OtakuBoards

Witches: Mankinds Hope

Akieen Cloud

[color="#000080"][font="Comic Sans MS"][center]For centuries people have thought that humans were the only species to walk around on this green planet, oh how wrong they are. They think that all the stories of Vampires, Werewolves, Siren, and all those other scary tales they heard as kids are just that, stories. Again, how wrong they are; countless missing people have been turned into one of these beasts, or worse consumed by them. It's a sad cycle that not many people can really hope to rectify, but that's why the HDF was put in place. Human Defense Force. We are the ones that the other stories tell about, humans that have been born with an extra chromosome that allows us to evolve. Some of us can shape shift, others can control ice, or heal wounds. There was even a file on a man who could control the elements, earth, wind, water and fire. It all boils down to the luck of the draw, whether you have a bad ass power, or something as simple as shocking some body with static. Us that are a part of the HDF have been assembled to go to different parts of the world and keep the Vampire covens, or the Werewolf dens under control, for the ones that get out of order, we eliminate them. Reports come in back to back of sightings and such things like that, we're the ones who investigate those as well. It's has a tenancy to be a boring job, but it pays well. We get a place to call home, people who count on us, and food to keep us going along with pretty much whatever else we want. Freedom is a somewhat loose word in the HDF, we go where we're sent and we don't get much down time considering the creatures of the night never take a break, but on the off chance we do get a few days to our selves we are allowed to go out on the town, drink, dance, shop, all the normal things people do; albeit carefully since we're no longer supposed to exist; but no sooner do we start to enjoy the peace, we're right back to work on the next out break of undead, or missing children reports. It can get tiresome at times, but what job doesn't? And lets be honest, how many people can boast about saving man kind?[/center]

Buzzers were going off left and right as the small military base went dark, with the power being cut the monsters could do what they wanted with no fear of being sighted, or harmed. Screams filled the air as men and woman were slaughtered, never to go home to their loved ones again. It was a nightmarish scene and the more screams that sounded the more the carnage seemed to multiply, as if the beasts were feeding off of it. In the back of the base, in a safe room a Sargent and a few lieutenants held their ground, pistols drawn and aimed at the door, the bulky, graying Sargent looked over to the young man trembling next to him.
"Get on that radio soldier and call in for help!"
"Yes Sir!"
Tripping over himself the young man fell into the seat and put a pair of bulky headphones over his ears.
"This is the Southern Blue Base, we have hostiles and request back up! Repeat, this is the Southern Blue Base, we have hostiles and request-"
Gunfire overwhelmed the radio as screams echoed through the headphones before all that was heard was static. Somewhere in the desert of Nevada, deep underground a middle aged woman turned and looked at the ageing man behind her.
"Sir, we seem to have tapped into a transmission requesting aid."
"Patch it through."
'This is the Southern Blue Base, we have hostiles and request back up! repeat this is the Southern Blue Base, we have hostiles and request- Ahh! No! Gyaaa! *Shssck*
"Assemble the team, if they are out of base, call them back immediately, they have a job to do."
"Yes Sir!"

Alright, I'm hoping this gets off the ground, I'm kinda going through a hard time and I'm hoping a good RP will help me take my mind off of it. So here are sign ups.

Name:
Age: No younger than 21, under 21 are trainees and are not allowed into battle, though I might make exceptions depending on how many people sign up.
Appearance: Pic or description are welcomed. Which ever your more comfortable with.
Personality: Self explanatory.
Weapons: Again, self explanatory, you can have up to 4. What ever you choose.
Ability: Once more, should not need to go into this. It can be any ability you wish, just don't over do it.

I will not be doing a background for characters, due to the fact that those of us in the HDF have had our pasts erased, we no longer exist.

Here's mine
Name: Alex Talon (Ali)

Appearance:[url="http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt7/Sara_Shadow/Fantasy/anime-tifa-lockheart-004.jpg"]Alex[/url]

Personality: Reserved and serious she doesn't 'cut loose' much, always doing research on targets and training since she carries the lives of the team on her shoulders, or so she believes. Not one to really participate in parties or things of the like she will go regardless to watch the others have fun which gives her enjoyment in it's own. She doesn't show much more than that. On occasion she will crack a smile or laugh if something strikes her fancy.

Weapons: More a melee fighter she carries a rapier style sword and throwing daggers along with being a well known kick boxer. She is known as an 'in your face fighter' which has it's moments of getting her into trouble.

Ability: Ali is a well known Empath, her powers have grown to the point where she can even control peoples feelings to a degree, it comes in handy on difficult missions and allows her to keep her team calm and alert.[/font][/color]

[b]This sounds like a lot of fun, KG. I'll be looking forward to this one. ^^[/b]

[b]Name:[/b] Calypso 'Pocket' Velius

[b]Age:[/b] 21

[b]Appearance:[/b] [url="http://i53.tinypic.com/2gx41g9.jpg"]Pocket in one of her usual moods.[/url]

[b]Personality:[/b] Pocket, (or 'Calie' to Alex,) is almost a polar opposite to the girl she looks up to the most. Alex Talon. Pocket likes to relax and have fun and to get others to loosen up too. Her only exceptions to this are during training missions or actual field missions, since lives depend on her. Because of her usual attitude, most people who first meet her assume she's a trainee. They usually never guess that she just acts and looks younger than she is.

