OtakuBoards

Witches: Mankinds Hope

Akieen Cloud

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]It had been a few days since Athen arrived at the small three story house, it was comfortable and she fell into the routine easy enough, get up, get to work, come home, dinner, training, bed. Only to do it all over again the next day. Today she was on break, the sun beat down on her as she sat in the lounge chair reading a book, her hair, which had been black a few days ago, was now deep red; she didn't have the heart to cut it. Reaching down she scratched the top of the furry head of the large Great Dane that roamed the house. His large brown eyes always made her feel safe for some reason, turning the page she blinked as her head swam.
[i]Alex...can you hear me...? Please love, I'm not giving up...[/i]
Grunting in pain she put her finger tips against her forehead and squeezed her eyes shut, it was the same voice she had been hearing for days now, deep and concerned. It sounded vaguely familiar but at the same time she had no idea who it was. Shaking her head she looked down and gave the dog a smile as he licked her leg trying to get her attention, scratching behind one of his large ears she shook her head.
"Yeah yeah, I hear you mutt, but I have work to do."
Standing she stretched and looked back as the front door shut, Tempest walking through the house looking more than alittle upset.
"God dammit!"
Arching an eye brow she made her way inside and leaned on the bar in the kitchen, the cool granite sending shivers up her arm, he looked over at her as he poured him self a glass of water, the move seeming so familiar to her she frowned as the man from her dreams came to her mind. Shaking it off she looked up at Mark.
"What happened?"
"Some pond scum sucking black coat showed up at the last minute. I couldn't get jack crap from the guy before the humans took him."
She nodded and grabbed a bottle of water from the air as he tossed it back to her.
"You know, tap water is the exact same as bottled right Athen?"
"Whatever, tap is nasty."
He shrugged and leaned back on the bar looking her over.
"You know, Leader said he has a job for you tonight. You think you'll be up to it?"
She replaced the cap on her water bottle and nodded.
"Yeah, I think I can handle it."
She turned and began to walk back outside to finish her sun bathing when Mark grabbed her attention.
"First time I've seen you in a bikini. You have a couple nasty looking scars there. One looks like a burn mark the other looks like you got stabbed by something. You don't remember any of that do you?"
She frowned as the same voice she'd been hearing for the past few days echoed in her head.
[i]Ali open your eyes! Please open your eyes![/i]
She shook her head, keeping her back to him as her eyes watered slightly.
"No. I don't."
"Had anything started to come back to you at all?"
She frowned more as more things filtered through her mind
[i]I love you-I want to give you everything-I'm glad you came...[/i]
She pinched the bridge of her nose and shook her head, she started walking back out doors when she answered him.
"No. I don't remember anything."
She sat back in the chair outside and went back to her book, reaching down and running her hand over the dogs large head over and over, as if to keep her thoughts calm. Later that day as the sun began to set Athen met a dark skinned man in the living room of the house, he was tall, and skinny with a head full of dreadlocks and dark chocolate brown eyes.
"Athen, I heard your ready for your first assignment."
"Yes leader."
"Good, the local police department is having a problem with a criminal they caught last night, he's a serial killer who goes for women and children, burying them alive with only a small straw for air, they die slowly. The police need a location on the 5 girls that recently vanished."
Athen nodded as she grabbed the keys to the Harley Fat Boy that rested in the garage, climbing on board she made sure her black trench coat wasn't going to get in her way, checking her knives and gloves she patted her pockets down and smiled.
"Wallet, lighter, smokes, keys, ID, and money."
Pulling the helmet over her head she kicked the bike to life and roared down the road, reaching the station in record time she hopped off, pulled the hemlet off and began to walk inside. Grunting as a sharp pain shot through her torso.
Back at the Athen's estate Sasa blinked as the computer in front of her began to beep, a red light blinking rapidly on the screen.
"There's no way... Hey guys!"
Many of the team rushed in, Marcus shook his head.
"Here we go again, another lead? I don't think we should tell Demetri."
As if summoned the man appeared, his face was pale and his eyes dull, a shadow of the man they were all used to seeing, he looked at the screen and frowned.
"Another lead?"
Sasa nodded slowly, Demetri merely squeezed his eyes shut and walked away, Sasa looked at Jason and Marcus who nodded and went to find Cloak.
Athen stared down at the man chained to the metal table, his eyes were shifting as she started down at him, after a few more moments she looked up at the officer next to her.
"In Death Valley, about 3 miles east of the south entrance."
The killer looked shocked as he looked at her, she simply walked away frowning as the flash of a camera went off.
"Your our new lie detector. Thanks so much for helping us out."
She turned and walked away, climbing back onto her bike she kicked it back to life and headed home, not even a minutes after she left, Marcus Pocket and Cloak arrived, asking around they came up empty, again. Returning to the estate they could hear the slamming and gusts of wind from Demetri as he rampaged in his room once again, just like every night as he desperately tried to reach out to Ali. Cloak took a deep breath as the beacon went off line again.
"We'll find her."
Marcus shook his head and flinched as Demetri shattered his window yet again.
"We have no idea where to look, not even my rune is working for some reason."
They looked around at each other and sighed as Demetri stalked past the computer room to wander aimlessly around the garden, still trying to get his thoughts to reach Ali.
[i]Please...answer me...where are you love?[/i]

Athen curled up on her bed as the voice echoed through her head again, over and over she heard the same voice, so full of pain and longing she tried to answer back feeling more than a bit ridiculous.
[i]Who are you?[/i]
Reaching over she flipped off her light and sank into sleep almost instantly, not hearing the reply, her dreams consisting of that one man and his warm and comforting touch. His Hazel eyes seeming to be burned into her subconscious.[/color][/font]

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcus and Jason shared a couple drinks as they pondered over how to find Ali. they were going over plans when suddenly Marcus looked at Jason. "I have and idea dont take this the wrong way but do you think that you could track her? You know like how a dog tracks its prey?" Jason shot Marcus a look. "I am not wearing a collar and fetching a ball if thats what your asking" Marcus laughed. "It does bring a pretty funny image but no" Jason pondered the idea for a moment. "The only problem is the wolf listened to me when our goals where on the same page. I dont know if they still are" Marcus tapped his chin. "I have a few ideas meet me outside in An hour"

An hour later Jason stood outside waiting on Marcus when suddenly he heard a bang and a bullet peirced his leg. His anger took over and switched into the wolf rehealing itself. It turned around to find Marcus holding the gun.

The wolf charged Marcus when he suddenly drew a blade of silver causing the wolf to stop. Marcus motioned to the blade. "You know what this is dont you?" The wolf growled its eyes gleaming. Marcus smiled realizing he had got the beast to listen. "I am Marcus a friend of Jason" The beast let out a snort. "Yes i know i shot him but i needed you to understand. You and him share the same body. You both wanted to kill Hank and you did. But now their is another problem i need you to let Jason have control again for."

The beast snorted again and tensed ready to pounce when Pocket walked around from behind him and uncorked a vial of Ali's blood. Suddenly the beast's eyes darted back adn forth between the two wondering where its pack member was. Marcus nodded realizing the beast was confused.

"This is Pocket another friend of Jason. We are no enemy too you. A member of your pack has gone missing and we are trying to find her. If you understand..." He paused for a second. "Pocket to do have a camera?" She made one appear. "Yes why?" Marcus turned towards the beast. "If you understand I need you to sit down and let me take a picure with you"

The beast sat down and Pocket took the picture. "Jason is going to kill you, you do realize right?" Marcus nodded. "I know bit he is always making jokes." He turned towards the beast. "Give me Jason" The beast reverted and jason bore a very pissed off look causing Marcus to take a step back. "Marcus you are so dead". Marcus held up his hands in surrender. "But someone needs to go talk to Demetri and i am in no condition to take a punch"

Jason sighed as he made his way to Demetri's room. He opened the door and dodged a wind blast. He took one look at Demetri and started laughing. "You look like ****" Demetri shot him an angry look. "Jason leave me alone" Jason shrugged. "No" Wsuddenly and blast of wind threw him through the wall. He casually brushed himself off as he stood up. "still no" Another blast sent him outside the buidling. Jason started laugh!ng. "Hey Demetri. Its still a no you punk" Demetri landed on the ground as Jason stood up. "Your no good for her" Suddenly Jason found himself being pummeled repeatedly by Demetri as tears streamed out his eyes cursing Jason with every hit. Jason suddenly used his power to send Demetri into a series of convulsions allowing him to stand up his wounds already healed. He stood the surge and whispered int( Demetris ear. "If you really are the guy for her you will travel with me and the others to her last known location to see what we find. You will not speak to anyone we meet there only fight if called upon" Jason ended his point by charging up his arm and delivering a backhand that sent Demetri sliding across the estate.

[color="#000080"][i]Two weeks had passed and things were going as usual, work, train, sleep, do it all over again, it was beginning to get boring to Athen, not to mention the voice was getting more and more persistent. Along with the fact that she had begun to see strange people showing up close to the house off and on as if looking for something, or someone. Today was another of her days off and she was spending it in the basement working herself down on the punching bag. The sounds of her hits sounding muffled against the bag as she hit it over and over. Sweat dripped off her chin as she worked harder and harder kicking the bag til she could hear the seams screaming in protest. With a final powerful kick the seams gave way and spilled sand across the floor. Dropping to her knees she took long labored breaths, realizing that tears were mixing with the sweat falling off her face. Rolling on to her back she covered her eyes with her arm and let a quiet sob pass her lips. The dream she had experienced the night before swimming back to her mind to haunt her. The hands felt so real, so warm, so comforting it made her wish that she hadn't woken up. The loving Hazel eyes of the unknown man brought a pain to her heart. She sighed as she looked up at the ceiling, Her heart was hammering against her chest as she replayed the dream over and over finally coming to a decision that she knew would happen eventually. Getting up she walked quickly to her room and began to pack the small bag that they had given her along with the few possessions she had gained, getting dressed in a pair of bell bottom jeans and a low cut yellow shirt she grabbed her trench coat and keys and ran down the stairs. Looking around she sighed in relief as the house was still empty, grabbing a set of keys from the small hook she ran out to the garage and hit the lock button. The car to her left beeped at her and she smiled as she saw the Z 28 96 Camero shining in the buildings light, the jet black pain making the car look sleek. Jumping over the railing she landed on her feet and opened the door, climbing in she turned over the engine and chuckled as it roared to life. Putting it in reverse she opened the garage door and slammed the gas to the floor and pealed out, swinging the car around she hit the road and threw it into drive and screeched down the road leaving the smell of burnt rubber in her wake. Flipping on the radio she took a deep breath and let it out, this was something she had to do and she knew it. She had to find the person who haunted her dreams, that man...she didn't know how or from where, but something told her she knew him. She drove all day, only stopping to fill up on gas or to take a bathroom break and get something to eat, as the sun began to set she pulled off at a gas station and looked at her map. She was heading North, not really even sure of where she going when a thought struck her, closing her eyes she brought back the image of those Hazel eyes and tried to project her thoughts to that man.
[b]Can you hear me? Are you there?[/b]
She sighed feeling more and more like a crazy person, leaning back in the seat she closed her eyes and tried to think of where she should go when she heard that voice.
[b]A-Ali?[/b]
She sucked in a shocked breath and tried her best to answer back.
[b]My name is Athen...who are you?[/b]
She waited, and waited, and waited but got no response back, cracking her neck she looked back at her map and let out a tired sigh, folding it back she grunted as the sharp pain that had been occurring for a while came back, always in the same place, in her torso directly under the left part of her rib cage. Putting the map in the passenger seat she looked up through the windshield and screamed as three people looked back at her. One man had tanned skin that seemed to be covered in blue tattoos, the other was another man who looked double her age, dressed in a midnight blue cape and the last man made her breath catch. The Hazel eyes looking into her's were the ones from her dreams, the same loving look held in them as they searched her face. Turning off the car she opened the door and slid from the drivers side slowly, she closed the door and leaned on the frame of the vehicle.
"Do...do you people know me?"
The largest man of the three took a step forward and reached towards her only to have his arm grabbed by the man dressed in the cape.
"Demetri, she doesn't remember us...take it slow."
She blinked and looked at the ground, scuffing her heeled boot against the dirt she looked back at them.
"So you do know me?"
The large man pulled from the others grasp and took another step towards her, his eyes seemed so sad and she felt her heart began to speed up as he got closer. She didn't feel threatened, but her blood heated and she felt light headed. Closing her eyes she tried to regain her balance and gasped as she felt his hands on her shoulders, his hands felt so warm on her arms, even through her coat, looking up at him she felt a sharp pain sear through her head and leaned forward resting her forehead against his chest. She took a deep breath, taking in his scent at the same time the smell making her head swim more, images began to flash through her head, her dreams, and what felt like memories that were not her's. Looking up she saw him looking down at her, his eyes shining brightly from unshed tears, cupping her face in his large hand the motion feeling so familiar to her even though this man was a total stranger to her. Without thinking she stood on her toes and softly pressed her lips to his.
"D-Demetri..."[/i]

Sitting straight up in her bed Athen wiped the sweat from her face, she had been dreaming. Looking around her room she brought her knees up as another sharp pain went through her torso, crossing her arms she rested them on her knees and took deep breaths. Those eyes haunting her, looking over at her clock she groaned as it flashed 3am at her, almost tauntingly. Dropping back into her pillows she looked over at Jet who slept peacefully in her bed and felt a pang of jealousy shoot through her.
"Wish I could sleep like that."
Slipping from her bed she pulled on her robe and padded through the house, she stopped as she heard Mark and Leader talking to each other down stairs, she leaned on the railing as her curiosity got the better of her.
"Athen made the papers, the local force has named her their human lie detector. Is it alright that she has that kind of publicity Leader?"
"Some one who knows her may see the picture and be able to find her. She might find out who she is."
Mark sighed, the sound disappointed and sad.
"Tempest, do you not want her to find her family?"
"I don't know, I enjoy having her here."
"Mark, we can not keep her here forever. You know that."
"I know...I just don't want to see her go."
"Have you developed feelings for Athen?"
The silence that followed answered the question.
"I see. If she remembers her past and has a lover waiting for her, what will you do than?"
"I don't know Leader...all I know is I want to enjoy the time I have while she's here."
Athen exhaled a breath she hadn't realized she had been holding, she should have felt flattered at Mark's feelings, but instead she felt nothing. She thought back to her dream, that man, Demetri...shaking her head she ducked into the bathroom and washed her face clean of the sweat and went back to bed. Laying down she simply stared at the ceiling, closing her eyes she thought of the voice and tried to get in touch with it.
[i]Is your name Demetri? Do you know me? Can you even hear me?[/i]
She lay there, once again feeling stupid as she rolled onto her side and tried to drift back into oblivious sleep, the name repeating in her mind.
[i]Demetri...[/i][/color]

The first half of this is a dream...just in case someone gets confused. ^^

Another week and a half, still no trace of their team leader as Alpha team continued to search the sighting locations Ali has been spotted in, even with the blood scent Jason obtained, they couldn't get there fast enough or her scene would be too far gone for the wold to trace out. Marcus continued to help Jason with controlling his wolf form transformation and built up rage, progress seemed limitless as the mystic spent less time and energy placing ruins on his ally. Demitri, on the other hand, changed into a completely different person than he once was. Hardly getting a good nights rest, spending whatever waking hours he had looking at the locator screen to see if her homing beacon would go off while he was on watch, sending telepathic signals every so often just to rest his mind that she was alright. He would hear some faint whispers in the air as he kept to himself, he even refused to be checked up on by his mother or patch, there was a lot of tension also with the God's sighting in the North and South America areas. Echo and Fox squads were sent to both locations to do some scouting to find clues. One by one, HDF members came out of hiding and reported in to the Commandant via encrypted signals, about 60 percent of the bases personnel was accounted for, but everyone still remained hidden for the time being until they could clear out their old base or rebuild a new one. A week ago, demitri got a mental reply from Ali, the happiest he's ever been as he tried his hardest to contact her back, but nothing seemed to work or reach her, his body was tired and exhausted from the lack of sleep and nutrition. The giant sat in his room, his old high school room filled with memories of friends, achievements and his personal items when he was growing up, now sitting at his homework desk, leaving only the lamp light on as he reclined in his chair. His hair grew longer by a couple of inches, it had been a while since he cut it, but he liked the feeling of it being free as he threw his head back feeling the long strands rest in the air. The rocks glass on his desk kept cool thanks to the ice inside, only chilling the whiskey that filled half the glass as condensation took its toll and dripped water onto the polished wood. There was a knocking on the door to his large room, Demitri didn't answer, he simply picked up his glass and took a long sip, feeling the liquor burn as he swallowed, pinching his eyes for a moment at the taste before taking a short gasp for air. The door opened slowly as Pocket and Lily entered the dark room, seeing only Demitri in the dim light.

"Demmy...?" Pocket held onto Lily's hand as they both entered slowly, adjusting their eyes to the environment, the sun was full and bright outside, but Demitri kept his blinds closed to add to the darkness. The giant lifted his head slowly, the head rush sinking in as he closed his eyes to focus on his team mate. Pocket could see his facial hair growing, she never knew he could grow hair so fast, but Demitri was usually clean cut on his face. Lately though, that wasn't the case. "Demmy, come on now, you have to get some rest and relax. We know Ali is alive and well, we just haven't been able to spot her on time. But we'll find her." She smiled, noticing the bottle of Irish whiskey almost half empty, the giant merely snickered a little before he took another sip. Crushing Pocket's feelings, she frowned at his response, it was Lily who broke the silence then.

"Come on second big brother, you should come out and play with us" She smiled, still unaware of their current situation and what they faced. The soldier closed his eyes and shoot his head slowly before turning to face his desk where his laptop sat, he moved his finger on the mouse pad softly to bring the computer back to life. On the screen showed files of the sightings of unknown events happening in North America, most likely due to Set, but the South America troubles were slim, just an unusual area still kept quiet. More windows popped up about last sightings of Ali, reports made by Sasa and Cloak as Demitri continued to read the detailed writings about witness reports. Very accurate, but still it gave them nothing of use to finding her exact location. Pocket walked closer behind Demitri and placed a hand on his shoulder softly, the man only grunted silently as he continued to read the reports while pouring himself another glass, spilling the whiskey on the desk slightly as his hand shook.. Another figure entered the room, but more skillfully and quietly, this time it was Marcus who still seemed shadowed in the dark room, looks like he had some urgent news.

"There was a sighting in Texas, another woman matching Ali's skill and figure was spotted." Demitri's heart raced as he tried to stand from his chair, but he was pushed gently back down by pockets hand.

"We've already sent Jason, Sasa, and Tank. Cloak just returned now from taking them." Pocket said softly, Lily found a wall next to the door and was feeling around for the light sqitch, finally finding her goal she flicked the light on, the bright rays of electric light burned Demitri's eyes as he was unprepared for the change. The man yelled and hissed as his eyes filled with tears that stung bad, his vision blurry, he aimed his hand towards Lily. "DEMMY NO!!!" Pocket jumped onto the mans large arm, as he fired his wind blast, she moved it in enough time for his aim to hit the door that was mere inches away from her body to the left. Lily stood there shaking for a moment before tears formed in her eyes as she looked back at Pocket hold onto Demitri's arm, the man shot up from his chair and tossed the girl off, thankfully she landed on his old bed with a bounce, but still yelping from the surprise impact. Marcus stood back for a moment after witnessing the actions by his commanding officer.

