OtakuBoards

FMA forum blurb suggestions

Dagger

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]
Also I want to look at putting little blurbs or quotes for the franchise-specific forum descriptions (rather than the boring old "Discuss FMA here!" type stuff).[/font][/QUOTE]

Any ideas? C'mon, I know you guys are clever. [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=23060"][u]Magus[/u][/url] has proposed including something to do with tiny mini-skirts. :devil:

~Dagger~

[COLOR=#503f86]"It's not Ishbal, but we stir up a good war anyway!"

"You don't have to know the secret of the Philosopher's Stone to post here, but it helps!"

"Practice ForuMetal Alchemy."

"This forum cannot gain anything without first giving something in return."

"We searched for it... and we found it."

"Can I eat him?"[/COLOR]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]"Vic Mignogna. Now we wait for the fangirls."

"This message is the only thing tethering this forum to the internet."

"Clapping: it turns on lights, brings fairies back to life and even fixes household appliances!"

"Heil Fuhrer Des."

"All female posters are required to wear tiny miniskirts."

"Dangerous criminals are your friends."[/FONT]

Argh, too many good ones. Since people are already advocating it, I'm going to go with Ace's version of the miniskirts one for starters (unless there are any strong objections). We could also run a poll. Of course, with all these great ideas--and no doubt more will occur to us once the new series begins running--it might be fun to change the blurb every month or two.

And now for an exceedingly trivial question. Which of these two do you prefer?

"Miniskirts"
"Mini-skirts"

Speak now or [strike]forever[/strike] hold your peace.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE]"All female posters are required to wear tiny miniskirts."[/QUOTE]

So, we'll be using this for now? Cool. I think one word is ok... XD

Hey, not only do they need to be mini, they also have to be tiny... All hail Fuhrer! XD

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]So... does this mean you're wearing one right now? :animeblus[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]But Des!!! She's not a loli!!!! AND WHAT ABOUT MICHI????????????????????????????????????????????????????

*shot repeatedly*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][CENTER][IMG]http://zeitgeistglee.250free.com/Mustang.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

*Crisp salute*

Also perhaps we should introduce some sort of [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ColonelBadass]Badass[/url] [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EyepatchOfPower]Eyepatch[/url] requirements for male members ?[/SIZE]

@Gavin: Badass eyepatches FTW.

[quote name='Shinmaru']Des is [i]far[/i] from undercover, haha.[/QUOTE]
Damn, this is what I wanted to say. :animesmil

We've resolved the blurb question for the time being, but I wanted to ask something else (it's kind of early to bring this up, but whatever). Have a fairly high percentage of people here been keeping up with the manga? And if so, do you think it would be worthwhile to have a minimum of two discussion threads when the series starts airing?

Which is to say, one would follow typical common sense when it comes to spoilers (be courteous, don't talk about stuff that hasn't happened yet, tag gigantic twists), and one would be a no-holds-barred, all-spoilers-go thread for people who are already familiar with the story via the manga.

There are a lot of other ways to do something similar--such as a catch-all spoiler/speculation thread where it's okay to bring up stuff from the manga that hasn't come up in the anime yet, and then new threads for each episode which follow the normal spoiler-tag policy. Obviously you guys should feel free to start whatever threads you feel like, but it's something to think about.

~Dagger~