OtakuBoards

The Edge of Hell: The Purveying Darkness

Inuyasha Fandom

'Ello! Inuyasha Fandom here, telling you to post your ideas, concerns, and anything else to your heart's content! Here within the backstage thread, we can post pictures of potential enemies, enemy ideas, story ideas, additions, and anything else. It's not just me who makes this, but my players as well. You're the stars of my play. I only direct, but can take some ideas. Those I really like WILL get used eventually, but there will be votes taking place on several posted ideas (my own or player generated) when accumilated.

Like this lovely enemy: (it's a shikabane)

[IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e66/could107/Anime/demon.jpg[/IMG]

The idea for this shikabane is that he cannot let go of his love, so he kills women who are like his love because she killed him. Or something like that. I dunno.

Shikabane are going to be comprising the majority of our enemies, because angels and demons are harder to spot and track. Shikabane that have succumbed to their regrets and obsessions and monstrous sides can't help what they do, so it's far easier to find them than our other enemies such as angels or demons. They can. Granted there are idiots among them, but not every divine or demonic entity is a retard. I mean, come on, look at us :sly:

Even still, WE are salvation, and already just from the character sign-ups i'm enjoying the fine line our Shikabane PCs are walking. Interesting roleplay ideas come to mind. As the ring leader of this, if I have an idea, I personally will discuss it with the player, and I expect the same to be done between the players if they have ideas also for one another. BUT! run it by me first. Odds are, it probably will be accepted if that is done.

First two ideas:

The Shikabane (or Demon) SUV

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r190/Torchwood_2006/SUV.jpg[/IMG]

And next:

The evil plant monster:

[IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj300/willowphlucker/plant_fashion.jpg[/IMG]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Okay, first question...why do they get the awesome car? lol. Or is that ours? cause if it is, your the best! lol

Second, I was thinking that later on having like a huge shikibane 'invasion' of sorts, like during one of the more rare moon cycles or something like that...I dunno, I just thought about it so it's still rough. But having like a blood red moon, or a blue or harvest moon or something like that cause all the rouge shikibane to go berserk and having to split into groups to fight them? And on that note, I have another question. So we have means of communication? Cell phones, headsets, walkie talkies? That kind of thing to keep in contact with each other if we ever have to split up for any reason?

Just some random thoughts that popped up. ^^;[/color][/font] Edited by Knuckles' Girl

Actually, the car IS a shikabane. It sits in a parking spot somewhere with the keys in the ignition, and you're supposed to leave the money on the dashboard when you 'rent' it. But... anyone who rents it of course disappears. I'm thinking it forces its passengers to kill one another, in order for them to die with regrets making them have a higher chance of coming back as shikabane. For what purpose this could be for, i haven't thought of yet. And apparently, for it looking like such an awesome car, it's definitely doing it's job of ensnaring based on looks. XD

and as for a shikabane invasion.... Already in the works as a epic finale XD I'm thinking.... six or seven 747 airliners crash into various city districts. Hundreds, if not thousands of people dead. And even though only a small percentage of the dead could become shikabane, there could still be hundreds of them.

And yes, we all have cell phones. Edited by Inuyasha Fandom

Typically, most shikabane are relatively weak, in the grand scale of things. They are much more powerful than humans. However, there are VERY powerful shikabane out there, who are almost impossible to defeat. but, there are angels and demons like that, too. It really all depends on their powers. But, more powerful angels and demons have been known to employ the services of shikabane, and treat them like pawns. By manipulating Shikabane through their regrets and obsessions, angels and demons can gain powerful minions, and nearly immortal ones at that.

And KG? We'll be riding around in these:
[IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/steveampeg/Car.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i377/_MadMan_/1970-454-Chevelle-SS-8.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa244/zetafran888/VEHICLES/ATT00036.jpg[/IMG] Edited by Inuyasha Fandom

In all reality, there is no set limit to the time you guys have. But, it is inevitable. Eventually, you will turn away from humanity and begin acting solely on your regrets and obsessions. Shikabane are death itself, which is why they bring death upon others. Only time will tell when that will happen. And despite your comradeship, Rayne will hate himself for it, but won't hesitate for a moment to put a bullet in your brain when it does. In essence, he thinks he'll be saving you from that existence of being a monster. But, he won't do so until he absolutely has to. so rest easy ^^

[quote name='Inuyasha Fandom']
OOC: Alright, time to chill for a few hours. The next mission will be about Kun Osaki, the famous pop singer ^^[/quote]

Just curious about this and about to do a google search. Is Kun Osaki a real pop singer or just made up for this RP? And what is this singer like? (As far as the RP goes, without spoiling anything.)

I just need some basic info before I make my post.

Go ahead and google her, she's a character from Corpse Princess, though I'm just taking the name, her looks, and profession. She's a shikabane, you'll find a youtube vid of one of her songs I'll be using as well. But... That's where all the similarities end, unless you count her regrets and obsessions. i cant reveal anything else

[quote name='Inuyasha Fandom' timestamp='1299626733' post='705557']
Go ahead and google her, she's a character from Corpse Princess, though I'm just taking the name, her looks, and profession. She's a shikabane, you'll find a youtube vid of one of her songs I'll be using as well. But... That's where all the similarities end, unless you count her regrets and obsessions. i cant reveal anything else
[/quote]

[b]Okay, I thought her name seemed familiar. And I know the scenario after watching Corpse Princess myself. Thanks Inu. I know where to go with this now. I'll try to post soon.[/b] Edited by Lilt

• 2 weeks later...
[b]An opera singer would be great. I just actually started Parasite Eve actually and without spoiling anything, I can see it fitting into our RP pretty well.

The only idea that I have that is musically related is a Shikabane drummer maybe? Amateur bands put out an ad for a drummer and they all end up dead. Kind of a reverse Spinal Tap I guess.[/b]

[quote name='Lilt' timestamp='1301034327' post='705908']
[b]An opera singer would be great. I just actually started Parasite Eve actually and without spoiling anything, I can see it fitting into our RP pretty well.

The only idea that I have that is musically related is a Shikabane drummer maybe? Amateur bands put out an ad for a drummer and they all end up dead. Kind of a reverse Spinal Tap I guess.[/b]
[/quote]

Interesting. I like it ^^