• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I noticed this yesterday while on a mac at school but at least 4 of the graphic worm pieces did not match up. Yet when I got home and looked at the worm they all match. I know there was some trouble before. I'm going to take a look at the settings on the mac tomorrow to see what they're set at.

[color=#4B0082]It's most likely due to faulty color management settings. On my wide gamut LCD monitor, some pieces don't match up if Firefox's gfx.color_management.mode is set to 2 (the default for 3.5 and newer versions) because that only color manages images that are tagged with an ICC profile. Some pieces in the worm are tagged, others aren't. I have to set the color management mode to either 0 (no color management) or 1 (manage all image and CSS colors) to get them all to match up.

In my case, since I have a wide gamut monitor, 1 is the correct setting. By managing all colors, everything displayed by Firefox uses the same colors as on a standard sRGB display.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][SIZE="1"]Sara! Your pieces are so inspiring. I think I'll have to attempt to claim the one after you if it is still free in a day or two (too much homework at the moment to claim now). I'm thinking to continue with more scenery. :3[/SIZE][/COLOR]