OtakuBoards

Second Sight

DeLarge

[center][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][B][U][SIZE=4]Second Sight[/SIZE][/U][/B]

[FONT=Fixedsys]Username: steinbeck_SSRI
Password: ********
Submitting Report...

Re: Research Findings

One in every 5.5 million children is born with an abnormality, a mutation if you will, of the cerebellum, which brings out unusual behaviour in early life. This mutation, if not treated and suppressed correctly, will cause something to occur in the child's mind which they cannot possibly comprehend, a phenomenon which has been theorised and researched in scientific circles for decades, with no breakthroughs ever made, until now.

Tests on the children who suffer from this mutation have yielded some astonishing results - they appear to be more intelligent, more intuitive, their motor functions are much improved, as are their reaction times, and their sensory capabilities excel far beyond any standard children. While we are human, these children are, put simply, superhuman.

These improved skills are not the only effect of this mutation - the children seem to be developing abilities that some would consider to be "paranormal". Some can move objects simply with the power of their thoughts, others seem to be able to understand exactly what the doctors are thinking, while some seem to spend their days walking around in a daydream, claiming they can "see what's coming".

For research purposes, we are calling these children "psychs". We are currently conducting research on the children, and awaiting orders from the government.

[/FONT] [/FONT][RIGHT][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][I]-report submitted by Dr Ana Savage, Second Sight Research Institute, April 1985[/I][/FONT]
[/RIGHT]
[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]
---

First things first: there are seven classes of psych that you need to know about: Pushers, Thinkers, Trackers, Shifters, Pyros, Stitchers and Seers, each with a different set of skills behind them, each special in their own way.

Pushers can move objects with their minds. This can be anything from sliding a coffee mug across a tabletop towards your outstretched hand to hurling a man bodily through a concrete wall without touching him. They are the muscle, the brawlers, and the most aggressive of the psychs, but there's a few with more control than others, who can do things which would make your head spin. Sometimes literally.

Thinkers are a little more subtle. They can poke around in a person's head, pull out thoughts like fishing lobsters from a tank. The more advanced among the Thinker community can do more than just reading, though, from pushing thoughts into other people's heads, to creating complex illusions and using people as their own personal puppets. Only a few are skilled enough to do this, though, and even fewer are twisted enough to actually try it.

Trackers are sneaky bastards - they can detect the history of any object as long as they touch it, and once they've got any trace of a biological connection they can track a person wherever they go. I don't know much about how they work, but I do know they're better at tracking other psychs than they are normal people.

Shifters have that one power every slacker wants - the ability to walk through solid objects, and even to teleport if they're good enough. They're able to psychically disengage their own molecules, allowing them to fit their own molecules between those of solid surfaces, or to disperse them entirely and re-assemble themselves elsewhere. Trackers tend to hate them, because the tricksy little fellas are difficult to catch.

Pyros are dangerous. That's all there is to them. They use their thoughts to create and control fire, and each and every Pyro I've ever encountered has a disturbing obsession with their element. One kid I knew burnt down his house, his school and the police station, all in the same day. Some can create fire and make it jump from their hands like a flamethrower, but most can only control it, and need some source to create it - matches, a lighter, that sort of thing. The more creative among them sew home-made flamethrowers into their jackets - weirdly practical, right?

Stitchers are probably the most miraculous of all the psychs. They basically have a very fine version of the telekinesis that Pushers use, allowing them to literally "stitch" together wounds and heal people with their minds. The more advanced Stitchers can even promote rapid cell regeneration in themselves and others, allowing them to heal most wounds pretty quickly.

Finally, Seers tend to be the most tormented of psychs. They can see time in all its majesty, stretching off into the distance and tailing along behind - they can see past, present and future all at the same time, calculating variables to determine which outcome is most likely in a certain situation, and all in a fraction of a second. They see people's personal timelines, too, and the convergences thereof - they could see if you were going to meet someone, and how they would change your life. But this is a huge responsibility, especially for some of the younger psychs, and it can drive them out of their minds. Seers usually see just fractured images of the future, and therefore they usually need some way of focusing their talents, the most popular being drawing, lending the Seers their less formal nickname, "Sketchers".

A government initiative, codenamed "Second Sight", made up of scientists, researchers, parapsychologists and a large military contingent began to track down these psychs, whatever their age, and recruit them to become the USA's new first line of defense: psychic supersoldiers. Second Sight was headed by an enigmatic man simply known as "Franklyn", a figure with immense political and economic sway within the US government.

I was a part of one of Second Sight's Psychic Assault and Reconaissance Teams (PARTs), until we were shut down in the middle of a mission to Siberia and left for dead.

Only we didn't die. It's been a year, and now I want answers.

Are you with me?

---

Welcome to Second Sight, my new science fiction thriller RP. I think things are relatively straightforward, with everything laid out in the above section, but I'll just iron out a few details.

First things first, this will be a fairly short RP. I know people get busy, and I've had problems with RPs that I've planned to last a long time in the past, so this will be something to take up a few weeks, maybe two months at the most depending on people's dedication to posting. However, there will be the possibility of one or more sequels if we get really into it and involved in our characters.

We will be playing the part of the PART 1, the original and best Psychic Assault and Reconaissance Team, shut down by the Second Sight Institute and left for dead, and now out for answers and revenge, not necessarily in that order. The team is made up of one of each different class of psychic soldier, namely one each of the following:

Pusher
Thinker
Tracker
Shifter
Pyro
Stitcher
Seer

My character, leader of PART 1, is a Pusher, but the others are all up for grabs. I need six people who can create a team with good chemistry together, we need a certain amount of camraderie between them, otherwise the story won't work.

Anyway, here's what I need from you:
[B]
Name:[/B] [simple one]
[B]Age:[/B] [another simple one, old enough to be a part of a government-funded assault team, but not too old. Ideally between 21-50]
[B]Gender:[/B] [and another]
[B]Role Within Team:[/B] [choose from the roles listed above]
[B]Abilities:[/B] [this will be partly covered by the above section, but this is where you describe how finely-honed your abilities are. For example, at a low level Shifters can pass through solid objects, but at a higher one they can teleport themselves great distances; low-level Thinkers can read thoughts but high-level ones can create or wipe memories. Let us know how good you are!]
[B]Physical Appearance:[/B] [picture or description is good, both would be fantastic]
[B]Personality: [/B][what are you like? This will have some relation to your class, for example Pushers are more aggressive than the quieter and more passive Thinkers, Stitchers are generally pretty caring, while Pyros are, more often than not, pretty near psychotic]
[B]Weapons:[/B] [sure, we can do crazy stuff with our minds, but sometimes there's nothing more effective than a gun. Keep it to modern weapons, guns and knives rather than swords]
[B]Other Skills:[/B] [anything not covered by your abilities, for example close-quarters fighting, lockpicking, that kind of thing]
[B]Writing Sample:[/B] [give me a snippet of reasonable length describing an attempt by Second Sight agents to take your character out, and how you escaped. There's been a year between the attempt to shut the whole team down and the beginning of the RP, so you can be in any location and any situation, just use your abilities to escape or fight back. You can have some fun with this, so go a bit wild]

Here's my character as an example:

[B]Name: [/B]Alexander "Alex" Graham
[B]Age:[/B] 29
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Role Within Team:[/B] Leader and Pusher
[B]Abilities:[/B] Alex is a fairly powerful Pusher, but he doesn't have the greatest level of fine motor control. He classes himself as a "brute force" fighter, able to throw around a lot of weight (the heaviest thing he's moved was a family-sized car, which he managed to throw through the air), but he struggles to exercise any fine control. While more skilled Pushers are able to pick locks and fix watches with their telekinesis, Alex cannot carry out tasks that delicate, much to his frustration.
[B]Physical Appearance:[/B] as attached
[B]Personality: [/B]Alex is a fairly aggressive person, particularly after the numerous attempts on his life by Second Sight, but he is still able to crack wise and make jokes with the team. However, once he is faced with danger, he immediately slips back into his "leader" role, organising the team tactically and fighting with great ferocity and skill. Usually fairly good-natured and incredibly talkative, he does have a short temper and is prone to flying off the handle when someone makes him angry.
[B]Weapons:[/B] As Alex's ability is an offensive one, he usually sticks to using a pair of handguns and a hunting knife.
[B]Other Skills:[/B] Alex is a competent tactician, able to co-ordinate and command his team to carry out their missions. He is also an excellent hand-to-hand combatant and short-range marksman.

