OtakuBoards

Witches: Gods Rising

Akieen Cloud

[size=2]His eyes opened violently then, his eyes searching swiftly around the room, soon enough finding Neos still settled in his lap. The little boy looking up at him with sad eyes, Sly held close to him, Marcus patted the boy gently on the head. Neos rose from his lap and he smiled at the boy warmly.

[b]"I'm going back Neos, don't leave ok?"[/b] Neos nodded as he hugged his fox tightly. Marcus closed his eyes again, the journey less violent this time as his eyes opened gently and he rose from where he was sitting, the world still dark and shadowed as before. He Looked around as he tried to find her, tried to sense her in anyway he could as he walked off into the darkness. He soon came across what he was looking for, only Noe he saw Shadowthrone standing with Cotillion, both facing him. Cotillions face was stoic as usual, Shadowthrones face, however, held a sad look that conveyed far more then Marcus liked.

[b]"Where is she Ammanas?"[/b] Shadowthrone was uncharacteristically quiet, his hands settled on the top of his cane as he looked at Marcus and gave a slow shake of his head.

[b]"It's over my boy."[/b] Marcus' face contorted into a scowl as eyes shifted between the two standing before him. Not understanding what Shadowthrone was trying to get across.

[b]"What's over Shadowthrone?"[/b] Moments after the words left his lips did he start to understand, his eyes widening at the thought. Ammanas nodded then to him.

[b]"She chose Marcus, and you weren't it."[/b] Marcus shook his head violently, his heart thumbing rapidly as he tried to grasp their words. His heart refusing to accept the idea, even the words seemed to bounce away at his walls.

[b]"No, old man. I don't believe you, you spent most of my life just trying to get a rise out of me. You got it now, happy?"[/b] Shadowthrones face remained dark as a smile never touched his lips.

[b]"I wish this was one of those times, but I assure you Marcus, this is no joke.You will see soon enough, I promise you that my protege"[/b] Marcus didn't know what to do with the information, doing his best to refuse the words, pushing them away only to have them crowd his mind again. His kneels buckled then, his body weak as he felt everything fall apart, his heart felt like it was dying in his chest. He roared in pain, his hands clenched into fists as he thrashed for several moments, Shadowthrone and Cotillion just being silent observers to his pain. Neither of them able to to do anything for him as he rose, his hands still clenched and as the runes on his body glowed and flowed around his body in a wild rage. The energy radiating off in waves as his face showed all the rage and grief his mind was feeling. Cotillion walked forward then, standing before his friend as he placed a calming hand on his friends shoulder.

[b]"Don't let it consume you Marcus."[/b] Marcus spoke through the rage, his teeth clenched.

[b]"What do you know? You're dead!"[/b] Cotillion kept his hand in placed as he didn't move or say a thing for several seconds.

[b]"That's my point Marcus. You'll end up like us, we died for reasons that you understand. I know your pain Marcus, don't let this consume you. Son."[/b] Marcus felt his rage start to cool, looking into the hood he could see the only feature that hadn't changed on his fathers face, the dark eyes mimicking Marcus. Marcus bowed his head, his rage still churning in his soul as he closed his eyes. coming awake in his room, he found Neos gone, he shook his head for a moment as he rose, his heart still thumping as he thought of what he was going to have to do next. He needed to talk to Ali first, get everything straightened out, he would then start training Neos tomorrow, he would need to find Pocket today to get her involved. He walked out of his room, heading in a direction, not sure where he was going but letting his legs take him, he didn't reach out to Ali's rune, he did not dare breach that connection with her, not as he was. His legs had carried him through the base, he was nearing the training room, the moment he was in front of the door he was slammed with a wave. Collapsing to the floor with his hands around his ears he was bombarded with images, sights, sounds, smells and even tastes occasionally. Each sense pointing to the indisputable fact that Ali was in the room with Demetri, and his grandfather had been right.

She had chosen who she wanted more, his heart felt the icy grip squeeze in his chest. His breath was ragged, he took a moment as he remained on the floor, getting his breathing under control he felt the barriers rise again, the walls appearing and the doors closing in his mind. He felt his emotions take refuge behind those walls, his face cold as he rose finally, his body standing firm as he turned and walked into the training room. He saw them now, on the mat in their work out gear, Ali on top of Demetri. They both looked up at him, Ali's smile falling away as she saw him, Demetri's hardening with his intrusion. Ali looked into his face, expecting to see hurt and deadly intent, instead, she saw nothing in his eyes, a cold exterior as she quietly attempted to probe only to be met with a cold wall. His eyes shifted slowly between them.

[b]"I thought I would inform you that Neos' training will begin tomorrow. I will be having Calypso assist me, I will be the one to retrieve Neos, she will return him at the end of our sessions."[/b] He looked at Ali one more time, the barriers and the walls holding now. He turned away then, walking out the door once more as he walked down the hall again, his heart still thumping heavily. He had managed to hold his emotions in, he had managed to block out Ali, if she had tried to break in again, she might had succeeded. He turned a corner to find Neos standing there, Sly in his hands, Marcus smiling at him as he held out his hand. Neos gripping it as they walked together, Pocket finding them soon enough.

After their conversation, he walked with both Neos and Pocket now. He kept his eyes forward as he spoke, keeping his tone steady as his body wanted to tremble.

[b]"Calypso, I wanted to ask you something."[/b] Her face looking to him as her eyes glowed with an innocent smile on her face.

[b]"Sure Marcus, anything." [/b]A humorless grin on his face now.

[b]"I know your powers are developing, Neos needs training and I wanted to know if you would assist me." [/b]Pocket showed shock and then nodded furiously too him.

[b]"Of course, I would love to help."[/b] Bowing his head slightly he continued.

[b]"Thank you Pocket, we can also help train you at the same time."[/b] The conversation died after that, Marcus in no mood to carry on anything longer then that. He felt empty inside now, the pain raking his body as he kept upright. A void was in his chest now, and he wasn't sure if he could fill it again, his pain and his suffering feeding the void, the words his father had spoken whispers in his head.[/size] Edited by Nergil Pendelton

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ali remained on top of her husband, both still a little shocked at the intrusion Marcus caused moments ago, but the tension seemed to die slowly when both Ali and Demitri just stayed in their original spots, even when the mystic left them alone. Ali felt somewhat ashamed at the way he saw the two, but she was determined to go on the choice she decided upon when leaving the shadow realm, that was for certain. Demitri felt a wave of pleasure and excitement rush through his veins, he had somewhat won the battle, he had his wife back with him and couldn't be any more happier about that single fact. Ali had chosen him, her words still rang through his ears, her sweet voice and lovely eyes assured him of that realization, the giant pulled his wife down to him as he kissed her deeply, growling in his throat for her need. Her smell, her touch, her very essence excited the giant as he rolled the two on the mat floor, now looking down at his lover, hair falling from his shoulders as Ali's scattered on the mat below her head. Demitri leaned down as he kissed his woman more passionately, hearing her groans as she gasped for air through his kissed, arching her back, trying to get closer and closer to her husband as he placed his hand on her back, bringing her closer to his sweaty body. They broke their kiss, Demitri closing his eyes as Ali looked up, her heart raced in a flutter as she panted for air.

"Demitri, whats with this all of the sudden?" Ali gasped, brushing some strands of her own hear off from her forehead, feeling the sleek moisture from her body as she took a deep breath.

"I just...you're...gods I love you Alex" Demitri kissed her more, placing his other hand behind her head to give it support, there was a noise that came from Demitri's pocket, he ignored the rings over and over until it went silent. But moments later, the noise continued, catching Ali's attention as she paused their steamy make-out session.

"Lover, your phone is ringing" Demitri was too occupied to hear her, licking and nipping at her neck line slowly as he unstrapped one of her sports bra straps, sliding the fabric more towards the edge of her shoulder, until it hund loose on her arm. Demitri kissed more and more, Ali only groaned in delight, but was still concerned about the phone call coming through his pants. "Demitri..." The giant groaned as he obliged by his womans request, lifting himself up by his arms, he reached in his pocket and fumbled to find his mobile device. Never taking his gaze of his woman, Demitri found his phone and flipped it open.

"This is Athens.....yes....yes, as I told you I would like to be-" Demitri stopped talking as the news came from the other end of his phone, his eyes widened slowly as he raised himself onto his knees and continued to listen on his phone. Ali looked worried as she got up from her spot to stand close to her husband, Demitri remained silent as his eyes dropped, Ali moved her head over to the earpiece to listen on what was happening, but what she heard shook the woman as well.

"...Captain Diamond just passed away...." It was enough for Ali to gasp as she covered her mouth with one hand, standing up fully as she looked down at her husband. Demitri met her gaze and stood himself, looking down at his wife now as she walked and wrapped her arms around the mans waist. Losing two captains in the matter of hours, they both knew what needed to happen next, Alpha team would have to be called in to research the situation that took place on the last mission Fox squad went on.

"I understand, send out the alert and by my order, issue a cod red for alpha team members to meet in the war room immediately. Also, have all the files ready in the war room, we're not going in blind, we'll research the different pieces of information from their squad before moving out onto the field. That will be all Circuit" Demitri closed his phone as he grabbed his jacket, Ali grabbed her items as well, both soldiers exiting at the same time, they both stopped in the darkness, knowing the signal would go off soon.

"How soon can you be ready my love?" Demitri asked as he cracked his neck, turning his head slightly to feel the pressure release on his joints.

"5 minutes tops, less than even. I'll make sure Lily and Neos are in bed before coming down to the war room." Ali replied as she rolled her foot on the ground.

"Grab Tank too, I don't care if he's sleeping, she should already be on alert" Ali gasped as she looked up at her husband.

"Are you sure he's ready? This seems like a dangerous mission babe...I don't want him to ..." Demitri placed his hand on her shoulder, looking down at Ali with a smile.

"I would never let that happen. But we need him tonight" Before Demitri could finish, the red lights began to flare throughout the base, the alarm sounded calling for all Alpha Team members to meet in the War room, the two said nothing else as they both sprinted towards their destination. Ali went to their living quarters to make sure the family was safe and secured, she was sure to run into Marcus and someone else on the way. Running out into the courtyard, Jason laid against the tree his collar was tied to, the woman stopped and looked for a moment.

"What in the world?? What did you get yourself into Jason Talon?" Ali put her hands on her hips, he looked at her blankly and replied without pause.

"Long story short, dont piss off Madam Touch. She's stronger and smarter than she looks, end of discussion" Ali sighed as she shook he head.

"I'll be back, just gonna tuck the kids in quickly" She dashed off, Jason gave a lazy wave as she vanished out of sigh.

"Oh sure, leave me here like EVERYONE ELSE HAS!!!! This is so not my day". Demitri ran down the halls once more until he made it to the Med ward, the doors opens quickly, seeing all the wounded soldiers along with Patch and Madam touch standing around a body covered in white sheets. The soldiers lost themselves as the wept and mourned for their fallen captain, Demitri finally made it close enough to see the figure of the body, the left arm completely gone and blood splotches around different areas of the chest that leaked through the white sheet. Patch looked over at the commandant before speaking, reviewing the notes of the patient.

"Sir. Alicia Lockheart. Codename: Diamond. Time of Death: 12:00 am this Sunday morning. I'm sorry to report sir, the loss of blood from her missing appendage mixed with the puncture wounds to her chest and lung was the main cause of her demise. Even Madam Touch couldn't perform any healing measure at this state and with not enough time on our hands." Demitri nodded as he placed his hand on Alicia's corpse, the other soldiers sniffed and wiped their eyes from oncoming tears that escaped freely from their bodies. Patch passed the clipboard over to the commandant who reviewed the medical notes, both signatures from Patch and Madam Touch confirmed the final overview. Demitri nodded.

"I'll be taking this document to the briefing with Alpha team immediately, contact Diamonds next of kin and inform them of her passing and out deepest sympathies to a fine soldier. Explain they will be put onto our payroll for the year to help with finances. That is all" Demitri turned and began to make his way out of the med ward, seeing salutes and weak smiles as he left, he knew his team out need to act now. Exiting to the hallway, the red lights flashed more as Demitri began his jog once again to the War Room, Gene and Sasa came from around the corner and joined the Commandant as he jogged.

"Must be important to have us called at midnight" Gene joked, but Demitri wasn't in the mood as they entered the war room, as requested, Circuit filled the round table with all the paperwork from Fox Squads latest mission. Gene and Sasa took a seat as Demitri passed out some folders to them.

"We're not going in blind, we have 12 reports to review before we head out, lets try to find some connection as to why we now have two deceased captains and dead soldiers. We're pressed for time and we should head out as soon as the others get here and review the information as well." Sasa and Gene nodded as they opened their folders and began to scan through the information, Demitri picked up a manilla folder and did the same, waiting on the others to arrive.

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali dashed through the halls, her chest still heaving from the affection Demetri had shown her just moments before, he had been passionate and she wanted nothing more than to rewind time and finish what he hand started, the heat still coiling in the pit of her stomach. She ran her hand through her bangs and groaned as she mentally shook her self. The image of Marcus walking in on the end of their spar flashing through her mind and she felt her heart twinge faintly. But she had made the choice, she had chosen Demetri, it was a choice she was going to have to make sooner or later and she felt like she chose correctly. She tapped her foot waiting for the door to open once it did she stepped through and stopped dead in her tracks as Marcus came for Neos' room, Pocket not far behind him.
"Hey, did-did you two get the message?"
Marcus gave her a hard look, she pried slightly, trying to get a small feeling from him but sighed silently as she felt nothing. To say that she didn't feel guilty would be lieing. She knew that there had to have been a better way for the man to have learned of her choice, there must have been an easier way and she was sorry that it had to have happened the way it did and she found her self reaching for him but pulled back as his skin semed to spark burning her finger tips slightly. She pulled her hand back to her chest and nodded slowly getting the silent message from the mystic loud and clear. She looked over at Pocket.
"Have you seen Neos?"
She nodded.
"Marcus just put him down to bed. Tank is doing the dishes and Lily is finishing her home work."
Ali felt a slight anger spark at the mention that her children were still not in bed. She nodded and moved through the apartment, not bothering a second look at Marcus. Even if she had chosen Demetri, the feelings that she had given to Marcus had been real and she had meant the things she had said while with him, but she had a family and she was Demetri's wife. More determined to prove that to her husband now more than anything. Shaking the thoughts from her head she walked through the area and found Tank by the sink.
"Dante, get ready, your father wants you with us this time around."
Lily jumped up from the couch, a excited look on her face, Ali shook her head.
"I'm sorry Lily, your still to young. And I know for a fact that your father would kill me if I let you come along."
"But mom-"
"No buts young lady, get to bed, now."
Lily huffed but walked away none the less, Tank coming out of his room to meet her, he was dressed in tenneis shoes and board shorts not needing much else due to his steel skin. Ali nodded and walked to her room and dressed, slipping on a pair of blue jeans, a black tank top, her boots and stopped as she reached for the old robe that Marcus had left her. Staring at it she shook her head and instead grabbed her trench coat. Slipping it on she grabbed her holster and steel knuckled gloves and strode from the room, Tank waiting for her, Marcus and Pocket having already left. She nodded to the teenager and together they went to untie Jason. Tank looked down at her and frowned.
"Uncle Marcus was acting different tonight mom, did something happen?"
"A lot has happened baby. But you don't need to worry about it alright?"
"Mom, he's family too. I love you both so please, don't leave me out. I'm old enough to understand."
Ali took a deep breath as they walked through the moonlight towards the large willow tree, explaining everything that had happned, between her and Marcus, between the three of them and how everything had led to this moment.
"Do you think you made the right choice?"
"Tank, you, Lily, Neos and your father are my life. Your my family. I can't give that up for anything."
"But mom, I'm sure that if you truly chose with your heart, and chose what would make you happy that Dad would be fine with what ever you chose. He loves you that much."
"I'm sure he'd be just like your uncle right now. But we have to go and get the dog in from the rain."
She smiled and looked down as she heard Jason yell.
"I heard that dammit! Why does everyone crack on the canine?"
"Cause you are one."
They set Jason loose and quickly made their way to the war room to see everyone there, Ali instantly taking her place beisde her husband, the close proximity, the heat from his skin making it hard for her to concentrate and with out even meaning to her thoughts flared to life in Demetri's head as he took a sip from his water, making him choke. He looked down at her, a lusting glint in his eyes making Ali blush, she leaned over to him whispering.
"I'm sorry...this new leap in my powers is still hard to control."
He nodded slowly as he took a slow drink of his water, Ali watching as he did, the muscles in his neck and throat working to send the drink into his stomach and again Ali found her thoughts running away with her, this time Demertri ready for the onslaught of images and emotions but it did nothing to stop the giant from growling and putting his glass down and gripping the side of the table. He leaned over and whispered in her ear as she looked down at the files.
"If you keep this up, I'll drag you into the bathroom so help me Alex."
She blushed brightly as she continued to look at the files, her own whispers flitting between them, he was so close she could feel his hot breath on her neck.
"I'm sorry...I'm not trying to."
He closed his eyes and moved away from her as the door opened and Warp walked in.
"Are you ready?"
Ali put her file down and nodded as did the others, Warp nodded and looked at them all in turn.
"I can only take two of you at a time. Where are we going?"
Ali looked back at the paper and than back at Warp.
"It seems as if we're going to Russia."
Warp nodded, holding her hand out Jason and Pocket went first, than Tank and Sasa, Jeff looked at Demetri as the rest of them walked closer, Ali put her hand on Demeti's arm, the heat of his skin sending fire through her blood, she shuddered almost instantly and closed her eyes, her thoughts running away from her again. This time Demetri spun on her and pulled her close, his large hands covering her hips as he pulled her firmly against him, his lips clashing againt her's almost violently as his passion overwhelmed her. He pulled away from her, both gasping for breath as he moved away from her and towards Warp, she rolled her eyes and took Demetri's hand than Jeffs and vanished with them instantly, Ali looked over at Marcus. Now that they were alone she felt the guilt wash over her. She didn't regret her choice but she hadn't wanted him to find out that way, she had wanted to tell him her self, to break it to him gently if at all possible.
"Marcus...I-I'm sorry...I didn't want you to find out that way. I had wanted to talk to you about it."
He remained silent and she felt the loss of him, the loss of a personal connection that might hurt not only her, but her family. She reached for him again, this time the spark being worse, her fingernails turning with the soarch marks. Choking back the tears she looked at the floor.
"I'm truly sorry Marcus. I hope you can forgive me."
She looked up as Warp entered the room again, looking at the two of them closely before they put their hands in her's and within moments found them selves in Russia, the icy cold wind blowing Ali's hair to and fro and she shivered violently only to feel the wind halt instantly, she looked over to see Marcus standing by her, his runes glowing ever so faintly as he held the elements from the team. She looked at the paper in her hands.
"Apparently, by a few of the reports...these are....Nightwalkers?"
She looked up as the rest of the team, all but Marcus gave her the same baffeled look.
"Seems like somthing we haven't dealt with before. Be on guard and watch each other's backs."
She pulled the trench coat tighter to her body and began to trudge through the snow as best as she could, even if she was strong, and tougher than most...she was one of the shortest girls in the team and she squeaked and felt her self blush as Demetri plucked her from the snow and began to carry her on his back, she smiled slowly and rested her head on his shoulder taking in his warmth, every now and than looking at Marcus, trying to figure out a way to at least salvage a friendship from the man if anything.[/color][/font]

