OtakuBoards

Fullmetal Alchemist

Guest dark kitsune

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DarkOrange]I love FMA. It is one of my favorites. I can't wait till I finish the series. *can't sit still* I can't wait till the movie comes out. :animesmil I am now doing some research on the history of alchemy. My favorite [spoiler] episode is number 7- Night of the Chimera's Cry. Nina is a cute little girl. I felt sorry for her when her dad (Tucker) combindes her and Alexander(her dog) to make a chimera. I didn't like the part when Scar tries to separate Nina and Alexander with alchemy. He ends up killing both of them. [/spoiler] :animecry:Ed is cute!![/COLOR] [/FONT] :catgirl:

[i]Anyway, everything is revealed about the movie on the first website you come across when you google for "Fullmetal Alchemist." I think the person they interviewed was an idiot, because he/she gave too much away. Does he/she think we are so dumb that we can't put two and two together?

So, yeah, the movie will be the finale (aka the last episode). But read at your discretion: whoever they interviewed doesn't know how to keep secrets. I didn't read all the way through, so I don't know how much is spoiled (when I came across the first major spoiler, I stopped).[/i]

[color=darkslateblue] Hahahaha...yeah, that happenend to me, too. Although I didn't stop myself and just read the whole interview. [Do I even NEED to watch the movie now?] Yes, of course I do. I love FMA...>_>.[/color]

[i]I watched all the episodes of fullmetal alchemist. Can somebody explain to me that last episode a bit?(ep.51) I didn't fully understand the ending.[/i]

[color=darkslateblue] What exactly did you not understand?[/color]

[quote name='maladjusted][color=darkslateblue'] What exactly did you not understand?[/color][/quote][COLOR=blue]I think, if he's like me, he didn't understand the relationship between [SPOILER]Alchemy and the Gates[/SPOILER], or, more directly stated, [SPOILER]how the two worlds (really dimensions) interact[/SPOILER]. I imagine the foreshadowing they did when Mr. H was talking with those dudes at the end will clear things up in the movie? O_o

Although, I just have to say, they used the perfect historical background: [SPOILER]WWII - 1920s-1940s, give or take, heh. I imagine it's closer to late 1920s and early 1930s than anything else[/SPOILER]. No, that didn't help explain anything, though.[/COLOR]

This is a really good series...but i have to agree with R2vq...sometime the animation are a little extreme....But...anyway.

I'm not exactly sure which episode it was...the [spoiler]chimera child..when she was killed[/spoiler]...talk about tugging heartstrings. I hated that episode :animecry: .

Overall, I'm big on the alchemy theme. It just holds a certain appeal that other shows don't have. :animesmil

[QUOTE=dark kitsune]I'm wondering if any of you watch it. I just finished watching episode 7 and damned if it didn't make me cry....

So anybody into this particular anime as much as me? From what I've seen so far this anime is incredible. The character development, plot and artwork are great.

If you haven't seen it yet...then get busy![/QUOTE]

I find it very exciting. There are sometimes when I want to cry, though. I can't wait for tonight's episode.

[i]I think, if he's like me, he didn't understand the relationship between [spoiler]Alchemy and the Gates[/spoiler], or, more directly stated, [spoiler]how the two worlds (really dimensions) interact[/spoiler]. I imagine the foreshadowing they did when Mr. H was talking with those dudes at the end will clear things up in the movie? O_o[/i]

[color=darkslateblue] Hm. I never really thought much about the [spoiler]relationship between alchemy and the Gates (I just took in what information the dialogue gave me and didn't think much about it). Mostly I was sort of 'NYARGH' because Edward was in this other world and Al was seperated from him. And Roy's huge, gaudy eye-patch (And the fact that he even managed to survive).[/spoiler] Oh well. I guess the movie will clean everything up. Personally, my theory is [spoiler] that Ed will just stay in the 1920-30ish world after coming to some sort of touching resolution or whatnot. Which sucks for me. [/spoiler]

Question: Are the DVDs of FMA going to unedited? Then again, we're talking about FUNimation here, so I guess that's sort of a stupid question. Unless...a miracle...?[/color]

Wha...?

There's a reason (several, actually) that FUNimation is rapidly becoming one of my favorite R1 companies. I can assure you that all the FMA DVDs will be bilingual and fully uncut--as a matter of fact, as far as I know the Adult Swim version has been virtually untouched.