[B]Writing Sample:[/B]
Alex's boots slapped heavily on the concrete floor of the parking structure as he ran, occasionally looking over his shoulder to watch out for his pursuers. Three men dressed entirely in black, including black balaclavas were following him, hi-tech, lightweight automatic rifles levelled at his back as they moved. As Alex turned, he felt the green laser sight of one of the rifles flash across his vision, and dropped to the floor as a burst of automatic fire made the wall ahead of him explode into concrete dust. He flung his hand out, sending a pulse of telekinetic energy at the soldier's legs, which suddenly flew out from under him, sending him to the floor.

Alex scrambled to his feet, slamming a second wave of energy into the locked door in front of him, smashing it down as he ran through it. Two of the soldiers headed towards him, drawing a bead on him, and with a flick of his hand the door flipped back up into position and took the brunt of their shots. With a final thrust of his hand, the door flew outwards, glancing off the shoulder of one of the men and knocking him to the floor. Alex smirked and turned around, only to be faced with another soldier, handgun levelled at him, in the next section of the parking structure. Alex outstretched his right hand, stopping the handgun-wielding soldier in his tracks, and reached his left hand behind him, doing the same for the soldier behind him. Holding them both in place, he took a few deep breaths before pulling his left hand back to a level with his right, and dropped to the floor, sending the man behind him flying into the man in front of him.

He got back to his feet as the soldier he hit with the door did the same, drawing his handgun and aiming it at Alex's head. Alex rolled his eyes and placed his hands on his head.

[B]"This is the drill, right?"[/B] he asked,[B] "You arrest me and take me back to Second Sight?"

"Negative. We are on shoot to kill orders,"[/B] replied the soldier, his voice crackly and electronic through his mouthpiece.

[B]"That's a shame,"[/B] replied Alex with a smile, [B]"See, if you were just going to arrest me then I'd go with you, then escape later, but if you're going to shoot me then I'm going to have to take you out."

"How do you intend to do that? You're out of tricks, Graham."

"Almost. And you're standing in a very, very stupid place," [/B]Alex said with a smile, clenching his fists and driving them down sharply. The ceiling above the soldier began to crack, sending a few small chunks of concrete down onto the soldier, who flinched, expecting more. When nothing more happened, he turned to look at Alex again.

[B]"What was that supposed to do?"[/B] the soldier asked sarcastically.

[B]"Oh nothing. Just distract you long enough for me to do this," [/B]grinned Alex, swinging his right hand from the right to the left, sending a parked car rolling into the soldier, the tonne of metal continuing into the opposite wall, trapping the soldier between the car and the concrete. Alex sauntered over to the groaning, injured soldier, clearly a little exhausted from his efforts.
[B]
"You took my life away,"[/B] he whispered [B]"And I intend to repay the favour. Make sure the higher-ups know that I'm coming for them, and soon."[/B]

Alex walked away, abandoning the scene of destruction he had caused, and preparing to put his plan into action.

---

That's all I need from you. This isn't first come first served, if two people sign up for the same position then the better one will win. So, if someone has already signed up for the position you wanted then don't despair, you can still have a go!

I think that's it, if you have any questions then please don't hesitate to PM me, but until then, happy creating!
[/FONT][/center]

[font=georgia][B]Name:[/B] Natalie Callahan
[B]Age:[/B] 24
[B]Gender:[/B] Female
[B]Role within team:[/B] Pyro
[B]Abilities[/B]: Natalie is a high leveled Pyro... when she's in her right mind, that is. She cannot create fire, however at the hint of a spark, she can take control and create massive flames. But, Natalie's fine-tuning doesn't count for anything, when she's angry. When she becomes enraged, she loses her control and will fight until she exhausts herself or is talked back to normal. Natalie naturally specializes in offensive maneuvering, relying on the sheer overwhelming nature of her powers.
[B]Physical Appearance:[/B] [URL="http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b44/StaticAnonymity/2007-08-18-68033.jpg"]clickity click[/URL], without the eyepatch, and more normal clothes, but alway with gloves. 5'7", athletic build.
[B]Personality:[/B] Manic and neurotic, and a huge flirt. She loved her place on the team, and loves her power, always looking for an excuse to use it. She has a cold sarcastic streak and happens to be a great liar. She has little regard for people, preferring to use them to meet her own ends, with the exception of her teammates whom are the few people she is willing to risk her own life to protect. Unpredictable and more than a little unhinged, it's hard to say what will make her angry and what won't. When in battle, she is ferocious and cruel.
[B]Weapons:[/B] A single handgun.
[B]Other Skills:[/B] Natalie is decent at hand-to-hand combat, but because of her small size she is usually at a disadvantage. She generally has to rely on her uncanny ability to lie her way out of most situations when she is unable to use her powers, and then take people by surprise.

[B]Writing Sample[/B]
Natalie stood up from the table at the little Cafe and tossed the change for her coffee down. She stretched for a moment, looking up to the clear blue sky as she pulled her light pink hair into a loose bun. Rather than enjoying the Barcelona scenery, her eyes swept over the area, surveilling it. Natalie didn't sight-see - she scoped.

She headed in the direction of her hotel, flip flops slapping on the cobblestones, echoing down the old alleyway. She walked slowly, ears alert, always listening, waiting. It had been months since she'd encountered any Second Sight Agents, and she had been aching for a fight. Natalie was very confident in herself though, and had no reason to believe that they even knew where she was. She may have been impulsive, but she wasn't stupid and she had kept a low profile ever since the incident in Columbia. She smiled as she thought of it. She could almost feel the warm lick of flames on her hands, the smell of smoke and smouldering twisted metal, of fire and burning flesh.
[I]It's been too long.[/I]
She thought, clenching her fists tightly. She missed the thrill of the fight, the rush of adrenaline when she used her powers.
Natalie stepped into the elevator of the hotel, and selected her floor, while admiring the smooth lacquered floor of it.
"7th floor." The elevator announced, moments later.

[I]I wonder how fast it'd burn..?[/I]

She wondered to herself as she stepped off and headed to her room. Natalie stopped at the door and inserted her keycard. The lock clicked and she pushed the door open, letting it slam shut behind her. She dropped her purse on the floor and kicked the sandals off her feet.

"Callahan."

A voice came from behind her as hands grabbed her own and wrestled them behind her back.
Natalie's eyes flashed in anger and she automatically tensed her fingers as if fire would ignite from them. The voice boomed with laughter, holding her more firmly now.

"There's a reason we took you by surprise, Callahan. We were briefed on you."

"Oh how nice for you. Guess they had to make it a more even fight." Natalie replied.

More male voices joined in the laughter, and two more agents stepped out from the shadows of her room, guns trained on her. Her wrists were roughly forced into cuffs and she was now being held by one hand on the cuffs, the other holding a knife to her throat.

"I assume you know why we're here." the voice of the Knife stated, pressing it into her flesh.

"You were the dumbest people Second Sight could find." She calmly replied.

More pressure applied to the knife.

"You don't want to fuck with us." The Knife continued.

"That's my line, fucker." Natalie answered.

More laughter. Although she kept perfectly still, her eyes were scanning the room for any source of a spark. They were smarter than she'd accounted for - they'd unplugged all the electrical devices in the room.

"It's the end of the line, Callahan. We're under very strict orders. You are not to leave this room alive."

The Knife pulled the blade away, and pushed her into the middle of the room, drawing his own gun. Three guns now pointed at her. She was running out of time.

Natalie, now surrounded, grinned at her captors, as they moved in for the kill.

Natalie had a trick up her own sleeve - as she felt the metal handcuffs around her wrists, she had a small flint piece in her back pocket.

"Oh no, Mister Knife, don't do that!" She cried out mockingly, stalling as she slowly moved the piece of flint she always carried with her up her back pocket and closer to her wrists.

"It's been fun chasing you down, girly." replied one of the soldiers.

Sights of the guns were poised on her, as the stone piece moved up out of her pocket, and struck her handcuffs, creating the small spark she needed.

"It certainly has." She giggled. A chain of flames formed around the handcuffs. Before The Knife could utter a single word, the chain expanded, suddenly becoming a wall that hurled itself at the agents.

"Suck it." Natalie added as the flames exploded in a fury, throwing the team back. She took advantage of their surprise, kicking open the door and tearing out of the hotel room, opting to take the stairs.

Even wearing protective armour, her catching them by surprise meant that they were seconds behind her, and it was too late. In her handcuffed hands, she held tiny flames.

