OtakuBoards

The Almagest Expedition: Backstage

Shy

[SIZE=1]I've posted my character - I seem really eager but I created my character a week or so ago and couldn't wait to make the post. I hope my character's ok, please let me know if there's anything I can change - I added a few things in that we talked about the other day, Shy, but if I've gone too far then please tell me.

Looking forward to it greatly.
[/SIZE]

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[font=franklin gothic medium]We do already have a name for Olivier's father, although I can't access that just now. Shy may have it in the pm I sent him. There is a bit of info about him, related to Reuben Almagest.

Other than that, everything looks great. I really like the way you've tied your character in, Mr. Blonde. Very clever!

Also a footnote for anyone interested, citizens of Al-Ahmar are known as "Ahmaris". That was in the original RPG but nobody could have known really. That will probably go in a Chronicle somewhere.

I am going to continue my image hunt tonight. Hope I can find the right stuff!

Edit: Okay, found it.

Laurent Achard is Olivier's father and founder of Achard & Co. He is also a Mine War veteran and is allegedly responsible for killing Reuben Almagest in that war (thus the tension between the families until Olivier and Leonhart became friends).

Laurent's wife is Marianne-Odette Achard.

That is pretty much it, except for Gustave's mother (Collette). I have even left room for someone to create his father, so most of the family tree has yet to be written. [/font]

[size=1]Everything looks great so far guys. I haven't had the chance to read most of the sign-ups so far, but I'm really pleased with the response! I can't wait to get this started.

-Shy[/size] :whoops:

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I signed up yesterday. I never really got around to reading the original, so there may be some minor inconsistencies with my character's background. I hope not, but let me know if anyone spots anything.[/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]I imagine that some of the sign-ups have inconsistencies, and based on who we include they may have to make some minor alterations in order to straighten up the timeline.

My biggest concern with your sign-up Ace is that your character is a 17 year-old slacker who is studying at Eshe Rehema. As a medical school it is just as, if not more exclusive than CHAOS. Also, it's more like a university. Students go on from CHAOS to Eshe Rehema, it's not one or the other. Your character would be too young really.

Just a minor tweak here or there would probably fix things. I'll likely contact all of the players who have signed up about what (if anything) might need to be changed about their character.

-Shy[/size]

[SIZE=1]After a quick discussion, Omega and I have decided to make our characters brothers instead of cousins. It seems with so many branches of the Achard family being created, it would be simpler to do it this way and not have a load of NPCs as various family members.

So now Benoit Achard married Elise Achard-Chevalier, and had at least two children, Remy and Christophe. I allowed room for anyone to create another sibling if they wanted to as well.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]I hope there is no inconsistency to my characters connection to the Achard family tree. I didn't connect him directly to Oliver's Family tree but to his deceits wife. I hope that does not ruin any sort of plot. Also I have found out that the first three male Achards have curly hair with tanned skin, weird coincidence. I just thought that be a funny fact to point out. Unexpected genetics, I presume.

I could attach my character to Omega and DeLarge as we are all genetically similar. Please tell me if you find it better to do so or easier to straighten out the family tree. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Good stuff, Fabricate. For your info, Evangeline's maiden name was Delacroix. But again you couldn't have known this because we didn't publish that info anywhere - sorry about that.

Luckily it's a minor detail though! It's so cool to see new writers joining in on this. You guys have clearly paid a lot of attention to the sign up and such.[/font]

[size=1]Fabricate. Yeah, I wouldn't worry about changing your character's relationship to the Achard family yet. We don't know how many people are going to sign-up, so I'm not going to be asking for any changes until that becomes more clear.

The more the merrier, though. Everyone is welcome!

-Shy[/size]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Yeah, wow, I haven't seen anything like this for a while - we even have quite a few New Members signing up with really fantastic characters. This is great.

It's nice to see some new faces coming into OB RPGs already this year. And with so many great sign-ups, I think we're already getting off to a great start. :catgirl:[/font]

[quote name='Malkav']Two sky captains named Jonathan? I smell a sitcom![/QUOTE][size=1]Well, your character is nicknamed Jack, Maybe there's a story there...

Maybe 'Jack' lost his name in a bet?

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][SIZE=1]Well, your character is nicknamed Jack, Maybe there's a story there...

Maybe 'Jack' lost his name in a bet?

-Shy[/SIZE][/quote]

No dude, my guy totally just set his name aside for later. His family calls him Jonathan anyways, lol. We should totally do fisticuffs for it.

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1]And we're off! I'd like to do some introductory posts, and then I'll handle the wedding ceremony itself. If anyone has any questions let me know.

Sadly not all of the 21 people who signed-up will make it in, but I'm more than willing to work with people on improving their character and including them somewhere down the line. They should feel free to contact me about that, as there is plenty of room for new characters as the story progresses.

ALSO: We have a complete family tree listed on the first post in this very thread. Hopefully it makes sense to everyone. Chronicles should be up over the weekend.

Here we go again!

-Shy[/size]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I'm just making changes to my character images right now - I have already altered Edith and I'm fixing Gustave as well. I wasn't terribly happy with the initial images I used.

So I'm also updating those links in the threads, to make it nice and easy.

I can't think of much else other than that. I would like to put up the Chronicle about Anova soon, which will include the Le Monde stuff too. All that info is in the old Backstage, but I will reformat it all into the new design.

So good to see this finally up, by the way! I can't wait to start reading everyone's posts. ^_^[/font]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='James][font=franklin gothic medium']I'm just making changes to my character images right now - I have already altered Edith and I'm fixing Gustave as well. [/font][/quote][I][SIZE="1"]*giggles at Edith's new picture* [/SIZE][/I]

Edith has become Cruella de Vil! Quick! Hide all of the puppies! XD

So are we not using avatars for Beatriste and any other previous characters? Well other than Leonhart, obvious. =P Anyway, it has begun!

[I][SIZE="1"]*giggles at Edith's picture some more XD*[/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"][I][SIZE="1"]So are we not using avatars for Beatriste and any other previous characters? Well other than Leonhart, obvious. =P[/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]Not right away, at least. As the story progresses we might end up using certain characters a lot, but for right now I wanted to include as few avatars as possible. We can always go back and edit things as needed.

-Shy[/size]