OtakuBoards

posting to Otaku Forums

munchiegames

Hi My name is Ian , I develop games with Otaku snack lovers in mind. I tried to post about a new game here but the moderator Kory decided that it doesnt fit the rules, even though many big company products /games are shown here
and there is no rule against posting such things. So I wanted to voice that I feel this is unfair, and I don't understand his logic in blocking such posts

[SIZE="1"]Munchie,

Based on what you've said in your post it sounds like you were posted a thread dedicated to a game produced by your company. If this is the case it is in breach of OB's rules governing advertising as which prohibits members from creating threads specifically to advertise their own forums/products/services/etc. If you do wish to advertise the latter it is to be done through your signature.

If this was not the case I suggest you PM Korey and attempt to recreate the thread in such a fashion as is not in breach of OB's rules. Also I would suggest you do not create threads specifically to question a decision made by a member of staff, if you feel you have been treated unfairly a PM to the moderator in question, or one of our Senior Moderators would have been more appropriate.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Calibri]Oh, I dunno, I feel he's got a right to [I]ask[/I]....

Although I second your solution. Sorry, [COLOR="DarkRed"]munch[/COLOR], that's just the way we do things here.[/FONT][/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"]
Oh yeah, I wasn't trying to say he didn't have to right to ask why the thread was closed, just making a thread when a PM would've equally sufficed seems a bit public, at least to me. I suppose what I mean is that I don't think we want the idea out there that every decision a moderator makes should be subject to public inquiry that's all, if they feel they can't get a satisfactory answer from a moderator they're free to elevate the question to a senior moderator. Certainly Munchie has the right to know why the thread was closed though.[/SIZe]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I don't mind the question being asked publicly, because it's a question that other members might be curious about.

But yes, munchie, based on what you've said it sounds like your thread was closed because it was an advertisement. We consider advertising threads to be spam at OB.

If you want to advertise your games, my suggestion is to either use your signature on here [b]or[/b] to actually purchase ad space on theOtaku (or even create your own theO World for this purpose).[/font]

[quote name='munchiegames']I tried to post about a new game here but the moderator Kory decided that it doesnt fit the rules, even though many big company products /games are shown here
and there is no rule against posting such things.[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]I just want to point out the difference between other game-specific threads threads in the Arcade and the one you posted. For the other threads, the reason people post them is to talk about the game; they find the game interesting and they want to discuss it with other members. In the case of your thread, you just posted a link to your site to try and generate more traffic. That's what separates allowed threads from those that aren't when it comes to the no advertising rule.

Now, if you start a thread and actually give some information about the game, why it's worth playing and, say, ask what people think of it, it would be allowed. At that point the thread is no longer solely devoted to advertising, it also opens up points of discussion.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]
Now, if you start a thread and actually give some information about the game, why it's worth playing and, say, ask what people think of it, it would be allowed. At that point the thread is no longer solely devoted to advertising, it also opens up points of discussion.[/color][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Bingo. Munchie, if you really want to promote your game, it would be worth creating a full thread about it where people can discuss it (as if it were any other game).

Simply posting a link is blatant advertising - most forum communities would not accept that.

So by all means munchie, feel free to take up Des's suggestion. :catgirl:[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Bingo. Munchie, [...] by all means munchie, [...][/font][/QUOTE]
[size=1]For a moment I thought you were giving people funny pet names, but then I realised you actually referred to a name.[/size]