"Are you out of you blasted mind?" He roared, quickly making his way to the side of his bed to assist Pocket, Demitri still continued to rub his eyes to adjust to the light. He shot a couple more blasts towards Lily, the tiny girl ducked down and covered her head with her hands as the blasts tore through the wall multiple times, sending plaster and brick dust onto her covered body. Marcus immediately drew a rune on his palm and aimed it towards Demitri, conjuring up a small flare of fire to send the man away and stop his assault, Pocket rushed over to Lily and picked the girl up in her arms. "Get out of here Pocket" Marcus shouted as he held his spot, watching Demitri step back as he looked down on his alli who seemingly was attacking his superior officer, Pocket didn't answer as she exited the room, shortly followed by Marcus as more wind blasts came shooting behind the mystic, one by one they missed until Demitri stepped out of his room and fired some more. Both Pocket and Marcus dodged the attacks as they ran towards the grand staircase, turning the corner they could see a couple of commanders and soldiers alike stand at the base wondering what was happening.

"Is it another attack?!?" Patch asked as he saw the two run down the stairs.

"Demmy has lost it you guys, where's the Commandant?!!?!" She gasped for air as she checked on Lily to make sure she was alright, besides a couple of scratches, she was perfectly fine. Demitri turned the corner and looked down upon his fellow soldiers and agents, his gazed seem lazy as he stumbled his way down the staircase, one step at a time as he continued to look at the group. It was then the Commandant and Madam touch entered the main entrance in shock.

"What in the world is going on out here?!?!" Madam Touch yelled, she felt a finger tap her shoulder as she looked over, seeing her son making his way down the stairs, she covered her mouth with her hand. "Oh no..." The Commandant shot Demitri an evil eye as he spoke.

"Demitri Athens, this has gone on long enough" The Commandant walked to the first step of the staircase, keeping his arms behind his back as he stood poised and ready. The giant didnt answer as he shot a couple of wind slices at his father, making the whole group gasp at his action. But with skill and experience, the Commandant produced a personal shield just in time to save himself from the attack as they vanished upon impact. "Whats wrong with you boy?" The Commandant tried to reach his son, but he got nothing but more wind attacks sent towards him and the other soldiers, the Commandant expanded his powers to cover the group as Demitri stopped halfway down the staircase and lowered his arms to his side.

"Commander Athens, you must stop this at once" Vortex shouted as he grabbed Demitri's hands from behind and held them firmly, Demitri didn't resist, only mumbled a few words.

"Alex..." he whispered, suddenly the sunny sky vanished as black clouds appeared, quicker than before when the giant unleashed his tornado attack at the HDF base.

"EVERYONE, BRACE YOURSELVES!!" The Commandant roared as he added more power to his shield, within seconds the room caved in when the wind funnel dropped onto Demitri's body, Vortex was able to vanish in time before getting hit. The gale force winds tore the entrance hall piece by piece, drawing in pictures, tables and trash into its winds. it was at that time Cloak came back with the Alpha team that went to search for Ali, but they were met with wind as they were thrown in the air and against the wall.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?!?" Jason shouted, instantly, Tank transformed his body and landed on his feet, unaffected by the whistling winds that tried to sweep him up.

"Tank, bring us to him" Madam Touch yelled over the rushing winds, he only nodded as he made his way towards the shield and grabbed both Madam touch and Patch, safely tucking them in his arms he ran towards the wind funnel and entered the wall of wind. Reach the center after a moment, the three saw Demitri floating slightly in the middle of his own funnel, Madam touch reached out to her son and grabbed his hand. "I'm sorry baby" Within seconds, her green glow surrounded his body and slowly withdrew into her hand, at the same time, all of Demitri's old scars and injuries began to show again, making them bleed and produce enough pain to snap the man out of his entropy. The giant gasped as his feet met the step and the vortex vanished, the Commandant dropped his shield as the others looked upon the commander, stumbling forward he lost his footing and fell, only to be caught by Tank's massive arm. Patch got the hint and placed his own hands on Demitri, healing his wounds back up, even his scars as the pale color sprang back into his body.

"His powers are growing when stressed is introduced" The Commandant spoke, Tank transformed back to his human form as Lily ran to hug his leg as she cried silently. The giant giving a low, soft moan seeing the girl upset.

"Just like Jason, he can't distinguish friend from foe in that state" Marcus spoke up

"Take him to his room and seek him sedated Patch, and Commander Swift...clean this mess if you wouldn't mind." The Commandant brushed his shirt off with his hands, there was disappointment and worry in his voice when he gave his command. Tank picked up Demitri and both went back upstairs. "Any word?" The commandant looked over at Jason and Sasa, the woman reached in her back pocket and took out a rolled up newspaper and handed it to her superior. Taking the parchments, the Commandant opened and read the information and smiled. "Well, so that's where you've been hiding Miss Tal-wait....Athens?!?!" He chuckled in his mind, but kept a serious face. "Alright, prepare your team and extract her by any means, I want a group to be going. Expect something to be up if she hasn't decided to return to base,maybe she's being held hostage. This is simply a steak out until we can make sure it's the real one this time." Sasa saluted the Commandant while Jason snorted through his nose. Back in Demitri's room, the giant laid on his back as he drifted off into another lucid dream, still communicating with the distant voice that haunted his soul while he was awake.

([color="#4169E1"][i][b]Alex...It's me, Demitri. I could use an orange right about now[/b][/i][/color]) He chuckled in his mind as his eyes sank down until they shut. (I[i][b][color="#4169E1"]'m here waiting for you...my love[/color][/b][/i])

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"][i]Alex...It's me, Demitri. I could use an orange right about now...I'm here waiting for you...my love[/i]
Athen dropped to her knees as the voice echoed in her head.
"Dammit...Tempest, I'm gonna go train."
"B-But you have a meeting with the local force again don't you?"
"I don't want my picture in the god forsaken paper again Mark! You handle it!"
She shook her head and walked to her room, changing she grabbed the i-pod Leader had given her and strapped her tennis shoes to her feet, walking down the stairs she stopped as a nervous feeling struck her, excitement and hope filled her from an unknown source, shaking her head she continued out the door unaware that on the hill top to her left Frost, Pocket, Jeff, Marcus, Jason and Sasa were looking through binoculars at her. Pocket spoke up quietly.
"Is it really her?"
Marcus answered her.
"She must have dyed her hair, but that does appear to be Alex. Same height, same build, same features, just different color hair."
They watched as she began to stretch for her run and stood up putting her hands on her hips as another person came jogging from the house.
"Athen, wait!"
"What's up Mark?"
"You know you've been here almost 3 weeks now...has anything started to come to you at all?"
She shook her head slowly.
"I have these dreams, but nothing besides that...I hear a voice that keeps calling to me as well, but other than that nothing, why?"
"Leader just called with some information, our affiliates, the Human Defense?"
She nodded allowing him to continue.
"The Eastern base said that everyone has been on look out for someone who matches your description, only their operative as black hair."
"I had black hair when you found me..."
He nodded.
"They say she went missing about 3 weeks ago...that's around the same time we found you."
"Do you think...I could be their missing operative?"
Mark nodded with a smile and put his hand on her shoulder.
"It's a possibility."

Up on the hill Sasa let out a gasp as the girl turned around, her black sports bra leaving her back exposed.
"It's Ali alright. Look at the scars!"
Pocket looked and let out a weak laugh, tears forming in her eyes.

Athen blinked a few times before her head shot up, her eyes meeting Marks.
"What's wrong Athen, do you not want to go?"
"It's not that, how do we get a hold of them?"
"Your excited?"
"I want to know who I am! I keep having dreams, hearing voices and I want an explanation!"
He nodded and walked inside to speak with Leader who came out a moment later.
"Athen, or should I call you Alex for I believe that to be your real name."
She closed her eyes as the voice echoed in her head again and than shook her head.
"Ali...call me Ali..."
He smiled and nodded, walking over he gave her a hug and held her at arms length.
"You have made me proud, and I am happy to have had you here for the time we did."
She nodded, a small smile playing at her lips.
"I'm grateful for everything you've done. Can you find them for me?"
"My dear, they have found you."
He looked towards the hill top and motioned for them to come down, Ali watched, confused as one by one a group of people came from the hill, one running, a young man with light colored hair, almost white, she squeaked as he wrapped his arms around her and swung her back and forth.
"Ali! Your alright! We were all so worried and I tried to track you but you always dissipated. By the way, how did you do that?"
As the man put her down she shook her head and pushed him away gently.
"I have no idea who you are, but you smell like dog."
The group laughed, looking at one to the other she felt a mixture of confusion and disappointment flow through her, with out thinking she turned to the man covered in a brown cloak.
"Where's Demetri?"
The group gasped in a collective as she shook her head and frowned, Marcus stepped forward and put his hand on her shoulder chuckling slightly.
"Let's go home Ali."
She nodded slowly as Leader came from the house with her duffel bag full of the possessions she had gained while being there.
"Good luck dear Ali. Stay in touch."
She nodded.
"Thank you again, for everything."
She yelped as a feeling of being pulled began to seep into her being and black mist covered her body, next thing she knew she was in a large garden full of flowers, looking up she blinked as a large mansion stood infront of her, a dozen or so people sitting on the roof trying to repair what looked like a giant hole. She looked around and jumped when she realized she was alone, running to catch up she ducked her head down as people began to talk. One man in particular strode forward, he was large, with graying hair and facial hair, he had on small glasses that accented his face, but his demeanor was intimidating.
"Talon, glad you could rejoin us."
Marcus stepped forward and leaned in to whisper something in the man's ear.
"I see, a memory wipe is it? Get Retract here as soon as possible, see if it's reversible."
"She remembers Demetri. She asked about him when we picked her up."
The man turned, looking between Marcus and her over and over.
"Take her to see him. I think he could use a pick me up and it might help her regain some of her memory."
Marcus nodded and motioned for her to follow him, she did so hesitantly as they went up the large stair case and left down the hall, he stopped at a door that looked as if it had been replaced a few times, he opened the door slowly.
"Commander, some one here would like to see you."
"Go away Marcus. How many times do I have to tell people I don't want to see them"
Marcus chuckled.
"I think you want to see this one."
He opened the door and stepped aside allowing Ali to enter, she did so slowly trying to let her eyes adjust to the dark room, a single lamp was flipped on on the desk and she jumped as the door shut behind her. Feeling her hands begin to sweat she tucked a strand of her bangs behind her ear and tilted her head to the side trying to get a better look at the man on the bed.[/color][/font] Edited by Knuckles' Girl

[size="1"][b]"Thank the gods we found her."[/b] Marcus whispered to himself as he stood against the door frame, the fight with Demetri had taken more out of him than he thought it would. He slowly pushed off from the frame and proceeded to walk through the hall down to the stair way, he spotted Jason standing on the stairwell. Marcus stopped in front of him and gave him a reassuring pat on the shoulder.
[b]
"Give them some time Jason, seeing you didn't jog her memory enough. Maybe he will."[/b] Jason snorted at the comment.
[b]
"It's stupid to believe that, she keeps going further deeper into this **** because of him. He tried to kill us for gods sake!"

"So have you Jason, you've stuck those claws into my skin a few times now."[/b] Marcus retorted in a calm voice. He could see Jason was getting riled up, this point would have usually brought out the wolf in him, but with all the daily training it was becoming easier for Jason to exert control. At this point, Jason had only two runes on his body, and these only provided a safety net for Jason. Marcus was relieved when he saw Jason start to calm down, he simply sat against the rail crossing his arms and nestling into his own thoughts. The mystic bowed his head to Jason and proceeded down the stairs, they were pretty destroyed before, hardly anything had been left to traverse. But, thankfully they had been able to get a crew in here to repair the manor, plus a few members who had the ability to control the materials and fashion them into the right pieces made the process that much faster.

Marcus saw the other team members as he head to his own room, Pocket and Lily were currently coloring to their hearts content while Tank was sitting on in a chair beside Lily and watched their progress. Jeff was nowhere in sight and Sasa was passed out asleep on one of the couches, sprawled out all over the place Marcus had to chuckle a little a the sight. Others were seen about but he was nearing his room and focused only on that. When he finally arrived and went in and sat on his bed, he had asked Tank to take the bed out but Madam Touch had denied the request even when Marcus explained how he didn't sleep. She had said it would be better suited for the room if they ran out of space and needed to house more member's.Marcus reached over to his night stand picked up the picture he had taken, examining the details of the photo still made him grin. Especially the ridiculous smile he had put on while Jason had his muzzle pulled back, exposing his razor teeth. Marcus would keep this photo for several lifetimes.
[i]
If I make it that long.[/i] He thought to himself as he gingerly touched new scar on his chest, still pink and sensitive to the touch, it had been weeks since that fight with Sybille and it had taken his body that long to heal the wound enough to form a scar. Fortunately the runes had manifested themselves over the scar, making Marcus feel relieved that he didn't need to go through the tattooing process to fill in the blanks. He didn't use his powers these days, the poison from Sybille's blade was potent against his blood and it ran through his body now. Every time he drew a new rune, every time he refreshed one, he felt his energy drop and his body went slightly numb. The more he used his powers the more he felt like a corpse, at one point he had started to internally bleed at his joints, the dark splotches had spread through out his body after one of their search missions.

Madam Touch was gonna try to heal him when he turned her away, yelling and thrashing weakly as he kept her away from him. He didn't know how the poison would affect her, he didn't want to risk it since he couldn't even cure himself right now. Soon enough, the splotches vanished and he began to look more like a person again, that was a sign for him that his body was fighting it as long as he didn't use his powers. So, all he did now was go for an observation party, he wasn't the most discreet but he was able to use his knowledge to concoct different methods of finding their lost team leader.

He set the picture aside and rose from his bed, he was about to do his rounds around the estate. It wasn't necessary but he had to keep his mind occupied while he waited for another lead, any lead was a good one at this point. He had lied to Demetri about his rune, well slightly lied, he had a general direction she was in but go farther than 10 steps from the estate and he lost her connection. It had been enough that had keep him hopeful, the rune would keep telling him her direction as long as her heart still beat, and it had proven to be successful in the end. He looked around at the gardens, taking time to enjoy the flowers and the hard work that went into maintaining these grounds. He came across Blues sitting on one of the garden benches. His swords weren't in his possession this time, he had changed out of his squad uniform and wore simple jeans with a navy blue shirt, and the bandanna still around his neck, the color worn from it and a few holes could be seen through it. Marcus seated himself beside Blues and stretched out, letting out a groan as he did so.
[b]
"Do you really only own blue clothing? I mean good gods man, you look like a blue otter pop!"[/b] Blues couldn't help but laugh out loud, tilting his head back so you could hear the robustness of it all.
[b]
"These are actually not my clothes, I only had the uniform. These are Demetri's clothes."

"From when? When he was 10 years old?"[/b] Both of them laughed at that one.

"Marcus, what happened to you 10 years ago?"
[b]
"What do you mean, I've been on missions like everyone else."

"Except your file says you haven't been back to an HDF base since you were 22 years old. You've been in the field all that time."[/b] Marcus face darkened as the memory came back from all those years ago.
[b]
"What else did you read in my files Blues?"[/b] He shrugged his shoulders.
[b]
"Just that you're squad met their end six month prior to your disappearance. Nothing else was mentioned and everyone believes that is the reason you vanished."[/b] Marcus focused his gaze on Blues.
[b]
"And what do you think Blues?"

"I think there is more to it. Everyone attributed too much to Masan, I understand you wanting to kill Sybille for that, but you could have collected the most Elite units and we could have all gone after him. You did it for other reasons."[/b] Marcus couldn't help but show a grin on his face.
[b]
"You were always smarter than anyone thought, you could have been a detective Blues."

"Well I try. Now, Why did you disappear?"[/b] Marcus let out a deep breath, trying to think where he should start.
[b]
"Blues, first tell me how you got your powers."[/b] Blues shrugged as he spoke the answer.
[b]
"I was born with them, just like everyone else."[/b] Marcus nodded.
[b]
"That is correct, we're all born with gifts. However, it has been discovered that almost all of us are genetically made with our powers already inside of us. My family, however, were not born with our powers like that, ours were given to us by a god, if my family was told correctly. Ours powers are made of pure magic."[/b] Blues nodded.
[b]
"That is an interesting story, still doesn't explain why you left."

"I'm getting there Blues, patience is key my friend. Anyways, every male in my family has the same power. We can all control runes, its always been that way and every boy born with these powers varies in strength. When I was born I was able to produce runes out of thin air, destroyed my room multiple times and was able to dispel all the runes my father used to keep me in my crib."[/b] Blues let out a laugh with the last statement.
[b]
"Now I know why he was always so angry when we told him those stories about escaping from jail those times, and when you made that mail box explode, that was priceless."[/b] Marcus gave Blues a swift smack on the back of his head.
[b]
"I only blew up the mail box because you bet me 20 bucks to do it, which you still owe me. Now let me finish dammit!"[/b] Blues held his hands up as his laughter slowly died out.
[b]
"Anyways, since our powers are magic based they aren't limited to one body, they can go where ever the host wills them."

"You can give up your powers if you want?"[/b] Marcus shifted uncomfortable as he searched for the next works.
[b]
"I can, but I wouldn't want too."[/b] Blues had a confused look on his face.
[b]
"If or when we will our powers to another, it takes our life force with it. Willing our powers away kills us."[/b] Marcus stated blatantly, Blues eyes widened as he started to see where the story was going.
[b]
"Did your father...."

"My father and my grandfather did."[/b] Marcus said as he ended Blues sentence. Blues was shocked now, leaning against the bench with a dumbfounded look.
[b]
"Why would they both will them to you?"

"They knew about Sybille at the time, they also knew about Masan and decided they would give me the power to destroy him."

"And why haven't you Marcus? If you really are that strong."[/b] Marcus sighed.
[b]
"Because I'm pretty sure if I unleashed all the magic in me, I would destroy me and probably anyone in a 200 mile radius. I can control my own energy and some of what my father gave me. The rest I keep barricaded in my body, shielded away because its too much for me now. In a 100 years i'll be able to let it out without worry but that's too much time, my meditation speeds it up to a degree but not enough. I spent those 10 years trying to control my powers again, Sybille became a side project until now"[/b] Blues felt as if his mind had just been blown away, the floor had been pulled out from under him and he was now falling through the abyss. He didn't know what to say, he had known Marcus for almost 20 years now, he thought he would have been informed of this. Blues rose from the bench and looked down at his friend.
[b]
"I'm going for a walk, come find me later. Go be with your team, mystic, they needed you more right now."[/b] Blues disappeared after that, Marcus stood from the bench and went back inside, sitting on the floor beside Pocket as they continued to color. [/size] Edited by Dassem Ultor

Demitri was in no mood to see anyone, even with the good intentions of his ally, the giants has even refused to see his parents after showing such disrespect when he was troubled and stressed out about finding Ali. But, there had to have been a good reason for Marcus to let this person into his room at such a time, maybe it was to calm his nerves or give him some clarity of the whole situation they were in, in either case, the giant was still opposed to the idea.

"Listen..." Demitri spoke in a soft, yet stern whisper. "I don't know why you're here and frankly I don't care". Demitri rose himself from the bed and sat the the edge, looking outside of his window having his back to the stranger in his room, something was weird though. He didn't feel threatened by this persons presence. Demitri looked outside into the garden and pool area, Marcus could be seen strolling along the walkways until he met up with another soldier and they began to talk on their own. The giant sighed as he shook his head and made his way towards the work desk, taking his empty rocks glass and filling it up with more Whiskey to the brim. Picking up the glass he swallowed half the contents before hissing to himself about the mistake he just made. 'If you don't have any information on Alex...then don't bother speaking to me one bit" Demitri finished as he looked down at his glass, the rocks of ice floated in the warm liquor as he swished the contents around a little in his hand. That's when the stranger made itself known, with a voice that caught Demitri's attention at heart.