[size=2]He felt her eyes on him, caught her glancing at him every so often. His gaze remained forward as often as he could, his eyes only drifting to search the darkness of the area. Nightwalkers were nothing new to him, traveling around the world to all of the bases had made him more aware of the dark creatures still roaming the earth, it was time for him to do his job. He still felt the tug, that pull toward her, he felt the small spark of warmth that was squashed out by the void. Deep in his heart, he wanted her to touch him again, to feel her smooth hands on his skin, to be able to touch her again. The emptiness inside of him refused to bow down to her needs, she had made her bed, now she needed to lie in it. Having seen her shiver, he had broken for just a second, getting close to her to keep the cold from her bones as he did from his own, he couldn't watch her freeze. When she glanced over to him he finally locked gazes with her for only a few moments, feeling her touch in his mind he pushed it away, wanting her out of his head. The emptiness was eating away at him now, corroding every sense he had left, he was aware of his surroundings, his sense still sharp, he just seemed to be giving up on caring. Jason soon came up on his left side, the cold hardly affecting him.

[b]"Whats wrong Marcus? I see that look in your eyes, well, the lack of one that is."[/b] Marcus remained silent as they trudged through the snow, speaking after a long while.

[b]"Nothing you should worry about old friend. Be more worried about the Nightwalkers."[/b] Pocket suddenly appeared at his right side, walking with them both now.

[b]"What are Nightwalkers Marcus? I've never heard of them before."[/b] His gaze shifted through the dark trees, the white snow would make it easier to spot them.

[b]"They are massive beings, their bodies made of flesh like ours, but their skin is midnight black, they don't have mouths or visible ears. All they have for features is glowing white orbs for eyes. They appear out of the darkness without warning, they are relentless, once they have your scent they chase you until you die or they do."

"So they have noses then?"[/b] Jason blurted out, Marcus shook his head, not feeling the need to comment about Jasons words.

[b]"Its more of way they see you, they don't smell you out, they sense you out. Watch their hands though, they lash out with them like daggers, they are sharper then diamond, as many saw in the infirmary."[/b] Marcus said blatantly the words that wretched at a lot of people hearts, his coldness was becoming evident in him, everyone eying him warily. Marcus' suddenly halted, drawing the two swords at his side in a blur, everyone reacting around him and further, weapons being drawn, the sounds of guns being cocked and clips being loaded. His eyes shifted through the dark.

[i]I know I saw you, move again.[/i] He heard the crunch of snow as a small figure now stood beside him, a larger on close to her.

[b]"What's going on? Why did you draw your swords?"

"Quiet, they're here now."[/b] Everyone's attention perking up, He spoke louder now.

[b]"Look for blurs in the darkness, if you even think you see one kill it."[/b] An eerie noise followed, the team forming up to be in a more coherent unit.

[b]"Don't split up, don't chase after them, they kill in groups."[/b] He yelled for all of them to hear, his hot breath showing. Marcus saw it appear at the last moment, his hands and magic reacting on their own. The earth suddenly erupting under the feet of Ali and Demetri, they spun away as the slab forced them to roll across the snow, Marcus leaping through the flung snow. sword drawn as it came down. The distinct sound of metal on metal, his blade clashing with nothing but darkness as his weapons and arms suddenly became a blur. Swinging with such precision and skill that came from only spending 18 hour days practicing with his tools of destruction. The darkness he swung at being forced to back up as he gave it no room to strike back, Marcus spun away with the blades still gripped in his hands, the runs on his body glowing lightly as the figure became clear. The creature looked humanoid, his featureless face seeming as if it could absorb the light all around, it easily towered over everyone in the team, he still stood tall with his swords ready. Forms appeared from the shadows now, more of the same, the uniform look almost terrifying. Marcus kept his mind clear, letting his body relax enough to be able to strike out at an instant. The Nightwalkers moving around, appearing and disappearing, the night lighting up with sound and flashes. He heard grunts and yelps as they tried to avoid and dodge the Nightwalkers strikes, knowing what would follow if they were hit.

He could hear the gusts of wind from Demetri from one hand, the other firing off rounds and Ali shot into the darkness. Screeches and screams echoed in their minds, the Nightwalkers communicating with them their pain and their rage. Marcus thoughts slipped for just a second, the grip of concern suddenly hitting him for Ali, she being the most susceptible to the psychic link. The slip almost costing him as the Nightwalker lashed out, his hand lighting fast as Marcus narrowly avoided it, the hand mere inches from his face. The runes growing brightly as he slashes and smashed with the blunt side of his swords, his hands swinging in a blur, the Nightwalker backing up into the trees, away from the group. Marcus stopping at a point, only a few feet from the group, seeing the trap he remained still, his breathing trying to to remain even and controlled, he suddenly heard a scream, a voice form the group, unable to identify it, he looked briefly to see what it was, his eyes wide as he saw the reason for it. Tank had strayed to far, his steel skin showing the marks where three Nightwalkers now attempted to rip him apart, he landed a punch here and there, his speed not enough in his steel from to deter the Walkers. Marcus caught Ali trying to run to him, Demetri not far behind, Marcus could see they weren't going to make it, Tank on his knees now as he deflected the blows now. Marcus did the only thing he could think of to draw them off, releasing the energy pent up with in, the runes glowing white hot and the light seemed to waver and move as the runes moved now. The Nightwalkers responding to the sudden burst of energy, shifting into the darkness before moments later appearing around Marcus. Three now surrounded him, the one he had been fighting before adding itself to the group. He kept his body tall as he gripped the swords tightly, the leather creaking on the handles.

[b]"I've never fought four at once before. Guess now is as good a time as any."[/b] The motions suddenly became blurred as the Walker struck out at him, his swords blocking and trying to cut back, the group slowly moving him closer to the forest as he swung away. Spinning his body this way and that, he felt one hand lightly graze him, his mind pushing the pain out as he kept fighting, he saw two more start to come to join, their trap coming to fruition. Marcus yelled as he managed to swing his blades around to make them back up a few paces from his location.

[b]"Is that all you got! Bring your best, I don't have much to worry about anymore!"[/b] His blades lashing out again as the Walkers crowded closer to him, his swords getting them here and there, sending a screech through his mind that he pushed through. Their blows cutting across his skin, the light blooming from the blow stunning the creatures each hit, giving him the opportunity to cut into them. One blade finding its mark as he swung upwards, the blade cutting through its abdomen all the way up its chest. It screech and screamed in its death throes as Marcus fought on, letting the fighting take him, seeing nothing mattered even if he did survive. The only one he had left was Neos, and even then, when he was done with his training, he would leave him too. Marcus fought on, hope slipping away from him, his need to care slipping away with it.[/size] Edited by Nergil Pendelton

"What about T.bomb?"

Luwein twitched slightly."....T. bomb?"

"Yes, Time Bomb it's the perfect code name... It explains your powers, easily.... You can manipulate the very fabric of time and that fire thing you can do." Mist seemed too pleased with himself, Luwein was grateful he was blind so he didn't have to see his uncles foolish grin.

"That is such a violent name" Luwein frowned, pulling his white bear cloak tighter around him and putting the hood which had a nose and ears on it... "I would much rather be called by my name Uncle." Luwein said grumpy , kicking at the snow with his white boots.

"Do you know how long it took me to earn my codename? and how happy and respected I felt when I received it?.... it means a lot... I hope one day you'll understand, Lu"

Luwein sighed, it had been a month and a haft since he joined the HDF, Mist with his favor and rank had gotten Luwein to be assigned directly to him... Luwein had mix feelings about this. All his uncle did was talk about how much he would love it here and all the great experiences he could gain and all the good he would do, but the most excitement Luwein had was fighting.... well subduing a wild bear that was ravishing a nearby small town.

"Who are we waiting for again?" Luwein cut in, not wanting to hear this same story again.

"Alpha Team, We're to relay what we know about the area and assist in anyway we can...It has been a long time since I've seen them" Mist said . " They are a group every team aspires to be like, I wonder how much they've changed..." With Mist being a field agent and emergency only transport agent he unfortunately was out of the loop when it came to anything other than his tasks and training his Nephew Private Ouranos.

Mist Turned to Luwein, "And I'm excited to introduce you to them" He beamed and Luwein winced ...

"Uncle, strangers make me uneasy"

"They are not strangers they're family" Luwein's heart skipped a beat..[i]... Family[/i]... Didn't he abandon his to be hear he wondered how they were fairing where ever they were.

"Speaking of family, Uncle.... Have you any word from the tribe?"

"Shhh..... I think I hear something, in the distance" Mist squinted his eyes through the heavy downpour of snow and Luwein expanded his senses to the area around them. He felt something.. things and large group of people fighting far ahead. Whatever or whoever this was Luwein was upset they had interrupted at the wrong time.

"This way" Luwein was about to brake out in a run until Mist grab him.

"I'll get us there quickly"

Luwein felt the world around him vanish and suddenly he was in midair.

"Bring us down easy, Lu" Mist yelled over the sonic booms he guessed where the Commanders.

The group along with their predictors halted for a second staring up as Luwein and Mist gracefully landed on the snow.

"MIST!!" rang a few voices. Luwein felt they seemed happy and even sounded as if they were familiar with his uncle.

"Hello Alpha Team!"

"You sure picked a good time to show up" came a low husky, but kind voice.... whoever this man was, he was a large sturdy man.

Suddenly Luwein grabbed his rod, "Extend!" he yelled, it grew heavy and longer and in one motion he knocked one of the Nightwalkers a foot or so away from the man that had just spoken.

"I don't mean to be rude, but I believe now's not the time for pleasantries, the Nightwalkers hate to be so blatantly ignored it seems." Luwein said then violently gesturing with his hand at the Nightwalker he had hit, before it could recover a small burst of fire erupted in front of it's face. Edited by Takuuya

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali tried her best to keep her mind clear, tried to keep the scream and screechs from echoing through her head but she still wasn't able to control her new found level and as she reached Tank she felt something else, pain and a dread that sent her falling to her knees in the snow. Looking over her shoulder she shook her head and looked up at Demetri.
"Help him, I have to go and help Marcus!"
Demetri nodded and helped Tank to his feet as the others protected them as they moved back into a small patch of light created by a flare Pocket had thrown down from her mind, running past it Ali pushed her self through the snow til she saw him, blood already gracing his skin and she felt her heart falter. Even if she had chosen Demetri, it didn't mean she wanted to lose him completely from her life, to never see his face again, to never see the smile that he reserved just for her, or see Neos run to him and embrace him. She didn't want to live with out those things, even if she couldn't be with him he was still importatnt in her life. Tucking her shoulder down she threw her weight forward and slammed her shoulder into the toso of one of the beasts sending it sideways into another and causing them to tumble to the side. She stood and righted herself putting her back to Marcus'. He stiffened instantly and she felt the cold void of his mind.
"I don't care what you think Marcus Demos, I'm not letting you die!"
She kicked upwards, sending snow into the air as one of the Nightwalkers charged at her, her toe connecting with what she would guess to be the chin, the steel toe of her boot keeping the shock from travling up her leg and shifting her balance, she reached up and wrapped her hands around the back of the monsters head and pulled downward violently striking the creatur in the face with her knee. She screamed out as one of the bests claws caught her on the arm, she checked just to be sure it was still there, the blood pouring down her arm, it dripped from her fingers to blend with the red snow but she could see the black spots of blood on the snow knowing that they were making some damage to the beasts. Standing up she planted her back firmly against Marcus' and pulled out her pistol firing off a few shots before she brought her fist up and caught one across the face, it growled, whirled around and bit down savagly into her forearm.
"Dammit!"
Bringing her pistol down inbetween it's eyes and pulled her arm back, seeing her blood run from the deep wound she shook her head and planted her feet, her powers stretching out around her, feeling everything, everyone...everyone but Marcus, his emotions noting but an empty void. She could almost see small sparks of light from each and every one of the members, all but him. She pushed her back against him, his feet shifting forward, they were shifting further and further from the group and Ali keeping the small bubble of her powers out around her when she felt Marcus slip behing her, she spun around quickly and grabbed his hand as the darkness enable him to misstep and plant his foot on a weak snow bank that gave out underneath him. Looking over her shoulder she pulled her fist back and slammed it into the face of another Nightstalker before trying to find the others, the flare from Pocket flickered in the distance, she hadn't realized they had gotten that far away. She felt his weight lighten as he was able to get a foot hold and begin to climb back up, her chest lightened some as he was out of danger of falling but she stood up and crossed her arms over her face blocking a solid hit from one of the Nightwalkers, the blow so powerful it knocked her backwards and over the edge that Marcus had just fallen over, her arms flailing as she tried to get a hold of something til she felt a hand tighten around her wrist, she didn't need to look up to know who it was. She looked up to see Marcus leaning over, holding onto a tree root and trying to pull her back up as the Nightwalkers drew closer.
"Let me go Marcus! If you don't you'll be killed!"
He didn't answer her only tried to pull her up more the monsters getting closer and closer, she spread her fingers out, releasing her grip on Marcus' wrist and feeling her hand slipping from his grip.
"Just let me go! God dammit Marcus please!"
He said nothing, but still tried to hold her wrist tight, Ali closed her eyes and shifted her weight allowing for it to settle mostly from her wrist, she could feel the sweat on his hands taking it's tole and looked up at him, his eyes met her's and she gave him a small smile, the same smile that she had always saved just for him and twisted her wrist one last time feeling his grip slip. She felt the wind rushing past her as she fell, the snow at the bottom cushioning her blow as her head whipped back, her neck cracking painfully as stars erupted behind her eyes.[/color][/font]

[size=2]Marcus had watched her fall, had watched her make him drop her, he hadn't let go over her, she had let herself fall to save him. He felt the wall crack, even just a small amount, and he had just watched her fall. Marcus gripped his blades and swung them faster then he ever did, the blood running down his arms causing his runes to react, growing hotter and brighter with his charged blood dripping down his body now. He heard the screeches from the Nightwalkers, his blades finding their mark easily, black blood splashing with every stroke. Not all were death blows, but he intended to do as much damage as possible. A Nightwalker leaned forward to swipe at him, avoiding it he spun around it and slashed across its back, his legs giving out forcing it to its knees, his other sword coming around and ripping the head from its shoulders. He lunged forward, rolling before coming up right and slashing with precision, cutting the knees of two more Walkers, their screeches echoed in his mind, they tried to claw at him, bring the point of his swords up swiftly and smashing them through the chests of the two Walkers, twisting them as they died. He yanked the blades out, his breathing ragged as his mind raced now his mind coming back to that smile she gave him before letting go and falling away. He turned now and, seeing shapes appear in the dark, he could feel his strength starting to sap away from him, the swords feeling heavy in his hands now.

