OtakuBoards

2012: The dawn of a new era

Wizard Phoenix

Hi all, now I'm not sure if anybody else has heard about this yet but bare with me.

Right, so basically, the year is 2010 and this year is almost directly predated by a year called 2012. I say 'almost', because the year after this one is [i]actually[/i] 2011, but after that is 2012 (it is essentially a basic progression of linear time in case anybody is confused). Now that we've got the hard bit out of the way, let me tell you a little something about this important new era.

2012 is going to see a huge transformation for mankind, there is going to be a global shift. For too long mankind has fought its pointless wars with its expensive jets, guns and atomic bombs. In 2012, we as a species will experience a new era and our species is going to remember who we REALLY are.

No longer will we wage our pointless wars against our fellow men. Our wars will have purpose for we will remember what it is to fight as noble warriors! To fight for king and country!!

Yes, in case you had not already guessed, the return of the ork is imminent!! For years now they have been accumulating in their mountain lairs, building up armies of gargantuan proportions! and I'm not going to deny that their might be hob-goblins and dragons as well.

BUT FEAR NOT! For we are Elven kind!! This is who we really are. And the time must come when we can unite and fight as true warriors and saucarers!!

Our time is now fellow countrymen! Edited by Wizard Phoenix

[font="Comic Sans MS"]But what of the noble platypus, o wise and glorious prophet? For too long has my kind been laughed at and discriminated against. And for what? Is it not socially acceptable to both bear fur and lay eggs? We are accused of being funny-looking and bizarre almost constantly. I say it is time for this tyranny to end! Rise, my fellow monotremes! We shall ally with the noble and understanding Elvenkind and forge a new era for all of our peoples![/font]

Nay! listen not to this fowl beast, for his kind have plagued these lands for an age. We, the Shimp people of the seven seas have been massacred by these dragons of the sea. Hark! Thy will is Grand, lead us not into the tempting hands of the devil himself!

[quote name='Wizard Phoenix']Right, so basically, the year is 2010 and this year is almost directly [b]predated [/b]by a year called 2012.[/quote]

[FONT=Calibri]I'm pretty sure we haven't been in B.C. for about two thousand years, mate. Although I can't say as I blame you, since 'postdated' sounds downright retarded.[/FONT]

A-PSSSHHH. Y'all go on and do whatever. When the world ends, it'll just be me and the roaches to sit back and remember the good ol' days. No Elf, platypus or otherwise will be allowed into my secret bunkhouse, either. Okay, well... Maybe just the platypus population. (I'm trying to get around having to guess the plural form of Platypus.)

[quote name='Lady Shy' date='03 November 2010 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1288828022' post='701513']
Platypuses and Platypus are both accepted. Platypi is not. FYI, male platypus have highly venomous stingers that can paralyse you pretty direly. Think of that before inviting them into your hut.
[/quote]
Thanks! I knew about the stingers already. It would be a glorious way to go, so I wouldn't mind inviting them in.

[quote name='Lady Shy' date='04 November 2010 - 09:47 AM' timestamp='1288828022' post='701513']
Platypuses and Platypus are both accepted. Platypi is not. FYI, male platypus have highly venomous stingers that can paralyse you pretty direly. Think of that before inviting them into your hut.
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]They might be venomous, but you're better off thinking twice about koalas. They're twice and cuddly as a platypus AND twice as deadly. [/font]

[quote name='James' date='03 November 2010 - 09:14 PM' timestamp='1288844089' post='701519']
[font=palatino linotype]They might be venomous, but you're better off thinking twice about koalas. They're twice and cuddly as a platypus AND twice as deadly. [/font]
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]I will not have you slandering my people with the talk of those treacherous fiends. Slippery little creeps aren't even bears.

I should probably compile a beta-list of our demands. We and our cousins, the hallowed echidna, require four day work weeks, as well as proper respect for the most notable among us (an excellent newspaper comic centered around one of our number known as Norman was recently discontinued. We sincerely hope that this grievous error be corrected) and platypus-shaped manned robot tanks. You will note that such constructs will be vastly more stable and easier to maneuver than the bipedal ones you arrogant sapiens are always babbling about. We're currently in talks about the rest, but for now these simple requests should suffice and it would please us greatly if they were met.[/font]

[quote name='The Professor' date='04 November 2010 - 01:43 AM' timestamp='1288860186' post='701521']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]I will not have you slandering my people with the talk of those treacherous fiends. [/font]
[/quote]
[font="Century Gothic"]Should we slander [i]you[/i] instead? XD[/font]