~Dagger~

[color=darkslateblue] Haha, don't take it to heart. ^_^ Dagger, you're undoubtedly far more knowledgable about recent anime and such. I was basing what I said about FUNimation on earlier anime when I was more 'obsessed'...

But glad to hear it's not edited. :)[/color]

I feel sort of bad for Funi because (lately, at least) they've been trying so hard to please fans. It just makes me want to pat them on the head, haha. You're quite right in that they weren't exactly a model of good behavior in earlier years, but they've shown so much improvement, it's almost ridiculous. I can't wait for their release of Kodocha and Gunslinger Girl. :animesmil

To get back on topic, I'm... uh, looking forward to tonight's episode. Yeah. :animeswea

~Dagger~

I have to agree with many of the threads i have seen that episode 7 is the best. It's a real tear jerker. I personally think FMA is great because it has such memorable characters, a well developed story, and especially the fact that it deals with such deep moral issues. The ideas brought up in the series are so deep that they really just get you thinking and interested i'd have to say its among my favorites.

Dammit, Armstrong! Why did you have to interrupt Ed's big confession? :animeangr

Now I'm going to be in horrible suspense for heaven knows how long. I hope his secret is revealed soon, because I know so little about the situation that I can't even be bothered to start speculating properly. I also hope it's as shocking/horrific as his tone of voice (and his reluctance to tell Al) seemed to imply.

On a lighter note, I [i]love[/i] the female characters in this show. Lust, as I mentioned in my earlier post, is both excessively cool and very, very hot. It looks like we'll be seeing quite a bit of her in the next episode. Winry manages to be adorable, practical and rather unique--it was a real stroke of genius to make the token cute girl/childhood friend an obsessive mechanic. I really like her dub voice. And of course Hawkeye is also awesome.

Another big bonus: getting to see Ed with his hair down. Very pretty. :animeshy:

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger]Dammit, Armstrong! Why did you have to interrupt Ed's big confession? :animeangr

Now I'm going to be in horrible suspense for heaven knows how long. I hope his secret is revealed soon, because I know so little about the situation that I can't even be bothered to start speculating properly. I also hope it's as shocking/horrific as his tone of voice (and his reluctance to tell Al) seemed to imply.
~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

Man i was thinking the same thing!
maybe it has some connection the note inside the watch thingy he left himself. It also came up right after Al's whole lack of memory sad time... so if i had to guess it would have something to do with the fact that maybe that so long as hes in that suit of armor his memory will deteriorate over time until he's nothing but a lump of metal without a soul again i dont know thats my guess if i had to make one

Guest animephilosophr
[quote name='Stephanie Ayler']Is this part of Full Metal Panic? If not, I'm looking forward into finding it. I'm just alittle curious; because I've heard alot of different titles begining with Full Metal.:worried: I don't know if they're the same or not.:nervous:[/quote]

I have seen full metal panic and full metal alchemist and no they are no the same but i see how it could confuse some people. :animestun

[i]On a lighter note, I love the female characters in this show. Lust, as I mentioned in my earlier post, is both excessively cool and very, very hot. It looks like we'll be seeing quite a bit of her in the next episode. Winry manages to be adorable, practical and rather unique--it was a real stroke of genius to make the token cute girl/childhood friend an obsessive mechanic. I really like her dub voice. And of course Hawkeye is also awesome.
[/i]

[color=darkslateblue] :D I love all the female characters in FMA as well! It's pretty amazing for me as well...it's the first anime that has managed to do that. (As well as make me LOVE the main character)

This episode was never a favorite of mine, though. It managed to keep my attention nonetheless. :) And I love it when Edward explodes when someone calls him short.

On other things, (don't read if you haven't seen the whole series)

[spoiler]

1)What [i]does[/i] happen to Gluttony anyway? Does he just dissappear or what...?

2) I still don't understand the whole things when Envy turns into Edward's father thing. But I did skip a couple of episodes...and I'm too lazy to watch the episode again. =_=[/spoiler][/color]

Crap! I had to go and read Maladjusted's spoiler! Thank god I didn't understand it.....

Anyway, the recent episode was very cool. I found it relaxing, because the series has been so dark lately. I am also wondering about Ed's secret, but I think they didn't reveal it because they didn't want to ruin the tranquility of the moment. The next episode though, looks to be as dramatic as ever.