[i]Why would you do that for me? I'm not worth it anymore.[/i] He growled as he whipped around and rushed the bank, jumping off the edge, smashing a blade into the wall to slow his decent until finally hitting the ground. He rushed over to where he could see her impact, his swords still drawn and looking around he came and stabbed his sword into the snow before reaching in and pulling her out, he held her in one arm, seeing she was half conscious he shook her a little.

[b]"Ali, by all the gods names, wake up. You're not going to die here, not for me."[/b] She started to come around when the shapes started to come around them, his blood was seeping into her clothes, he held her close as he kept them at distance with one sword. The other still close by jammed into the snow, he was watching the shapes start to close in, the runes flaring as he felt the magic react to protect him and the woman in his arms. Her head moving around slowly, the magic lashing out now at its own will, sudden flashes sending the creatures screeching as the white hot magic tore into their flesh. His walls continuing to crack as the magic seemed to bash at the barriers he built up. He roared into the night.

[b]"I studied the light! You will not touch her again!"[/b] Reaching out in multiple directions, as if trying to set up its own barrier around them, he felt it coursing through his veins, unabated by anything he tried to stop it, the barriers meaning nothing as it crashed through them making them worthless. The void being seared away by the intensity of the sun, He could feel her coming back now, her eyes opening as he held her steady on her feet. Reaching for his other sword, he held them firmly now, Ali seeing the white energy burning around them as the creatures dared not approach. He sheathed the swords for now, the barrier holding for now, the light showing them both clearly, the open wounds on both of them now. Marcus suddenly felt a punch to his chest, Ali's hand balled up into a fist as it made him stagger a bit, rubbing the spot he tried to keep his expression even.

[b]"What the hell were you thinking?! You told everyone else not to separate and you did exactly that!"[/b] He silent at her screams, the wounds healing slowly on his body, the blood drying on his skin. He did his best to remain standing tall, even though he felt the fatigue setting in, the power more then he had been ready to use, all of it reacting to her. Seeing the way his magic worked all on its own, he knew that deep down he wouldn't let her go, even if he had too. He had to keep his face as straight as possible. Ali's rage rose at his silence.

[b]"God dammit Marcus! Are you trying to get yourself killed?"[/b] His eyes twitched with that comment, she didn't miss a beat, seeing the twitch she suddenly smacked him across the face, the hit would of made average person snap their head to the side, his turned as a red mark spread on his face. Ali ready to cry as the rage got the better of her.

[b]"You were trying to die weren't you? Why?"

"Does it really matter, I failed at it. I won't die, not anytime soon. This is proof enough."[/b] He gestured at the barrier of light, she glanced briefly with water filled eyes.

[b]"Do you know why this happened Ali? My powers reacted to save you, I did none of this on my own."[/b] Her eyes snapped back to him then, she saw it then, his eyes filled with a light again. She reached out again, doing a small probe, the coldness was gone, instead was an intense fire that she had to recoil from. He kept speaking.

[b]"I studied light magic in my family, both my father and grandfather studied dark. You can see how we all manifested differently, my energy did this to protect us. To protect you."[/b] She stared as tears rolled down her face gently, he felt a slight twist in his chest, the void gone and the fire burning only intensify the twist.

[b]"I still love you Ali, but I know you made a choice. Neos will be trained, and I will stay away from you. That is all I can promise, I will still dream of you, I will stay hope for you. I can do nothing else, the void would take me if i did anything less."[/b] She shook her head at Marcus.

[b]"I know I chose, I chose the my family, Demetri is my family. But you are family too, we all need you there."[/b] Marcus would of felt his heart leap there, but it didn't, the emotions still tucked away by his last barrier. He drew his swords again, holding them loosely in his hands, finding yet again, he didn't know what to do about anything. [/size] Edited by Nergil Pendelton

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali huffed through her mouth, her lungs burning as she tried to catche her breath; these beasts were fast, faster than she had given them credit for and she was paying the price for underesimating them. She blocked a blow and winced as the claws caught her skin, tearing it and dotting the snow with her blood even more, she could see their black blood on the snow as well telling her that they had indeed made a few wounds on the creatures but it seemed that no matter how hard they fought, the Nightwalkers kept coming back for more, almost as if multiplying. She looked over her shoulder as she felt Marcus stumble.
"Stay on your feel Marcus, if you go down so do I and to be honest, I really do not feel like dieing here tonight! It's to damn cold!"
"If you had worn warmer clothes besides a tank top and a trench coat it wouldn't be so bad."
"I didn't know we were coming to Russia! For the love of the gods, this is no time to be bickering. What the hell are we supposed to do anyway? How many of these things are there?"
"It's hard to tell. They move to quickly to count them."
"Really? I hadn't noticed!"
She could feel her aggravation begin to build, it was as if she had just met the man, his words void of emotion really, and his voice sounded cold, and lost; she was tempted to reach back and take his hand to reassure him that she was still there for him. She yelped as she was hit, hard, from the left, the blow sending her sprawling into the snow.
"Alex!"
"I'm fine, concentrate on staying alive, we need to get back to the others! I need to check on Tank!"
Marcus nodded and stood over her as she tried to get back on her feet, standing she reached back and grabbed him by the sash of his robe and drug him away from the nightwalkers. She ran as hard as she could and tripped, falling forward she winced as her hands hit the rocky side of the cliff, stiffening as she felt Marcus slam in to her from behind, she felt her heart leap as his strong arm wrapped around her waist to keep them both upright, his breath washing across the skin of her neck, the feeling of it making her shiver and her breath catch in her throat.
"M-Marcus...are you alright?"
He nodded, his nose brushing against her neck slowly, pushing away from the cliff she turned slowly in his arms and stared up at him, seeing the blood seep from his lip she reached up and wiped it from the corner of his lip slowly, leaning in closer to inspect the wound.
"Looks like you split it pretty well...We have to get out of here."
He nodded again, his eyes never leaving her's, she looked away from him and walked past him, watching her sides as they walked slowly, finding a winding way back up to the top of the cliff. She caught sight of the others fighting off the last few Nightwalkers, Demetri strode towards her and wrapped his arms around her tightly, she sighed and leaned into him, wrapping her arms around his waist. She inhaled his scent and felt her body relax. He looked over her head at the others and nodded.
"Mist, see if you can find us some shelter for the night, we're blind out here."
The young man next to Mist, the man's nephew spoke up, his blind eyes seemingly to look over the group.
"There is an abandoned base not far from here. I've heard about it a few times."
The all nodded and began to make their way in the direction Luwien told them about, Ali's mind filtering through her reaction to Marcus down in the gorge. She made sure to keep her thoughts gaurded and to herself as she rested on Demetri's back again as he carried her through the snow, she could feel his ease and contentment to have her close to him again seeping through her. Closing her eyes she let her mind wander, unknowingly allowing her thoughts to drift to the very man she was thinking about. The way his arm had felt around her waist, the heat of his breath on her skin, the leap of her heart and hitch in her breathing...the warmth of his skin under her hand and the look of fire igniting in his eyes as she had slowly wiped the blood from his lip. She squeezed her eyes shut more as she his words cut through her mind like a blade.
[i]'...I will stay away from you....'[/i]
She knew the pain those words caused her shouldn't be there...but it was, even if she had chosen Demetri, she still wanted to be near the mystic...to hear his voice and see his smile that was just for her, the one that made her heart race. Taking a deep breath she released it as they found the base, heading inside out of the cold. Sasa looked at the power grid and shook her head.
"We have only a few hours of power. After that we're in the dark."
Demetri nodded as he sat Ali down, she listened carefully as she feigned sleep, still sifting through her thoughts, still trying to make the sharp pain in her heart lessen with no sucsess.[/color][/font]

The lights in the facility glimmered on and off like a strobe light would inside a night club, Alpha team had already spent an hour looking about for medical supplies, small bandaged and what not to stop cuts and cover bruises. Demitri walked back down the corridor from whence he came from with Jeff and Jason by his side, the wolf man was on high alert, sniffing all over the place for any sign of the enemy creatures. Jeff had managed to find a couple of first aid kits on his end of the search, along with a vending machine, Jason and Demitri held out the snacks as they came closer to the small glares Pocket laid on the ground, the group looked at the trio as they came from the shadows, overjoyed to see their friends safe and back with the rest of the groups. Ali smiled as she saw her husband come back to her side, the giant smiled down as he sat next to his beloved wife, handing her a bag of chips and some rubbing alcohol.

"Quite the party huh?" Demitri smiled, trying to lighten the situation, Ali smiled as she shook her head. Opening her bag, she noticed Pocket handing Marcus a bottled water, he took it without feeling and simple sipped on his chilled beverage. She frowned slightly, turning away from Demitri, not noticing her husband already moved form his spot to plant himself right next to Tank, who was wincing at the pain of his bandage wrapping tight around his upper arm by Sasa. The cut he got from the nightwalkers had stopped bleeding, but now the boy dealt with the stinging pain alcohol cleaning his wound in the worst way possible. Demitri took a knee next to his son and gave the boy gentle pats on his back, smiling as Tank looked up at his father.

"Thanks dad..." Tank grunted, feeling a bit helpless as he felt more stinging pain.

"They will heal in time, you're not a real soldier until you earn your first battle scar" Demitri laughed a bit, Sasa smiled and rolled her eyes as she finished wrapping up the bandage.

"So, were you able to find another route outside Jason" Sasa asked as she stood from her spot, stretching in the air, the wolf man tossed her a drink before he replied.

"Several, but some are blocked off by snow that's higher than the door itself, we came across others that were wide open, but those....things, were just standing outside waiting for us. Thanks to the light inside, they wont dare to come in" The wolf man growled at the thought, he hated knowing there was something stronger, faster, and more vicious that he was. The group remained silent for a little bit, all members trying to think of a way to get out of their current situation, Demitri was on pins and needles to say the least, he was more than happy to have added assistance to their team, but with Mists untrained nephew with their team, he wasn't sure if they would be able to keep him protected and safe. If this were an easy mission from the start, the giant would have had no problem with the boy being here, but things were different. Demitri remembered back to the med ward, seeing the body of Captain Diamond covered in a thin white bed sheet, the giant shivered at the thought, imagining the bodies and faces of his own team members under that same sheet due to these creatures. He could feel the pain coming from the wounded soldiers that surrounded her body as they mourned, it was gut wrenching. The lights in their secluded hallway began to dim and flicker wildly now, almost two hours of running smoothly, now it seemed as if the power generator was on its last limbs. Sasa gasped as she dashed for the control room to adjust and compensate to give the group more time to rest, everyone stood from their spots and gathered their things together. Ali made her way towards Demitri and Tank, both parents helped their son to his feet before he was able to stand on his own. Everyone froze when they all heard Jason growl and snap his fangs in the air wildly, Marcus slowly approached his friend as he placed his hand on the wolf mans shoulder, seeing Jason snap his head towards the mystics direction.

"What's wrong?" Marcus asked plainly as Jason growls became louder and more threatening, almost frightening.

"Can't you hear it?? The noise!!!" Jason growled more as he freed himself from Marcus' grasp and stalked around their room, pacing and looking at all their exits., it was that same moment Luwein lifted his head up as he looked around as well, trying to find the source of the sound Jason was talking about.

"I hear it as well, its kind of like a low, humming sound. Powerful vibrations through the earth and walls" The boy placed his hand on the closest wall, feeling the strong waves of sound bounce off and soak into his fingers and palms, something was happening alright, the nighwalkers were up to something that only members with heightened senses could detect. The group froze as they heard an ear piercing scream coming from the hall Sasa ran down, towards the main control room. Everyone was on their feet as they made their way, Pocket picked up a few of the flares before joining the rest of the group, half way down the hall, all the lights turned off in the facility. Everyone stopped in their place, the only light now came from the flares pocket held onto. Jeff and Tank grabbed a flare to expand their light, once again, Jason began to lose his mind.

"They're coming to our spot quickly, get moving!!" Everyone was hot on their heels once again, the sound gunfire echoed in the halls, everyone sped up as fast as they could until they came upon the door to the control room, several bullet holes came through the door as Ali kicked the steel entrance, seeing nothing but darkness.

"SASA?!?!" She yelled, the echo of her voice filled the room and hallway, more noises came from behind the group, everyone made it inside the room as Pocket closed and locked the door, when she looked up, she could see the white eyes of the nightwalkers staring through the bullet hole. The young girl screamed as she dropped her flare on the floor below, the door was torn open, but the light from the flare kept the beasts at the doorway. Tank grabbed onto Pocket, bringing her back to the group as they all looked at the doorway, more and more showed up, daring not to come withing touching distance of the flare. Ali noticed another door that lead towards a different hallway. "We-we have to keep moving and find Sasa, those things don't go near anything that's a bright light source, but that flare will burn out sometimes soon. Pocket, do you have any more with you?"

"Y...yeah, here they are" Pocket manifested two more flares from her mind, Marcus and Ali grabbed one at the same time, their fingers nearly touching one another as they both stopped and looked at one another, but Marcus averted his gaze and took his before lighting it. Ali sighed as did the same, Mist opening the new entrance as he held onto his nephews hand, leading the way for the boy. Everyone began to make haste, but there was a large thump sound that filled the room right as Demitri and Ali were about to leave, looking back, they saw Tank on the ground, reaching for help as a black claw covered his mouth, the boy tried to grip whatever he could as the black shaded being sucked his body into a dark puddle on the ground.

"TANK!!" Both parent screamed as they rushed over to their child, Demitri was able to grab his arm as Ali held onto Demitri

"Let my son go" Demtiri yelled, extending his hand, sending several wind blast towards the black puddle, Jeff used his powers to concentrate on Tank's body and pull him from the grasp, but another black puddle manifested behind the man as it grabbed him and sucked Jeff inside without warning. Vanishing once the task was completed, Pocket screamed as she saw her friend vanish before her eyes. Jason now held onto Ali's body, trying to tug the trio away from the creature, without warning, a large claw extended, cutting all three who stood on their shoulder or chest area, everyone let go as they fell back onto the floor. Ali looked up quickly to see Tank slowly vanish.

"MO-..... The voice went silent, the boy was gone, so was the puddle. Ali shook where she sat, tears falling from her eyes and down her cheek.

"My...my baby...."Ali was scooped into Demitri's arms, he dared not show hi watery eyes, looking over to see Pocket cry in Marcus' arms, the two men exchanged looks, both were dumbfounded about what happened.

"We gotta move quickly" Everyone nodded as they began to exit the room, Demitri and A;li both looked back, looking at the doorway as the nightwalkers still stood behind teh flare, their white eyes sent shivers through their bodies. Demitri heard sniffled coming from his wife, he held her tight before kissing her on the head. "We'll get him back baby, he wont go down without a fight. I taught him better than to do that" Demitri closed the door and followed the others with his wife holding his hand, running behind her husband as they caught up to the group.

[size=2]Marcus felt an iciness setting in his chest, he could no long maintain his cold exterior, his face clearly showing unmistakable horror of the situation. They sprinted through the halls now, the flares bright as they avoided and dodged the Nightwalkers, Marcus moving ahead of the group with his flare held up, a sword in one hand, a black hand suddenly taking a chance to last out at him, avoiding it he slashes a the limb, removing it and charging through the creature, his sword making one more trip, cutting through the beasts chest, blood erupting and splashing on to his skin as he kept running forward. The others following behind before he took a sharp turn, a puddle of inky blackness on the floor before them as they tried to steer clear. They made several turns away from that puddle that kept appearing, Marcus mind still racing as he slowly started to recognize it more and more, the chill still reaching deep into him as they made one final turn, heading into a room, Marcus slamming the door and pressing his body against it as the Nightwalkers tried to smash into it. Demetri running up to hold it with him, Marcus hand pressing into the door, a rune forming on the door, stepping back Marcus began running hands all over the walls all around the room, the walls quickly becoming decorated in symbols before he moved to the middle of the floor and set his hands on the ground. The runes starting where his hands were placed and spreading like wild fire to cover the ground entirely, Marcus feel back and sat down on the ground, his breath harsh as he heard everyone else breathing harshly now. Jason came and sat beside him, his tongue looking as if it was ready to lull out of his face.

[b]"Why did we stop in this room? Those things are going to get us!"[/b] Marcus shook his head as he leaned back on his hands.

[b]"My wards will hold for now, it'll give us a chance to rest." [/b]Jason's face showed his rage as his eyes went wild.

[b]"You could of done this before?! We just had people disappear in some inky darkness and you could of set these up before!" [/b]Marcus shook his head again as he sat up straight now, rolling his shoulders.

[b]"Room was far too big for me to put this detail in it, it sapped some of my strength just to do this place. It'll only hold for a time, we need to gather out strength by then."

"You forgot the ceiling, those puddles could appear from there."[/b] He heard Demetri's voice now, looking at him with Ali sitting close to him. He did his best to keep his eyes on Demetri.

[b]"We don't need to worry about that, it only strikes from the walls and the floor. He can't manifest it on the ceiling." [/b]Everyone froze them as they heard the clear words from Marcus. Ali rose from her place and looked at him with disbelief in her face.