"Are-are you the man that I've been seeing in my dreams lately? Demitri...?" She spoke carefully as she made her way to the only place that showed light in the room, his work desk. Demitri stood tall as he tried to make the figure out in the darkness, but he needed no help knowing who she was when she came in full view in the light. The man nearly let the glass slip from his fingers as he stared down at Alex, her new hair color almost threw him off, but the rest of her body was more than enough to prove she was the real thing.

"Alex..." He gasped as he placed the glass on the polished wood before placing his hands on her shoulders, he looked all over her body, making sure each legs were as strong as they were, her eyes, nose, mouth, smell...everything about her was the real thing, they had found her finally. She was alive and safe, and now she was back with the team. "Heh...when we spoke weeks ago...you called yourself Athens, kinda funny" He chuckled as he knelt on one knee to meet her height, she smiled a bit when Demitri placed his hand on her cheek, cupping the side of the womans face, feeling the warmness of her body radiate into his hand.

"Just what's so funny about that?" She wondered.

"Well...that's my last name, you know that very well" Demitri caught the woman blushing, but the look in her eyes told the man she didn't know that at all. "You do remember that much, right?"

"Actually, it was just a name that came to me naturally, but I liked the tone it had. But I know my real name now" She spoke as she placed a hand on the mans chest slowly, she was hesitant at first, but then mustered the corage to place it over his heart, the steady beat relaxed her own as she looked into his hazel eyes.

"I see" Demitri thought, the memory wipe must have been wearing off slowly, but still a lot of things didn't come back to her. Demitri hoped they wouldn't after what she went through in the military base with Sybille and Hank, and with Demitri not being able to protect her from then when the time came. "Well, I hope this can jog something in that mind of yours" Ali looked puzzled until the man brought his lips to hers with a soft, yet demanding hug, bringing their bodies together. Demitri's head was rushing, he had imagined this moment happening for weeks now, just to have her safe and with him in a place that wouldn't effect work or their own personal lives. The kiss was more than enough to relax the giant as he placed his other hand behind Ali's head, grasping her long hair in the process as he hungered for her kiss like a wild animal. Ali didn't seem to miss the message as she placed her hands around Demitri's neck, feeling weak at the knees from the kiss and embrace he had on her. The giant surprised the girl when she was lifted up quickly, moving away from the desk and back to the shadows, he made his way to his bed and slowly placed Ali on her back upon the soft mattress before joining her, holding himself up as he looked down on his love. "I've missed you so much" Ali gasped as he leaned down to kiss her once again, a soft moan escaped her lips as he broke the kiss for some air.

"I missed you too, my heart did the most. I know this is right where I want to be" She smiled up at him. Demitri stood on his knees as he began to remove his shirt, shocking the woman a little until it came completely off and was tossed to the side. Her eyes may have adjusted to his figure, but not what was on his body. Slowly, Demitri searched for her hand as he rolled to her side while holding her, now lying on his back while Ali laid on top of the giant. He paced her hand on his bare chest.

"Do you remember these scars Alex?" Demitri asked as he released her hand from his grasp, the giant could feel the woman outlining the marks of his body with her slender finger tip, something seemed to be happening in her mind that Demitri was hoping to happen. Slowly she moves from one scar to the next, hinting a small smile from her lips as she laughed to herself, it almost seemed like guilty pleasure to her.

"I do somewhat, but I think they make you look handsome" She whispered, Demitri blushed as he placed his hands on her thighs tight.

"Alex...I meant what I said to you before" The girl looked into his eyes questionable of his remark. "I want to be with you, and only you. Just have you in my life to worry about, forever" Demitri looked into her eyes, they were beginning to tear up slowly, lifting his hand from her thigh, the giant brushed away the tears before they could fall, Ali smiling slightly from the comment.

"When I can remember everything, I would like that. But...I need some time" She opened her eyes again to see her crush smiling back at her, he understood she needed time to regain all of her memories, Demitri just hoped the bad ones wouldn't plague her mind like they did before. The giant simply nodded to the woman, he could tell she was a bit tired from all the excitement, her eyes seemed to fall on their own as she resisted the urge to rest. Demitri held onto her thighs once again and slowly rolled the girl down to her side, once her head hit the pillow, it was easy for her to surrender to the sleep her body really needed. Demitri covered her body with his thin sheet before he planted a kiss on her cheek.

"Don't worry" Demitri whispered before he got an idea. He placed his forehead on her's and thought his words. "[color="#0000FF"][b][i]I'll always be here[/i][/b][/color]". The giant carefully left the bed and made it to his work bench, looking at the glass of Whiskey, the man finished his cup before leaving the room, but not before turning on the lights and leaving the door cracked.

Jason was standing outside the room still when Demetri walked outside. "If you truely love my sister like you make it sound i never want to see you like you were when she was gone. Never again" Demetri eyed him, Jason could smell his anger rising. Jason took a step away from the wall and stretched. "And another thing too, its good to see you smile and you should probably leave drinking to the professionals" He gave a smirk and Demetri chuckled a bit. "You will always be an ass wont you"

Jason nodded. "It just wouldnt be me if i was all sappy and what not. And dont let Alex know she has a brother cause apparently she only remembers things if she sees them so get rid of everything that has to do with me" Demetri looked puzzeled. "What do you mean?" Jason pointed to his chest. "I and the wolf have some things we have to settle and i dont know if I will live through it. So if i dont she doesnt need to feel that pain again." He through up the duece sign as he packed his things and jumped out the window. He walked into the garage and made his way to the back and pulled the cover off his old harley. He revved it a couple times before taking off towards the way the wolf told him to go.

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali woke with a start not sure of how long she had been out, nothing in particular shocking her awake, just the fact that she was alone, she was accustomed to sleeping in a room with Jet and the other female hunters and now that she was alone it was quiet. Looking out the window she saw it was night already, she sighed realizing she had slept away the rest of the day. She let a small smile grace her lips as she remembered Demetri, his kiss and embrace had been desperate and she had answered him with her own desperation. Touching her lips with her finger tips she thought back on her own reaction, as soon as his lips had touched her's her body went into auto pilot, it reacted on it's own as if her body it's self craved the man. Rolling onto her back she looked at the ceiling, she could see cracks and pieces of the plaster missing as well as a few patch jobs, rolling back to her side she buried her face in his pillow and inhaled his scent as she tried to go back to sleep. After twenty minutes of rolling from side to side and thinking she heaved a sigh and slipped from the bed silently, with the door cracked she was able to open it with little to no sound, she padded down the hall slowly and silently til she heard a voice and stopped listening.
"I'm glad we were able to get her back safe. Demetri must be in better spirits."
"I would like to assume so my dear, he's barely said two words to us since the incident."
"Pavlos, did you think he would? You know how our son is, much more like you than you think."
"But he has your kindness."
The woman giggled slightly and Ali shook her head, no listening any more she roamed the giant halls til she some how managed to make it to a large garden full of flowers and a large maze. She walked through the maze slowly, finding her way through it slowly til she came out on the other end, a small pond glimmered in the moon light and she felt her smile widen. Jogging over to it she sat down on it's edge and looked out at it as the moon reflected on it's surface.
"I see I'm not the only one who like to come here."
Whipping her head around she spotted a young man with Sandy colored hair and bright, pale blue eyes.
"I'm sorry?"
He shook his head and chuckled.
"My name is Gene, you can call me Frost. You actually rescued me a few months back."
"I did?"
"Yeah, me, Tank, and a little girl names Lily."
"I see, I don't remember."
"Yeah, that's going around. You looked troubled, wanna talk?"
"Just thinking, what if I don't get my memories back?"
"I've been told they're getting Retract to come take a look at you, if it's bad to where you won't regain them on your own, he'll do it for you."
She nodded thinking back to what Demetri and her had agreed, when her memories came back, they would be together. She felt her cheeks blush and her body temperature rise by a few degrees as she silently thought of just having him bring them back anyway. She shook the thought off as Gene stood.
"Care to Ice Skate?"
"I don't have skates, and the pond isn't even frozen."
He chuckled as he turned the pond to solid ice and made small ice blades on the bottom of her boots.
"There, come on, this always clears my head."
She nodded and stood, taking his hand for support as she stepped onto the ice.
"I have no idea what I'm doing..."
"It's just like regular skating."
"I've never went skating before!"
He laughed as her legs came out from under her and she let out a squeal as her butt landed on the hard ice."
"Oiwe..."
He came to a stop beside her and held out his hand.
"You alright?"
"I wanna get off of here. Do you know where the kitchen is?"
He nodded, took off their blade, unfroze the lake and led her to the kitchen, it was massive and polished til it was shining. Remembering where it was she went back upstairs and back to bed, Demetri's scent relaxing her as she drifted to sleep once again. After what felt like seconds, Ali woke again with a yawn. She let a giant grin spread across her face, looking out the window she could see the sun beginning to come up, she must have been asleep alot longer than she thought, getting dressed she headed to the kitchen and looked around, going through the fridge she began to pull things out til one of the many counters were full of food, finding an apron she pulled it on and tied it around her back and went to work making a large breakfast, something telling her not to forget to peel and bowel a good deal of oranges. As time went by some of the other HDF members came and went for food, two young men stayed for a while watching her work. Magnet and Whiplash, also known as Jack and Nick. They watched her work on the food for others as they came and went with smiles on their faces as they ate.
"It's a good thing Talon is back, wouldn't you say Nick?"
The other man nodded and took a bite of his food.
"Yeah, I mean don't get me wrong, the Commandant and Commander are great, but Talon is a way better cook, and she's not bad to look at if you get my drift."
Jack nodded as he watched Ali bend to get a pot.
"Not bad at all, what I wouldn't give to get her alone."
The other man chuckled and pointed his fork at Jack.
"You know, I hear she's seeing someone?"
"No way, who?"
"Dunno, but who ever it is is a luck bastard. That's for sure."
Jack nodded as he ate more.
"I bet you it's some poor shmo, I could do a better job keeping her warm at night."
Neither man had seen Demetri walk in, and his deep voice made both men jump and turn slightly pale.
"Could you now, Whiplash?"
The small man swallowed the bite of food and looked up at the giant.
"Sir?"
"Could you do a better job keeping her warm?"
The man didn't answer only looked back at Ali and shook his head.
"Come on Commander, you have to admit, she to damn gorgeous for just any one. I mean, she could kick all of our asses if she wanted to and do it with a smile, but I wouldn't mind so long as I got a glimpse of her's up close."
Jack chuckled and turned his attention as Ali noticed Demetri, she gave him a bright smile and waved with a batter covered whisk making the three men smile. Nick rested his chin in his hand and sighed.
"And with her memory gone, she ever has cute moments."
All three men straightened up automatically as she strolled towards them, something they had begun to do instantly due to the fact that usually she would bit their heads off for. She handed Demetri a large plate and a mug of coffee leaning around the plate she planted a sweet, tender kiss on his cheek and walked back to the kitchen. Nick and Jack stared at the large man envious.
"Man, Athen's your lucky. What I wouldn't give to have her kiss me. Damn. If I could just touch her, even her hand, something I would be happy."
Demetri frowned as the thought of another man touching her again shifted through her.
Nick sighed as he finished his plate, smiling he grabbed it and walked towards Ali, Demetri's eyes on him the entire time. He watched as Nick smiled and sent her small pickup lines, all of which she ignored, it wasn't til Nick took her hand and started to run his fingers down her palm, no doubt trying another trick to get her attention, but it something off inside the giant. He heard Ali snort at a joke from the man as she handed him another plate of food and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, than Nick leaned forward and pressed his lips to her cheek, Ali's frowned and as Nick walked back she rubbed her hand on her cheek as if rubbing the kiss away. Shaking her head she looked at the table and sent Demetri another smile as he ate, she continued to work on the food when a sharp pain intruded on her, searing through her head and causing her to hiss in pain Putting one hand to her forehead she tried to grab onto one of the counters for balance as images flowed through her mind, letting out a small whimper her hand grabbed a large bowel and brought it with her as she collapsed to the floor panting heavily. Hearing the bowel shatter Demetri looked over and frowned as he could no longer see his love.
"Ali?"
Getting up he walked swiftly around the island til he spotted her laying on the floor, her brow knitted into a deep frown as her forehead dripped sweat and her whimpers grew in volume.
"Jason...Demetri...."
He knew instantly that some of her memories must have decided to come back. Lifting her off the floor he held her close as he turned the stove off and walked her back to his room, laying her on his bed he went to leave when something kept him from doing so. Looking back he could see that Ali had a tight grip on his shirt, her eyes cracked open.
"Please, don't go. Stay here with me..."
"I'm just going to see if Retract has arrived alright?"
She tightened her grip before nodding and releasing him, rolling onto her back she threw her arm across her eyes and hissed as the pain intensified. After a few minutes Demetri returned with another man, he was elderly, with white hair and wrinkles etched into his features. He walked over to her slowly and put his pale hand against her head, nodding towards Demetri the giant nodded back and left leaving Ali feeling very vulnerable and alone. After a few seconds the man looked down at her and gave her a sad smile.
"Forgive me little one."
Before she could ask she felt his finger nails dig into her temples, the pain locking up her entire body. Unable to move, unable to scream her eyes went wide as her memories came flooding back, everything, down to the tiniest detail was back. Pulling away from her the old man stood and walked out allowing Demetri to enter, he looked down at her as she sat up on the edge of his bad panting.
"You alright Ali?"
She looked up at him, her face pale as she tried to catch her breath. She nodded and placed her forehead in her palm.
"I remember...everything, every tiny detail...even while I was gone."
Demetri seemed to lose some color in his face as she said this.
"Ali...about what happened at the military base-"
"Stop. Don't say your sorry. I don't blame you, not at all. I blame my self."
"Why?"
"I wasn't strong enough. I shouldn't have gone with out the others, just like the Commandant said but I went anyway. It wasn't your fault. I just want to forget it ever happened and move on with my life...with you."
He nodded and watched her a moment She twined her fingers together and placed them folded under her chin as her elbows rested on her knees.
"So...what's happened while I was gone? Any word on the gods?"
He shook his head and went to his work desk bringing his computer back to life.
"Always work with you."
She frowned and shook her head as he bent over his work desk, his back to her, looking at the floor and seemingly coming to a conclusion she stood and walked over to him wrapping her arms around his waist, the action slow and nervous as her anxiety flowed from her to him, he turned to look down at her, her cheeks flushed.
"Ali? Are you alright?"
She nodded, taking his hand she placed it directly above her heart, his large hand almost covering her breast as his cheeks flamed to match her's. She looked up at him and took a deep breath as she stood on tip toe and pressed her lips to his, gently, moving them against his slowly, as if trying to seduce him and as she quickly ran her tongue across his bottom lip it caused his breath to hitch and his hand to tighten automatically. She gasped, the motion pulling the two apart for a brief moment as they looked at each other. Both flushed and breathing heavily.
"Alex, what are you-"
"I have my memories back...remember what we said?"
He nodded slowly as she kissed him again, slowly getting bolder as her hands ghosted under his shirt, her thin finger trailing his scars, making him shiver; they broke apart for a moment as she pulled his shirt off and threw it across the room, gasping as his warm hands slid under her shirt, their kiss breaking once again as he pulled it over her head. Her lips sought his again and she hissed as his heated skin touched her's, both grunting as he pushed her back and they landed on the bed. He released her lips as his kisses traveled down her neck, her breathing labored as she buried her hands in his hair.
"Alex, are you sure?"
She nodded and arched against him as his large hand ghosted over her bare stomach, now slightly tan thanks to the sun bathing she had done with the hunters, she felt excitement and fear flood her veins as she felt his fingers fumble with the snap of her jeans, getting them loose he smiled against her neck as she moaned feeling his rough hands on her thighs. His name coming off her lips as a whine as his kisses reached her collar bone, his large hands slowly moving the strap of her bra off her shoulders. He supported him self on his elbows as he looked down at her, her skin flushed and a few spots on her neck darker than others distinguishing what spots he had given more attention to.
"Ali, your positive? I don't want to do something your uncomfortable with."
She raked her nails down his chest and stomach, watching as the muscles under his skin twitched and he closed his eyes letting out a gasp of his own.
"I'm positive Demetri."
He nodded and reached behind her unclasping her bra, watching as she slowly slipped it off, she blushed as his eyes raked over her body, her breathing hitched as he lowered his body back to her's, his skin brushing against her's made a moan escape her as he kissed her. Reaching between them she began to undo his pants, both of them lost in their own world. Neither of them heard the knock on Demetri's door, but both jumped as the door swung open, Demetri covered Ali with his body as Patch's voice stumbled on his words.
"Uh, oh wow...damn... C-Commandant wants to see you guys...asap! I am so sorry..."
He shut the door and walked away, Ali sighed and put her forehead against Demetri's bare shoulder.
"Guess we have a mission."
He nodded and they dressed quickly and headed down the stairs, meeting up with the rest of the team the Commandant stood in front of them.
"You have a new mission, two as a matter of fact. It seems as if we have some trouble with rouge coven in up state New York. Your first mission, take out the rouge coven."
Ali stepped forward.
"Where's Jason?"
"That is your second mission. He went AWOL a little over 3 hours ago That we know of. Find him, and bring him back. We can not have a werewolf running the streets."
The nodded and grabbed their things, gathering around Cloak he nodded and they all grabbed on, moments later they were in Central Park.
"Alright, from here you will take a subway train to upstate and find your objective. Good luck."
The nodded and he was gone, taking a deep breath Ali led the way towards the Subway, her voice held a note of sarcasm as she quietly spoke.
"Hi ho Hi ho, it's off to work we go..."
After an hour they found themselves in front of a hotel, Ali looked back at the others and sighed.
"Alright, it's the hurry up and wait game. We have to wait til sun down for these suckers to come out, once that happens we'll go to their known favorite feeding ground and see what we can find til than-"
She looked at Sasa as the woman's phone went off.
"What's up?"
"Seems the tracker on Jason's old bike is still operating. Says he's headed for...Chicago, Golden gate bridge."
Ali's eyes widened and she shook her head, grabbing the phone she looked at the data and cursed.
"Damn him! Why would he go there alone!"
Demetri put a hand on her shoulder causing her to look up at him.
"What's the matter?"
"Nothing, come on, lets get settled in, I'll make dinner while we wait."
The others sat around the large hotel room, watching TV, listening to music, what ever kept them busy while Ali worked on dinner, she didn't flinch as Demetri wrapped his arms around her as she worked on mushrooms to go with the steak she had bought. She handed him one over her shoulder and smiled as he grunted.
"It's good. Ali, why were you so upset?"
"Right to the point?"
"Always. Will you tell me?"
She sighed and turned around facing him, pinching the bridge of her nose she looked up at him.
"I don't even know where to start...The Golden Gate Bride is a place full of bad memories for us. Years ago, before I could even walk, two operatives were sent there to investigate the Gate Coven."
"I heard about that, they were KIA."
Ali squeezed her eyes shut and nodded.
"Yes they were. Grim Reaper and Ice Queen. Two of the best operative of their time. Husband and Wife, with two kids."
"I never heard they had kids..."
"No one ever did. But they had two. A son, and a daughter...They rarely went by their real names so no one really ever put two and two together."
"What do you mean?"
Their real names were Exodus and Clair Talon...they were my parents."
Demetri looked down at her shocked as he put the pieces together in his head. She took a deep breath and continued.
"Hank sent them there, knowing full well what would happen. My father was in line for the Commander position, he would have taken it from Hank, he sent them there knowing how dangerous that coven is...blamed their deaths on faulty information from the higher ups, got a few of them kicked out of the force...but he got what he wanted..."
"That's why Jason wanted his head so badly."
She nodded and turned around working on dinner again.
"Now you know...he's going to get him self killed this time for sure...I'll lose him for good."
Demetri could hear her throat tighten up as she talked, trying to hold back the tears.
"We'll get him in time Ali. I won't let that happen."
She nodded and leaned back into him more, a single tear trailing down her cheek.