She burst out of the back door of the hotel, only moments ahead of the agents. She dashed around a corner and turned to face them, hands still cuffed behind her back. They opened fire, but the flames she held stretched out in front of her, shielding her from the bullets. She laughed without humour. Flames shaped like snakes, with blue centers, lazily wreathed around the legs of the agents, as they stood paralyzed. They called out in agony as the flames licked up the metal, melting it and leaving only vulnerable flesh. Natalie laughed more and more as the flames ate up all they came into contact with. Her powers only increased as they screamed. Natalie took a few steps backwards as the flames intensified, basking in the orange flow. She reveled in the pain, the absolute power, surrounded by rock, the soldiers had nowhere to go and had prepared no defense. Natalie grinned in the face of her inevitable victory, as the world seemed to go black around her, engulfed in her fiery retaliation.

It was only the smell of charred, smouldering carcasses that brought her to her senses as the sound of the fire rescue team seemed to be coming dangerously close. A dim ember still glimmered in her hand. Quickly, she sharpened the flame to that similar to a torch, and broke apart her cuffs.

"It's been a blast, gentlemen." Natalie grinned, and patronizingly bowed at the now pile of ashes sitting amongst armour and helmets on the ground of the alley.

[I]You will pay for challenging my power. [/I]

She reassured Second Sight.

[I]Don't fuck with me.[/I][/font]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B]Name:[/B] Peter Chiasmus
[B]Age:[/B] 23
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Role Within Team[/B]: Shifter
[B]Abilities:[/B] Peter’s ability to shift is phenomenal; he can phase through most solid objects without so much as a thought, and travel between full cities with only moderate difficulty. He even has fine-tuned control, capable of staying disassembled for elongated periods of time to take advantage of the invulnerability of being mid-shift and is able to shift up to 7 people at a time, albeit he needs to have some physical contact with whomever he is shifting and the more people he's moving, the shorter distance he can travel. Unfortunately, due to his personality type, his power can often be as much of a danger as it is a gift to his allies in a cinch. Also, when Peter becomes highly frantic, he shifts in quick bursts, reconstructing and deconstructing himself in infrequent intervals.

[B]Physical Appearance[/B]: [URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/Reizou/348528.jpg"][Peter, on the right in his usual outfit, the only difference being the tie is a solid black][/URL]He tends to also wear a black fedora with a white band just above the brim, as well as Ray Ban aviator sunglasses.

[B]Personality[/B]: Peter is flighty and self-serving. If there’s an opportunity for him to get ahead, he won’t hesitate to take it, even at the expense of others. This trait is even more prominent in dangerous situations, where Peter is liable to abandon his team if the chances of his survival seem abysmally low. Due to this mindset, Peter is extremely clever and crafty, able to reason his way out of situations and to deceive anyone at anytime. However, in his defense, over the past year in hiding and recovery with his team, he has become a much more loyal team member and faithfully obeys most of Alex’s orders. His negative traits also don’t keep him from being amiable and kind to his teammates and anyone else he comes across.

[B]Weapons:[/B] At all times Peter keeps his two trench knives at the ready, but he also has two handguns at his disposal as well—one silenced and the other without modification.

[B]Other Skills:[/B] Peter is skilled enough in most arts, capable of holding his own in hand to hand combat, and providing a pretty good shot at any distance. His real ability, however, lies in espionage and reconnaissance, obviously augmented by his power.

[B]Writing Sample:[/B] Peter couldn’t help but throw his hands behind his head and let out a long sigh; California was lovelier than he remembered it. Granted, he had only been once at the age of 10, when his parents took him and his sister on an impromptu road trip from New York to sunny Cali. The imagery of bright sun and crystal clear skies had stuck with him throughout his life, even as his powers developed and his life went from hectic to hell. So why wouldn’t he take advantage of his ‘extended vacation’ by visiting those glowing beaches—[I]and glowing ladies[/I], he thought coyly as a young lady danced by in her bikini top and shorts. Alas, this was the life.

Satisfied with his mental aside, he adjusted his fedora, straightened out his open, billowing blue and white plaid shirt, shoved his hands into the pockets of his black dickie shorts and then rounded the corner and entered into a hotel building. He had been staying at this particular hotel for roughly a week now, which meant it was time to get together his constantly packed belongings and switch to a new one. Even though his last run in with Second Sight agents had been a couple weeks ago, he didn’t want to risk having to escape from them again.

[B]“Those fellows really do know how to dampen a man’s free time”[/B], he mumbled under his breath whilst shaking his head. He gave the bell hop a two fingered salute, walked down a hallway until he was out of sight, and then shifted into his apartment. He had barely reconstituted himself when a bullet clipped his left arm.

[B]“Eff!”[/B] He shifted away instantly, reforming the alleyway next to the hotel. Unfortunately for him, as soon as he was there, a series of bullets whizzed down from above, narrowly missing him. Biting down in irritation Peter simultaneously reached into his pockets and shifted again. The soldiers perched along the fire escapes and rooftops waited patiently for Peter to reappear; Peter, on the other hand was quickly shifting from nearby rooftop to rooftop to make sure there were no snipers watching, and to kill any who were. After offing the last sniper, he picked up the sniper rifle himself and shook his head once more.

[B]“If only you poor souls had just left me alone.”[/B] He quickly shot the two soldiers perched outside of his place, then disgustedly tossed the rifle aside. He walked over to the dead Second Sight sniper sprawled out beside him and scowled lightly. To be honest he was tired of having to kill these soldiers. Despite being a constant annoyance in his side—and despite being terrible mood killers—he didn’t feel any particular malice against each individual operative. They were just following orders, which was a suicide order whenever it involved any member of his former team. Frantic, static cries from the dead soldier’s handheld transceiver caused Peter to snap to attention.

[B]“Agent 0! Agent 1! Anyone!? Respond! Where is the target!”[/B] Peter rolled his eyes and picked up the radio. He took a moment to clear his throat and then responded.

[B]“Your cries will never reach your teammates; the target will forever be out of your grasp. If you were wise, you would quit attempting to grasp the intangible.”[/B] Peter bobbed his head, satisfied with his line, and then shifted away again, disappearing only a fraction of a second before a bullet tore through the now falling radio.[/FONT]

[color="#000080"][size="2"][font="Arial"]Name: Lucas Kane

Role Within Team: Stitcher

Abilities: The powers that a Stitcher possesses require extreme concentration. They have to focus on the molecular level. Lucas is very capable at healing his own body, actually able to heal himself from the brink of death. His ability to heal others, though impressive, is limited. He is able to close wounds and stop internal bleeding, but anything beyond that would risk himself. If he exerts himself too much, or he loses concentration, he can actually cause the injuries to backlash on himself. Lucas is considered a wunderkind among Stitchers, but not because of his healing abilities. He was the first to use his powers to cause harm, from stopping a manâ??s heart, or unleashing his powers at a distance to cause lacerations against his opponent. He is able to take a body apart piece by piece if provoked to do so.

Physical Appearance: [URL="http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o159/pjmckrafty/downloadblog.jpg"]Lucas[/URL]

Personality: Lucas plays the role of the braggart. As long as Lucas can remember he has always been a charismatic and playful person. He maintains an optimistic attitude in situation where most people would call it in. He copes with stress and most problems by making smart-ass comments and jokes. Lucas sees himself larger than life and is not afraid to let his teammates know this. He has somewhat of a romantic ideal of heroism that he tries to personify. When someone, especially women, is in need of help, he feels compelled to step in and aid them in any way he can. Though his power has the potential to cause great pain and harm to a person, Lucas doesnâ??t like to use them as such for reasons he will not divulge to others.

Weapons: Since Lucasâ??s power doesnâ??t offer much offensive capabilities, he carries a pistol at all times and has an AKS-47U.

Other Skills:Lucas is probably the least competent in combat out of the entire squad, instead having some of the highest technical knowledge. He can bypass almost any lock given enough time, be it electronic or a conventional lock.

Writing Sample:
Lucas stared down at his glass. He swirled the class of amber liquid. The hotel bar had very few patrons that night, only three others including the bartender. One elderly man was chatting up the bartender at the opposite end of the bar and a stocky man was sitting alone in a booth in the back imitating Lucas with his own drink. The barâ??s lights flickered with the surging storm growing outside. Lucas cast a glance to the high windows that showed the occasional hurried person's feet splash by in the rain.

In between Lucas's alcohol induced buzz and his current mental distance he didn't notice the stocky man rise from his seat in the booth. He didn't notice him slowly approach taking careful quiet steps. He didn't notice the man draw the matte black knife from his jacket. He didn't notice, until it was too late. The blade moved swiftly, and plunged into Lucas's left kidney. He yelped but it was muffled by the attackers hand. The two other attendees ran out of the bar. The knife flashed down and into his right kidney. Lucas surged with pain and went limp. The attacker made his final strike by sliding the blade across Lucas's throat. He let him fall to the floor and pulled a phone and a white business card out of his pocket.