[i]Crap! I had to go and read Maladjusted's spoiler! Thank god I didn't understand it.....[/i]

[color=darkslateblue]*laughs* Don't worry. Nothing you read isn't too major....in some ways. >_> I went back and rewatched episode 50, so I don't need an answer for the 2nd question I asked. I actually felt pretty stupid when I fully watched all the episodes before it, because then it made perfect sense. And it was just one fact.... =_=;;;

But I still don't understand [spoiler]WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO ENVY. O_o[/spoiler]. [/color]

[i]Anyway, the recent episode was very cool. I found it relaxing, because the series has been so dark lately. I am also wondering about Ed's secret, but I think they didn't reveal it because they didn't want to ruin the tranquility of the moment. The next episode though, looks to be as dramatic as ever.[/i]

[color=darkslateblue] T___T It gets worse as the series continues...by the end I was like 'Please give me a filler episode...just to make me happy...;_;' But then again, that's one thing I like about FMA. It always holds your attention and moves forward with the plot.

If you would like to know when Ed's 'secret question' is revealed, you won't have to suffer too much. You can highlight the spoiler if you want to know what episode he asks the question. [spoiler] Episode 24[/spoiler]. And it's so sweet. ;_; I die everytime Edward and Al have a brotherly moment. Ep. 15 is one of my favorites just because it has one of those moments.

Oh, and just a thought. I've seen all the different versions of the opening/ending of the show... Does anyone else here love the opening for eps. 42-50? I think I was um...slobbering or something...I love the fight scenes. *_* [/color]

[QUOTE=maladjusted][color=darkslateblue]
But I still don't understand [spoiler]WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO ENVY. O_o[/spoiler]. [/color][/QUOTE]

Maybe he was [spoiler]sent to the other side of the gate. (I didnt know if that should be in spoilers or not XP I had no idea what the gate was until I read a little more on it) [/spoiler]

Maybe we'll see him the the FMA movie. By the way, does anyone know if and when they're going to release that in America? Its not out in Japan yet, not till this summer, I think ~_~

When you say "ed's secret" you're talking about what he was going to ask Al, right?

There is one thing I have been wondering about [spoiler]in various pictures I have seen ed with brown and black hair, when and why does he do this, at first I thought it was just some fanart or something but my friend told me he really dyes it[/spoiler]

[quote name='StarTsubasa']I love FMA, but the ending really disappointed me.[/quote]

Yeah, it kinda leaves a lot of questions but that's where the movie takes off from. I think if you go to [url]www.fullmetal-alchemist.com[/url] they have an interview with the film makers and they explain whats going on after [spoiler] Ed is sent to the other side of the gate. [/spoiler]I only read a little bit about it. [spoiler]The movie takes place in Germany after world war I and during the start of World War II (correct me if Im wrong) and apparently Ed is working with a guy named Alphonse (I have no idea how to spell his last name), who looks just like Al, with something on rockets I guess..[/spoiler] there was more but I'd have to read it again.

[i]Maybe he was [spoiler]sent to the other side of the gate. (I didnt know if that should be in spoilers or not XP I had no idea what the gate was until I read a little more on it) [/spoiler][/i]

[color=darkslateblue] Yeah, I did see [spoiler] a picture of a dragon in a scanned layout of Animage about the FMA movie...so...[/spoiler][/color]

[i]When you say "ed's secret" you're talking about what he was going to ask Al, right?[/i]

[color=darkslateblue] Yeah. It's not like some earth-shattering secret that will forever change the plot of FMA, it's just a secret question. And it's sweet. ^_^[/color]

[i]There is one thing I have been wondering about [spoiler] in various pictures I have seen ed with brown and black hair, when and why does he do this, at first I thought it was just some fanart or something but my friend told me he really dyes it[/spoiler][/i]

[color=darkslateblue] If I tell you, it'll spoil something, so read at your own will: [spoiler] Later on the series (around the middle of the 40s episodes) Edward and Al are wanted by the military. Ed dies his hair black in order to disguise himself. Never brown hair, though. [/spoiler]

The movie is supposed to come out this summer in Japan, but I've also heard that it's coming out this August. I have no idea whether it's going to be officially released in the US, but I'm pretty sure fansubbing groups will release it on bittorrents or something.[/color]

[quote name='Lunox][color=darkslateblue] Yeah, I did see [spoiler] a picture of a dragon in a scanned layout of Animage about the FMA movie...so...[/spoiler'][/color][/quote]

Yes! It has been confermed. It is envy. Its good we get to see more of him.

