OtakuBoards

The Almagest Expedition: Backstage

Shy

[quote name='Darren']I'm guessing the image that James used for his post (other than Gustave) was supposed to be Oliver??? Unfortunately, I can't see the image. All the rest of them show up but that one.[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Yeah that was Olivier. I'm not sure why it isn't showing up for you, because it seems to be loading on my computer. Hrm...

Do you see it in the stack of avatars at the start of this thread and the main thread?

It's tough to pick up these characters again after so long... especially after a three year gap. I decided to change my Gustave avatar because I wanted something that showed him to be a little less... well, out there. Haha. He's just a little more serious now, as he approaches thirty.

He still likes giving presents though, as evidenced by the little wooden chimaera for Victoria Ann. :catgirl:[/font]

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]Great posts so far! I'm really eager to see what everyone comes up with as we progress.

[strike]Just a heads up to [b]Hinata[/b], we were forced to change Natalia Lockmere's parents from her sign-up in order to better align her with the Achard family tree. Her mother is actually [i]Collette Achard[/i]. I can change her father's last name to 'Lockmere' now though. The whole family tree can be viewed on the first page of this thread.

Not a huge deal, but if I don't get these details right now it's going to give me a headache later on.[/strike]

-Shy[/size]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Ah, so Natalia is Gustave's sister? That'll be a bit weird, given that Collette seems not to be happy with Natalia's lifestyle (perhaps Collette can be a bit uptight... but that does admittedly make her nothing like Olivier).

And I suppose it'd make sense for Collette to attend with Natalia and not with Gustave... I dunno. Somehow it seems a bit awkward.

I'm sure we'll work it out though. I might have to talk to Hinata about how Collette fits in as we go, so that I know how that'll affect her relationship with Gustave.

Also, given that Gustave is a famous chimaera jockey and given that chimaera racing is a bit like horse racing (often associated with the aristocracy), you'd think Collette wouldn't have such disdain for the creatures. If anything, having someone working with champion chimaera would be a mark of honor.

Having said that, it may have more to do with Hinata's perception of what chimaera are versus it being to do with them being Achards.

Wow, that all sounded horribly anal, but hey... I figure better to mention it now than later!

Family trees are a headache![/font]

[size=1]We can change it so Natalia and Gustave are not brother and sister. I'll edit the tree right now so that nobody has to change their posts.

I'm very diplomatic like that. :catgirl:

-Shy[/size]

[FONT="Arial"]Well I got my first one up. Since I am new at this, let me know if anything was a bit off. I tried to play Bella based on the sign up, so hopefully I got that right.

Anyway, so far it looks like it's going to be fun. [/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Well, as far as everyone on the Archard side of the family universally hating Macey Ellen, I can safely say that everyone's loathing for her is a bit annoying considering that if it were their sister's wedding, they'd want everything to be perfect.

But I'm sure it's just me.

Oh yes, and to Nathan: Vincent and Macey's marriage wasn't originally because they loved each other but to forge a business merger/political alliance between the two families. So in essence, neither had very much choice in the matter.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]We can change it so Natalia and Gustave are not brother and sister. I'll edit the tree right now so that nobody has to change their posts.

I'm very diplomatic like that. :catgirl:

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Blue"]Thanks for that Shy!:animesmil You're great...

I saw the family tree but didn't think to ask about it since nothing was mentioned in the Auditions thread, but again thanks for no changes, but if in the near future something does not align correctly let me know. And I will make the necessary changes so that we can make things as smooth as need be. Besides I'm happy to not have messed up Collette's history, but to let you know yeah, Maria is a little uptight and anal about where a woman's place should be in the family, especially that of her oldest daughter. Maria secretly hopes to marry Natalia to some rich business man, I think. Not too much development into reasonings just yet. HEHE we will have to see.

[/COLOR]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Well, as far as everyone on the Archard side of the family universally hating Macey Ellen, I can safely say that everyone's loathing for her is a bit annoying considering that if it were their sister's wedding, they'd want everything to be perfect.

But I'm sure it's just me.

[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Really, it's just you. Hate and loathing are very strong words.

All I've seen so far really is a reference to Macey by Gustave, which half-jokingly wondered if there'd be an argument between her and Belmonda (largely because Belmonda has such strong views and Macey is strong-willed enough not to back down from a debate).

I wouldn't exaggerate that and interpret it as "hate", by any stretch.

Plus, Macey [i]did[/i] get quite upset about the flowers, according to your own post. So she's obviously pretty strong-willed. I think all of that has been reflected pretty accurately.