[b]"What do you mean He?"[/b] Marcus was silent for a bit, his sword resting on the ground as sheathed it, standing now, Ali following him with her eyes.

[b]"Someone I thought dead six years ago."[/b] Demetri was up in a flash, rushing forward standing face to face with Marcus the rage on his face.

[b]"You know who did this? You stole Tank and Jeff? And you haven't said a god damn word?!"[/b] Marcus kept his gaze locked with Demetri's.

[b]"I didn't know it was him until the puddles, I didn't recognize it at first. I do now."[/b] He heard Ali then, her voice pleading now.

[b]"Please Marcus, tell us."[/b] His eyes caught her's, the memory of the touch on his face coming back to him. He nodded before speaking.

[b]"His name is Anomander Rakius, his power is darkness."

"You mean he can control darkness, right?"[/b] Pocket spoke up now, he shook his head slowly.

[b]"No, the darkness is part of him. Just like my family, he was born into his. He turned on the HDF six years ago, took 12 of us to bring him down, I thought he was dead."[/b] Marcus waved them away as he saw the questions starting to build in their minds.

[b]"I have nothing else, I don't know why the Nightwalkers are working with him. I don't know anything more." [/b]He had only partially lied, he knew a little bit more, only enough about their new foes appearance. He recalled him clearly now, a tall figure who had all the features of a human did, save for his obsidian black skin and his snow white hair. He was sure the man had been a a creature he had summoned from the dark reaches of the abyss, Marcus moved away from them for the time being. Needing his space as he let his mind race, his tongue briefly touching the split on his lip, the wound healing up, the touch coming back to him as he saw that look in her eyes. He hadn't been sure if it was her feelings, or his own just reflecting in her eyes, when his arm had wrapped around her he felt his walls buckling, being so close to her again he had felt a spark of warmth in his heart. His barrier was still intact, but his mind still clawed at the partition, trying to rip the walls down that tried to keep the tide of his emotions inside. When she had turned to look at him, his thoughts had wandered from just a few moments, he had wanted nothing more then to take her away then. Vanish into the darkness and the snow, when she had touched his lips he had to fight the urge, the want to just lean in and press his with hers. He was only able to keep himself from doing it by remembering the thoughts that had bombarded him, the extreme of her choice in Demetri.

He still wanted the choice to be him, he was still going to do whatever he could to protect her, it just couldn't be for the same reasons. He still loved her, more then he thought he ever would. He dared to even think, he loved her more then he had loved Masan, she had remained a subtle memory in his thoughts but was slowly fading as Ali had taken over. He wanted her to reach out with her powers again, wanted her to break his walls, to let the feelings wash over him and her again. But, he still wanted to be alone, wanted to just fall into the abyss of what was his desire for her. Craving her touch, he regretted the words he had spoken.

[i]I'll stay away from you Ali.[/i] They echoed in his mind now, he had spoke to harshly and he was going to pay for it now. He wished there was a way he could tell her the truth, that he wanted to stay in her life, that he wanted to just be near her now. He couldn't tell her for everyone to hear, he knew his words would betray him and show his true intent, how he still wanted her for himself. The selfishness of that thought stung him more then he would of thought, he changed the thought then, he didn't just want her, he wanted her and the family they had. He wanted her as the wife she would of been, the one he had seen in the memory of another, the smiles always breaking his heart, he lived for that memory now. But, it all seemed like it wasn't enough, he would die for that memory now, die for someone who would never choose him like she did elsewhere. He sat on the ground and pressed his back to the wall, they needed to start thinking of ways out, of how to get the others back, but his thoughts kept drifting back to her. He smiled a private smile to himself.

[b]"I'll still die for her."[/b] He whispered quietly to himself, Pocket coming over and sitting beside him. He smirked as she rest her head on his shoulder, her eyes closing as Marcus remained wide open.[/size] Edited by Nergil Pendelton

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali sat down, leaning on Demetri as she took deep breaths trying to get her thoughts together.
"We have to get out of here and find the others...I have to find Dante..."
Demetri wrapped his arm around her as she tucked her knees to her chest and felt the tears roll down her cheeks.
"I told you Ali, he won't-"
"No, I told him that I would never let anything happen to him. I told him that I would protect him from anything that would hurt him."
Demetri looked down at her with a slight frown.
"When did you do that?"
"About a year ago...when he got back from the training mission with Steel."
Demetri's eyes truned wide.
"That was the training mission that he had the break down."
She nodded, her tears coming faster now when suddenly Jason stood up growling loudly, Luwien looking around as well.
"They're gonna break through soon."
Ali stood up and looked around, Marcus and Pocket standing as well as the few that were still left. Ali looked up at Demetri, his eyes met her's before going wide, frowning she tried to look around, but felt as if she were sinking.
"What's going-"
Her voice died in her throat as she felt the ground giving out beneath her.
"D-Demetri? Marcus? What's going on?"
Her vision began to turn black and gasped as she felt hands grab her ankles as she sank lower and lower into the floor, Marcus' runes flickering before dieing out.
"Help me!"
She winced as a staff smacked her knuckles breaking the skin, but she didn't mind, she had a salvation. Grabbing the staff she heard the low grunting and realized it was Mist and Luwien.
"Hold on Alex! We'll get you out of there!"
She nodded to Mist but felt panic rise in her chest as Demetri, Marcus, Pocket and Jason all grabbed the staff as well, their feet slipping on the concreate floor as she was pulled down into the darkness. Seeing that simple fact she shook her head and smiled up at them, her smile wicked and remorseful at the same time.
"Find us. Get us out of here or I'll swear to the gods I'll kick each and every one of you back to training."
Her eyes met Demetri's before they met Marcus', her smile turning sad for a flash of a moment before she vanished into the floor. She gasped as she landed on the basement floor, her ankle cracking under the pressure and buckleing under her weight; she grit her teeth to keep from screaming in pain and looked around with tears in her eyes.
"Mom?!"
She raised herself on her hands and knees and crawled towards the voice.
"Dante? Baby is that you?!"
She felt his large, warm hand wrap around her wrist, the room to dark to see anything, he pulled her close and she wrapped her arms around him as he burined his face in her shoulder and shook.
"Mom, what's going on?"
"I don't know sweetheart. Your father and Uncles will get us out of here. I know it."
She could feel him shivering, his large frame shaking with his fear.
"I knew I shouldn't have let you come on this mission...I knew your father was being to hasty."
"I-I'm fine mom..."
"No, your not. Your not fine, you never should have come here. Are any of the others here?"
"I-I don't know. It's so quiet, so dark..."
"It'll be alright honey. We'll get out of here."
She put her hand on his shoulder and tried to stand but yelped and dropped to her knees as her ankle gave out on her.
"Dammit!"
"Mom, are you alright?!"
"I'm fine. Don't worry about me."
She instantly began to reach out with her powers, she could see in her mind the small dots of light from the others, two in particular being very bright and she knew automatically that they were Demetri and Marcus. She reached out with her powers to the both of them and smiled as they seemed to reach them, all of the lights shifting here and there as she cried out to them silently. Keeping her powers stretched out towards them she put her hand on Tank's back trying to keep him calm, that was until she screamed, a black calw puncturing through the back of her right shoulder blade. Not bothering to bite the scream short she let go of Tank as the claw pulled her away from her son.
"Mom!"
She was pulled through yet another black puddle and landed in another room, dim lights glowing here and there as she looked around gasping as she caught sight of a tall man. His skin was black as night, but his hair was whiter than snow, his eyes void of all emotion and the only thing she could feel was revenge. He bent down to look at her, his yellow pointed teeth gleaming in the dim light.
"So, you are the one he craves? I can see why."
She shivered, his voice was deep, gravely and no louder than a whisper.
"W-what do you want?"
"I have eleminated 4 of the 12 that subdued me, and now I have caught yet another with the very weakness he tried to cut him self away from, but let us see if he can find you before I kill you."
She shuddered and bit back a scream as his claw like nail slipped down her arm, leaving a gash in it's wake, he smiled a wicked, emotionless smile down at her and than shaped his hand into a claw and drove it into her leg, this time she did scream, tears erupting in her eyes and her scream echoing through out the small, dark room. [/color][/font]

"We are unprepared and playing into this person's trap." Luwein said wiggling his hand free from Mist and stopped running.

"What are you doing!?"

"Shhh," Luwein stood perfectly still then jumped up as the ground beneath him twisted into a murky shadow, he thrust his staff down connecting with the would be abductor. "Not this time" the beast roared and emerged fully from the shadow, Luwein kicked off the ceiling lunching himself downwards as the Nightwalker jumped up to meet him in the air, the moment his outstretched palm connected with the nightwalkers face he speed time up at an alarming rate aging the monster until it turned to dust.

"That was too much..." Mist said concern as Luwein wiped blood from his face.

"I'm fine, but here's our opening" Luwein said sticking his staff in the closing hole, he channeled his time halting wave through the pole.

"Teleport us through this" Luwein said breathing heavy

[size=2][b]"Marcus we have to find her!"[/b] Demetri shouted at him, Marcus see the panic starting to rise up in him. The mans wife and son were now missing, partially thanks to Marcus and 11 other people who had failed to kill this man. Marcus took howl of Demetri and shook him.

[b]"I need you to remain calm Demetri, trust me, I want to get them both back but we need to remain as calm as possible."[/b] Marcus was barely keeping his own feelings in check, he was on verge as well, maintaining his composure purely for their sakes. They suddenly felt her pull, both Demetri and Marcus perked up at the same time when they felt the pull from somewhere below, they both recognized the pull and prepared to head out that way. Flares burning brightly as new ones were ignited, no one was sure how many more Pocket had hidden in her head. Marcus turning to her as clenched his hands into fists.

[b]"Calypso, this is going to be dangerous, I need to ask you for your help in jumping closer to where we feel Ali is."[/b] Pocket didn't hesitate as she moved up to Marcus side and held on to his arm.

[b]"I'm ready whenever you are Marcus." [/b]He kept his gaze on her.

[b]"You have to be very careful Calypso, the shadow realm's are dangerous now that he is around."[/b] Demetri stepped up to them as his face showed his hard determination.

[b]"I'm going with you both."[/b] Marcus nodded.

[b]"I wouldn't expect anything less Commandant." [/b]Pocket readied herself, prepared to go on Marcus mark, they heard an inhuman screech coming from the room they were just in. Demetri rushed off to see what the commotion was about, Pocket about to run after him when Marcus snatched her arm. His gaze cold as he held on to her.

[b]"They found another way, we need to go now. Ready Calypso?"[/b] Pocket nodded her head, Marcus could see the brave look in her eyes as she readied herself. Holding on to her, he let some of his power go, less then before as she took hold of all that she needed and the tear opened. They hesitated for a few moments, Marcus holding on to Pocket before they stepped through the tear. Feeling hands try to put at them, claws trying to tear into their flesh they moved quickly through the tear, Marcus runes flaring to life to give the light the needed before coming out the other end of the portal Pocket had created. The claws had racked across his skin, leaving marks where they had try to tear at him, Pocket showed similar marks, some of her clothing torn. A scream pierced the space around them, a clearly human scream, the room was dimly lit by the light from Marcus runes, a huddled form was in the corner, the being massive in size as they approached him. Tank looked at them, his face streaked with tears as Pocket raced to him and tried to calm him down.

[b]"Tank, what happened to Ali?"[/b] He shook his head as he calmed a bit more.

[b]"I don't know, the darkness too her again. Pulled her from my arms again, please Uncle Marcus, find my mom."[/b] Marcus felt his pleas, it tore at his heart to see Tank so subdued in this place, broken by an enemy Marcus hardly remembered, the faces of the other 9 people still blurry, Diamond and Razor clear in his thoughts as he remember their broken bodies. He remembered them being their now, the runes light growing as he looked a found a doorway, charging he smashed through the wooden door, chunks flying everywhere as he looked around, only to see dark forms. He charged into the fray, lashing out with his fists and feet, hitting anything he could as he roared with the adrenaline flowing through him, the magic riding with it. The forms screeching as he felt the pull again, much closer now and he felt the pain and suffering from the person broadcasting. He rushed off in that direction, his vision fading to red slowly as he made his way through, tearing through shadows before crashing through another door. The metal of this one pulling away like tissue paper, he looked around the dark room to see those evil eyes staring at him, his yellow teeth showing his merciless grin.

[b]"Ah, Marcus Demos, it's so good to see you! I had hoped she would bring you here."[/b] Marcus heard hardly anything from the dark being as his eyes slid to where Ali lay, her breathing ragged as she tried to compress several different wounds, one arm not functioning to held stem the bleeding. His rage filled eyes focused his murderous intent on Anomander.

[b]"I hardly remember you, I remember the fight, I remember you falling. You should be dead."[/b] Marcus said through gritted teeth, his rage becoming out of control with the glow of his runes, the movement of them becoming clear as the light moved around him too. A cruel laugh left his throat, the coldness of it seemed, planned.

[b]"My, my, Demos, you sure are confident in your abilities. That's quite a light show, could you turn it down a bit, it seems dramatic and you look like a giant bug zapper. ZAP!"[/b] He said before letting out another laugh, the light intensified to a bright white, Anomander having to use one of his clawed hands to shield his eyes.

[b]"You will die this time, I'll make sure of it."[/b] Marcus felt, rather then heard the presence of the others, the tension palpable as they all readied their assault, none were walking away without their team mates in hand.[/size] Edited by Nergil Pendelton

Demitri could hear more yelling coming from down the hall, though not wanting to leave his team mates go venture into the shadow realm alone, he knew Marcus could protect Pocket without any aid. The giant raced until he turned a corner, a small gust of wind blew in the giants face with dust coming into his eyes, stopping for a moment, the commandant rubbed his face to clear his vision. Opening his eyes, the soldier could see Luwein on the ceiling, using his powers to keep the black puddle portal open as long as he could, Mist looked up to see the commandant stare questionably at the pair. Demitri slowly made his way to his allies as he stepped towards Mists side, Luwein expertly landed on his feet, keeping his hand extended too the black puddle portal.

"Come with us sir, we have a way to get through to the other side of this puddle" Mist began to charge his powers, the door at the end of the hall flew open suddenly, more nightwalkers rushed through and caught the trip in their gaze, Luwein was brought to Demitri's side by the commandants muscular arm that brought him closer to the pair.

"Do it now!" Demitri shouted, before the nightwalkers came within striking distance, Mist had already begun the transport method of his training, enshrouding all the members in a clear, smoke like fog as it slowly seeped down into the black puddle. The feeling was sickening, going through such darkness and despair, it was not something that normally happened when traveling with Mist, but this was a special occasion. Though the boy was now in a vapor form and going through the black portal, he was still enable to use his powers to keep their passage open safely, the clear smog finally made it to the otherside, the portal closing quickly as they fell from the ceiling one by one. Everyone landed on their feet roughly, but safely as they peered around the new room they were in. Darkness betrayed their eyesight, nothing was visible as all the members extended their hands, feeling around for the closest solid object. Demitri walked forward a little until his hands reached the stone wall, Luwein and Mist were able to find steady ground as well, there was some shuffling in the room that caught the trios attention.

"We're not alone" Luwein stated, Demitri chargef a wind blast in his hand quickly, only to feel a familiar grasp hold onto his forearm, the giant could make out by the low breathing who it was.

"Jeff!? Is that you" Jeff grunted in acknowledgement, Demitri brought the man in for a brief hug before placing his large hands on his team mates shoulders. "Stick with us, when we find the others, we're getting out of this palce..." More noises could be heard, the room slowly filled with nightwalkers left and right, Demitri thought quickly as he shot several wind blasts randomly until he heard the first groans from the creature of darkness. "THERE!!!" Jeff turned towards the direction of the moan, using his powers to grasp hold of the creature, he pushed it back towards the wall. Another after another came into the room, Mist fending them off with his own hand to hand skills, keeping close to his nephew, who in turn, defended the two his best with his staff.

"We're sitting ducks in here without any light!" Mist gasped, rolling on the ground as he held onto his nephew to avoid a claw attack coming their way, the creature scrapped its claw on the wall, leaving a deep gash on the concrete before it looked around. Demitri finally realized what they needed, concentrating his powers, the man closed his eyes for a moment. Feeling new life course through his veins, the giant opened his eyes as they shinned white, with sparks flying from his eyes as well. The giant extended his palm facing up, as small sparks and flashed lit the room until it became a single ball of light, formed by his wind powers. The monsters shreeked in pain as the light flashed over and over, revealing them in the light, they backed away slowly to escape, only to press their massive bodies against the wall. Luwein used his abilities to age them fast, leaving them as dust as the one before, Jeff slammed some of the nightwalkers on the ceiling and back down onto the ground over and over until they stopped moving. Demitri joined in the fight, launching his electric wind ball at a couple of the targets, exploding with a large flash of light as the nightwalkers bodies vanished in thin air from impact. There was only a momentary darkness before the commandant charged another after another, until no more dared to enter the room, Jeff saw the door that lead to their exit path, all four men took hint and dashed out and to the hallway, hearing some growls and slashes coming from down the hall. Once they were close enough, Demitri fired more of his attacks down the hall to air and get a better view of what was happening. Once the balls of lightning exploded on its targets, the group could see Jason fending off the creatures with Sasa unconscious on his back. They all regrouped, Demitri charging another source of light, keeping the monsters at bay.

