OtakuBoards

The Almagest Expedition: Backstage

Shy

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I get the feeling I probably messed something up somehow here. Let me know if it needs to be tweaked. Or overhauled.[/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]I could actually see Dawlish report the incident to the school and police in secret. I'm not sure how the 'international incident' thing works, but charging Ivan for assault is possible. After all, Dawlish is kind of an asshole (still love Gavin, though.)

As for the end, I will say that the Xear expeditions are secret. Natalia discussing the mission with her father was fine, since he is an Achard and can most likely be trusted. The only ones 'out of the loop' on the Anovan side are Gustave and Olivier, although I suspect both of them will find out soon enough and won't be happy with it.

The police wouldn't be aware of Leonhart's mission, but if Leonhart were to visit the school and announce that he was taking a vested interest in the child the matter would be dropped entirely. From there Leonhart could approach the boy in private, and recruit him, trying to set his wayward grandson on the right path.

But it's Leonhart, so you never really know what he has planned....

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]I could actually see Dawlish report the incident to the school and police in secret. I'm not sure how the 'international incident' thing works, but charging Ivan for assault is possible. After all, Dawlish is kind of an asshole (still love Gavin, though.)

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Maybe it's just me here, but the way I read it sounds much more like Leonhart was the one who arranged the expulsion so he could take advantage of Ivan's knowledge while shifting the blame to Dawlish so Ivan wouldn't suspect the truth of the matter. After all Leonhart is just an older version of Dawlish for many intents and purposes, so him being an even bigger and better sneak wouldn't surprise me at all.

Or perhaps it's just the idea that Dawlish would be so petty, having already trounced his nephew in front of the whole family on the Alaina doesn't fit with his character. Sure he's a jerk sometimes but that might be going a bit far to destroy someone whom he doesn't have any strong feelings for, like or dislike.

Lastly, unfortunately due to a dose of the flu I won't be posting before the weekend at the earliest, though I do have a few ideas for the plot of said post. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Maybe it's just me here, but the way I read it sounds much more like Leonhart was the one who arranged the expulsion so he could take advantage of Ivan's knowledge while shifting the blame to Dawlish so Ivan wouldn't suspect the truth of the matter. After all Leonhart is just an older version of Dawlish for many intents and purposes, so him being an even bigger and better sneak wouldn't surprise me at all.

Or perhaps it's just the idea that Dawlish would be so petty, having already trounced his nephew in front of the whole family on the Alaina doesn't fit with his character. Sure he's a jerk sometimes but that might be going a bit far to destroy someone whom he doesn't have any strong feelings for, like or dislike. [/SIZE][/QUOTE][size=1]I suppose that's fair. I think we discussed that Dawlish has high hopes for Ivan, and I figured this would tie into those higher plans. It's perfectly within character for Leonhart to orchestrate this whole thing, though.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="times new roman"]Soooo..... What are we supposed to do now? I've forgotten.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]Well... since you asked.... here is my understanding of what is going on.

[LIST][*]Leonhart has recruited several for his crew, including Macey and Ivan, but there are two more who still need to join up. Harrison and his mentor/leader need to be recruited, and from there the small crew (minus Leonhart) can head up to the Vosper summit.

[*]The Anovan crew (Frederic, Belmonda, Natalia) have one more addition to the crew as well. I don't know if Malkav is handling that in his post or Nathan though. Then they will head to Vosper, however both the Czenovian and Anovan expeditions have no idea what exactly they are looking for.

[*]Felix, Elaine and Juste are free to head up to Vosper immediately. It is a trip of several hours, so there is time to rest and for the crew to interact with one another until they arrive. Once they 'arrive' I will write a post featuring these characters and establish what exactly the mountainous Vosper summit is like.

[*]Gustave, Victoria Ann and Liana (if she would like) are attending the fashion show. Gustave and/or Esther are free to attend as well, or pursue their own adventures... whichever.

[*]Fonty has a bad headache from the night before. And it's only going to get worse.[/LIST]

And that's about it. Get to posting, yo.

-Shy[/size]

[FONT="Arial"][quote name='Shy][size=1']The Anovan crew (Frederic, Belmonda, Natalia) have one more addition to the crew as well. I don't know if Malkav is handling that in his post or Nathan though. Then they will head to Vosper, however both the Czenovian and Anovan expeditions have no idea what exactly they are looking for.[/size][/quote]I know that Malkav is going to at least get it started. And depending on where he leaves off, I'll just go from there. So as soon as that's up, I'll post as well. Though at this rate, since they know more, the Church is going to get there first. =P

Also, I suspect that Fonty's headache will increase exponentially upon realizing that either Victoria or Liana must have the compass. [/FONT]

[quote name='Nathan'][FONT="Arial"]I know that Malkav is going to at least get it started. And depending on where he leaves off, I'll just go from there. So as soon as that's up, I'll post as well. Though at this rate, since they know more, the Church is going to get there first. =P

Also, I suspect that Fonty's headache will increase exponentially upon realizing that either Victoria or Liana must have the compass. [/FONT][/QUOTE]
Yes, I would imagine... But what about Leonhart and Cole??? They won't even know who took it to begin with. Oh, this is interesting.

Sorry about the delay. I'll try to have my post up by tonight.

