OtakuBoards

Witches: Gods Rising

Akieen Cloud

Calypso walked along the hallway, wearing black as usual. This was not a fashion statement however. Even though it had been weeks since Ali's execution and funeral, Calypso was in mourning for her lost friend and teammate. She would be in mourning for her as long as she lived. For she was more than a teammate or a friend or a leader, she was the older sister that Calypso always wanted but never had. She was a part of her family.

Calypso tried to force back some tears but wasn't successful. She was upset at herself for thinking about going out with Jason, Ali's brother. She had almost asked him earlier if he wanted to sit down with her in the cafeteria or something but she restrained herself. She knew he probably needed some help getting through this time and she knew she needed help as well, but a part of her felt terrible about trying to find happiness. It felt like she was celebrating Ali's death and she hated that. The only other thing that was stopping her was Jason's werewolf curse. She just wasn't too sure about his beastly form, but that was only because she wasn't used to it. She had become used to Jeff's constant silence so she wondered if she could get to that too. She wanted to sit and talk to Jason about his curse...No, not his curse, his power, but she couldn't find the time and she was afraid of what he would say to her. Calypso sighed as she headed into her quarters.

She knew she shouldn't worry and just go talk to Jason, but even after Marcus' great advice she had her doubts. She almost opened a rift to go see her sister, but she was stopped short by a shaking in the building. She quickly left her quarters again to see Jason running in his wolf form. He stopped but not for long. She got the hint though and followed him as they went to go find the other members of Team Alpha.

[b]OOC: Sorry about the shortness, just trying to get back into the RP. ^^
Pocket will probably say something to Jason once Ali is back and she's safe.[/b]

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[size=2]Marcus hands had been pressed against the glass as they both watched her, he watched her move, how she twisted and turned her body. He could see every movement and the memories of the time in the training room came back to him, seeing how flexible she was and how she contorted her body. He could see elements of her, but he could also see how broken it had become, how her body had taken a punishment that she didn't deserve. Seeing her fight, her words were muffled and he couldn't make out what she was saying, but that all faded away when he saw the flash of blue, the material flapping around as she struck out. His heart beating rapidly when he saw the tattered edges, the holes through the material.

[b]"Ali...."[/b] He whispered, the only thing he could manage as he saw her come to the end of the simulation. His body wanted to jump through the glass, to go to her, take a hold of her and never let go of her ever again. The room went dark then, another pulse that knocked out the power in the simulation, he couldn't see in the dark room. The light flickered here and there and then she was gone, leaving the room in the cover of the darkness he looked around quickly, trying to see where she could have possibly gone. His breathing was heavy and his mind was racing, she was there, she had only been a dozen feet away and he let her go. He felt his heart sink for just a moment, until he pushed it aside and let the thought that she was still alive seep in, take over his feelings as he held on to that feeling now. He looked to Demetri now, seeing the look on his face as well, his mouth open slightly, Marcus placing his hand on his shoulder. The giant looked at him now, looking down at the tattooed face, seeing a brightness in them that he hadn't seen in a long while.

[b]"Demetri, we have a lot of things to talk about. But we need to make it quick."[/b] Demetri nodded, they left the training room then, the ethereal crows still following Demetri and Marcus as they got out of earshot of anyone around. Marcus looking around until he felt comfortable enough to start speaking.

[b]"Alright, first off our fight should of never happened. I was there at her funeral, I couldn't be there with those people. I, I just couldn't."[/b] Demetri crossed his arms at him then, his face not showing much of anything.

[b]"It's done with Marcus, we need to move forward." [/b]Marcus nodded to him and began talking to him, telling him of everything he had seen, all of the things about what Exodus had told him. How Ali was a Confessor and what her power was based on, how she would be deemed worthy as a weapon for anyone who could harness that power. He told him about his suspicion from the beginning, how he had the thought that it was something to do with the high council but had no way of proving it. Demetri listened intently, absorbing every detail that Marcus talked about, when the mystic had finished, Demetri had stood silent for several moments.

[b]"Well, that is all interesting. What I found, should be enough to confirm your suspicion."[/b] The giant told his side of it all, filling in Marcus on all of the files he had seen of all the past executions. How Raze and Madam Pain had been on the council far longer then they should have been allowed too. He also spoke of what him and Jason had done around Ali's execution spot, how he had smelled the oranges. When he was done Marcus nodded to him, only one thought coming to mind to put the final nail in the coffin.

[b]"We only have once choice left, we need to find the last shred of evidence."[/b] Demetri raised and eyebrow at Marcus, starting to get an idea of what he was planning.

[b]"What is that Marcus?"

"We need to dig up her grave, we need to see her body."[/b] Demetri wasn't as shocked as he had expected, it was the next rational thought to prove that she was truly gone. Demetri nodded his agreement before pinching his nose.

[b]"Lets do this quickly."[/b] They took of then, rushing through the hallway to get to their destination. Marcus feeling more alive now then he had for the past few months, his heart beating now as he stretched his muscles, feeling the tension release and his anxiousness rise up in his mind. The pushed past people easy enough, Marcus being limber enough to maneuver around enough people, Demetri's sheer size making enough sounds for people to clear out of his way. After only a few minutes they made it to the exit and ran outside, clouds hung in the sky as they kept running, making it to the graveyard they ran through until they found the one they were looking for, her grave still fairly fresh, her tombstone showing a rare picture of her smiling, holding Neos in her arms. They both took a moment, simply staring at the stone before Marcus took a few steps back, holding his palms out as he slowly began to raise them, the earth trembled and began to split as Marcus pulled on and invisible force now. His muscled coiled now as his hands slowly started to clench, the dirt shifted and was rising as Marcus kept pulling, the ethereal crows lending their air, their talons digging into the soil as he pulled his catch t the surface. The casket finally braking the surface, he let go and it settled in the upturned earth, Demetri approached it then, his hand shaking as he finally touched the lid, both of them nervous and anxious to open the coffin. Demetri threw the lid of then, they looked into the casket and felt the tension as they saw the final piece to it all. The casket before them was empty, no body was present, no trace of anyone having ever been in the coffin. Marcus felt his heart jump in his throat then, he felt a sense of relief then, the joy of knowing she was still alive.

The feeling passed when he remembered the scars, the damage done to her body. His rage shooting through his body as his face contorted into an expression of pure hatred, the energy coursing through his body until he was sure the energy was going to tear him apart. The crows landing on his shoulders one at a time, one landing and seeming to pull the energy from him, as another did the same, each one following the example until all seven had done the act. The energy swirled around him now, the parts that had pulled away acting like tendrils as they swayed and moved about him now. Demetri's eyes had gone pure white, the hurricane force wind gathering around him as well, the same thoughts that had passed through Marcus' mind had made it to Demetri's. Their powers crashed against one another multiple times, Marcus runes glowing with white hot intensity, they both had their minds set to the task. They left the graveyard behind their powers tearing up the land as they went back into the base, the tendrils of energy clinging to the walls and tearing sections away, Demetri's winds throwing the debris around. They didn't care for the damage they caused now, all that mattered was the fight that waited for them, the guards around the council meeting room. Marcus' tendrils slamming into a guard as Demetri blasted another away with a charge wind ball. No one was a challenge for them now, their rage a never ending fire that pushed their powers to the limit. They entered the council chambers with now issues, their powers still crashing into one another as they looked around the dimly lit room, a single white light in the middle and the shadowed faces of the council around them. They stood side by side now as they stared into the faces that were all to clear to them now.

[b]"You will all die today, in this very chamber. Your execution will not be public."[/b] He heard a laugh then, Marcus facing looking toward the sound, seeing the Illusionist sitting high in his place. Marcus had dreamed of this moment, and now he was going to take it.

[b]"I'll take a lot of pleasure in your death, Clyde."[/b] The old face held a smile on it, the laugh escaping his throat again.

[b]"On the contrary, I don't think you will get that far. Bring my pet in."[/b] A door opened then, the light coming in as a figure walked in to the room. The slight noise of something metal could be heard, the figure became clearer until she stood before them now, the wind died down then. The tendrils vanished into oblivion as they felt their blood cool, their eyes wide as they focused on the figure before them. The runes stopped glowing, his body feeling tight as he held his gaze on the woman before him, her white hair bring momentary flashes of Anomander before he came across her face, seeing the marks he had left on her cheek so long ago.

[b]"What did you do to her?"[/b] Demetri yelled, Clyde keeping his smile on his face.

[b]"Do you like my new pet, she was particularly difficult to break, but she eventually did."[/b] Marcus growled then.

[b]"You'll die slowly for this."

"Oh really? Could you reach me though? If that meant killing her? Would you be so willing to avenge her if it meant you would have to spill her blood to spill mine."[/b] Marcus felt his plans, the idea of seeing this man die fall away as he saw Ali then. He conceded his defeat by reaming silent, his face plain but his eyes showing the pain. Neither man made a move at all.

[b]"You see? Your to worried about saving a woman who's not even there any more. Killing her now would be a blessing to her, a parting gift as it were, but her physical appearance hinders you so much that you would welcome death if by her hands. What foolish men."[/b] Marcus didn't say anything, instead his mind was going through every spell he knew, every incantation he could utter. Every rune he had ever learned, his mind however, could find nothing to change the situation they were in.

[b]"As a demonstration of how loyal she really is, should I give you a show?"[/b] The door opened again and another person was pushed in, a young woman, her hair tossed as both Marcus and Demetri saw the tears that lined her face.

[b]"Confessor, take her. Kill her."[/b] Without hesitation Ali reached out and touched the girl, the pressure pressing outward as the girls eyes became dull, knelling before her they could hear her rasp of a voice.

[b]"Master."[/b] Ali simply looked down at her, both men unsure of what was to come next when they heard the words pass her lips.

[b]"Die."[/b] The girl collapsed then, her body limp as she simply died before them. Marcus felt his heart jump, the horror of it shocking him, what he saw next even more shocking. Her eyes flicked to them, he saw it then, the remorse, the sadness hear posture changing ever so slightly, showing the burden on her. What followed was the crack of a whip, the end digging into Ali's back as she simply flinched form the hit, no scream, the fact of that terrifying on its own.

[b]"Who said you could feel remorse Confessor. Stand tall, be proud. You are a mighty weapon!"[/b] Ali obeyed, her body straight and tall again as she disappeared from sight again. Marcus felt a shiver pass through his body then, seeing what kind of punishment she was forced to endure.

[b]"It seems my pet has done well so far, care for another one."[/b] Both men flinched then.

[b]"No!"[/b] They said as one, not wanting to see another person die, or see Ali be forced to kill another person. Clyde let out a laugh then as he leaned forward in his chair.

[b]"Interesting, well, I have a better idea. To show you how truly loyal she is, she will choose one of you to be taken. Who will it be?"

"I'll do it."[/b] Marcus said as he stepped forward, heard the giants take one step before he whirled around and held up his hands to him.

[b]"No Demetri. You can't do this."[/b] His face stern as he looked down at the marked man.

[b]"Yes I can, I'm the Commandant."

"What about Lily? Tank? They both need you. You have a family to take care of."[/b] Demetri gave him a hard look then.

[b]"Neos is still your son Marcus."[/b] The Marked man shook his head then, his eyes locking with Demetris.

[b]"Neos is your son, he only inherited my powers. I've already taught him so much, he doesn't need me for much longer."[/b] The giant was about to speak again when Marcus stopped him.

[b]"Most of my family is dead, I spent a decade of my life dedicated to killing one person. I should of died the night I killed Sybille. I have nothing left Demetri." [/b]Marcus turned away then and took a step toward Ali.

[b]"Marcus, you can't do this."[/b] The mystic smiled to himself then, speaking without looking t the giant.

[b]"I already have. I gave up my long life, I let Anomander take it from me, she is all I have left. And now, I'm going to give her the rest."[/b] He stepped forward then, standing before her, she lifted her right hand, he reached down and took her left, the blue bandanna showing now as he calmly set her hand on his chest. He looked into her red eyes now, remembering everything they had before she wiped her mind, what life was like with he during their short time together. He let go of all his barriers now, not caring what slipped from his lips now.

[b]"I love you Ali, I always will." [/b]He felt the pressure then, the thunder without noise, and he simply accepted it.[/size] Edited by Nergil Pendelton

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"][center][i]I love you Ali, I always will....[/i][/center]

