Rachmaninoff Posted September 3, 2009 Posted September 3, 2009 Yes this thread will be rather pointless in a way, but since reading it just made me laugh, I figured I'd share the fun with the rest of you. [URL="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32655207/ns/us_news-faith/"][U]Church enlists Satan in advertising campaign[/U][/URL] Or you could say not fun, depending on your point of view. So to give this more... you guys have any stories to share on odd means of advertising for religion that you've seen in your area? Or even funny stories about stuff where you do attend, if you do that is.
Allamorph Posted September 3, 2009 Posted September 3, 2009 [FONT="Arial"][INDENT][I]A Michigan church is enlisting Satan in a bid to [B][U]drum up attendance[/U][/B] at services. [/I][/INDENT] And that there tells me instantly that they have the complete wrong focus.[/FONT]
Axel Posted September 3, 2009 Posted September 3, 2009 [IMG]http://www.canpages.ca/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/satan.jpg[/IMG] LOL --------------- That's almost as good as the athiest posters. I quite like that campain. I'm anti-anything-remotely-christian, but jesus. (No pun intended... Or maybe there is.) Even I'D be tempted. :P
The Spectacular Professor Posted September 3, 2009 Posted September 3, 2009 [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]"Hey guys! Someone dislikes us! That makes us AWESOME!" Prince of Darkness or no, I'm thinking there's something wrong with an ad campaign centered around a fallacy like that.[/FONT]
Sangome Posted September 3, 2009 Posted September 3, 2009 [SIZE="1"]I dunno. I found it kinda funny. I mean, whatever gets people to attend...? Although I guess I can see a problem with them wanting numbers, and thinking of their members as nothing more than that. My church is fairly small, and I kinda like it that way...I've only ever been to an OMFG HUGE church once. [And even then I was in the kids church section. T'was fun, though]. I guess I'd have to be there to see the effectiveness of it.[/SIZE]
Gavin Posted September 3, 2009 Posted September 3, 2009 [SIZE="1"]Should've just posted posters of Satan calling people "n00bs" and claiming the Church could pass on the "1337 sk1llz" needed to vanquish him. That totally would've worked...[/SIZE]
Aaryanna_Mom Posted September 3, 2009 Posted September 3, 2009 It did make me laugh. However at the same time, it seems more like a gimmick than anything that would truly be useful.
Aaryanna Posted September 4, 2009 Posted September 4, 2009 [FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]I did laugh, but at the same time it makes me think they're desperate to gain members. I no longer go to church myself, but it seems rather odd that they think they need catchy gimmicks to get people to attend. I guess if it works, oh well. I'm still gonna laugh at it. [/COLOR][/FONT]
~Cloud~strife~07~ Posted September 4, 2009 Posted September 4, 2009 i remember this 1 time me and a friend of mine was taking me home then i said to him wow kev look at that sign it said: "are you on the right rd??" the he said - I better be! then i was like in my head - (wow a sign like that on a street this busy???manthey where asking for it! LOL XD)
Sabrina Posted September 6, 2009 Posted September 6, 2009 [FONT="Tahoma"]I'm not sure if I find that amusing or not. I am curious to know if it actually did have the intended effect, to get more people to attend. [/FONT]
Mr. Maul Posted September 6, 2009 Posted September 6, 2009 [quote=~Cloud~strife~07~]i remember this 1 time me and a friend of mine was taking me home then i said to him wow kev look at that sign it said: "are you on the right rd??" the he said - I better be! then i was like in my head - (wow a sign like that on a street this busy???manthey where asking for it! LOL XD)[/quote] [FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]I recognize the words as English, yet I'll be damned (GET IT!?) if I understand a word of it. LOL ORGANIZED RELIGION [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
SunfallE Posted September 8, 2009 Posted September 8, 2009 [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][quote name='Mr. Maul][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]LOL ORGANIZED RELIGION[/COLOR][/SIZE'][/FONT][/quote][CENTER][IMG]http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3374/qfty.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] I did laugh at the signs though. =P[/COLOR][/FONT]
Allamorph Posted September 8, 2009 Posted September 8, 2009 [QUOTE=SunfallE][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][CENTER][IMG]http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3374/qfty.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE] [FONT="Arial"] [CENTER][IMG]http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs40/i/2009/009/9/d/The_Massive_Frown_by_Zeakari.png[/IMG][/CENTER] [/FONT]
SunfallE Posted September 8, 2009 Posted September 8, 2009 [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="1"][I]*falls over laughing*[/I][/SIZE] I [I]LOVE[/I] that frowny face Allamorph.[/COLOR][/FONT] :catgirl:
Darren Posted September 8, 2009 Posted September 8, 2009 There were some odd billboards in the OKC area a few years back. I can't remember exactly what they said, but it was something along the lines of: "Do you hate Jesus? Join others who hate him as well." And then it gave a website. I never went to it, but my buddy told me it was just a ploy to get people to look at the site that was obviously not anti-jesus. As for that church's advertisements... I don't get it. Really, I don't get much of religious advertisements at all. Because Christians don't need to pay attention to them. Atheists don't want to pay attention to them... And those who are either unaware of christianity or who have faced some hard times in their life and are searching for "answers," inevitably wind up in a christian church... I would think good old fashioned testimony would do the trick better. At least that way I wouldn't have to see all the religious mumbo-jumbo everywhere I go. [quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Should've just posted posters of Satan calling people "n00bs" and claiming the Church could pass on the "1337 sk1llz" needed to vanquish him. That totally would've worked...[/SIZE][/QUOTE] That would have worked on me... If only for the opportunity to meet the man/woman who came up with the ad campaign...
Nony Posted September 8, 2009 Posted September 8, 2009 I find it silly, and kind of hokey to be honest. There are better ways to get people interested in Christianity. Much better ways.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now