OtakuBoards

Would you rather ...?

Neptune

[FONT="Garamond"]My roommate and I have been going back and and forth with these silly questions, and the answers we come up with are usually entertaining enough for a good conversation. So, without further anticipation, here are some "Would you rather..?" questions.

1. Would you rather be a dragon or Superman?

2. Would you rather have no arms or no legs?

3. Would you rather never be able to listen to music again, or would you rather never have sex again?

These are just a few of the questions we came up with. I'd love to answer right now, but I'd rather get some unbiased answers to start with. In my opinion, only one of the questions has a definitive answer, or, rather, only one answer seems the most logical. Obviously, a little explanation of your answer would be appreciated. Enjoy![/FONT]

[quote name='Neptune']
[FONT=Garamond]1. Would you rather be a dragon or Superman?[/FONT]

[FONT=Garamond]2. Would you rather have no arms or no legs?[/FONT]

[FONT=Garamond]3. Would you rather never be able to listen to music again, or would you rather never have sex again?[/FONT]

[/quote]

Well when I started reading your post, before I got to the questions, I thought back to those drinking nights when somebody ALWAYS asks at least one of these types of questions.

Well I'll go ahead and do all three and give my resons.

1. Though like most people I've went through my "dragons are so cool, I'd love to be one" phase, but in this instance I'd have to go with superman. Sure as a dragon you can live for thousands of years, but as superman you can fit in to society and live like a human for your lifespan. Plus I'd love to be a real hero like that....

2. This one is new, but it's pretty easy. No legs, with all the advances in prosthetics wheelchairs are steadily growing obselete. Even if I couldn't afford prosthetics, at least you can get around in a wheelchair. No arms, I would think, would be sort've difficult. Though I know that people do live like that, special cars and the like, my vote is lose the legs.

3. WOW, I actually had a tough time with this one. Music is a big part of my life, plus I love more then just listening to it. I'm assuming that playing music would fall under this category since it's hard to play and not listen. I would have to say though I'd rather lose the music then sex. Call me shallow, call me typical, call me whatever you will but sex is all too much part of life. Sure some of us spend too much time worrying about it, but hey....that's all I got.

[QUOTE]

3. Would you rather never be able to listen to music again, or would you rather never have sex again?[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Purple"]1: I would be a dragon because I can squish people and burn them up whenever I want. Superman is cool but he lives a double-life.

2: This is hard......I guess no legs. As said before you always have wheelchairs prosthetics (spelling?) and no arms would be kind of.........weird. Like in Silent Hill, that thingy with no arms was super duper scary.

3: I would never have sex again because music basically rocks and it's virtually impossible for me to go through a day without music and I'll go crazy without it. I swear, it seems like I dissapear when I listen to music.....but then again I've never had sex.-_- [/COLOR]

[quote name='Neptune'][FONT="Garamond"]

3. Would you rather never be able to listen to music again, or would you rather never have sex again?
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Oh wow, well I thought this was going to be a game. Yep I'm bored in that hour and a half before work. I need something to keep me from going to Macy*s and buying the Coach sneakers I want so bad! ;)

Okay so here are my answers:

1.) I'd want to be a dragon. But only if I could also appear human at times. I read [B]Dragon's Bait[/B] by [B]Vivian Vande Veld[/B] a while back and was taken in by the character (who I can't remember the name of) Who transformed from a human to a dragon. Okay it'd be a pain to find clothes every once in a while, and there are some crazy restrictions about the transformation. But it'd be better than being Superman since Lex Luthor is always trying to kill him. Only knights want to try and kill dragons and you can just blow fire at them.

2.) I'd rather have no legs because as everyone has states to far there are prothstetics that look like real legs. Plus no one is ever horrid to you when you're handicapped they feel over obligated to be nice to you.

3.) Damn you're some kind of evil here No sex or no music. As much as I'd miss it I'd have to go with no music because as much as I think I admire those people in sexless marriages I don't want to be in one and neither does my boyfriend. Oh man that would just be unbearable. No sex, God I may as well become a nun!

[/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='Neptune']1. Would you rather be a dragon or Superman?

3. Would you rather never be able to listen to music again, or would you rather never have sex again?[/QUOTE]
[color=#9933cc]1. Both of those are very, very negative concepts in Nietzsche's philosophy ([i]Thus Spoke Zarathustra[/i]). If I believed in Nietzsche's doctrine, I'd choose "The act of becoming a Superman." ;) But since I don't, I still choose neither. Neither of those options are really appealing to me.