The words echoed through her mind, reaching down to her very soul as she watched the man before her kneel, his head turned down as he looked at the floor.
"Master?"
She felt her heart beat quicken, her chest heave as she tried to gather air into her lungs, her body beginning to shake as slight panic began to take hold of her, her mind snapped back to reality, the whip lash on her back stinging enough to bring tears springing to her eyes as she felt the blood run in rivulets down her back, she dropped to her knees in front of him and put her hands on his shoulders.
"Commander Demos?"
"Master?"
"No...it's Talon, Captain Alex Talon...please no...don't tell me I did this to you, I don't want to be a monster..."
She looked up as footsteps echoed to her.
"Ali? Are you back?"
She looked up into Demetri's hazel eyes and felt her body relax some, tears began to stream down her cheeks.
"What have I done? What did I do to him?!"
Demetri shook his head, his face pinched painfully as she began to sob openly in front of them, the wicked laugh that echoed around them made her stop and look over her shoulder as the old man walked from the shadows.
"I see...he was hoping for this. To bring you back from whatever dismal abyss you fell into. It's useless though, I want let such a rarity such as you go."
She growled low in her throat as she kept her hands on Marcus' shoulders, his skin was softer than she thought it would be, and warmer as well, she wrapped her arms around him as she heard the crack of the whip, protecting him, but she never felt the pain, the wind picking up in the room making her look over her shoulder and gasp as the Commandant stood in front of them, the whip caught in his large hand as he grit his teeth and pulled on it wrenching it from it's owners hands.
"If you think that I'm just going to stand by and allow you to hurt her while I'm here, your wrong!"
"Commandant Athens, do you honestly think you can stop all of us?"
She watched as his eyes began to glow white, the wind howling in the room now as strings of electricity began to spark throughout the storm, that was until he screamed in pain and dropped to his knees, Madam Pain walking slowly forward, her cane tapping on the floor.
"Commandant Athens, you are a valuable asset to this force, it is not within our desires to harm you. Please see the reason behind our choice. Ms. Talon is a powerful empath, able to tap into the power of a Confessor. She is a rarity that needs to be utilized. With her power we could control the world."
Demetri frowned from the floor.
"I won't let you have her again! I spent all those weeks dying inside cause I thought she was dead! I refuse to do that again!"
Ali flinched as he writhed on the floor yelling out in pain as Madam Pain only shook her head.
"I am sorry to hear that young man. I didn't wish to kill you, but if you intend to fight I have no choice."
Ali felt her power boil, felt the pressure build as she watched him roll in pain, she clenched her fists tight as she stood, her leather gloves creaking with the force of it, squaring her shoulders she looked down at the man still kneeling behind her.
"Stay behind me Commander."
"Master."
She closed her eyes as tears lined her eyes, the power pressing against her now, wanting to be released, begging for it as she strode forward. As soon as she passed Demetri the pain stopped, he lay on the floor breathing heavily as he looked up at her, his eyes wide as he saw her hair start to billow out around her as her power shifted around her. She looked over her shoulder at him and he let out a gasp, her eyes flashing back to the warm chocolate he remembered, her smile warm and loving as she looked down at him before it was gone, her eyes red once again and her pale face upturned into a sad expression.
"Get him out of here. I'll handle them."
He shook his head, unwilling to leave her with the super powers of the HDF alone.
"Just go! I don't know how much longer I can hold it back and the last thing I want is for you to be caught in it like he was. I won't be remembered as a monster!"
He stood and walked towards her, like Marcus he had stopped caring about the things he said when he saw her alive and standing in front of him.
"Alex, you are far from a monster. You are a beautiful and loving woman and I would sooner give you my heart on a platter than to walk away and let you do this on your own."
She shook her head, putting her hand on his chest she released a small, infinitesimal amount of her power, enough to keep the man away from him self for at least 15 minutes, he bowed his head as his warm hazel eyes went dull.
"Master?"
"Get the Commander and get out."
"Master?"
"Take the Commander and the two of you leave, get out of here and get somewhere safe. I'll find you when I'm done."
"Master."
The man did as he was told, standing up and putting the marked man's arm around his large shoulders he began to walk out, Ali felt her feet move before she could even think about the act as Raze summoned another whip and lashed out at the two men, she winced as it caught her across the face, digging into her skin and gashing her left cheek deeply, just another scar to add to her collection. She grabbed the whip as it came down again, much like the Commandant had and yanked on it, Raze coming with it this time and she covered his face with her hand releasing her power as soon as she got a grip on him. He went slack in her grip and fell to his knees.
"Master?"
"Help me kill the high council. Destroy them and protect the men escaping."
He nodded numbly, standing up he summoned his whips in both hands and charged into the other members, screams and explosions echoed from the room as minutes drug by. After what felt like eons to the people out side listening to the chaos within the door slid open and Ali stumbled out, her clothes tattered and torn in spots, blood seeping from under the leather as the people could see multiple throwing knives embedded within her skin, one on the inside of her shoulder close to her neck, the blood oozing out in a swift stream as she braced herself on the wall and looked around at the people who had gathered, her eyes taking in Jason as he looked horrified at his sister as she stood there, looking barely alive, Demetri finally coming out of what ever spell she had put him under, his eyes going wide as he took her in and many others as well. She took a deep breath and coughed, blood filling her mouth as her ribs shifted painfully, she looked up at the others and gave them a small, sad smile, they watched as she tilted forward as her eyes slid shut. Demetri caught her before she could fall to the floor, rolling her in his arms, his clothes and limbs soaking with her blood in mere moments, looking over his shoulder he screamed down the hall for Patch as he stood and strode away, Jason helping Marcus to his feet as they followed. Gene's curiosity getting the better of him as he looked into the council room, covering his mouth before the bile could rise and eject from his stomach as he looked upon the blood and torn flesh strewn about the room. 3 heads, severed from their bodies rested on the podium in the center, all with the same terrified expression on their faces. High Council members Raze, Clyde and Madam Pain. He closed his eyes before walking out of the room and following the crowd towards the medical ward. News of Alex Talon's resurrection had spread like wild fire, he could only imagine how the news of her single handedly slaughtering the High Council would go over. [/color][/font] Edited by Knuckles' Girl

[size=2]He had been ready for it, he had given it all up, feeling no remorse, no shame in finally letting it all go and letting her take his mind as well. He had felt the pressure, felt the power wash over him with every intention of taking his mind for her to bend to her will. But, as quickly as the power had appeared, it was gone, the power had faded and Marcus found himself on his knee. His mind, however, was still intact, he was still thinking still seeing everything clearly as it hadn't changed. He almost grinned then, his attempt at simply bringing Ali out of her broken mind, had turned out to be something more, he spoke quickly not daring to remain silent for fear they might see her failure.

[b]"Master?"[/b] Keeping his face pointed to the floor, his eyes taking a few moment to find a more relaxed position. His face relaxed as well when she finally knelled beside him. She spoke to him then, his heart beating rapidly in his chest as he knew he had to keep up the charade, needing time to think he kept his answer the same. He could see in her eyes that she believed, with all of her heart that she had destroyed his mind, had obliterated the man beneath the marks. He fought every urge to reach out and hold her, telling her that he was still here, that he was still very much alive. When Demetri had pulled him away he had tried to fight, struggling in the giants grip, but was not able to get free, pulled from the room he was still in Demetris grasp the entire time he had been under Ali's power, grunting as he struggled, trying to maintain the roll of the mind raped servant. Time passed and Demetri came out of it, blinking awake and dropping Marcus, he didn't fight now as he just watched the doors. He knew he was too late to do anything, the events already taking place without him, she stumbled out of the chambers, falling forward as Demetri caught her. Marcus heart was thumping, seeing the blood and the torn flesh from her body and his heart broken knowing he could of helped her fight.

Patch arrived moments later, his face red and sweating as he instantly started looking at her body, touching where the most blood was seeping out, trying to stem enough blood flow before they carried her off. Demetri rushing down the halls with her in his arms, Marcus following, seeming mindless as he followed after his master. His thoughts still racing as they finally made it into the med ward, laying her down face down, her hair tossed about as Patch looked at the wound initially, Marcus was standing close to her side, placing his hand on her left hand now. He could see the blue bandanna, it was so clear to him now, the once vibrant blue had faded after years of sun exposure and battles fought. He stared absently at her form, Patch looking up, seeing the way his face was he looked to Demetri then.

[b]"Whats wrong with him?"[/b] Concern and confusion clear in his voice, Demetri looked to the Mystic before speaking.

[b]"He gave up his life, Ali touched him with her power. He's gone now, he's just a shell of what he was."[/b] Marcus didn't say anything as he kept looking at the bloody mess before him, Patch finally having to cut open her shirt to get to the damage better. What they saw made Marcus shiver on the inside, his gut going cold as they all looked on her back now, seeing the multitude of scars piled on top of one another. Her back looked as if it was chewed up by a bear, torn apart before being discarded, and then someone had put her back together for the sick joke of it. Marcus hand reach then, gently touching the marks now, feeling the horror build in his heart, Patch didn't bother stopping him thinking it wasn't going to help. He avoided the one that Patch was working on, his eyes found the one place where he skin had been ripped to shreds, the crow tattoo on her back was still in perfect condition, the skin around it still smooth and alive. Seeing this, his hand traveled to where he left hand was now, gently pulling off the glove he saw it then. Her hand covered in scars as well, he saw it then in his mind, her on her knees as Raze tore into her, covering the tattoo with her hand to protect it, saving something of herself. He gripped her hand tightly then, feeling helpless he didn't know what to do except try to give her some sort of contact.

[b]"Demetri, can you pull him away? I fear he will do more damage then good if we leave him to his own devices."[/b] Demetri started to reach for him.

[b]"There is no need Demetri. I know what I'm doing."[/b] He didn't see the expressions on both of their faces, Demetri was of half shock half relief.

[b]"Marcus, are you really still there?[/b]" Marcus nodded softly.

[b]"How is that possible? We saw what she could do, it worked on me!"[/b] Marcus nodded again.

[b]"I don't have an answer, but it didn't effect me. I felt the power, but it didn't do anything to me. I played along to protect her, that is an obvious failure."[/b] He held on to her hand tightly then, still looking at the damage as Patch continued with his work. Demetri settling a hand on his shoulder then.

[b]"We need to get you looked at, make sure you are ok."[/b] He shook his head then.

[b]"I'm not leaving. She didn't leave when I was laying on this same bed."

"Marcus, you can't stay here."

"Yes, I can. I told you Demetri."[/b] He looked to the giant then, his eyes sad but a small smile on his face.

[b]"I gave it all up, she is all I have left Commandant. There is nothing else for me to do anymore." [/b]His eyes turned back and focused in on her scars then, his mind going over anything he could do. He had more time now, could experiment on himself for this kind of procedure, he would find away to make her scars disappear. He hoped he could find a means by the time she woke up, and maybe before she did, he didn't want to see that look in her face.

[b]"We'll take shifts Marcus."

"You can join me any time Demetri, but until i know everything will be ok, that I can do something for her, I'm not leaving her side."[/b] Demetir could only nod at hearing the words come from the marked man, the meaning of them ringing with sadness and lonliness.

[i]I'll find away Ali, and I'll do it all just for you. My White Queen.[/i][/size] Edited by Nergil Pendelton

[color="#000080"][font="Comic Sans MS"]She sighed, she was comfortable and warm, for the first time in a long time that she could remember she was comfortable, she snuggled deeper into the warmth and cracked open her eyes just a fraction, blinking as the pale, dark, swirling world met her gaze. Confused and baffled she sat up and looked down seeing a faceless body laying next to her. Screaming she backpedaled off the bed and grunted as she fell off the edge. The haunting voice making her look all around.
"Do not be afraid, it is just something your subconscious conjured to give you a sense of security."
She looked back at the form on the bed, the large frame of the shadow reminding her of someone but she couldn't place her finger on it.
"Where am I?"
[i]"You are safe dear. Do not fret, but I must ask, are you willing to go back? Can you go back?"[/i]
"Go back where?"
She jumped, yelping slightly as a mirror popped up in front of her, she could see her self, pale and beaten, laying in a hospital bed, breathing heavily, the Commander sitting by her bed holding her hand, his thumb gliding gently over the back of her hand. The Commandant pacing the room looking like a caged animal.
"How much longer Patch?"
"I don't know, the damage is so sever I don't know that there is any way of reversing it."
The Commander shook his head, the runes on his body glowing slightly.
"There has to be a way Patch, hell use one of us if you have to!"
"It's not that Marcus, her skin is so...fragile now...it's no wonder she was hurt so easily...it's paper thin."
As if to prove his point he gently poked her forearm, Demetri and Marcus both gasped as the skin turned purple quickly showing a bruise where Patch had pressed down on.
"You see? We can't just rush into this. What if we make it worse?"
"How much worse can this get Patch?"
Marcus indicated to her back as he yelled, Demetri placing a large hand on his shoulder to try and calm him, all three men more than stressed about the condition of the woman on the bed. Ali looked than and covered her mouth to keep from screaming. Her back and shoulders looked as if someone had tried to draw road maps on her skin with a knife, only the tattoo was safe from harm and she looked at her hand now, seeing scars that matched those on her back. She remembered it clearly, Raze summoning his whips and commanding her to submit, lashing her back, cutting into her skin, causing her to scream as she curled in on her self, her left hand covering the tattoo, like the bandanna she wore around her wrist it was one of the last things she had reminding her that she had once been human. She watched as the Commandant walked over and placed his large hand on the small of her back, where some of the worst scars were, she was shocked by the look of hurt on his face as his fingers ran along her skin softly, ghostly. A lover's touch, she shivered slightly and watched as her body mimicked the sensation, the Commander watching and bringing her knuckles to his lips for a soft kiss. Both men looking torn and haggard as she simply lay there. Demetri's deep baritone voice filling the void as he spoke.
"I've already passed everything down to Circuit, I'm not leaving her. We'll stay here together til she comes around."
Marcus nodded slowly, never taking his eyes off of her.
"Demetri, what are we going to do? These scars...she was so insecure about them to begin with...what will she think now?"
"We'll just have to make her see that she's still the same."
"How are we supposed to do that? What about our deal?"
Demetri pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.
"I-I don't know. What I do know is no matter what happens, we're never letting her go again. I don't care if the order comes from my own damned father, she's not leaving our sights again."
"Is it because you want her safe, or her power safe?"
"Both, I think. You saw what it could do down there Marcus. The power she holds, the control she has...it's dangerous and if it's connected to her emotions you and I both know she would never be able to live with her self if she were to accidentally use it on one of us or the team."
Marcus nodded slightly as he ran his fingers across her shoulders, feeling the scars on her skin.
"I just hope...we can find out a way to fix these before she comes to."
Demetri nodded and sat on the other side of her.
"You and me both Marcus. You and me both."
The went back to paying attention to her, both of them never allowing their eyes to leave her for longer than a few seconds...Ali looked around the shadows and sat down breathing heavily now, the markings on her back having brought everything back. All the pain, suffering and loneliness she had felt while down in the dark. All the nights hoping, praying, that some one would find her and break her from that god awful place but nothing ever came. No salvation found her in that dismal place. Bringing her knees to her chest she began to weep silently, all the memories coming back to haunt her, only to play across the background of the area. Every painful memory, every moment that gave her nightmares...it all played like a home movie and she put her hands on either side of her face and screamed as she heard their cruel laughs echo around her. Clyde's voice ringing out through the strange world, calling to her.
[i]'Come to me Pet, rub your Master's leg like a good beast. Obey!'[/i]
She whimpered as the memories grew in strength and volume til she was overwhelmed, simply sitting in the middle of the empty space around her, rocking back and forth, the dull lifeless look back in her eyes as she listened to the voices echoing all around her, breaking her mind all over again. The phantom pains returning to her now as she cringed, feeling each strike of the whip, each beating with the police baton they had used, she could feel her mind slipping back into the feral state as she peeled her lips away from her teeth growling animalistically at the disembodied voices, she could feel the collar around her neck; she could remember the voltage that went through it, the burning sensation as they shocked her time and time again through the collar. Council Member Spark seeing to that as he passed current after current through the metal and bringing her to her knees. Everyone of them had a hand in her breaking, her torture, the pain that still racked her body now. The phantom pains and the residual shock still pulsing through her as she lay there. She brought her hand down, looking at them now, unaware that through all of this the tattoo on her shoulder had been pulsing with each and every emotion, every time she felt pain it would pulse and flare to life. Staring at her hands she put her finger tips to her forehead, feeling the scars on her finger tips against the still smooth skin of her forehead; she let the power build, let it waver beneath the surface til she could see it roll off of her in thick waves. She was unsure if it would work on her self, unsure if she could wipe her own mind but she was willing to try, willing to wipe her own exsistance away with out a single regret. Closing her eyes she readied herself as she exhaled and began to slowly bring the barriers away from the power, the pressure releasing bit by bit, coiling around her and ruffling her hair and clothes, she squeezed her eyes shut and reached for that final point, the point of no return, touching it with her mind, ready to break it down...when she felt hands on her wrists, yanking them away from her face, a soft, masculine voice filling her ears as the hands slowly began to glide over the skin of her arms.
"Stop, you don't have to do this."
She looked up, the dark brown eyes boring into her red ones, the pain and sorrow there making her heart break for some reason.
"How? How are you here? Your mind...I-you..."
"I can assure you. I'm fine. I don't know how, but I'm whole. I promise Alex."
She felt the tears spill over her cheeks as she threw her arms around him and sobbed into his shoulder.
"Thank the gods! So many...I hurt so many people! I'm just glad that you at least survived through it! At least I didn't become a complete monster!"
She held onto him as she cried, the comfort of his embrace calming her as she let everything out, her screams of pain and broken sobs echoed through the dark world they were in. [/font][/color]

