OtakuBoards

What's In Your Car?

Rachmaninoff

Yes I know we've had the what is in your wallet and purse threads so this is pretty similar really. But when I got the family car earlier today so I could go to the store and pick up groceries, I got thinking about this since my brothers tend to be slobs at times.

Bottom line, I ended up cleaning out the trash from fast food takeout and the empty water bottles and soda cans that were still in there. I could have left them, but the thing has no AC and now that it's warmer out, that means it makes the car smell funny.

Other than that, there's some blankets in the trunk, along with some tools for if it were to break down. Not sure how helpful those would be anyway. Oh and there were candy wrappers in the glove compartment.

I guess this means I really need to get my own car. Then I won't need to worry about the others leaving a mess in it. lol Anyway, if you have a car, is it nice and clean or loaded down with junk everywhere? =P

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]A little of everything.
*a complete car slob*
xD

Everyday clothes
Work clothes
Martial Arts uniform
Sparring gear
CDs
Books/manga
CDs and iPod
Gameboy
Spraypaint
Food bags and bottles
Snow emergency equipment
Strange odds and ends for crafts (string, bolts, wire, etc)[/FONT]

[SIZE=1]My car is getting messier with every day. Currently in the boot (/trunk) I have:

- 2 blankets
- jump leads
- de-icer spray and scraper
- torch
- a groundsheet
- a pair of Etnies trainers

In the actual car itself, I have:

- a laptop bag (with no laptop)
- another ice scraper
- a hammer (I'm not a serial killer)
- an empty Coke bottle or three
- a whole bunch of tickets from car parks
- a cloth for wiping the windscreen

Glove compartment:

- the car's service manual
- the locking wheel nut
- far too many CDs, most of them not in their right cases

Wow, I didn't think it was too bad, but when you write it all down there's a load of crap in there...

[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="2"]Ahh. Well, my car is a bit of a mess. Let's see...

a pair of heels,
jeans,
extra shirt
(pretty much a whole outfit)
2 magazines,
a towel?,
jumper cables,

that's all in the trunk.

inside? well I have a two seater so I try to keep it at a minimum. I have a coke bottle that I haven't taken out cause I want the coke code from it but keep forgetting to grab it. I have cds, scissors, duct tape, 2 extra pair of sunglasses.... and... I think that's all...[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

- Lots of empty cups and soda cans
- Phone charger
- The remains of a fabric sculpture that I submitted as a drawing project for school (boy, that didn't go over well)
- Tons of CDs. When my mp3 player got stolen and I was forced to use CDs in my car instead, I thought, "It'll be alright. I can just buy a CD holder and keep ten in my car at a time. I won't need more than ten." So far, I've got the CD holder stuffed to about double capacity, and there's about fifteen more CDs sitting in the passenger seat.
- City map (for garage sales)

[FONT="Arial"]I don't blame you for wanting your own car Darren, I don't like things to be messy either. I keep mine pretty clean since I like knowing where everything is. So lets see, other than the basic manual and stuff in the glove compartment, I've got a phone charger and random change.

I also have some CDs in there. Mainly ones I've made myself with a mix of the stuff I like to listen too. So naturally I have a holder for them. It fits neatly under the passenger seat.

I've got one of those maps for the states, not sure why since I never use the thing. I also have some emergency blankets and a change of clothes in there. But by far the biggest thing I have in the car is a first responder kit. It's got a lot of stuff in it so I'm not going to bother to list the contents. [/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]My car is characteristically clean most of the time with the only messes really being the receipts from food places stuffed into the side panels of my doors.

[LIST]
[*]chapstick
[*]In glove box:
[*]registration and insurance
[*]a few million napkins
[*]small box of ten razor blade replacements
[*]instruction manual
[*]In trunk:
[*]1-2 cases of water
[*]CD case and 6 disc CD player
[*]empty crate for storage
[*]spare wheel and tools
[*]survival kit contained inside a sport water bottle
[/LIST][/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=royalblue][size=1]

TomTom Navigation System
Sirius Satellite Radio (built-in)
Zune with Auxiliary plug.
Martial Arts uniforms and training equipment.

Other than that I'm trying to keep my car clean.[/color][/size]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I don't have a lot in my car. It may be old, but I like to keep it clean. ^^ So other than the basic manual and other papers that have to be in the glove compartment, all I have is some cd's, change and some old blankets in the trunk. I don't really count the stuff for changing a tire. Oh and I have a little scented satchel that sits in the little spot where you'd normally keep change. Since I don't smoke, I keep the spare change in the ashtray.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]Technically I have a car, but it's currently out of commission. And as for what's in it...well, actually, nothing much.

The ashtray is filled with cigarettes. Not from me, though. I wish my dad wouldn't smoke when he has my car. :/[/SIZE]

I used to be anal about my car. Never letting anybody eat in it, drink in it, get in it with mudy shoes. I made the sad...sad mistake of allowing my mom to use my car while I was away for basic training and tech school...looking back at her cars I should've known better..

I got back from training to find my car knee deep in every type of fast food wrapper available. Half-full cups of pop (soda for most of you) laying on their sides dripping every so slowly. And the icing on the cake, cherry on top, almost cried myself to sleep for the next month thing was the battery that she had replaced. Sitting on the floor behind the drivers seat, knowing what was to be even before moving it I did and looked anyways. There was literally no apholstery left and you could see where it was eating away at the flooring...

