OtakuBoards

Restoration

Akieen Cloud

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"] Three days... had it already been that long? Kaia walked down the dusty halls of the bunker, the 23 year old was heading for the main office; now that she had thought about her choice she wasn't so sure if this is what she really wanted but she did know she wanted out. Sighing she pulled the crinkled pack of cigarettes from her back pocket and looked at the remaining five, it was going to be a long trip if she didn't find any more soon. She walked past others as she went about her way and disregarded the looks they were giving her. It wasn't as if she was on the smartest endeavor afterall. Shrugging it off she climbed the stairs to the office and opened the door, stopping short as she saw others already waiting for her. She blinked rapidly as a few of them gave her awkward looks and a couple she wasn't able to tell if they were looking at her at all due to the helmet or outfits over their faces. Scratching the back of her neck and shook her head as she stepped into the room more.
"Alot more people that I thought there would be for this stupid thing. What if it's not even real, we'll be wasting our lives for nothing."
The elder smiled gently at her and pointed toward a pile of packs and weapons that had been gathered for their trip.
"Out of the supplies we were able to spare you may take what you wish and than some. We want to give you the best percentage for success."
"How sweet. Whatever let's just get out of here. Grab all the packs that contain food, of anykind; the more we have the better chance for survival. Also take as many water canisters as we can carry. We'll need drinking water and water to cleanse wounds should we get any. Other than that I say a few tents and medical bags are a good idea?"
The others in the room nodded and began to gather the things she had mentioned and others that they themselves wanted. After everyone took whatever they had wanted there was only a few scraps of material left, Kaia nodded to the others.
"Kaia Sanderson. I'll be your nutritionist and semi medic."
Another young man stepped forward and introduced himself to the others.
"Kenzie Whish."
And it continued.
"Enzio Alphen, call me Sarge."
"Jensen Roberts"
"Wallace"
Kaia blinked at the person's appearance...it was...strange but at least he..or she? was there none the less. She blinked more as the life sized doll that played with the children stepped forward and curtsied daintly.
"Rose."
"Light Zevvrn Ellswor'the, Call me Elle."
Kaia tried to pronounce the young man's name in her mind and found it just easier to refer to him as Elle, the man beside him yawned and seemed to be uninterested in what was happening.
'Oni Phobos. We leaving yet?"
The elder spoke once more this time to Kaia.
"We're putting you in charge of them."
"What?! Why me?!"
"You volunteered first."
Kaia could hear the laughter in the old man's voice by did nothing as she resigned and nodded.
"Fine, is there anyone else?"
"Leonis or Leo. The grounds keeper and of course there's Den."
Kaia coughed as she choked on the breath she had been taking.
"Why is Den coming?! I thought he was to busy and well...just not coming!"
"As soon as your brother heard that you were leaving, he instantly put in his name for the group as well. Leo and him are waiting outside the bunker door for all of you. I suggest you get moving Sanderson. The sooner you leave, the sooner you can come back."
"Yeah, fat chance. I think I'll just stay up there. Sheesh. Fine, lets...uh...move out?"
The others looked at her as if she were crazy so she shrugged and hitched the pack higher on her shoulder, the two pistols she had picked out of the pile now hung on her hips, her tapped boots squeaking every time she took a step, she sure wouldn't miss that.
"Whatever, let's just get out of here."
She walked up the stairs and to the large door that led to outside, the others following, as it opened she saw the faces of her brother and the large grounds keeper Leo, the two of them helped them out of the bunker and Kaia stopped as she looked around, everything was dead, but the sun shone brightly warming her skin and making her close her eyes to the sensation.
"Well, this thing is said to be in the Black Mountains right? Well that's North West so let's get going."
She took her first step, hearing the crunch of dead grass and dirt under her boots instead of the squeaking tape. Sighing she glanced back at the others and than back in the direction she was headed. This was really gonna be a long trip.
[/color][/font]

Alright there ya go. A little longer than I interned but it got the job done none the less. So put up your first post and we'll go from there. I'm starting a Backstage to this right after so check that out too. Lilt will be joining us sometime while we're up here as well so be sure to keep that in mind.

