OtakuBoards

Ways To See If Your Boyfriend Is Not Straight

Raiha

I think both of you're Gaydars are broken, he was probably just curious, thats all, unless he bought the book, then you're in big trouble! DON'T TELL ME HE BOUGHT THE BOOK! Thats sort of like the Dane Cook bit about the nightmares about huge lightning spewing crabs in lofers chasing you, and that meaning you're gay, oh Dane Cook. But anyways, recalabrate you,re Gaydars guys.

[quote name='Ikillion'][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]I'm not getting anything from the Gaydar, maybe a tad bit more FABULOUS~ than normal but still nothing. [b]Besides every guy must experience shojo at some time in their life.[/b] Its a rite of passage.[/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
That is a lie and a half. I don't think guys should ever watch shoujo. (don't let my opinion stop any of you that do.. I may question you in the back of my mind a bit :)) The only reason I happened to stumble across a shoujo is because comcast didn't put up a description of a series (I think it was Gravitation or something.) and I was bored and curious (deadly combination), so I checked it out, saw two guys kissing, turned it off. (wanted to stab my eyes out) I don't think I've been able to see straight since then. X_X

Raiha, sorry, but he's flipped his switch.

I don't believe hes gay. I know way to many guys who read shoujo/shojo and only one of them is gay. They read them more then I do. I personally see no problem when guys reading shoujo. As one of my guy friend (streight) said before "Who cares what genre as long as its got a good story to it." (wording change to make it more OB friendly)

I also have to say the manga Absolute Boyfriend, he picked up is more about how robots develop human feelings that go past their programing then anything else. I say this cause its the main theme in both the manga and Jdrama.

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]So there I was in Barnes and Noble doing the proper manly thing and reading Naruto manga in a genuine effort to catch up on the series and I was doing pretty well. Then I looked over at my boyfriend and noticed he was reading [URL="http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1421500167.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg"]THIS.[/URL]

Now I'm an open minded person as we all know when I'm not busy bashing poor people or the status quo, or certain national and foreign policies, but this I'm not sure what to think about. If your boyfriend prefers Shojo and you've already caught him gleefully reading/watching Vampire Knight and Chobits... Is he gay? I mean really? He already dresses very smartly, uses moisturizer, but otherwise I'm pretty sure he likes me. What do you people think? Male Shojo reading = Gay?[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue][size=1]

Um... does he like to be penetrated?[/color][/size]

[FONT="Arial"]So he's reading that kind of manga and hanging out at certain bars. Is there anything else he's doing that you haven't told us about yet? Cause if he's also doing stuff like stealing your clothing to wear, among other things... yeah. [/FONT]

[quote name='Magus']That is a lie and a half. I don't think guys should ever watch shoujo. (don't let my opinion stop any of you that do.. I may question you in the back of my mind a bit :)) The only reason I happened to stumble across a shoujo is because comcast didn't put up a description of a series (I think it was Gravitation or something.) and I was bored and curious (deadly combination), so I checked it out, saw two guys kissing, turned it off. (wanted to stab my eyes out) I don't think I've been able to see straight since then. X_X

Raiha, sorry, but he's flipped his switch.[/QUOTE]

WHats wrong with two guys kissing? SOme people I tell ya...

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]I have been known to read manga featuring naked women and that doesn't make me [i]straight[/i], so therefore....

[/size][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Aye. Exactly what I was thinking.

Also, I go to straight bars. Going to gay bars for straight men is also very optional because a lot of [i]straight girls[/i] go there as well. Canal Street here isn't the gay capital of England anymore because a lot of straight people go there... why? Different atmosphere, maybe cheaper drinks, and for men there are girls there because they feel safer. That's what I got told, but it doesn't work anymore, since now a lot of straight men figured that out and come to the clubs anyway =p.

But saying your boyfriend might be at a gay bar just to pick up the straight women who seem to have migrated to them shouldn't make matters any better eh...?[/size]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I would think there'd at least be some kind of reaction. You sure your Gaydar is properly tuned?

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.geocities.com/yuugi_kura200142/info/baku4.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Here, you can borrow mine.[/FONT][/QUOTE]
[color=#9933cc]Man, I love that series. The guys living next to me have been watching it all last week. "Screw the rules, I have money!"

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT="Arial"][I]*watches the humor of this thread sail over head after head after head*[/I][/FONT][/QUOTE]
[color=#9933cc]*joins Allamorph*[/color][/color]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]I'm comfortable with my sexual orientation, (Strait and proud) and can say i've read a shojo before, they have good story lines. So I might just have to say he is comfortable with his sexuality, i'm just saying. [/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="2"]that's like assuming girls who like shōnen are lesbians. but then again, i do prefer seinen & shōnen over shōjo & i'm not exactly the straightest girl... so i guess i'm not really supporting my point all that much. whoopsies. ;p[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]So there I was in Barnes and Noble doing the proper manly thing and reading Naruto manga in a genuine effort to catch up on the series and I was doing pretty well. Then I looked over at my boyfriend and noticed he was reading [URL="http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1421500167.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg"]THIS.[/URL]

Now I'm an open minded person as we all know when I'm not busy bashing poor people or the status quo, or certain national and foreign policies, but this I'm not sure what to think about. If your boyfriend prefers Shojo and you've already caught him gleefully reading/watching Vampire Knight and Chobits... Is he gay? I mean really? He already dresses very smartly, uses moisturizer, but otherwise I'm pretty sure he likes me. What do you people think? Male Shojo reading = Gay?[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]I read Absolute Boyfriend before I had officially stated I was bisexual. It hadn't hit me yet, the whole "gay" thing. But perhaps your boyfriend just really likes feminine things. Or perhaps he will one day proclaim that he's bisexual.

Or maybe he's just gay. [/COLOR][/SIZE]