2. No legs. Arms, with your fingers on them, are really darned important. And I couldn't play the piano without my fingers and arms. ;__;

3. If it's one vs. the other, then never have sex (not that I have, so really, I'm not sure what I'm missing out on). Music is waaaaaaaay too important to me to ever even consider giving it up. If I ever went deaf, I would probably kill myself. I really don't know how Beethoven lived that way. That is just torture to me.[/color]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]
1. Would you rather be a dragon or Superman? Dragon. Chinese dragon. Immortal, no weakness to Kryptonite, drinks arsenic, and lives in the clouds. And can have sex.

2. Would you rather have no arms or no legs? No legs. I need my hands to have sex more than my legs shockingly. This is only because I'm a girl though.

3. Would you rather never be able to listen to music again, or would you rather never have sex again? I'm giving up the music. I need to have sex. I'll make up for it with spoken word.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Drizzt Do'urden']Sure as a dragon you can live for thousands of years, but as superman you can fit in to society and live like a human for your lifespan.
[/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Superman has been frequently portrayed as ageless himself, thanks to the solar radiation.[/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][COLOR=deeppink]Superman has been frequently portrayed as ageless himself, thanks to the solar radiation.[/COLOR][/quote]

Oh...well scratch that on my first post. There is now NO reason for me to consider dragon for now I can be the eternal superman!!! :alcohol:....well that's more hancock but ehh still beats a dragon

[SIZE="1"]Why not.

[B]1. Would you rather be a dragon or Superman?[/B]
As with most people here I'm going to go with Superman due to the fact in addition to having an array of very awesome powers at his disposal, and the self-satisfaction he must derive from being a hero he can actually fit in with normal people and lead a relatively normal life, thereby having his cake and eating it.
[B]
2. Would you rather have no arms or no legs?[/B]
Legs hands down (very bad pun there, albeit unintentional), given humans are so dependent on their arms for so many more tasks than simple movement I'd give up my legs much more willingly.

[B]3. Would you rather never be able to listen to music again, or would you rather never have sex again?[/B]
I think this question is actually deeper than it seems because by not having sex ever again you're limiting your potential of ever becoming a parent to IVF methods which aren't always successful. To me the joy of being a father at some point in the future would far outweigh the loss of being able to listen to music ever again, so yeah I'm picking sex here but for deeper reasons.[/SIZE]

[B]1. Would you rather be a dragon or Superman?[/B]

This one is pretty easy, superpowers or not, I'd rather stay human than become a dragon. If my choice is Superman, then I'd be able to fly anyway and do a lot more than a dragon could.

[B]2. Would you rather have no arms or no legs?[/B]

This is pretty easy too. As much as having no legs would suck, having no arms would be worse. You can get by with no legs, but no arms would a thousand times worse.

[B]3. Would you rather never be able to listen to music again, or would you rather never have sex again?[/B]

Okay, this is the question that in my opinion is just downright evil. I'm a music major... How could I give up what I've spent most of my life working on? [I]*headdesk* [/I] If I had no choice at all... music would win. I can't imagine my life without it. I don't want to imagine my life without it. XP

[SIZE="1"][B]1. Would you rather be a dragon or Superman?[/B]
I'd rather be Goku, Superman sucks I've never liked him.

Thats really hard, I have important uses for both. I draw with my hand and I use my legs in Taekwondo, and both are really important to me. So I'll say..I'll take [I]your[/I] legs!

Interesting question, currently the not having sex part wouldn't bother me a bit because I'm too busy for relationships anyway so it wouldn't make much diffrence however I might want kids someday so I'm not so sure. I'll just go with no sex then. :p[/SIZE]

1. Superman because I have a hero complex. Though I don't like the bulging muscle look...

2. Legs. I can get working fakes. But I need my arms for the pleasures of drawing.

3. Never have sex. But that's because I'm a virgin. And "sex hurts, but childbirth is worse.".

[quote name='chibi-master']3. Never have sex. But that's because I'm a virgin. And "sex hurts, but childbirth is worse.".[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Got that right Chibi!

So, mind if I ask the next ones? Because the fun really is over once you post just once.

Would you rather:

[B][CENTER]1.) Live a long life, but start losing your memory and your ability to do things on your own or live a short life but live it independantly until your death?

2.) Have your acts of public drunkeness captured and broadcast on youtube or have your most intimate moments broadcast on Veoh?

3.) Find the most perfect guy/girl ever go on a few dates and find out that he/she is a cousin of yours or become the new Naked Cowboy of Bourbon Street?[/CENTER][/B]

Yes, I'm sorry I feel as though I'm hi-jacking a thread here. But I wanted to get some more discussion going on here.[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Neptune'][FONT="Garamond"]

[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="1"]1. Superman! He's cuter than dragons.