Three days had been enough time to prepare for the big live but not enough to tell his Brother and Mother. Elle was sure his mother was still crying, but his elder brother assured him that they would be okay just as long as he promised to be careful. Hope even said he'd be on guard duty on the day of departure which was why Light was looking around as they approached the gates.

"Over here twerp" Elle heard armor jingling and turned to see Hope running toward him. He saluted Sarge before punching his little brother in the arm.
"No strike-backs" Hope said as Elle cursed. "Until you come home in one piece"

Hope turned to Kaia " I'll have those gates open for you all right away, Good luck.... and look after my rock headed brother please." Hope bowed and ran off to open the gate.

Elle Rubbed his arm and picked up the things he dropped. Hope was never the one for mushy talk but Elle could see right through that manly 'goodbye'. His brother was worried but would never say it, in fact he had encouraged Light to go on this mission... probably because Hope knew he couldn't convince him not to go.

Light, waved at his brother upon exiting the bunker. "I'll come back... I promise." He called back as the gates were closing. "And I'm going to kick you in the ******* neck!" Hope's laughter was cut short as the huge gates closed.

~

"Woah..." Elle said blinking into the sunlight. "I guess that bright thing is the sun..." He said, not talking to anyone in particular.

"It's HUUUGE.... and yellow... And kinda pretty" Elle went into is pockets and pulled out a pad, a thin charcoal writing utensil and yellow and orange chalk.
He started sketching right away while he was walking, yes it felt awkward with moving and holding things but Elle just couldn't wait to get this down on paper.
This great wonder wouldn't stay there for long.... would it? Elle shrugged off the question and kept his face down and feet moving drawing.

Kenzie blinked as his eyes adjusted to the sunlight, and then... a sense of familiarity. He'd seen this before. He supressed a sardonic smile, knowing that he had to to have gotten here. It was almost hard to beleive this is where he'd been found. But, then again, if he hadn't, he'd probably be dead, and not just without his memories.

But, now was not the time to be reflective of the year he'd spent in this bunkerand what he might have been before coming here. His eyes scanned the horizon, though he could see nothing of interest. He sat his burlap bag down and opened it, rumaging through it, until he found what he was serching for. Lifting out a semi-automatic machine gun, he closed his bag and hoisted it onto his shoulder. He loaded the gun, and readied it as his waist. He sighed, this was all too familar, but not knowing why had ceased to bother him.

The many people coming along for the trip were interesting indeed, especially Wallace and the android. Looking them over, he closed his eyes. They didn't look like much, but there had to be something to them for them to come along. The doll perked his interest the most. She'd been wandering around the bunker for decades, it seemed, though people seemed to think she'd always been there. Her body was well manufactured to have held up against the onslaught of the weight of time. It had to have taken its toll, but she was still coming along. An android with them would make things easier to handle... until at least they went up against some of the nastier monsters out here.

But, Kenzie knew -though he wasn't sure how- the real monsters were in human skins. And they packed some serious firepower.

Kenzie could only hope they diden't run into anything too serious.

3 days have past and Sarge still feels like he hasnt really prepaired for the trip.
With scrap metal getting limited he only made enough ammo for his guns ammo bag.
Sarge only had his trunk and 2 bags which one is packed with gun powder.
While walking towards the main gates, he could hear the jingle of Hope's armor.

"Hey Sarge! Wait up!" Hope said running towards him.

"Ah hope I was hoping I would run into you before I left." Sarge said walking slowly.

"Oh haha very funny Sarge. Anyways I want you to do something for me." Hope said walking right beside him.

"Well ask me quick. I doubt their going to let us back in after we leave unless we have that purifier." Sarge said looking at Hope.

"Well my brother ,Elle, is going with you. Just make sure he comes back in one peice." Hope said.

"I'll do better than that." Sarge said. Hope looked at him with a confused look.

"He'll come back a grown man." Sarge said rarely smiling.

"Well, ok but make sure he is in one peice. Got to get to the gate before the rest get their." Hope said already down the hall.