"I found her when I sniffed her out, but she's pretty roughed up" Jason growled in anger, Jeff could see the bruises and cuts on her body, she put up a fight before she was taken earlier on the upper levels. Demitri cursed under his breath, his team was hurt and exhausted, no wonder Fox Squad was taken down so easily, now his wife and son were missing and probably in the same condition as Sasa was in, at that moment, Demitri's heart stopped beating. He could feel wave upon wave of pain and torment in his very soul, he knew it was a sign that his beloved was injured, or hurting....or worse. The giant looked around frantically before seeing a path that made his heart beat rapidly.

"Come on, down this way, there isn't much time!" The giant sprinted down the hall with his team members following close behind, Demitri felt like he was running a marathon, but only this time, there was a time limit. After a couple of twists and turns, along with a few flight of descending stair cases, the group finally got to a level where the feeling was stronger now, there was a room at the end of the hall that shinned light brightly under the doors opening crack.

"What is that??" Mist questioned.

"Great power coming from a single being, but there is also another in there with something else...something darker" Luwein spoke, that was enough for Demitri as he ran down the hall, once close enough, the commandant launched the lightning ball as hard as he could until it connected with the door. In a loud band, the door flew open, revealing the light show to be Marcus, facing off against a tall, dark shaded man with snow white hair. The sudden intrusion didn't seem to bother the dark man as he saw past the rising dust as the group game in, Demitri saw Marcus charge his powers, his own personal light show was enough for the commandant to see Ali curled against the wall, her blood soaked her uniform as she gasped and coughed for air. Jason handed sasa over to Mist, who merely kept his eyes on the dark man, feeling his gaze look over the transporter as his smile grew wider as the seconds past. Not even paying attention to the wold man as he rushed past everyone and lifted Ali into his arms, she cried at the pain she felt, Demitri's heart raced, his eyes still white but now electricity sparked all over his body in rage. Conjuring up another electric wind ball, Demitri added to the light in the room, making out his enemy clearly as the man looked over at Demitri. He had a shocked expression for a moment as he looked over the commandant from head to toe.

"Could this be....the spawn of the healer?? HAHAHA!!! My my, two down and I have a clue where to find the healer who sealed me away as well. After getting rid of the first two, this is becoming more easier by the second" Demitri was confused with the mans words, but Marcus was not effected, the man was in deep thinking and still raged over the pain Ali had to suffer by the hands of his mad man. Suddenly, the wall behind the dark man collapsed down as Tank appeared, but in his human form, the boy had gotten stronger, even without the aid of his steel powers. The child was still shaken, but Pocket held him up from underneath his shoulder, the two made their way towards Jason as he held Ali. Tears clouded tank's eyes as he placed his hand on his mother, she screamed in pain as more blood flowed out from her wounds.

"This ends now" Demitri made a solid stance as Marcus mentally agreed, charging more of his rune powers.

"Oh yes...yes it does" The dark skinned man laughed as he stood his ground as well.

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali winced as Jason shifted her, she elbowed him making him grunt.
"Stop moving me dog brain."
She looked past his arm to watch her husband and ex lover face off agains the man, he scared her, his thoughts were dark and worse Ali could see his intentions of not letting them live through this fight.
"Jason, you have to help them, something is seriously off about this man."
"Other than the fact he looks like an uru-kai from Lord of the Rings?"
"I'm serious Jason!"
He nodded, setting her down gently, but she still yelped as her broken ankel shifted, closing her eyes in pain; the noise seemed to spur Demetri and Marcus' anger. She reached out with her powers, trying to calm them, trying to keep the rage from hazing their vision, trying to keep their minds free of the rage clouding their judgment but her influance seemed to have little to no succsess. She winced more as suddenly the three powers clashed, sending a shockwave through the room, Ali being thrown back and slamming against the wall. She screamed as her already bruised back radiating with pain. It was than that she felt the rush of wind, heard the sparks of lightning; looking up she could see the small cyclone begin to surround Demetri.
"No! Stop Demetri! You'll kill us all!"
Her husband didn't seem to hear her as her screams of pain spurring on his anger, she closed her eyes as the wind began to pick up and tried to reach him with her powers, nothing reached the giant, or Marcus. Ali tried harder, her powers reaching their limits as she pushed against thier rage barriers, blood begining to seep from her nose as she stessed her self harder and harder. She pulled her powers back, the feeling of it snapping back like a stretched rubber band and she flinched at the whiplash. Looking up she saw Tank watching his father, trying to find a way to settle the giant man but nothing coming to his mind.
"Mom, what do we do?"
"I-I don't know!"
The room suddenly went silent, a swirl of black filling the room, Ali gasped as she recgonized the sight of it, 3 large forms coming from the mist along with another that she knew instantly.
"Cloak?!"
The forms begining to take shape, Commander Pheniox, Cloak, Shield and Steel all standin around the room, Sheild instantly putting a barrier around Demetri and Marcus.
"Cloak, get them out now!"
Cloak nodded silently and surrounded the Alpha Team with his cloak, taking them almost instantly back to the base, Demetri and Marcus blinking as the rage vanished from their minds, both looking at each other and than back at Ali as she finally collapsed to the floor, breathing heavily, her blood seeping from her skin to pool on the floor. Both men were at her side quickly, Marcus giving way as Demetri lifted her off the floor, Ali yelping as the movement jarred her injuries. Demetri hurriedly carried her to the med ward, Marcus carrieing Sasa not far behind as the rest of the team shuffled behind them. Patche looked up as he finished getting a bed ready, almost as if expecting them.
"I thought you guys would show up here. Steel said they were going for you. I think Shield found something out about the enemy."
Demetri nodded as he lay Ali down on the bed, her blood almost instantly soaking the white sheets, Patch's eyes turned wide as he saw the extent of her injuries.
"Holy gods. Broken ankle, fractured wrist, lacerations all over her body, and a clean hole through her shoulder...it's a miracle she's even still breathing! Marcus, Touch can get Sasa, she's not in that much danger but I need you and Demetri to hold down Ali, she has something inbedded in her shoulder."
The men nodded and held the woman as Patch grabbed a small pair of clamps and dug into her shoulder, she screamed and threw her upper body forward, shocking both men with her strength as she jarred the both of them. Demetri grunted and held her down more firmly, taking over for Marcus' side as well.
"Get her legs, if she kicks Patch he'll be down for the count. Trust me on this, she's kicked me plenty of time during sparring, her punches are nothing compared to her kicks."
Marcus nodded before moving to the foot of the bed and grabbing hold of her shins to hold her still, he grunted as she pulled her right leg forward, his feet sliding on the floor as she pulled him forward with the motion.
"You weren't kidding!"
Demetri nodded and smirked as Marcus was lifted slightly off the floor as she brought her leg off the table, Demetri put his forehead against Ali's.
"Love, you have to stop, Patch is trying to help you."
Ali thrashed as Patch tried he best to retrieve the small shard of the Nightwalkers claw from her flesh, after several pain staking minutes he fianlly pulled the shard from her shoulder, the sound of tearing flesh, and the smell of blood making the three men wince slightly as she settled down slightly, her breathing evening out but Patch frowned as he looked at the wound.
"I don't like the looks of that..."
Demetri and Marcus looked at the wound on her shoulder, seeing small vines of black spreading from it, Patch held his hand over the wound and pulled back at black sparks flashed from her skin, Demetri looked up at him.
"What's going on?"
Patch shook his head.
"I don't know. She'll have to stay here for the night so I can keep an eye on her. Something isn't right with this wound."
Demetri looked at his wife, his face contorted in pain, he looked over his shoulder as the med ward door opened and Sheild walked in.
"Demetri, I need to see you in my office. Now."
The giant nodded and squeezed Ali's hand before leaving and following his father, Ali's forehead breaking out in a sweat as she began to have an internal battle within her own mind.

Ali looked around, the area familiar and she cursed.
"What the hell am I doing back here again?"
The shadowrealm shifted with her emotions and she crossed her arms looking to her right as Shadowthrone appeared.
"Came back for more did you?"
She flipped him off quickly.
"Why am I back here?"
"I have no earthly clue my dear, why are you here? Are you really even here?"
She frowned and sat down heavily.
"What's going on?"
Shadowthrone shook his head and tapped his cane on the floor of the realm a few times as he seemed to be thinking.
"Oh! You must be dead! Welcome to the club! Now us old me won't be so lonely!"
Ali frowned more as she growled at the old man.
"I'm serious, what am I doing here?"
"Your son and Marcus have left an impression on you my dear, it seems that whenever your mind is in danger, it retreats here, where it's safe."
She threw her hands up and huffed.
"Just great! How the hell am I getting out this time?!"
Shadowthrone shrugged.
"You can't your stuck with us. I'm sure we can find someway of passin the time?"
"Forget it perv!"
She closed her eyes as she relaxed, waiting for something to allow her to get out and go back to her real life.[/color][/font]

Thankfully, Pocket's wounds had been minor. Thanks to Marcus during their travel, she had only been slashed at as far as she knew. She refused any major medical treatment since she was more worried about Ali and Sasa. She had to see both of them. Pocket decided to check on Ali first. She watched as Marcus and Demetri held her down, unable to do anything but watch since the two men already took up a lot of space around Ali. As Demetri was called out of the room, Pocket knew that Ali was in good hands with Patch and Marcus. She was worried about what Patch had said though.

[i]"I don't know. She'll have to stay here for the night so I can keep an eye on her. Something isn't right with this wound."[/i]

She would have to check on Ali later if Patch would let her, to see how the wound was doing. For now, Pocket had to see Sasa. Jeff was in there already, sitting by her bedside. He didn't say much, like usual, but this time the situation called for quiet. The look on his face though told Pocket what she needed to know. Sasa was hurt and probably exhausted but she was going to be okay. Pocket joined Jeff by Sasa's bedside and held her hand as she slept on the hospital style bed.

Pocket was prepared to stay there for as long as she could, besides a debriefing on their last mission, nothing could move her from her spot. However, she was wrong. Pocket felt a desire to get up and to visit Traumerei. She fought it at first, wanting to stay with Sasa, but then the desire came back stronger. Finally, she excused herself.

[b]"Look after her Jeff. I need to go. I'll be back soon."[/b]

Jeff just nodded as Pocket left the room. She walked down the halls, wondering why she suddenly felt like going to Traumerei. Soon, the desire turned into a feeling of hope. She suddenly had the feeling that she could find her sister if she would just open up the gate to Traumerei. It almost seemed like her sister herself was speaking to her, telling her to come find her.

[color="#4B0082"][i][b]"Come to Traumerei. I'm here waiting for you."[/b][/i][/color]

Pocket opened the door to her quarters, not bothering to shut it. She was eager to go look for her sister. She quickly opened the gateway to the dimension and was horrified to see the same black shadows waiting for her that were in Traumerei when she and Marcus had traveled through it. Pocket tried to quickly close the gateway, but it was no use. The shadows were keeping it open. She summoned a weapon from Traumerei, one of the weapons from her dreams but the shadows were on the blade when she summoned it so she threw it at them. Pocket did the only thing she could do at the moment. She had to run and find Marcus.
Pocket ran as the shadows reached out at her, closing the door to her quarters behind her and quickly using an emergency code for a lockdown. She knew that wouldn't hold them for long but it was better than nothing. She ran to go find Marcus. He was the only one who could help her now. She didn't know how the shadows had stayed there. If she had brought them along with her on their return trip or if some greater force was at the base. Either way, she needed to let someone know what was going on. She finally made it to Ali's bed.

[b]"Marcus, I need your help."[/b] Pocket said, out of breath from fear.

[b]OOC: Okay, I hope this doesn't interrupt anything. Also, this could be a big problem or just one or two shadows. It's up to everyone else.
Marcus should be able to go find Ali and free her and deal with the shadows all at once though, if we connect the two problems together.[/b]

[size=2]Marcus had stayed with Ali a little bit longer, Demetri sitting at her side as he held her hand, sweat beading on her forehead and her body shaking lightly from some sort of chill that they couldn't explain. Marcus had never seen this sort of infection from Nightwalkers before, then again, Nightwalkers usually just ripped their victims apart. He would need to go over some other reports to see if anyone had ever experienced this before, but he got the feeling this was unique to their case. Before leaving the med ward he gave Demetri a pat on the shoulder, having done his best to motor up the barrier of his feelings he spoke as coldly as he could manage.

[b]"I'm going to go see if I can find any information on her wounds, see if you can find some reports on her infection, after you're ready to leave."[/b] Demetri nodded to him without looking, still holding her hand gently. He looked down at her, his own barrier hardly able to contain his small emotions, it took sheer will alone for him not to reach down and give her one kiss, praying she would get better he turned away and was about to leave when he saw Pocket running to him, he remained still as she finally got to him her breathing heavy as she was almost doubled over, speaking when she had enough air to talk.

[b]"Marcus, I need your help."[/b] He could see she was trembling lightly, he could also see something in her eyes that tipped off a warning in his mind.

[b]"Whats going on Calypso? Why are you so shaken?"[/b] She managed to stand up straight before speaking.

[b]"The shadows, from the base, they are in my world!"[/b] Marcus felt the ramifications of those words as she spoke them, Anomander having figured out how to break into someone else world, the mere thought made him want to scream. He capped his emotions, knowing they were running wild right now, he needed to remain calm if they were going to get out of this situation. He placed a calming hand on Pocket, hoping that it would be enough for her.

[b]"We need to find Neos first, he's not safe in his room if those shadows are here."[/b] Pocket nodded as they both took off together now, racing through the hall as time became their enemy. They finally skidded to halt outside of the quarters for Demetri and Ali's family, they rushed through the door, Marcus looking around to make sure nothing had gotten here yet.

[b]"Pocket, go grab Lily too, we need to make sure she is safe too."[/b] Pocket took off then, a weapon in hand as she moved to Lily's room, Marcus moving to Neos. He pushed through the door quietly, seeing the sleeping form still tucked tightly into bed as he had left him, he saw the flash of mirrors here and there and felt panic rise up into him. That was until he caught a glint of the mirrors that pulled his attention for a few moments, he approached the mirror closest to Neos, gently gliding his fingers across the surface he felt every scratch and etching from when he had done this years ago. He felt his heart take a leap, suppressing the feeling he set the mirror down and gently scooped Neos up in his arms, making sure to grab his toy Sly as well. This room as protected, but not enough for Marcus to feel secure about his sons safety, he left the room quickly, Pocket standing in the room with Lily in hand, rubbing at her eyes as she showed her grumpy teenager side. Marcus smiled briefly at her, before speaking quietly to her.

[b]"Hey Lily, we need to move you out of her for a little bit, you're gonna have a sleep over in my room ok?"[/b] She gave him a look that showed her annoyance.

[b]"Don't patronize me Uncle Marcus, I just want to go back to sleep."[/b] He chuckled lightly as he nodded her, they left eh quarters quickly, Marcus feeling a shadowy grip trying to get a hold of him, and by extension, the little boy in his arms. He did his best to keep Neos asleep, it took time but they made it to his room, walking through the door, Marcus felt the grip fall away from him, his room having been heavily warded from almost anything years ago. He set Neos down on the bed, Lily crawled in after him without any question. With Pockets help they tucked them back in, they elf this room shortly after, locking the door behind them. He let out a sigh of relief, rubbing his face before looking to Calypso.

[b]"Lets go Pocket, I want them out of here."[/b] He saw the determination in Pockets face, he could see how she had changed, and in his opinion it was for the best. She was a much tougher woman then who he had met that first time, her looks had changed as well as she had matured more, not only in mind but in body. He was pretty sure he had seen Jeff sneak a peek at her every so often, the though slipped away as he found they were running, getting to Pockets quarters they stood a the door. Marcus letting the power start to slip through his veins, the runes glowing ever so gently as he prepared for what waited on the other side. Pocket punched in the code, the door sliding open slowly, the door was barely half way open the black mass lashed out, almost like a tentacle as it rushed past, clipping Marcus shoulder, the runes flaring to life in that area and a screech could be heard from the other side. His shoulder ached and burned from where the mass had hit him, the runes not being enough to protect him, he was going to have to come to peace with that now, not sure if he was going to survive this one. He let his mind slip to Ali then, thinking about how he didn't get to say goodbye, a sad grin on his face as he realized that sad truth that you don't get to say the things you always meant to say to people you cared about. Marcus drew his swords, the runes reacting to his touch, and idea suddenly occurring to him. The runes began to shift on his body now, the light growing as he concentrated energy into his blades, the edges taking on an opaque look, glowing lightly.

[b]"Guess I can live through this."[/b] The door was fully open now, the shadows and darkness having spread through out Pockets entire room now, he spoke as his eyes remained lock on the bubbling darkness.