He typed the number, referencing the card a few times and paused. [B]"It's done."

[/B]Lucas struggled through the pain and concentrated. His wounds slowly started to close. After a few moments he opened his eyes.

[B]"Son. Of. A bitch!"[/B] Lucas rasped rolling over onto his back to look up at his attacker. The man's face went ghost white. [B]"Do you know how much that hurts?"[/B] The man stammered for a moment unable to find words.The phone dropped to the floor and he started back peddling to the door. He spun on his heels and lurched forward towards the steps and his freedom.

Two loud claps of thunder rolled by in succession. The man fell dead on the floor. Lucas held the smoking revolver pointed at the body for a moment and then tucked it into his pants. He rose gingerly and stalked over to the man's body. He rolled it over with his foot and keeled, and check his pulse real quick to make sure the man was staying down.[B] "Bit off more than you could chew huh bud?"[/B] He mocked and then spit to the side. He rummaged through the man's pockets and came out with a plain business card with just a number on it. Lucas, still kneeling picked up the discarded cell phone and dialed the number.

[B]"What do you have for me?"[/B] Answered a woman on the other line.

[B]"He's dead" [/B]replied Lucas in the gruffest voice he could manage.

There was a pause as the woman on the other end consulted someone else. [B]"Good, then return to Second Sight to redeem your fee."[/B]

Lucas let the phone drop. Second Sight had hired someone to kill him. He sat there on the floor of the hotel bar for a moment to collect himself. After a while he rose and climbed the steps to the hotel lobby. He hadn't made it two steps into the lobby before things got a whole lot worse.

The basement bar roared, flame shot up the stairs and caught Lucas, throwing him off his feet. He landed, quite luckily, on one of the couches in the lobby and the whole world started screaming. More explosions sounded in other parts of the hotel. Second Sight was trying to cover their tracks. Lucas scrambled to his feet. The room was almost complete wreckage. Half the room was being engulfed with flames. He stumbled towards the door but froze before he could reach it. He heard coughing. He spun to see the young receptionist was trapped under a beam that had fallen from the ceiling. She reached out a hand towards him but faltered and fell flat.

[B]"Damn."[/B] Lucas muttered as he looked between his freedom and the trapped girl.[B] "Damn!"[/B] He shuffled his feet in indecision. [B]"Damn damn damn damn damn!"[/B] He screamed as he charged through the smoke toward the girl. He reached her and checked her pulse. She was alive but unconscious. Lucas grabbed the beam and hefted with all that he could. Groaning in effort he was able to lever it off of her limp form. He picked her up in a fireman's carry and, coughing and wheezing, carried her outside. He laid her on the sidewalk and fell beside her to catch his own breath, the cool rain falling on his face. The sound of sirens approaching in the distance reached Lucas's ears.

The girl coughed and sputtered into consciousness. Rolling over to look at Lucas.

[B]"What was that?"[/B] She asked quietly.

[B]"That."[/B] Lucas drawled. [B]"Is my pink slip."[/B][/font][/size][/color] Edited by P.J. McKrafty

[b]Name:[/b] Eun-Suh Kim

[b]Age:[/b] Twenty-three

[b]Gender:[/b] Female

[b]Role Within Team:[/b] [i]Tracker[/i]

[b]Abilities:[/b] Eun-Suh has a fairly strong control over her abilities as a Tracker. She's able track nearly any pysche with DNA contact as well as the ability to see an objects history with physical touch. Her abilities also can aid her in the discovery of enemy traps, part of the reason her locations remained unknown for so long from Second Sight. She knows how to cover her tracks, and she definitely does a pretty decent job at staying hidden.

[b]Physical Appearance:[/b] [URL="http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/Rurouni922/im_ji_hye21.jpg"]Click![/URL]

[b]Personality:[/b] Eun-Suh is very, very analytical. She enjoys taking in the minute details of almost every aspect to her environment. Because of this, she may seem slightly distracted at most times and she's also very quiet. Eun-Suh chooses to talk on a somewhat rare basis unless she's opened up to whomever. She was on good terms with the team, but its been a year since then. She's generally very stubborn, rarely admitting to needing any kind of assistance or help. Eun-Suh tries to deal with most of her personal problems on her own, but that's not to say she gets in the way of teamwork. Eun-Suh regards her teammates as the closest thing to family that she has. She would never admit it of course, nor tell any of them.

[b]Weapons:[/b] Eun-Suh generally carries and easily concealable handgun to use in case of an "emergency" situation. Most of the time, she utilizes the environment more so than "actual" weapons.

[b]Other Skills:[/b] Eun-Suh is fairly versed in hand to hand combat, studying it since she was a young child, even before Second Sight found and took control of her. As well as close quarters combat, Eun-Suh is a fairly strong practitioner of parkour, which conveniently aids her tracking abilities and performance.

[b]Writing Sample:[/b]

Boston was truly a great city. Nice weather, a great population, and the history, albeit foreign to Eun-Suh was amazing. She had owned an apartment in the large metropolis for some time now, staying hidden from Second Sight agents who were hunting her. She had disappeared from their radar for a good four months now, and it was thoughts like these that only made her smile. Yes, she was starting to smile more often, the paranoia having slightly left. The girl did know, however, the consequences of becoming to lax. Eun-Suh kept up all of her daily security rituals to make sure she wasn't being tracked, and each proved to be successful.

The Korean woman approached the door to the apartment complex she had been calling home, unlocking it and proceeding up the stairs to her actual area. Her hand grasped the brass knob, the recent life of the object dripping into her being. Her mind picked up the feeling of human flesh on the knob about a couple hours ago. A couple of hours ago, she was out in Quincy Marketplace. Had someone broken in to steal something? Or had Second Sight finally gotten smart and sent a fellow tracker to trace her down instead of sending the brutes who did nothing to hide their presence.

Her hand pushed the door open, expecting close to just anything. The young woman clenched her teeth slightly, her muscles tensing. That was one of the things she had been taught while taking martial arts; keep your mouth closed. One never knows when they'll be hit with an upper cut, a closed mouth minimized the risk of losing teeth. Surely enough, as Eun-Suh had predicted, a slight glimmer gave away the attacker and his knife as he tried to swipe at the neck of the "unaware" target. Eun-Suh moved her head back, the knife sinking into the wooden door frame, stuck. With a swift hit to the attacker's wrist, Eun-Suh was able to make him let go of the blade. Picking it from the wall, Eun-Suh looked on as her opponent swung his right arm in a similar fashion. Again, she moved back to dodge, watching as the hand flew past. She knew exactly how to harm the Second Sight agent, especially if he was a tracker. With the need for physical contact, a tracker's hands were left unguarded and without hesitation Eun-Suh sunk the knife into the soft flesh of the man's hand, pinning it to the door frame.

The unnamed assailant yelped as Eun-Suh hammered a hit into his elbow, forcefully dislocating it at the elbow. He cried out once more, turning around just enough for Eun-Suh to get a good grip around the man's neck. She pulled and pulled, and with his free hand he clawed at her grasp. His legs jerked, his eye balls going wide as he gasped for air. Slowly, he was soon realizing his life was ending as his vision tunneled and grew blurry. The man continued to struggle, but with one relentless yank, the merciless Eun-Suh hand ended the man's life right there.

Left in shock for just a moment, Eun-Suh stood there, watching the lifeless corpse. She quickly ran into the apartment, grabbing any necessary materials and hurrying out the door after shoving the body inside the place. If she left, there would be no traces of her. No fingerprints, no identification; she had signed up for the housing with a false name. She wouldn't be tracked, her mission once more becoming clearer in her reawakened mind. The mind of a pysche on the run. That was her role once more, but she was growing tired. She would disappear, but this time ready to reveal herself on the doorstep of Second Sight.

[SIZE="1"][B]Name:[/B] Kain Dakren

[B]Age[/B]: 32

[B]Gende[/B]r: Male

[B]Role Within Team[/B]: Tracker

[B]Abilities:[/B] Kains is one of the most advanced Trackers, his abilities as a tracker have become extensive, but he keeps most of his strengths under wraps from people he doesn?t know due to his paranoid personality. His abilities range from the typical trackers power of simply touching a person and able to locate them anywhere they go, to being able to see through different wavelengths such as inferred and ultraviolet. And since his powers reflect more on his ability to perceive outside the typical sensory means, he can see through illusions that would fool regular people and some psyche people. He is able to track shifters quicker than other Trackers, but can only do it upon moment of reconstructing their molecules into a solid form.