Pocket is a friendly person on the outside, but keeps a lot to herself and tries to hide it from others. She always tries to smile though, even when she doesn't feel like it.

[b]Weapons:[/b] Pocket carries three weapons. Two for close range combat and one for long range. For close range, she keeps two kataras by her side. She usually never keeps them in her mind unless she has too. For long range combat, she has an M82 Barret Rifle. Because of the size and weight of the rifle and ammo, this is only kept in her mind and summoned when and if she needs it.

[b]Ability:[/b] Pocket's ability is the same power that gave her her nickname. She can take objects and store them in her mind until she wants to release them. Because of this, she is a good support for the team, since she can bring extra ammo, smuggle something important, or get rid of a security camera or two.
Her power is not without limits though. She never wants to try to use it on anything living. Besides that, she can't contain something that is hard to grasp, like an explosion. Also if she grabs too many items at once or for too long, she starts to get severe headaches. Edited by Lilt

[b]Name:[/b] Jeff Arkhem

[b]Age:[/b] 25

[b]Appearance:[/b] [url="http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs4/i/2004/233/5/f/Leofest.jpg"]Jeff[/url]

[b]Personality: [/b]Jeff is usually a loner, hangs out in the back, drinks alone. Almost famous for his one word replies, Jeff is well known for not wanting to talk to anyone, ever. Often
dismissing whomever approaches him with one or two words and walking away to be alone. No other members of the gang have really been able to get close to him as of yet and he remains a mystery to the majority of those who meet him.

[b]Weapons:[/b] Jeff is nigh a master of hand to hand combat, his file claims he is a black belt is several martial arts including capoeira, five animal kung fu, and aiki jujitsu. In combat he utilizes his martial prowess and inate powers to devistating effect.

[b]Ability:[/b] Jeff has the power to manipulate gravity. His power is rough and uncontrolled when dealing with objects or people more than 5 feet away, being only able to push or pull said targets and with only rough accuracy. On himself however, Jeff has honed his powers to a razors edge. He utilizes his powers to walk on walls and ceilings, to leap great distances, and to maneuver himself in incredible ways. Often using his powers to aid his martial arts ability jeff is a valuable member of the team. Edited by The Enemy

• 2 weeks later...
It's been a while since I've been in a RPG, this one sounds like it'll be fun! Hope this makes it:

Name: Demitri "Demmy" Athens

Appearance: "Demmy" is a white male standing tall at 6'4'' with a muscular built body, dark brown hair hanging down to the length of his shoulders and hazel eyes that change colors from time to time. Chance wears black sweat pants that drag a bit at the cuff and a white short sleeve shirt. He usually goes bare foot unless on rough terrain. His battle scars can be see on his arms and located on various spots on his torso.

Personality: Demitri has seen a lot of combat in his life, he knows the feelings of loss and pain. But despite all of the mental and physical stress, he's known as one of the friendliest soldiers to ever walk the face of earth. Strict with his work but can have a good time with friends and co-workers alike, even his commanding officers and higher ranked officials. Demitri has been offered promotions, but he'd rather have a field job than a desk job, more exciting to him. He's one for the drink, every bartender knows his name, and no matter what he has a smile on his face and a story to tell. Definitely a social butterfly. Training and working are his strong points, and with his muscular body, he has little to be threatened with. With that mentality, he goes about like every day was his last, so he makes each moment count with something to remember by. Cross him or his friends though, the man will not hesitate to put a world of hurt on said person.

Weapons: Demitri is an expert sharpshooter with his sniper rifles and pistols. On his persons, he carried two pistols on both of his thighs (leg holsters), and two secured on the back of his belt. His spare ammo clips are kept at his side where normal soldiers hold their guns. Demitri is also a skilled martial artist with Capoeira and Ninjitsu, but when in doubt, unload a magazine and keep going.

Ability: During his years with HDF, Demitri has mastered his powers over Wind, giving him an added edge against his enemies. Able to control and manipulate the very air that surrounds him, Demitri can use his powers to defend (walls of strong wind currents, shields) or attack (balls of wind to knock down his enemies hard or simply push them down with a strong gust). Demitri has even practiced taking the very air out of someone's body to make them unconscious, but never kill unless it was ordered or his life depended on it.

However, with all the stress from years of combat and his age, it can be difficult for Demmy for focus on more than one task while he's using his powers. So using multiple wind techniques at once is impossible for him now.

• 2 weeks later...
[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Okay everyone, it is I, Knuckles' Girl. For some reason it wouldnt let me in as my normal name so I had to re register. Not my day. But I am back and I havent forgotten about this. I will be starting it soon. If you guys are still interested please send me a message on this account. Thanks for signing up everyone[/color][/font].

