OtakuBoards

Pokemon Black & Pokemon White

Katie!

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][strike]Hmm, having a bit of a weird problem now with Black. When I try to collect Victini, the game refuses to acknowledge any wireless setting present despite the fact I can use the Opera Browser built into my DSi XL at full strength in exactly the same place. Anyone else having a similar problem ?[/strike]

[b][Edit][/b] Scratch that, figured out what was wrong. Apparently I had to have the C-Gear before the wireless would work properly, so happy days. Anyone have a Tepig they'd like to part with ?[/size][/font] Edited by Gavin

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a Zorua they are willing to part with? I know you can only get it if you got that special Celebi a while back, but I kinda stopped caring about Pokemon for awhile, but ended up getting White. I just decided that I'd like to complete the pokedex for once, but sadly I don't have this guy.

Thanks to Gome, I can provide Zorua eggs to anyone who wants one. If you have a Tepig or a Vullaby, I'd trade for that. Otherwise I don't care what I get.
Also, I can breed Snivy, Tirtouga, or Archen eggs, as well as any other White exclusives. Just an offer I'm putting out there for those who care. :V

In other news, I have collected all but two of the Props for the Pokemon Musical; the Tiara (which you get from doing a two-player musical) and the Toy Cake (which you don't get until the player's birthday). I gotta say, I vastly prefer the Musicals over the Contests in the other games. It's a nice diversion that doesn't take a butt-ton of planning beforehand just to participate in. Edited by Miss Anonymous

[b]Thanks Nony (I love your new name by the way,) I can't actually get a Vullaby though so is there anything else you want besides that or Tepig? I don't know when I can trade with you though, but save one for me if you can. I can't trade over my Celebi anyways unless I get a second DS somehow.

My team is finally starting to come together so I'll probably post them up soon.

Also, does anyone have any tips for the last two gyms without spoiling much? I'm trying to work on training to get the 7th badge right now.

And is it just me or is this generation of Pokémon beaten much faster than the others? I don't remember getting through HeartGold this fast.[/b]

Yah Zorua eggs! I started with white and have only just beaten the final gym, so I don't have a Mandibuzz, and I started with Oshawott so I don't have a Tepig either... I can see about getting my friend to hustle through black but there is a lot of stuff that happens between twist mountain and route 10. I've got anything from white up until post-Pokemon League, and I think I have a Gothita from black that I used so that I could find some Light Clay (5% chance of being held by a Golett but I ended up with two) that I can trade.

The final two gyms weren't that bad for me. Ice types have four weaknesses, and there are only three of them in the entire game all of them are pure Ice so you don't have to worry about any weird type combination's... I used my Larvesta to steam roll the whole gym. The Dragon gym was tricky for me, I had caught a Cryogonal for ice beam but its defense is to so terrible he would get one shot so I just sucked it up and used attacks that did normal damage. Also, the level difference between the seventh and eighth gym isn't that big and some plot happens between them so I didn't do any training for the gym at all, my battlers were all about 42.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Finally got my hands on a Tepig so I should be able to provide the latter and Oshawott to those who want them, as well as the missing elemental monkeys.

Team is coming together somewhat nicely although I may change the line-up. Just about to go thrash the third gym-leader.

Dewott - 28
Pignite - 28
Gigalith - 27
Herdier - 26
Musharna - 26
Blitzle - 26[/size][/font]

My friend traded me a Vullaby last night so I can trade you whenever!

On another note, I like Volcarona whole bunch, so I've been using my Larvesta as my fire type. I got really sad when I looked at Bulbapedia and learned that Larvesta doesn't evolve until level 59. I do have a Darmanitan at a fairly high level that's a billion times more powerful than Larvesta, and I was wondering if the Elite 4 and N are difficult enough to warrant a change in my line up?

Well, I just bought this yesterday, so hooray!

I beat the second gym leader this morning. Nice surprise to see some diversity in here. :p Now I'm whoopin' all the Team Plasma members who are hanging around the forest. Good times.

My team at the moment ...