~During the Fight at the High Council Chambers~

Tabitha reclined comfortably in her living room, the mansion now quiet and peaceful for the evening most of the servants gone for the evening besides the nurses who kept watch over Neos. Her grandson slept somberly after a long afternoon of strolling about the town with his grandmother, buying fresh meats and vegetables for the supper they consumed that evening. It was a tranquil day for Tabitha to spend time with her family, she had missed her husband while he attended an important, yet questionable mission in the northern states. But the life of an experienced soldier never remained peaceful, the woman thought it odd though for the High Councilor leader to be sent instead of another decorated soldier or team at the base. Still, it wasn't her place to complain, Tabitha snuggled herself deeply in the cushions of her recliner, the fireplace sparked with life as the flames danced and illuminated the dimly lit atmosphere she rested in. Almost gothic and cursed, but the presence of Tabitha brought a sense of calm, the eloquent woman reached to the end table next to her recliner, picking up the crystal martini shaped glass. Bringing her beverage to her nose, the woman inhaled the strong scent of vodka and other ingredients fused into the liquid. Smiling, the woman finally brought the rim of the glass to her lips, her flesh spreading across the glass, the liquid slowly pouring down her throat; only for a second before she parted her lips. Her red velvet lipstick leaving an indentation mark on the glass as the olives inside swirled slightly before sinking to the bottom. Tabitha closed her eyes as she felt the liquor relax her muscles, the calm in her body was a welcomed one, seems forever since she was actually able to have time to enjoy an evening to herself. Pushing her raven colored hair behind her shoulders, the woman looked back down onto the end table, seeing a wooden picture frame with several photos of her family; the woman smiled at the memories from the past. A photo of Pavlos and herself on their wedding day, his tuxedo pressed and form fitting to his body, her wedding dress white with red velvet sashes to match her husbands under shirt. Tabitha took another sip from her glass as she continued to look at the other photos. Seeing herself hold her son Demitri when we was born, the other photos of his growing with age and time through his schooling years, military and first picture as a cadet with HDF. There was a photo of Demitri and Ali on their wedding day, sharing a loving kiss right when the picture was taken, the sun in the background showing their bodies clearly in the picture without a shadowed silhouette. The next photo showed Ali holding onto baby Neos when he was born, cradled in his mothers loving embrace with Demitri at her side, crying as he smiled down onto his little bundle of joy. Dante and Lily looking down at their youngest sibling, Tabitha chuckled lightly when she saw her husband posing bunny ears behind ALi's head during the photo, without her knowing until Lily mentioned something. The next photo showed Tabitha herself, putting an ice pack on Pavlos' black eye for the stunt he pulled, the man only smiling as he held onto his wife close, his large arm wrapped around her waist in a loving manner. Taking a lazy breath, Tabitha took a final sip from her glass before setting the crystal down on the end table, placing it next to her picture frame. A lone servant girl walked into her living room chamber, carrying a silver tray, another martini glass fully prepared and ready for consumption. Tabitha smiled as the young woman bowed her head slightly, it reminded her of Colonel Demos' way of greeting her, the young girl smiled as well while she took the empty glass and replaced it with the new one.

"Tonight is such a lovely evening Madam, its a shame Pavlos is away on such a night" The young woman broke the calm silence.

"I'm sure he feels the same way Samantha, but he shouldn't be too long, almost two weeks gone and I still miss him since the day he left" Tabitha held her new drink in her hand, the flames on the fireplace burning brightly as the light shinned off her engagement ring. The memory of her husband proposing weeks after a controversial mission made her heart flutter, as if it were a school girls crush over a man. Samantha giggled slightly softly before the two woman jump at the sound of a powerful crashing that echoed from outside the living room. Tabitha slowly stood from her recliner, booming echoes drew closer and closer to their location, Samantha cringed as each noise erupted and became louder, cowering behind her employer. Tabitha stood firm in her spot, but felt a sense of urgency for those who were still inside the mansion. Since Neos was brought earlier on an emergency transport by Vortex on Demitri's order, security measures were taken to ensure the mansion was a fortress to be reckoned with. But by the sounds of the unknown intruder, it would seem that the measures weren't enough. Tabitha turned her head slightly and spoke to the young girl. "Sound the alarms, and get my grandson to safety" Samantha only nodded, rushing to the entrance doors, only to vanish completely as she screamed in agony before being vaporized. A dark, black energy blast shot from the other side of the entrance, creating a large hole on the polished wooden doors as it shot through the walls of the mansion. "SAMANTHA!!!" Tabitha yelled in horror as her friend died in front of her own eyes, but her screams became silent when a tanned skinned man with white hair walked nonchalantly into the living room, holding something hairy in his hand. He scanned the the dimly lit room, finally spotting his target as he strode forward to the woman smiling, Tabitha backed away as much as she could, only to hit the seat of her recliner as she tripped backwards, sitting on her bottom now as Anomander stood over her and the chair all together. Fear rose in the woma'n' soul as he peered down at her, only smiling, never speaking as he marveled her physique before breaking the silence.

"The years have been kind to you Tabitha...or should I say, Madam Touch" The man laughed as he placed both hands on the arms rests of the recliner with snake like speed, trapping the woman where she sat. Tabitha narrowed her eyes in hatred, she remembered the sketches of this man, but seeing him up close, she was more positive it was the same person. "Don't remember me? Well, I certainly remember you, and the role you played sealing me away for so many years. But now my sweet, its your time to pay for your actions" Tabitha smiled as she sat poised, collecting herself as she crossed her arms at her chest, legs crossed in a lady like fashion before speaking.

"I don't recall such a action, but I'm more than positive you deserved it-" A swift backhand met her cheek, sending the woman down onto the carpeted floor as the man laughed, Tabitha shook at the pain, looking back to see Anomander charging another energy blast into his clenched fist.

"I was going to make this easy, but like before, you've always chosen the wrong SIDE!!!" Anomander quickly aimed his arm to Tabitha, sending another black energy blast, but the woman quickly rolled to her side, her body lifted to the air by the shock wave. Tabitha's eyes glowed green, a small current traveling from her toes to the top of her body, her uniform showing when the green wave passed her night gown until she was fully changed. Landing on her feet, Touch charged her own powers once again as her eyes glowed a dark emerald green shade. Anomander wasted no time as he charged, bringing his fists down onto her small frame, only to have it blocked by both of touch's arms. The force was stronger than he had imagined, even to her, the woman grunted as she kept her guard up, more strikes came, one after another as Touch did her best to stay alive. Blocking, countering with her own kick and punch attacks, everything she was born with and learned over the years was being put to the test as she fended against this mad man, sending her own energy blasts towards her attacker, seeing it had no effect on his what so ever. When her powers collided with his body, it didn't seem to bring back any old wounds or sores, nothing was there to be broken down. Once close enough, Touch ducked underneath another energy blast and kneeled directly under the mans body, turning ever so slightly, the woman grabbed the mans thick wrist with her delicate hand, side stepping as she tossed the man to the wall; creating a large dent upon impact. Blood seeped from the side of Touch's mouth, the living room now torn to shreds from the fight, the fire still gave them what little light was needed, especially for Tabitha as she struggled to keep her stance firm. Anomander withdrew himself from his spot, looking down at the beaten woman, simply pointing a finger at her, several shots of energy fired, cutting her legs slice by slice. The wounds stinging greatly before Touch fell to her side, wincing as the blood poured from the deep gashes. Anomander stood over her now, smiling as he enjoyed the tears that poured silently from her eyes. "Farewell Healer, you shall now be number 8 on my list..." Touch looked over the corner of her eye, seeing the item Anomander was carrying in fullness now, it was the head of Berserk. A last screaming facial expression frozen forever on his head before his decapitation, Touch cried silently as she faced her approaching end. Once again, Anomander shot a powerful energy blast down at the woman, only to have it bounce back and strike the man directly in his chest, sending his body through the air as it collided and went past the brick layered fire place. Touch opened her eyes as she felt a strong pair of arms lift her body from the ground in one fell swoop until she was hoisted into the air. The woman looked up to see a pair of hazel eyes look down sadly, her own eyes watered as she hugged the man.

"Pavlos..." She wept, Shield held onto his wife tight as he stood tall now, holding his mate closer as Anomander appeared from the hole he went through.

"My lady...why is he after you?!?!" The Counsilor was worried, and had every right to be. Without commanding, his own powers acted on their own when a volley of blasts shot at the two, Pavlos did his best to hold firm, but with each blast that came at the pair, his own powers weakened. Touch's hands glowed on Pavlos' skin, trying to re-energize her husbands abilities, but nothing seemed to happen she she aided. With a last shot, Shield's barriers broke, making the senior soldier shuffle back quickly as he held his wife in his arms. The councilor was breathing heavy, no one as able to destory his barriers before, slightly shaken, Pavlos stood his ground.

"No one can save you now" Anomander stated as he walked towards the two, Pavlos was frightened for the first time in decades, looking down at his torn wife, he smiled briefly . Remembering their life together in a flash of memories, their work, their love, their son and the future generation was all set in place. Feeling like their time was limited, the man hunched his head down and locked his lips with hers, though the timing and situation wasn't ideal, touch softly welcomed the kiss.

([color="#483D8B"][i][b]I love you Tabitha...[/b][/i][/color]) Anomanders arms transformed into a deformed dark calw, almost in comparison to the nightwalkers appendage as it stretched to the ground. Drawing his new arm back, the man stretched it forward at the couple, Pavlos keeping an eye opened during the kiss, quickly dropped his wife from his grasp just as the claw pierced his left chest, cutting through his heart as it shot out of his bacl. Touch screamed as she saw the blood flow down her husbands uniform, his body remained still in shock as his head hung down. He gazed at his wife, her voice drowned out as his own heart stopped beating, then, darkness surrounded his vision until nothing was left. Anomander retracted his claw and laughed as the former commandant and high council member fell face first into the carpet, Touch crawling to his side as she cried.

"PAVLOS!!!!" She wailed, hugging his body, trying to use her powers to heal his wound, but he turned cold as the minutes passed. Without her knowing, Anomander stood behind the woman as she wept over her husbands body.

"Such a sweet and touching moment, I will honor the mans sacrifice by letting you live woman....for now" The dark skinned man swiped his claw behind touch's head, knocking the woman out as she laid next to her husbands body, blood pouring out onto the carpet and spreading on the floor, Anomander laughed until his voice cut off for a moment, he senses something powerful in the house, something that was familiar to him...yet dangerous. Turning away from the couple, he left to go find the source, tears still pored from Touch's eyes as she laid unconscious. The monster of a man made his way upstairs to the second floor, killing off anyone who got in his path, soldiers and commanders alike, along with innocent servants who were on duty until he came to a large room, blasting the door down once again, he noticed it was full of old schooling photos of the wind wizard. He scuffed at the sickening family resemblance to the Healer and the man he just killed, in the corner of the room, a little boy shivered as he cried to himself, hugging his toy fox as the white haired man drew closer, smiling as he saw the boy in flesh and blood. Too scared to use his powers to defend himself, the boy wept at the sounds of crying his grandmother shouted from downstairs moments ago, all the noise and sounds of items breaking woke the boy from his sleep earlier that evening. "You are the offspring of The mystic and wind wizard together, aren't you boy? Well...no worries, no harm shall come to you, for I have a treat to share" Anomander laughed as he snatched Neos by the collar of his shirt, the toy fox coming to life as a large beastly fox, but the two vanished from sight as Neos screamed for help. The fox sniffed the spot where they vanished before running downstairs, seeing dead bodies lay on the carpet until he made his way downstairs, sniffing out a familiar scent. the fox finally found Pavlos and Touch lying on the ground, Pavlos body turning almost white as the life and soul left him moments ago, the fox whines as he nestled next to Touch, feeling her heart beat as it curled her body into his, keeping her warm and safe as the sun rose in the distance.

~Norther HDF Base~
I just hope...we can find a way to fix these before she comes to" Marcus spoke softly, Demitri nodded in agreement before speaking.

"Me too Marcus, me too" There was a lot of hustle and bustle of rumors that came from the base about Ali's return and the death of three High council members at her hands, Demitri thought her father would be able to shed light on the situation with the information he and Marcus were able to gather. Along with the fact they found Ali alive, yet shattered and torn, should be enough to convince the other members of the council of the actions they had to take. Nevertheless, they had found the one person they had missed do much, and thought gone for so long, it was a sheer glimpse of hope that she would be able to return back to the way she was before,but with her newly formed powers, it would take time and understanding. There was a loud ringing coming from Demitri's phone, the tone brought a sense of urgency to the giant, that was the ring if someone was trying to contact him on his direct personal line. "Watch over her, have to take this, could be from the council members themselves." With that, the giant left the room and the med ward, standing outside of the steel doors as the soldiers went about their business, talking to themselves as they passed the commandant, looking at his as if her had some sort of plague. Demitri put the phone to his ear, but only heard crying on the other end, it was from Circuit.

"Commandant..." She gasped for air through her sobbing.

"Circuit? What's the matter?"

"It's...it's horrible sir..." Demitri tried to calm the young woman down the best he could, she was mumbling and crying too much for the man to understand her words. But finally, she got the strength to speak a full sentence. "Sir...High Council Leader Shield..." Demitri listened closely, but when he heard the news, his heart pressed against his chest hard and sharply, the giant felt woozy as he stumbled back to the steel wall, tears forming in his eyes as the words sunk in. He couldn't believe it...his father, the powerful Shield Athens....was dead. More news came about his mothers condition, she was sent to the eastern HDF base for special assistance since the norther base was full of commotion, they had tried to reach the base earlier, but with all the fighting no one was able to be contacted. Demitri let the hot tears flow down his face as he simply nodded, trying to hold back his emotions as Circuit continued to speak. "Commandant...there's no signs of Neos either" It was the final straw, Demitri closed his phone and clenched it tightly in his fist, cracking the outer shell as Cloak appeared in front of the commandant, he was obviously hear broken at the news as well, but it was being kept hush-hush for now due to the possibly suspect in the murder and kidnapping. Cloak merely nodded as he transported the commandant and himself to the mansion, Demitri rushed inside to see their people securing the area, all the bodies taken out already and scent to the HDF morgue. Demitri ran through the house, calling out his sons name, looking into his old bedroom, he could see this is where Neos was sleeping, and the same room where he was taken. There was some rustling in the closet that caused the man to charge a blast of wind in his palm, turning towards the doors as it opened slightly, the large fox "Sly" slowly came out, whimpering as the blotches of died blood soiled his white fur. "Sly...?" Demitri uncharged his powers as the fox slowly walked over towards the commandant, nestling his head on the mans hip like a cat would for attention, Demitri called cloak back and the man took the three back to the northern base. Once there, the commandant simply walked away with sly at his side.