[/color][/font] Edited by Knuckles' Girl

Jason stopped just before the Golden Gate Bridge as the sun touched the horizen casting everything in a dull orange glow. He revved his bike a couple times then reached down and ripped off the tracker. He had purposedly left it there so they would know where he went. He took off down the bridge at a slow place. About the middle of the bridge stood a lone figure dressed in egyptian still clothing. he bored the head of a dog and in his hands were two egyptian still hand scythes.

"Welcome Jason i have been calling to you for sometime. The beast inside you was hard to reach and getting it persuaded was even harder" Jason remained on his bike as he leaned back crossing his arms. "Well now i am here what do you want?" The figure held up its hands which were human after it attached the scythes to his sides. "A deal Jason that is it" Jason shrugged. "Oookay sooo what is it along with your name at that." The figure smiled. "The deal is you help me and the rest of egyptian gods of death and darkness in our plans"

Jason shrugged again. "What is my gift since obvisioly you are a god?" The god smiled. "Control of your werewolf form completely. Become the ultimate alpha male wolf and this." A long elgant blade form in his hand catching Jason's attention. The blue metal shined in the dying sunlight and the silver lines gleamed brightly. "My father's sword" The god smiled. "With his power inside of it" Jason dismounted his bike and walked forward then held out both his hands. "We have a deal" The god handed over the sword and pressed his hand to Jason's chest causing a sharp pain to rack his entire body. He feel to his knees then stood up slightly out of breath. "Just another couple questions. Does this power still exist if you somehow managed to die in the upcoming future and what is your name?"

The figure smiled his fangs baring. "I am Anubis and yes it does. There is one more thing you need to accomplish and that is kill your sister before Ra does. Cant have him inter..." His words were cut short as the sword was plunged through his chest. "Sorry cant hurt family" That was the moment the Gate coven attacked in full force.

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali had finished dinner and managed to doze lightly on the couch as they waited for the optimum time to go out in search of the rouge coven that seemed to be striking the city, her dreams started off pleasant at first, her and Demetri or her parents from what she could remember, her brother from when they were younger, and than they turned violent. Ali thrashed on the couch as she saw Jason being swarmed by vampires, with only a blade, his eyes turning yellow as canines erupted from her mouth, a lethal growl bubbling from his throat as he caught one of the pale creatures by the throat. Ali woke with a start, reaching out into the dying rays of the sun as she gasped her brother's name. Looking around she saw that most of the team, like her, had dozed off, or were else where out of eye sight and ear shot. Breathing heavily she grabbed her phone and rushed to the bathroom, Marcus looked up at her as she rushed past.
"Are you alright? You look pale."
"I'm fine! Just an upset stomach!"
Pocket chortled from the other side of the door as Ali shut it and locked it.
"I told you not to eat so many of those mushrooms, but you never listen."
Ali huffed as she sent Cloak a message to come and get her right away as she answered Pocket.
"I can't help it Pocket, Artichokes, Avocados and Mushrooms are three of my top favorite foods."
She looked up as silent mist filled the small bathroom and she rushed into it, instantly finding her self in the secluded garden at the Athen's estate.
"Talon, what do you think your doing calling for extraction? Your in the middle of a mission."
"Shut up! I know that, but Cloak...Roger, I need a solid IOU...please."
He ran his hand through his hair as he heaved a sigh and looked down at her.
"What? Depending on what it is, you know I might have to tell the Commander and Commandant."
"Right now, I could care less. I need you to take me to the Golden Gate Bridge."
"Are you insane? Do you have any idea what happens on that damn bridge at night?"
"Yeah, I do. Better than most actually. Look, I have to get there...Jason is there and he needs me...please Cloak, I'm begging you...he's all the family I have left..."
He looked at the ground and than back at her and sighed.
"Alright, but if Demetri or Marcus ask, I'm not hiding this from them."
"That's fine, I just have to get to my brother...now!"
Cloak grabbed her hand and transported her to the bridge and than was gone, Ali pulled two knives from her hip and flipped them backwards in her hands holding them tightly she dashed across the bridge and gasped as she spotted Jason in his wolf form fighting off waves of the monsters as they come from seemingly no where.
"Jason!"
She ducked down low and sprinted the rest of the way grunting as she plunged her left knife through the skull of a vampire latched onto the giant wolf's back, the canine looked back at her with wide eyes.
"What are you doing here Girlie!? You have a death wish?!"
Ali blinked up at him, surprised he could talk in that from but shook it off and put it in the back of her mind to worry about later.
"Go sniff a leg fido! I'm here to help you!"
"How did you even know I was in trouble?"
"I had a dream about you."
"Wait...you remember?"
"Everything. Down to the smallest detail, but that's for later. We have bigger problems right now!"
She dropped down into a split and spun the knife around in her hand bringing it right across the torso of the vampire, standing quickly she flipped the blade backwards in her hand again and brought it down at an angel driving it through the temple of the thing. Crouching down behind her brother, back to back with the giant wolf he had become, she could feel his dense fur brushing her arms as a wicked smile came across her features.
"What do you say big brother...pay back time?"
The howl he released was more than enough for her as they began to tear through the onslaught of vampires, each one that went down bearing the crest of the Gate Coven. She blinked as blood splattered across her face, wiping it from her eyes she spun around and brought her right foot into a young male's neck with enough force to throw him a few inches back and into the waiting claws of Jason who pulled the screaming victim into two halves. Ali ducked backwards, bending her knees and letting her back hit the pavement as sharp, claw like nails sailed above her head, smiling she brought both blade upwards slicing the appendage off and giving a deadly round house kick to the woman's stomach. She walked over as the woman was bent, coughing from the crippling blow she had received and looked up just in time to see the flash of Ali's knife as the girl embedded it between the woman's eyes. Ash began to litter the bridge as the siblings continued their genocide on the Gate Coven, Ali spun around as she heard heavy boots land behind her, her eyes going wide as the blades dropped from her hands. She looked up into the dark features of a man she barely remembered, but the woman was her spitting image.
"Jason...Jason!"
The wolf spun around and melted back into her brother as the two looked across the bridge at their late mother and father. Ali shook her head as tears began to well up in her eyes.
"No...No no no! I thought they were dead not turned!"
Jason frowned as he looked at the two adults, the dark brown of their father's eyes and the bright blue of their mothers, both were now bright red as they stared back at their children, Jason knelt down and wrapped his arms around his sister as she fell to her knees and punched the concrete hard enough to leave a small dent. Looking up she took a deep breath and calmed her nerves as well as Jason's, her powers working well to keep them both focused.
"I'll take the woman."
Jason nodded as Ali picked up her blades, walking away from her brother the woman followed her, hissing and baring her fangs.
"I don't know who you are...but you are not my mother!"
Rushing forwards Ali brought her right blade down first only to have it caught in the woman's strong grip, she grunted and lashed out with her foot only to scream as she felt her ankle shatter on impact, Jason turned and looked over at her.
"Alex! Are you alright?!"
"Focus on your own fight dog breath!"
Bringing her left hand down she gasped as the woman caught it as well, she closed her eyes and choked on her breath as the woman sent her flying with a well aimed punch to the chest. Ali screamed again as her back collided with the cement side of the bridge, coughing she looked down into her hand and was not surprised to see blood in the least, she blinked as she spotted the rune in the same palm, looking up she flinched as the man grabbed Jason around his neck and flung him not to far from Ali. Looking back into her hand she focused on the rune, trying to make the word come to her when something Ali had read from one of Marcus' files popped into her head.
"Masan!"
She hissed as the rune began to burn on her hand and glow a faint blue, standing she helped Jason to his feet and wiped away the blood trailing his face.
"Back ups on the way brother. Just hang in there."
"I should be saying that to you. Your the one coughing up blood."
Ali coughed lightly and wiped the blood from her mouth giving him a twisted smile.
"I'll be alright."
He nodded as he tried to regain his footing to continue the fight both of them looking up as their father came up behind them raising his hand above them, his sharp nails pointed down, aiming to stab through Jason's chest.
"Jason, look out!"
Shoving him sideways she grunted as the man's large hand went through her stomach, trying to take in air all Ali could do was cough and watch as blood pooled on the ground at her feet, she barely felt the pain as her knees hit the concrete, her hands trying to stem the bleeding.
"Ali! Ali, Ali, come on hang in there! Your gonna be alright!"
She nodded and tried to wipe her mouth free of the blood as more seemed to pour from her mouth.
"Oh gods no. Ali come on...don't you dare die on me! I really don't want to see Demetri's face looking that pathetic again!"
Grabbing Jason's collar she brought his face down close to her's, growling out her words in his ear.
"I suggest you kill these bastards and get me the hell out of here than. I don't feel like dieing in the street dammit!"
Grabbing the sword she had seen him with in her dream he nodded and leaned her against a cement barrier block, well out of distance.
"I'll be back, you hang in there you hear me Girlie?"
She frowned at the nick name but didn't waste the energy on answering him as he walked away from her, she did her best to keep her power on him as much as possible to keep a calm on the wolf man as he fought, the rune on her hand starting to burn more as the color got brighter.
[/color][/font]

[size="1"]Marcus had isolated himself from the others that seemed to be his normal habit now. He felt vulnerable with the sickness in his body, even though his strength was returning and he was confident the poison would leave his system soon, he couldn't be sure when it would finally be purged. He sat cross-legged in one of the separate rooms, furniture moved to give him space and his robe was set aside as he tried to meditate without the use of his runes. The feat proved to be far more difficult than he could imagine, he had been with the use of his runes for most of his life now and without them, life proved to be fairly uncomfortable. Having gone weeks with intermittent meditation was taking its toll on his soul, weakening him and distorting this thoughts. He hadn't been able to find new information since his sickness and felt almost useless, his physical person the only thing he was able to offer. Marcus quickly grew fed up with his feeling of helplessness and rose from his seat, he walked over to his robe and searched through it before pulling out some paint and began to draw on the floor. He would suffer the pain for now, he would find and answer in the other side to his problem. The poison would soon be gone and he could continue his ethereal search for the next answer.

When he finished the rune and sat down he heard the door open, his eyes snapping up to see who was entering moments before his ritual. To his surprise, it was Pocket who walked in, her expression seemed bored as she took a moment to register seeing Marcus sitting in the circle. She cocked her head to one side as she tried to understand what he was doing.
[b]
"Marcus, why are you in a giant rune? You know you aren't suppose to use your powers unless and emergency."[/b] Marcus didn't answer as he closed his eyes and activated the rune. Pocket had been in mid-leap when his mind flitted from his body, and in this state, time stood still for Marcus. His mind receded into his own world, silent and dark, where he could do anything he needed too. But, his world seemed different, as if the world suffered from some ailment that he couldn't see. Suddenly, a green vein appeared in the world, as if it was breaking the very air and space. The sickening green vein was small, only big enough to be about as long as Marcus was tall. But it started to spread slowly, the darkness fought the vein but it still showed progress, no matter how slow. Marcus knew this was what was happening to him now, using his power fed it what it needed to keep growing. All he could do for now was turn away from it and look for the answer he came for.
[b]
"Shadowthrone! Show yourself! I need answers!"[/b] The darkness thickened for a moment and then thinned out with an old man standing hunched over before Marcus, a thin smile covered his shadowed face.
[b]
"Marcus my boy, so glad to see you again, I thought you were dead by now."[/b] He let out a cackle, Marcus kept his face straight.
[b]
"I need the cure old man."

"For what?"

"For the sickness attacking my body!"[/b] Marcus threw one of his hands in the direction of the green vein, his progress grown since he last looked at it only moments ago. Shadowthrone giggled.
[b]
"I wondered what that was. Looks nasty."

"Its killing me."[/b] He said as he tried to keep the rage from his voice.
[b]
"Nothing I can do about it, looks like you're a dead man Demos."[/b] Shadowthrone giggle was interrupted suddenly when Marcus' fist came across the old mans head, and audible crack followed as the old man was sent sprawling, his body vanishing as he hit the floor, appearing beside Marcus rubbing his head.
[b]
"That really hurt Marcus, can't believe you hit me!"[/b] Marcus didn't turn at the sound of his voice, he couldn't look at him right now.
[b]
"You just told me i'm going to die, what did you expect?"

"You just needed to wait. Right now, there is no cure. All you need to do is let down your barriers you keep up, the release of power you've let build up inside of you will vaporize the sickness instantly."

"I can't do that."

"Why not? You're the one who wants to live!"[/b] Shadowthrone screeched at him, Marcus suddenly felt the need to hit him again.
[b]
"I'll die if I do that, and everyone around me for 200 miles will die as well. I can't control that energy."[/b] Shadowthrone jabbed him with his cane.
[b]
"You're a fool, you just need the right conditions and it will be alright."[/b] Marcus fought the rage back as his gazed focused on Shadowthrone. He wasn't getting anywhere else with this man, he needed to move on.
[b]
"Is there anything you can tell me about these events lately?"[/b] Shadowthrone stroked his chin with his other hand and hummed to himself.
[b]
"Only that you should be aware of what Mr. Talon is up to. He tried to kill a god, the mortal shell is gone but the god itself still roams free. He is quite angry, I wouldn't recommend summoning him again."[/b] Marcus pinched the bridge of his nose and let out a sigh.
[b]
"Of course he did, if he is good at anything, it is pissing off people."[/b] Shadowthrone giggled again.
[b]
"Thats all for you mr. Demos, last thing, be cautious about others. Especially if they harbor feelings for another. So long!"[/b] With that he vanished, Marcus was sucked out from his world and back into reality. The sudden impact of Pocket tackling him caught him by surprise, forgetting all about her she took him down and tried to pin him. She was far too small but she tried very hard, much to Marcus' amusement.
[b]
"Pocket, what are you doing!"[/b] Marcus said between a laugh. She looked up at him with a grumpy look.
[b]
"You're not suppose to use you're powers mister!"[/b] Marcus smiled at her.
[b]
"I'm fine Pocket, thank you for caring. Can you let me up please?"[/b] Pocket stood up and crossed her arms at him.
[b]
"I'm watching you."[/b] Marcus stood up as well and dressed in his rob, patting Pocket on her head he walked out into the living area of the hotel room and seated himself on a chair near the bathroom. After several minutes he notice Ali approaching the bathroom.
[b]
"Are you alright? You look Pale."

"I'm fine! Just and upset stomach."[/b] Marcus went back to his own thoughts, not catching what Pocket said as Ali disappeared into the bathroom. He remained seated, looking through his mind for what Shadowthrone had meant at the end of their conversation. Trust was something he didn't give freely, everyone he had ever met was thoroughly checked through whatever means he had. The entire team had been researched through their files, Jason he had learned through his other connections through his magic. He didn't however, know what the others did for trust. He would have to keep a close eye on whoever decided to join them. He looked around and saw that the others were starting to doze off, it had been quite and they needed a lead on this rouge group before pursuing. The minutes slipped away and Marcus started to fall back into his own mind, traveling the cos ways for whatever information he could pull when suddenly he heard a scream in his head.
[i]
[color="#0000FF"]'Marcus![/color]'[/i] The voice sounded so much like Masan, his heart lept in his chest as he then realized he felt the distinct magic of the rune. Its magic was burning fierce now, the danger great to the bearer. It was Ali who was calling him, he rose swiftly and pushed open the bathroom door to find it empty. His eyes were wide as he saw it empty, Ali was not in the hotel room. He rushed over to Demetri's room and bashed open the door, finding Demetri laying down waiting for his love.
[b]
"Ali is gone Demetri, she is in danger, get Cloak here now!"[/b] Demetri sprang to life from the bed, no questions were spoken as he grabbed his cellphone and instantly called up Cloak. He appeared instantly, his face drawn a bit with the secret he held.
[b]
"Where is she Cloak?"[/b] Marcus yelled before Demetri could speak, Cloak told them without hesitation where she was and why she was there. Marcus face was dark and Demetri stared in horror.
[b]
"Take us there now, Demetri and I will go first, come back for the others."[/b] Cloak obeyed as he covered them both and they vanished, appearing on the bridge in the darkness. They both rushed forward, seeing the ash float by as they heard a man howl and the clinking of metal against metal. A fight was happening and a fog had rolled into to obscure it, Marcus rushed to the feeling of Magic, it burned in his brain now. So fiercely he was sure it would glow like a sun in this fog, sure enough he could see it in and rushed ahead of Demetri, he needed to know it was Masan's voice. He saw her laying there, as if it was 10 years ago, Masan dying on ther ground. Her stomach torn up from where Sybille had killed her, she still breathed, just as he remembered, and could only stare at her as Demetri when and lifted her head from the ground, setting it in her lap. He was weeping as he looked at her ravaged wounds, Marcus couldn't draw any closer, it wasn't until he heard her talking did he move again.
[i][color="#0000FF"]
"Marcus, don't let them get away with this again. Don't let me die, everything is so cold. Please stop them Marcus, stop them![/color]"[/i] Marcus looked out into the fog, seeing it pulling away as he saw Jason fighting off two vampires, he was holding his own but he was taking hits. Marcus ran forward, catching the female vampire off guard as he brought a foot up and smashed it into her ribs, the magic flaring brighter than ever before as the vampire fell to her knees and hissed at him. He attempted to strike her face when the male vampire shoved him with both hands, sending Marcus through the air. He landed on his hands and feet and slid across the asphalt. He charged forward again, his robe flapping frantically in the wind as he furiously lashed out with his fists. His concentration was broken, he could only see her dying again, he could only managed glancing blows and to take hits as his thoughts floated. He was sure he would be joining her soon went he felt the soothing waves take over, her voice broke into his mind again.
[i][color="#0000FF"]
'Don't give up Marcus, let it all out. Don't be afraid anymore, just let it all go Marcus.[/color]"[/i] He felt his barriers fall, all of the precautions he had set up to protect the power he let them all go. The Magic surge through him, giving him a life and vitality he had never felt before, the tattoos on his body flared bright blue. His entire body glowed from the power he had now, and he wasn't about to waste it. He renewed his attack, hitting harder and swifter than before, every blow caused an absurd amount of light that brought the vampires down quickly. With the renewed assault from both Jason and Marcus, the vampire fell back. The bright blue glow seemed to not only distract them, but caused harm to their eyes as well. With that, Jason brought the sword down on the male vampire, passing through its chest, pulling the sword out it went back through the vampires stomach.