"He'll come back a man and with that purifier. First time he even showed he cared for his brother." Sarge said nearing the entrance to the main gate.
"Maybe theirs a chance mankind can forgive ourselves."

Their was alot of faces in the room. Elle was most recognizable along with Leo. A giant among the bunker people. It was time to move out after
the usuall give your name game.

"Enzio Alphens, call me Sarge." He said looking at the girl they put in charge.

"Lets hope she can make the tough decisions when the time comes." Sarge said in his head.

Oni looked at the group and couldn't help but let loose a snide smile across his face. He was tickled by this little adventure. Instead of purposely annoying them like he wanted too he decided to keep a rather slow pace behind everyone and study his surroundings. The air tasted awful and it kinda burned his eyes for a moment, but what really caught his attention was the glowing mass of light in the sky that the "Elle" guy pointed out.
"The "Sun", huh...." he said attempting to stare at it. Continuing his observations he touched the lifeless grass and dead soil and for some reason this pulled at his heart.
"What a surprise. I'm actually experiencing shame...." he thought to himself. Emotions always did intrigue Oni.
"Emotions are the complex psychophysiological experiences of an individual's state of mind as interacting with internal and external influences." Oni recited to himself. This was a text book answer. He has always thought that emotions were far more than that especially "love". This emotion baffled him the most.
"To care so deeply for someone you are willing to do any and everything for them....". he thought. This was just a random pipe coming from some random direction to Oni. He planned to one day map out emotions and their true root... where they truly originated from.
"A fun goal I've set for myself". he said with a slight chuckle. As he picked up his stride he bumped into Elle who was drawing on a pad.
"My apologies Mr. Ellswor' the. I was lost in thought." Oni said bowing formally. Elle smiled and continued drawing. This made Oni wonder.
"Mr. Ellswor' the? Why do you draw? What makes you want to draw?" Oni said with a finger to his chin. Edited by Ol' Fighter

Rose placed a delicate looking foot upon the dead earth, grass, and weeds. In the distance, a great oak tree reached up as if to claw it's way to the sky, in the hopes of a salvation that never comes. Rose sighed, thinking of the last time she had seen that tree. Once, it had been a lush area of shade, now it was a decayed, dried out husk.

Mankind had itself had ultimately been the architect of its own demise. It was something Rose caould comprehend, just barely. Her base emotions and a lack of being able to feel nostalgic was probably her saving grace at the moment.

"Mister Whish?" She spoke, her soft voice reaching him as he readied his weapon. "Will that be neccessary? Will any of our weapons be?"

Kenzie sighed. "I appreiciate your formality, Rose, but it's not needed. Call me Kenzie."

"As you wish, Kenzie. But, please, answer the question I posed." Rose looked up at him expectantly, and he sighed. "Pushy little lady, aren't you? If you have to know, the answer will more than likely be yes. It's dangerous up here."

"I was under the impression you had no recollection of what was up here." She continued. "Have some of your memories returned?"

"If only. I think... I think its my memories whispering to me... warning me."

"Ah, I see. " Rose looked down at her feet, it was apparent that something bothered him, though she wasn't going to be rude and pry.

Below her feet, there was a vibration, and looking at the goup, they could feel it too.

To their right, a rock formation slid to reveal an elevator hatch rising, bringing up an archaeic monstrousity of a vehicle. It wasn't all that large, though judging from the size, it coult fit the party in with it, though it would be rather cramped, and space would be non existant with the gear. Kenzie moved over to it, jingling a small metal object with a rather large amount of obscene keychains. He jumped in, and with a voracious roar, Kenize moved the vehicle over to all of the gear. "Dunp the stuff, and climb on. It'll get us that much farther out, before we have to dump it because of no fuel."

Rose nodded, and climbed aboard, clinging onto the side as so the humans would at least have a chance at being seated. "Please, hand me the gear. I will help in securing it into the bed of this... contraption." One by one, the team members all handed her their things, ands she hastily organized their things and then secured it in the back of the automobile. She then secured herself, though allowed herself to keep her arms free. Next to her was a large, metallic pipe, which she intended to use as a javelin incase of it being needed to.

