OtakuBoards

Ultimate Anime Showdown

The Tentacle

Some characters just seem as if they were created to go head-to-head with one another despite being in different series.  If you could pit two of them against one another who would they be?

Here are my match-ups:

[b]Spike Spiegel vs. Vash the Stampede[/b] - Spike comes to collect the sixty billion double dollar bounty on Vash's head and comedy ensues.  This one is a no-brainer. 

[b]Rei Ayanami vs. Yuki Nagato[/b] - A tense showdown to see which one of these shy ladies will break the silence and speak first.  Secondary contest will be held to determine which is cuter.  

[b]Deedlit vs. Those Who Hunt Elves[/b] - Junpei, Ritsuko and Airi are now trapped on Lodoss Island after Celcia screwed up the teleportation spell yet again.  Have they finally met their match or will Deedlit be disrobed?

[b]Alucard vs. Vampire Hunter D vs. Abel Nightroad[/b] - The original vampire pitted against not only his own halfbreed son but also a Crusnik, the natural predator of vampires in a triple threat deathmatch of epic proportions. Edited by The Tentacle

[quote name='The Tentacle' date='29 July 2010 - 05:22 PM' timestamp='1280442146' post='698233']
[b]Spike Spiegel vs. Vash the Stampede[/b] - Spike comes to collect the sixty billion double dollar bounty on Vash's head and comedy ensues.  This one is a no-brainer. 
[/quote]

Way back in the olden days when I first joined the OB, I wrote a little story about Spike and Vash fighting against each other.
It just seems like there would be so many funny things going on if those two ever meet.

I'd really have to think about who I would want to see fighting each other. It's been a long time since I've watched anime. :sweatdrop:

I bet you guys have already seen this classic Trigun/Bebop crossover AMV, but just in case, here it is! "Spike comes to collect the sixty billion double dollar bounty on Vash's head and comedy ensues"--yep, that describes the scenario perfectly.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9e_WIoJJnI[/media]

Despite my love of all things Eva, I side with Nagato on the cuteness factor.

[b]Proxy One vs. Motoko Kusanagi:[/b] Start your philosophical discourses! First one who gives an answer that takes less than 10 minutes to explicate loses that match. Winner gets an ice cream.

[b]Yuki Nagato vs. Yomiko Readman:[/b] Whoever successfully reads all of Richard Wagner's prose is declared the "winner". The loser is given the entire [i]Twilight [/i]saga.

[b]Guu vs. Excel Excel:[/b] The person who keeps a straight face the longest shall be declared the victor. Loser has to get acquainted with the village elder's mighty chest hair.

[b]Fafner pilots vs. Eva pilots:[/b] first group to fall into a shame spiral wins the Robot Romanticism award. Loser gets an awkward handshake.

[quote name='Pleiades Rising' date='29 July 2010 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1280463007' post='698264']
[b]Yuki Nagato vs. Yomiko Readman:[/b] Whoever successfully reads all of Richard Wagner's prose is declared the "winner". The loser is given the entire [i]Twilight [/i]saga.
[/quote]

Wow.... I never knew twilight could be such a punishment....

Anyway, My contribution will be:

Sailor Moon VS Wedding Peach: The first to succeed at not whining about the bad guy wins.

Actually, both of them seem to be punishment. Sorry, Yuki and Yomiko. My deepest apologies. I've read some of Wagner's tortured prose, and it ain't pretty (or intelligible, for that matter). Still, as a contest, I couldn't think of anything more strenuous to read than Wager's slap-dash essays. And one more for the road. Motoko, you're up again!

[b]Motoko Kusanagi vs. Lain Iwakura:[/b] A staring contest for the ages. (Especially as Motoko is rendered in the first film.) The winner receives a lifetime supply of Visine eyedrops. The loser gets Kool-Aid crystals blow in her eyes. Edited by Pleiades Rising

[quote name='Pleiades Rising' date='29 July 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1280463007' post='698264']
[b]Guu vs. Excel Excel:[/b] The person who keeps a straight face the longest shall be declared the victor. Loser has to get acquainted with the village elder's mighty chest hair.
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Unfair to Excel because
a) she can't even sit still for two consecutive minutes and
b) Guu's accustomed to wearing the Elder's chest hair.