"Sir...I am sorry for our...your great loss. He was an honorable man...should we" Cloak spoke with a saddened look before Demitri rose his hand in the air to halt his words.

"No, not until we have this settled and finished, until then...not one word" Cloak nodded.

"Yes sir, our highest priority is the man now, I'll have Copy Cat pose as the council leader until things are settled" Demitri didn't answer back as he made his way to his living quarters, tears dropping down onto the steel floor as he walked with the enlarged fox, it too was in pain. Edited by Mage17

[size=2]Marcus held on to her tight, setting her weep and scream into his shoulder as he felt ever shudder and convulsion of her sobs, knowing he couldn't do much else for her except hold on to her now. He let her words play through his mind, focusing the most on when she called herself a complete monster, and he could almost understand where she was coming from. Ten years of his life was spent hunting Sybille, but that same ten years was spent doing other less scrupulous acts, Anomander was on of them.

[b]"Ali, you are not a monster. It's all ok." [/b]He felt her head shake into his shoulder as she spoke through the tears.

[b]"I am Marcus! You don't understand, I've done terrible things! So many people dead."[/b] He could start to feel her pull away, he held her closer then, his grip tightening she started to weakly pound on his chest.

[b]"Let me go! Let me die, I hurt so many."[/b] Marcus shook her then, getting her attention finally when she looked into his dark eyes.

[b]"Don't you ever say that. Don't ever say that Ali."

"It's true! I've done so much wrong, I can't do it."

"We all have Ali, I am no exception. You can't think like that."[/b] The shadows swirled and changed, making a form of large man, a black beard on his face and his olive tan skin showing.

[b]"He's right dove."[/b] They both turned to look at him, Marcus reluctant to let her go as she pulled away and ran to Exodus, falling into his embrace, Marcus moving up and standing close to them with his arms crossed.

[b]"I need answers Exodus, she needs them too."[/b] He held on to his daughter, looking into the Mystics face with knowing eyes, his smug smile not on his face now.

[b]"You always did have a way with words, Marcus."[/b] His face was still stern, but his hand reached out and touched her gently then.

[b]"Why am I alive Shadow Master, her power is absolute."[/b] That grin spread on his face then, Marcus not feeling amused then. Ali was looking up at him then as well.

[b]"You are correct Marcus, it is absolute. But, it's only absolute in an unsure mind."[/b] Marcus raised a brow at him then.

[b]"Yet again, you explained everything and nothing at the same time. Elaborate."

"Well, remember how I told you that her power was based on love?"[/b] Marcus nodded.

[b]"I recall clearly."

"Well, that is how she takes over a mind. She takes their love and makes it everything, consuming their mind and making them her tools. However, when the love is already unconditional and, absolute, her power doesn't work."[/b] Marcus frowned then.

[b]"Her powers worked on Demetri, explain that Shadow man."

"Gladly. You said it yourself Mystic, you have nothing left but my daughter. Demetri still has a family to think about, still has a life left even if she is gone. His love is whole, but it is shared now. Yours is only focused on her, as long as you are alive, she can never touch you with that power." [/b]Marcus arms hung at his sides now, Ali had stopped weeping as she listened to his words. The mystic taking in all of the mans words, he didn't know what to think anymore, just tried to get a hold of everything in his mind now.

[b]"That is, probably the saddest explanation why I survived this ordeal."[/b] Exodus shrugged at him, Ali standing on her own now.

[b]"The truth isn't always heart warming Marcus, you know that."[/b] He nodded then, rubbing his face with one tattooed hand.

[b]"I'm still just trying to wrap my brain around that, my single means for existing now saved my mind? That will take a lot of time to get use to."[/b] He felt her standing next to him then, looking down at her he saw her red eyes, the pain in them and her white hair. It fit the name he had given her well, he heard Exodus clear his throat.

[b]"You know she heard it here Marcus, your mind was not shielded from her."[/b] He nodded as he felt the title fit her better then ever now.

[b]"What is the White Queen?"

"When I was born, I was given a symbol that represented my soul. I am the Red King, my opposite and my equal is the White Queen. Your father has made it very clear to me, no matter what happens, you are my White Queen."[/b] He could see the emotions twisting and battling behind her eyes, all he could think to do was simply lean down and kiss her gently on her head.

[b]"You may be my White Queen, that doesn't mean I have to be your Red King."[/b] She nodded then, seeing the uncertainty in her eyes he fel the world closing in on him again, pushing it away he relaxed as best he could. He heard her speak then.

[b]"How did you find me?"[/b] Looking down at her, he touched his fingers to his chest.

[b]"Your tattoo. Yours is linked with mine now, it came to life when you were on the bed, I simply took hold of that line and pulled myself in here. I can come and go as I please now." [/b]She started at him for several moment, before finally slowly putting her arms around his body, pressing her head to his chest.

[b]"Thank you, thank you so much for coming for me."[/b] He put his arms around her then, glad to be in her embrace again as he placed his face on the top of her head, breathing slowly before whispering to her.

[b]"You ready to go home?"[/b] He simply held her then, waiting for when she was ready to leave the shadows and comeback to the rest of the world.[/size] Edited by Nergil Pendelton

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]She was connected to this man in so many ways, it was unreal to her, unreal that even though they were so connected she still felt a strong pull towards another, she sighed and nodded slowly to him, feeling his arms tighten around her she felt her body pulling her back, she wasn't aware of anything til she felt her mind settle and relax. Ali woke slowly at first, than swifter as her body began to awaken with her, blinking she sat up on her hands and knees, slowly bringing the sheet with her to keep her self covered as she looked around the room, her eyes landing on Marcus as he came out of the shadow realm as well. She looked around more and caught sight of her arms, the scars clear and looking evil on her pale skin, feeling the tears welling up in her eyes she held them back as she pulled the sheet to her tighter.
"Will I have these forever?"
Marcus stood then and put his arms around her, shocking her as he hugged her tight.
"I'll find a way to take them away Ali. I swear it."
She felt her heart melt with his words but than turn cold with the hidden meaning behind them and shook her head as she sighed.
"No. I don't want you to. I can tell that when you say things like that what you mean is you'll find a way to take it for your self. I won't let you do that."
"Ali-"
"No. I'll live with it before I let you take my shame for your self."
She stood, still holding the sheet to her thin frame as she searched for a shirt and blinked as Patch held his red one out to her.
"Here, just use this, you can give it back to me when you want."
She nodded and took the shirt, slipping it on quickly, both men almost visibly flinched at seeing how loose it hung on her, she straightened her self out and stretched her arms over her head, this time both men did flinch at hearing the popping of her joints. She sighed and nodded to the two of them and began to walk out only to stop her a vision flashed in front of her eyes, her mind supplying the image as she reached for the door handle. The Commandant sitting alone at a table, tears trailing her cheeks as a large fox's head rested on his leg whimpering lightly. She stumbled back and put her hand against her forehead, Marcus' hand on her shoulder as she tilted in her spot. Her heart ached, it thumped painfully in her chest as she recalled the look of pain on Demetri's face. Seeing him shake with his grief, able to feel the dull throb of his pain as he mourned a loved one. She took a deep breath and reached out with her power, feeling for the man, feeling a need to find him. She let out a soft gasp as she found him, in his room alone. Grief and pain radiating from him making it easy to find him, she moved than; her feet taking her through the door and down the hall. She had no real idea where she going, or why but something deep down inside her told her she needed to be there. She walked through the halls, the emotions pouring off of the man telling her where she needed to go as she rushed through the halls, not even caring anymore if she bumped into people as she went, her need to get to him growing with each passing second. Rounding a corner she passed a tall, muscular figure who looked back at her.
"Alex?"
She turned and looked up in to the face of Jason, he was shocked to see her as he walked back to her and put his hands on her shoulders tightly, holding onto her as long as he could til she got annoyed.
"I thought...I thought you were dead."
"Apparently so did a lot of people. But that doesn't matter at the moment, I have to go."
With that being said she spun around and began to sprint down the halls now, her lungs burning for air as she tried to find where he was, where his room was; her need to find him becoming desperate now til she passed a door that made her halt instantly. The feelings coming from behind it stronger than anywhere else in the base. She took a deep breath trying to get her breathing under control as she reached up and knocked on the door. She had to wait for a few moments before it finally slid open and he stood in front of her, she looked up into his hazel eyes, now full of pain and blood shot from his crying. She held back to urge to reach forward and take his hand as he looked down at her, a faint sense of longing coming off of the man.
"Commandant, may I come in please?"
He said nothing but moved aside allowing her in, as soon as she was in he shut the door and turned, only to find his arms full of the slighter woman as she hugged him tightly. He looked down at her, curious as she simply held onto him.
"I'm sorry for your loss. Please...if there's anything I can do let me know. I can tell how much it hurts you...I can feel it and it hurts me too. I don't know why but it does. My heart hurts..."
She sighed as he slowly wrapped his arms around her as well, his face dropping to the top of her head as he inhaled her scent, even if it was mixed with the steril smell of the med ward she still smelt like oranges and the giant felt his body relax.
"Alex, what are you doing here?"
She could hear the pain in his voice, the restrained tears he was holding back in front of her to keep face and trying to hold his pain back, she shook her head and tightened her hold on him.
"You don't have to hold back, I can feel it. I can tell how much it hurts. I'm here now...just let it out. Please, it's tearing you apart."
He didn't answer, she was right and he held onto her as tight as he dare as he broke down in sobs again, she buried her face in his chest as he wept, letting him hold onto her like a lifeline. She let him, feeling as if she needed to be here for him, that he wouldn't make it through this without her she held onto him just as tight, silently telling him she was there for him. What he did next shocked her down to her very core, in his haze of grief, the support she was giving him made him feel as if his wife was truly back, remembered all the times they had together, her words matching those his beloved would say to him before her memory wipe, his need for the woman he loved spurring him on, he acted instinctively as he pulled back, cupped her cheek, and swooped down capturing her lips with his own. She heard Demetri let out a restrained moan as he tasted her lips again after so long and she found that as the vibrations of the noise seeped into her own lips her eyes fluttered closed on their own. Her body feeling a heat spread through her quickly as he deepened the kiss with no resistance from the woman. Her small hands splaying on his chest before she gripped his shirt tight in her fists as a passion grew in her she was unaware of, her own throat releasing a moan and snapping him from what ever spell had take over him. He let go of her and took a step back, his back hitting the wall as he took deep breaths and tried to calm his body.
"I'm sorry Alex. Please forgive me...I'm not myself right now."
She nodded, her fingers touching her lips, the heat of his still lingering there, looking up at him she took a step forward, slowly closing the gap between the two of them and stood on her tip toes, her hand curling around the back of his neck and pulling him down into another kiss. Her body reacting instantly, turning from a small flame to a raging inferno of want and need for the man, what was more was it felt so familiar to her and she pulled him down further deepening the kiss til he grabbed her upper arms and pushed her away gently.
"Ali, go. Thank you for coming to make sure I was alright but you can't be here. Not right now. Not when I'm like this and not thinking straight."
She nodded and pulled away from him, her skin growing cold the instant she did, almost whimpering at the loss of his warmth she suddenly gasped as her hand pressed to her forehead, another image swimming into her mind. This man above her, his face split into a gentle grin as he looked down on her, she could feel his emotions pouring into her, his love and devotion taking her breath away as his voice echoed in her mind.
"I love you Ali."
She opened her eyes and looked back at him, her eyes swimming with tears as she looked up at him, his own meeting her's as she walked back to him and reached up cupping his cheek.
"I just saw...a memory I think...we were lovers once, weren't we?"
He blinked down at her unsure of what to say as she continued, her eyes softening with the memory.
"I saw us laying in bed, you were looking over me and you told me that you loved me...I knew something felt familiar with you...that's it isn't it?"
He blinked, tears falling with each blink as he gazed down at her, this time when she stood on tip toes and pressed her lips to his, her emotions surging into him, allowing for him to see what she had seen, and enabling him to feel the want and need she had rushing through her now, he didn't fight her, only wrapped his large arms around her and pulled her tight against him as he deepened the kiss further causing her to moan lightly.[/color][/font]

A simple kiss from his wife could make the giant forget everything that was troubling him, her soft and delicate body held against his strong embrace felt so natural to the man that he would completely block the world off around himself to make it last forever. Though her frame was a bit slimmer than it once was, she was weak and needing ample amounts of food and rest, it didn't bother the commandant one minute, he still remembered the fire cracker of a woman she was before all the changes and scars that covered her body. The revenge she got was justified to Demitri, he would have done the same thing if the situation was different, but Demitri could empathize with Ali. He too knew what torment and pain were, the sense of losing yourself and breaking to someone's will besides your own, the man thought it was the worst kind of pain anyone could ever go through mentally and physically. but for Ali, and her powers, the emotional level must have been at their maximum. Still, the giant inhaled her scent and lavished her body as his hands roamed around her back, letting out small whines as he felt the scars that his fingers traced, it boiled the man's blood intensely and he traced the scars on her back. Demitri withdrew his lips from hers, breathing heavily as he shut his eyes for a moment, thinking back to all the information about his father and mothers attack, and now their son was missing, no doubt in the hands of a mad man who sought after his powers for some weird reason. The giants breathing grew fast and heavy as his chest rose and dropped quickly, Ali placing her hands on his chest as the man thought to himself about all the planning and investigating that had to be done just to find their natural born son. Demitri knew Marcus had to be informed of the death of Shield and the kidnapping, he deserved to know what has become of his son as well, Ali rested her head on Demitri's chest, feeling the warmth of his body heat her own, the vibrations of his breathing brought shivers of delight to the man as she remembered bits and pieces of her former life with this man who held her so lovingly. Demitri finally opened his eyes, looking down at the blurry vision of her hair while his tears continued to drop onto her locks, he was still disturbed about everything and yet after all she's gone through, she was here...back at their home to comfort the man with his own pains.

