Dagger Posted February 21, 2009 Posted February 21, 2009 [quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium] Also I want to look at putting little blurbs or quotes for the franchise-specific forum descriptions (rather than the boring old "Discuss FMA here!" type stuff).[/font][/QUOTE] Any ideas? C'mon, I know you guys are clever. [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=23060"][u]Magus[/u][/url] has proposed including something to do with tiny mini-skirts. :devil: ~Dagger~
Magus Posted February 21, 2009 Posted February 21, 2009 Oh man, why do I feel like that suggestion is going to come back and haunt me? The devilish smiley don't make it any better either hehe.
TheShinje Posted February 21, 2009 Posted February 21, 2009 How about this? FMA: All your base are belong to us, yours are our mini-skirts and discussion of FMA timely. Nuts are go make your post!
Desbreko Posted February 21, 2009 Posted February 21, 2009 [color=#4B0082]"Even shorties are welcome." ?[/color]
Ellerby Posted February 23, 2009 Posted February 23, 2009 [FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]How about "An Equivalent Exchange of Posts." lol[/COLOR][/FONT]
Solo Tremaine Posted February 23, 2009 Posted February 23, 2009 [COLOR=#503f86]"It's not Ishbal, but we stir up a good war anyway!" "You don't have to know the secret of the Philosopher's Stone to post here, but it helps!" "Practice ForuMetal Alchemy." "This forum cannot gain anything without first giving something in return." "We searched for it... and we found it." "Can I eat him?"[/COLOR]
James Posted February 23, 2009 Posted February 23, 2009 [font=franklin gothic medium]Dagger, I think you may have to decide this one. Too many great suggestions for me to choose a single one, haha. Plus you know FMA, which helps. :catgirl:[/font]
The Spectacular Professor Posted February 23, 2009 Posted February 23, 2009 [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]"Vic Mignogna. Now we wait for the fangirls." "This message is the only thing tethering this forum to the internet." "Clapping: it turns on lights, brings fairies back to life and even fixes household appliances!" "Heil Fuhrer Des." "All female posters are required to wear tiny miniskirts." "Dangerous criminals are your friends."[/FONT]
chibi-master Posted February 24, 2009 Posted February 24, 2009 [quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]"Dangerous criminals are your friends."[/FONT][/QUOTE] GWAHAHA!!! I like this one! XD And no, I have no blurbs to contribute, for I suck quite badly at this kind of thing.:animeswea
Ikillion Posted February 24, 2009 Posted February 24, 2009 [FONT="Trebuchet MS"][COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"]"The other side of the gate has nothing on this." I also give full support for the tiny mini-skirts plan. Best. Idea. Ever.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
jomz Posted February 24, 2009 Posted February 24, 2009 I give my support to the mini-skirts plan, too... heh, Fuhrer Des. XD Anyway... "We got your philosopher stone right here - no height requirements needed."
Dagger Posted February 24, 2009 Author Posted February 24, 2009 Argh, too many good ones. Since people are already advocating it, I'm going to go with Ace's version of the miniskirts one for starters (unless there are any strong objections). We could also run a poll. Of course, with all these great ideas--and no doubt more will occur to us once the new series begins running--it might be fun to change the blurb every month or two. And now for an exceedingly trivial question. Which of these two do you prefer? "Miniskirts" "Mini-skirts" Speak now or [strike]forever[/strike] hold your peace. ~Dagger~
Shinmaru Posted February 24, 2009 Posted February 24, 2009 It looks funnier as one word. That gets my vote. (Do you know how happy I am to voice my opinion on something like this? I am weird.)
jomz Posted February 25, 2009 Posted February 25, 2009 [QUOTE]"All female posters are required to wear tiny miniskirts."[/QUOTE] So, we'll be using this for now? Cool. I think one word is ok... XD Hey, not only do they need to be mini, they also have to be tiny... All hail Fuhrer! XD
chibi-master Posted February 25, 2009 Posted February 25, 2009 [quote name='Dagger']"Miniskirts"[/QUOTE] This one!:animesmil (Okay, seriously, guys! We NEED to change this character thing back to 10!:animeangr)
Dagger Posted February 26, 2009 Author Posted February 26, 2009 Edit made. I'm not gonna lie; I giggle a little every time I look at it. ~Dagger~
Magus Posted February 26, 2009 Posted February 26, 2009 Haha, y'all actually went with it. (Then again, this is the OB afterall.)
Desbreko Posted February 26, 2009 Posted February 26, 2009 [quote name='Dagger']Edit made. I'm not gonna lie; I giggle a little every time I look at it. ~Dagger~[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]So... does this mean you're wearing one right now? :animeblus[/color]
Magus Posted February 26, 2009 Posted February 26, 2009 [quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]So... does this mean you're wearing one right now? :animeblus[/color][/QUOTE] LOL. Almost made me choke on my tea. Undercover perv?
Sangome Posted February 26, 2009 Posted February 26, 2009 [quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]So... does this mean you're wearing one right now? :animeblus[/color][/QUOTE] [SIZE="1"]But Des!!! She's not a loli!!!! AND WHAT ABOUT MICHI???????????????????????????????????????????????????? *shot repeatedly*[/SIZE]
Ikillion Posted February 26, 2009 Posted February 26, 2009 [quote name='Sangome'][SIZE="1"]But Des!!! She's not a loli!!!![/SIZE][/QUOTE] [COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]...But doesn't that make it even better?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Gavin Posted February 27, 2009 Posted February 27, 2009 [SIZE="1"][CENTER][IMG]http://zeitgeistglee.250free.com/Mustang.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] *Crisp salute* Also perhaps we should introduce some sort of [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ColonelBadass]Badass[/url] [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EyepatchOfPower]Eyepatch[/url] requirements for male members ?[/SIZE]
Dagger Posted February 27, 2009 Author Posted February 27, 2009 @Gavin: Badass eyepatches FTW. [quote name='Shinmaru']Des is [i]far[/i] from undercover, haha.[/QUOTE] Damn, this is what I wanted to say. :animesmil We've resolved the blurb question for the time being, but I wanted to ask something else (it's kind of early to bring this up, but whatever). Have a fairly high percentage of people here been keeping up with the manga? And if so, do you think it would be worthwhile to have a minimum of two discussion threads when the series starts airing? Which is to say, one would follow typical common sense when it comes to spoilers (be courteous, don't talk about stuff that hasn't happened yet, tag gigantic twists), and one would be a no-holds-barred, all-spoilers-go thread for people who are already familiar with the story via the manga. There are a lot of other ways to do something similar--such as a catch-all spoiler/speculation thread where it's okay to bring up stuff from the manga that hasn't come up in the anime yet, and then new threads for each episode which follow the normal spoiler-tag policy. Obviously you guys should feel free to start whatever threads you feel like, but it's something to think about. ~Dagger~
chibi-master Posted March 1, 2009 Posted March 1, 2009 [quote name='Sangome'][SIZE="1"]But Des!!! She's not a loli!!!![/SIZE][/QUOTE] In that case, I'm happy I'm not a loli! No miniskirt for meee!!!:catgirl: Hey, where is the blurb?:confused:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now