Lv. 19 Dewott (Katsushiro)
Lv. 18 Sawk (Bruce Lee)
Lv. 17 Blitzle (Wrath)
Lv. 16 Pansear (Stirfry)
Lv. 15 Lillipup (Cesar)
Lv. 12 Pidove (Dumbass)

Only the top three will likely remain in my party. Whenever I find a better fire type (who knows when [i]that[/i] will be), Pansear is gone, because it kinda sucks. I don't really care for normals; I just caught Lillipup so that my rivals wouldn't embarrass me at the beginning by catching more Pokemon. Pidove will be ditched when I find a better flying type.

EDIT: It occurs to me that this whole post would send Team Plasma into fits of rage. Whatever, screw those guys. Edited by Shinmaru

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I should be able to breed you a Tepig to replace Pansear Shin given the latter's a fairly rubbish 'mon, I held on to mine long enough to evolve it and then just chucked it in my box. I'd consider holding on to Lilipup, he doesn't look like much but his evolutions Herdier and Stoutland have definitely earned their place in my squad for the foreseeable future. Currently debating whether to replace my Zebstrika with a Joltik, though I may hold off until I can level up an Eelektross competitively. Have to admit, I'm kinda disappointed by a lot of the 'mons in the game, feels like the decided to just do new versions of a lot of Generation Is without adding in some interesting new type combos.

[b]Pal-Pad:[/b] Gavin 0218 0496 4597[/size][/font]

[quote name='Shinmaru' timestamp='1301512672' post='706118']Whenever I find a better fire type (who knows when [i]that[/i] will be), Pansear is gone, because it kinda sucks.[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]The Litwick line is Special Attack murder, I recommend it. The only downsides are its defense stats aren't very impressive and you won't actually be finding any until sometime around the sixth Gym. In the meantime, your Pidove and Sawk should be able to handle Burgh's gym, so you can go ahead and just ditch Pansear if you find anything else decent.[/font]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I second Litwick; I fell in love with its final evo [Chandelure] and had to have one. I use it more than I use my starter, which is a first.

But yeah, the elemental monkeys [I lol'd at "Stirfry", btw] lose their usefulness after the first gym. They're really not that good.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Gavin' timestamp='1301513991' post='706120']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I should be able to breed you a Tepig to replace Pansear Shin given the latter's a fairly rubbish 'mon,[/size]
[/quote][color="#696969"]
*blinks*

Did you [i]really[/i] just shorten Pokemon to 'mon? [i]Really?[/i]

In other news, many of us have beaten the Elite Four and are looking for something to do!

[b]OTAKUBOARDS POKEMON GYM LEADER TOURNAMENT[/b]

I'd like to hold a tournament for everyone here to participate in (myself included). It would be a round robin tournament consisting of 1v1 Type-based Matches (6 Pokemon Party). Legendaries and Ubers are allowed but discouraged. The only requirements are the team of 6 Pokemon you enter must not change throughout the entire tournament and every Pokemon in your party must have 1 type in common. If you're interested, just reply here with what Type-based team you'll be making! Once we get enough people we can go ahead and start. If the tournament is successful we could follow it up with a 2v2, 3v3 or Rotation tournament as well.

I've spoken to a few of my friends IRL and I've gotten a few interested. Here is the type teams we have being assembled so far (don't let this discourage you from using your favourite type, we can have doubles).

Ghost Team
Electric Team (myself)
Dragon Team

So what does everyone think? Gogo tournament?[/font][/color] Edited by White

[quote name='White' timestamp='1301525697' post='706126']
[color="#696969"]
*blinks*

Did you [i]really[/i] just shorten Pokemon to 'mon? [i]Really?[/i][/color]
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Yes, yes I did. Old habit.

Gym tournament sounds good, although I've never competitively battled before. Never really had the desire to raise a squad of level 100 perfect EV/Nature 'mons before.[/size][/font]

I shorten it to 'mons myself every now and then. I don't think it's that bad. :V

Also, I'll totally participate in this tournament deal. I think it'd be nice if we could set a level cap or something though; something that's not 100, 'cause that's a lot of work.
I'd love to specialize in a Dark team. Or, if someone else really wants to do Dark types, I can also default to Grass if that works out better for everyone else.

