OtakuBoards

The Almagest Expedition: Backstage

Shy

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"]No, if you read what my mom said in her post, the first artifact is a crystal with a xear symbol on it. So the ship can't be the artifact. So my guess is either Rachmaninoff or P.J. McKrafty will be posting about retrieving it in their next post. o_O

I need to post as well. I've just been really busy with homework and lately, it has left me with little spare time to do stuff. I do plan on posting this weekend though.

[B]EDIT:[/B] And I have posted. It's just a little bit to indicate that the girls are joining Gustave for breakfast. Either one of you can feel free to skip straight to the fashion show, or whatever you wish to post. [/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"]No, if you read what my mom said in her post, the first artifact is a crystal with a xear symbol on it. So the ship can't be the artifact. So my guess is either Rachmaninoff or P.J. McKrafty will be posting about retrieving it in their next post. o_O

I need to post as well. I've just been really busy with homework and lately, it has left me with little spare time to do stuff. I do plan on posting this weekend though.

[B]EDIT:[/B] And I have posted. It's just a little bit to indicate that the girls are joining Gustave for breakfast. Either one of you can feel free to skip straight to the fashion show, or whatever you wish to post. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Oh ok, I've had conflicting stories about what the artifact actually is. I think different people had made different decisions about that.

In any case, it matters not - the sooner the artifact is retrieved the better, otherwise we'll risk the story stagnating too much I think.

I'll catch up on the latest posts. :catgirl:[/font]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='James][font=franklin gothic medium]Oh ok, I've had conflicting stories about what the artifact actually is. I think different people had made different decisions about that.[/font][/QUOTE]I guess since it's been a few months since her post with this in it:[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']?[B]The first artifact is a large crystal with a Xear inscription on it. You?ll need that in order to determine where the next one is located.[/B']? [/quote]People just forgot what the artifact is. o_O But yeah, it's definitely time to get things moving.

Victoria Ann needs to get into more mischief! :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Raiha][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]What if the ship is...MADE OUT OF CRYSTAL!? Yeah. I'm brilliant I know...[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]Doesn't matter if it is. Shy gave me the go ahead on having my group retrieve the artifact. If it was the ship, he would have told me. Especially since Malkav's post was already up when I was given the go ahead.

And speaking of that, I've talked to P.J. McKrafty, and since he's going to be rather busy with school the next few weeks, I'll be tackling that post. So I'll work on getting that up asap.

[SIZE="1"]I've got about half a post written involving Dawlish giving a tour of the Icarus' main production facilities in the desert between Anova and Czenovia to a group of journalists. I should have that finished tomorrow (damn writer's block) and up by tomorrow evening at the latest.[/SIZE]

Just so you all know, I do have the post half written. I just got busy this week with school starting up again. Regardless, I expect to have it finished later tonight or tomorrow at the latest. Then I'll get to see what new mischief Shy has in mind for everyone, because you know he's going to do something. =P

[B]EDIT:[/B] And finally up. I didn't bother to write in them sleeping and getting up later to find a way out and take the thing with them. I'm sure Shy will let us know if that caused anything to happen. =P

[FONT="Arial"]I'm not entirely sure where to go with a post here. Mainly because I get the impression that the church's group retrieving the artifact will have caused certain [I]tangible[/I] ripples.

Oh like [spoiler]the tropical warmth suddenly ending since the ancient technology, which the crystal was a part of, was creating the unusual weather to begin with.[/spoiler] Things like that. =P

I'm guessing we're now waiting on a landmark to go up, to help give us direction. Though I get the feeling, it's going to spell even more trouble. lol[/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"]I'm thinking the same thing you are Nathan.

And yes, I'm finally back. I didn't mean to be gone for so long. o_O Anyway, so... where do we go from here? I am caught up on all the posts, but I'm not quite sure what to do.

[I][SIZE="1"]*pokes Shy and everyone for the fun of it*[/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
[font=franklin gothic medium]I think we were supposed to be waiting for someone to post...but that just hasn't happened. My suggestion is that we just move on and establish a new Landmark. The story does need a bit of guidance at this point I think.

I think I have to post about us going to the fashion show... I did have a post that I was working on, but it just isn't working. I may have to dump it entirely and start fresh.[/font]

[size=1]I was waiting for PJ specifically to post. Since that doesn't look like it's gonna happen I'll talk to James and figure out what we want the next Landmark to be.

-Shy[/size]

• 5 weeks later...
[font=franklin gothic medium]Haha, it might take a few. :catgirl:

I'm really eager to get this thing going again, but the post I've been writing up is...well, terrible. It just doesn't work at all.

I think that we need to skip PJ's post and move to a new Landmark.

As far as the fashion show goes, I think I need to handle that in a very different way (if at all). It might be necessary to move in a slightly different direction there.

Hrm. Does anyone have ideas about what the next Landmark should be? I haven't been able to catch Shy on AIM so we haven't had much discussion about this.

It might be good for us to collaborate in this thread so that everyone can brainstorm. It'd be great to get this show back on the road. :catgirl:[/font]

• 1 month later...
[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I'm certainly still interested as well. I'm just not sure where to go since the landmark we were waiting on, prevented me from doing much more with my character.

[B]EDIT:[/B] And posted, Rach will be following up on my post. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='SunfallE][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]EDIT:[/B] And posted, Rach will be following up on my post. [/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]And finally done. I meant to get it up sooner, but I got busy and ran out of time over the weekend. Anyway, if I remember correctly, the Church arrived a day ahead of the others, so this puts them back on even ground.

This would make it the same night now since after finding the others, they would have immediately looked for another way back to where their ship is waiting. Obviously they would have had to find another route since the one they used, is now gone.

So I would say they're either at their ship or camped for the night and will arrive back where it's located in the morning or afternoon of the next day.

[quote name='Ace][FONT="Comic Sans MS"']I can't lie anymore. I have free time on my hands, I'm just lazy. Gonna try to catch up now, though if I find out Ivan's already been killed off, I really can't blame you guys.[/FONT][/quote]You're out of luck my friend. He lives so you can't continue to be lazy. :p

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']You're out of luck my friend. He lives so you can't continue to be lazy. :p[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]How unfortunate. :p

In the meantime, I just cut the rest of my catching up down to a single page and since it's 12:30 AM, I'm gonna go ahead and continue to be lazy for the next 8 hours or so.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiHKGmb7_jA"][COLOR="Blue"]This song[/COLOR][/URL] happens to be the perfect background noise for much of this RP, by the way.[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiHKGmb7_jA"][COLOR="Blue"]This song[/COLOR][/URL] happens to be the perfect background noise for much of this RP, by the way.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Very nice choice Ace.[/SIZE]

[size=1]The big thing is that I want each of the teams back in their respective 'homelands' sp we can push forward to the next day and the next event. It's very important that Victoria Ann be in Brigit Town soon for the story to move forward.

If you're still interested in the story I highly recommend you let me know, otherwise I'l likely be taking over writing duties for them.

-Shy[/size]

[FONT="Arial"]I'm game to continue and can even see how to wrap up the group coming to the realization that the artifact has already been retrieved, leading to them heading back to their respective homes.

The only thing I am not clear on how to approach is the deal with Natalia, since I don't know what Malkav and Hinata had in mind with that paticular deal. [/FONT]