OtakuBoards

Dead Fantasy

Inuyasha Fandom

So who's up for a crossover between all the leading ladies of Final Fantasy versus the awesome power of the women of Dead or Alive? A vicious battle between the two forces the likes of which are more brutal than ever seen by the likes of the video game community?

Here is a link to share this beautiful CG battle of what people claim to be the fairer sex....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH1TB4gEUY&playnext=1&videos=b55umLc9-wA

It's awesome, does anyone agree?

I really enjoyed the first two videos, but after that the "episodes" have taken an odd turn. I guess it's because the creator is trying to add a story to something that really doesn't need one, and it just feels tacked-on and without any sense.

He should've just stuck with the flashy combat and physic-defying stunts, imo. It's also ironic how upon becoming immensely popular, the obviously fanservice-inspired video series now has to offer fanservice to its own fans. ;P

I follow the creator on deviantArt, and the amount of "you should totally add this character"-comments he gets is incredible.

I watched all five.  Who knew Rinoa was such a bad@$$?  But seriously, Tifa stole the show in the last episode.  Zell from FFVIII really needs to put in an appearance as well.  He and Tifa would be the perfect tag team.

Oh, and I'm predicting that Sephiroth is going to show up sooner or later.  Whether or not that's a good thing is debatable.

[quote name='Sandy' date='13 August 2010 - 05:15 PM' timestamp='1281734146' post='699358']
I really enjoyed the first two videos, but after that the "episodes" have taken an odd turn. I guess it's because the creator is trying to add a story to something that really doesn't need one, and it just feels tacked-on and without any sense.

He should've just stuck with the flashy combat and physic-defying stunts, imo. It's also ironic how upon becoming immensely popular, the obviously fanservice-inspired video series now has to offer fanservice to its own fans. ;P

[/quote]
I love Dead Fantasy but I definately agree with this. Adding a story definately throws things out of whack.

I enjoyed part 3 out of all of them though. I don't think you can get a better 1-on-1 fight than that (even though it did turn into such a 1-side show afterwards).

I try very hard to not read any of those comments at youtube mainly because I can't stand all of the fanboys.

If people think these videos are good, due check out Samus vs Master Chief, and then while you're at it, while it's not made by the same person but it can be just as good, check out Naruto vs Strawhats. Edited by Beretta

[FONT=Calibri]Quick time-check for all you guys: [i]Dead Fantasy[/i] has been an ongoing project of MontyOum's for several years now. [i]DF1[/i] was put up on Gametrailers in the second week of October, 2007 (see [url="http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/dead-fantasy-i/115884"]here[/url]), and, in fact, is his least favorite. He mentioned this (along with a comment that [i]DF2[/i] wasn't actually supposed to take place at all) in the notes section for [i]DF2[/i] [url="http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/dead-fantasy-ii/193489"]here[/url], which was posted towards the end of the following March. The main meat of his concept was actually 3, 4, and 5, with 1 essentially being a quick prologue and 2 upping the ante just a tad.

Beyond that, keep in mind that Monty is [i]entirely self-taught[/i].[/FONT]

[color="#006400"][font="Georgia"]I have honestly never played Final Fantasy or DoA or any game any of those characters might be related to, but those fight sequences were outstanding (albeit significantly less so when the male talent showed up ;P).

Needs Lulu, though. She's the only FF/DoA character I know to put a name to, lol ...[/font][/color]