Marcus took that moment to suddenly come down on the females leg, snapping it before lashing out with a hand that smashed through her ribs. She gasped as best she could with Marcus holding her heart, he crushed it in his hand and she vaporized into dust, her mate followed. Jason trudged over to his sister, the fight clearly having taken its toll on him. Marcus walked back to Masan's body, only to see it was Ali now, blinking his eyes to make sure he was seeing right before approaching. The blow glow persisting, making Marcus look like a giant night light. He knelled beside Ali as he touched his hand to her wrist, magic flowing from his hands through her rune, the magic sealing the wound as best it could with no proper healing.
[b]
"You used the rune to enter my mind, you truly are a powerful empath. And an amazing person, thank you Ali."[/b] She looked up at him and smiled through red teeth, Marcus still saw Masan in her smile, everything she did now reminded him of her. He was going to have to protect her better now, she knew his mind now, he could only hope that she couldn't dive deep enough to know what he knew. The others arrived moments later, he couldn't look up at them, simply staring at Ali trying to hold on to Masan for as long as he could.[/size] Edited by Dassem Ultor

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali grunted as pain lanced through her torso, looking up at Marcus and Demetri she sighed which only caused her to cough more.
"I'm in trouble...aren't I?"
Demetri shook his head and pressed his forehead to her's, she could feel the warm tears slip from his eyes and into her hair.
"How could you be so stupid? We just got you back and you go and do something like that?"
She blushed but gave him a weak smile.
"I'm fine Demetri, he missed my major organs. I'll live. Just get me back to HQ...this hurts."
Marcus stood up slowly, still keeping his eyes on her, she gave him a warm smile as Demetri lifted her in his arms as Jason called Cloak.
"Thank you Marcus."
The man shook his head slowly and blinked as he felt her cold hand on his shoulder.
"I mean it. Thank you for coming so quickly. It's good to know that I have help when I need it. Gods know if I had had to use a cell phone...we'd be dead. So thank you."
She leaned against Demetri as Cloak showed up taking them all back to the estate, Ali flinched as the Commandant's voice echoed through the main room.
"What in the hell was that!? You leave in the middle of a mission, call a transport, you disobey both of your commanding officers, almost get your self killed and on top of all that I have to send Echo Team to finish the job you left undone!"
Ali buried her face in Demetri's chest as the Commandant drew closer, finally seeing the blood on Demetri's shirt.
"My boy, are you hurt?"
"No, Ali went to find her brother as instructed although she did this alone, she found and retrieved him."
Ali coughed, groaning as the taste of blood filled her mouth again, Marcus stepped forward.
"Fill in the Commandant Demetri, I'll take Talon to the med team."
Demetri nodded handing her gently to Marcus, kissing her forehead he watched them go and turned back to his father to finish filling in the details. Ali looked up at Marcus as the man stared straight down the hall.
"So, you don't have a heart of stone. Do you?"
He sighed and shook his head realizing there was no point hiding it.
"How much did you see Talon?"
"You can call me Ali you know. And enough to know why you hate Sybille with such a passion now. I never realized-"
"No one really did. We kept our relationship confidential. Very few people knew about it."
"I see."
She looked at her blood soaked hands and hissed as he laid her down on a mattress. Patch and Touch looked her over, Patch looked at Marcus.
"We'll have her up and about in no time."
He nodded and looked back at Ali.
"How did you manage to get inside my head like that?"
"I dunno. I just kept focusing on the rune in my hand, remembering how you said that as long as I have that I'm never truly alone."
He nodded and covered his eyes for a moment before looking back at her.
"You know Marcus. I know I can't replace her, and I don't want to, but...you can never have to many friends."
He frowned as he looked down at her, her expression lazy as she gave him a warm smile.
"What?"
"Where did you get that line? A cereal box?"
"Okay, you've been hanging out with Jason way to long. No more doggie day care. One of him is bad enough."
Marcus chuckled and stood as he patted her hand, she grabbed his wrist as he tried to walk away.
"I'm sorry. For you loss, as well as the pain it causes you. I seem like a tough nut to crack, but I hate to see the people close to me in pain. I'm really truly sorry, and I promise you that when the time comes, and Sybille is at death's door. I'll let you send him there for good. He's done alot to me, and Demetri. But it could never amount to the pain he's caused you."
She pulled her hand back as he nodded.
"Thank you for that Tal- Ali."
She smiled gently and nodded as he walked out of the room passing Demetri as the giant entered, her smile grew and her eyes grew softer as she looked at him.
"Alex, are you alright?"
Patch finished up and wiped his hands.
"She'll be fine. No major damage, clean opening. She's right as rain and ready for duty."
She smiled and slipped off the bed turning this way and that, hissing as pain radiated from her midsection.
"Thought you said I was right as rain?"
"You'll still be tender Ali. Sheesh. I'm a medic not a miracle worker."
Rolling her eyes she allowed Demetri to scoop her up in his arms and take her back to his room, she leaned against him, soaking in the warmth from his body as he lay her down on the bed. She shook her head as he tried to cover her with a blanket.
"Oh no, I'm covered in blood. I need a shower mister."
He chuckled and nodded, showing her the shower he handed her a towel, stripping down she handed him her clothes through the crack in the door and shut it behind his retreating hands. Turning on the shower she let the hot water wash away the blood, washing her body and hair quickly she wrapped the towel around her self and reentered Demetri's room. He was no where to be seen.
"Must still be gone with my clothes...don't see them any where either."
Sighing she dried her self quickly, the man's room taking on a chill as night set in, slipping under his blankets she dried and brushed her hair. Once done she slid under the blankets fully, pulling the soft thick comforter over her as well as she drifted to sleep, rolling onto her stomach she folded her arms under her pillow, her bare back exposed as she rested under the blankets unaware of what was happening down stairs. Demetri looked at his father shocked.
"You can't do this."
"It's not my choice Demetri. The higher ranks got wind of what Ms. Talon did and ruled the decision without my knowledge. My hands are bound."
"She won't be happy about this. Hell, I'm not happy about it, who did they choose to take her place?"
"Mr. Demos will be your team lead until Talon can prove she can listen to orders correctly."
Demetri sighed and ran a hand through his hair as his mother handed Ali's now clean clothes to him.
"She's going to be really unhappy when she hears about them suspending her from team lead."
"I'm sure she will son, but like I said. I can't do anything at the moment. She'll just have to face the consequence for her actions. The council doesn't take insubordination lightly ever since Hank went rouge on us."
Demetri nodded in understanding as he made his way back upstairs, turning as the Commandant called to him.
"Let Marcus know the change and also let him know that he will be going with Cloak in the morning to retrieve a new member for your formation, the council believes that possibly an extra set of eyes on Ms. Talon will be helpful. Also, once Marcus gets the new member here in the morning I'll be sending you and your team on break."
"Break?"
"Correct. You and your team will be sent to the beach for a week. Fox and Charlie will be handling your missions til your return."
"Can I ask why?"
"Of course. It's come to my attention that your team as of late has looked worse for wear, stressed and stretched thin on nerves. my self among the other members of the council believe that a break is just the thing to get your team back in working order."
"We can't get out of this can we?"
"No. Pack your things tonight and inform the rest of the team. You'll be leaving for a company secluded beach as soon as Marcus returns in the morning. There will be no cell phones, computers or any electronics of any kind permitted on this trip. You'll have no communication with HQ for the entire week, this trip is for the relaxation of you and your team."
[/color][/font] Edited by Knuckles' Girl

Demitri smiled at the thought of a momentary vacation treat from his father and the rest of the high leaders, but still, the news of Ali's suspension still bothered him some as he paced back and forth outside of his bedroom door. He managed to pass along the information to Pocket and Sasa, who were both thrilled about the news, Jeff nearly shrugged at the thought and returned to his respective bedroom for some solidarity. Still, the giant paced back and forth until he could see his own footprint marks on the carpet below him, but he had to brace himself for her emotions for the news to be told, taking a grip on his door handle and turning the hinge ever so slightly as he opened the door. The lights were still on inside the room as Demitri stepped inside, closing the door gently, hearing the small clink sound of their entrance closing, the giant slipped off his shoes for a moment before he let the cool, soft material of the carpet nestle his bare feet. Making his way slowly to the bed, he saw Ali resting on her belly, he back exposed to the open air, along with the marks on her body from previous battles, it saddened the gentle man as he made his way to the side of the bed before taking a seat. Never leaving his gaze from her body. Her smooth, yet delicate skin glowed in the light somewhat, Demitri took his large hand and placed it on her shoulder, keeping his thumb on her shoulder blade as he slowly messaged the area, taking his other hand and doing the same the the other shoulder of his love. Small murrs of pleasure could be heard escaping her lips as Ali shifted at the touch, Demitri grew a smile as he hovered over her body now, resting on his knees on either side of her hips, bending his body downward to hers, the giant planted small kisses trailing her spine until he reached the back of her neck, making his kisses more passionate along her veins and mid line.

"Alex..." Demitri whispered as he licked her neck in a long, wet lick, seeing the goosebumps rise from her skin made the giant smile as he huffed in delight. The young girl moved in her spot as the lashed of licks continued until she opened her eyes fluttering from the bright light, but still knowing who her secret admirer was.

"Demitri" She gasped as he roamed his hands all over her body, exploring and teasing her sensitive flesh as he finally managed to turn his lover on her back, facing up at the giant as he blocked the room's light to make out his face clearly. "Demitri, you could at least ask if I'd liked to be woken up this way" The woman smiled as she cupped the man's face with her hands, delicate and exciting to the touch, Demitri had no idea what possessed his actions, but he stood on his knees once again and ripped his shirt off from his body, breathing heavily as he peered down at Ali. She, too, was a bit caught by surprise from his swift movements, but marveled at his muscled body and the scars he too achieved from years of fighting with the Human Defense Force. Bending down once again, Demitri hugged his body on top of Ali's as he planted a deep kiss, practically covering her own mouth with his as he man grabbed the back of her head, lacing his fingers with her long locks of hair. Taking a moment for breath, he looked down at the girl he loved so much.

"Alex, please don't ever risk yourself without some kind of help. Just let us be there with you, I don't ever want to see something bad happen to you ever again, and I mean it." He looked into her eyes, she could tell he was being serious, Ali placed a hand on his chest, the side with a long gash crossing its flesh diagonally.

"You know I trust you with all my heart Demitri, along with the others. You're all my family" She smiled, making the giant blush sheepishly at the thought.

"You don't really mean that...do you Alex?" He paused as he looked away from her gaze, only to be brought back by her hand on his cheek, facing the two once again.

"I do, my love. I love you Demitri, more than anything I do love you!" Ali wiped her eyes for a moment, fixing her vision to make out the muscular soldier brandishing a big smile on his face.

"Ali...." He whispered slightly, catching his breath.

"Yes?"

"I wanna, make you my family. Officially, and I want to start a family....with you that is, and me. And maybe..." Demitri was cut off when he saw Ali's body turn to its side, covering herself with the thin blanket sheet on the bed. Demitri looked at her questionably and laid on his side, having Ali's body scooped in his loving hug. "Was...that too forward?" He asked.

"Demitri, you remember what Patch told us in Alaska about me and, and not having kids. I'm sorry but..." Ali's head was forced to the right slightly by a gentle hand, Demitri's hand. She looked into his hazel eyes, she always seemed to get lost in them, no matter what the situation as the giants other arm wrapped tight around her waist, holding her closer to his warmth.

"It doesn't mean I wont try, not matter how hopeless. I'd do anything for you Ale..." Demitri's body shook for a moment, something in the back of his head screamed bloody murder as pain rushed through his veins and mind. Demitri wanted to scream, wanted to move, but everything his experience told him to do, he couldn't even breath. Ali took the sudden change without missing a beat, she lifted herself onto her knees as she held Demitri right. Once she touched his clammy skin, everything seemed to be working again. His breathing, body functions, thoughts, everything. The giant took a couple of breaths before covering his eyes and placing his palm on his head. "That was weird..." He gasped more, Ali seemed to calm down as she rested on her bottom, but was quickly tackled onto her back onto the soft mattress, but the pressure was rough as Demitri held her hands at both sides of her head rough.

"Demitri! What are you doing?!?! Let go-ahhhh!" Demitri squeezed his hands down onto her wrists with more strength, making the woman squeak in pain. The soldier lifted her arms above her head, holding both her hands with only one of his while the other hand reached down and began to undo her pants. The woman thrashed about violently, landing a couple of kicks onto Demitri's chest and stomach, sounds of bones cracked, the man hissed in pain, but continued his goal. 'DEMITRI ATHENS, RELEASE ME NOW!!!" The man looked directly into her eyes, but his hazel eyes were gone, only clear white, soul less eyes remained as Demitri smiled grimly towards her. Scaring the woman for a moment. "D-Demitri??"

"Wind Wizard is not here right now....my pet" With a evil scoff, Ali knew who was possessing the giants body.

"SYBI....!!!" Ali's voice was cut off when Demitri's body locked his lips over her's, muffling her screams as she thrashed about more violently. The rune lit up on Ali's wrist, but then quickly faded, something was negating its distress signal. Tank happened to be walking across the hall when he and Lily, who walked along side of her bigger brother, eating an ice cream cone. There was a loud scream, scaring the little girl as she dropped her treat. Lily went over to hug her brothers leg, but only felt cold steel underneath his jeans as he had already transformed at the scream that came from the room. Another noise caught their attention of something happening, a loud crashing sound, glass breaking.

"Move back" Tank ordered his little sister, she did as told when Pocket and Marcus came up the stairs, too questionable able the yelling coming from the area. Tank proceeded to throw his body through the door, knocking it down and spreading dust into the air.

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali paced back and forth in front of the room that held Demetri, dressed now in a pair of shorts and a tank top she ran a hand through her hair as she breathed out. She stopped her pacing and leaned against the wall recalling the situation for more than the first time. Sybille had some how managed to take over Demetri's body, had Tank not busted the door down he would have used Demetri to have her yet again. She covered her eyes with her hand as tears threatened to over flow from them, the vision of Marcus wrestling the large man to the floor flooding back to haunt her. The wicked grin on Demetri's face being what scared her the most. She jumped as the door opened and Touch and the Commandant walked out.
"Is he alright?"
Touch smiled kindly at her and nodded.
"A few cracked ribs but nothing to bad dear. He's asking for you."
"Is he going to be alright?"
The Commandant nodded as he ran his hand across his facial hair.
"He's been safeguarded by Break, the mental wall he's placed on Demetri is the strongest he's ever put on a person. If anyone or anything tries to break it, he'll know."
She nodded and rushed past them into the room, Demetri looked over at her, frowned and looked away towards the wall. Walking over she sat down on the bed next to him and placed her hand on his chest, she could feel him holding back tears and leaned forward placing her hand on his cheek and making him look at her.
"Demetri..."
"Are you sure you want to even be near me?"
"Why wouldn't I be?"
"After what just-"
"Stop. It wasn't you. I trust you Demetri, I know you would never do anything to hurt me."
He looked over at her with a sad face making her heart break, leaning forward she pressed her lips against his gently and sighed as he kissed her back, even if it was hesitant. Ali looked over her shoulder as the Commandant poked his head in quickly.
"Talon, I'm going to be locking the med room down for a little while. You'll stay with Demetri won't you?"
"Um, yeah. But what's going on?"
"Nothing to be alarmed about, we're just checking the lock system is all."
She nodded slowly as the door closed behind him, hearing the lock snap into place she looked back down at Demetri who was staring at the ceiling.
"You know, with the way things are going, I don't think we'll ever get time alone."
He looked over at her, his eye brow raised.
"You thinking of that, at a time like this?"
"Time like what?"
"After what just happened?"
She shook her head and pushed him over lightly so she could lay down with him, throwing her leg over his she wrapped an arm around his waist and smiled contentedly as his arm wrapped around her shoulders, supporting her head.
"I just told you, it wasn't you. Why wouldn't I think of time alone with you."
"I would have thought...after everything that's happened, that would be the farthest thing from your mind."
"Not when it comes to you."
She glanced up and smiled more as she saw his cheeks turning red slightly, laying her head back down on the giant's shoulder she tightened her hold on him, effectively hugging him.
"About what you said...earlier. About wanting to make me a part of your family officially...did you mean that?"
He pulled her closer and kissed he top of her head.
"If you'll agree to it. Yes I did."
"And having a family with me?"
"I'll never give up, I'll keep trying til the day I die."
She felt her cheeks flush but smiled none the less.

Outside the door the Commandant had gathered the rest of the team down the hall and was talking to them quietly, Madam Touch by his side smiling slightly.
"Listen up Alpha, I'm not sure if Athens has informed you or not but tomorrow you'll be taking a vacation, for the past three years you all have worked hard for us and we plan to give back. But I have a small mission for just you lot here."
Sasa put her hand on her hip and heaved a sigh.
"I knew there was a catch."
"It's not what you think young lady. Talon and Athens have been having a harder time than most, a relationship has developed between the two and they haven't had many chances to work on it. My mission for you is to make sure they have those chances on this break. The island has cabins on it that will house two people perfectly, make sure the two of them camp together."
Sasa shook her head and held up her hand.
"Wait a minute, you want us to play match maker?"
The Commandant stroked his facial hair giving her a wicked, comically smile.
"In a way. Make sure they relax, they have been stressed more than most lately, this is an order."
They nodded and went their separate ways as he dismissed them, turning to his wife he shrugged as she shook her head.
"You my dear are evil."
He smiled and put his arm around her shoulders, looking down at her.
"If I recall, our team did much the same for us. Will you pack Talon's bag for her?"
Madam Touch covered her mouth her a delicate hand as she laughed lightly.
"If course my dear."

Ali woke up slowly, morning light pouring in from the window of the room, looking down she smiled gently, she traced her favorite scar on Demetri's chest lightly making him twitch, his hand gently catching her's. His eyes cracked open slowly to look up at her.
"Good morning."
She tilted her head slightly giving him a bright smile.
"Good morning."
She slipped from the bed and stretched smiling wider as she felt his warm arms wrap around her waist and pull her back against his body, she hooked her arms around his neck and sighed as she felt his lips move against her neck. Looking over her shoulder at him she giggled as he pressed his lips to her's. Pulling away she padded into the bathroom, washed her face and began to brush her teeth emerging as she heard the door open, Marcus' voice filling the room.
"I've brought the new member, he'll be staying here while we're on break to be briefed on protocol."
She nodded, the toothbrush still in her mouth, walking back to the bathroom she finished and ran a brush through her hair to loosen the tangles. Stepping out she walked out of the room with Demetri and blinked as the team met them at the door. Madam Touch and the Commandant with them, Demetri's mother handed her a suit case as his father did the same to him.
"Everything you'll need is packed. Have fun!"
Before she could speak, or do anything, Cloak's black mist surrounded them and within moments her bare feet hit sand, looking around she gasped as the lush trees and clear blue waters came into view. She looked at the team and sighed as she spotted the cabins.
"I'll room with Pocket-"
Sasa interrupted.
"We picked each other."
Ali blinked and looked over at Jason, Marcus put a hand on his shoulder.
"He'll be with me as usual, safety reasons."
Jeff had already vanished as the others walked to their respective cabins, Ali looked up at Demetri and than back noticing how they were left with the cabin farthest from the others.
"You get the feeling this has been set up?"
He looked down at her and frowned.
"Maybe, a little. But I'm not complaining."
Smiling she walked with him to the last cabin laughing as Pocket raced from her's towards the water clad in a bathing suit, a volley ball tucked under her arm. Entering the cabin she whistled, it was furnished much like the Athens mansion. Sitting on the bed she put her suit case on the dresser and opened it to unpack, quickly closing it as she caught sight of the article of clothing on the top. Seeing the thin, black lace was all she needed to know what it was. Shaking her head she opened it and pulled out a bikini and went to the bathroom to change. Coming out a few moments later she blushed as she saw Demetri standing by the window looking out, dressed in swim trunks. Clearing her throat and making him turn to look at her she blushed as he blinked a few times, his eyes traveling the length of her body taking in the black and red bikini.
"Wow..."
Clearing her head she grabbed a towel and took his hand, leading him out of the door towards the water she smiled as she saw the team already gathered there. Sasa laying on a towel sunbathing, Pocket and Marcus waist deep in water hitting the volley ball back and forth and Jeff sitting on the back moving rocks with his powers and Jason laying in a hammock with is eyes closed. Looking up at Demetri she dropped the towel on the sand and walked towards the water, running through the shallow part she smiled as it was warm and comfortable. Turning she cupped her hands and threw a handful at Jason laughing as he yelped and fell from the hammock. Doing the motion again she splashed Demetri and laughed as he advanced on her. She trudged through the water and hid behind Marcus causing him to raise an eye brow as the volley ball him and pocket had been hitting back and forth fell into the water forgotten. The team paused in their fun as a black mist gathered on the bank only to vanish leaving a young man standing there confused, as he turned Ali's eyes widened.
"Tempest?"
He smiled and waved, dropping his suit case on the sand he ran over to her as she walked out of the water and wrapped his arms around her hugging her tightly.
"Athen!"
"Uhm, it's Ali, actually. What are you doing here?"
She pushed against his ribs trying to dislodge him from her self but to no avail as he held her tighter.
"I'm the new member of the team!"
Ali pulled back from him and stared at him as his smile grew.
"So which cabin am I in?"
Ali blinked a few times before pointing to the cabin that held Jeff, she jumped and blinked more as Cloak's mist came and went again, this time Tank, Lily, and Frost stood there smiling at the team. Lily didn't miss a beat as she took off down the bank towards the water, Tank walking slowly behind her. He gave the team a silent wave. Frost stopped close to Ali and put a hand on her shoulder as Demetri joined her from the warm water. Tempest gone to settle in.
"Are you guys seriously going to be here this whole week?"
Gene nodded giving her a broad smile. Ali pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed heavily as Tempest joined them again throwing his arm around Ali's shoulders, she shifted her shoulders trying to get Mark's arm off her a clear sign of being uncomfortable, Demetri frowned as Tempest pulled her towards the water.[/color][/font]

[center]Alright, a week at the beach. Let's take a break and have some fun guys![/center] Edited by Knuckles' Girl

[size="1"]Marcus was growing uncomfortable with all the changes that were happening within their team, their family. Cloak had informed him of his temporary promotion to Team Leader, Marcus had done his best to deny it, he recalled vividly how the conversation had gone.
[b]
"Marcus, you will have to accept this role."[/b] Marcus shook his head at Cloak, waving it off as if it was a bad dream.
[b]
"I'm not suited for command, there is a reason I accepted being the 'squad mage'."[/b] He said as he made air quotes. Cloak chuckled at Marcus' displeasure with the whole thing.
[b]
"Everyone who has ever taken a role of command has never wanted to position, that is what makes them the best for the position." [/b]Marcus sighed as he rubbed his face with his tattooed hands.
[b]
"Give it to someone else. Jason, let him lead, he's been in command before."