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Okay, there are two more people I'm looking for to sign up for this. But I've started it. So let's get this going.[/color][/font] Edited by Duo

• 3 weeks later...
Here's mine, if you'd still like another person. :)

[b]Name:[/b] Arisa Chucci [Sasa to her close friends]
[b]Age:[/b] 26
[b]Appearance:[/b] 5'2�, 110 lbs [she's a little stocky], with brilliant blue eyes
[url=http://tinypic.com/r/152cdax/7]Sasa[/url]
[b]Personality:[/b] Arisa is a little abrasive, a lot sarcastic, and has a rough exterior that few have the patience to penetrate. Her witty comments aren't meant to be insulting, just lightly barbed, but she often hurts peoples feelings. If she's alone, she feels it's better that way so as to avoid being hurt. No one's quite sure how she would act if you got past the thorny outside shell.
[b]Weapons:[/b] She carries an extendable steel pole that she uses as a billy club and bo staff. She carries a Beretta Px4 Storm on her hip as her only firearm, and a razor sharp machete in a spine sheath.
[b]Ability:[/b] Arisa is a technomancer. She can telekinetically control mechanics of almost all sorts, reprogram machines from the inside, and completely take apart and remake things into items she needs. The only draw backs are that if she tries to use something larger than she is, it drains her rather quickly and will take her a while to recover, as well as having the complete inability to work with anything silver-based.

• 2 weeks later...
[b]Name:[/b] Marcus Demos

[b]Age:[/b] 32
[b]
Appearance: [/b]Marcus is, quite literally, covered from head to toe with tattoos. Normally, this would seem rather normal since itâ??s not uncommon to see people with gratuitous amounts of them. Marcusâ?? tattoos are all of ancient symbols of magic that he collected over the years. The only tattoo he has that looks normal is on his chest, it is a group of seven crows with their wings expanded and of varying sizes. When looking at the crows more closely, they are intricately created by dozens of symbols per crow.

Marcus stands at about 5â?? 10â? and has a medium build, he has dark brown eyes. He is completely devoid of body hair, his head and eyebrows have been shaved and replaced with the symbols. Due to the magical charge of all the symbols, the hair does not grow back once it is removed from his body. He typically covers up by wearing a zip up hoodie and any pair of pants he can find, it is common to see him walk around with only sandals on. When he is going into a situation he knows he will involve conflict, he wears a hooded robe that he simply ties a piece of runed cloth around his waist.

[b]Personality: [/b]Marcus has a rather friendly personality, despite his rather extreme appearance. He prefers to be able to have long conversations with people around him, whether they are comrades or strangers. He laughs freely and focusâ?? more on strengthening his bond with others so he can form a coherent team.

There are, however, times where Marcus will retract into himself. Times where his memories of a troubled and far to eventful life that resulted in him covering his entire body in his trade. When those times arise, he pulls away from the world and looks inward, he becomes irritable and difficult to talk to. Luckily these moods of his donâ??t appear often which makes him bareable, even when his voice reaches almost obnoxious high levels when he jokes around with others.

[b]Weapons: [/b]Marcusâ?? primary weapon is his own body, or truthfully the symbols on his body are his primary weapon. He uses whatever fighting style he can think of to bring down his target, the only specific style he uses is called Dim Mok. Other than that, he occasionally carries around a .50 Desert eagle with runes and symbols carved into the bullets, each one down by his own hand to get it precisely right.

[b]Ability:[/b] Marcusâ?? ability is that of making symbols, especially known magic runes, into offensive or defensive weapons. The markings on his body are already permanently imbued with their distinct strengths; some are symbols for causing severe damage while others are there to provide a personal shield around his body. There are gabs in his armor of magic but not many make it through, other symbols on him provided more strength or agility for necessary situations. Any other symbol he draws out can be given a single property of his desire.

The rune itself does require that he give some of his own energy to give it strength, and the more powerful the runes ability, the more sever the drain is on his body. He typically tries to avoid from making the rune any more complicated than it has to be. Even his own personal runes are only effective if he can touch his target.

• 3 weeks later...
[color="#8B0000"]Name: Jason Talon

Appearance: [url="http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq107/Kira-Karix-chan/BloodyGuy.jpg"]Jason five years ago[/url]. He now has a scar running over his left eye and gained muscle mass due to his lycan curse. his body has been scarred repeatedly due to being in captivity.

Personality: easygoing carefree with a sarcastic side that tends to drive people wild at times. never seems to take anything seriously even when its a matter of life and death and prefers to let everything roll off his shoulders with a joke. the only thing that can provoe him though his any reference towards family or what happened during his mission when it was claimed kia. Unfortuantly he has no control over when he changes and everyone is a foe.

Weapons: two mp5 which he calls crowd control. other then that he just has two five inch long serrated daggers strapped to his thighs

Ability: Aside from his lycan curse. He has the ability to control elctricity whether it be throwing it from his hands to grabbing a metal object and transfering it through it. he drawback to his ability is that at times he has to occasionally release the static building up inside him otherwise his muscles would end up crushing him due to the static causing them to work harder he does this by changing forms. downside is that he goes beserk and attacks everything until calmed down or unconcious, in wolf mode everything is fair game both friend and foe he sees no difference. [/color] Edited by Sazabi