2. No legs, for sure. I love wheelchairs. Also, my arms have hands at the end of them (shocker, I know), & I use my hands to, like... type. & play the piano. Those things are important.

3. I'd rather never have sex. I never have before, but heaven knows there are many alternatives &... activities that are shy of sex that can be just as good. The way I figure it, I won't be missing on anything I've already done.
But anyway, my profession as a music teacher would be greatly endangered if I could no longer listen to music :P

For the next set:

1. I'd like a short life with my own thoughts please!

2. Drunkenness. I'm a hilarious drunk. I would love to see it on YouTube!

3. Naked Cowboy. Is that even a question? ;)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=green][size=1][b]1. Would you rather be a dragon or Superman?[/b]
I would rather be a dragon. Superman (or Supergirl...`cause I'm a chickadee) meet people different from them therefore, they can't have intercouse because they'll kill the person they're with. This is due to their super strength--something they can't control at different times. Plus, dragons are awesome! They have just about the same assets as Superman and Supergirl!

[b]2. Would you rather have no arms or no legs?[/b]
Ugh...this is hard. Em...I guess if I were to lose limbs right now, I would rather have no legs. I do a lot more with my arms...but this would make it hard to dance.

[b]3. Would you rather never be able to listen to music again, or would you rather never have sex again?[/b]
The latter--I will [i][b]never[/b], ever[/i] give up music. Ever. Plus, I'm a virgin so it wouldn't hurt to never be able to have sex. I don't mind dying as a virgin.

[b][u]Next Set:[/b][/u]

[b]1.) Live a long life but start losing your memory and your ability to do things on your own or live a short life but live it independantly until your death?[/b]
The latter. I don't want to live a life where it'd put immense pain on other people and myself. Plus, there's a lot you can do in a short life with lots of independence.

[b]2.) Have your acts of public drunkeness captured and broadcast on youtube or have your most intimate moments broadcast on Veoh?[/b]
Probably the first because you said "[i]most intimate[/i]" so I'm assuming that includes sex and anything of the like. I have done neither but if I had a choice, definitely the first.

[b]3.) Find the most perfect guy/girl ever go on a few dates and find out that he/she is a cousin of yours or become the new Naked Cowboy of Bourbon Street?[/b]
I've never heard of the second one but the second one sounds better so...yes, the second one.[/color][/size]

:D

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"][B]1. Would you rather be a dragon or Superman?[/B]
I don't really like either of these choices. As a dragon you would be hunted down and imprisoned for experiments or put on display in a zoo by other humans where as Superman just sucks because everyone in the world knows that your weakness is kryptonite. I'll go with Superman because at the very least I can fly to another planet and chill there.

Easy, no legs. The only thing I use them for is walking, driving and drumming and my arms are more essential to drumming than my legs. Actually now that I think about it I could probably still drum with prostethic legs.

Music trumps pleasure because music [i]is[/i] pleasure. I hear music way more than I have sex (which is... never) so it's an easy choice.

[B]4. Live a long life, but start losing your memory and your ability to do things on your own or live a short life but live it independantly until your death?[/B]
I'm going to say live a long life. I'd get more accomplished and it sounds to me like you're just describing old age, lol.

[B]5. Have your acts of public drunkeness captured and broadcast on youtube or have your most intimate moments broadcast on Veoh?[/B]
Public Drunkeness is everywhere and has been seen lots before so it would probably be more ignored than the rarer intimate moments which would probably make their way to YouTube from Veoh. xD

[B]6. Find the most perfect guy/girl ever go on a few dates and find out that he/she is a cousin of yours or become the new Naked Cowboy of Bourbon Street[/B]
I'd rather find the most perfect girl and find out she was my cousin than become a naked cowboy. It's a no-brainer, actually. A few dates gone bad or forever naked country singing? :/

I'm going to add [b]ONE[/b] question.

[SIZE="4"][b]7. Would you rather meet one OBer of your choice and get the chance to meet them once a year for the rest of your life or meet a different OBer once a year every year for the rest of your life?[/b][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"][B]1. Would you rather be a dragon or Superman?[/B]
Superman of course. Dragons are nifty, but I'm not interested in actually being one.

This is easy, no legs. It's much easier to get around without them than without one's arms.

The problem with this is I don't want to give up either one. I enjoy music and I do eventually want to be a father. I guess I'll have to settle for being deaf.

[B]4. Live a long life, but start losing your memory and your ability to do things on your own or live a short life but live it independantly until your death?[/B]
Old age here I come.

