Gavin Posted November 2, 2009 Posted November 2, 2009 [quote name='Kenso']Granted, a metal-lined belt is a bit past the lines of discipline if you ask me, but I won't get into that here.[/quote] [SIZE=1]Agreed. As much as I advocate respect for parents (although I'm opposed to physical punishment entirely having experienced it first-hand) if I ever saw my father going to hit either of my siblings with a metal-lined belt I'd floor him without hesitation. That sort of thing goes well beyond the realm of "responsible parenting".[/SIZE]
Rachmaninoff Posted November 2, 2009 Posted November 2, 2009 [FONT="Trebuchet MS"]It's amazing the things you can get in trouble for these days: [URL="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33541983/ns/us_news-weird_news/"][U]McPrank: 4 teens cited for McDonald?s rap[/U][/URL] Makes me feel like my state has no sense of humor. XP[/FONT]
eleanor Posted November 2, 2009 Posted November 2, 2009 [quote name='Kenso']Granted, a metal-lined belt is a bit past the lines of discipline if you ask me, but I won't get into that here.[/QUOTE] [font=trebuchet ms] Yeah, that's sort of weird to me. I've only experienced wooden sicks/rulers.[/font] [quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]People who say [B]Lilo & Stitch[/B] was the last good Disney movie are making the tragic mistake of overlooking [B]Treasure Planet[/B]. Hot damn that's an excellent film.[/FONT][/QUOTE] [font=trebuchet ms] I secretly love [b]Treasure Planet[/b]. My self-piteous, angry 12-year-old self loved Jim very much. Very, very much.[/font]
pooperson Posted November 2, 2009 Posted November 2, 2009 [quote name='Rachmaninoff'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]It's amazing the things you can get in trouble for these days: [URL="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33541983/ns/us_news-weird_news/"][U]McPrank: 4 teens cited for McDonald?s rap[/U][/URL] Makes me feel like my state has no sense of humor. XP[/FONT][/QUOTE] [SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I wtf'd at this.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
pax et agape Posted November 3, 2009 Posted November 3, 2009 [quote name='chibi-master']And Lunox, yes, they hate homosexuality, and my dad is a bible-thumper. It sucks. As for the violence thing, there was quite a bit of hurt involving a metal-lined belt, but that was purely discipline, sooo...[/quote] Things like that tend to make me really ashamed of my fellow Christians. Seems like everytime I want to let everyone know that we are not all homophobic bigots somebody displays just the opposite. It is beyond frustrating. :animeangr Sorry, I'm ranting now. I hope things get better for you at home soon.
pooperson Posted November 3, 2009 Posted November 3, 2009 [SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Man. So I'm getting initiated in a few weeks to be a part of a music fraternity called Sigma Alpha Iota. I'm really excited for it & all, but man. I'm so busy. It's crazy.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Allamorph Posted November 3, 2009 Posted November 3, 2009 [FONT=Calibri]Malt'O'Meal does many cereals the right way. Honey Nut Cheerios was not one of them. :([/FONT]
Drizzt Do'urden Posted November 3, 2009 Posted November 3, 2009 [quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]Malt'O'Meal does many cereals the right way.[/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]Honey Nut Cheerios was not one of them.[/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]:([/FONT][/quote] Award for the most random thought of the week? On a side note I sort've like Honey Nut Cheerios
Gavin Posted November 3, 2009 Posted November 3, 2009 [SIZE=1]Wikipedia insinuated that some people eat Weetabix with Marmite...if I ever saw someone do that I don't think I could restrain the urge to kill them for such blasphemy.[/SIZE]
Magus Posted November 3, 2009 Posted November 3, 2009 [quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]Malt'O'Meal does many cereals the right way. Honey Nut Cheerios was not one of them. :([/FONT][/QUOTE] [color=navy][size=1]I actually like Honey Nut Cheerios, but I prefer Golden Grahams over them. Actually, I prefer many over them. I just don't think they're bad.[/size][/color]
Kastom Posted November 3, 2009 Posted November 3, 2009 Plain Cheerios are the greatest cereal ever. Honey Nut is just ruining them by adding extras to it. *laughs*
Allamorph Posted November 4, 2009 Posted November 4, 2009 [FONT=Calibri]Malt'O'Meal is not the brand that makes Honey Nut Cheerios. It's the brand whose claim to fame is that they channel the money they save on plastic bag packaging (instead of cardboard) and on not advertising into making breakfast cereal that tastes the exact same (and I do mean exact) as items marketed by Post and Kellogg's and such. But their HNC still tastes like Wal-Mart brand HNC. And now I have an entire bag of Cheerios I do not want to eat. Should have grabbed their Cocoa Pebbles instead. :( [CENTER]- - - - - - - - -[/CENTER] Facebook Says: "Your status update is too long. The maximum status length is 420 characters, but yours is 1325 characters long." I wrote three sentences. [SPOILER]At least it wasn't 1325 words.[/SPOILER][/FONT]
Nerdsy Posted November 4, 2009 Posted November 4, 2009 [color=deeppink]I'm stretching myself a bit too thin. Need to make sure the number of D&D sessions don't balloon out of control.[/color]
chibi-master Posted November 4, 2009 Posted November 4, 2009 I got new headphones yesterday! *SQUEE!* They are cheap and hot pink, but I don't care, because now I can listen to music again! Also, I plan on being on again later today for a "research assignment", so yays. My Latin class is awesome. While looking at a map of Pompeii, the teacher identified the "big theater" theater. It looked like a half-circle on top of a small, squat rectangle. I immediately shouted out, "IT'S A 'SHROOM!!!" I did not get in trouble. He laughed so much that his eyes were tearing up.:animesmil
Nerdsy Posted November 4, 2009 Posted November 4, 2009 [quote name='chibi-master']They are cheap and hot pink, [/QUOTE] [color=darkgreen]I'm so jealous.[/color]
Aiwass Posted November 4, 2009 Posted November 4, 2009 [color=green]I am an oldie but a goodie. I hath returned. It's interesting to be back. Life lately has been very intense, and a lot of bad things happened, one after the next, one thing after the other; but things are reaching a more even keel as of late. [/color] Om shanti/ om shakti. 93.