His powers have also become such a natural thing for him that it has developed into pin point accuracy. Able to determine where targets are when he isn?t looking directly at them and throw, or shoot a weapon and hit his target every time. He has also refined his basic abilities to being able to pick out important objects or people currently on his mind or perceived as important at the time. The last known power he has shown is being able to make his specific psyche signature and give it substantial form temporarily so that it can either be thrown, or handed off to his partner in crime Peter Chiasmus.

The only way to tell he is using different sights is the way his eyes dilate and constrict in different ways and changed colors. Such as, if he is seeing in inferred, his pupils will constrict to become more cat like and shift in color to absorb more light in that spectrum

[B]Physical Appearance:[/B] [URL="http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/Sagethefiend/Sparhawk.jpg"][B]Kain[/B][/URL]. His typical outfit looks more like a homeless person, he wears a regular shirt, a thin sweatshirt, then a heavy jacket over it. His pants are typically cargo pants so he can store all the things he needs to tinker. His shoes, however, are specialty made so that they can dampen his foot steps and also have a small compartment that he keeps very small items in.

He has fingerless gloves so he can always touch objects and a black beanie to keep his unruly hair out of his face. His nose is also slightly crooked from being broken once or twice, leaving only a slightly raised bump on his nose.

[B]Personality:[/B] Kain is rather paranoid since he can find damn near anyone he wants, he feels that the same can be done to him. He is on edge most of the day, if not all the time, and this reflects in his constant habit of looking around as if someone is following him and will occasionally let his paranoia come to light by accusing someone of spying on him. Otherwise, he is somewhat childish as he treats daily life as a game, playing a never ending game of hide and seeks and he never loses.

When he gets nervous, which is often, he giggles and quickly suppresses it when it starts to come out. But, when crunch time arrives, he focuses with unbreakable precision and concentration that takes his abilities to their highest point.But, between the paranoia and jittery appearance, he shows he is rather carefree and very playful when not worrying about the government taping his phones. And, oddly enough, his strength of being able to focus at critical times stems from his love for Muhammad Ali, the world champion boxer. During overly stressful situations you can sometimes here him whisper ?Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.?

[B]Weapons:[/B] Kain has a large assortment of knives, varying from clean edges, to serrated ones. Each knife has a small charm attached to the handle, each charm something different in representing different elements or symbols for the world around him. He also carries a modified .44 magnum, allowing it to fire larger rounds at farther ranges.

[B]Other Skills:[/B] His offhand skills revolve around him being a tinkerer; he takes apart and puts together anything he can find, which can easily be just a remote for the television, or vending machine that some person just leaves in a lobby for him to pull apart. Being a tinkerer and knowing the ins and outs of many devices, he is a very devious and skilled puzzle and trap maker. He constantly creates new traps to see their effectiveness and will even rehash older traps and modify them just enough to be effective in a completely different way.

And creates puzzles out of anything he can to provide a challenge to other minds, while keeping his own mind distracted long enough to feel less paranoid. He also likes to leave them behind when he is being followed to baffle his pursuers for sometime later, since it?s the least he can do since he is being hunted. Kain is also rather limber, not anywhere near the ability of parkour, but defiantly enough to squirm his ways into thin and small places and can maneuver around and over people when necessary.

[B]Writing Sample[/B]: [B]

?Oh jeez, oh jeez, oh jeez!?[/B] Kain muttered to himself as he hustled through the alley way. His eyes constantly shifting from one side to the next, to behind him, to above and below him. The color suddenly switched to vibrant green and they constricted absurdly small, to the point where his pupil almost disappeared. His eyes now focused in one direction, he looked to the corner he was coming up too. His vision penetrating the brick wall before him, and revealing nothing standing around that way, his eyes quickly changed back to their mild blue color and he scurried forward. Attempting to out run his non-existent pursuers, or were they very much real? New evidence pointed out that they were indeed real this time.

Kain looked around once more as he proceeded forward. Looking back every few steps to avoid being caught off guard, that?s was a thought that always brought his blood pressure up. He made one more turn and started pulling things from his pockets, several mechanical parts and a small amount of black powder with some small pieces of metal he just scrounged from the alleyway. He reached into an inside pocket of his coat and pulled out a small assortment of tools, he laid the pieces down and began the speed process of building his next little trap. The small pieces clicking together as he pushed them in with his small wrench like tool then used his screwdriver to secure the pieces.

He looked around the alleyway briefly then saw a long piece of thin string, almost like fishing wire. He snatched it up and stuffed it into his pocket before carefully placing the black powder from a small container he carried, and then sprinkled some of the metal shards into the black powder. He started tapping all of his pockets, checking if he had anything for an ignitions source, he found and old zip lighter in his front right pocket and took apart enough of it so that only the spark wheel and flint remained. He carefully nestled the zip pieces beside the black powder then secured the string around the wheel and sealed the whole device with duct tape. In between layers of duct tape, he placed more metal shards on the outside. Once he was finished he placed the device down and tied the string to a storm drain on the side of the building, just at the level where someone?s foot passes through.

He knew, his assailants this time, were very much real. And if he wasn?t clever, he would defiantly not make it out of this one. His eyes shifted once more, this time becoming more cat like and slitted. The hugh of his eyes became bright red and pulsed slightly, he was looking down the way he had come. His new vision providing the ability to see in inferred, heat waves popping out vibrantly and all he could see were the heat of small animals such as rats and some cats. His eyes reverted back and he sighed with relief as he made his way down the alleyway, leaving his pleasant surprise for any poor creature to pass by. He scurried quickly until he came to the alleys mouth and let out a breath as if he was reaching the end of this terrible ordeal. Unfortunately for Kain, it was only the beginning of a very long and bad day.

A figure moved to the mouth of the alley and stared at Kain from behind his sunglasses, the briefly pressed his finger to his ear and spoke words Kain couldn?t hear. With all too much clarity, Kain understood that his number just might be up. His heart thumping in his chest like a war drum, rattling his ribs and making him take shallow breaths. The figured didn?t move what so ever, simply holding his ground. It was enough to keep Kain motionless, his senses suddenly twanged when he heard the sound of footsteps coming up behind the first figure.
[B]
?Kain Dakren, we are going to have to request that you come with us immediately.? [/B]Kain was visibly shaking now, his eyes moving everywhere to determine where the rest were coming from. He knew there would be more than three, Trackers were one of the more difficult to find. They understood the cat and mouse game better than most and were better at escaping; only ones more fluid were the Shifters. He let out a squeak as they approached; Kain quickly took off in the direction he had just come. Running as fast as he could, narrowly avoid his own trap as he skidded into the wall and resumed his run. His shoulder bruised from the impact, but it mattered little when your life was on the line.

He suddenly heard a boom, and felt the concussive wave hit him as his trap went off, he was confident they were all wounded beyond repair, or at the very worst, dead. When he came to the other end, he saw two more standing there, weapons drawn and standing at attention. Kain saw little means of getting away without spilling blood by his own hands. His rapid heartbeat suddenly, and probably unhealthily, slowed down to about twenty beats per minute. He could see the slight beads of sweat on their faces from the warm days sun beating down on them, he could see their fingers on the triggers. He could smell the rank stench of garbage and the body odor off the three men; he could hear the chirp of a small bird and the scurrying of small creatures.

It was all too clear now, everything seemed like it was slowing down to the point where he almost felt he could simply walk past these men and they wouldn?t fire a single shot until he was long gone. That was far from the truth, however, he knew he only had time to draw his weapons and take out his targets. With a fluid, practiced movement, he twisted his body as he reached for his knives, pulling two free with one hand and pulling his magnum free as well. The twisting motion he did caused him to move to one side as he quickly flung his two knives at two agents, his aim precise and lighting fast. The agents loosed shots; the two struck with knives were off dramatically. The knives now jutted from one agent?s head, the other from his chest where his heart was.

