (It was unintentional, just got busy with life and next thing I knew it was August).... Anyway, I came back and caught up on what happened in the RPG. If you do intend to finish it off with another chapter I would be interested. [/font]

Welcome back, Nathan!

I was intending on the next post dealing with Belmonda and the gang to be their last for this particular story. If you'd like you can take the reigns! [SPOILER]Basically Natalia/The Ship are going to transport everyone else off-board, back in Anova, and disappear. Where the ship goes, and Jack's obsession with capturing it will be touched on in the next RPG.[/spoiler] Beyond that you have complete freedom to do what you want with it, and give your character a touch of closure for this particular chapter in the story.

-Shy

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
[font="Palatino Linotype"]I did a bit of reading (both this topic and the main RPG topic) and I'm kinda keen to start thinking about a follow-up RPG. Sure, this one didn't exactly [i]finish[/i], but that's OK. We still got through quite a lot in this RPG.

Right now I am not planning to start my Evangelion RPG - I'm not too happy with it and I want to make a lot of changes to the concept before it goes ahead.

In the interim, I'm thinking about Almagest again.

I am kind of keen to know if anyone would be interested in another Almagest RPG. It seems to me that we would have two big challenges with this:

[list]
[*]Many of the original writers are no longer around, and;
[*]It could be intimidating for new writers to join, given the significant history and complex family tree involved.
[/list]

What do you guys think? Does anyone have another Almagest RPG in 'em? :suave: [/font]

[font="'Book Antiqua"][size="2"]I would be thrilled to join a new Almagest RPG. I was supremely bummed when I didn't get accepted into the last one, and I relish another chance to be a part of this world. And I don't mind in the least spending a week+ to catch up on the storyline.[/size][/font]
[font="'Book Antiqua"][size="2"]
[/size][/font]
[font="'Book Antiqua"][size="2"]So count me in.[/size][/font]

[quote]I would be thrilled to join a new Almagest RPG. I was supremely bummed when I didn't get accepted into the last one, and I relish another chance to be a part of this world. And I don't mind in the least spending a week+ to catch up on the storyline.

So count me in. [/quote]

Exactly what he said.

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Wow, I'm impressed by the enthusiasm guys. :wow:

I discussed this with Shy yesterday and he'd still like to "finish" this story before we make a third. My understanding is that there's literally only one or two posts to go, though. And making a third RPG would require a lot of planning in terms of plot.

So, with that said, I might start doing some brainstorming and create a new Backstage topic soonish with the thought that we can start developing ideas for a new story. [/font]

• 2 weeks later...