Magus Posted June 3, 2010 Posted June 3, 2010 A little bit of topic thievery today. [quote name='zoombie @ toonzone]It is no secret that in the world of manga / anime there are many male characters that have long hair, wear makeup, and some even wear a female top. And some effeminate characters as well. There is a difference between looking like a girl and being effeminate in my opinion. For example, Umichika from Bleach is one of the more effeminate characters ever, and I have no trouble telling that is a guy. There are some that does fall into both categories. What characters did you at first look either mistake for a girl or had to look twice to be sure?[/quote] [IMG]http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7664/akari02qh3.jpg[/IMG] Akari (Samurai Deeper Kyo) - He hasn't appeared in the anime, at least I don't think he has. (I stopped watching way early) But seeing him in the manga, I swear had they not mentioned that he was a man I wouldn't have ever guessed it. [IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefdV5wdMHGQAZDajzbkF/SIG=12800p38n/EXP=1275672789/**http%3a//photos13.flickr.com/16645611_06d3450f56_o.jpg[/IMG] Souji Okita (Peacemaker) - The way he carries himself in peaceful moments.... If I were never told that he was Okita I would've never guessed it. (I better be on guard with Hakuouki... It's a lot of guys in the series.) [IMG]http://www.animemi.com/images/stories/haku1.jpg[/IMG] Haku (Naruto) - Don't think I need to say anything here. pattypv4 1
Gavin Posted June 3, 2010 Posted June 3, 2010 [font="Tahoma"][size="2"][b]Leonard Testarossa - Full Metal Panic![/b] [img]http://www.jasms.de/anime/fmptsr/leonard01.jpg[/img] No, it's not Tessa... Seriously, it's not. [b]Tieria Erda - Mobile Suit Gundam 00[/b] [img]http://zeitgeistglee.250free.com/Tieria.jpg[/img] Quite a number of the Innovade's count I suppose, Tieria's twin Regene and Healing/Hilling Care.[/size][/font]
Magus Posted June 3, 2010 Author Posted June 3, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Gavin' date='03 June 2010 - 02:52 PM' timestamp='1275591167' post='694420'] [b]Tieria Erda - Mobile Suit Gundam 00[/b] [img]http://zeitgeistglee.250free.com/Tieria.jpg[/img] Quite a number of the Innovade's count I suppose, Tieria's twin Regene and Healing/Hilling Care.[/size][/font] [/quote] When I first saw him I thought he was a guy. However, season 2 I think I walked in and saw him in a dress.... That through me for a loop... I need to finish the 2nd season because I'm still lost with that one lol. Oh yeah, got another one. [img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2263/1902628652_51576cea24.jpg[/img] Kamatari the chain-scythe. O_O Edited June 3, 2010 by Rebellion
Invader Chelsea Posted June 3, 2010 Posted June 3, 2010 [img]http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4789/snapshot20081024115828kn2.jpg[/img] [img]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/0/0b/ShotacatAndPedobear.jpg[/img]
Gavin Posted June 3, 2010 Posted June 3, 2010 [quote name='Rebellion' date='03 June 2010 - 09:33 PM' timestamp='1275597234' post='694441'] When I first saw him I thought he was a guy. However, season 2 I think I walked in and saw him in a dress.... That through me for a loop... I need to finish the 2nd season because I'm still lost with that one lol.[/quote] [font="Tahoma"][size="2"]True enough, I saw him first in the concept art a mate showed me before 00 aired and figured she just had a slender figure, then came the voice and I was like "Oh, OK male then".[/size][/font]
Sangome Posted June 3, 2010 Posted June 3, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Gavin' date='03 June 2010 - 01:52 PM' timestamp='1275591167' post='694420'][img]http://zeitgeistglee.250free.com/Tieria.jpg[/img] [/quote] Tieria~ I love him so much. Anyway, I've grown so used to the concept of traps that I'm rarely fooled by them these days [although I will never understand why Japan finds them so dang hilarious]. That said, there is one in fairly recent memory that tripped me up for awhile: [center][b]Ion - Tales of the Abyss[/b] [img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090307133326/aselia/images/0/09/125pxdoushiion_2.jpg[/img][/center] Girly, petite figure, girly voice [voiced by Ikue Otani a.k.a. [i]Pikachu[/i] in the Japanese version of the game, no less], girly clothes...then they started referring to him with male pronouns. Thankfully, it was early on in the game/anime, so it wasn't a giant bombshell deal later on. Edited June 4, 2010 by Vivian