I doubt any Almagests outright hate or loathe her.[/font]

[FONT="Arial"][QUOTE=Raiha][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Well, as far as everyone on the Archard side of the family universally hating Macey Ellen, I can safely say that everyone's loathing for her is a bit annoying considering that if it were their sister's wedding, they'd want everything to be perfect.

But I'm sure it's just me.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Since I get the feeling this post is directed at me... It is just you, I'm only speaking for my own character and the notes in the sign up for Frederic's sister on how she was critical of the Almagest's. Plus, I never said he disliked [I]all[/I] of them. =P [quote name='Raiha][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Oh yes, and to Nathan: Vincent and Macey's marriage wasn't originally because they loved each other but to forge a business merger/political alliance between the two families. So in essence, neither had very much choice in the matter.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]Well there are two problems with that. One, my understanding was that I didn't need to be intimately acquainted with the first rp and two, I did actually read the first couple of pages and saw for myself that business arrangement or not, the two did have feelings for one another.

And three, he is entitled to think she's too forward and critical of things that don't really matter. He doesn't hate her, he just doesn't like her. I do find it ironic that Macey's sister was equally critical of Vincent in the first one after the divorce. [/FONT]

[size=1]Just to clarify: Belmonda [i]does[/i] hate Macey Ellen.

And I think we elaborated in the first story that Vincent and Macey Ellen's marriage was not a complete sham. Vincent was quite fond of her in some regards, but he'd certainly never tell his family exactly why the two never clicked.

Rumors are terrible things.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]So Darren's character has never been to a weeding before? Sweet![/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Well yes. I thought it was only appropriate for at least one guest to be completely naive of the Almagests and the impending DOOM. (For lack of a better word. Besides, I'm sure that's not too far off from what will actually happen)

Great! Now I feel stupid. :animesmil

Uhh, I think there's still quite a few who haven't posted. Are the Church of Phoenix people going to be on the Alaina? I know Rachmaninoff's and SunfallE's are, but what about A_M's?

Just wondering.

[quote name='Darren']Uhh, I think there's still quite a few who haven't posted. Are the Church of Phoenix people going to be on the Alaina? I know Rachmaninoff's and SunfallE's are, but what about A_M's?

Just wondering.[/QUOTE][size=1]Davos Frost will not be attending the ceremonies, nor will Jack Deacon. The other members of the Church will be present, as will Felix Achard of the Citadel Guard.

-Shy[/size]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I assume that the actual ceremony won't be posted in any detail? I was thinking about that and realized it could possibly be too boring to actually post.

So I'm guessing that once we've all posted a couple of times before/after the ceremony, we will possibly move on from there?[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]I assume that the actual ceremony won't be posted in any detail?[/font][/QUOTE][size=1]Sunfall's character will be performing the actual ceremony, although once the wedding begins I suspect we'll skip ahead to that evening's festivities. Whether Sunfall wants to come up with a ceremony, or merely allude to them is up to her. I have another post with Fonty I need to do, and then I'm willing to move onto the reception.

Until then, mingle!

[b]Gavin:[/b] I would suggest Dawlish make a late entrance following the ceremony. :smirk:

-Shy[/size]

Davos Frost, as Shy already said, will not be there. She would have no reason to attend. If she were performing the ceremony, the couple would be expected to hold the wedding at the citadel.

I agreed to play as Davos Frost since she does not require as much posting as other characters would. I'll still drop stuff in from time to time though and I'm certainly keeping up with what's been posted so far.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Shy][size=1']Sunfall's character will be performing the actual ceremony, although once the wedding begins I suspect we'll skip ahead to that evening's festivities. Whether Sunfall wants to come up with a ceremony, or merely allude to them is up to her. I have another post with Fonty I need to do, and then I'm willing to move onto the reception.[/size][/quote]If anything I would most likely just allude to one instead of coming up with one. I may or may not mingle before the ceremony. o_O I've been loaded down with a lot of work at theO lately. I'm almost caught up though and if things go well, I should have time for a post tomorrow. If I wasn't so tired, I would have done one tonight. But I am and posts just don't work very well when I'm tired. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1][b]Gavin:[/b] I would suggest Dawlish make a late entrance following the ceremony. :smirk:[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Heh understood, I suppose I can't go ruining the wedding for them. :animesmil[/SIZE]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Okay, I finally got a post in. I did not indicate a ceremony so you're free to go straight to the reception or someone is welcome to talk to Elaine since she will be heading to where the ceremony will be held of course. =P

I thought about having a conversation with someone in my post, but then decided on getting into what she thinks and a tiny bit of what she does instead. That and the other attempt at a post was not working where that one flowed rather well. o_O[/FONT][/COLOR]