"Ali....w-w-we were lovers at a time, but I made a huge mistake that drew you away from me and..." Demitri bit his bottom lip quickly, feeling the need to keep all the information about Marcus and Demitri's fight at bay as to not bring back any harmful memories to his wife. It pained the man to be so distant to the one he loved, but he promised he would make things right on his own without a handicapped advantage of their past. Also, he was a gentleman, and gentlemen always honored their words with another, namely Marcus, about their fight to win over Ali's heart. Ali slowly withdrew her head as she looked up at the weeping giant, she could tell he wasn't himself right now, but she was glad to be here with him and support the man who she once fought side by side on so many occasion. Simply, the woman nodded as he released her from his grasp, standing face to face again, Demitri would like nothing better than to devour her where she stood, make love to his wife and remind her in so many ways why they made such a perfect pair. But those desires would have to remain dormant for now, a new mission was at hand, and Demitri was out for Anomander's blood to stain his hands for the loss of his father. There was a knock on the commandants door, both Demitri and Ali looked for a moment, Demitri wiping his eyes to clear his tear stained face as he commanded the door to open, instantly a figured walked through the door. It was High councilor Shield, his exact copy to say the least. Ali gasped as she stood attention to the man, only to receive a whicked smile as the man smiled.

"It's good to see you alive and well Miss. Ath....I mean, Talon." The Councilor stood close to the two, Ali smiling as she got the praise, but she knew something was off with this man, his emotions were hiding something, and they didn't share the same pattern for a male. Still, she kept silent as Demitri spoke to her.

"Ali, I would like you to assemble Alpha Team Elite for an important briefing, this is to be kept on the hush for now, that's on my order. Is that understood?" Demitritried to hold back his own tears as he looked away from the councilor, the painful mirror image of his father was starting to take a toll on the man, Ali sensed this as well as she hesitated to answer.

"Yes sir, ummm...excuse me gentlemen" Ali saluted once more before she left her former home, the steel doors slid open and shut as quickly as Ali left the home. Demitri looking back at Shield as his tears flowed freely now, there was a swift change in the imposter, starting from his head, the small skin flakes changed inch by inch as the height and weight changed as well until the light finished traveling down to the shoes. Standing in front of the commandant was a long blond haired woman, a familiar face to teh man as she saluted swiftly after her change.

"Thank you for the assistance Copy Cat, I apologize for my composure..." Demitri was silenced when the woman embraced the man for a tight hug, surprising the giant as he relaxed moments later.

"I'm so sorry Demitri, when Cloak told me...I don't know how sorry I am for the loss of your father" Demitri fell to his knee as he returned the hug to the woman.

"Thank you, I'm assembling Alpha team for an update on the matter, I would like you to assist in explaining the situation please" Demitri placed his hands on the woman's shoulder as he looked into her blue eyes. She nodded without hesitation before turning heel and exiting the commandants living quarters. Demitri hears some rustling coming from his bedroom, entering, he saw the large fox Sly wake from its slumber, stretching on his large bed as the sheets flew to the floor with a single swipe from its tail. Demitri smiled for a moment before making his way to his bed and sitting on the edge, he could feel Sly moving closer to the man, laying down at his side as he whimpered more. Demitri took his hand and scratched the back of the foxes pointy ears. "I know...we'll get him back buddy, but we're not going to do it alone. Later that evening, all the members of Alpha Team Elite were brought into the Commandants well lit living quarters. Ali was able to borrow some clothes from Pocket until she was able to gain all her original weight back and fit into her own uniform. Everyone was assembled all together: Tank, Luwein, Gene, Jason, Cloak, ali, Demitri, Marcus, Jeff and Sasa sat around waiting for the last member to come in, everyone was skeptical on their new addition, thought it was only temporary as Demitri promised, it was needed for what he had to share with them. The steel doors opened as Shield entered, arms behind his back as he smiled greeting all of those who stood, everyone except Cloak and Demitri.

"Good evening Alpha Team, I'm sorry this has to be a late night meeting, but the commandant has some important news to share with you" Everyone looked at Demitri as he stood straight up from his spot and spoke.

"Alpha team....we're on a new mission of up most importance, Neos has been kidnapped" The words hit Marcus harder than anything as he stood angry and enraged by the news.

"What are you talking about? He was taken out of the base like you told me, to your mother and fathers mansion!" Marcus contained his anger for now, but he would have liked to know this information before they were summoned. Demitri kept a cold stare at the man before continuing, Jason stood and placed his hand on teh mystics shoulder to calm his friend.

"He was, that's where he was kidnapped from" Demitri tried his best to hold back his sadness, he needed to be strong for his team as Ali has been in the past during their missions.

"Wasn't Madam Touch at the mansion? Or you Councilor?" Pocket spoke up, Shield slowly shook his head as he frowned, Luwein and Jason both felt something wrong with the councilor as soon as he stepped in. Luwein could feel the presence of another, not the man who he knew as the councilor, and for Jason, it was easy enough for him to smell the difference.

"Madam Touch is on life support..." Everyone gasped at the news, Dante held onto the arm rest of the couch, feeling pain at the news. "The reason for this is that we suspect that she was a member of the 12 Anomander was seeking...and he found her." Marcus' heart pumped hard and fast, Anomander mentioned something about a Healer and sensed it in Demitri when they were in Russia, but he had let that slip from his mind, he didn't even consider Madam touch being the person he sought. She was a force to reckon with if anyone decided to go against her, the news of her condition hit the man hard as Demitri spoke. "With these photos, we can definitely say that it was Anomander who attacked the mansion" Demitri tossed a manilla folder on the glass table in the center of the living room, the photos scattered all over as each member examined the findings and notes. Marcus picked up a single photo in the living room of the mansion, a large blood spot clearly showed along with Berserks head in the background.

"He got Felix as well..." The mystic mumbled, not too saddened by his death, the man deserved everything he was getting to him. It was a shame they had to protect him in the first place, but that was not his call.

"Yes...and...my father as well" Everyone looked at the commandant questionably, when they clearly saw Shield in the living room as well.

"Demmy, your father is right there, what do you mean?" Pocket spoke, but as she did, Jason transformed fully as he hunched over the imposter shield, sniffing his head and shoulder for the councilors certain scent, but found nothing.

"No, that's not Pavlos Athens. Smells like..." The imposters hand rose as Jason went silent, making his way towards the center of the living room before speaking to the group.

"You're correct mutt" The feminine voice spoke, once again, the woman changed her form and figure to go back to her original state of being, everyone gasped as Copy Cat opened her eyes finally to see everyone's expressions. "I'm not Shield"

"Then...oh my gods..." Ali put a hand to her mouth, she could make the connection quickly, she now understood who Demitri was weeping over when she came to comfort him. The woman couldn't imagine it would be someone so close to him, Demitri only sighed weakly as he spoke more.

"High Councilor Leader Pavlos Athens was murdered, protecting Madam Touch...." Marcus lowered his hand that held the photo he commented on, he too was speechless at the news, Dante slowly whimpered as Gene and Sasa tried to comfort the teenager. cloak lowered his head sadly along with Copy cat. "This new is not going public, that's why I'm having Copy Cat fill his spot to keep moral and suspicions down until we find our target. Anomander will pay for this crime, and we're going to get Neos back in one piece." The tension in the room was a sad one, but everyone knew their mission at hand, Ali felt rage build into her frame, the baby boy was very close to her indeed, as she looked at Marcus and Demitri, she could tell for sure she wasn't the only one feeling rage. Sly slowly made his way to the living room, nuzzling against Ali's leg softly, she jumped at the surprise to see a St. Bernard sized fox appear out of nowhere, but she relaxed after a moment as it laid his head on her lap.

"Is that Sly?" Jason questioned.

"Yes, obviously in some kind of attack or defend form to protect Neos, but looks like it wasn't' successful, and only Neos can control when he's a stuff animal or live animal at his own will. For now, he's stuck like this." Demitri spoke once again, Marcus scanned the fox clearly, it was Sly, and the transformation was incredible, but without Neos to change him back, he would remain a large fox. But then Marcus thought to himself, there may be a connection to finding Neos with Sly's help, if the boy cannot escape to the shadow realm, then there might be a possibility to use sly to locate his master, their son. Time was of the essence as the group continued their planning for tracking Anomander.

[size=2]Marcus' muscles were tense at the thought that Neos was gone, that Anomander had finally gotten a hold of him now. A low growl had come from him as his mind swam with so many thoughts, trying to find any of them that would help him find Neos. Hearing about Shields death was demoralizing, especially when they saw that it was Copy Cat, he was tempted to reach out and throttle that woman, but he accepted her role for the time being. He looked to the giant fox now, seeing that he was only a matter of a thought to turn into the giant hound that he was. He could see which one he was, being called Sly was just the name the fox went by, he knew this ones name.

[b]"Gear, come here boy."[/b] The fox looking at him then, trotting over as he rubbed his head gently.

[b]"Gear? Thought that was Sly."[/b] He heard from someone in the room, Marcus just looking at the giant fox now.

[b]"Sly is the toys name, Gear is the hound inside."[/b] Marcus pushed his chair aside then, rubbing down the fox as he looked into its eyes.

[b]"Can you show us where he is boy?" [/b]The fox lowering its head in a whimper, knowing he couldn't find him now. He patted the creature on the side of its head.

[b]"It's ok boy, the are six are with him. Blind will keep them safe."[/b] The hound nuzzled up to him then. He heard a voice clear and looked up briefly to see Demetri now.

[b]"Gear? Blind? They have names?"[/b] Marcus nodded as the fox laid on the ground at his feet now.

[b]"Neos hounds are all named. The powers that run in my family are all different, we all have different spirit animals, we all have different symbols to represent us. Neos, however, was chosen by his spirit animals. The Seven hounds of Shadow, my grandfather talked about them often enough."

"What are the Hounds of Shadow?"

"They are the guardians of the Shadow realm, they have many myths about them. Most common one is they guard some sort of throne, a throne of the all of the Shadow realms. Anyone can take it for themselves, person who sits in it takes control of Shadow."[/b] Marcus eyes wide then.

[b]"By the gods, that's what he wants now."[/b] He saw the look in Demetri's face too, both of them seeing the reality of the situation. Marcus finding it hard to understand.

[b]"Anomander knows the Throne is only a myth, I've spent a lot of time looking for it. I found a multitude of other things, but never the throne."[/b] He heard Demetri snap his fingers then.

[b]"What if only Neos can find it, if the hounds chose him, they know where it is. They will lead their chosen person to the place, He wants the hounds to show him."[/b] Marcus saw it all connect then, knelling to Gear again, he rubbed his head, focusing his energy then. And ethereal crow pulling itself from his chest, the bird settling on the large foxes shoulders, holding on tightly with its talons.

[b]"Gear, can you find him, if you leave the fox?"[/b] He could see the fox head look back at the crow, the talons holding on firmly to the hound underneath. He saw the answer in the hounds eyes, Marcus looking to the crow then, the bird flapping its enlarged wings, ripping the hound from the body and both vanished then. The stuffed animal falling to the ground now limp, Marcus rising.

[b]"Gear will find him, we won't have much time to act once he finds his location. Anomander will recognize the tag I put on him, we will need to move fast."[/b] Marcus felt his heart pounding then, his eyes shifting to Ali then, seeing her frail form and her red eyes. His heart longed for her, but he knew he needed to focus on getting Neos back, and finally killing Anomander.[/size] Edited by Nergil Pendelton

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]It didn't take long for Marcus to get the location, telling Cloak where it was they all gathered around the man as he transported them to where Marcus had instructed, she could feel her rage building; the boy she had seen and held having such an innocent face and demeanor, the thought of any one hurting him making her rage build til she felt it under her skin, boiling and roiling. She felt the pressure than and tried to control it as best she could, tried to reign in her power before it expanded and hurt those around her, she could feel the dam on her powers crack and she closed her eyes trying to get it under control and unable to, til she felt a large, warm hand wrap around her's. Looking down she saw Demetri's hand holding her's tightly and she squeezed back, finding comfort in the simple act, her power and rage dwindling down to a low simmer. She took a deep breath and let it out as they arrived, the area dark and menacing looking, instantly she felt the consuming fear break through and she fell to her knees gasping for breath.
"He's here. I don't know where exactly, but the boy is here. I can feel it."
The others around her nodded and spread out as the clouds rolled in, the small plain they were in shrouded in shadows and clouds as they began to look around for some clue as to where the boy might be, Ali found it first, the small scrap of clothing, the same color as the boys bed clothes. She stood and looked around searching for something else, anything, her own need to find him shocking her as it began to boarder panic. Her breathing becoming erratic and her heart beating against her ribs now. She took deep breaths trying to calm her nerves but nothing seemed to work as her own fear mixed with the child's. Demetri's voice breaking through her thoughts.
"Alex, are you alright?"
She shook her head and put her hand over her face, her breathing still irregular as she looked around the area.
"I can't pin point where he is... I'm scared Demetri...what if something has happened to him? What if he's hurt? What if-"
"Ali, calm down, he's fine."
She nodded slowly as she tried to regain her breathing, she looked around slowly and flinched as an image flashed in her mind, the boy huddled on the ground with the wicked man standing over him frowning and screaming at him to open a rift, she gasped and fell to her knees letting out a whimper as the man back handed the boy at his feet making him wail, she came back from the image and tasted blood in her mouth as the same wound appeared on her own cheek, all the members shocked to see her hurt, Demetri kneeling next to her.
"Ali, what happened, what's wrong?"
"He has him, that bastard has him and he hit him!"
Demetri took a few steps back as he saw her power roll off of her in waves as her rage escalated, seeing the boy cry, seeing him in such fear had driven her over the edge the grass shifted as the wind began to howl around them, the skies turning darker as she stood slowly, the immense power flowing off of her making the grass at her feet wither and turn brown as she walked past them and towards the area she had seen the boy. Her pace was measured and they reached it within a half hour, the scene just as it had been in her mind, the boy was huddled in the grass sobbing as Anomander stood over him and like a shot she was gone, her feet moving before she had even made the choice whether to kill the man or not. She wrapped her fingers around the man's throat and lifted him from the ground her power pulsing from her hand now, the others watching as the skin of his neck turned grey and began to wrinkle. Marcus blinking.
"She's aging him...I've never heard of a confessor doing that."
Demetri shook his head.
"No, she's not aging him, she's taking the life from him, taking his will to exist."
Marcus looked over at him.
"How do you know that?"
"I can feel it, just like she did with the grass on the way here, her killing intent was so strong that anything she touched, be it human or environmental followed her command and perished with out a second thought."
"But her powers don't work on him."
"Apparently with her being as angry as she is, they do now."
Ali tightened her grip in him as he tried to pry her off, growling in her face as she growled back, the battle of wills and powers clashing through the clearing, the silent thunder rolling around them as she released her powers over and over into the man, he finally reached up and wrapped his hand around her throat, his fingers extending into jagged claws, his other arm twisting her own behind her back, her body and muscles still weak from her torture as she gasped in pain and growled at him as he looked down at the boy.
"Open the rift or I'll slit her throat boy, you wouldn't want that now would you."
He looked up at her with his big brown eyes and Ali fought harder seeing the fear in them, the others had been running to catch up but they all stopped as Anomander growled and brought his claws across her throat, making scratches deep enough to bleed but not kill. Neos screamed as he tried to scramble to his mother, the wind picking up to howl through the clearing as Demetri's eyes turned white, Marcus' body glowing white hot as the two men powered up, Jason transforming and standing close to Pocket as she brought out her scythe, Sasa and the others charging and arming themselves as well as Anomander turned to them and licked her blood from one of his claws.
"So sweet to the palate."
He laughed as they charged him, Demetri going to her side instantly to see her still breathing and awake.
"You'll be alright Ali. I promise. You'll be alright."
She nodded slowly before she reached up and cupped his cheek.
"I remembered something else."
He smiled slightly, trying to remain calm and keep her calm as well.
"What's that?"
"I remembered I love you."
He took a sharp intake of breath and felt his heart beat quicken as he spun on Cloak.
"Get Patch here now!"
The man nodded and was gone in a swirl of black as Demetri guarded her as they all fought to defeat the man who had been eluding them for so long now and causing so much pain to them as they fought for their dead loved ones and comrades.[/color][/font]

One by one the members of Alpha Team Elite fell to their defeat by the hands of Anomander, it seemed in the shadow realm he was more powerful than he was in the human world, all the attacks thrown at him seemed to only bother the man and not effect him one bit. Demitri now stood toe to toe with the man, both men grappling one another as their hands intertwined, Demitri charged his electrical currents into the mans body as they held onto one another. Sparks flew as the other team members lifted themselves from the ground or stayed back from the electricity that flowed around the two men, Anomander simply looked into the wind wizards eyes and smiled, knowing he had the upper hand.