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Kaia sighed as she looked at the 'car' so to speak; it could be handy that was for sure but there was no way it would hold all of them, scratching the back of her head she looked at it again and shook her head, just no way. But as everyone started to pile there things in and clamber in as well she saw that they all could squeeze in if they all almost literally sat on one another. Shrugging she let Kenzie take the wheel and pushed her way inbetween Oni and Jensen. Looking at the others she sighed and leaned forward.
"Hey Ken, head North for a little while."
"I thought we were supposed to be going North West?"
"Yeah I know, but I heard that there were rumors of a small town around here somewhere to the North that was more a ranch than anything."
Jensen leaned forward now, interested it seemed, as well as Oni who chose to sit back and listen.
"Ranch for what exactly?"
"Not really sure if I remember what they call them up here, but horses I suppose is the safe thing to say."
"Horses? I thought everything died during the fallout."
""Well I thought so too, but from rumors I hear coming in and out of the bunker that's not true. I guess some of the animals mutated or something like that."
As if to put her statement home they all turned to look at a pack of barking dogs who seemed to look like walking zombies. Their fur was gone and parts of their skin seemed to be melted away, their eyes had a feral and wild look to them but the group could tell that they had been, undoubtedly, dogs at some point in time.
"My point exactly. Although I don't think they all look like that...at least, I hope not."
Her hand wandered down to her left pistol as if to comfort herself that she had her weapon and hadn't left it behind; shaking it off she leaned back some and sighed as the sun blazed down on them, it was hot, and humid and it smelled horrible compared to the filtered air of the bunker but she could also smell the dirt and the grass, no matter how dead it was. She put her hand on Kenzie's shoulder and patted it.
"If you need a break from driving let one of us know and we'll take over, we should get there in a few hours."
He nodded and she leaned back the rest of the way resting her head against the back on the seat and let her eyes roam over the sky. Her mother had told her stories of it once, saying it was blue and clear and beautiful; but that was not what she saw now. The sky she looked at now was yellow, and dirty looking, thick with the remains of the fallout. She draped her arm across her eyes and heaved another sigh, this was crazy, they shouldn't be out here, not in this mess...so why were they? This 'purifier' could all just be some sick joke made up to screw with them...either way, if a few months they would now...or a year? What if it took longer than that? Would they ever find it? She jumped slightly as Oni nudged her in the ribs lightly.
"Your thinking to much."
"I am not."
He smirked snidely and ran a hand through his hair.
"Your forget my profession."
"And you forget mine kid. I'm your cook. Don't make me mess up yours."
His face paled slightly and he grew quiet, nodding she slipped down into the seat to get comfortable and closed her eyes letting the oblivion of sleep take over; it only seemed like moments later when Kenzie jerked the wheel to the right making everyone in the car yell out in surprise. Kaia sat up fully and clamped a hand down on his shoulder.
"What the hell was that all about?!"
She looked up at Leo as he climbed from the back of the vehicle and stood as still as a statue.
"What is going on?"
Kenzie shook his head as if clearing it of fog as Sarge and Jensen also hopped out of the car, it was than that she heard growling, inhuman and dangerous all around her, looking up her eyes met the red and yellow mixed ones of a creature almost as large as Leo. It was black, and shadowed them all except for Leo.
"...Black Death..."
"What the hell does that mean?!"
She looked at Sarge as he spoke.
"They are said to be bears."
Kaia looked that the thing again and could clearly see the large paws and thick fangs of the beast.
"Well that's nice, but how the **** are we supposed to get rid of it!?"
Sarge and Kenzie hoisted up their guns aiming at it.
"Oh well that's just great!"
Kaia in turn pulled her pistols from their holsters and aimed.
"Guess it's time to see how well we work together!"
Firing the first shot the rest of the fight was a blur of gun shots, and blood as the rest joined in as well.

[color="#8B0000"]okay there you have it. I know it's early but this isn't a vacation. xD show us what you got![/color][/color][/font]

Rose quickly unfastened herself from the back of the vehicle, And landed on the ground, ready for action. She weilded the metal pipe in her hand, and she darted around the side of the 'car' to face the bear. She moved with startling speed, and brought her pipe up to smack the bear away. The bear, however, was faster. It saw her and raised its deadly paw to rip her to shreds.But, the bear had obviously never encountered an android.