[b]"You ready for this Pocket?"[/b] She nodded, his grip tightening on his blades.

[b]"If things start to go south, don't be a hero Calypso, just run ok?"[/b] He looked at her now, seeing the dismay on her face as her words registered. He gave her one final smile, the wild and lost look in his eyes causing her to catch her breath before he suddenly charged in, leaping into dark mass, his own generated light giving him enough of barrier for Pocket to follow. Working their way deeper into the mass until they came across the portal, claws reaching out for fresh blood, their desire made clear as their claws we're raking out to grasp anything. Marcus blocked out the warning in his head, cutting off all of his needs so that he could keep moving forward, he was exerting his power now, already fatigued and worn out from the fight with Anomander and his Nightwalkers. It was taking a toll on him, most of his strength went to protecting Pocket enough so she wouldn't get ripped limb from limb, the shadows lessened as they moved through, breaking through the wall of claws and murderous intent they burst through the darkness into the lush world of Traumerei. Pocket had made it out safely as they both stood, their breathing heavy as the shadow wall dissipated and seemed to scatter into the world itself, the shapes taking bodily form here and there, Marcus had fallen to one knee, stabbing his swords into the ground he tried to catch his breath and regain some amount of strength as he knelled. Pocket coming to his side as he placed a hand on his shoulder.

[b]"Marcus, are you ok? Can you stand?" [/b]He nodded breathlessly, finding he had just enough to stand up right, staggering slightly before planting his feet firmly. He noticed then that Pockets world was tainted. He could see it now, her lush multicolored world was being breached by a world of moving shadow, he could still make out features of places and buildings through the shadows, but the answer was obvious now to him.

[b]"Calypso, our worlds are colliding into each other."[/b] Pocket stared at him, unsure of what he was talking about. He reached down and gripped his blades again.

[b]"You see the swirling shadow there? That's my shadow realm, my world is touching yours. That's how the shadows are breaking through."

"I don't understand Marcus."

"My world is a place of shadows and darkness, you can still see everything clearly as if there is a light source, but their is no sun, everything is transparent. Your world is more solid, more lush, the collision of our two worlds has created a breech, anything with a mind to can come between your world and mine now."[/b] Pocket listened intently, Marcus doing his best to remain on his feet, he was feeling light headed and his hands we're barely holding on to his weapons. He could see the shadows forming up around them, he felt then that this was probably the end for him, he didn't have much left,the shadows would kill him here. He would do everything he could to protect Pocket, give her a chance to escape, if not further into her world, or into his own if necessary. He stood ready now, regret still scratching at his heart, nothing he could do about it now as he prepared to do what he could for his friend. The shadows becoming Nightwalkers all over again, their size towering over him and Pocket, their white eyes showing nothing of their thoughts. He felt his heart beat slow and then ache for her touch one last time, what he wouldn't do for one last kiss before he went. A black smoke appearing suddenly, another figure about Marcus' size appearing in his hooded visage, a length of rope in his hand, a noose in his hand as he lashed out instantly, the rope cutting through the shadow creatures as they turned on him. The hooded figure moving with speed and grave that mimicked Marcus at his full strength, the creatures trying to tear him apart only to find smoke in their hands before he tore into them again. The fight over as quickly as it began, the figure standing calmly before turning to the two, Marcus smiling as he sheathed his swords, walking over and embracing the figure, Cotillion doing the same.

[b]"You have no idea how glad I am to see you."

"Well, I couldn't let my only child die in this place now could I?"[/b] Marcus smiled as he pulled away from him, turning to see Pockets confused face, a strange weapon in her hand as she was ready for the fight. Marcus did his best to contain his smile.

[b]"Pocket, it's ok. This is my father, Cotillion Demos." [/b]She looked at him curiously, seeing only his gaunt like face and his dark brown eyes. She tried to see the resemblance, Marcus speaking up quickly.

[b]"He passed away over a decade ago, his appearance has changed, but trust me, he is my father."[/b] Pocket was at a loss for words, it was a lot to take in in a short amount of time. Marcus grabbed her arm as they started moving.

[b]"We need to see what else we can find out, see why our worlds collided."[/b] Cotillion was with them, walking through a foreign world, a small smile on his face as he saw his son taking charge.[/size]

OOC: Dive right on in Lilt, it'll be fun to explore Pockets world again. Edited by Nergil Pendelton

[b]"We need to see what else we can find out, see why our worlds collided."[/b]

Calypso nodded and followed Marcus. Her weapons now freed from the shadows, but somehow they still had a hold of her world. With Marcus around, she could handle anything though. She didn't say it out loud, but he was like a beacon one time. If she said it out loud though, he would think she was teasing him. But he really was, like a shining beacon pointing the way to hope or safety.

Calypso shook off her distractions and looked around for any sort of clue to why this had all happened. Then, she felt it. Calypso stopped and fell on her knees. A shocked expression coming over her face.

[b]"What's wrong, Calypso?"[/b] Marcus asked, looking back at her.

[b]"My...Sister. She's here. She's actually in Traumerei."[/b] Calypso said in disbelief.

She got back up quickly and looked around, trying to find out where this feeling of presence was coming from. Soon, she spotted it. Near the portal to Marcus' shadow world.

[b]"Marcus, look!"[/b] She said, pointing near the portal.

There was nothing there at all, just the usual scenery and the entrance to Marcus' shadow world. Calypso hoped he could see it too.

[b]"I had to blink at first to see it, but you can see it completely, right?"[/b] Calypso asked, hopefully.

[b]"Yes, I see it. It's a tower covered in shadow, but it's like the one that I fought in to rescue you. Only shorter."[/b] Marcus said, nodding.

With his description of the tower, the illusion was broken and Calypso was able to see it as well as Marcus could. She turned to Marcus' father.

[b]"I'm sorry, Cotillion. But I need all of the help I can get."[/b]

Cotillion just smiled. [b]"I understand, girl. My son will aid you, as long as you don't mind me coming along as well."[/b]

Calypso nodded and headed off for the tower, Marcus and Cotillion behind her. She was glad to have such great allies and friends. She was curious about Marcus and his father, but she would have to save those questions for later. Right now, her sister needed her.

Calypso pulled her blade out of a Nightwalker as Marcus pushed the other back with his magic. They had taken care of all of the guards at the door and up the stairs. Now they had finally reached the top of the tower. Floating in the middle of the tower, was Calypso's sister. She was in some sort of magical orb with more Nightwalkers all around her.

"Sister!" Calypso yelled.

However, this did nothing to get her sister's attention. She seemed to be under a heavy sleep. The Nightwalker's empty eyes turned to Calypso and Marcus as Calypso shivered. She fought the fear though and looked over at Marcus to see if he was ready. She had no need to check though, for Marcus was already readying a spell. Calyspo released her blade, bringing back a shorter one so she could hold two at the same time. It was risky, but she wanted to fight quickly and get in close. Letting out a yell, not holding back her tears either, she charged towards the Nightwalkers who were guarding her sister.

Calypso slashed at the first Nightwalker who came towards her, surprise and speed on her side as she slashed it down. However, another tried to attack her from behind but Marcus saved her with one of his prepared spells, his runes glowing brightly. She would have to thank him later, when all of the Nightwalkers were dead. Calypso charged at the next one, ready for a long battle.

Thanks to Marcus, they had both survived the fight with the Nightwalkers. If it wasn't for him, she would have been dead by now. They had used her sister to lure her here alone. She wasn't sure why. All she did know, from what Marcus and Cotillion told her, her sister was being used to keep the portal between the two worlds open. Calypso reached through the orb and hugged her sister, but she was still asleep. Probably because of the spell of the orb that still held her. Marcus prepared to dispel the orb, but Calypso stopped him.

[b]"Marcus, wait!"[/b] She yelled.

He looked confused, so she quickly explained.

[b]"This is only part of my sister."[/b] She said, holding up her sister's transparent hand.[b]
"Also, if we remove her right now, then the portal will disappear. I have a bad feeling though, that that's your only chance to get into your shadow world. If it is, I don't want to rob you of it. Please, just leave a delayed rune here or something that will get rid of the orb and go into the portal. I'll stay here with my sister. She's safe now, but I want to see her when she wakes up. Maybe I can find out where the rest of her is."[/b]

Marcus seemed hesitant, but Calypso was insistent. Tears streaming her cheeks as she hugged her sister tight.
[b]"Marcus, please."[/b]

[size=2]Marcus wasn't very sure about leaving her here, Pocket was vulnerable, he had his own difficulties get through this without collapsing from his exhaustion The fire and determination in her eyes had been enough to keep him going, his fathers presence also given him the strength to keep going, he was prepared to stay behind to help Calypso when he felt a hand on his shoulder, seeing Cotillion as the one touching him.

[b]"Place the rune Marcus, I'll stay and keep her safe until we can close the breech. Don't worry, just go."[/b] Marcus nodded, sheathing his blades he placed his hands on the barrier around Calypso's sister. Letting what little power he had left to encase her mind, keeping her part of this world and rooting her into this tower, she would be safe as long as no one removed her from her sleep. He pulled away, his thoughts muddled as he focused on standing, he looked to Pocket now.

[b]"She'll be safe for now, I'll help you with as much as I can."[/b] Pocket nodded as she stayed close to her sister, Marcus was walking away when he heard Calypso speak.

[b]"You bring up so many questions Marcus, but I just wanted to say, thank you."[/b] Marcus stopped for a few seconds, silent before he resumed his journey down the tower and out into the open. Moving as fast as his body would allow he headed into the swirling shadow of what was his mind. He plunged into it, his body racked with sore muscles and pain still radiating through his body from every fight. His hands and arms felt heavy, his body was drenched in sweat, his muscle twitched with the exertion, he felt the fatigue settling in, building up the lactic acid building up in his muscles making it harder to move. He ignored it as best he could, he was sure his world had been the original source of the breech, the setting and the design over the world itself fit Anomander perfectly, Pocket would have just been the way to get to who he was after. His mind still was troubled by that, remembering very little about the actual sealing of Anomander. With their deaths, he recalled Diamond and Razor being there, and Anomander's face when Demetri had arrived burned into his mind now, he was going to need someone to search his mind for the answers. The shadows enclosed around him, the colorless ground meeting his sandal feet, the impact jarring his body in painful ways, but he couldn't stop, he didn't have that luxury if that monster was free.

The shadow creatures were evident here, their numbers greater as they started to pursue, he couldn't fight them all. He probably couldn't fight even one of them right now, he kept running, leaving runes in his wake that would flare to life to deter them, the blinding light enough to keep them from him. Every rune he placed made him slow his pace just a little bit more as he used more energy more and more to keep them at bay, they finally all seemed to dissipate suddenly. Marcus relieved and unnerved at the same time, they gave up to easily even when they knew he was weak, that he was ready to fall over. He felt a reassuring wave hit him, the presence of his grandfather helping him to understand that anyone who crossed this threshold was safe in the power. Marcus sighed in relief as he kept trudging forward, a figure appearing beside him now, the old man barely visible to Marcus eyes.

[b]"Stretching yourself a little thin aren't you?"[/b] Ammanas giggled as he simply floated with Marcus now.

[b]"Look a little worn out my boy, you need to cut back on the snacks."[/b] Marcus barely heard his words, the sound muffled by his inability to keep going.

[b]"Why are you following me old man, I need to find Anomander."[/b] Shadowthrones face went had then, his playful expression gone.

[b]"He's no here, I would of known if he was here."[/b] Marcus stopped walking now, remaining stand as best he could he kept talking.

[b]"He brought two worlds together, he was trying to get at people in HDF. I can't remember who the other people are grandpa, I don't know who to protect."[/b] Shadowthrone attempted to lay a hand on him, stopping before he touched him as he realized he wouldn't be able to proved any physical comfort in his current form. Pulling away he settled his hands on the cane, a smile on his face again.

[b]"I don't have an answer for you Marcus, but their is someone else here who needs some guidance."[/b] Marcus didn't understand what he was talking about, the only other person he could imagine would be here was Neos, and he was sleeping right now. The black smoke appearing around Marcus and pulling away to where someone now rested, he tried to see who ti was through his blurry eyes, only able to tell when the person saw him and the rune came to life.

[b]"Ali? What are you doing here? Did Neos do this to you again?"[/b] Ali rose and shook her head at him as she looked around, looking rather annoyed.

[b]"I would of thought you knew I was here."[/b] Marcus shook his head weakly.

[b]"I had no idea, I just came through with Calypso. Her world got invaded by Anomanders shadow creatures, ours worlds are connected for now."[/b] Ali looked at him with questions on her mind.

[b]"You didn't meditate to get here?"[/b] Marcus shook his head.

[b]"I'm here in every way that you can be. At least, I think I am."[/b] He stumbled then, the lack of movement and need to keep moving finally slamming into him as he fell forward. Everything catching up to him as his vision blurred more then finally darkened as his eyes closed, his world closing in on him as he finally passed out. Shadowthrone appearing again, using his cane to poke and prod at the marked man.

[b]"Well, how about that for ya? He sees you again and he falls asleep, what a lazy boy." [/b]Ali snorted at him as she knelled beside Marcus, touching his neck to feel for a pulse.

[b]"He passed out you old man. You definitely haven't helped much."[/b] The old man grinning as he shrugged his shoudlers.

[b]"That's what grandfathers are for." [/b]Marcus heard none of this as his mind only having one thought, his body trying to rest and his mind trying to repair any damage, Marcus breathing ragged as he lay on the ground face forward. A small smile on his face as he saw her in his mind, laying together, he hoped he wouldn't wake up.[/size] Edited by Nergil Pendelton

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali sighed, shifting closer to Marcus she lifted his shoulders off the ground and put his head on her knees as she watched him rest. Her hands moving on their own as she traced the rune's on his face.
"They changed."
Shadowthrone huffed slightly.
"He is ever changing my dear. He never stays the same for long."
She nodded slowly and grazed her finger tips over the rune that stretched across his forehead gasping as she saw into his mind, closing her eyes the image became more clear to her and she felt her heart freeze for a moment before it began to beat rapidly. She opened her eyes to see Shadowthrone smiling down at her.
"I have never seen him love another as he does you."
She felt her breath hitch and shook her head.
"What am I supposed to do? I-I made a choice..."
"You did. But did you follow your heart or your loyalty?"
"I followed my heart you old fool! I love my husband and I chose him a long time ago!"
"You did. But do you feel the same way about him as you do my grandson?"
"Just shut up! I made my choice and I'm going to stick by it dammit!"
He nodded slowly before he knelt down and caught her attention, looking her in the eye.
"I see, well now that is an interesting turn of events."
"What are you talking about?"
"Nothing my dear, you shall see. You'll find the truth in time."
She felt her eye twitch in agravation, her fingers still gliding across the mystic's skin as she tried to keep in calm, her fingers memorizing the runes on his body all on their own.
"You seem very comfortable in posistion Commander Athens."
"I'm concerned for him. That's all."
"But why?"
"Because...because I still care for him. I may have chosen Demetri but I still care for Marcus deeply. I've never been with another person like I was him...not really. Demetri and I had the beach but that was a vacation...not a home. Not really. Marcus and I...we actually LIVED together for that week...I would walk in the door and his scent would be lingering in the rooms, he would have dinner on the table waiting for me. He would massage my feet at the end of the day to take the stress off of me. He would sit behind me in the bath and wash my back, rubbing the knots from my shoulders...he was always there for me, not matter how hard his day was..."
"And your husband?"
"I love him deeply, more than I believe I have ever loved another person, he's my first true love and I would do anything for him. But...there are times when our relationship feels so...professional. I have to stay a certain distance from him during the day, while we're in uniform cause he doesn't want to set a bad example to the new operatives...which I understand...but there are times, when I go to him during the day, when all I want is a hug from him. Just to be held by him for a few minutes to let some form of relaxation seep into me. Being the Commander...I never wanted the job but when he got promoted to Commandant I didn't have much of a choice...Some things with Marcus were so much easier than they are with Demetri...the joking, the play fighting, Marcus would always smile at me."
She snorted softly as a memory swam forward to the front of her mind.