"I'm afraid you've grown quite boring my boy, be gone with you" The man spoke, channeling his dark electricity back at the commandant, Demitri unable to withstand the assault as he yelled in pain, finally releasing Anomanders hands as his body flew backwards and skidded on the ground several times before stopping. Ali looked onto the battlefield as he friends fought the monster of a man. Neos still held close at the mans side, anyone who tried to come near the child would be struck down or forced to retreat as Anomander attacked with his powers of darkness. Marcus began to charge towards the mans blind side while Gene and Jason made a direct attack approach, the ice mystic firing a freezing energy blast from his palm when the two got closer, Jason gave a mighty howl as he jumped into the air to distract the dark being. Anomander simply smiled as he deflected the freeze blast and shot it straight up to Jasons location, hitting the werewolf in his shoulder as the ice turned black while it encased his right arm completely. Gene grunted as he attacked Anomander with a flurry of punches and more ice attacks, finding an open spot to grab Neos, he extended his arm, only to have it grabbed by Anomander and twisted sharply, bringing the iceman to his knees. "Such foolish attempts to claim something that is no longer yours" He scoffed at the soldier, lifting his arm and swinging Gene in a circle before launching his body at Marcus, the mystic was caught off guard when gene's body collided with his own, sending the two rolling backwards as they yelped in pain. Jeff used his powers to slowly levitate Neos ever so slightly while Sasa distracted the man by firing her rounds from her pistol. Pocket dashed to the side of Anomander, her scythe in her hands as she swung furiously at the man, only to receive a laugh as he mocked her attempts to harm him. "Foolish girl, have you no fear in me?" Anomander caught the blade of her scythe in his bare hand, holding tight as Pocket tried to free her weapon from his grasp, she glared at the man with hatred in her eyes as she grunted.

"Your a monster, and like monsters, we'll take care of you" She continued to squirm as she held onto the staff of her weapon, Anomander laughed loudly as his free hand transformed into a dark shaped claw once again, Pocket gasped at the sight as he lifted his limb into the air to strike the girl down. Calypso was scared frightened when she heard Jason cry out her name in warning, closing her eyes, feeling as if she was about to be stricken down by this monster of a man. But nothing came, seconds passed until Pocket opened her eyes to see Tank grabbing the deformed claw and twisting it behind Anomander's backside, the man was obviously shocked he didn't notice the teenager come from behind, both grunted and struggled as Tank held on tight, the claws blades and talons cutting into his own armor deeply.

"Run Calypso" Tank shouted over their grunts, Pocket managed to get her weapon free, but spun around quickly and made a direct hit to Anomanders chest, or so she thought. Finally staying still, she saw she had struck Tank in the chest deeply as the boy yelped and fell on his back, shocked from pain as his body twitched a little, Calypso gasped as she knelt down next to the boy.

"Oh Gods Tank I didn...." Her voice was cut short when Anomander appeared behind the young girl, grabbing the back of her neck as he raised her body into the air, Pocket kicked and screamed from the rough grasp as the man laughed. Tank tried his best to stand, a heavy force struck his chest as the boy screamed, the shadow mystic stomped his foot down onto the boys wound, paralizing him in his spot. More bullets hit Anomander in the back by Sasa's weapon, but nothing seemed to do damage to the man.

"You see how futile it is to come across my path? Those who have are now dead, as you all shall be" The man turned his body as the arm that held Pocket rose and fell to the ground, still holding the girl as her head bend forward as her body arched from the impact. Jason saw the black ashes rise from the ground, seeing Pocket unconscious drove the wolf man wild as he struggled to stand, the encased right arm was heavier than he had expected, feeling his shoulder already dislocate itself from the socket as he drug his arm on the ground.

"POCKET!!" He roared, Anomander simply enjoyed the battle ground he created, nothing could touch him. He could see Marcus stand on his feet once again as Demitri rose his body with the support from his arms, grunting as he peered over the Patch and Cloak tend to Ali's wounds, she was deeply weakened by the travel to the shadow realm and the attack by Anomander was more to add onto her body's stress and frail form. Demitri finally stood up on his own two feet, seeing Jeff concentrate on extracting their son, the commandant knew they had to keep the distraction going. Marcus' runes glowed brightly as he peered over to Demitri, seeing his ally weakened but still willing to fight gave him the drive he needed to stay focused and steady, Demitri's eyes glowed white as the wind and electrical energy flowed through his body as he braced himself. Both men needed no words to share as they dashed for Anomander, Tank was still his prisoner along with Neos, they had to do what they could to get the children away from the psychotic man. Demitri pumped his legs hard and fast to add to his speed, a clear direct attack was his choice, he was unsure about Marcus, but knowing the mystic for so many years, he already had something planned. Once he got close enough, Demitri released the full extent of his powers as he extended his hands arms towards Anomander as he stood tall and firm on top of Tank, two powerful wind tunnels escaped his palms as the wind force blew past the commandant and made a direct hit towards his enemy. Anomander simply stood as the wind funnels hit his body, but he created a gap as the path was blocked, making the wind pass his body at his sides, the man laughed at the futile efforts to save the children.

"And you're the commandant of the base why?" He scoffed at the wind wizard, Demitri only smiled as he continued holding his place.

"Because chump, I'm not alone and I'm never ashamed to ask for help..." With that, light shinned at the bottom of Tanks body, a single rune flashed and vanished, suddenly, several ground like fists popped upwards. The surprise attack caught Anomander off guard as he was sent to the air, Dante yelped and coughed up blood from the sudden release of pressure from his bleeding wound, Neos crawled over to his eldest brother as he sobbed, holding onto his arm tightly. Dante grabbed Neos by his waist and held on tight. Jeff saw the opening as he lifted the two boys in the air, flying them towards his direction as Sasa covered them as they landed roughly on the ground until the rolled to Jeff's feet, the teenager yelled as he covered Neos body from the impact. Jason finally made his way to Pockets side, the werewolf scooped the girl into his free arm, cradling her head as she stayed unconscious. The wolf man growled deep in his throat as he slowly stood up , holding Pocket close to his chest. Anomander finally landed on the ground, hovering before his feet touched, then slowly making a comfortable land before he growled angrily.

"You will return the boy to me" Jeff stepped over Dante and Neos and stood in front of the two, Sasa at his side as Marcus dove down to cradle his son, still hysteric at the pain he felt from his slaps and beating. The mystic's heart sunk as his child wept in his arms, covered in Dante's blood as the teenager gasped. Demitri finally made it over, holding Gene's body on his side as the ice soldier grunted in pain. Jason finally making it back to the formation, before anyone could speak, Anomander charged the group, firing off his dark energy blast at them, one blast struck Demitri in his shoulder, going through his body in and out as the commandant yelped and fell on his back. Another shot made a direct hit to Sasa in her chest, sending the woman flying backwards as she passed out on the ground, Marcus thought quickly as he summoned a light shield that protected the group from the rest of the attacks. But like councilor Shield, it too was becoming weaker and weaker with each strike to their barrier. Anomander drew closer to the barrier of light, but a dark figure appeared in front of him, opening up the flaps of his cape, cloak hovered in the air as he blocked the vision in front of Anomander, the darkness of his cloak swirled in the air as Anomander was a couple feet away. Quickly, several figures rushed out of the portal as they collided with Anomander. The newly healed Ali dealing a flying kick to the mans sternum, Luwein striking with his staff at his stomach while Patch dealt a hard right hook to the mans jaw, the force from all three strikes hitting the man at once was enough to send him flying several yards away from the ground as the trio landed on their feet. Cloak hovered slowly to the ground himself as Marcus released his energy barrier, Demitri coughed more blood as Gene patched the wound by sealing ice over the bleeding area. Ali and the rest regrouped with the others. Ali gasped as she saw Demitri's condition, diving to her knees, the woman held his head to her lap as he spat blood onto the ground.

"Are we dead?" Demitri joked, but Ali didn't smile as she looked over to Marcus as he held onto Neos, still crying while Jeff held onto Dante's hand. Patch lifted Sasa in his arms as he spoke to the group.

"We have the boy, we should escape while we can" Marcus shook his head.

"We came here to finish this, and that's what we're going to do. No more running away or playing hide-and-seek Patch" Marcus replied, without warning, Anomander manifested himself from the ground with one of his muddy portals, similar to the ones they saw in Russia as he sprang up to surprise the soldiers. Before anyone could act on attacking, the man unleashed a wave pulse of darkness, sending everyone flying backwards as the electricity shocked their bodies while they cried in pain. Neos fell unconscious as he flew back, but Anomander extended his claw arm and grabbed the boy by the neck while Marcus landed on the ground. Groans of pain escaped everyone's mouth from the surprise shock treatment, but they all looked up as Anomander held Neos close to his own body, holding the child by his neck with a single arm. Ali and Marcus grunted through their teeth as they tried to stand, but their muscles were too torn and healing to do anything, the rage built inside of the woman as her powers manifested in front of her enemy.

"Now now, this is something I've claimed to be mine, and I won't give it back so easily" Anomander turned to walk away from the group, but stopped dead in his tracks when a pack of beast like creatures surrounded and faced the dark skinned man, Anomander was somewhat surprised to see them all here together. He knew the creatures were powerful, but never knew why they showed up to aid these people. The beasts barked and growled as they drew closer, Gear in front of the pack slowly lead the others as they drew closer.

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali groaned as she got to her feet, looking around at the other her and Marcus were the only ones in any condition to fight, she growled and pushed her weakened body to it's feet. She stood firm once she got her feet under her and took a deep breath locking eyes with Marcus she smiled sadly.
"When I tell you, get Neos out of there."
His eyes widened slightly and before he could say anything she charged, her feet hitting the ground over and over she dashed forward, she leaped at the last minute and brought her fist down into the back of the man's head, he turned slowly on her with a scowl.
"I thought I told you he is mine."
"I won't let you have him! I won't let you hurt him again!"
She lashed out with her left foot and smiled as he caught it, wrenching her leg backwards she brought him off balance and smashed her fist into his face screaming as his dark energy spread across her arm turning her skin black, reaching forward with her other hand she latched it around his throat and growled as the dark energy began to consume her.
"Ali!"
She looked back at Marcus and shook her head stiffly.
"Stay back!"
She reared her head back and slammed it forward headbutting the man, her forehead splitting from the impact, blood seeping from under her bangs to run in a small trail down between her eyes, she smiled wickedly as the man blinked, shocked. She could still see the hounds, waiting for their chance to attack but she wanted to get as many hits in on him as she could, she brought her knee up into his stomach and screamed out in pain as it twisted in an unnatural angle, the resounding snap echoing all around them as the wind continued to pick up. It was than she saw her chance, she took a deep breath and clamped her teeth down into the flesh of the man's arm causing him to yell out.
"Stupid woman!"
He slammed his fist down into the top of her head over and over, Ali's vision become less clear as black began to creep around the edge of her sight, she refused to release him as she bit down harder on him, she reached down with her stiff arm and grabbed one of her knives and shoved it upward into the man's ribs, finding the space between two and finding her mark in one of his lungs. He gasped and coughed as he let go of Neos. The boy scrambling to his feet and running to Demetri who held him close as they all watched the woman grapple with the dark being now, her teeth still embedded in his arm as she pushed the knife in her hands as far as she could into his lung. She grunted as he surrounded her entire body with the dark energy, her eyes watering from the pain as she still refused to let go of him, she brought her good leg around and twisted it around the back of his knee and pulled knocking him off balance, the two of them toppling into the grass as they began to roll over each other, him finally dislodging her teeth from his arm and slamming his elbow down into her chest, she screamed out as another loud crack was heard around them, her sternum cracking painfully as she went limp in the grass trying to catch her breath, finding it hard as every breath she took shot pain through her chest and limbs. Anomander looked down at her spitting a glob of black blood down at her, the mess hitting her cheek and smearing with her own red blood as it covered her face from her split forehead.
"Foolish woman. You honestly thought you could defeat me?"
He held a hand to the knife wound she had given him, unable to pull the blade out, her having pushed it all the way into his flesh til there was nothing left for her to hold onto. He growled down at her and brought his foot up before slamming it down into her chest, finishing the deed of breaking her sternum, she screamed as pain consumed her now, her eyes watering profusely as she curled in on her self and began to rock on her back, her hands held to her chest as she gasped for breath.
"You might not be one of the 12, but I am going to kill you. You have proven to be more trouble than your worth. This time though your death will be very real, there will be a body for them to bury and a true grave for them to visit."
He laughed, cruel and wicked as he transformed his hand into a massive claw, ready to strike her down when he felt the wind knocked out of him, her steel toed boot lodged between his legs and into his groin.
"I don't care...if you are some...kind of monster..."
She tried to catch her breath as she spoke.
"Your still...a man."
She coughed as she brought her foot down, blood coating her tongue and teeth as she coughed again, Anomander roared as he brought his clawed hand down into her stomach, piercing her flesh and causing her to scream, the sound cut off in the middle as her breath vanished, his dark energy sparking across her entire body turning her skin stiff and black. She looked towards Demetri and reached for him as her body turned into a black stone figure. The team watched in horror as Ali now lay motionless on the grass, a black statue, Marcus and Demetri unable to move for a few breathless seconds as they looked on her now, Neos the first to move as he dashed from his father's arms to his mother.
"Mommy! Mommy wake up!"
His tears fell onto her stone face as he tried to shake her, Anomander laughing above him.
"This time boy your mother won't be coming back."
Neos looked up as the man brought his foot up into the air, every intention of slamming it down with enough force to break the woman in half, Neos screamed and lay down on his mother's form, covering her with his own body, the hounds now jumping into action as they lunged for the man. Demetri's eyes sparking white as he stood ignoring his own wounds, Marcus' power trickling out from his body as Demetri spoke, his voice deep with pain and fury.
"How many times do we have to lose her? How many times must some stupid bastard harm her or take her from us before it's enough?!"
The two powers clashed, much like they had on their trek to the council room, only this time there was no intention of stopping them as they walked towards Anomander now, both men out for blood as Neos sobbed over Ali, the sound of the hounds jaws snapping and the growls they sounded off echoing through the clearing as the team tried to shield them selves from the back lashes of power the men were shooting off as they prepared to end the wicked man once and for all. [/color][/font]

[size=2]The energy swirled and tore through the emptiness, fighting to cling to something to tear apart anything. The powers only finding one another as they crashed and slammed into one another, the powers trying to assert their dominance between the two. But for Marcus, everything was silent, the world devoid of sound and life to him. The tendrils of his power reaching out then, trying to find anything to squeeze.