[quote name='Lunox][color=darkslateblue] If I tell you, it'll spoil something, so read at your own will: [spoiler] Later on the series (around the middle of the 40s episodes) Edward and Al are wanted by the military. Ed dies his hair black in order to disguise himself. Never brown hair, though. [/spoiler'][/color][/quote]

*Raises a brow* Me? haha! Even if there are spoilers I will read them. I always like to know whats going on; when people say "spoilers" its sorta like... oh jeez.. its like.. I am to spoilers as Vash is to doughnuts.Anyway, thanks for clearing that up. I appreciate it. ^_^

[quote name='Lunox][color=darkslateblue']The movie is supposed to come out this summer in Japan, but I've also heard that it's coming out this August. I have no idea whether it's going to be officially released in the US, but I'm pretty sure fansubbing groups will release it on bittorrents or something.[/color][/quote]

=_= Fansubs, *sigh* its not that I hate them but they're hard to find! >_< Im sure once some fansubbing groups release it, people will flock. I'll never be fast enough to find them before everyone buys them out on Ebay or some place else *cries*

[i]=_= Fansubs, *sigh* its not that I hate them but they're hard to find! >_< Im sure once some fansubbing groups release it, people will flock. I'll never be fast enough to find them before everyone buys them out on Ebay or some place else *cries*[/i]

[color=darkslateblue] ? You don't buy fansubs, you download them... If you want more information, you can PM me. :)[/color]

Once again, I'm starting to wonder whether FMA has any [i]bad[/i] episodes. I mean, it's really a good thing that the new episodes are spread apart by a week, since I'd stand a high chance of spontaneously combusting if I encountered all of this awesomeness in one sitting.

On that note, the most recent episode was very satisfying. More specifically, Vic Mignogna's voice acting has reached new heights of excellence (and at just the right time, too--when he had his big outburst about [spoiler]the so-called final ingredient,[/spoiler] it actually sent chills down my spine). I almost feel like a bad person for saying this, but now I want Ed to get into all sorts of horrible, heart-wrenching situations, just for the sake of hearing Mr. Mignogna use the same sublimely anguished tone he used last night.

Plus, I also got my Lust fix for the week! She's even more attractive with that wild, bloodthirsty look on her face. Suddenly I'm tempted to switch avatars. :animeshy:

~Dagger~

The new episode was sweet. I practically jumped out of my skin hearing the ingrediant. I was like "OMFG!!! HOLY 5-17!".

The battle between Lust and Scar was sweet. What kind of people did he say they are? I wonder how many there are, (I would imagine 7 but you never know.) Also, I can't wait to see what relation scar and Lust (might) have. Also, I wonder if scar will be more comfortable knowing there are still thousands of Ishbal around.

[color=darkslateblue] Hmm. After watching that episode on Cartoon Network last night, I must say: props to the editing staff! I barely noticed the cut they had in the episode, so they must be doing a great job. :) Oh, yeah, and [B]I LOVE HUGHES![/B] I was so glad that the US dubs nailed down the scene with Roy and Hughes on the phone. ;_; *tears of happiness* It's possibly one of my favorite scenes in the whole anime. [Oh yeah, and Angst!Ed is always a fabulous ingredient in a good episode of FMA. Hurrah.][/color]

[i]The new episode was sweet. I practically jumped out of my skin hearing the ingrediant. I was like "OMFG!!! HOLY 5-17!". [/i]

[color=darkslateblue] >_> I actually wasn't surprised when I first watched this episode. Maybe I have inner violence somewhere in me.[/color]

[QUOTE=ThatOneOddDude]The new episode was sweet. I practically jumped out of my skin hearing the ingrediant. I was like "OMFG!!! HOLY 5-17!".

The battle between Lust and Scar was sweet. What kind of people did he say they are? I wonder how many there are, (I would imagine 7 but you never know.) Also, I can't wait to see what relation scar and Lust (might) have. Also, I wonder if scar will be more comfortable knowing there are still thousands of Ishbal around.[/QUOTE]

Lust and Gluttony are Homunculi. Back when people actually tried to practice alchemy, Houmunculus was a term for an artificially created human, or an artificial being without a soul. I'm guessing that, in the series, they were created to be used as the ingredient for the philosopher's stone. That might be why they are trying to find it, but I could be wrong.

Does anyone know how many of them there actually are? I think I've seen 3.