[B]5. Have your acts of public drunkeness captured and broadcast on youtube or have your most intimate moments broadcast on Veoh?[/B]
Intimate moments are not meant to be shared, so I guess I'll have to get drunk in public once.

[B]6. Find the most perfect guy/girl ever go on a few dates and find out that he/she is a cousin of yours or become the new Naked Cowboy of Bourbon Street[/B]
I'm already engaged to the perfect girl and she's not related in that manner. And no I will not become the new Naked Cowboy. No thanks.

[b]7. Would you rather meet one OBer of your choice and get the chance to meet them once a year for the rest of your life or meet a different OBer once a year every year for the rest of your life?[/b]
I'm marrying one, so I guess that means the same one for the rest of my life. :catgirl:[/FONT]

[B]7. Would you rather meet one OBer of your choice and get the chance to meet them once a year for the rest of your life or meet a different OBer once a year every year for the rest of your life?[/B]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="1"]I met one two summers ago & have seen him 4 times I believe.
I'd rather see him once a year because I suppose we've already developed a friendship sort of thing?
So yeah. That.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][b]1. Would you rather be a dragon or Superman?[/b]
Superman. Super-sex.

Legs because I use my arms too much... like punching people and raving.

[b]3. Would you rather never be able to listen to music again, or would you rather never have sex again?[/b]
No moosic.

[b]4. Live a long life, but start losing your memory and your ability to do things on your own or live a short life but live it independantly until your death?[/b]
Independent until I die cheers.

[b]5. Have your acts of public drunkeness captured and broadcast on youtube'd or have your most intimate moments broadcast on Veoh?[/b]
Drunkeness, easy one for me. It's already happened I think... though it's not youtube.

[b]6. Find the most perfect guy/girl ever go on a few dates and find out that he/she is a cousin of yours or become the new Naked Cowboy of Bourbon Street[/b]
What?

[b]7. Would you rather meet one OBer of your choice and get the chance to meet them once a year for the rest of your life or meet a different OBer once a year every year for the rest of your life?[/b]
Meet a new one each time so in case they don't like me/I don't like them I never have to see their face again.

Here's one:[/size]

[B]Would you rather eat 5 rotten cheese slices or lick a dirty toilet?[/b]

[quote name='Vicky'][size=1][b]1. Would you rather be a dragon or Superman?[/b]
Superman. Super-sex.[/size][/quote]

[color=deeppink][URL="http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20081202.gif"]http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20081202.gif [/URL]

EDIT: I feel I should also add that, depending on what kind of dragon you pick, you could easily fit into regular society. DnD dragons, for example, have polymorph self... and reluctant dragons are universally beloved![/color]

[B]1.) Live a long life, but start losing your memory and your ability to do things on your own or live a short life but live it independantly until your death?[/B]

[COLOR="Navy"]I would most certainly live a short life but live independently until my death. If I start losing my memory and my ability to do things on my own BUT live a long life, there's no joy or point in that. [/COLOR]

[B]2.) Have your acts of public drunkeness captured and broadcast on youtube or have your most intimate moments broadcast on Veoh?[/B]
[COLOR="navy"]Uh.......I've never been drunk before....I think. I guess I'd have my acts of public drunkeness broadcast on Youtube...[/COLOR]
[B]
3.) Find the most perfect guy/girl ever go on a few dates and find out that he/she is a cousin of yours or become the new Naked Cowboy of Bourbon Street?[/B]
[COLOR="navy"]I'd rather find the perfect guy and find out that he's a cousin of mine (because that has happened before). But then again.....what's the new Naked Cowboy of Bourbon Street[/COLOR]?
[B]
4.) Would you rather meet one OBer of your choice and get the chance to meet them once a year for the rest of your life or meet a different OBer once a year every year for the rest of your life?[/B]
[COLOR="navy"]I would rather meet a different OBer once a year every year for the rest of my life because I love meeting new people! [/COLOR]
[B]
5.) Would you rather eat 5 rotten cheese slices or lick a dirty toilet?[/B]

[COLOR="navy"]Both are insanely disgusting. I guess I'll lick a dirty toilet. It won't take that long and I'd probably puke once......whereas with 5 rotten cheese slices I'd most likely puke 5 times. [/COLOR]
I'm going to add a question here.......................

