Graphic Worm 2010 - Discussion Thread

Boo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=#4B0082]So you're telling me that when you use the dropper on the right edge of Sara's piece and the left edge of yours, Photoshop gives you the same RGB value for both?

Another few things for people to check: Make sure that [FONT="Courier New"]Image > Mode[/FONT] is set to [FONT="Courier New"]RGB Color[/FONT]. Also, go to [FONT="Courier New"]Image > Mode > Assign Profile[/FONT] and make sure it's set to [FONT="Courier New"]Don't Color Manage This Document[/FONT]. And when saving the piece, make sure the [FONT="Courier New"]ICC Profile[/FONT] box is unchecked.[/color]

Unless I suddenly became illiterate, that is what I said.

Here, I followed your suggestions and this is what I got (not sure why you would ever have "Don't Color Manage This Document" checked but regardless):

[img]http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4775/raaawrh.jpg[/img]

[color=#4B0082]Because you shouldn't use color management for graphics being displayed on the web. Not all browsers support color management and even the ones that do can be iffy about how well it's handled.

Or if you do have it enabled, at least make sure it's set to sRGB. If it's set to Wide Gamut RGB or something, that'll screw with the colors for other people.

And the piece still doesn't match up for me, so there's apparently a more fundamental problem here. Can you try opening the .psd file in [url=http://www.irfanview.com/]IrfanView[/url] or something else that can read it and save a JPG version with it instead of Photoshop? Also, if it isn't too big, could you attach the .psd to a post for me to take a look at?

[b]Edit:[/b]
I just updated the worm with pieces 14-16, using Sara's fixed piece.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]Fair enough. Would you be willing to e-mail it to me rather than posting it publicly? I'd really like to see if I can replicate the problem myself.

[strike]For everyone else, if the colors along the edge between [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/graphicworm/#015]#014 and #015[/url] match up for you, could you please post or PM me what browser you're using, what the [FONT="Courier New"]gfx.color_management.mode[/FONT] option in [FONT="Courier New"]about:config[/FONT] is set to if you're using Firefox, what model of monitor you're using, and what (if any) ICC profile you're using with it?[/strike][/color]

[quote name='Citric']I don't think a graphic design major is stupid enough to use the eye dropper tool incorrectly and I have a perfectly legitimate and perfectly functioning version of Photoshop, thank you very much.[/QUOTE][font=helvetica]This is just an idea, but are you using "Save for web"? I've found that that sometimes messes up my colors?especially by desaturating vibrant warm tones, which seems like the problem here. Just saving as a jpg has helped me.[/font]

[font=lucida fax]Oops. I was at a pc with the resolution messed up, so I didn't even notice it. :^D Debbie's right, so if [b]Ed[/b] and [b]Shishou[/b] would be so kind to, y'know, expand their pieces into new dimensons, that'd be swell![/font]