The bear swung its mighty paw, and Rose raised her pipe up, blocking the bear's terrifying and much more deadly strength. The pipe bent under the sheer force, though the creature was fast. It brought down its other paw, breaking the pipe, causing Rose to barely dodge it.

"It's fast..." she commented, and threw one of the peices through its paw, skewering it. The beast roared, and came charging after her. "Perhaps not the best maneuver..." Rose was swung at again, this time the bear sending her flying into the side of the vehicle. Rose's vision became filled with static, as her visual center in her A.I. brain was rattled. She slumped over, her vision clearing. Looking up, she rolled to the side as the bear roared and swung again. Edited by ExcelExcel

Elle flipped over the car and swung his clawed gauntlet at the bears paw ripping and exposing the mutated flesh. The bear roared in pain and staggered backwards.

"Thank you for your assistance, Light"
"My pleasure ma'am" Elle smiled, but inside he was shaking... or maybe it was on the outside to because Rose had asked if he was okay before Elle could answer he saw the bear
coming back towards them.

"Uhh oh, we better move" Elle tried to pick Rose up and but he just toppled over. The bear was almost on them, Elle pulled a explosive out his vest, bit off the steam a bit and struck it on his pants in what seemed like a blink of an eye... he then threw it at the bear's face. He made a move to shield Rose but she picked him up and ducked behind the vehicle which
shook a bit after the explosion.

Elle laughed "I forgot how strong you were" Elle said recalling the times Rose played with him as a child, his favorite game was when Rose would spin him around and throw him in the air only to catch him gently.

"You two okay back there" He heard Sarge say.

"Peachy !" Elle called back, half heartedly. This adventure was just starting and already he had a story to tell his brother when he got back, well thats if they survived that is.

The explosion ripped through the air, though when the smoke cleared the bear was still standing, albeit a bit more singed. Kenzie cocked his gun, leveling it at the bear. "Rose! Elle! You two alright?"

"We're fine." Rose stated, and grabbed Elle to drag him out of the way of the bear. Kenzie began to unleash a barrage of bullets, the hot metal screaming into its target. The bear roared, and turned, each of Kenzie's bullets making it's mark. Wide eyed, Kenzie gasped. "Why won't it die?"

The bear charged at Kenzie now, and he had to roll backwards to get out of the way of the monster. But, now he had a bigger problem. Now he was separated from his bag of goodies. "Damn.... Now what?"

The bear was coming at him again, apparently the damage done to it wasn't even beginning to take its toll. Thick, syrupy reddish green blood oozed from its many wounds, making the bear all the more gruesome to behold. "JUST DIE ALREADY!" Kenzie popped another clip of ammo into the gun, unleashing a hail of hell. "Eat lead!" He ran full force at the bear, and at the last moment he ducked down to skid underneath it across the dirt. The bear turned, and charged at him again, unaware that there were others converging on it.

Grasping his bag, he ran for it, and dodged behind the vehicle. He raised up, and began firing with his gun, until the tale tell [i]click![/i] of an empty clip. "Damn!" Ducking down, he opened his bag and withdrew another gun, this time a shotgun. Hurridly, he loaded two shells, and raised up to blast the bear. He cocked the gun, and a loud, thundering BANG! echoed through the vast wasteland. Suddenly, the bear was down one paw. "I'm sorry, big boy, I know you have to eat, but we have to live." Kenzie said, and cocked the gun again to fire.

Wallace was on a "horse" when the bear had attacked. It was a strange sight to behold, if anything. While the others were fighting off the Black Death, Wallace watched carefully, trying to learn more about his teammates' fighting styles. After gathering some quick data, Wallace urged the "horse" beneath him to move forward. He saw Kenzie injure the bear so that it could not use one of its paws, then shoot at it once more. The bear was getting more and more frustrated, losing blood and sustaining several shots.