[b]"This will be for all who have passed."[/b] Marcus drawing his swords then, holding firmly the two blades in his hands, feeling their weight difference, how they each were crafted by a different hand. Marcus felt the men's soul reverberate through his body, the white hot light slowly slithering down his arms towards the blades.

[b]"For Iron Bars."

"For Anna."[/b] Marcus heard those words only, their powers coming together to make their minds one on this one task alone.

[b]"For Diamond."[/b] Both mean still walking forward, their hearts no longer heavy as they spoke their names.

[b]"For Razor."[/b] Their powers slowly starting to becoming cohesive, the wild nature slowly becoming tamed, the white energy still moving ever closer to the tips of Marcus blades.

[b]"For Felix."

"For Mist."[/b] The tendrils no longer searching for a target on their own, no longer feeling to snatch anything and destroy it without mercy. The power folding around Marcus, Demetris follwoing suit, both energies becoming more compact, the deadly intent seeping into the very air now.

[b]"For Claire."

"For Pavlos."[/b]He could hear the pain in uttering his name, the word fueling Demetris power further. The light finally coming ot the tips of his blades, the light moving around the weapons, the metal looking almost liquid now.

[b]"For Exodus."[/b] They stood only a measly foot from the dark skinned being, the Hounds having pulled away since, their muzzles bloodied and their bodies tensed. The black blood dripping from their teeth, their muzzles still pulled back, Gear still holding a slab of flesh in his teeth before dropping it, growling lightly at the bloodied form, still standing now. his white teeth tarnished by the black liquid oozing from him.

[b]"You can't kill me! I will never die!"[/b] Their faces were cold then, nothing would touch them now, not as long as they were in this state. Marcus pointing at Anomander with the blade in his right hand, the one Iron Bars carried. Demetri mimicked the motion without looking, pointing with his left hand instead.

[b]"For Ali."[/b] They said in a single voice, the black skinned man gritting his teeth, eyes eyes bulging then as he growled.

[b]"Never!"[/b] He roared at him, summoning what power he had left lashing out with it with a wild sense, no feasible direction, just reckless ambition. The power turned away then, neither feeling its corrupting touch then. They kept their eyes on him, never blinking as they continued to point.

[b]"This is where it ends. Die."[/b] Anomander roared then as the power form the both lashed out in one massive assault. The black skinned man reaming standing even as the pressure built on him, peeling his skin away, his muscles tearing from his bones as he defied the attack as long as he could, his eyes still looking forward, until he suddenly saw a small figure standing between the two men, the runes visage of the large boy showing all of his sadness in his eyes.

[b]"This is for my mommy!"[/b] Neos struck with his power then, adding his strength then, a blinding flash following as Anomander screamed in defiance as the light consumed the world. None of the three blinking as the light burned bright, then vanished, leaving the world dark again, nothing left in front of them save for the hounds. Marcus lowering his swords then, the light snaking away and finally evaporating, the wind dying down and everything becoming calm again. Both men standing with their heads hanging low then, the feelings returning then.[/size] Edited by Nergil Pendelton

([color="#0000FF"][i][b]It's over...its finally over. Dad....[/b][/i][/color]) Demitri thought as he peered to the ground of the shadow world, dark and black as before, even before Anomander came to seemingly take over this realm, it was still nothing but darkness and empty thought. Demitri realized this is where Marcus and Neos did their training, to expand their sons powers on a plain Demitri could never reach, he had to hand it to the mystic, this was a game he could not win over with their son. Marcus' heavy breathing filtered in the giants mind, he too was exhausted from the final burst of energy they used to defeat their enemy, but the mystic seemed to be more effected in this world, but only slightly as Demitri fell to one knee, feeling the blood escape from gene's ice patch on his shoulder. The man became woozy and huffed for great amounts of air like Marcus did, but even that was becoming difficult for the commandant. Marcus picked up Neos in his arms as he knelt next to the commandant, placing a hand on the mans broad shoulder before looking back at the group. Jason held Pocket in his arms while Jeff helped Sasa and Gene to their feet. Luwein assisted the wounded tank to his feet but barely, the teen was obviously more heavy than the smaller boy, but he managed without complaining. Cloak knelt down next to the stone figure of Ali, along with Patch as he scanned with his powers for some sign of life, there was only a faint reading, but it was enough to convince the man she was still alive. Marcus looked down at the commandant now, seeing his wound continue to bleed through the melting ice.

"This place is not for everyone to stay in for a long period of time, and with the powers you let released when fighting was drawn on your stay here. We have to evacuate immediately, for the others might be effected as well." Demitri nodded as he stood slowly, feeling the burn from his wound along with the numbing ice that surrounded the area, the man finally made it to his feet before both en saw a flash at the corner of their eye. It was blinding at first, Patch and Cloak groaning at the surprise brightness that caught their sights, but slowly the light dimmed to an acceptable level as they saw clear flesh instead of stone on Ali. Slowly, her body morphed back to skin and muscles, her hair free once again to blow in the wind as her fingers laid on the ground of the world. It was a marvel everyone thought impossible.

"AlEX!!" Demitri shouted, slowly making his way to the woman, finally standing over her body and the others who knelt, Demitri joined them as he too knelt down next to patch.

"I don't even know where to begin sir, but I can fully say the effect of Anomanders powers are nullified now. She's back to normal" Patch smiled weakly as he scanned her body with his glowing hands, the green light surrounding his body as he hovered his hands over her slowly. Feeling the pulse and heat radiate from her body was a happy sign to the man, Demitri weakly smiled as well, holding onto his wifes hand tightly with his free arm, Neos smiled as he hugged Marcus around his neck. The hounds surrounded her body along with the other members of Alpha Team. There was a large groan that caught everyone's attention, the group looked over to Tank who hissed with his eyes closed, Luwein trying his best to support his body while the teenager wiggled in place. Jason knelt down quickly, still holding onto Pocket in his arms, but he seemed to be weakened as he growled, shaking his head as if to stay awake. Marcus looked at each member of the group that seemed to be effected, even the commandant, the shadow realm only allowed certain users inside for such a prolonged period, and now the others were feeling the effect as well. It worried the mystic, things could get ugly is they stayed any longer. The marked man looked down at the commanant and the others who knelt, Patch was starting to feel the effects of the world as well, falling to his side as he laid next to Ali, he was weakened, the commandant seemed to be nodding off where he sat. The only ones unharmed by the effects of the world were Luwein, Cloak, Neos, Pocket, Ali and himself.

"Cloak, it's time to go" The man nodded as he stood up, holding onto Ali's body in his arms, without saying a word, the cloak around his neck opened up and blew as if wind had fought against it. The cloth grew enormous as it surrounded the group, the black smog adding the darkness effect for a moment, Neos looked behind Marcus back as he saw Gear looking directly into his eyes.

"Come on Sly!" The boy cried, Gear barked as he rushed over to the group, jumping and vanishing from the shadows with the rest of his family, the other hounds broke formation and went about their own ways. Back at the HDF back, the group reappeared outside of the compound, just as the sun was about to strike high in the sky, indicating it was soon to be noon, suddenly everyone's effected pains from the shadow realm wore off, but they still felt their own pains from the battle. The doors to the large base opened up slowly, a team of medical officers dashed outward to the commandant and other members of Alpha Elite, those who managed to walk escorted themselves with the medics at their side. Tank was taken on a stretcher, along with Ali and Pocket while the others went on their own to the med ward. As the group passed the halls, they were looked upon by the recruits and lower ranking members of the base, all of them in awe as they saw the commandant and his team battered and injured from their recent mission. Marcus looked down as he held onto Neos, the child now sleeping in his embrace,holding onto his stuffed fox "Sly" in his stuffed plushy form, the mystic smiled that they were able to get him safe and sound. Despite the markings and red areas around his cheeks from the slaps he had gotten from Anomander, the child was perfectly fine on the outside. Commanders Voice and Shock Wave came down the hallway with the twins Recharge, both twins holding onto Lily's hand as they saw the team enter the med ward.

"Mon, Dad!" She gasped, but was held onto the twins as they all entered.

"Don't worry girl, they will be alright with time" The doctor spoke to Lily as Demitri laid on his back on the hospital bed, groaning from his injuries, he laid next to his wife Ali, who had some IV's injected into her system. Marcus sat upright on his hospital bed, assuring the medics he was fine, but they checked him out just as a precaution. Dante laid on his back on the opposite side of the room, Lily rushed over to his side and grasped his hand, the teen turned his head and smiled down to his little sister. The commanders stood over Demitri's body as they spoke.

"Sir, we came to inform you that Madam Touch is out of danger, she is no longer on life support" Commander Shock wave stated, Patch raised an eyebrow as his arm was being bandaged.

"What do you mean? Touch was on Life Support?...when was this?" He questioned, Demitri groaned at the remembrance of his mothers condition, but he was more than happy that she was healing nicely and not on a machine to breath. The words from the commanders slowly died down as Demitri fell into his own world, trying to rest from his injuries and have a personal mental moment on his own to collect his thoughts. At the time being, his family was safe, his mother slowly recovering and the man man known as Anomander, who's murdered so many and destroyed countless lives, was now dead. To Demitri, he considered all of that to be one hell of a mission accomplishment.

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]She woke up slowly, her body still sore as she moved about on the bed, she smelt the medical ward, rolling over she sat up slowly and put her hand on her forehead as it throbbed painfully.
"Where are we?"
Patch's voice sounded beside her causing her to look up.
"Your in the med ward, your safe."
"Anomander?"
"Gone, Marcus and Demetri finished him off."
She nodded slowly looking to her side to see Demetri laying in the bed next to her, she felt her heart warm and sighed as she lay back down slowly. The med room was silent now, Marcus having left the med ward to take care of Neos and the others all sleeping, she jumped as she felt Patch's hand on her's.
"I'm glad your alright Alex, I was worried about you."
She nodded slowly, trying to pull her hand from his, finally pulling away from him she closed her eyes again as she tried to rest only to sit up quickly as the door burst open and a few of the new council members walked in quickly.
"Commander Athens!"
Ali blinked a few times before pointing at Demetri.
"There's Commandant Athens, I'm Talon."
The woman shook her head, her pale purple hair shifting with the movement.
"I am talking to you Athens, what the hell happened? You and your team came back covered in wounds and come back with a missing child!"
Patch slapped his hand to his face, groaning as Ali blinked a few more times before frowning.
"Why don't [i]you[/i] tell [i]me[/i] what the hell is going on?! My name is Talon, not Athens! [i]His[/i] name is Athens!"
She pointed back towards Demetri who was beginning to wake up, Patch trying to hold her down as she began to breath heavily, the woman frowned deeply.
"Commander Athens, this is no longer humorous. I understand that Commandant Athens is your husband, but these jokes are uncalled for."
Ali froze as her breath caught in her throat as Marcus walked back in to check on how everyone was doing.
"H-husband? I...I thought we w-were just...."
Her eyes rolled into the back of her head as she passed out, Demetri coming to fully as he rolled from his bed and caught her before she rolled to the floor, Marcus by her side now.
"What the hell just happened?"
Patch glared at the woman he returned the glare.
"She let it spill that Demetri and Ali are married!"
The two men looked towards the older woman, both men shocked before frowning deeply, their voices melding together.
"You did what?!"
The older woman frowned further.
"What? I called her by her name."
Demetri shook his head.
"She had her memory erased! She didn't know we were married!"
The woman's eyes turned wide and she looked at the younger woman passed out on the bed.
"I am sorry, but this is important, when your team is back to full potential, you are headed to London, Baast has been sighted."
Demetri nodded slowly.
"As soon as we're able we'll leave."
Marcus sat on the bed as they looked at Ali as the woman left them alone.
"Great, now what do we do? She wakes up she's going to have alot of questions."
"We'll answer them the best we can. Til than, we need to get as much information on Baast as possible."
Marcus nodded slowly as they both sat looking at Ali lost in their own thoughts about how she was going to take the information when she woke up.
Her head hurt, she felt sick to her stomach and weak; cracking open her eyes she groaned slightly bringing her hand to her forehead, a shadow moving over her and effectively blocking out the light...til another shined down on her, a cold hand peeling back her eye lids and shining the light into her eyes making her growl.
"Alex, are you awake?"
"Awake enough that if you shine the damn thing into my retina again, I'm going to hurt you Patch."
He chuckled and helped her sit up, the room empty except the two of them, she sighed and ran her fingers through her now pale hair and closed her eyes as everything swam back to her.
"Patch...the old lady...what she said-"
"About you and the Commandant?"
She nodded slowly before looking up at him, her blood red eyes boring into his green ones.
"Yeah, that...was it true?"
He remained silent for a few moments, her eyes staring into his and making a shiver run through him before he sighed.
"Yes, it was true. You and Demetri are married."
"Are? You mean...as in still married? But I don't have a ring or anything like that..."
Patch nodded before speaking again.
"Alot of things happened, you left him for a while cause of a stupid mistake he made that hurt you pretty deep. It was during that time you disappeared and- Where are you going?!"
"To hear it straight from the horses mouth...as it were."
"I haven't cleared you yet Alex."
"I really don't think I care, and I really don't think you want to try and stop me."
She walked out than, her stomach in knots, her skin feeling over heated as she rolled the information around in her mind, it made her stomach twist...but in a pleasant way as the thought of her being married to the man brought her thoughts back to the kiss they had shared. She had felt the passion he held for her in that one kiss, felt his need for her and she had answered it with her own. The feeling of his arms around her, holding her tightly made her cheeks flush and her heart beat quicken. She than thought back to the battle they had all just gotten out of, her words to him than.
[i]'I just remembered something else....I love you.'[/i]
She felt a fire burn in her now, and the need to find him flared through her as she made her way down the hall. She stopped first at his living quarters, knocking and asking the teenager that answered if he was home. Getting a negative from the boy she left, not seeing his knowing and happy smile as she walked towards the man's office. Upon entering people stared at her now slack jawed and full of wonder, most of them looking as if they had seen a ghost. She didn't bother knocking as she opened his door and stepped through, shutting it behind her and locking it. She looked towards him now, the man sitting behind his desk pouring over a large pile of papers.
"As you can see, I'm busy. What it is you'll have to wait til later. I'm almost done here and about to go check on my wife so if you don't mind I would like to be left alone."
She cleared her throat making him look up, his eyes widening slightly.
"No need to check on me. I came to find you."
"Ali I-"
She held up her hand as she walked towards him, her hair swaying with the motion of it and she saw his eyes travel her body before meeting her's again, she saw the movement of his throat as he swallowed the saliva in his throat as she drew closer til she stopped in front of his desk, her hands resting on it as she bent slightly and looked him in the eye.
"I want to know what happened...everything. Depending on how this goes...depends on if I walk out of here, or if I act on what my body wants right now."
He cocked his eye brow up curiously.
"And what exactly is it telling you Ali? I don't think I've ever heard you use that phrase before."
Instead of telling him, she showed him; walking around his desk she moved towards him, watching as he moved away from his desk still seated. She sat down on his legs, straddling him effectively and leaned forward pressing her lips to his softly, feeling his hands grasp her thighs tightly she could feel him shiver under her touch as her hands rested on his large chest.
"Now...will you tell me?"
She began to trail kisses down his jaw and neck til she reached his collar bone where she stopped and sat back up looking down at him, waiting for him to answer. [/color][/font] Edited by Knuckles' Girl