[SIZE="1"]I'm waiting for Gavin to post before I do anything with Esther again, but I suppose if we've moved on to the next day that doesn't really matter. Hm. If Gav hasn't done anything by some point in the weekend I'll jump in with Esther.[/SIZE]

Nathan, if you don't mind, could you post our character's meeting? I'm going to be out of town this weekend and midterms start next week so I'm gonna be MIA for a while again. Just run into Jack in Le Monde, you don't have to know what he was doing beforehand. He'll most likely be in a bar or tavern but I'm going to put him in your creative control for a while. If you need any references on how to RP him then you can research the Almagest Legacy thread. Don't worry, Shy, Raiha, and some others have a good idea of him so you can always ask them too if you're that much of a stickler for accuracy.

[quote name='Darren']Yes, I would imagine... But what about Leonhart and Cole??? They won't even know who took it to begin with. Oh, this is interesting.[/quote]I love the irony of how [I]all[/I] of them will be wondering what the hell happened to the compass. Victoria, getting into assisted mischief sounds about right. Especially when Fonty's involved. =P

Anyway, I meant to get that post up sooner so, sorry for the delay on the church side of the rp. =P If either one of you want to skip ahead to them all being on board the ship and heading for the Vosper summit, I'm done with the Citadel. I'll wait for one of you to post again before I add anything to it.

[FONT="Arial"][quote name='Malkav']Nathan, if you don't mind, could you post our character's meeting? I'm going to be out of town this weekend and midterms start next week so I'm gonna be MIA for a while again. Just run into Jack in Le Monde, you don't have to know what he was doing beforehand. He'll most likely be in a bar or tavern but I'm going to put him in your creative control for a while. If you need any references on how to RP him then you can research the Almagest Legacy thread. Don't worry, Shy, Raiha, and some others have a good idea of him so you can always ask them too if you're that much of a stickler for accuracy.[/quote]Alright, posted. If you want anything tweaked in that, let me know and I'll edit it.

I didn't post the bit with Hinata's character. I figured someone else would want a chance to add their bit to getting them on the go. =P

Anyway, sorry that took me a bit to get to. It's easier for me to get a post in on my days off. [/FONT]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Also I might as well jump in and mention that my next post is about 2/3 finished... and it's pretty long. And it includes Aaryanna's character (but not Darren's - I don't know whether he wants Liana to be included or not).

So maybe Aaryanna you can post when mine is up. I only mention this now because it's fairly long and I'd hate to have to wind it back haha.[/font]

[SIZE="1"]I've genuinely been meaning to get a post in over the last while but college has become very hectic of late and my time is mostly dedicated towards studying for exams. I'll try to get a post up on Friday or the weekend but for all intents and purposes Dawlish is just going to be going through mundane corporate affairs while giving thought to what his uncle and co are up to.[/SIZE]

[size=1]So it would seem that poor Leonhart had a heart attack. He's very much alive, just not doing so well.

Of course, the expedition is still set to depart that night. Since Leonhart isn't going it looks like Bavaria might take upon herself to sit in on this adventure. Oh dear.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Also I might as well jump in and mention that my next post is about 2/3 finished... and it's pretty long. And it includes Aaryanna's character (but not Darren's - I don't know whether he wants Liana to be included or not).

So maybe Aaryanna you can post when mine is up. I only mention this now because it's fairly long and I'd hate to have to wind it back haha.[/font][/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry about that. I just really busy with a couple of my papers since they were due last week, go ahead and post and I'll figure something out with Liana.

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]So it would seem that poor Leonhart had a heart attack. He's very much alive, just not doing so well.

Of course, the expedition is still set to depart that night. Since Leonhart isn't going it looks like Bavaria might take upon herself to sit in on this adventure. Oh dear.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Yeah No.

I can safely say that Macey will not be a team player and most likely sabotage, set on fire, and ruin everything that Bavaria tries to touch.

In short, "Bavaria can kiss my ass and bloody like it."

Plus you seem to have a plethora of random personal pronouns in strange places.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"]You know I'm going to disagree with you Raiha. :D[quote name='Shy][size=1']Of course, the expedition is still set to depart that night. Since Leonhart isn't going it looks like Bavaria might take upon herself to sit in on this adventure. Oh dear.[/size][/quote]I say yes. With Leonhart having a heart attack it would make sense that she would show up and try to control the trip. I mean you did indicate that she had a falling out with Leonhart and she [I]would[/I] put something like the trip over staying by his side. I get the feeling she'd do that even if they were getting along.

I say have her either show up last second so the others can't protest in time or be onboard and the others don't realize it until after they've already departed. Harrison doesn't like her either though he'd just avoid her as much as possible instead of pulling childish stunts like torching things. =P

[B]EDIT:[/B] And I have posted so have fun with it kids. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Okay so, my post is up... apologies in advance for the length of it. >_>;

I can probably trim it down a bit, but there was a fair amount I wanted to include here... and I felt some lead up was necessary to the major part at the end.

If there are any issues with the details please let me know and I'll be happy to do edits.[/font]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"]Hahahahaha! If Victoria had a puppy, she'd be hiding it from Edith right about now. XD I think that woman's gonna have her wanting to hide behind Gustave while they're in her house. After all, I get the feeling that if Victoria brushes up against something or looks to closely at something... Edith is gonna pounce. =P[/FONT][/COLOR]

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!!! I suck at life.
Been so busy with school and all.
But for realz, expect a post tonight!

EDIT:

...And fail!
(I'm working on the post right now though. Hopefully by tonight!)

[quote name='Darren']I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!!! I suck at life.
Been so busy with school and all.
But for realz, expect a post tonight![/QUOTE]

Same here. Someone get in contact with me as the backstage has revealed that Bavaria's probably gonna be on an expedition with those bratty Almagest children, then again, don't contact with me, but please players, don't make her out to be the bitch I know you all wish she was.