"The fact he has been infected by the werewolf curse has eliminated him from any command position for the time being. They know they can't control him or the beast inside of him, you are the only one left."[/b] Marcus knew that was going to be his answer before he even spoke it. The trapped feeling he had felt then was creeping in to him again, now. After their conversation he and Cloak had gone and received Tempest, the young man had been excited to be a part of their team. He showed a sort of enthusiasm that made Marcus nervous, no one should be that excited to join one of the most high risk teams in the HDF. He had also seen something in his eyes, something that hinted at a greater power behind the boy that Marcus needed to watch out for. Now that the boy was here, his arms around Ali and his carefree expression, he was tempted to backhand him as you did when you disciplined a child. The connection Ali had made with Marcus only nights ago, had created a bond in his mind, she was his family now and he would protect her as Jason did. He looked to Demetri, who seemed to be taking it in strides, he was maintaining his composure but it could only last so long. Marcus had to approach the situation carefully. He trudged through the water to the potential fiasco.
[b]
"Ah Tempest, its good to see you again." [/b]Marcus said has he snatched the boy by his shoulders and set him in front of him. His face seemed a little confused as he tried to turn while Marcus kept his grip firm.
[b]
"Its good to see you too sir."[/b] He said rather unsure of himself, Marcus smiled at him. His tattooed face making the smile look dark, Tempests eyes wandered over Marcus body, the tattoos mesmerizing him as he started to realize the tattoos covered his entire body.
[b]
"How was the HDF treating you? I know it must be very different from the days in your rouge unit."[/b] Tempest looked uncomfortable as he tried to squirm his way out of Marcus grip.
[b]
"Well, we weren't exactly rouge..."

"Of course you weren't, I simply misspoke. I'm sure you have plenty of stories you could tell us of your adventures in your old tema. Please, Pocket and I would love to hear them." [/b]He now had his arm around Mark's shoulder, pulling toward the shore where pocket sat with Lily and Tank. He kept looking back as Marcus held him tightly, he looked back momentarily at Ali and Demetri and winked at them before turning back, using his free hand to exaggerate his conversation with Tempest.[/size]

OOC: Its small, but seemed the best way to go to get this bad boy moving again.

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali sighed in relief and walked over to Demetri as Lily wadded out into the water towards them as Tank watched from the bank. Her hands were shaking slightly as she nervously made her way towards them, stretching out her arms she wrapped them around Ali's legs and held onto her tightly.
"Lily, are you alright?"
"I've never been out this deep. And big brother doesn't like water...he says he'll sink."
Ali cupped a hand over her mouth and giggled, she looked up at Demetri who smiled back, she ducked down and picked up the little girl in her arms, her long blond hair sticking to Ali's arms as she raised her arms above her head and giggled loudly enticing a twitch in tanks mouth. Ali looked from the huge man back to the little girl and frowned slightly.
"Lily, how old is Tank?"
"I dunno. He found me."
"So he's not your real brother?"
"Yes he is!"
Lily pouted slightly and crossed her arms across her chest.
"Oh, I'm sorry, forgive me."
Lily hugged her neck and giggled again.
"It's alright!"
She held her arms out to Demetri who took her from Ali with a smile that widened as the girl clamored onto his shoulders and laughed.
"I'm so high up! Lookit big brother!"
Tank waved from the shore and Ali paused as she caught a glimpse of Tempest looking at her, he had a far away look in his eyes that set her on edge, it was the same look that she had seen from...her frown deepened. It was the same look that Sybille had given her the first time he had seen her. The distant look that was dark and held a hint of lust, her dark thoughts were intruded on as Lily grabbed her attention.
"Mommy! Look, Daddy found a pretty shell for me!"
Both Ali and Demetri froze in an instant, Ali looked up at Lily and blinked.
"Sweetie...I don't know-"
Lily didn't hear her as she jumped from Demetri's shoulders and ran through the water towards Tank to show him the pale pink shell Demetri had found for her, they watched as Tank leaned down and listened to her. Looking up at Demetri she smiled as she heard his stomach growl, laughing lightly she motioned for him to follow and looked back as he spun her around and wrapped his arm around her waist. Hugging her close he brought his lips to her's in a sweet kiss that made her cheeks blush, which only deepened as Sasa yelled at them from the shore.
"Get a room will ya?"
Ali shook her head and made her way to the others, she put her hand on Marcus' shoulder silently telling him to follow as she looked back at the others while wrapping her towel around her waist.
"We'll be back. Firewood. Demetri, Jason, you two want to see if you can find some thing to cook for lunch?"
They nodded and headed for the small lunch hall in the area to find food for the group, Ali held her breath as Tempest's voice followed them.
"I'll come along, six eyes are better than four."
Ali gave him a strained smile as she turned.
"I really need to talk to Marcus about something actually Mark. If you don't mind?"
She feel the rejection and jealousy pouring off of him and sighed as he turned around and went back to the others, Ali waited til they were out of ear shot and stopped leaning against a tree.
"Alex, what's the matter?"
"Marcus...somethings not right with Tempest..."
"I get that feeling as well."
"Will you help me?"
He nodded and she gave him a friendly smile, since she had been able to reach him through the rune she felt closer to the man, almost as if she had two brothers now instead of one and that thought brought a joy to her heart.
"Will you help me keep an eye on him? I would ask Demetri but I don't want his personal feelings to get in the middle of this and I know I can trust you."
"You know you can count on me Ali."
She smiled and linked her arm through his, much like she would do with Jason as they searched for fire wood.
"I'm glad to hear you calling me that instead of Talon. Thank you."
He nodded and they slipped into companionable silence as they gathered the fire wood for a fire, getting back to the small camp area Ali gave Demetri a large smile as he took the fire wood from her arms and walked with Marcus to start the fire, almost as soon as he was gone Tempest stood and walked over to stand next to her. Goosebumps rose on her skin, she could feel his eyes traveling her body as he stood there looking at her from the corner of his eyes, her body stiffened as he put his arm around her shoulders again, his thumb rubbing a circle into her flesh that if it had been Demetri's large, warm hand, would have felt pleasant. But from Tempest it felt wrong, his skin was cold and icy and she felt aggravation bubble within her as she tried to move away and was held tight to his side as they stood by the trees watching as Jason fought with Marcus and Demetri about wanting to light the fire. She pulled away from Tempest only to look back as he tugged on her hand.
"Walk with me?"
Something told her not to, but she shrugged it off as she watched the men bicker.
"Couldn't hurt, get to know the area better."
Tempest beamed at her and before she could tell the others he pulled her away and into the cover of the trees. After a few minutes of walking he stopped and looked back at her.
"Ali, can I ask you something?"
She raised an eye brow as an answer.
"Why are you with Demetri?"
"I love him, isn't that reason enough?"
"But when you were away from him, when you were with me...you didn't feel anything? Towards me?"
Ali frowned and shook her head, Tempest sighed.
"Thing is, when you were with me, while you were Athen...I fell in love with you. Hell I still feel that way."
"Well I can't return those feelings Tempest. I love Demetri, and he's asked me to become his family, officially."
"What like marriage?"
"Maybe? I'm not really sure, something came up before I could ask."
She gasped as she suddenly found herself pinned against the tree behind her as Tempest covered her lips with his, she pushed against his chest and paniced slightly as he held her hands above her head.
"I'll show you I love you more than he does."
Before she could respond his lips were back on her's, she closed her eyes and did the only thing she could, projected to Demetri and hoped he would find her soon.[/color][/font] Edited by Knuckles' Girl

"I think it would be best if Marcus does it, you're not even responsible enough to eat and walk at the same time. How can you handle starting a fire?" Demitri snickered as he poked fun at the werewolf, only to get snarled and snapped at by the man.

"All you can do is blow it out, I don't see how that's any more useful" Jason paced back and forth around the camp fire ditch, suddenly, flames rose from the ground that scared Jason for a moment, the wolf man back flipping away from the sparks of heat as they rose. Marcus simply smiled as he peered into the burning flames that rose from the wood entrapped within the element, but something seemed to be distracting the mystic as he stood there watching, but it was Pocket who nudged the man on his elbow, catching his attention. She and Jeff carried snacks to the camp fire spot, s'mores and other delights that made Lily's eyes widen along with her smile, Tank chuckled to himself as he patted the girl on her head.

"You're suppose to be bringing the food, this is for dessert" Pocket stuck her tongue out at the mystic before continuing on her way to her chair, picking it up to scoot closer to the fire for warmth, Marcus looked over at Jeff who merely shrugged and continued on his way with the snacks in his hand. There was something that clicked inside of Demitri's mind, and he knew who was doing it...it was Alex. She was calling for help, looking around, the giant sense where she was at.

"That does remind me, the fish are still inside our cabin kitchen, I'll go get them" Demitri stated as he turned to go to his own cabin, after a while, he managed to catch a glimps of Ali and Tempest...but something was off and something inside of the giant made his strides widen more as he charged a wind blast in his palm. His running alerted Tempest as he retracted his body away from Ali just as Demitri turned the corner, seeing the two catching their breaths in a rapid pace. It was Alex, though, who kept her hands to her chest as she peered to the ground below.

"Hey there Athens..."

"Commander Athens Tempest, remember that. Always address a Commander by his rank" Demitri interrupted the man's greeting with his own stern comeback, the comment threw the new recruit off a little, not the best way to make a first impression, but it was one that would stick for a lifetime. "Are you two alright?"

"Yeah we're....just fine" Tempest smiled as he licked the side of his lips, the action causing Ali to flush a little in embarrassment.

([color="#4169E1"][b][i]Ali...are you ok?[/i][/b][/color]) Demitri projected to her while Tempest continued some small chit chat that Demitri wasn't interested in.

([color="#2E8B57"][i][b]Can we talk about it later.? Please?[/b][/i][/color]) She replied, Demitri wanted to get her away from the man so they could be alone for a little while. Demitri continued to nod while Tempest talked.

"Ali, care to help me get the fish from our house?" Demitri smiled as he looked down at his love, her hair dried and ruffled by the salt water, but it left her skin smooth and alive. Without hesitation, Ali shot her head up and made her way close to Demitri, looking back slightly at the disappointment in Tempest's eyes, but she knew he wouldn't stop his advances just yet. "Go join the others bud, we'll be back with the good food" Demitri stated as he continued to his destination, with Ali lacing her hands around his arm following close behind. Tempest stood from his spot and mumbled a little under his breath before he rejoined the group, who welcomed him as usual, but it was Jason that stared down the man as he squinted his eyes some. His wolf ears appeared as they twitched in the air from listening to the ocean waves crash against the shore. Inside their cabin, Demitri gathered all the fish they had caught that day into three buckets, placing the pales on the island counter top, the giant wiped his brow of sweat before stretching his arms in the air. Much to the giants surprise, he felt two slender arms wrap around his waist as they held on and squeezed the man. "Well, hello love" Demitri grunted as he looked down to see Ali's eyes meet his, he bent down a little and kissed his woman on the lips several times before he grabbed the buckets.

"Come on, we're gonna be late if you don't hurry" Ali giggled slightly as she opened the door and held it for Demitri to talk through. The two walked on the sandy path back to the others, seeing the sun dip down into the ocean's water in the distance, it was a sight many dreamed they could see in person. Ali sighed as she placed her hands behind her head, her mind raced with so many thoughts, especially what Demitri had talked about earlier at the Manson before he was possessed by Sybille.

"Alex..." Demitri broke the silence and snapped her out of her deep thinking. "Tempest...that new guy who joined us, do you think he has feelings for you?" Demitri asked as they could see the group in the distance.

"It sure does seem like it...sure does have a way of showing it though. I dunno, it just feels weird sometimes when he's around so close to me, ya know?" She replied.

"What happened back in the woods Alex...?"

"It's....nothing, nothing that you should worry youself about..."

"You called for me, I'm worried" Demitri snapped back, but Alex was in a more care free mood at the time since she had Demitri with her. Inhaling the sea air, Ali stretched a little as she walked, the night sky began to show its shade when the two made it back to the camp fire. Demitri was slightly uncomfortable when he noticed the rookie keep his gaze constant to Ali, no matter what she did, he was always looking at her. It made the giant blush with rage, but he controlled himself enough to play along and act friendly. Within minutes, Demitri and Jeff prepared the food as they stuck sticks through a couple of fish and octopus' and planted them near the fire so they could cook, Jeff added his personal spices and sauces while they cooked, along with the giant. Tank listened as Pocket and Lily spent time together talking about flowers, the weather, both looked at the stars to find their favorite star formation. Jason laid on his side on the sand while he joined in the conversation Sasa was having with Ali and Marcus. Within the hour, the food was finished as everyone began to chow down on the seafood.

"Jeff, this is amazing! I didn't know you were a cooking guru" Sasa licked her fingers as she continued to ear, Ali gave a satisfying grunt as she chowed down her meal. Jeff smiled as he bit down onto his own fish.

"Spicy" Tank commented at Demitri's dish, but was only met with a laugh from the wind wizard.

"Well you're a tough guy Tank, I thought you could handle a little spicy food" Demitri smiled, making the larger giant blush when Lily pointed and laughed at her bigger brother. The group relaxed after their meals, but the temperature seemed to drop little by little as time seemed to grow later in the evening. Demitri noticed Ali shivering a little as the fire dwindled, the giant made his way next to her and held he tight to his warm body. It didn't take her long to hug back at his waist, she was shivering more than he had thought. "Alex, you're freezing!" Demitri looked down at her concerned, rubbing his large arms on her slender ones to generate some friction heat.

"Well, I'm still wet from swimming, and I didn't really dry off. Should have though" She forced a smile, but she was still cold. Out of nowhere, Demitri scooped her body into his arms as the woman wrapped her hands around his neck for some support.

"We're gonna call it a night guys, make sure you don't stay up too late" Demitri stated as he began to walk back to their cabin. Everyone said their goodbyes, everyone except for tempest. Tank carefully picked up Lily in his arms as the group dispersed to their respective houses for the evening after cleaning their mess. The walk was quicker than the giant thought as he found himself at the front door already. He looked down to see Ali half asleep in his arms, her body going limp as she rested in his warmth. The giant smiled as planted a small kiss on top of her forehead and entered the house quietly. Demitri didn't need to turn on the lights, he had a clear layout of the house, making his way to the stairs, he skillfully managed to maneuver the two upstairs to their bedroom. The giant slowly placed Ali down on the bed, pulling the sheets beck before he did, he turned on the light to see Ali laying on the bed in a lovely pose. Her hand rested over her trimmed stomach while the other one laid across her chest, her bikini hugged her body tight due to the dampness and her slender legs crossing as she laid. Demitri smiled as some stray strands of hair covered her face, the giant took the opportunity to remove his clothing, all of it, so he couldn't get the bed wet when he entered. Turning off the lights, he slowly made his way back to the bed, joining Alex as Demitri scooped her body closer. Demitri hooked his massive arm underneath Ali's neck and brought it back so his hand laid on her chest lazily, accidentally, his fingers slipped her swim suit top off from her shoulder as it hung in the air. The giant used his other hand to lay on Ali's inner thigh, giving it a gentle run here and there as he got closer and closer to where the two legs crossed together. Demitri planted a couple of kisses on her neck before he felt something sting on the back oh his own. Something in his own head was giving off a weird sensation, and a throbbing feeling at the back of his neck.

([color="#4169E1"][b][i]That's weird[/i][/b][/color]) Demitri thought, but he brushed the paid off as it dissipated moments later, Demtiri felt bold enough to begin licking the long curve of Ali's neck, hearing her moan softly as her body shifted a little as he held her tight. But once again, a shooting pain made the giant freeze in his spot, his eyes turned completely white for a moment before turning back to their hazel color, there was a storm brewing outside on the island, but it was not naturally made. The wind blew stronger by the second, the ocean water rose adn crashed against the sandy beach, Demitri held his mouth open in shock, but then like before, the pain went away. The storm cleared up as the weather grew calm once again, Demitri was breathing heavily in the back of Ali's neck, he felt like all the energy was just drained from his, he even fought to stay away.

"Alex..." He whispered into the air before he planted a weak kiss on the back of her neck, with that kiss, the giant drifted into sleep.