Ali stood behind the kitchen sink, her hands slick with soapy water as she did the dishes humming softly to the song floating from her radio, not hearing the door sliding open as Marcus walked in. It had been her day off and he had been the one to have to work, she had wanted to have the room clean, dinner on the table and having nothing for him to worry about when he got home, just as he had done for her so many times. The song shifted and she smiled slightly, her hips swaying as she hummed slightly louder til she finally began to sing along, her soft, sweet voice matching the pitch of the singers perfectly. Marcus shook his head as he watched her silently, his eyes taking her in, the slight widening of her hips, the little extra weight she had put on due to the baby, the vitamins Patch had given her giving her pale skin a slight glow, he used to always roll his eyes when people said that pregnant women glowed but standing there, watching her, he believed them now. He shook his head as her hips began to sway a little more and her voice grew in vloume as she began to get into the song before he cleared his throat causing her to spin around.
"Marcus! How long have you been there?!"
She frowned at him, a soapy sponge in one hand, a wet pot in the other.
"Long enough to see some of your dance moves, very interesting."
"You haven't seen anything Mr. Mystic. I can dance very well thank you."
"I would like to see that one day."
She shook her head snorting lightly before putting the sponge and pot back in the sink, turning fully she leaned on the sink and crossed her arms.
"I don't think so. I would rather bury my head in sand than let you watch me dance."
"Why is that? Afraid your not as good as you say?"
She frowned more, but a smile remained on her lips letting him know that one of the many playful fights they had perticapated in was about to begin.
"Oh, I can dance just fine, your the one I'd be worried about. You in those sandals of yours, I doubt you could keep up with me."
He raised an eye brow than before moving forward, his posture letting her know what was coming before he was even a foot from her.
"Marcus, I swear to the great gods above and below, if you try to tickle me again I'll kill you myself and than bring you back to life so I don't have to live without you."
The words warmed his heart, in her own words she had just told him she couldn't live without him, he stalked forward and grunted, his eyes shutting as a jet of water hit him in the face. He blinked his eyes open to see her holding one hand over her mouth to cover her smile as the other held the hose to the kitchen sink, water dripping from it.
"I didn't think it would reach that far..."
He growled playfully and leaped over the kitchen island, her squeal echoing throughout the room as she ran, her barefeet slapping against the tile before going silent on the carpet, she skidded and slammed into the wall laughing breathlessly as she felt his strong arm wrap around her waist and pull her back. He pulled her to the floor and pinned her beneath him, his face still dripping slightly.
"You'll pay for that Talon."
"Oooo...I'm SO scared. DEMOS."
He frowned before bending forward and planting a kiss to her neck, behing the lobe of her ear and smiled as she melted in his arms, a sigh escapeing her instantly at the feel of his lips.
"SO not far Marcus, you know my weakness."
Her fingers slipped into the band of his pants, brushing his stomach and she smiled as he growled in her ear but shivered, the vibration and noise causing her blood to begin to boil pleasantly. Without warning he scooped her from the floor and took her into the bedroom shutting the door behind them, dinner forgotten.

Ali came back from the memory, tears slowly slipping from her eyes, Shadowthrone speechless since the memory had played against the background of the shadow realm allowing the old man to see everything she was remembering. He cleared his throat before speaking, his voice craking slightly with emotion.
"I-I don't believe I have ever seen that side of him before....even with his first he was never that open..."
Ali nodded, her heart begining to break again. This was not what she wanted happening, she wanted to be with Demetri, whole heartedly. But being in this place, where she could filter through her memories with no worry of her husband reading her thoughts, or seeing the looks on her face...she could admit to her self that deep down she was still torn. A piece of her heart still belonging to the man she was looking down at now.
"This isn't fair! I was so sure! I had made my choice...I want to be with Demetri...I'm Demetri's wife and I love him."
Shadowthrone nodding slowly.
"I understand dear. But...your heart can not fully let go of my grandson yet can it?"
"I gave my heart to Demetri, a long time ago. I won't take it back from him....but...Marcus will always hold a special place in this world to me. I may not be able to be with him...but I don't think I could deal with losing him again. Not like before, I don't think I could live if he did that to me again."
Shadowthrone nodded, a slight smile on his lips, he was satisfied with that answer, he spoke up after a few more moments.
"He needs to wake up soon...you both need to get out of here. Only problem, he's the only one able to break you from what ever holds you."
"What exactly is keeping me from waking up?"
"A deadly power my dear. One I didn't think still roamed this earth. You could actually break that hold now if you wish."
Ali's head snapped up to the old man, fury in her eyes.
"What?! Why didn't you tell me this sooner?!"
"The key had not yet arrived, but now that you hold the key, it will be easy. That I think it will unlock the both of you from whatever shadows have crawled into your hearts."
"What the HELL are you talking about you old fraude!?"
Shadowthrone perked his lips up as if to kiss the air and Ali felt her eyes go wide.
"I can't do that! I let him go, if I did that I would-"
"Break the walls around his heart agian? Allow him to feel your warmth? Activate the runes on his body expelling the darkness that is trying to consume you? Oh, that certainly is a deal breaker. I wouldn't go through with it either."
She growled at the old man before looking down at Marcus, his face now peaceful as her continued to trace the runes on his chest now, her hands having moved on their own, as if they had missed this path, this passtime having been one of their favorites at night while the rest of her body lay still next to the man. Taking a deep breath she bent over him, nervous, for so many reasons but she closed her eyes and brushed her lips against his slowly, feeling a small spark from his skin to her's. Shadowthrone nodded.
"It's working. Good."
She swallowed thickly before pressing her lips to his fully, his runes coming to life and clearing the area around them completely, Shadowthrone waving as the swirling shadows shifted and a bright world of light suddenly surrounded them, Ali closed her eyes as her heart jumped, his thoughts of her flowing freely into her mind as her own thoughts flowed into his, the memory she had recalled being thrown at him with every emotion behind it was well as she recalled what she had felt for the man that night. She could feel his skin began to take on more heat as the runes on his skin began to burn brighter and brighter before they suddenly went silent and died down. Shadowthrone now back beside them as the shadows began to swirl around again. Ali released his lips, she was panting and her hands shook.
"He took an amazing amount of energy from you my dear. I would stay here for a while, allow your self to rest while your actual body fights the infection. You'll heal nicly now that his powers have purified the would."
She nodded, not taking her eyes off of Marcus, concern clear on her face, his thoughts had been so dark and she felt her heart break anew for the man, a small smile gracing her lips as she saw his eyes begin to flutter open.
"Marcus?"
Her fingers slowly began to continue the comforting trail along his skin on their own, not quite ready to be seperated from the marks that graced his deep olive tanned skin. [/color][/font]

Demitri stepped out into teh hallway for a fresh of air, there were signs of Ali's fever slowly decending as time passed, already the time on the clock showed 5am in the morning, the giant was more than exhausted from their mission in Russia. His father deserved a lot of praise for sending the rescue extraction team while Demitri and Marcus fought off that twisted man they had met, but the way he talked and mentioned a couple of spoken phrases to the commandant sent shivers down his spine now that Demitri remembered.

(Son of the healer...what did he mean by that? Could he have been talking about momma?) The soldier stood in front of a instant coffee machine, waiting for his hot brew to some out as he pondered more and more about that man. There was another item bothering the commandant, the fact of that man keeping his attention on Mist and Marcus the whole time before the big fight, it was eerie. Demitri was snapped back to reality as he heard the small plastic cup dispense from the machine, the dark liquid poured quickly as the man looked down, it was his usual ritual before going tot he office and leaving the family. Make breakfast and pack the kids their lunch, have a nice hot pot ready for his wife to have when she awoke, and make sure all his personal belongings were gathered before heading down to the office. How he missed the times he would come home early to play with the kids before Ali got off of work, surprised to see her husband wresting with the kids while Neos slept in his cradle, the momentary thought brought a smile to Demitri's lips as he grabbed for his coffee and began to head back to the Med Ward. When Demitri had left the room earlier to talk with his father, he could offer little information about their somewhat failed mission and the man they encountered. It didn't please his father one bit, but a full report was made so it could be sent to the high commanders as soon as possible. Shield brought in Break to scan Demitri's memories, finally getting a clear face image of their enemy, Break drew a very detailed and accurate sketch to pass around to all the bases. Demitri too his copy and handed it to Circuit to fins some kind of information on the man, there was a possibility he made an encounter with some agents years ago, but Demitri thought that would be unlikely. Still...he was weary enough to send his assistant on the research assignment none the less.

"Commandant Athens!" A voice rang from behind the giant, catching his attention as he turned and looked down at Mist, the man had bags under his eyes and looked like he was contemplating a lot.

"You can be calm around me Mist, we've known each other far too long for formalities. What's wrong?" Demitri too a sip of his coffee, enjoying the hot liquid sting burn his tongue slightly as the rest traveled down his throat. Mist was hesitant before speaking, curling his hand into a fist as he looked directly in his superiors eyes.

"That man we saw in Russia...I dunno, something seems off, yet familiar about him"

"I got the same feeling as well, I can't personally say I know him or of him, but I'm doing some digging around myself for some information. He seemed intent on you and Colonel Demons though..." Demitri swirled his half cup of coffee in his hand, taking a deep breath as he thought.

"That's just it Sir, I can't say I know or seen him before either. But it's just a funny feeling I get, well, more threatening than funny." Mist forced a smile and small chuckle, but they both know they all could have been taken down in an instant if they were alone with that monster. His powers seems demonic and dangerous to anyone, someone who can control the nightwalkers must be one badass man. Demitri nodded at the statement, finishing up his beverage before turning around and walking away from his friend.

"We're protected here, and as long as all the agents are on high alert, I doubt someone like him would dare to come and challenge us" The commandant smiled as he vanished from sight, Mist simply stood firm and saluted his commander before vanishing in his own vapor mist to another location. Demitri turned the corner and went back into the Med ward, it was empty this time of the morning, Sasa still laid on her cot with Jason sleeping next to her, his light grunts in his sleep made the giant smile a little, slowly making his way back towards Ali's personal room. Slowly entering and closing the door behind himself, the man sat on the small chair next to her bed, Patch working on the IV lines attached to her arms as he looked over at the commandant.

"Good morning Sir,"

"Morning to you Patch, starting you're shift now?" Demitri smiled.

"Nope, still on, when there's a Commander or any other officer injured to this caliber, one medical lead is suppose to stay until they're good to go back to work or to their own personal quarters. A pain at times, but my powers have grown from a few years back." The man smiled as he looked over Ali's chart once again, the electronic computer screen flashed as Patch swiped his finger across the tablet, viewing her documentation. "The infection is at 5% now, she should be coming around anytime soon sir."

"That's great, outstanding work my friend. Tell me, have you seen my mother lately?" Demitri cracked his neck when he turned his head, he was feeling tired now too, the adrenaline in his system slowly fading away.

"Madam touch? She's not due to report in until later this evening sir. Shall I call her for you?" Patch handed the computer chart over to Demitri, the giant scanned his work before signing the release forms they would need when they were ready to leave.

"No, I don't want to bother her, especially at this time of day" Demitri laughed a little, signing the documents as he handed the computer back to Patch. "Tell me, are all the members of Alpha Team at maximum?"

"Sasa will need some rest, but the others are just fine, but I must report about your son Dante..." Demitri looked up at Patches sad expression when he mentioned Tank's real name. "We're going to start psychological therapy on the boy sir, I'm sorry but it's by order of the High Counsel, also by Dante's training coach Steel. He was easy to heal when you all returned, but the boy showed signs of mental stress. It's nothing to be too worried about, I'm sure he was just shaken up badly" Demitri frowned at the news, but after hearing what Ali had to say back in Russia, he knew it would probably be best for now.

"On my verbal order, I'll allow this, but next time, I would like to be informed about my childs medical care, regardless of what the counsel orders. Is that understood Patch?" The medic nodded his head as he left the room quietly. Almost 6 in the morning, the base began to show life of soldiers and personnel going about their daily activities. Demitri held onto Ali's hand, hoping she would be alright, but he knew they needed to talk about their son sooner than later. The giant closed his eyes for some rest, the vision of that man's face appeared more than he would have like, even in his own thoughts.

[size=2]His eyes slowly started to open, unsure of where he was or what was going on. He felt different now, he felt warmer and lighter, he still felt the exhaustion seeping into his body but he felt comfortable now. He felt himself shift slightly as he felt something gliding across his skin, the familiar sensation making a small smile crease his face as his eyes opened wider. He heard his name spoke, the voice pushed its way past all of his grogginess and sore muscles, he finally opened them all the way, blinking to clear his vision he saw a face he wasn't sure could be really there.

[b]"I'm dead aren't I?"[/b] He said with a small smile on his face, his comment suddenly meet with a punch to his chest, the hit more painful then expected with his sore muscles. His body reacting as he groaned briefly, rubbing the spot before talking again.

[b]"I guess I can rule out dead and dreaming."[/b] Ali laughed as she shook her head at him, her hand going back to her routine of following the paths down his runes. The sensation was soothing as she kept her pace steady and even, Marcus started to let his mind drift, the realization of who was with him and what she was doing sparked a thought in his head. He searched his mind for the barrier, finding it not longer existed, every trace of the wall he put up for his feelings was just gone. He then tried to rise, moving only a quarter of an inch caused his muscle to spasm and grunt in pain, he felt Ali's hand on his forehead now, gently pushing him back down.

[b]"Don't get up! I swear, sometimes you are so impatient."[/b] He let a soft laugh escape.

[b]"Only on somethings. I guess I don't mind resting here."[/b] His eyes looked up at her now, keeping his gaze focused on her he had to hold back his grin to her. He knew she wasn't his, even thought he wanted her more then anything, he knew the choice she had made, the thought crossed his mind of them never leaving this place. He wanted to keep her here and stay here with her forever, bit this wasn't their world, this was a place merely for their minds to meet to escape from the worst of their bodily harm. He breathed slowly, his sides sore from every breath. He turned his head ever so slightly and saw his grandfather standing there, a knowing smile on his face. Marcus rolled his eyes.

[b]"I'm in hell, I knew I was dead."[/b] Ali hitting him again, gentler this time with an opened hand, his body lurching and causing another muscle spasm.

[b]"She's got quite the hit doesn't she my boy." [/b]Marcus coughed before clearing his through, the memories of her hitting him before he would wrestle with her, the memories still rolling through his head as they started to play across the darkness. He stopped them quickly, Ali seeing a few of them laughing together. He rose again, this time much slower, Ali's hands falling away from him, he immediately regretted sitting up now as he looked to his grandfather then to Ali as he spoke.

[b]"Can someone explain to me why my face hurts, I feel like I hit a wall with it."

"Well, your face must have hurt before, I mean someone hit you in the face right?"[/b] Marcus let out a sigh as he rubbed his tender face.

[b]"Ammanas, you really push my buttons. Just answer me already."[/b] Ali spoke up after.

[b]"You passed out when you found us, fell flat on your face. I thought you might have broken your nose."[/b] He reached up and touched his nose gently, not sure if it was broken, probing it softly before he was satisfied it wasn't broken at all. He sighed with relief before speaking again.

[b]"It's not broken thankfully, now, why are you here Ali? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see you alright, but how did you get here?" [/b]Shadowthrone cleared his throat then.

[b]"I'll answer that my boy, she comes her instinctively when her body is in danger. Thanks you to and the boy, this world is imprinted on her mind, she's part of it now."[/b] Marcus looked at her with wide eyes, he hadn't expected this, he also had no experience in this area, never having brought anyone here who couldn't come here on their own. He stretched his muscles as best he could, finding his motion limited by the stiffness. He heard Shadowthrone giggle.

[b]"Whats so funny old man?"[/b] He held his hands up innocently enough. Marcus taking the gesture and knowing he knew something more.

[b]"Tell it Ammanas, I'll find out eventually."[/b] He stroked his beard, his face almost comical in its thinking process.

[b]"Tell me Marcus, do you feel different? Did you see a white light while you slept?"[/b] Marcus let his thoughts flow back, seeing the white light he recalled the intensity of it. Suddenly hit with Ali's memories he felt his heart beat rabidly, the emotions fresh and intoxicating. His breathing started to quicken before he got i back under control, his hand wandering to his chest as he felt that warmth in his soul again, Ali's hands had made that clear at just her touch.

[b]"I do, why is that relevant?" [/b]The smile on the old mans face starting to irritate Marcus.

[b]"Because our dear Empath here gave you a very interesting mouth to mouth resuscitation. I must admit, it was very intense I had to fan myself off from the heat! Gave me a shivers after."[/b] Marcus felt his heart stop, his breath catching in his throat as he tried to make sense of it all. He could feel the emotions creeping in again, pushing them away made them fight him harder, a kiss was all that he had desired from her, to be able to show her his love again. He tried to stand but his legs gave out and he stumbled back until he was laying next to where Ali was sitting. He remained there, as he let his thoughts settle, he didn't think he could talk right now. He let his breathing even out as he just laid there, his gaze shifting to her slowly, a smile on his face as she looked to him now, her eyes averting as he turned his head back again, staring at the black sky. The thought suddenly struck him.

