OtakuBoards

The Magical Mystery Dungeon

The Tentacle

You guys probably aren't ready for this....

Back when my now-deceased Pirates vs. Ninjas RP was still active I was also running a sub-rp called the Magical Mystery Dungeon.  It was a lot of fun so I wanted to see if there was a market for this style of roleplay on this board.

The premise behind the MMD is simple: it's a spam RP that is all about slapstick comedy and having fun.  You can use any existing character from any anime/movie/book/etc, your own original characters from any other RP or you can just be yourself if you want.  

The setting is totally random and the story can take place literally anywhere and in any time period. Storylines start with only a vague concept and then fly by the seat of their pants.

Rules are almost non-existant but there's usually a lot of crude humor, sexual innuendo and possibly some stuff that might offend a few people.  If you're the touchy sort this probably isn't for you.

~

At the moment I've got a (sort of) survival horror comedy plot left over from the old site.  If I can find two or three people who want to give this a try I'll post the particulars and we'll move on from there. Edited by The Tentacle

No real signup form necessary.  Just include whatever character information you want to share with the rest of us.  How they look and act would be helpful along with whatever gear they're carrying and powers they have (if any).  

For example, here's my character.  Basically he's my MSN chatroom alterego:

[b]Name:[/b] Bear the Viking

[b]Description:[/b] Bear is a burly, bad-tempered Viking whose job is pillaging and plundering every village he comes across and then burning them to the ground. He has all the wit and charm of a caveman and usually resorts to violence to solve all of his problems. Bearâ??s voice is like a loud roar and he has a belly laugh that can curl your hair. In his spare time he enjoys drinking mead, chasing wenches and tavern brawling.

[b]Appearance:[/b] Bear is a hulking brute with a muscular build and many battle-scars. He has shaggy brown hair and a curly beard. Bear clothes himself in a tunic and breeches woven from sturdy brown cloth. Heâ??s also wearing leather wristbands with a matching belt and boots trimmed with fur. His cloak was cut from the pelt of a large, brown bear. There is an iron helm set with ivory horns upon Bearâ??s head and a chain of silver disks around his neck.

[b]Equipment:[/b] Bear is armed with a battle-axe as well as a war-hammer. The axe has a wooden shaft with a single-edged blade forged from sturdy iron and honed to razor sharpness. The hammer has a hardwood handle banded with iron and topped with a heavy head capable of crushing an enemyâ??s skull. He prefers the axe whenever heâ??s in the mood to hack something up and swaps it out with the hammer when he feels the need to smash things.

Ah... okay.

Name: Saio Cross

Appearence: Saio dresses like a woman, walks like a woman, looks like a woman, and acts like a woman. His clothing has the ability to constantly shift and transform at his will. Usually, Saio is dressed in a bright red thigh length kimono, paired with fishnets and a bright purple lace garter. On his right traditional looking sleeve, is a brightly colored pattern of gold vines, black leaves, and purple orchids. His face and hair are made up like that of a traditional geisha, but his overall appearence is far from one. His nails are painted the deepest shade of black, matching his high heeled boots. However, his boots are not typical in the regard that the actual heel is a six inch long spike.

Description: Saio is the wild fire punk with a heart as cold as ice. He's friendly, though always goes overboard, and his approach is usually violence, or at least attempted violence. He has a tendancy to try to light people's cigarettes with fireballs. He's quite the mad scientist, with random biases which shift all the time. He's about as predictable as Mother Nature, and far more dangerous, wheter he intends to be or not. He plays upon his feminine appearence, enjoying the looks of shock when he flashes people his genitailia to prove he is indeed a man. He's sadistic, evil, and benevolent, all at once. He loves to hurt people, and then kiss their wounds to make them all better.

Equipment: Saio's kimono is enchanted to not only change appearence at will, but also to contain an infinite amount of completely random objects, ranging from lollipops to grand pianos. Saio keeps his most outrageous weapons stored in his kimono, and while vulgar, they are obscenely powerful and useful. The Steel Wool Panties, the Dildonator 5000, and the time-bomb titties are some of the more often used weapons he has.