([color="#4169E1"][b][i]It was probably nothing....[/i][/b][/color]) Demitri thought as his mind calmed itself. Edited by Mage17

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali yawned as she woke up, looking out the window she noticed it was still dark this causing her to look down at her watch. She rubbed her eyes and groaned as it read 3am, rolling to her side she wrapped her arm around Demetri and blushed as she noticed his state of dress. Sitting up slightly she looked down at the large man while he slept, her eyes softened as she moved a strand of hair from his face and he leaned into her touch. Ducking down she kissed his cheek and slipped from the bed quietly. Padding into the bathroom she stripped from her bathing suit, sighing as the pressure lessened from the straps digging into her skin, grabbing a towel she looked at her self in the mirror and sighed. Her hair was a mess and she looked much more exhausted than she felt, it was than she noticed her hands trembling. Frowning she shook her head slightly to clear it and walked back into the room and smiled as Demetri shifted in his sleep seeking her warmth. She made it back to the bed and sat down on the edge as her hands began to tremble again, her frown came back as she looked at her hands.
[i]Is it because I'm nervous about being this way with Demetri?[/i]
She looked back at the man and shook her head, it was true that she was slightly nervous, she didn't really have any idea what she was doing when it came to being intimate with the man and she wasn't sure he even thought of being that way with her. She shook her head gathering her resolve she stood and slid the towel from her body, the cool air raising goosebumps across her flesh, climbing back into the bed she sighed as Demetri's warmth spread across her skin making her scoot as close to the man as possible. She blushed more as his arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her against him, his skin brushing her's made her mind go blank for a moment as a feeling of hear seemed to coil in the pit of her stomach, something seeming to register to the giant behind her as he stirred from his sleep.
"Alex?"
"Yeah, sorry if I woke you up."
He shook his head burying his nose into her hair on the back of her neck making her giggle lightly and shift in his arms, the man froze as her bare hip brushed against him.
"Ali...?"
She blushed and nibbled her bottom lip gently as he rose up on his elbow to look down at her, the blankets and darkness of the room hiding her blush, she looked up at him as he studied her. She gasped as she felt his hand slid up her side feeling nothing but her soft bare skin under his hand as it traveled up to cup her cheek.
"Are you okay with this?"
She nodded slowly, not trusting her voice as he lowered himself to her level and kissed her slowly eliciting a moan from her as his other hand cupped her hip, his thumb rubbing circles into her skin. Ali arched against him as his lips left her's to travel down her neck, covering her veins in light nips of his teeth causing another moan to erupt from her throat. Gathering her wits about her she wrapped her arms around his broad back, her nails making light trails as she raked them down his back. Heat began to flood her veins as his hands became restless and slid up and down her body causing her arch against him, but she frowned as his gentle caresses became more fierce, his hands no longer gentle but holding a pressure behind them that set every alarm off in her brain.
"D-Demetri?"
He looked up her causing her to gasp as his white eyes stared back at her, his breathing rapid as the wind outside began to pick up and howl around the small beach.
"...Alex..."
She felt slight panic flood her as he ducked down to resume his lavishing of her neck, but frowned, the voice was his, the pressure his hands were emitting sent tingles of pain through her body, but it was still him letting her know that Break's mental wall was still in place and that Demetri had not been possessed by Sybille again. Her frown disappeared as a look of shock crossed her face, the feeling of Demetri's hand running along the inside of her thigh, a foreign pressure building with in her as Demetri's kisses traveled further down. She shook her head slightly, finding it harder to concentrate of the matter at hand. The wind outside grew more fearsome as Demetri explored her body with his hands, his warm kisses making her gasp. She jumped as lightning struck outside followed by a rumble of thunder and suddenly Ali knew what was happening, just like when he had the infection he was unable to control his powers. Her thought process was interrupted as his knee slid between her's and he lowered himself fully against her.
"D-Demetri..."
She arched against him as his large hand slid down her side and lifted her leg to wrap around his waist, the wind outside getting more and more violent, Ali wanted to scream, cry, laugh; scream for him to stop so he didn't destroy the calm little beach they were on, cry because she realized how much she had been wanting this only to find out that it caused him to lose control of his powers, and laugh in relief to realize that she was the one who caused him to become so unstable. She flinched slightly as thunder crashed outside yet again as she buried her hands in his hair, knowing she should snap him out of this but unable to stop her own primal needs as his body joined with her's, both moaning together. The storm outside was all but forgotten as Ali moved with Demetri, both breathing heavily as he moved, she closed her eyes as the storm out side seemed to mimic the one inside her; the storm getting fiercer as their love making became more passionate. Sweat made their skin slick as they moved together, and Ali pressed her lips to Demetri's shoulder muffling the whining moan that escaped her as she felt an unknown pressure building within her, she took Demetri's face between her hands and pressed her lips to his as his movements became more desperate and erratic, as if his body was searching for something just out of reach. Ali wrapped her arms around his shoulders holding him tightly as one of his arms wrapped around her holding each other tightly as the building pressure erupted her voice mingling with his as they each called each others names, her vision became white and her hearing seemed to be lessened for a few moments; the sound of Demetri's harsh breathing in her ear sounding far away. Slowly she came back to reality, opening her eyes she looked up at Demetri, his eyes slowly returning to the warm Hazel she loved so much. He shook his head slightly, slightly confused as he looked down at her, both still breathing rather heavily. She sighed and brushed his wet bangs from his face as the wind out side the small cabin began to die down and return to normal. Ali smiled gently up at him as he took her in, her hair tangled around his fingers, her skin flushed, her lips swollen from his kisses, he looked up as a distant rumble of thunder echoed outside, Ali's light, tired giggle gaining his attention again.
"I'd hate to see what the beach looks like right now..."
He took a deep breath as he rolled to his back, taking her with him and closing his eyes as she curled to his side, she raised herself on her elbow and looked down at him.
"Apparently love, you can't control your powers in that state."
He frowned as she lay back down, her arm resting on his chest as she threw her leg over his.
"But I remember everything...I...I wasn't to rough with you was I?"
She looked up and kissed his cheek smiling.
"No, it was perfect Demetri."
She slipped into sleep quickly, unaware of Demetri's inner turmoil as he lay awake after her, his thoughts his own, the slight tingle of pain in the back of his neck still making him worry as he thought back on what had just happened. His actions had not felt completely like his own.
Ali woke that morning feeling more rested than she had in a while, looking over at Demetri she blushed as the sheet rested low on his hips, holding her hair back she bent down and kissed his cheek whispering softly.
"I'll go make breakfast alright lover?"
She felt her self blush more at that thought...Demetri was her lover, they were officially lovers now, suppressing a giggle she dressed quickly in a pair of shorts and a tank top, tying her hair up into a messy pony tail she made her way down stairs and started the coffee pot as she glanced outside. A few of the palm trees were on their sides, large branches littered the ground but nothing to horrible. Smiling she stretched her arms above her head and began to work on breakfast, pulling everything she would need for bacon, pancakes and eggs out and onto the counters, a smile seeming to be permanently in place as she cooked, waiting for Demetri to join her.[/color][/font]

[size="1"][b]"Couldn't they just send us here for a day? A week is just ridicules, all this salty air is messing with my nose."[/b] Marcus couldn't help but chuckle at Jason's lack of comfort, it was a much needed distraction from what was going on outside. Tempest was pushing hard with his advances, but Marcus had an idea to further prevent him from getting too close. He needed to keep his focus on what was going on in the world outside of their quaint, little paradise. They may have been cut off from the HDF and other members, but Marcus could still leave the confines of his body to search the world. With the release of the pent up power, he wasn't sure the limits were of his strengths anymore. He did, however, know a few things he could try again, one trick he hadn't done since he had been younger. He looked to Jason, automatically volunteering him for the experiment he was going to try.
[b]
"Don't move Jason."[/b] He looked at Marcus suspiciously before taking a seat on his bed and then laying down with his hands behind his head.
[b]
"Whatever Marcus."[/b] Marcus took a few steps back before taking a deep breath and letting his mind go free.
[b]
"Estan Tecan Nesmaz Jason Cortal!"[/b] Suddenly Jason whole bed shifted dramatically, sliding across the floor with enough jarring force to rock Jason about. His hands had instantly gone to maintaining his place on the bed. Just as quickly as it had started it ceased, Jason bed was now three feet from where it started. He sat up quickly with a look of annoyance.
[b]
"What the **** was that?"

"I used words instead of drawing runes to move you." [/b]Jason hopped on the bed.
[b]
"You can use words for your power?"[/b] Marcus shook his head.
[b]
"No, that's not how it works. Every rune has a name, a particular word that gives it power. I can use the symbol itself to create the desired effect. However, I know the words to them as well so I can use them that way as well."

"Why haven't you done that before? It seems like it could make life easier for you."

"It actually is much more difficult to speak their true names, I have to say multiple names to get them to do what I want. It is a more powerful way to use them, so there in lies the balance of my powers. Using the symbols is quick and easier, but less potent then speaking their name."[/b] Jason waved off the conversation, ending it right there as he scooted his bed back and laid back down.
[b]
"Don't do that again."[/b] Marcus bowed his head before turning and walking to the door. Jason lifted his head as he watched Marcus walk out.
[b]
"I know you don't sleep but don't forget the rest of us do!"[/b] He yelled at him as Marcus vanished into the darkness. He walked through the sand, the wind was gentle and carried the warm air on it that Marcus enjoyed feeling. He suddenly stopped dead in his tracks, realizing that he could feel the warmth of the wind. He could feel the cool spray of the ocean, all of these were feelings he hadn't felt for 10 years now, almost 11 now. He had forgotten how it all felt, how its embrace could pull him back to his days in Ghost Echo, of the days where things seemed easier. He took those few moments and let them absorb into his mind, he could only wonder what else the energy ha done to him, and maybe even making a connection with someone else like Ali, had done something to the barriers in his mind. He resumed his walk through the sand, letting the feelings take a back seat to his current goal. He reached his destination soon enough, opening the door slowly and gently to not create a large disturbance. He saw Jeff resting now, Tempest walked his room like a caged animal, looking as if he needed to be free of his confines. Marcus waited fro Tempest to see him before moving any further, when he finally did he greeted him as warmly as he could.
[b]
"Hi Marcus, what are you doing here at this time?"[/b] Marcus smiled at him as he walked toward him, stopping when he was with in arms reach.
[b]
"I simply came by to see how you were doing, you faring well enough so far?"[/b] Tempest nodded to him, a weak smile on his face. Marcus needed a few more moments with him before he made his move, he continued the conversation as best he could.
[b]
"You know, I saw that your name was Mark. I wanted to ask if people wondered if your real name was Markus?"[/b] Tempest took a few moments to think about it, clearly recalling the times. Marcus waited patiently for him to resume the conversation, and he did with in moments.
[b]
"When I was a kid they use to ask me all the time, other kids did often. It got annoying fast."[/b] Marcus chuckled a bit.
[b]
"I know the feeling, I was asked tons of times if I went by Marc. I prefer my real name over shortened ones, I feel people get rather lazy when they shorten a name."[/b] Tempest looked uncomfortable but he held a brave face, trying to see where the conversation was going.
[b]
"Could you hold out your wrist for me please?"[/b] Tempest shifted before cautiously holding up his wrist. Marcus took it in his hand and pressed a rune into his wrist, Tempest looked at the rune with awe and curiosity.
[b]
"Whats this for sir?"

"Its so I can keep track of you. You are new to the team and I can't have anything bad happen to you with my new promotion. Sleep well Tempest."[/b] Marcus vanished once again out the door, smiling to himself at his new idea. The symbol on his wrist was the exact opposite of Ali's, the only thing similar was a sort of magnetic pull between them. Tempest's rune would keep him a short distance from Ali, keeping him from touching her anymore. He hoped this was enough, the boys eyes still left him uneasy and he was going to have to find out what the issue was. He made one last stop before returning back to his cabin, going to Ali and Demetri's cabin, he placed both hands on the door and spoke several words quietly, a large rune manifested itself on their door. Satisfied with his work, he turned away, this rune would let him know who entered the cabin. He needed to keep tabs where he could, their vacation could turn nasty at anytime. Especially with the winds acting up as the were, the ocean going in and out, tonight would be a rough not for everyone. These were his final thoughts as he slipped back into his cabin and settled into his mediation, the hourglass sitting before him as it dripped ever so slow, his mind flying off into the endless worlds he had never explored.

When he finally came out of his meditation the sun shined brightly, the warmth on his face as he rose from his place on the floor and walked outside, seeing the sand had been heavily disturbed, the trees thrashed about leaving palm leave and other debris all over the place. He could only imagine what had happened last night, his mind wandered as he tried to understand how he had missed such a storm. Only when he saw the loko on Demetri and Ali's face did he understand what happened between them.
[b]
"The storm makes more sense now."[/b] He said to himself as he casually walked on to the sand, finding a chair to settle in. He was starting to enjoy this vacation, even if it was only temporary. He could dwell on what he had seen in those other worlds later, he saw no danger in them, and that was the only thing that needed his attention these days.[/size] Edited by Dassem Ultor

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali waved at Marcus as she looked out the window, a small smile on her face that quickly turned to a frown as Jason walked through her door.
"You could knock you know! Were you raised in a barn?"
"That a trick question?"
Shaking her head and poured the wolf man a mug of coffee and sat down opposite of him across the bar as a few of the others began to file in, drawn to the smell of bacon. Ali rolled her eyes as she realized she was going to have to make more coffee.
"Really people? You all have kitchens too."
Sasa yawned as she leaned on the counter.
"We're to lazy to cook. Besides, your the only one who seems well rested after that storm last night."
Ali felt her cheeks blush as she poured another mug of coffee for Jeff.
"S-Storm?"
"Uh, duh. Don't tell me you didn't hear it."
Ali shifted slightly as Sasa's eyes met her's as Jeff thanked her for the coffee quietly. The older woman stared at her intently for a few moments as the last of the team filed through the door, Gene and Mark last as Sasa's mouth formed a small 'o' shape.
"You and Demetri had sex didn't you!"
Jason's and Mark's voices blended together as both looked at Ali.
"What!?"
Ali felt her cheeks turn red as Marcus joined them, a knowing smile on his face.
"You do have a rather healthy glow to you this morning Ali."
She shot him a glare, but dropped it as Lily ran forward and hugged her legs.
"Morning Mommy!"
Before Ali could respond to the little girl she dashed away up the stairs and the group chuckled as they heard Demetri groan as the girl's voice carried down the stairwell.
"Morning Daddy! Get up sleepy head!"
Ali checked on the bacon, shifting it this way and that in the pan not really paying attention, Lily's naming of her and Demetri sent her back to thinking of what Demetri had said to her two days ago, she was pulled back as the grease in the pan popped violently and covered the back of her hand in grease. She winced as she dropped the spatula, Jason and Marcus already next to her.
"Dammit!"
Marcus guided her hand under the tap and ran cold water over it til the grease turned white on her hand, Jason holding it up to inspect the red skin.
"You alright sis?"
"Yeah, I just wasn't paying attention to what I was doing."
"Obviously."
Scoffing she looked up as Demetri's heavy footsteps could be heard coming down the stairs, Lily coming down first and running over to Tank who scooped her up and proceeded to exit the cabin, the others following suit. Mark turned around as he was the last one left and looked at Ali with a deep frown before he left. Ali looked up and smiled as she handed Demetri a mug of coffee.
"Morning."
He grunted in response causing Ali to frown.
"Are you alright?"
He ran his hand over his face and scratched the back of his neck.
"Didn't sleep well. Alot on my mind."
Ali looked down into her own coffee and nodded slowly.
"I see. Are...are we alright?"
"We're fine."
She frowned slightly as he continued to stare out the window instead of facing her.
"Than why won't you look at me."
The giant before her didn't answer right away, but looked down into the sink and shook his head.
"What happened last night...it...it was a mistake..."
Ali blinked, hurt.
"What do you mean?"
"I know I said that I wanted you to be a part of my family officially...and that I wanted to start a family with you...but I don't want to get my hopes up, every time Lily calls you mom, or me dad...it makes me wonder if I'll ever have that."
"I-I'm sorry Demetri...I didn't know-"
"Of course you didn't. I never said anything to you about it so how could you?"
She balked slightly as his voice took on a hint of anger, frowning she set her mug down and slid from her chair.
"Well forgive me for wanting to have an actual relationship with you Demetri Athens. I'm sorry that I might not have kids but that doesn't mean we can't be together does it?"
"It means your useless."
Ali gasped, her hands flying to her mouth as tears lined her eyes.
"You don't mean that..."
"I'll inherit everything from my parents when they're gone. If you can't have kids what good are you? I won't have anyone to leave it to in twenty, thirty years. An heir if you want to put it that way. What will happen to my family home? It goes to auction? I won't let that happen."
"Than we can adopt or something...what happened to you not giving up on me? Or you doing anything for me?"
"I changed my mind!"
She flinched as his booming voice echoed through out the kitchen, shaking her head she felt the tears slip down her cheeks as she backed towards the door.
"You could have told me this before last night happened."
"It shouldn't have happened at all Alex. I wasn't thinking straight."
She nodded slowly, her throat tight and tears falling freely now.
"Alright...I'll move my things in with Jason...Marcus can stay here from now on."
He didn't answer her only kept his back facing her which made the hurt that much worse as she threw the door open and rushed out passing Gene and Mark as she ran towards the woods, a hidden glint of triumph in Mark's eyes as he watched her vanish from sight. He looked up at Gene, his expression worried.
"I'll go see what's up, you want to go see what's going on with Demetri?"
Gene nodded and walked away as Mark followed Ali's path through the trees, the further he got the more he smiled. Back at the cabin Gene walked into the kitchen just as the coffee mug slipped from Demetri's hand to shatter on the tiled floor. Demetri's back still facing the door Gene had just come through...the same one Ali had fled through moments before, his milky white eyes slowly regaining their true color as he shook his head. Instantly his face fell as he turned and looked around the kitchen, he saw Ali was no where to be seen. He shuddered as he exhaled a breath, last night had been different than just now, last night he had been able to keep some degree over him self, he had just lost him self in a haze; able to remember everything, he didn't regret what had happened between him and Ali, on the contrary he was hoping to have more moments like that with her. But this time, his harsh words, and hurtful actions towards his love were not his own. He had been able to hear every word he was saying, could hear the hurt in her voice and the tears that choked her...but no matter how hard he tried he had not been able to stop them from coming. Unlike last night he had not had any control over his body and by the time he regained his control, she was gone. He turned off the stove, the bacon forgotten and scorched filling the small kitchen with smoke. Cupping a hand over his eyes as tears threatened to over whelm him he spoke to Gene.
"Find Marcus and bring him to me immediately, than I want you and the others to find Alex...please."
"Sure thing Commander, but, Tempest already left to find Ali, he actually should have caught up with her by now."
Demetri's head shot up as Gene walked out to get Marcus, every warning bell going off inside the giant.
Ali had found a cove on the opposite side of the small island, she had finally stopped running and was bent over, breathing heavily and sobbing as her heart hammered against her ribs. Looking up she frowned as the sun seemed to be mocking her, it's bright rays dancing off the water and her hair. Gritting her teeth she stalked over to the nearest tree, pulled her right hand back and threw it against the thick trunk and cursing as pain shot up her arm. Dropping to her knees in the sand she cradled her hand to her chest, small spots of blood mixing in the sand with her tears. Looking at the damage she sighed, Jason would kill her for this, her knuckles were torn and bleeding from the amount of force she had put into her strike. Turning around and facing the water she held her damaged hand and cried silently turning quickly as she heard someone coming through the trees. Her heart began to beat rapidly as she watched hoping that the person who emerged would be Demetri, come to tell her that he had been joking and she had run before he could tell her, but as Tempest stepped through the trees her heart sank and she frowned looking back towards the water.
"Hey Ali, everything alright?"
"It's none of your business Tempest."
He held up his hands and chuckled.
"Hey hey, I'm just trying to help."
"Well your not."
"Something happen between you and Athens?"
"Commander Athens, Tempest. You know that."
"You don't call him that?"
"Because I'm only a rank under him, and I've earned his respect."
"As well as given him your body."
Ali tightened her hand into a fist as anger burned in her throat, wincing as pain shot through her wrist, it didn't go unnoticed by Tempest.
"You hurt?"
"I'm fine Tempest. I just want to be left alone."
He frowned and sat down next to her, trying to put his arm around her, but than seemed to decide against it.
"You know I'll always be here for you right? Because I love you."
Ali looked up at him, blinking as she saw Demetri instead, but as it melted away and Tempest sat looking back at her she felt tears sting her eyes again and shoved him away, the rune on her wrist burning slightly.
"I told you Tempest. I could never return those feelings. I love Demetri, with all my heart."
His frown deepened and he grabbed her injured wrist as she stood to walk away standing as well and making her growl, the rune burning more as he pulled her against him, his own rune glowing but unnoticed by the two.
"Just come with me. I could take better care of you than he could."
"Is that so? Prove it."
"How so?"
She wrapped her ankle around his and shifted her weight pulling his feet out from under him.
"Demetri is the only one who can beat me in hand to hand, and that's only because of his brute strength, if you DON'T get beaten to a pulp by the time he shows up, which I can assure you he will. I might consider you worth a second glance-"
His frown turned into a smile.
"A second glance at even being on the team. As far as there ever being an us, forget it."
"But you just said-"
She chuckled, a deep, dark sound that would have sent chills through any one's spine.
"I lied. My heart belongs to Demetri, and no one could ever change that."
His face contorted into an ugly frown and he charged shocking her with his speed, the next thing she knew he hand her injured wrist in a tight hold, bending it backwards and gaining a yelp of pain from her as he slammed her against a tree, her head hitting the trunk hard enough for her to see stars. She blinked as her vision swam, the rune burning more fiercely now on her wrist, she could just make out the faint glow on Tempest's wrist before it faded. She groaned, feeling warm blood run down the back of her head to mix with her hair, his words not registering as she slipped in and out of consciousness, trying her best to call to Demetri as her muddled down brain tried to process everything that had just happened.
"You will be mine, one way or another. I'll have you."
Her eyes sunk down as Tempest released her, the sounds of the others coming through the trees alerting him, looking down at the girl in the sand he sighed and ran back into the woods, covering his footprints as he did, making the scene look nightmarish as Ali's blood slowly began to drip onto her shoulder.[/color][/font] Edited by Knuckles' Girl

Demitri paced the wooden floor of the kitchen as the minutes passed for Marcus to arrive, something was amiss with what happened inside of his head and the giant needed to know what was going on quickly. Demitri had already picked up the mess he made from the dropped coffee cup, putting the broken shards in the trash and wiping up the liquid with a small towel before Gene left to fetch the mystic. Demitri leaned on the island counter top while he waited, the nice sea breeze passing through the screen door felt relaxing on the giants skin, the door opened slowly as Tank made his way inside, holding the door for Lily as she padded her way past the kitchen into the bathroom to wash up.