The last agent managed to fire a coherent shot, grazing Kain?s left shoulder, but not enough damage to stop Kain from firing his round. The round left the chamber, hitting the last agent in the right shoulder. Destroying his clavicle and shattering his right shoulder as it passed out of his body. The agent screamed and his weapon dropped from his limp hand, he gripped his shoulder with his only usable hand. He turned his head to look at Kain, but only saw a fist come right at his face and knock him out cold. His neck twisted violently and he hit the ground as if he was dead. Kain kneeled down and touched the agent, leaving his mark on the man so he could always find him, then touched his jacket and tie, to leave another imprint in case his clothes were worn by another for some reason. He then quickly retrieved his two knives and took off. He suddenly started massaging his right hand, squealing a little bit as he tried to kneed the pain out of his hand.[B]

?Why does punching people hurt so much? His face was squishy, probably had a metal plate implanted into his face in case I punched him. Those damn government people, always tapping my phone and leaving my front door open?.?[/B] He trailed off in his mumbling as he looked over his shoulder occasionally and disappeared into the crowd.[/SIZE]

[B]Name:[/B] Akida

[B]Age:[/B] 26

[B]Gender:[/B] male

[B]Role Within Team: [/B]Seer

[B]Abilities:[/B] With his initial testing he was deemed as having "for all purposes, no ability to see into the future", but it appears the reasoning for this was this wasn't his ability not being detailed enough, but it being too detailed at seeing into the future. The main problems this caused was an information overflow that stopped him from using this information for any practical purposes, after continued testing it was found he started be able to use this information better until eventually he was put on PART as his ability was seen as "most useful in combat situations", as he had developed the ability to see in extreme detail the next few minutes of time.

[B]Physical Appearance:[/B] [I][URL="http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i123/RyuDx/hei.jpg"]this[/URL][/I]

[B]Personality:[/B] Akida is a rather quite individual but cares for his friends deeply. He rarely stats conversations and at times he does akwardly as he often already knows the result of the conversation before hand, this makes his interactions with people fairly difficult because to him it's always like they've already had the conversation. This can be problematic at times as he might get a little angry at someone for something they haven't said or done yet, or possibly will never happen because he has changed the future by his actions. This also makes him unusually good at consoling people as he can figure out their problem without asking and figure the best course of action before hand.

[B]Weapons:[/B] dual standard 9mm pistols with extended clips. Auto-Retracting grappling line

[B]Other Skills:[/B] Akida never really bothered to learn many skills as he found that he could figure it out by seeing the future most of the time, but before he came to relying on his seer powers he learned a bit of martial arts most prominently Pankration. Another skill he has acquired where he is fairly skilled with is climbing, as well as use of his grappling system, while he does use a fair bit of foresight to help him in this.

[B]Writing Sample:[/B] Akida walked forward, his coat swaying behind him as his pace quickened. "Shit, i knew this was risky" he said under his breath, until now he thought he was about to make contact with an informant that was suppose to tell him the truth about what happened 6 months ago, but now he knew it was a trap.

Akida saw the man he was to meet say "goodbye akida" before a hail of bullets pierced him from the surrounding buildings, he now knew what was going to happen but how to avoid it was his concern, he tried to go back but saw that they would have blocked the streets by the time he got there.

Turning and running down a alleyway he continued to look for a future that would let him escape, they had covered man-wells, had every single building covered and now they knew that he was trying to escape. Gunfire broke forth from a window high up in the alleyway raining down near him, but none would hit, he had already devised a path to run through the gun's spread. Exiting on the next street he quickly drew one of his guns and fired a shot into a nearby window hitting a man in the neck and within 2 seconds 4 more shots rang into different windows making 4 more join his fate.

Akida grabbed his phone hitting redial, which would connect him with his contact.

A cold voice met his ear, "oh hello Akida, i'm sorry to bring this on you so suddenly but i'm afraid our goals don't actually coincide, your fate is inescapable, even for someone such as yourself".

Akida responded "really from as far as i can see you're already set to lose over 50 men and i still won't be dead" and hung up with a sadistic laugh.

firing two more shots into windows Akida continued to run down the street he was on, he knew if he stood in any place for too long he would be cornered to an inescapable degree, as eventually there would be no route to escape, he had thrown some doubt into their commander with his phone call so he would call some troops from the outer area to try and take care of him quicker but would he be able to find a route to the weakened perimeter was the question.

Super tired, will fix any issues later tomorrow... this is pretty much done though.

Name: Sabin Sutherland

Role Within Team: Thinker

Abilities: Sabin has shown promise in using his ability in every way possible. Though he can throw up illusions in an instant, only regular humans seem to be fooled. To trick psychic it necessary for him to concentrate on every detail of everything he is projecting to his victim which takes time he usually doesn’t have while fighting, making this talent one that he uses the least. He is known for his ability to bulldoze into people’s minds and force them to obey his commands, though this often leads to memory loss or brain damage if subjected to his “push” to often. He is also wonderfully talented in picking thoughts from people mind. He is constantly listening to the thoughts of everyone around him making it almost impossible to surprise him, though this gives him headaches. He has managed to gather information from a target 8 miles away though the thoughts were muddled and incomplete. Knowing what thinkers are capable of he has put a great deal of effort into developing a strong mental defense, making all but the most powerful thinks unable to use their powers on him.

Physical Appearance: Sabin has light brown hair that is usually kept around four inches long and is never styled, always messy. He has lightly toasted skin and dark brown eyes. Despite his attempts to stay clean shaven he usually has stubbles that give him something of a 5 o’clock shadow. He usually walks around in comfy clothes like sweat pants and a white t-shirt or a hoodie and baggy jeans if he has to go out. Sabin hates the gym and working out with a passion and refuses to do such things, as a result he only has the muscle that he developed naturally, putting him in the neighborhood of 150 lbs. He has natural good looks and plans on keeping his body in good shape by eating healthy. He usually wears a pair of sun glasses, even when not necessary (some people say that direct eye contact with him will put you at the mercy of his power to push thoughts into your mind, regardless of whether or not he wants to, this is unconfirmed however).

Personality: He always seems confident, even faced mortal danger. He always has an opinion but doesn’t always share his thoughts with everyone. He prefers to avoid work and will sometimes go to great lengths to get out of an assignment. He tends to be very straight forward and sees things as black and white, making difficult decisions quickly which benefit the greater good. He is loyal to his teammates, though some of are a little put off by his constant stealing of free will. In battle he is cut throat and creative, favoring strategies that end the conflict as fast as possible so he can go back to lounging around.

Weapons: Basic hand gun, he is far too confident in his abilities to feel the need to rely on weapons of regular people.

Other Skills: Nothing combat related, if he is in need of a skill, he will us his powers to take control of someone who has it.

Writing Sample: “Wake up, I mad you some breakfast”
Sabin stirred from his sleep, he had had an existing night/early morning with the young woman in his apartment’s kitchen. The smell of bacon and pancakes covered in syrup drifted into his room. He got out of bed and put some pants on, glanced around the room for a shirt, when he couldn’t find one he gave up the search and sleepily made his way to the kitchen.
“Everything’s all set up for you sweetie”
The girl, Naomi, (though Sabin knew her name, he didn’t ask her name last night, he gathered it, along with her purpose via his power to break into people’s minds and steal away their secrets) had put a plate of food in front of him and smiled warmly at him.
“It’s weird though, you hardly have any utensils in this place, just spoon!” Naomi sat down next to him, filling her plate with some of the eggs and a few pancakes.
“You know, you don’t have to pretend like you’re going to eat the food, I know that it’s poisoned” Sabin leaned back in his chair and stared up at water stained ceiling. Naomi jumped to her feet and took a fighting stance. Before she could launch her first punch her mind was assaulted the moment she got to her feet.
[i] Sit back down, do not move or attempt to fight against him any longer, and answer all him questions honestly.[/i] This thought became her very reason for existing, nothing she could do or think could contradict this order given to her, no matter how much she desired. She sat back down and folded her hands in her lap.
“So, Mrs. Naomi, you thought that you could resist me?” Sabin was still looking at the ceiling; everything had gone according to plan. He had recently moved from LA to Paris to avoid agents that were after his life, but upon arriving in his new French residence realized that Second Sight operatives had already arrived as well. He began to frequently go to a bar close to where he lived and pick up girls, hoping for this chance to get an SS operative in close quarters. He knew that they would catch on to his habit fast and try to exploit it, after all whenever they sent regular goons after him he was forced to make them all go crazy, or kill each other off, or send them back to SS head quarters, where they would cause as much havoc as possible. After all, with him constantly reading the minds of everyone around him, it was impossible to sneak up on him, regular soldiers never stood a chance. But this girl was a Thinker who like him had put together something of a mental shield against other Thinkers, and thought that she could get a one up on him… but her defense was weak, and a pro like Sabin knew how to break weak defenses. Once he confirmed that this Naomi was working for Second Sight, he pretended that she slipped past his radar and took her home, conveniently to an apartment that had no windows and who all the neighbors of had be under Sabin’s influence since the first day he arrived, in short no communication (she was even unable to wear a wire, due to the nature of the business they attended too). He had previously emptied the apartment of anything that could be used to deal him an instant death form the apartment and her purse was mysteriously stolen last night at the bar.
So what do you do with a young, attractive Thinker who works for an organization that is trying to do you in, that has no contact to the outside world and has no way of killing you? To Sabin the answer was clear, you sleep with her, listen in on her plan to poison your morning meal with cleaners that just so happened to be on the counter, and then get all the information you can from her and use her like a pawn to make everyone in SS think you are dead.
“I guess I should have known better? You are the great Sabin after all, even the senior Thinkers marvel at your promise” Naomi was managing to be sarcastic even though she was being forced to be honest.
“Well, clearly it’s not enough praise, I’m still a wanted man” He put his chair down on all fours and stared her in the eye “Time for business” Sabin then began to drill her on everything he could think of. For an hour and a half the would be assassin spilled all the beans about Second Sight and their operations. When they were finally finished Sabin got up to and began to clear the table.
“I don’t eat this junk anyway, it’s a wonder you made all this from the little bit of stuff in keep in the fridge” Naomi sat in the chair; it was obvious from the look on her face that she was still trying to fight against his power. “I guess I’m done with you, Mrs. Naomi” Sabin continued to throw the food away “I have one for set of instructions that I want you to follow” the girls eyes got wide in panic. Sabin lowered his voice to a whisper before rambling on “You will report in that you have killed me, when they come to investigate you will use your power to convince them that I am indeed dead, and you will not tell them anything that happened here today. You will then return to Second Sight as a hero and covertly use all of your resources and power to undermine the any other attempted murders on my teammate’s lives. You shall also pass information concerning all of their operations secretly to me and finally you will use your powers to force people to make as many assassination attempts on the higher ups as possible. Should you be found out, you will do everything in your power to cause as much damage to the organization as possible while you are still alive” Sabin watched as the order sank into her brain, nothing she could do could save her from her fate. He packed as many things as he could fit in his backpack, got dressed, grabbed his wallet and keys to his car and headed for the door. “In five minutes you may get out of that chair and do as I have instructed… best of luck.”
The door slammed shut and Sabin was gone.

