OtakuBoards

What have cartoons taught you?

chibi-master

I'm talking about the cartoons little kids watch, not fricking Family Guy, by the way. Here are some of mine.

ACME's most frequent customers are vengeful animals.

If you are shot by a gun or have a bomb set off in your hand, you will not bleed. You will merely be covered by soot.

Your eyeballs survive everything. Ex. You are blown up and your body turns to a little pile of ashes. Your eyeballs will land neatly on top of the pile.

You ALWAYS choose the right answer. ALWAYS. DORA THE FRIGGING EXPLORER SAYS SO!!!

[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"]First thing that comes to mind [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGmdN_VsIuc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGmdN_VsIuc[/URL]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Heck, put the entire show in there[/COLOR][/FONT]
[spoiler] youtube tag acted funny for me[/spoiler]

No matter how much you want it to.......the roadrunner will never be caught. If something goes wrong in the world of tiny toons.....buster always has the answer.

Doug was just a normal kid with a weird view of life. He overexaggerated everything that was wrong with him.

The main character of any cartoon talks to themselves way too much.

Cartoon character girls always talk about shopping and getting new clothes but still wear the exact same thing every single day.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='KojiroJames2K9']Well, I really learn off PBS' [i]WordGirl[/i] words like "pompus", plus the voice cast is eclectic. The lead character's also cute in a kid-friendly sort of way.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Whoa, someone besides me who is over the age of 8 watches [B]WordGirl[/B]? Awesome. :animesmil

I've been rewatching [B]The Weekenders[/B] lately, and the way they deliver their morals is really accessible and hardly ever heavy-handed at all. My first time watching the show taught me to take things in stride and that it's good to plan things out, but not so great to stress about every little detail.

I also learned that twelve year olds are snarky, sarcastic and full of dry wit. Very verbose, too.[/FONT]

• 8 months later...
What I learned from SpongeBob SquarePants:

Starfish have an incredibly low intelligence quotient.
You don't need a license to drive a sandwich.
Mayonnaise is not an instrument.
If you try to sell chocolate to someone, he/she will likely start screaming "CHOOOOCOLAAAAAAAATE!".
Underwater, dolphin braying is considered swearing.

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"]Airbenders improve their aim by hurling fruit pies at their meditating elders.

You can survive being flung 60 feet in the air and then falling back down on solid rock.

However if your name is Jet, you will immediately die from a single rock sledge push into your face.

[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]From the original Transformers cartoon series.

Humans will immediately be able to tell good extra-terrestrial robots from bad ones without any obvious information.

Jesus Christ was just Optimus Prime's holoform.[/size][/font]

After watching my fair share of cartoons now-a-days, Ive learned that :

1. Breaking the 4th wall is actually becoming a common thing now.
2. Its ok for cartoon girls to have huge boobs, the only people noticing them are the people who are watching the show...none of the actual show characters pay attention to the over developed bodies of the girls.
3. All problems are solved by just ignoring them
4. Love is worth a simple gesture whether it be a precious gift or a superfluous act.

Cartoons have taught me that it is okay to have an imagination, and that only in that fanasty land can I ecaspe and just get away with anything that I want and not suffer the consequences. That is an awesome thought and feeling, it is just too bad that doesn't work out in the real world

• 3 weeks later...
I have learned:

The hero will always happen to have the exact gadget/weapon he needs on him at the time and will retrieve said gadget/weapon by reaching behind his back and pulling it out of thin air.

G.I. Joe and Cobra have fought numerous battles against one another for years and yet no one from either side has been killed yet.  G.I. Joe and Cobra both suck at warfare.

Superheroes can render themselves totally unrecognizable simply by covering their eyes with a mask.  

The hallway in the house where Tom and Jerry live is approximately 90 feet long and has identical tables set up every 10 feet along its length.  

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='xrosex' date='20 August 2010 - 02:53 PM' timestamp='1282330400' post='699645']
Looney Toons taught me that if you fall off a cliff you will only create a large crater in the ground.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]And that you will only actually fall off said cliff when you look down.[/color]