Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I don't think a graphic design major is stupid enough to use the eye dropper tool incorrectly and I have a perfectly legitimate and perfectly functioning version of Photoshop, thank you very much.
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
[color=#4B0082]So you're telling me that when you use the dropper on the right edge of Sara's piece and the left edge of yours, Photoshop gives you the same RGB value for both?

Another few things for people to check: Make sure that [FONT="Courier New"]Image > Mode[/FONT] is set to [FONT="Courier New"]RGB Color[/FONT]. Also, go to [FONT="Courier New"]Image > Mode > Assign Profile[/FONT] and make sure it's set to [FONT="Courier New"]Don't Color Manage This Document[/FONT]. And when saving the piece, make sure the [FONT="Courier New"]ICC Profile[/FONT] box is unchecked.[/color]
Posted
Unless I suddenly became illiterate, that is what I said.

Here, I followed your suggestions and this is what I got (not sure why you would ever have "Don't Color Manage This Document" checked but regardless):

[img]http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4775/raaawrh.jpg[/img]
Posted
[color=#4B0082]Because you shouldn't use color management for graphics being displayed on the web. Not all browsers support color management and even the ones that do can be iffy about how well it's handled.

Or if you do have it enabled, at least make sure it's set to sRGB. If it's set to Wide Gamut RGB or something, that'll screw with the colors for other people.

And the piece still doesn't match up for me, so there's apparently a more fundamental problem here. Can you try opening the .psd file in [url=http://www.irfanview.com/]IrfanView[/url] or something else that can read it and save a JPG version with it instead of Photoshop? Also, if it isn't too big, could you attach the .psd to a post for me to take a look at?

[b]Edit:[/b]
I just updated the worm with pieces 14-16, using Sara's fixed piece.[/color]
Posted
[font=lucida fax]Okay, so I moved every post that didn't claim or update a piece to this thread as everybody is now aware enough about the problem to discuss it on in here. :^D[/font]
Posted
[color=#4B0082]Fair enough. Would you be willing to e-mail it to me rather than posting it publicly? I'd really like to see if I can replicate the problem myself.

[strike]For everyone else, if the colors along the edge between [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm/#015]#014 and #015[/url] match up for you, could you please post or PM me what browser you're using, what the [FONT="Courier New"]gfx.color_management.mode[/FONT] option in [FONT="Courier New"]about:config[/FONT] is set to if you're using Firefox, what model of monitor you're using, and what (if any) ICC profile you're using with it?[/strike][/color]
Posted
[quote name='Citric']I don't think a graphic design major is stupid enough to use the eye dropper tool incorrectly and I have a perfectly legitimate and perfectly functioning version of Photoshop, thank you very much.[/QUOTE][font=helvetica]This is just an idea, but are you using "Save for web"? I've found that that sometimes messes up my colors?especially by desaturating vibrant warm tones, which seems like the problem here. Just saving as a jpg has helped me.[/font]
Posted
@Des - I don't feel comfortable giving it to any stranger, public or not. I've given it to someone I trust though I'm not sure if he'll post his findings.

@Sara - No, I haven't used Save For Web.
Posted
[color=#4B0082][b]Delta:[/b] That works perfectly, thanks. I've uploaded it in place of the old version.

[b]jigglyness:[/b] There's a really strong green tint in the background of your #020 piece that makes it not match up.[/color]
Posted
[font=lucida fax]Oops. I was at a pc with the resolution messed up, so I didn't even notice it. :^D Debbie's right, so if [b]Ed[/b] and [b]Shishou[/b] would be so kind to, y'know, expand their pieces into new dimensons, that'd be swell![/font]
Posted
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Oh gosh, I completely didn't notice that it was 400 instead of 450. Is it OK if I wait until Ed finishes with his/her piece before I edit mine?[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
[quote name='Citric']Anyone know the status on Boo's piece?[/QUOTE]It looks like he hasn't been on since the 400px pieces were updated.

It seems the 24 hour system runs into snags when we have +1 claims.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...