[U]Name: [/U]Timothy Frost

[U]Age: [/U]30

[U]Gender:[/U] Male

[U]Role Within Team:[/U] Thinker

[U]Abilities:[/U] Tim is a high level thinker with powers specializing in the deception and manipulation genres. His form of thought reading is based strictly on his target's senses. He can see, hear, taste, feel, and smell anything his target is or has recently. This focus n the senses is the prelude for his true works of art, his illusions, Tim creates illusions so complete even most trackers are fooled by the layer of falsehood over items in his range.

Reading his opponents senses however forces Tim to give up his own, making him blind deaf and more when seeing the world through his targets mind. This leaves him extremely open if used in open combat, giving him just one more reason to avoid it. As for his illusionary abilities, he creates images, smells, sounds, and feelings all within his targets mind, blinding the target to what he should be really seeing or hearing etc. Holding more than one target in one of his more complex illusions is extremely taxing on Tim’s mind and often leaves him with lasting migraines.

[U]Physical Appearance: [/U][U][URL="http://www.desktopanimewallpaper.com/images/wallpapers/teru-mikami%20800-789744.jpeg"]Tim[/URL][/U] stands at about 6 feet tall, with dark hair and naturally red eyes. He prefers formal cloths, suits and uniforms mostly, anything to keep him looking professional.

[U]Personality:[/U] Tim is a cold calculating logical machine in aspect of his life. He's an obvious perfectionist, and gets easily irritated with people for creating imperfect situations. When faced with a problem Tim will Calculate the soundest solution, often taking a long time to verify hypothesise and rule out theories before making his move.

In combat he is no different; he logically analyzes the situation and determines which would be the correct course of action. Because of his power's lack of defensive or offensive power Tim prefers the quiet approach, silently eliminating any variables until the formula is flawless. His logical calculating demeanour often puts him at ends with pyro's and pushers because of their passionate or wild attitudes.

[U]Weapons:[/U] Preferring the subtle approach Tim carries a simple [U][URL="http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hk-mk23-2.jpg"]MK23[/URL][/U] pistol with an attachable [U][URL="https://www.ssgtactical.com/elements/product/mk23mfican.jpg"]silencer[/URL][/U]

[U]Other Skills:[/U] Tim isn't very skilled at combat, only knowing how to fight from various martial arts TV programs and maybe a yellow belt here and there in his youth. His true talents lay in his manipulation of words. Tim is a master of turning phrases, bending truths and making his adversaries points work against him or her. One of his favourite pass times is a good debate, poking holes in the logic of those he talks to, and twisting facts to make their initial statements mean the opposite of what they originally desired.

[U]Writing Sample:[/U] Tim walked down the streets of Arthur a small town in south Ontario Canada. Really off the map sort of area. He had just walked to the local grocery store to pick up his food for the week. He had been doing odd jobs around town for about 2 months now, making just enough to pay off his rent and keep up with the groceries. Hoping that Second Sight never found him in this remote place was a false dream, all his information lead him to the conclusion that he would definitely encounter them again. Based on the frequency of his meetings with them, despite his best efforts to become lost, it was inevitable that they would find him again.

As usual Tim arrived home and placed his groceries on one of the chairs on his front porch. Something caught is eye however. He cautiously approached the garage door, the lock specifically. There was nothing especially off about the lock, it was still closed, still in the proper place, and almost exactly where he left it. Tim was always obsessively careful to place he lock facing directly down, with the edges at perfect vertical angles. It was slightly off center, as if someone had opened and closed it without placing it where they ha found it. This both worried and aggravated Tim, he placed things where he did for a reason.

Upon closer analysis Tim spotted the bottom of the lock had a few barely perceivable scratches, it was definitely forced open without the key. He could sense thoughts inside but nothing more acute. Determining there were two people in his garage Tim quickly thought of a plan of attack. Step one open the garage. He slid the key past the tumblers and clicked the lock open, and after removing it from the hinged door he bent over and pulled his garage door open. Surely enough there were two armed S.W.A.T. looking fellows standing in his garage. Well crouching behind a desk and some gas containers but all the same. Tim knelt down, placed his hands above is head, and closed his eyes.

The two Second Sight operatives left their cover carefully keeping their sights trained on Tim. "We have orders to kill Mr. Frost, our apologies." said one of the agents putting the barrel of his handgun to Tim's temple.
"Wait! Where's your partner?!" pleaded the second troop much to the confusion of the first. "Come on! Tell us where he is!" insisted the second agent. Tim had dug into the memories of the agents. He sat in a briefing room, listening to information on himself and his powers, watching a screen with several pictures of him on it, and most importantly seeing an opportunity. In the second soldier Tim built a vivid memory. A second part of the briefing, on his associate and partner in crime, a high level pyro of much higher priority than himself.

Tim's senses came back to him as the second soldier shouted for the third time "Tell us the location of your partner or we'll kill you right now!" demanded the agent. Tim smiled and went to work on his senses. First blocking out the first soldiers voice and movements, s far as the second soldier was concerned the first was staying almost perfectly still. This image locked out the agents real actions, screaming at the second to explain what the hell he was talking about. Finally the last piece of the puzzle, a quick blur ran by the front of the garage toward the side of the building. The second soldier saw his opportunity and ran after the primary target of this operation, as far as he knew.

The first agent cautiously moved after him, and looked around the corner to see where he went. Tim made his move. He ran as fast as his legs could carry him, dashing to the door from the garage into the house he swing open the door and leapt inside as the first agent turned around and fired several shots in Tim's direction. The agent moved forward, reloading his gun, he looked in the door slowly and his heart sunk with guilt as he saw the third soldier wearing the same full body gear as he had on, laying on the floor with several bullet wounds. "You bastard, watch your fire!" coughed the agent bleeding onto the ground before lying back and dying.

The first soldier gritted his teeth and bowed his head as he laid the dead team mate on the ground. He stood up and took a step away before searing pain shot through his back four times. He fell to the ground and struggled through the pain to see his attacker. Tim got up off the ground, his illusion now fading, and the first soldier's vision blurred as he saw his dead team mate reform into Tim holding a silenced pistol. One more shot ended the agent's life.

The second agent started running back into the garage after Tim changed his focus to the first agent’s illusion. By the time he got back Tim had already planned what he would find. The garage had both the first and third soldier's dead bodies on the floor, blood covered the walls. The second soldier checked the bodies to ensure they were dead. As he bent over Tim leaned around the doorway and fired several more shots, some missing, but a few crucial bullets hit the agent in the side and head. Tim grinned only being able to pick up one more set of senses within his house.