[b]"How am I going to get out of here?"[/b] He let the words float around, he wasn't in any rush to leave, not until Ali was back in her own body. He just stay their on the ground, the memories breaking through as they played sporadically on the the world around them, he stopped caring if anyone saw, he wanted to feel there warm embrace. His smile still small, but it the thoughts kept it there.[/size] Edited by Nergil Pendelton

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali rolled her eyes, shifting on her knees she put her hands under his head and lifted it up onto her lap, looking down at his shocked expression.
"I couldn't just let your lay on the ground now could I?"
"It's not uncomfortable. Besides, there's no 'ground' here."
She flicked him between the eyes making his small smile return as he looked up at her.
"You know what I mean...ass."
He snorted slightly making her blush, she shifted her eyes away from him for a moment before looking back down at him, her hand automatically began to trace the runes on his chest again, she paushed, her fingers a hair breath from his skin as she heard him gasp.
"I'm sorry, I didn't realize I started do that..."
She felt her breath catch as he grabbed her hand and lay her hand on his chest.
"I've missed that."
She closed her eyes but didn't move her hand.
"Marcus...I can't do this, I chose...I chose Demetri-"
He nodded slowly but noticed she still didn't move her hand.
-but...I want you to stay a part of my life. I don't think I can have a full life...unless your part of it."
"Ali..."
"I know I shouldn't even want that, I know that Demetri should be enough but...I don't think I could live through it if you were to leave me like you did before again...I don't think I could stand losing you again. Your important to my family...your important to me."
She didn't meet his gaze, only looked at her hand as it lay on his chest, her pale skin standing out on his olive skin, her thumb rubbing a small spot on his skin, it was still softer than she would have thought, she could see faint scars on his skin and instantly her fingers began to find them and run over them gently, his breath caught and she stopped.
"I'm sorry."
He closed his eyes, shaking his head; he opened his eyes looking back up at her and Ali looked up as an image flashed across the background making her blush, the image being him and her, right where they were; only his hand was buried in her hair and she was bent over him, her lips pressed firmly to his.
"Marcus..."
He looked up and closed his eyes seeming to try and will the thought away but unable to.
"Forgive me."
She shook her head and frowned as she heard a giggle to her left, glaring up at the old man she felt a growl bubble from her throat, Marcus copieing the noise.
"Old man, what do you know that we don't?"
He pointed his cane at Ali making her frown deepen as Marcus tried to sit up and let a small smile spread on his face as Ali instantly, automatically pushed him back down to rest in her lap.
"Shadowthrone right?"
He nodded to her, his giggle still escaping from him.
"Your wondering how to get out, yet both of you are fully capable of returning to your bodies at any time. The problem is, you don't want to."
Marcus frowned, but than blinked and looked up at Ali, her face flushed and her frown deep as she stared at his grandfather.
"I do want to get out of here. My family needs me!"
He shook his head and gave Marcus a sly look.
"Try not to have to much fun boy, I do live here."
With that he was gone, a swirl of shadow in his wake, Ali scoffed before looking down at Marcus with a frown.
"Your grandfather is a bastard you know that?"
"I can't remember how many times I've told him that to his face."
Ali covered her mouth and giggled lightly, his eyes locked onto her as she looked down at him, her eyes sparkling with her laughter.
"Your family, is amazing."
He scoffed, rolling his eyes.
"Insane is more like it."
"Amazing, I said what I mean. Your all amazing. Your father and grandfather are here for you when ever you need them, they help you and guide you. Even if they do get on your nerves they never stop believeing in you and being here to support you, and then there's you..."
His eyes locked with her's, she didn't look away from him only met his gaze.
"Your an amazing person Marcus, your strong, kind, caring...you took care of me, loved me and was willing to support me and my unborn child even if at the time we didn't know he was yours...you were loving towards me and you never let me sit and wallow in my pain back than...you put me back together again. I never really thanked you for that...I never got the chance."
He was staring at her hard now, hoping she would continue but felt his hope fade as she shook her head.
"I know things are messed up, but I just wanted to ask you for something...a couple of somethings actually."
He raised an eyebrow at her waiting for her to continue, taking a deep breath she bent forward, her heart pounding in her ears as she closed her eyes slowly, hearing his breath catch she didn't let him say anything as she pressed her lips to his gently. His body froze instantly and she felt it, but she didn't bother going back on this now, after a few moments she heard him sigh and his lips relaxed under hers. She held the kiss for a few moments before pulling away and looking back down at him, he was breathing heavier than he had been before she had kissed him and as he opened his eyes she felt her heart tighten as she saw the lust in his eyes.
"That was my first something, the last kiss I never got before you left last time, which brings me to my next something."
He only nodded at her.
"You stay with me...I don't ever want you to leave again...I may not be with you Marcus...but I need you with me...I've felt empty for the past 3 years, but now that your back it feels as if I'm whole again, and I don't want to lose that feeling agian. So promise me. Stay here, with me. Train your son and help me raise him. I know for a fact that he'll be a good man when he grows up, he'll have the best of Demetri, the best of me and...the best of you. If anything. Stay for him...I know I'm being selfish, but I can't watch you walk away again and stay the same...."
He did nothing by stare up at her, she felt her breathing getting rapid as he simply lay there, his eyes softened and he closed them.
"I'll do my best Ali."
"That's not what I want to hear Marcus."
"I can't promise that."
Without warning she stood, his head falling back making him grunt, he looked up at her to see her looking back down at him, she blinked and he saw the tears fall from the reddish brown orbs, his heart breaking.
"Ali..."
She shook her head and turned her back on him, she began to walk away and slowly vanished, he could only sit and watch her go back to reality.

The hospital bed was lumpy, unlike her and Demetri's bed that was soft and warm. She groaned and tried to sit up feeling a large, warm hand on her shoulder.
"Take it easy love. You've been out for almost 24 hours now."
She nodded slowly, her eyes opening to look up at her husbad, giving him a loving smile she cupped his cheek as he bent down and kissed her softly.
"I'm glad to have you back."
She nodded and wrapped her arms around his broad shoulders hugging him tight.
"It's good to be back."
Demetri looked up at Patch.
"Chip, she's awake. I'm taking her home, is that acceptable?"
Patch looked at her charts and nodded.
"Go ahead, get plenty of rest Alex."
She nodded and leaned into Demetri as he picked her up, his nose going to her hair, she sighed as the warmth from his body seeped into her skin relaxing her.
"I love you Demetri."
He chuckled and she felt him smile into the top of her hair.
"I love you too Alex."
She tucked her chin down, closing her eyes allowing her self to relax as he carried her back to thier room.[/color][/font]

[size=2]Marcus had listened closely to her words, seeing the emotions flaring in her eyes as she spoke, he could see how intense her feelings had been fro him. How strong they still were and how he wanted to share those with her, he had gotten the meaning from his grandfather. Still shaking himself internally for the old mans attempts at rekindling their love, he had wanted to bring it back up as well. He had melted in her embrace, even if it was just her letting him rest his head on her lap, being this close to her made his blood pump faster, he couldn't help but feel his love for her start to burn through him again. When she talked about him leaving here all that time ago he had felt his heart sink, it had been a choice of keeping her safe, of keeping her sane. He could never fully explain that to her, explain that to anyone except maybe his mother now. He regretted that choice, what he had learned seemed like it wasn't anywhere worth what he had left behind.

When she had pressed her lips to his, he got lost in the feeling, letting it course through him again. His mind going back to all those times they laid in bed together, times when they would be resting on the couch as he set aside a book just to spend those few moments with her as he wrapped his arms around her, she nuzzling up to him that made him quiver with delight. Her hands tracing his runes, that was the motion he missed the most, she always glided her hands across the shapes on his body, and now that he could change them it provided a new challenge for her. As her hands had traced his runes he had felt as if she was memorizing them all over again, her eyes hardly ever looking to where she was tracing, her body just followed the lines as if she had done this a million times. When she touched a ticklish spot she would smile and keep moving, he hadn't wanted it to stop, he had wanted to remain there with her. But, speak got him into trouble, it had taken from him what he had wanted most, the tears in her eyes as she walked away from him had torn into his soul, he hated the pain but he welcomed it over the void. He simply sat their in the shadow world, legs pulled up as he had his arms resting on his knees. His eyes staring at the dark floor, he felt alone again, and this time he blamed himself for putting himself in that position. The figure appearing again, a firm smack to the back of Marcus head followed, he looked up at the old man his face dark.

[b]"My boy, you are so smart. Yet you are incredibly stupid!"[/b] Marcus growled at him.

[b]"I don't need you to remind me grandfather. I understand clearly where I ruined it. I regret those words."[/b] Ammanas smacked him again, Marcus rising sharply, feeling slightly dizzy but hold himself up.

[b]"I was hoping to see something good and actually have front row seats! I mean, that move you did a few years back requires serious examination for future reproduction of that, if you can even bend that way anymore!"[/b] Marcus lashed out then, his hand passing through smoke before he whirled around and backed Shadowthrone square in the face, Marcus chest heaving as he stared down at the old man who just smiled with his hands up.

[b]"I swear to all the gods alive grandpa, if you only did this to watch us have sex in your bubble, I will send you so far into the abyss you won't know where your mouth begins and your ass ends!" [/b]Shadowthrone giggled.

[b]"That made no sense my boy."

"It didn't need to you voyeuristic old perv! You think you can screw with my heart like that? I would die for that woman, I would walk the entire earth a thousand times to be with her."[/b] Shadowthrone nodded to him as he gripped his cane.

[b]"I am well aware Marcus, I may be dead, I may give you a hard time. But, all I did was try to help, I want you to be happy my boy, as does your father."[/b] On queue, Cotillion appeared, his face still straight as he stood with the other too.

[b]"Its true son, we're still trying to help. We know you need to do it alone, but we can give you the nudge in the right direction. All we want to do is give you the love you've earned."[/b] Marcus shook his head at them, his hands trembling as he felt his heart being pulled in multiple directions.

[b]"She chose Demetri, I'll always be second in her heart."

"But two is bigger then one!"[/b] Shadowthrone blurted out, Marcus smiled briefly. He turned his head to look where Ali had vanished.

[b]"Ali, I take it back. I won't leave again, never again." [/b]The world around him vanishing as he suddenly found himself in Pockets room, Pocket nowhere to be found he left her quarters. Returned to the real world he noticed the base coming to life, he made his way to his own room, opening the door he found Neos sitting on the floor as he played with his animated fox. Marcus gave a small smile as he stepped in, Neos looking up, a great big smile on his face as he suddenly ran over and gave Marcus a great big hug, kissing him on his cheek Marcus scrunched his face as he started to tickle. The little boy laughing as he fell to the floor and Marcus kept tickling.

[b]"Daddy stop it!"[/b] He squealed before Marcus let up, Neos still laughing a little as Marcus was knelling next to him.

[b]"Neos, we're gonna start teaching you today. That sound like fun?"[/b] Neos nodded as Sly came up and nuzzled up to him, Marcus rubbing the toy fox.

[b]"What am I going to learn?" [/b]He asked innocently, Marcus still smiling gently at him.

[b]"Everything I can teach you Neos, you're gonna learn everything you grandpa and great grandpa taught me. Lets find Aunt Pocket ok?"[/b] Neos nodded furiously and they went hand in hand to find Pocket, finding her quick enough they began his training. The process was simple at first, Marcus showing him how to manipulate simple runes, runes that his family could use and Neos picked them up quickly, putting them together quicker then Marcus had been ready for, Pocket had remained through out the training, at one point Neos and Marcus traveling to the shadow realm together, Pocket having made her own path teaching two people at once made Marcus feel more useful. Taking his mind off of Ali for now, the time flew past them quick enough that it soon came time to bring Neos home, Pocket walking with them until the reached her quarters, she said her goodbye and Marcus and Neos continued on, reaching the Commandants quarters Marcus knocked, waiting patiently until Demetri answer the door, his eyes slightly wide at seeing Marcus.

[b]"Marcus, I didn't expect to see you here."[/b] Marcus gave a small smile and bowed his head.

[b]"I decided I would drop of Neos as well as pick him up for training. May I come in?"[/b] Demetri stepped aside and let him in, Neos rushing in as Sly followed. Marcus looked around more closely at the quarters, seeing how detailed it was and how luxurious it was. It made him somewhat uncomfortable. He looked to Demetri as he held his hands behind his back.

[b]"Is Ali here?" [/b]Demetri eyes him skeptically then nodded.

[b]"May I see her? I need to check her mind, make sure it wasn't infected."[/b] Demetri hesitantly lead him to their bedroom, she was sound asleep, he walked to her side, seeing the rune exposed he reached out and gently touched it. He let his power trickle out, only enough to get a simple message across to her in her dreams.

[b][i]I'm sorry Ali, I'll be here. [/i][/b] He pulled away, nodding to Demetri.

[b]"She seems fine now, sleep will do her good. I will return for Neos tomorrow, keep him away from mirrors for now please."[/b] Demetri stared at him for a little bit before answering.

[b]"Alright, we'll do our best." [/b]Marcus bowed his head again. Walking out of their bedroom he walked out the room, letting his arms go slack as he let out a sigh. Rolling his shoulders he felt the need to work out, the training room his next destination.[/size] Edited by Nergil Pendelton

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"][i]I'm sorry Ali, I'll be here[/i]

She woke with a start, her heart beating against her ribs almost painfully, she looked up as her door opened and Demetri stepped in.
"You alright love? Your pale."
"Just a nightmare I think...I'll be alright. Did Patch say I was good for work?"
"Yeah, he said your good to move at anytime, why?"
"I was thinking of going down to the training room for a bit, my arms and legs are tight, and I need to stretch them out so I don't get cramps."
Demetri nodded and helped her from the bed leaning down to give her a deep kiss which she returned.
"You want me to come along?"
"No, that's alright. It's almost time for Noes' bed time. Not only that Dante and Lily have a lot of homework they might need help with."
Demetri nodded, than grabbed her wrist lightly.
"When you get back, we need to talk about Tank. Did you know he's going to therapy?"
Ali looked back at him before nodding slowly.
"Yes I did."
"Why didn't you tell me Alex?!"
"Stop yelling you scare Neos. I didn't say anything because your son asked me not to."
"But why? He knows he can tell me anything."
"Yes, he knows that. But how is he supposed to feel like that when all you ever call him any more is 'your football player'? Demetri, Dante just wants to have a normal life."
"But he's not normal."
"That's not the point Demetri. He didn't want to go on that last mission with us. He told me he didn't think he was ready for it. I knew for a fact he wasn't. But you wanted him to go anyway."
"If you had told me even a small piece of any of this I wouldn't have made him come along with us."
"I tried Demetri. Every time I tried I would get the same answer from you. 'He's 16, he's my son. He'll get through it just fine.' Or my all time favorite. 'I taught him better than that.' Fact is Demetri, we really didn't teach him anything. He was 14 when we adopted him, he might have considered us his parents before that but still. Truth is Demetri we're away from them for so many hours during the day any more...we don't even know who our kids are anymore."
Demetri looked away from her, knowing she was right but not willing to admit it.
"He is my son, and I will find out everything as to why he's in therapy and as to why he hasn't been putting out his full potential."
Ali shook her head as he walked out the room and down the hall, no doubt to tuck Neos into bed, sighing she gathered her things and walked out the door, after the talk she had just had with her husband she didn't bother to tell him she would be back. She walked to the training room, her thoughts flitting here and there til she opened the door, hitting the security lock so it would lock after closing allowing her to have the room to her self for a while and have it quiet. Her thoughts froze as she stopped dead in her tracks. Marcus was there, on his hands on the mat, his feet held straight into the air and he did vertical push ups. Ali felt her mouth go dry, she had only seen him work out once, and that was in his own dimly lit room, in the training room it was different. She could see very well. She shook her head slightly to clear it before walking silently towards him, reaching out she sread her fingers and quickly scratched at a place below his ribs causing his body to spasm. He grunted and fell on his back, the mat slapping underneath him and he frowned searching for the culprit. He wasn't expecting to see Ali, his eyes going wide as she stared down at him.
"You've gotten complacent Colonel, used to you could hear me coming no matter what."
"I haven't gotten complacent, you've gotten better."
She tucked her hair behind her ear and held out a hand for him, as soon as his skin touched her's the rune came to life on her wrist, the feelings making her blush. Letting go of him as he was back on his feet she walked over to her locker and quickly changed, not really caring about being modest in front of the mystic, he had already seen everything she had to offer.
"So Warded Man. Lets see HOW complacnet you've gotten over 3 years."
"I told you I haven't-"
He grunted as she suddenly swiped his feet out from under him, his back hitting the mat again.
"That was low, I was talking."
"Aw...poor Marcus. You gonna cry now?"
She felt her heart lighten as he smiled wickedly before flipping back to his feet and reaching to grab her wrist blinking as she was no longer there but a few feet away. Her large smile still in place.
"What the matter, can't catch one little woman?"
"YOU are NOT a regular woman! Your a beast in disguise."
"You insult me? I think I might just die?"
"You've been visiting my grandfather way to much Alex."
She snorted in laughter, the noise making Marcus smile, til she rushed him. He barely had the time to block before he watched her front flip over him, before he could turn around she had her arms around his waist, her forehead pressed to his back.
"I got you message...thank you."
She pressed her lips to the skin of his back, allowing them to linger there for a moment, she smiled slightly as she felt him shiver.
"You have no idea how much it means to me....knowing that you'll be here for me when ever I need you."
She tightened her arms around him just for a second, trying to convey everything she was feeling to him at the moment through that one simple hold. To others it would look as is she were just giving the man a hug, but in her heart, she knew that a part of her still wanted it to be so much more. She tried to squash that feeling before he could feel it through her. Sighing as no matter what she did it continued to rear it's head in her mind til she didn't bother closing it off. [/color][/font]