He'll fit right in with the MMD environment.   :smirk:

I guess I'll go ahead and lay out the rules since there are only a few:

[b]1.  Don't Blow Up The Thread[/b] - If there's action going down don't just pop up and drop a Spirit Bomb or fly down in Gurren Lagann to annhilate the entire opposition in one stroke.  It not only derails the entire thread but also makes you look like a total jackass.

[b]2.  Don't Hijack The Story[/b] - Due to the random nature of the MMD a lot of off-the-wall stuff can happen at any given time.  But as the thread leader I'm (hopefully) going somewhere coherent with all of it.  Feel free to add your own details but don't lead everyone off in a totally different direction.  

[b]3.  Don't Pick Fights[/b] - This is more of a pet peeve than an actual rule.  Please don't show up and attack the group for no apparent reason (unless it's been planned beforehand).  It will also derail the thread plus it's just plain rude.

That's about it.   Edited by The Tentacle

This sounds like a fantastic, lovely idea!
Miscellaneous Adventures FTW!

Name: Plain Dane the Useless

Description: Plain Dane the Useless ("You can just call me Dane, thank you very much") is, as his name suggest, pretty plain and pretty useless. He is the only son the to world's greatest assasin, but, try as he might, he is hopeless in all assasin skills. He's a sarcastic little fellow though (perhaps because he is bitter?).

Appearance: He has a face that no one really remembers, freckles, and shaggy light brown hair with a bit of a reddish tint to it. His eyes are a pleasent green. He's a scraggly guy with hardly any muscle on him. He's only about average height, or maybe a couple of inches shorter. No one ever really takes the time to look at him and notice.

Equipment: Dane has all the latest in assassin equipment: an awesome sword, a handy hidden blade, awesome attire (complete with hood), and various other little trinkets of the trade. It doesn't mean he knows how to use any of them... At least, not properly.

Fandom.... why did you choose to be THAT realchat character???

Wig monsters... that's just the sprinkles on a sundae.....

Name: Anya Romanov A.K.A 'That one crazy ***** over there..."

Description:

[center]Double Double
Toil and Trouble
Add some mensturation
Add some cabernet
Now you're wrong no matter what you say![/center]

She's in heels, pantyhose (which are starting to ride up her crack), a garter, a dress, and a bra that squeezes her tits together with the use of a wire. And guess what? She's armed.

Appearence: Anya is always seen in a rather revealing chinese style red dress, with a peek of her purple, lacy bra visible. She wears matching red ankh earrings, and red high heels.Her hair is a mass of dark red, curly and luxurious hair. She's wearing dark purple lipstick, and matching eyeshadow.

Equipment: A riding crop, a hand gun, handcuffs, and a whip. Edited by ExcelExcel

[b]Name:[/b] Barra the Bender

[b]Description:[/b] Barra likes to live her life with romance. However, with her luck, the perfect person for her usually shares her gender. So to fix that (since they usually don't go for someone who plays on the same team,) she changes her gender at will. She'll even do this at random though, just for fun. When she changes however, she goes by Barra either way.

Her gender bending can get her into a lot of crazy problems, but she never regrets any of it.

[b]Appearance:[/b] [url="http://i36.tinypic.com/6z59bb.jpg"]Barra in both male and female forms.[/url]
Barra, when she is in her normal female form, likes to dress up as a maid. Sometimes, her male form will be seen wearing the same maid outfit, but only because she has recently changed. Then he'll usually be seen in jeans and a t-shirt or shirtless to get the girls. He usually never crossdresses since he has his female form for that. Also he prefers to leave the crossdressing to Saio since he's so much better at it.

[b]Equipment:[/b] Dual Random Pistols, Dessert Bazooka, Party Remote and finally, the Electric Axe
Barra's random pistols carry ammo that change at random, but never into anything deadly. They will shoot confetti, candy sprinkles, squirt champagne, or who knows what else. Her dessert bazooka fires chocolate mousse, chocolate cake, various flavors of pies, and lots of other desserts. Finally, her party remote, with one press of a button, will supply her with all she needs for random singing or dancing. (This usually includes laser and party lights, dance floor, microphones, a band, tv monitors, or all of the above.) With another press of the button, it all disappears as quickly as it popped out of nowhere.

When Barra wants to get serious, she brings out the electric axe. This isn't an axe at all, but an electric guitar of various style and color. Barra prefers to use it when she's female and wants to knock some heads off of bodies. Edited by Lilt