I propose an ultimate eating contest between [b]Son Goku[/b] and [b]Monkey D. Luffy[/b]. A super-strong alien with a legendary appetite vs. a pirate with an expandable stomach who draws heavy inspiration from his opponent. The showdown would go down in legend.[/font]

Round 2 matchups incoming:

[b]Asuka Langley Soryu vs. Rin Tosaka[/b] - Straight-up catfight to see who is the bigger *****.  No giant robots or Servants allowed.

[b]Naruto vs. Black Star[/b] - Two ninjas-in-training duke it out to determine who is the greatest.  (Hint: It's not Naruto)

[b]Naruto vs. The Principality of Zeon[/b] - Yes, the [i]entire[/i] Principality. 

[b]Gurren Lagann vs. The Angels[/b] - Because Shinji fails and Neon Genesis Evangelion really did need a happier ending.

[b]Revy vs. Jo[/b] - Lagoon Company and the Burst Angels send their best tattooed gunslingers against one another.  Who will be the last badass babe standing?  Expect serious collateral damage.

[b]Lelouche vs. Relena Peacecraft[/b] - The ultimate strategist decides to invade the Sanc Kingdom and topple the world's greatest pacifist from her throne.  Nightmares vs. Gundams in the greatest military melodrama since Gundam Wing.

[b]Sashi vs. Haruhi[/b] - The S.O.S Brigade visits the Magical Shopping Arcade and Sashi schools Haruhi on how to really muck up the space/time continuum.

[quote name='The Tentacle' date='29 July 2010 - 11:22 PM' timestamp='1280442146' post='698233'][b]Alucard vs. Vampire Hunter D vs. Abel Nightroad[/b] - The original vampire pitted against not only his own halfbreed son but also a Crusnik, the natural predator of vampires in a triple threat deathmatch of epic proportions.
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]No idea who the third character is but a match-up between D and Alucard would be rather interesting, although I'm curious whether or not D could deflect Alucard's shots to get into close quarters and then there's the case of whether or not he could draw out enough of his vampire powers to match Al when he releases his limits. Definitely an interesting potential fight though.

Anyway I'll throw in a few.

[b]Lelouch Vi Britannia [Code Geass] vs Aizen Sousuke [BLEACH][/b] - Some special circumstances on this one, this is a battle of minds rather than a straight up fight given Lelouch would last all of half a nanosecond against Bleach's big bad. Both combatants dropped in two neighbouring equal countries and required to use all their wit and power to first take over said nation and then use their newly acquired armies to destroy the other.

[b]Zaraki Kenpachi [BLEACH] vs Alexander Anderson [Hellsing][/b] - The13th Division Captain has just cut up a bunch of vampires the Paladin had been tasked with exterminating, clearly unhappy about the turn of events he crosses blades with the Demon of the 80th District.

[b]Guts [Berserk] vs Ophelia [Claymore][/b] - The Hundred Man Slayer vs The Blood-Soaked Warrior, Guts' has access to his Berserker armour and Ophelia would likely Awaken during the battle.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Gavin' date='31 July 2010 - 09:22 AM' timestamp='1280582571' post='698337']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]No idea who the third character is but a match-up between D and Alucard would be rather interesting, although I'm curious whether or not D could deflect Alucard's shots to get into close quarters and then there's the case of whether or not he could draw out enough of his vampire powers to match Al when he releases his limits. Definitely an interesting potential fight though.
[/size][/font]
[/quote]
Think of Abel as another version of Alucard but with a Vash-like personality.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEUvFm3O1MQ&feature=related[/media]

Alucard vs Abel would definately be the more interesting matchup simply because Abel feeds on vampires. But ultimately, Alucard > all. What can you do to something that's been stabbed in the heart and had his head cut off? Edited by Beretta

I can think of a few, but that's just because I'm a sadistic little fairy.

I beleive there is another match up I'd like to see, though preferably at a distance.

Naruto VS Kurama: In an awesome beatdown of epic porportions, these two will duke it out, with full access to all of their abiilities.

Masane Amaha VS Dante: The bearer of the Witchblade versus the most awesome anti-hero of all time? Bring it on, baby.

Motoko Kusanagi VS Triela: The best military cyborg VS a brilliant Child Prodigy? COME ON!