That was 4 or 5 years ago, I still have the car but I'm not nearly as anal. I don't let trash sit in there but school books, or other papers from school will accumulate. Or depending on what we have going on for drill I'll have my chem gear and other equipment...

Still...so sad

[quote name='Drizzt Do'urden']
I got back from training to find my car knee deep in every type of fast food wrapper available. Half-full cups of pop (soda for most of you) laying on their sides dripping every so slowly. And the icing on the cake, cherry on top, almost cried myself to sleep for the next month thing was the battery that she had replaced. Sitting on the floor behind the drivers seat, knowing what was to be even before moving it I did and looked anyways. There was literally no upholstery left and you could see where it was eating away at the flooring...
[/QUOTE]
[size=1]
I completely know how you feel. My mom took my car for the weekend like a year ago. When I got it back I wasn't even sad. I was [b]FURIOUS[/b]. My mom had like rotten food all over my passenger seat and she spilled some nasty Asian drink all over my seat. It seeped through my leather seats and onto the back seat upholstery D: And it smelled like shiet in there. I was SOOO mad especially since I just got the car like a month before. T.T

But yeah. everyone treats my baby like shiet. :[ They leave their trash, shoes, clothes, book, water bottles [OMFG EVILLLL], and random stuff. I am like a taxi/errand girl in the family so I constantly have passengers :/ and like I'malways cleaning out my car and somehow, the water bottles keep coming back. I don't even drink from water bottles. =.=

anyways...what's in my car. I clean out my car a lot so there aren't too much stuff in there. It used to be worse...

Trunk:
Blankets
Shoes
Books
Art Box
Spare Tires/tools

Glove compartment:
Lotion
Manuals
CDs I don't play
Navi
Pens

Other:
Huge Umbrella
More books
WATER BOTTLES [EVIIIIL]
A mini trashcan
Clothes [not even mine]
Someone's backpack.. O.o [once again, NOT MINE]
Napkin Stash lol
Ipod/Ipod holder

I think that's it. [shrug][/size]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Ah well I'm cleaning it out this weekend but before I do:

[LIST]
[*]Purple embroidered CD case
[*]multiple CDs in other cases
[*]Car charger
[*]booster seat
[*]Winx Club dolls
[*]crayons
[*]dirty socks
[*]work out clothes
[*]riding helmet
[*]riding gloves
[*]riding crop
[*]ice skates
[*]soft grooming brush
[*]Jewish Home of Rochester water bottle
[*]receipts from various things
[*]umbrella
[*]snow brush
[*]work out bag
[*]deoderant, body wash, face wash, loofa, shampoo (in work out bag)
[*]towel
[*]excersize clothes
[*]coloring book
[*]flip flops
[*]spare tire
[*]tire jack
[*]pink silk flower lei from Hawaii
[*]2 poppies from the VFW
[*]a daisy for POWs
[*]Tinker bell necklace
[*]Vanilla cupcake air freshener
[/LIST]

I probably have more than that. But like I said I'm cleaning it out this weekend. I started today and found two books that I hadn't seen in a while.[/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='Sangome][SIZE="1"']The ashtray is filled with cigarettes. Not from me, though. I wish my dad wouldn't smoke when he has my car. :/[/SIZE][/quote]Some of my brother's friends do that. I wouldn't mind it so much except they never bother to clean it out. I really need my own car. XP

Well, in my car I have..
1. A road map. ( I have a reputation for needing it)
2. CDs. Lots of them.
3. Air Freshners
4. Sometimes books
5. A car jack and stuff in the trunk
6. Insurance and other legall junk

Thats about it. Everything else I carry with me/clean out when I leave the car.

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I just took some gloves and mittens from my car.... and it's June in the Northern Hemisphere.

Do we want to know what's in my glove box? Because last night I just went through the whole car:

[LIST]
[*]MP3 Player- I should really take that inside and charge it eh?
[*]Deposit slips (the old ones that my bank doesn't like using anymore)
[*]Owner's manual for my 2003 Olds Alero (I have an old orphan car)
[*]Insurance card
[*]Hard Candy brush set in the bag (there is a Sonia Kurshuk eyeshadow brush in there too)
[*]International mailing lables
[*]Change
[*]My camera bag
[*]One or five dead pens
[/LIST]

And now for a special treat, I have this little cubby above my rear view mirror and I have things in there too:

[LIST]
[*]Sunglasses
[*]Oil blotting papers
[*]A barrett (I have bangs and although I love how they look I hate how they poke me in the eye)
[*]More change
[/LIST]

I may actually clean my car tomorrow and list what I found in there.[/color][/font][/size]

• 3 weeks later...
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]?3 pairs of underwear
?Several sweaters
?2 pairs of jeans
?Lots of shirts
?Make-up
?A lighter
?Empty carton of Camel Lights
?Writing utensils
?Diet Mountain Dew can
?School things
?Work things
?Things[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
After MY first Vehcile a 91 S10 BLazer got broken into I dont keep anything in them. I did keep my detailing stuff in it. In my Mustang I have it's rear louvers, driverside dash pice, replament tail lights, replacement seatsa and halo headrest, big of R/C cars, and a few other things like 4 or 5 jacks. Just cause it isnt streetable. When it is I wont keep anything in it accept for maybe some driving gloves. No food or drink, smoking. I'm gonna get a Head unit with a built in hard drive so no CD's.

• 9 months later...