The Spectacular Professor Posted June 4, 2010 Posted June 4, 2010 (edited) [font="Comic Sans MS"]Bear with me, this is a video game character. [center][img]http://www.fogu.com/hm7/img/marriage/pierre_portrait.jpg[/img][/center] This adorable little blonde magician-looking girl is named Pierre. He is in [b]Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness[/b] and happens to be the resident gourmet and a marriage candidate. Upon seeing his image in the concept art, I was planning to marry him when I got the game. Upon learning his name, I curled up in a corner and shivered for three straight hours.[/font] Edited June 4, 2010 by gallowsCalibrator
Gavin Posted June 4, 2010 Posted June 4, 2010 [quote name='gallowsCalibrator' date='04 June 2010 - 02:35 AM' timestamp='1275615341' post='694496'] [font="Comic Sans MS"]Upon seeing his image in the concept art, I was planning to marry him when I got the game. Upon learning his name, I curled up in a corner and shivered for three straight hours.[/font] [/quote] [font="Tahoma"][size="2"] Bigot. [/size][/font]
The Spectacular Professor Posted June 4, 2010 Posted June 4, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Gavin' date='03 June 2010 - 06:56 PM' timestamp='1275616619' post='694506'] [font="Tahoma"][size="2"] Bigot. [/size][/font] [/quote] [font="Comic Sans MS"]Hey, if they included the gay option in IoH (some Harvest Moons do have it) and named him something less masculine, I probably would have never noticed the difference.[/font] Edited June 4, 2010 by gallowsCalibrator
Humaru Posted June 9, 2010 Posted June 9, 2010 [img]http://www.wlsale.com/images/upload/Image/0040.jpg[/img] Frieza had to be the creepiest villain in all of Dragonball Z except for the first form of Cell(his tail was gross...sucking people dry and opening to swallow androids whole.) Back to Frieza though....the way he spoke, the way he laughed, the way he got mad when things weren't going just fine were all signs pointing towards the fact that he was a woman. Then everyone started referring to him as he and I was just shocked. I was sure he was a woman but I guess I was wrong. [img]http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/I/IC/ICH/ICHIGOKAGE/1248307094_5727_full.jpeg[/img] Another character I was mistaken about was Szayel Aporro Granz from Bleach. I thought he was one of those character meant to sound like a male but reveal he was a woman to everyone when he was getting serious. He was very feminine and he left to go change clothes in the middle of a battle....such a girly thing to do in anime. Again I was horribly wrong on this one but Im glad Mayuri put a sword through his head.
Magus Posted June 13, 2010 Author Posted June 13, 2010 (edited) As I've stated, I stole this thread from another forum and was browsing it today and came across these... I don't know what they're from... Well, here. [IMG]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4580/44137.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/1778/nobra0302c.jpg[/IMG] Creators really have something twisted in their heads. X_X Edited June 13, 2010 by Magus
Desbreko Posted June 14, 2010 Posted June 14, 2010 [quote name='Magus' date='13 June 2010 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1276464549' post='695209'] As I've stated, I stole this thread from another forum and was browsing it today and came across these... I don't know what they're from... Well, here. [/quote] [color=#4B0082]The first one is from Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu and is actually a running joke throughout the series. [URL=http://img4.imageshack.us/i/hideyoshigenderofitself.jpg/][IMG]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3038/hideyoshigenderofitself.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/color]
JaganshiKenshin Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 Kurama of YYH. Until he spoke. Well, I did turn it on for the first time in the middle of the Gate of Betrayal. And he WAS wearing pink. Also, though I didn't take Furiza as female, his rage is somehow womanish.