[B]Would you rather die quickly without having a chance to say goodbye to family and friends OR would you rather die a slow, painful death but having the chance to say goodbye to family and friends?[/B]

[quote name='taperson'][B]7. Would you rather meet one OBer of your choice and get the chance to meet them once a year for the rest of your life or meet a different OBer once a year every year for the rest of your life?[/B]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="1"]I met one two summers ago & have seen him 4 times I believe.
I'd rather see him once a year because I suppose we've already developed a friendship sort of thing?
So yeah. That.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][size=4][font=monotype corsiva]Hmm well I'd like to meet Morpheus even though he's not on here all the time. The rest of you all I have to get to re-know.

And by my question of living to be old but losing your memories and independance, I'm probably more or less speaking of Alzheimers and demensia. I work with people with those diseases (eerily enough most of them are college educated which is really supposed to help PREVENT memory loss so I thought) It's a horrid disease- okay diseases, they're horrid diseases.)

Oh and the naked cowboy isn't really naked (they have one in Manhattan as well) he wears underpants!

As for Vicky's question, eat the cheese slices no contest. Really you've no idea what you'll pick off licking a dirty toilet plus I'm highly allergic to pennicillian.

Okay I've a new one:

Would you rather Make out with your brother/ sister or be tongue kissed in the mouth by your dog?[/color][/size][/font]

[color=green][size=1][b]7. Would you rather meet one OBer of your choice and get the chance to meet them once a year for the rest of your life or meet a different OBer once a year every year for the rest of your life?[/b]
It depends how awesome that OBer was (for the first choice) and how awesome each OBer is for the second. I don't want to meet someone once and then sever all ties. I'm a social butterfly for a reason.

[b]8. Would you rather die quickly without having a chance to say goodbye to family and friends OR would you rather die a slow, painful death but having the chance to say goodbye to family and friends?[/b]
Um...I kind of want to die painlessly and be able to say goodbye...but I guess if I had to choose, the second would be preferable.

[b]9. Would you rather make out with your brother/sister or be tongue kissed in the mouth by your dog?[/b]
Second. I'd much rather have to be accidently licked by my dog than purposely licked by my siblings. That's just disgusting...for me, at least.[/color][/size]

:D

[QUOTE]Would you rather make out with your brother/sister or be tongue kissed in the mouth by your dog?[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Indigo"]I don't have a dog though! But to make out with my sister would be gross....
so I guess I'd have to choose the dog. Or a cat. I have a cat. :catgirl:[/COLOR]

[FONT="Garamond"][B]1.) Live a long life, but start losing your memory and your ability to do things on your own or live a short life but live it independently until your death?[/B]
I'd rather live a shorter life in this case. A longer life that wasn't as fulfilling just wouldn't be worth it in my opinion. Even if you want to be around longer for your family, you're most likely going to just make things harder for them.

[B]2.) Have your acts of public drunkenness captured and broadcast on Youtube or have your most intimate moments broadcast on Veoh?[/B]
I'd rather have my drunkenness all over Youtube, although both options aren't all that appealing. As far as I know, people know about Youtube way more than Veoh, making it less likely that I would ever be caught.

[B]3.) Find the most perfect guy/girl ever go on a few dates and find out that he/she is a cousin of yours or become the new Naked Cowboy of Bourbon Street?[/B]
It would be really weird to have a hardcore crush on one of your cousins, but I mean, it's not unheard of. I guess I'd rather accidentally date one of my cousins a few times rather than be the Naked Cowboy. Yeah, I know, I can't believe my answer either.

[B]4.) Would you rather meet one OBer of your choice and get the chance to meet them once a year for the rest of your life or meet a different OBer once a year every year for the rest of your life?[/B]
I would rather meet the same OBer once a year for the rest of my life, provided that I actually enjoy their company, ha. I'm a sucker for friendships, and if I were to meet different OBers every year and never see them again, I'd be upset. Rather just not know what I'm missing.

[B]5.) Would you rather eat 5 rotten cheese slices or lick a dirty toilet?[/B]
5 rotten cheese slices. Next question.

[B]6.) Would you rather die quickly without having a chance to say goodbye to family and friends OR would you rather die a slow, painful death but having the chance to say goodbye to family and friends?[/B]
I'd rather die a slow, painful death and get to say goodbye to my family members. That kind of closure is important for people about to lose someone important to them. Unfortunately, you usually don't get that chance.

[B]7.) Would you rather make out with your brother/ sister or be tongue kissed in the mouth by your dog?[/B]
Dog, hands down. It happens all the time already on accident, it wouldn't really be that gross. If anything, my dog would be cleaning my mouth.

[U]New Questions[/U]

[B]1. We're all mature here. Would you rather eat a cup of diarrhea or be put up to your neck in period blood for half an hour? Yeah, kind of gross, I know.
[/B]

[B]2. If you had to choose between being either deaf or blind, which would you choose?[/B][/FONT]