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]I'd like to participate myself. If we do end up doing it, I wouldn't mind taking on the Flying or Ice-type slot (I'd prefer Flying if someone is dead-set on Ice).
[/color][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][color="#696969"]I just think Pokemon is short enough. XD

The nice thing about Black and White is it makes your Pokemon all the same level. You just need to get the move set you want each Pokemon to have and they'll all be balanced at Level 50. It does this for IR anyway... I haven't attempted it with Wireless but hopefully it does it there too. I don't think any of us are intense enough to get perfect EVs/abilities/etc... I know I'm too lazy for that crap I just catch my Pokemon and go. If you want to put in that effort, by all means. lol

In the event that the levels aren't balanced for us, I think something like lv60 would be good.[/color][/font]

Oh yeah, there is that whole level cap thing. Eheh. :sweatdrop: Well if that works over Wifi then great! That'll help out a lot.

And I'm lazy too, no worries. Although I'll probably put more effort into my Gym Leader team than I normally would. Gotta start planning!

[font="Comic Sans MS"]I think I have most of a Dark-type team already assembled. I'll just have to transfer a few from SoulSilver and I'll be ready to go. I'll be using at least one Uber, though. I never leave home without a Tyranitar. Also, I believe White already said that duplicate team themes are allowed, so you can go ahead and still do one if you want, Missay.

Oh, so I got my 3DS's wireless all set up now and my Friend Code is gonna stay the same from now on, I think. Trainer name is Irene, but it'll probably just be easier to remember who I am if you enter me as Ace.

Code: 1893-1050-9154[/font]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I'd love to participate, but I'm not sure I'd have the time or the patience to do so...school usually drains so much out of me and I've never been a real competitive battler. We'll see, I guess.

EDIT: I guess I'll throw my weight in and see what I can do. I'll either go with Ghost or Psychic; my Chandeulre is my baby, but my main team already has Victini, Starmie, and Gothitelle, so.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]50 sounds pretty fair, with a bit of Audino grinding it shouldn't be that hard to level up a six-man squad of the same type. I wouldn't mind doing Fire, Psychic or Steel.

For a laugh we could eventually do our own little OB 'mon RPG where people stand in as variously levelled gym leaders from 1-8 and then have an Elite Four and Champion.

@Shin, I have that Tepig if you want it. Also bred an Oshawott that I'll trade for a Zoroa or Snivvy, have an Archen as well that I'll trade for the other fossil 'mon.

[B]Edit[/b] Just OOC, is there any way to check if any of your Pal-Pad friends are online ?[/size][/font] Edited by Gavin

Made some more progress in the game. Just beat the fifth gym leader and am getting ready to go through Chargestone Cave. Beating the snot out of Team Plasma has yet to get old.

My team right now:

Lv. 33 Dewott
Lv. 30 Sawk
Lv. 29 Krokorok
Lv. 29 Darumaka
Lv. 28 Zebstrika
Lv. 18 Herdier

The first five are basically my team right now. Not sure how many other changes I'll make ... definitely want that ghost mecha later in the game, though. That Pokemon looks freakin' boss.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Crickey you've caught up quick Shin (or maybe I'm just slacking off). Just finished up Chargestone Cave myself, and yeah, beating up Team [strike]Rocket[/strike] Plasma never loses its appeal.

Samurott - 40
Emboar - 40
Stoutland - 38
Musharna - 38
Zebstrika - 38
Gigalith - 38

They'll probably be 42/43ish by the time I challenge the gym leader, as a rule I like to have five or so levels on his/her highest mon even with a type advantage just incase anything weird happens. Whitney and Roll-out are still affecting me years on.[/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Gavin: I'm in metagame and I love playing Breeder, so I can get you a Zorua and a Carracosta for an Archen and an Oshawott.

Also, I've learned that if you use Flat Rules, all Pokemon under Lv. 50 will keep their levels, but all Pokemon over Lv. 50 will be nerfed down to that level. Just FYI on the tourney thing.

Also, since I haven't posted it yet, my FC is 3825-7967-4999.
[/color][/font]

[quote name='Kei' timestamp='1301608168' post='706161']
[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]Gavin: I'm in metagame and I love playing Breeder, so I can get you a Zorua and a Carracosta for an Archen and an Oshawott.
[/color][/font]
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Done. I have them in my box so just let me know when you want to trade, should be on a bit tomorrow. If you send me a message on Facebook I'll probably get it faster.[/size][/font]