Wallace clicked and whirred to himself, making the "horse" beneath him agitated as it hurled itself toward the bear. Wallace threw a couple of his GumBalls at the bear, holding it down in place to roar and bellow while trying to thrash about. Wallace's "horse" stared at the writhing bear and lunged, biting into the bear's neck and then the "horse" moved its head side to side in order to rip off a hunk of the bear's neck. "Well!" exclaimed Wallace. "How unexpected!" Edited by chibi-master

"Elle hand me one of those explosives in your vest." Sarge said setting his gun down.

"Why would you want one now?" Elle said digging through his pockets.

Everyone heard the second shotgun shot go off. The bear didn't die from a point blank shotgun blast.

"Man, what will it take to kill this dam thing?" Kenzie said dodging the bears blinded swing from his free paw.

Elle finally "finding" an explosive and holding it up towards Sarge.

"Well shooting it doesnt really affect since its fur acts like body armor." Sarge said pointing at various parts of the bears body.
"Since bullets and explosives don't work from the outside. So the only way to really kill it is from the inside."

"Logical desicion Mr. Alphens." Rose said.

"Yup, Hey Walter could you toss more of those gummy balls on this thing? Want to make sure this thing stays still." Sarge says pointing at the bear.

"Interesting idea Sarge. Let me see what I can do." Walter said with gizmo sounds coming from his voice.

Walter tossed a few more of those sticky things on the bear and Sarge walked up and opened its mouth.

"Elle, how long do I have after I active this thing?" Sarge said looking at the device.

"Well about 6 seconds. You got to bit the the top and wack the bottom." Elle said motioning to everyone to get behind the destroyed truck.

Sarge noded and waited for everyone to take cover. He bit the top off and looked at the bear.

"I am ashamed of what our kind has done to you and the rest of the world." Sarge said wacking the bottom of the device.

Sarge shoved the device deep into the bears throught and patted his head. He turned to run but the bear took its free paw and in its last effort put a deep gash
on his upper right leg. Sarge grabed his leg in pain then heard the beep and boom.

"Holly ****!" Elle said. "Which one did I give him? Wait wheres Sarge?"

Everyone was looking all around and then looked where the bear once was.

"Dam, that was one big explosiion. I don't think theirs nothing left of it." Kenzie said.

"But theirs still the question where Mr. Alpens went to." Rose said.

"Found him!" Leo said. His big booming voice echoed into everyones ears. Carrying Sarge who was badly injured.

"Let me see him." Kaia said getting her EMK (Emergency Medical Kit) "Well He is lucky not to have any broken bones but this gash will need get this cleaned and sutered before he bleeds to death. Walter where did you get the horse thing from?"

"Well theirs a ranch where the rumors said it was. Their is also a house where we can fix each other up." Walter said still changing tone from his voice modulator.

"Good, I'll give him a shot of morphine and use a make shift thing to slow the bleeding." Kaia said. Taking a few minutes to administer the shot and tie his leg up from what was left of his shirt. "Rose can you carry him and Leo please get his gear."

"Yes Ms. Sanderson." Rose said bowing towards Kaia then picking Sarge up like he was a play thing.

"Rose you can call me Kaia." Kaia said putting her kit back into her pack.

"As you wish Ms... Kaia." Rose said moving gracefully towards where Walter "aquired" the horse thing.

Leo didn't say anything but justed noded. Picking their stuff up, they all headed towards the ranch as well.

(Ok, like the twist? Knuckles, I am relying on your characters some what medical training to save my characters' leg. If need be to improvised medical equipment by using whats in the ranch area. Like salt and water to make a rough wound cleanser, a make shift needle, fishing wire for surgical thread, and boiling water for steralize the needle and wire. My character doesn't like using medical supplies that much and knows the importants of conserving them.)