The third agent waited patiently by the back door, waiting for Tim to arrive or try to exit unusually. Then the first soldier came back to meet him. "He'd hold up in the garage dug in tight." said the first agent motioning the third to help. They got to the door from the house to the garage. The first soldier ran forward and acted startled upon discovery of blood outside of the door. The blood of the true first soldier who, Tim had shot and dragged into the garage next to the body of the second agent. Tim readied his silenced pistol on the way to the back door, now holding the first soldiers sidearm. He leaned in the door and several gun shots went off. The first soldier leaned back in and urgently motioned the third "He's reloading go go go!!"

The third soldier ran into the garage gun drawn. Stopping when he found nothing but the bodies of his two team mates. He turned quickly, and caught a glimpse of the target as Tim fired several shots into the head of the confused agent. Tim looked around, gathered some extra food, and began walking toward the buss station. The odds of him encountering more second sight agents would decrease exponentially if he left town within the next six hours.

• 2 weeks later...
[size="2"][B]Name:[/B]
Patrick Bellamy

[B]Age:[/B]

[B]Gender:[/B]
Male

[B]Team Role:[/B]
Seer

[B]Abilities:[/B]
The strongest use of Patrickâ??s power is seeing the big eventsâ??the game changers. These events typically involve large global occurrences or life-changing experiences for he or any of his close comrades and friends. Additionally, Patrick can see anywhere from a few seconds up to almost an hour of upcoming events. Sometimes he can see farther into the future of a specific person because their mind is set so determinedly. Any of these events can be changed, simply by Patrickâ??s being aware of the future. However, depending on the various factors of the event or the extent of changing oneâ??s mind or actions, it can become quite difficult to change the outcome of the future, especially the big events. His largest complication is being able to immediately predict how his actions will affect the future.

[B]Appearance:[/B]
[url="http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/6008/5beeb01a3d908a5700da019.jpg"]Click![/url]

[B]Personality:[/B]
After growing up in Catholic schools during his childhood and then being mentally and physically tested in Second Sight, Patrick has a strange obsession with religion, death, and the afterlife. You could say that he believes heâ??s a god of some sort because heâ??s able to see and, more importantly, change the future. He has several bible verse tattoos, wears numerous crosses, and carries a bible. Instead of painting or sketching like most seers, Patrick makes strange markings in his bibleâ??symbols, underlining or circling words and phrases, writing obscure messages or reference numbers, different colors for different predictions and big events, etc.â??that turns it into a complex code that only he can decipher.

Most people would say heâ??s a fatalist, believing that nothing good lasts and accepting everything as it comes. Heâ??s obsessive compulsive and takes great care when it comes to making predictions in his bible. In fact, he spends as much time as possible writing or studying predictions. (On average, he gets 3-4 hours of sleep a night)

Heâ??s nervous and shifty in conversation, but heâ??s able to hold an awkward discourse if he has to. Patrick gets distracted easily and often wanders aimlessly with his nose in his predictions. He has a dark sense of humor and is also quite intelligent, but his personality often leads others to believe the opposite.

[B]Weapons:[/B]
Two handguns with as much ammo as he can carry.

[B]Other Skills:[/B]
Patrick is moderately skilled in hand-to-hand combat and has minor experience with martial arts. Heâ??s an excellent marksman, often reading the future to predict where the target will be when he pulls the trigger. He also has computer hacking skills.

[B]Writing Sample:[/B]
Today was the day and Patrick knew it even before he woke up at exactly 7:47am, just like he knew he would.

Today was the day the men from Second Sight were going to try and kill him. No matter what Patrick decided to doâ??move, change his name, disappear, go to Europe or somethingâ??the big event always turned out the same. They find him, wherever he is. They try to kill him. Thatâ??s all he knew.

He didnâ??t know if they actually manage to kill him because fighting tends to be more fluid. You never know what split-second decisions someone will make in combat. And thatâ??s why Patrick eventually decided to stay put in his home. Well, temporary home. All things are temporary.

Since the event turned out the same no matter where he was, it probably meant that Second Sight had been watching him for some time; learning his habits, places he visits, tapping his phone conversationsâ?¦ Bastards.

But what they didnâ??t realize is that Patrick knew of this event almost three months ago. The only one he hadnâ??t predicted was a year ago when they tried to kill his entire team. So today, on his home turf, was the day that he would redeem himself and fight for his life.

He made some coffee, busying himself while he watched the clock. [I]Only three more minutes, [/I] he thought to himself. His bible and a few days worth of clothing were already packed away in his bag. His ammo, lined the insides of his cargo pants. His guns were taped underneath the table.

Patrick sat down, with his back against the wall, just out of sight from the sniper that would try to shoot him through the window. This way, he could face the door and his other attackers.

[I]Only a minute left now.[/I]

He put some sugar in his coffee and took a sip before setting it down and gripped the handle of his gun. [I]Ten seconds.[/I]

He didnâ??t know why Second Sight wanted him dead. Or why they continued to pursue him even though they knew he would always be a step ahead. All thanks to the training they so kindly provided him with.

Just as the clock turned eight, the apartment erupted in a swarm of energy. Bullets flew all over the apartment, probably only meant to scare him out of his position. The door burst open, and immediately, the force from one of Second Sightâ??s pusher lapdogs tore the rest of the apartment to the floor, his hiding space was open after destroying the wall to his left.

But Patrick kept his calm, he knew that this would happen and prepared a special present for his guests.

The explosion from the bomb finished off what the men had started. Nothing too huge, but Patrick figured he wouldnâ??t be getting his security deposit back. He managed to anchor himself to the heater in his apartment and shielded most of the debris with the kitchen table. And now that the sniper couldnâ??t see him, it was time to make his move.

He moved through the smoke silently and pointed his gun through the cloud, aiming at something only he knew would be there. He closed his eyes, said a brief prayer, and fired. He knew that his bullet met the sniperâ??s body. It didnâ??t matter if it killed him; the fall from the building would.

He continued down the hallway, pausing only once before crossing the threshold to the living room. One of the men who burst through the front wasnâ??t dead. He fired, just as Patrick stopped himself. Then, he reached his arm around the corner, and fired. The thud of his body falling to the ground was proof that he was dead now.

Now, to the bedroom, still mostly in tact and providing enough cover. Patrick grabbed his desk chair and threw it out of the window. The other sniperâ??s fire followed it. He moved into sight while the sniper was distracted and killed him. The falling chair was enough to catch the second man off guard. He was unconscious on the sidewalk below Patrickâ??s apartment.

He grabbed his equipment and moved to the other window, crawling out onto the fire escape. There were two men who were getting ready to start climbing up after him. Good thing he was on the top floor.

He leapt onto the roof of his building, able to walk freely now that the snipers were out of the picture, but the other two men were still on their way. He needed to buy some time.

They didnâ??t come all the way onto the roof. Instead the first man stood on the ladder, using the buildingâ??s edge as cover. Fortunately for Patrick, one man was easier to kill than the other. He took cover behind the stairwell entrance and waited for the man to reload. [I]Three. Two. One.[/I] The fire stopped and Patrick jumped from his position and landed a bullet between the manâ??s eyes.

His partner below him struggled to keep his foothold as the corpse fell, but once it was out of the way, He was free to get on the roof and take the target out. And he was in such a fury, Patrick couldnâ??t tell what he would do. [I] Time to bail.[/I]

He jumped from the ledge at exactly 8:04, just as the city dump truck was passing through the alleyway next to his apartment complex. Some telephone wires broke his fall on the way down. And he knew exactly how to land because heâ??d predicted this escape route the night before, at the precise moment that Second Sight planned out their course of action.

The police squad and fire department would be enough to slow the rest of the men down. Or at least it would attract enough attention to keep them away, but they would follow on foot. Patrick knew that if he stayed in the back of the truck long enough, they would find and kill him. So he jumped out and ducked into the nearest subway exit. [I]I guess itâ??s finally time to see Alex. Heâ??ll be expecting me anyway and I guess I canâ??t argue with fate.[/I][/size]

[size="2"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Alrighty, looks like we have a full cast. It is as follows:

[b]DeLarge[/b] as Alex Graham, Pusher
[b]The Enemy[/b] as Timothy Frost, Thinker
[b]Anomaly[/b] as Natalie Callahn, Pyro
[b]P.J. McKrafty[/b] as Lucas Kain, Stitcher
[b]The 10th[/b] as Peter Chiasmus, Shifter
[b]Afro[/b] as Kain Dakren, Tracker
[b]Darren[/b] as Patrick Bellamy, Seer

Apologies if you didn't get in, all the sign-ups were great but some were just better than others. I will be starting the full Theater thread very shortly, and once I've done that I will start a Backstage thread as well, so keep your eyes peeled. Thanks very much for all your sign-ups, let's hope this is a fun one![/font][/size]