"Big brother says I need to get the sand from my ears and between my toes" She giggled as she went into the bathroom and turned on the bathtub fosset, Tank sat down at the kitchen table and peered over at Demitri, seeing a smile from looking at the little girl's happiness. Seeing her, and the way she addressed Alex and himself, was something nice to hear. Tank didn't see to mind his little sister getting close to anyone at HDF, and he's begun to attach himself with the Alpha team more than anyone else, besides the Commandant and some of the other higher rank officers he's met at the mansion. Demitri rubbed his forehead for a moment before he saw Lily tapping onto his leg, he looked down to see the young girl's bright eyes looking straight back at him. "Daddy, do we have any bubble bath soap?" She questioned, it caught the giant by surprise as it took him a bit to answer, he was still worried on finding Ali and making sure she was alright.

"Ummm....there should be some Mr. Bubble underneath the sink little one" Demitri pointed to the small sink in the bathroom, Lily smiled ans waved goodbye before she went back into the bathroom and closed the door, the next sound heard was a large splash coming from the same bathroom, making Tank chuckled a little bit. It was at that instant Gene and Marcus entered the kitchen through the same screen door.

"Commander, you asked for me?" Marcus moved his way towards Demitri, seeing the giant a little shaken as he leaned against the counter top.

"Something happened with me this morning, the things I said to Ali, the tone, the attitude, it wasn't me. I could hear all these things that were coming out of my mouth, but I know they weren't my exact words. I know I would never say those things, but this is confusing and I know I've hurt her so bad with what I said, I just can't explain what was happening. Can you try to find to see if there's an outside source? Please my friend." Demitri kept his left hand covering his eyes as he thought hard about the actions that happened this morning, Marcus placed his hand on the broad shoulders of his commander and focused his energy at that one spot for a moment, but his hand was whipped back, feeling the palm of his hand grow hot. Tank stood straight up as he saw the whiplash, concern filled his eyes, Demitri looked puzzled as well. "What happened?"

"There is definitely something foreign surrounding your body, it's not the mental barriers since I didn't need to access your mind. But there is something amiss within you..." Marcus cut himself off as he felt danger withing himself. The rune Ali wore for protection signaled lightly in his spirit, but so did the rune on Tempest signaling that he was close to Ali. But, blood had been spilled. "We must find Ali, right away, she's in trouble" Demitri and Tank shot up as they all ran out of the house simultaneously and followed Marcus' lead. He stood for the moment before feeling where the rune was emmenating from, he faced towards the thick woodland area down the beaten path. "Down that way" The three made a mad dash down the pathway as the followed Marcus, turning slightly as their bodies brushed against the stray twings they ran passed, finally the three were able to make it to a small cove area, somewhat secluded from the rest of the housing units. Demitri was the first to act when he saw Alex on the ground.

"ALEX!!!" The man sprinted to her and knelt down as he scooped her up in his arms, he felt the warm crimson liquid flow from her head and down onto his arm, the giant was puzzled on what had happened, but he heard another sound as he looked back at Tank, who transformed his body fully. Along with Marcus who stood at the ready. "Whats the matter?" Demitri stood up, carrying Ali close to his body, he felt her hand grab onto his shirt lightly. "Oh my love...I'm so sorry" Before Demitri could act, there was a spark of red that quickly made its way towards Demitri as he stood still, but it was Tank who blocked the fire blasts' path as it struck his steel body, causing the flames to scatter and die off into the air. Tank looked back at Demitri and Ali with his own milky white eyes.

O.k?" He grunted.

"Yes, thanks bro" Demitri walked to Tanks side as they all looked into the woods to try to find where the fire blast came from. Marcus crossed his arms and made his way to the others.

"For now, it seems that our assailant is gone. Let's get her some medical treatment back at the house" The mystic turned towards the path where they came from as the others followed close behind. The marked man though long and hard about his suspect on who laid harm on Ali, since he never did tell Demitri that he marked Tempest with his own rune just to be on the safe side. ([color="#8B0000"][i][b]Tempest, this is a dangerous game you play my friend. What do you hope to gain with this stunt?[/b][/i][/color]) Marcus thought as they continued to walk..

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali woke up slowly, groaning as she reached up and cupped her hand over her eyes to block out the light, she frowned as she felt cloth wrapped around her hand. Blinking rapidly she opened her eyes and looked at her hand which was bandaged, the cloth dotted with blood. Putting her good hand on the mattress she tried to sit up but found it hard to do as a large hand covered her shoulder and pushed back into the bed. Looking up she saw Tank and blinked as her head swam from the small movement.
"Ugh...what happened?"
"Don't know."
She nodded slowly as he moved from the small chair and looked at the bandaged covering her forehead.
"Hurt?"
"No, it doesn't. Not right now. Where am I?"
"Demetri's."
She nodded as she looked up at the ceiling, his harsh words filtering through her mind, she closed her eyes tightly as she felt tears sting the corners.
"Wasn't him."
She looked over at him quickly, the motion causing a wave of nausea to wash over her, and was thankful as Tank held out a large blue bucket for her as she leaned over the edge of the bed and retched into it violently.
"Okay?"
She wiped her mouth, making a sour face and nodded watching as he took the bucket to the bathroom and rinsed it out bringing it back with him.
"Tank, what did you mean by 'wasn't him'?"
"It wasn't him."
She blinked as she realized he was talking about the things Demetri had said to her.
"But-"
"Wasn't him."
She felt a large weight lift from her chest at the thought and smiled slightly.
"Tank, how old are you?"
His cheeks turned slightly pink as he fiddled with the hem of his shorts, much like a child would.
"13."
Ali sat up quickly, the motion making her sick to her stomach again.
"What?!"
He held the bucket out as she emptied the rest of the contents of her stomach and flopped back down into the sheets, she looked up at him as he returned from rinsing the bucket again.
"Your only 13?"
He nodded and scuffed his feet on the floor as she studied him.
"Lily's not your actual sister is she?"
He shook his head and looked at the small woman on the bed.
"Found her."
"Where?"
"Burning house."
"You tried to save them didn't you?"
He nodded more as his face fell, Ali felt bad for the...she wasn't sure what to call him now, boy.
"She was the only one alive wasn't she?"
Again he nodded, she put her small hand on his dark tanned skin and offered him a smile.
"She's lucky to have you Tank."
He offered her a smile and gently pushed her back into the pillow.
"Demetri?"
She smiled and nodded as she took a deep breath.
"Yeah Tank, I would like to see him."
The giant left, his foot steps fading down the stairs, a few minutes later she could hear equally heavy foot steps coming towards her room, she looked up as the door cracked slightly, seeing a few strands of brown hair she let a small smile slip onto her face.
"Alex?"
She watched as he entered, his warm hazel eyes nervous as he peered in only to see her laying on the bed with her hand outstretched towards him, Demetri only hesitated for a moment before walking over and taking her hand.
"Alex...about this morning-"
"Tank said it wasn't you. What did he mean?"
"I could hear everything I was saying...but I couldn't stop it. I wasn't in control of my body this morning."
She nodded slowly, frowning slightly.
"So everything that you said..."
"Wasn't me. I would never say those things to you. You know that, don't you?"
She looked away from him only to have his large hand bring her back.
"Alex?"
"It just makes no sense."
"What doesn't?"
"Why your even with me. I'm bossy, I'm to serious, I'm...I'm hot headed I'm-"
"Making excuses. Yes, your bossy. But you have to be, your the team lead. It's natural for you. As for you being to serious, not as much as you used to be. Your changing."
"I'm not pretty."
"Your right, your not."
She looked at him and frowned a she tried to look away but his hand wouldn't allow her, closing her eyes she refused to look at him til she felt his lips on her's.
"Your beautiful Alex."
She nodded as his lips found her's again, both looking at the door as Marcus stepped in.
"Everything patched up Demetri?"
He nodded frowning at the mystic as he looked at Ali.
"I need to speak with her on my own Demetri. It's nothing you have to fear, I assure you."
Ali looked at Demetri and smiled, cupping his face she kissed him one last time before he stood and walked back down the stairs, looking up at Marcus she slowly began to sit up smiling as he moved forward and helped her.
"I assume this is about what happened?"
He nodded as he sat down next to her bed.
"Do you remember anything after you ran?"
She frowned as her memories became blurred, shaking her head she looked up at him.
"No...I don't it's all really blurry."
"I'm not shocked, you seemed to have hit your head rather hard."
"You want to see if you can search my memories, don't you?"
He nodded slowly, his face dropping into a frown.
"There are dangers to this, it could back fire on you since your powers are so similar to what I'm about to do."
"Side effects?"
"I honestly do not know."
She nodded slowly.
"Do it."
He put his hands on either side of her neck, his fingers grazing the back of her skull, closing his eyes she gasped as she felt his consciousness meld with her's and at the same time she melded with his. His memories flooding into her mind and what felt like seconds later she blinked up at him. His face was set into a deep frown as he looked at the floor. He looked up at her and blinked rapidly as he saw tears trailing her cheeks.
"Alex, are you alright?"
She wiped her eyes and nodded, looking back at him the tears continued to fall.
"You really miss her...don't you?"
He stood slowly as he looked down at her with a frown.
"I'll send Demetri back up."
"Marcus wait."
He looked back at her from the door way, his frown still in place.
"You can talk to me, you know that."
He nodded.
"Did you find anything out?"
He shook his head making her frown.
"Your lying."
His eyes met her's and sighed realizing she wasn't about to let this go.[/color][/font]

Pocket spent most of her time with Lily during this vacation, when she wasn't helping the others make sure Demitri and Ali had time to themselves. Pocket worried a little about that actually, but orders were orders. Thanks to the storm, she found a lot of sea shells with Lily. She showed them to her big brother Tank, who Pocket liked, despite his silence. He reminded her of Jeff in a way. Then, he wanted Lily to wash up since she was a bit sandy. Lily rushed off to the cabin with Pocket close behind. Lily was a fast runner though and beat Pocket there.

By the time Pocket made it to the cabin from the back door, Lily was by herself in the bathroom the bathtub filled up with cold water. She was wet from splashing in the tub, with some bubble bath soap by her side. Besides the water, she was still just as sandy as before. Pocket giggled and helped Lily out.

[b]"Don't make it too hot okay?"[/b] Lily asked Pocket.

Pocket smiled and nodded and Lily cheered as Pocket added the bubble bath soap. After it all foamed up, she joined Lily for a bubble bath until the girl was wrinkled. Once Lily settled down, Pocket got her into bed for a much needed nap. Pocket was thinking of taking one too, but she remembered she had to talk to Marcus. Then, she got a bad feeling.

[i]"Where is everyone?"[/i] She thought to herself.

Finally, after checking the cabins and finding everyone but Tempest, Ali, Marcus and Demitri, she went to check the last cabin. She had to talk to Marcus and Ali, but someone else left the cabin that she had to talk to. Demetri.

[b]"Demitri. We need to talk."[/b]

He seemed troubled and Pocket knew this wasn't a good time. What she had to say though, had to be said.

[b]"You need to stay away from Ali, Demetri. I was...I am scared of you, from last time when Ali was missing. You almost hurt Lily and me. I heard what you said to Ali earlier to. So it sounds like you've already hurt her emotionally. Stay away from her before you hurt her physically too, please."[/b] Pocket said. She knew she couldn't stand up to Demitri, with his size, but she wasn't going to pretend Ali was safe if she's in trouble.

[b]OOC: Okay, Mage, just to let you know, Pocket is just still affected by Demetri's outburst when Ali was missing. So just explain that part to her somehow about Demitri not being in control when he said those things to Ali. Pocket will settle down after that, since Ali will back Demitri up. She's just worried right now.[/b]

[size="1"]Marcus simply stood in the doorway for several moments, he contemplated just leaving right then. He had seen more than he had anticipated from her memories, she had also seen more than he wanted her to see. The memories she had seen were unfiltered, her empath power had made it easy for him to tap into her mind, but made it just as easy for her to look into his. If she had fished in his mind for anything specific, she could have found it, but she only saw his most powerful memories, and those were all of Masan. She was always there not, especially when he saw Ali and Demetri. Their love reminded him of so many nights he was with Masan, and with that thought filling his mind he let out another sigh and stepped back into the room and closed the door behind him. He walked over to Ali, sitting down again as he searched for the words to begin.
[b]
"I wish I knew where to start, things have become complicated."[/b] Ali stared at him as he searched for the words, she got up and sat beside him, looking at him with her understanding eyes. There was so much of Masan in her that she broke his heart every time he saw that look, those eyes and all the power in the world. He could see how Demetri would fold under those eyes.
[b]
"Alright, I'll start where I can. You deserve to know as much as possible."[/b] Ali nodded, watching him carefully as she saw the trouble he was having. He almost didn't notice when she put her hand on his forearm, her touch bringing more comfort then he had expected. He wondered if this was what having a family was.
[b]
"First off, you should know that after we talked about Tempest, I had him marked."[/b] Ali didn't seem that surprised to hear that from him.
[b]
"I'm not surprised Marcus, we both agreed there was something off."[/b] Marcus nodded solemnly.
[b]
"If we had only know how off he was."[/b] She cocked her head at his lost comment.
[b]
"What do you mean?"[/b] Marcus sighed again, wringing his fingers together.
[b]
"You may not remember now, but you saw everything that happened. I saw everything that happened, and I am....concerned."[/b] Ali waited for him to continue, her eyes wide as the anticipation of know was slowly starting to get to her.

"After you ran off, what do you remember?" She looked away as she tried to remember clearly anything that had happened.
[b]
"I remember feeling sad, I remember hitting my hand against the tree. After that, I don't remember much, just muffled words."[/b] Marcus nodded to her as he looked away now, his eyes focusing on one spot on the floor. His mind recalling the memories, Ali's memories, and his anger grew, the runes on his body started to glowing that eerie blue color.
[b]
"Marcus, whats wrong? You're glowing again."[/b] Marcus came back from the trip down memory lane, the light fading as his rage subsided. He shook his head to clear it up.
[b]
"I'm sorry. The fresher the memories, the more potent the emotions are. After you hit the tree, Tempest showed up. From what I saw, he had been following you and seemed to pounce on the moment. What I saw, was rather disturbing for anyone who witnessed it. You spoke to one another, he tried to comfort you but you turned him away. It was understandable, he was pushing, fishing for something. He spoke the words 'I love you' to you. It became clear, he was there to try and take you for himself."[/b] Ali was near tears when he paused for a moment, keeping his own feelings and the ones that lurked from Ali's from exploding out of this room. He moved closer to him, he put a protective arm around her as he did his best to continue.
[b]
"You two exchanged more words, he still trying to take you from Demetri and you refusing his advances. He was the one to smash you against a tree, the final words he spoke at the end chill me the most."[/b] Ali pulled away as she looked up at him, fear and sadness in her face.
[b]
"What did he say Marcus."[/b] He hesitated before speaking again.
[b]
"He said, 'You will be mine, one way or another. I'll have you.' The words he spoke, I've heard those words before. The way he said it as well, those words are the words Gods put into your mind. His obsession, it has become a monster all on its own Ali." [/b]Ali trembled as she remembered all over the encounters with Sybille, her head snapped up to meet his eyes as a thought hit her.
[b]
"Is Tempest.... is he another God Pact?"[/b] Marcus shook his head.
[b]
"No, if he was we would know about it. He would just take you, but I do feel he has come close. He's done something along the lines of what Jason did, he's contacted a god to make some deal with them. At least, this is my suspicion. I don't have much else to go on until I meditate tonight."

"Does Demetri know about any of this?"[/b] Marcus shook his head.
[b]
"No, I would prefer we keep this secret until he apprehend Tempest. Demetri would bring too much emotion into this, once he is found and we get the truth out of him Demetri will know everything."[/b] Ali wiped the tears away, she then looked at Marcus with a question on her mind.
[b]
"Marcus, how do you know so much about.... everything?"[/b] Marcus froze right there, she didn't know anything about what he did in his meditation. The beings he talked to and the things he did, no one knew what he did anymore or where his information came from. He always knew too much, anyone else he would just spew something sounding insane and dismiss the subject all together. Ali, on the other hand, wouldn't let it go with that. He had to say something.
[b]
"With anyone else, I would lie to them. Tell them it didn't matter and they would die without my knowledge. Part of that is true, plenty would die without me. Everything I know I learned from other places. I wish I could tell you more, But I can't explain any of it that is comprehensible to anyone else outside of the male members of my family. I'll simply show you, but not today Ali. When you are ready, I'll show you one day what I do."[/b] Ali nodded, she knew she wouldn't get more out of him than that. And it was already more information then she thought would be said. He rose from his seat and walked to the door, he heard Ali speak up one more time.
[b]
"You never answered my first question Marcus, You miss her a lot, don't you."[/b] He was gripping the door handle when she said those last words, he stared at the door for several moments before turning his head to see her.
[b]
"Every day of my extremely long life, I'll always miss her. And I'll always feel like I failed her."[/b] He opened the door and walked out, closing behind him as he walked down the steps going to find Demetri to send him back up.[/size]