• 2 weeks later...
[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Kaia ran ahead of them, putting all of her strength into getting to the small ranch as fast as she could, it wasn't til she heard footsteps following her that she realized that someone had followed her. Looking over her shoulder she saw Oni sprinting behind her.
"What are you doing kid?"
"I'm not a kid and I figured you could use a hand with asking these people for a place to help Sarge."
"What makes you think I would need help?"
"Your not the easiest person to talk to you know."
She glared at him but shrugged it off and continued to sprint down the hill, the ranch coming into sight she pushed her self harder to get there even though her chest was burning already from the running she hadn't done in so long. Once there it didn't take long for her to appreciate the fact that Oni had indeed come along, with his profession in talking to people he had the ranchers sweet talked into mush before she had a chance to put a word in sideways. Within the next hour the rest of them had made it and they had Sarge set up in the extra bedroom up stairs in the small cottage. Everyone gathered in the kitchen drinking bitter tasting coffee, all but Leo that is who was leaning through the window above the sink. Kaia looked up as the old man walked in cleaning his hands of blood that she could only imagine was Sarge's.
"Is he alright?"
"He'll live if that's what your asking. It looks as if he ran into something nasty, and now that I take a good look at you all, you all do. May I ask what your doing in these parts?"
"We're heading to the Black Mountains."
"Dangerous country that is, is there a reason?"
"Not really, we just heard that the land up there was less tainted."
"Your right there. Grass grows up that way, real trees that aren't just sticks in the dirt, and fresh water. But along with that there are also monsters that I think any normal person would rather avoid."
"Such as?"
Kaia looked over at Wallace as he scribbled down what ever the old man was saying. Shaking her head she slid out from under the table and stretched.
"Well guys, it looks as if we're camped here for a while. Make your selves useful while we're here, help the couple out for them helping us we sarge. Once he's able to move we'll head out." [/color][/font]

Okay, I would like to get this going again. I realize I've slacked off, I haven't really been up to speed in the heath department; flu is a nasty thing sometimes; but I'm better and rearing to go again.

Leo had carried Sarge's stuff to the ranch they had discovered, keeping to himself due to the events that had occurred. He felt almost useless since he hadn't acted, he hadn't thought to use his mace to smash the bears skull, or to even simply break a limb with his strength. He would have preferred to say he hadn't acted out of fear, that he had been paralyzed with fear. But instead, he had been dumbfounded by the raw power of it, he craved to learn about it even thought it wasn't his area of expertise. He envied its unbelievable strength and endurance, the super bugs couldn't take much of a punch, let alone several shotgun shells to the body. If there had been more of the bear, he would of taken some to study, but it was in pieces so small that none would be able to tell much from it.

When they had arrived at the ranch and talked with the nice couple that took them in, Leo felt he should help in some way with his agricultural background. He walked around until he found their patch of growing food. It was in weak condition but would be enough to take care of the couple for a while. Leo quickly went to work, adjusting the soil, disregarding its poor quality and worked with it. Agitating the dirt and even using some of his recycled water to give the plants a fresher feel then they would ever have again. He got so wrapped up in his work that he didn't hear the old man come up behind him and stand beside him.
[b]
"What you up to big fella?"[/b] The old man said gently, Leo stood with a start. Freezing for a few moments, the height differences between the two were enormous. The old man was hunched with age and hard work, Leo was easily the tallest and largest man known to the desolate world.
[b]
"I..I...I was just ummm"[/b] Leo stammered as he tried to get his bearing on the situation. The old man held his hands up and tried to get Leo to relax.
[b]
"Its alright boy, I just wanted to see what you were up to with our old garden here."[/b] The old man looked at it carefully, seeing the work Leo had done to the small patch. He nodded his approval and looked back to Leo.
[b]
"You did a mighty fine job young man. Those plants look healthier already."[/b] Leo grinned proudly at him, almost feeling like a child again.
[b]
"Its one of my strongest areas from where were use to live. I kept the plants alive so that we had fresh enough food. Wat you got here will take care of you both for a long time, and with my small contribution here, they will sprout something a little more fulfilling."[/b] The old man patted Leo on the back, since he couldn't reach his shoulders.
[b]
"Good, glad to here it'll all be taken care of. Make sure to come in tonight, I know its small but its safe. And after you're adventure today, its better to feel safe right now with all your friends."[/b] Leo nodded at the old man as he turned and walked away, leaving Leo to his thoughts again, and how he would handle the next situation.