chibi-master Posted November 4, 2009 Posted November 4, 2009 [quote name='Nerdsy'][color=darkgreen]I'm so jealous.[/color][/QUOTE] .....Don't do that... It's creepy when you post in anything but pink. ALMOST as creepy as when Allamorph posts out of nowhere! *checks around for him* Today I did many things that constituted me as a "really nice person!", apparently. My Latin class spent the period talking about how the barber character in the book looks like he's about to murder someone.
Sara Posted November 4, 2009 Posted November 4, 2009 [quote name='chibi-master'].....Don't do that... It's creepy when you post in anything but pink. ALMOST as creepy as when Allamorph posts out of nowhere! *checks around for him*[/QUOTE][size=1]He was [i]green[/i] with envy. Get it? Get it?[/size]
CaNz Posted November 5, 2009 Posted November 5, 2009 I get it! is it wrong that I feel like stealing stuff is my second job? I admit I am a bit of a cleptomaniac, but I am pretty darn good at it by now. Developing pride about the ability to take from others leads me to think I probably crossed a line. originally I did it cuz i hate top romen and i would have been stuck eating only that if I lived withen my means... but now i have a job, and can pay for decentt food... but I still find it more apealing to save money by plundering my food. I just wonder... how bad is stealing anyway?
Sangome Posted November 5, 2009 Posted November 5, 2009 [FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]What if that's all those people could afford, too? Or if that's the most they're able to actually eat? What if they stole food from you? If you have the means and you resort to stealing, then you're just being cheap. :animesmil Buy your own freakin' food.[/SIZE][/FONT]
pooperson Posted November 5, 2009 Posted November 5, 2009 [quote name='CaNz']I get it! is it wrong that I feel like stealing stuff is my second job? I admit I am a bit of a cleptomaniac, but I am pretty darn good at it by now. Developing pride about the ability to take from others leads me to think I probably crossed a line. originally I did it cuz i hate top romen and i would have been stuck eating only that if I lived withen my means... but now i have a job, and can pay for decentt food... but I still find it more apealing to save money by plundering my food. I just wonder... how bad is stealing anyway?[/QUOTE] [SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I don't tend to have too much sympathy or respect for those who steal.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Allamorph Posted November 5, 2009 Posted November 5, 2009 [FONT=Calibri]I, on the other hand, find the statements entirely out of character and remain unconvinced of the poster's sincerity. aka That ain't usual for someone to just up and say.[/FONT]
Gavin Posted November 5, 2009 Posted November 5, 2009 [quote name='taperson'][SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]I don't tend to have too much sympathy or respect for those who steal.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote] [SIZE=1]This. If you can afford it, don't steal it. "Pride in your work" or any other excuse doesn't cut the mustard. [/SIZE]
Korey Posted November 5, 2009 Posted November 5, 2009 [quote name='CaNz']I get it! is it wrong that I feel like stealing stuff is my second job? I admit I am a bit of a cleptomaniac, but I am pretty darn good at it by now. Developing pride about the ability to take from others leads me to think I probably crossed a line. originally I did it cuz i hate top romen and i would have been stuck eating only that if I lived withen my means... but now i have a job, and can pay for decentt food... but I still find it more apealing to save money by plundering my food. I just wonder... how bad is stealing anyway?[/QUOTE] [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]There are plenty of ways to get a wide variety offood without resorting to stealing. [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
CaNz Posted November 6, 2009 Posted November 6, 2009 well, sadly allamorph it is true, and I really am trying to slow it down, but i go into a store with security thats as close to non existant as possible... its like they are giving it away. now, I am not stealing from corperations, not the average joe, so its not quite the same, but i also know it isnt right, and I could justify it up and down (poorly but I could) and it wouldnt change much... now i am just wondering why the hell i posted it...
Recommended Posts