araina rinu Posted March 20, 2011 Posted March 20, 2011 (edited) [color="#006400"][font="Tahoma"]another common one i believe would be zoisite from sailor moon... didnt help that in english they actually played him off as a woman.... x_x aaaand i cant figure out how to put a picture in off the computer.... sorry![/font][/color] Edited March 22, 2011 by araina rinu
Carousel Posted April 5, 2011 Posted April 5, 2011 (edited) I thought that Anna Respighi, from the anime " Battle Athletes " was a teenage female. But in the third episode of the OAV series, she is invited to bathe together with her female friends. She muses that her mother told her never, NEVER to appear naked before anyone. However, she makes her first exception to the rule, because, as she ponders, " These are my friends, after all ! ". She is betrayed, condemned, and abandoned by all of her female friends when Anna removes her towel and steps into the bathing pool completely naked. Anna unknowingly shows all of the other girls that she was born a genetic male, when her mother has always told her that she was a genetic female, only a little different from every other female ! Here is a picture of Anna Respighi--- [url="http://www.animewallpapers.com/wallpapers/battle/full_7_1024.php"]http://www.animewall...full_7_1024.php[/url] Edited April 5, 2011 by Carousel
Lyndy Posted April 5, 2011 Posted April 5, 2011 (edited) [color="#556B2F"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"][img]http://celestialkitsune.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/screenshots_71571.jpg[/img] Grell from Kuroshitsuji is actually a man. wtf I know of more, but I can't think of them at the moment.[/font][/size][/color] Edited April 5, 2011 by JeJe
CaNz Posted April 5, 2011 Posted April 5, 2011 [attachment=15107:00.jpg] Okay, so he is dressing this way on purpose in the episode, but Tieria from Gundam 00 is definitly a very Girly looking man anyways (hence his ability to fool everyone (except for the person he was supposed to) and it doesn't help that his favorite color is apparently purple.
rotlung Posted April 9, 2011 Posted April 9, 2011 (edited) I was catching up on Air Gear and then i saw this thread.... Had to post this one [color="#FF0000"][link removed][/color] [color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Please don't post links to illegal manga viewing or anime streaming sites in the future; we don't need to be held liable for linking to illegal content. ~Sangome[/font][/color] Edited April 9, 2011 by Sangome
Joey Posted April 22, 2011 Posted April 22, 2011 I think you are all forgetting Mello from Deathnote....
Morbo Posted April 23, 2011 Posted April 23, 2011 Junior from R.O.D. got me for a bit. [img]http://images.wikia.com/readordie/images/1/16/Rod04_59.jpg[/img]
IIISTARSCREAMERIII Posted December 13, 2011 Posted December 13, 2011 [color="#FF00FF"]When I first saw Deidara from Naruto I thought he was a chick lol^^[/color]
Ocaari Posted December 15, 2011 Posted December 15, 2011 Has anyone ever played Tekken? They must know what I'm talking about, great way to get the masses mad. [img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110901161916/tekken/en/images/8/84/800px-Leo_-_Upper_Body_-_First_Outfit_-_T6_BR.jpg[/img] Now that I think of it, I still prefer to take him as a girl.
jayburnt Posted April 2, 2012 Posted April 2, 2012 [img]http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/10/56453.jpg[/img] i think i'm going to start this thread up again with Reiko Yuki from Gilgamesh
Babaa Posted April 9, 2012 Posted April 9, 2012 Haruhi - Host Club. Then I noticed the voice actor was a lady, but I didn't know if it was just one of those anime thangs they do.. Luckily they cleared it up in the first episode. :3; Momiji - Fruits Basket... ehhhh...
Refugee Posted May 31, 2012 Posted May 31, 2012 Haku from Naruto. He totally looks like a girl!(Even Naruto thought he was a girl...) [img]http://i46.tinypic.com/w9jx2d.png[/img]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now