Demitri pondered at the words she spoke, still light headed and weak from her touch and kisses, when Ali planted her hand on Demitri's chest, he felt the world of problems lift from his shoulders once again like it always has before. He didn't realize how long it had been since either of them had a simple glance at one another, stood next to one another even if for a moment to relax, or even made love and share the special bond they've made countless and countless times before. the giant looked down at his wife, slowly healing from her injuries sustained by the twisted High Council members when she was their captive, the woman's burning desires clearly flooded through the mans thoughts along with her worries and hesitation about the news that would be spoken about their past love and their battle to keep it as time grew. Demitri took a deep breath before closing his eyes, his body shook as he held onto his wife tighter, feeling her body pulse at his grip made the man weak in the knees, but he was at last complete with her once again, alone together as he had always wanted. The commandant cupped his index finger and thumb under Ali's chin as he tilted her head upwards to meet the mans gaze, her eyes now shining with new life and light, much more lustful and surging with energy that before. The giant knew she had the right to know about everything that had happened, she deserved to know the hardships and struggles they went through, the countless battles side-by-side and the rewards from said battles. It was time.

"Whether you leave or not, that's up to you Ali. I pray to gods you stay...for us, and for our family..." Raising an eyebrow, Ali was bewildered about the comment, but after hearing about her relationship with the commandant, she was quick to speak what was in her mind and heart. The slender woman squeezed her hand that laid on Demitri's chest, grabbing hold a large ball of his shirt fabric before taking a breath.

"Neos...and the other small children...ours?" She held her breath, lips quivering at the thought, it was scary to her, almost frightening...but yet there was a part of her that was excited to hear if her thoughts were actual true. Demitri took a soft swallow of air before answering.

"Dante and Lily are adopted, we've had them for two years since you've rescued them...and Neos is our natural born son." Ali gasped at the answer, tears slowly forming into her eyes as she laid her head on the mans broad chest, feeling swooned with emotions and slight memories enter her mind as if a tidal wave of information ran through her veins. Demitri could hear small huffs coming from her, Ali's breathing intensified and picked up its pace, but the giant held onto her as her body leaned into his, tightening his embrace of his wife.

"Ali...are you ok? Speak to me" Demitri shook Ali lightly as she calmed down, never letting go of that man she was remembering slowly as the information settled in her mind, it took her a moment to speak before she opened her mouth to answer back, but she was ready for the rest. Placing a hand on her forehead, Ali messaged the flesh of her scalp softly, feeling a somewhat "brain freeze" feeling on her temple areas was sending shovers through her mind, but she relaxed enough to look up at Demitri with a slight smile.

"Dizzy, but fine..." Ali suddenly felt a wave of nausea hit her as her body dropped on its own, Demitri reacted in enough time to catch and hold onto his wafe, without thinking, the giant swung her body in mid air, catching her legs and holding her bridal style as Ali threw her head back in surprise. the lightning fast move with sudden urgency surprised the young empath as she lifted her head back up to look up at Demitri. The giant looking down at his wife with worry and fear that swirled in his hazel eyes. It was something almost new to the woman, she could feel her cheeks burn as her body acted on its own, her arms lacing around Demitri's neck as he held onto her, it was something odd to the woman, but yet...it felt so natural and right for her to be so close to the commandant. They had done this many times before, but now it felt all brand new to the girl. "Demitri...." The giant said nothing as he moved his body to walk to his bedroom, no, their bedroom. It didn't matter about technicalities or grammar corrections, Ali was his wife through thick and thin, nothing was going to change that for the man. Entering their bedroom, the giant stood at the edge of their bed as he laid Ali down gently on the soft mattress, the coolness of the sheets was something of comfort to the woman as she sighed in relaxation, taking note of the way Demitri handled her fragile body with his hands. Demitri himself knelt down on the side of the bed as he brushed the stands of hair away from her face softly, his fingers brushing against her skin made the man himself heat up from the slightest touch he felt from her. Ali finally relaxed herself as she found a pillow not too far from her, reaching her arm to grab hold of the soft rectangular bedding item, placing it under her head as she laid and kept her gaze on Demitri, never lingering her stare. "If there more...please tell me. I want to now everything Demitri...everything." Demitri nodded as he took his thought into consideration before speaking more. But she was right, she did need to know everything, and she had every right to.

"I'm just wondering where to begin..." The man weakly smiled as he finally collected himself. He began to divulge all the information about their service with HDF, their growing love, the battles and scare son his body, their interactions with Sybille and the other members of Alpha team along with current events. the argument they had at the ball, the fights Marcus and the commandant have had, the children and deaths of Anomanders targets, especially his father Shield. Everything was out in the open as Ali listened and nodded, her own emotions fluctuating from the memories she originally wiped from her mind.

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Her head was hurting slightly, and she pressed her fingers into the skin of her forehead trying to relieve some of the pain.
"All of this really happened?"
"I wouldn't lie to you Alex."
She nodded slowly and looked back up at him, her eyes meeting his, a small warmth spread through out her body as she looked into his warm hazel eyes. She felt her body relax and gave him a small smile as he reached forward and took her hand.
"Ali, I just want you happy. No matter what."
She nodded slowly, taking her time to sit up, she looked into his eyes still and reached out, her small hand resting on his cheek.
"Out of everything you've told me, and everything I'm remembering only one thing continues to stand out to me."
"What's that?"
"I love you."
She saw his eyes widen slightly and she smiled more, leaning in she matched her lips to his and sighed at the feeling of it. His rough, slightly chapped lips under her's made a shiver of excitement run through her. She gasped as she suddenly found her self under the man, his large hand supporting the back of her head as he loomed over her deepening the kiss. She closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around his neck, finding the small tie to his hair she undid it and ran her fingers through it and hearing him sigh into the kiss, she gasped as she felt his hot breath wash over her neck, his words soft.
"I've missed you Ali. I've missed you so much."
She nodded slowly.
"I understand. I've felt like there was this pull to you. I didn't understand it than, but I do now."
She gave a small squeak as she suddenly found her self rolled over, straddling the man again, she watched as he wiggled free of his shirt, her eyes instantly on the scars on his chest, her fingers tracing them lightly.
"Guess I'm not the only one with scars am I?"
He shook his head, his warm hands finding their way under her shirt to trail along the scars on her back, she felt her back arch on it's own at his touch.
"You have no idea Ali...no idea how much I missed you, missed this."
She nodded slowly, her hands still following the marks on his chest, hearing his breathing begin to come out quicker at her touch. She could feel his skin begin to heat, see the small beads of sweat rising from the skin of his forehead. She leaned down and kissed him gently, slowly sighing as his hands continued to roam the small of her back. She sat back up slowly, lifting her shirt from her body she saw his cheeks darken some, saw his breath quicken as he looked up at her.
"Ali...I- I don't want to do anything your not sure of..."
She shook her head and leaned back down kissing him again sighing as his arms wrapped around her.
"I'm your wife Demetri, you are my husband and I love you. If nothing else I remember that and I want that once again. I remember many of the times we made love...in those time we were happiest. I want that again. I want you again Demetri."
She gasped, a small smile playing on her lips as she found her self under the large man again, a low growl heard coming from him as he bent down and placed kissing along her skin, she buried her hands in his hair arching her back, trying to get closer and more than pleased as he put his hand on the small of her back and pulled her against him.
"Gods Alex, you can not imagine how much I have wanted to hear you say those words."
She nodded, unable to speak, his emotions flooding her, filling her mind and her heart making it unable for her to speak. She moaned as he matched his lips to her's once again.
"Demetri. I love you."
He looked down at her, his breaths heavy and deep, his hazel eyes blazing with desire for her and she accepted it and matched it with her own as she stared back up at him til he swooped down once again and captured her lips with his. She felt her body begin to burn as his hands continued to roam her skin, the sensation causing her thoughts to fly from her as she accepted to man and everything he had to offer her, with no regrets. [/color][/font]

Calypso opened her eyes slowly. Remembering Tank and what she did to him, she sat up suddenly.

[b]"Tank!"[/b]

A hand gently pushed her back on the med ward bed and motioned for her to be quiet.

[b]"It's okay, Tank is tougher than that. He'll be fine."[/b]

Calypso looked at who was trying to reassure her. It was Jason. His sister was out of the med ward and spending time with Demitri, so he had come back to see the girl he had helped carry back to the base.

[b]"Oh, it's you Jason."[/b] Calypso said, trying to smile.

However, she failed and tears came to her eyes as she remembered the battle with Anomander.

[b]"I'm sorry, but I was so afraid that Tank was going to die. And I had killed him."[/b] Calypso sobbed.

Jason did the only thing he could think of and wrapped an arm around Calypso as she let everything out. Finally, her sobbing slowly stopped and she said four words that surprised Jason like nothing else.

[b]"Jason...I love you."[/b]

[b]OOC: Sorry for the very short post, I just want to get back into the RP and I have to run. ^^;; Also it's about time Calypso revealed her feelings.[/b] Edited by Lilt

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Jason stood shocked for a moment, her words heard just fine on his sensitive ears, his heart beat quickened and he let a wolfish smile cross his features before he dipped his head down and kissed her softly, pulling back his grin only grew at the blush on her cheeks.
"I'm glad to hear that Pocket. I love you too."
Her blush deepened making him chuckle as he swooped down and kissed her once again, his deep laugh rumbling through her as she hugged him tighter, he leaned back from her again, smiling still, pressing his forehead to her's.
"It took you long enough Calypso."
She frowned and smacked him lightly, his chuckling making her blush more.
"I love you Pocket."
She smiled shyly before pulling him down for another soft kiss.
"I love you too Jason."

Neos cowered in the corner of the room as Tank rummaged through the area, his eyes glowing white much like their father's but there was something wrong with him.
"Big brother?"
"Where is it?!"
Neos whimpered and put his hands over his head as a book bounced off the wall close to his head, tears began to well up in the child's eyes and small sniffles came from him gaining the teens attention.
"Boy, you know what I seek, where is it?"
"Big brother...your scaring me..."
The laughter that came from the older boy made Neos stiffen in fear.
"Big brother?"
Tank's hand lashed out grabbing Neos by the front of his shirt and lifting him into the air.
"Wrong child. You might have escaped me once, but not again. Where is the throne?!"
Neos shook his head, tears now pouring from his eyes as he sobbed, Tank threw him to the ground.
"No matter, I'll finish the task at hand, and than come back for you. I must finish finding the 12."
With that Tank stalked from the room, his hands held in an almost claw like form as he walked out, stopping and facing the little boy who still huddled in the corner of the med room, he pointed his finger towards him, Sly hissing before he transformed into the large dog, growling dangerously. Tank frowned before turning and walking away. Neos grabbed a hold of Gear's collar and pulled him self to his feet, wrapping his small arms around the large dogs neck tightly before clamoring onto it's back.
"Find Daddy."
Gear nodded and bounded from the room in search of Marcus.

Ali sighed as she rolled over, the well muscled arm draped across her hip making her smile, she rolled over facing the man as his hazel eyes cracked open to meet her's a content smile spreading on his handsome face. She reached up and cupped his cheek as he pulled her close to him, his warm skin causing her to sigh happily. Putting his forehead against her's he kissed her slowly before burying his nose in her hair.
"Gods Alex, that was amazing. I almost forgot how wonderful you are."
She felt her self blush but nodded to him before kissing him.
"I'm glad I remember you Demetri."
He nodded, pulling her closer if possible, Ali's head rushing with images of a few hours ago, the passion shared between the two had been immeasurable. She looked back at him smiling happily.
"I don't think I ever want to leave this spot ever again."
He growled and buried his nose in her neck inhaling her scent and nibbling on her skin lightly.
"I'm just so happy to have you back, after everything, your here with me."
"I can't imagine being any where else."
He smiled against her skin and sighed as they heard the buzz of his cell phone from his pants, he groaned as he moved away from her, her arms grasping the sheet to keep her self covered as it moved with him. She watched as he bent over the side of the bed and retrieved it from his pocket, her eyes roaming his scared chest.
"Athens. Yes, she's with me. I can have the team assembled within the hour why?"
She could hear the other voice speaking urgently through the phone, Demetri's eyes going wide before he pinched the bridge of his nose.
"Yes, yes I remember. I'll have them all there in an hour. Of course. Thank you."
He locked eyes with her and suddenly hugged her close to him tightly.
"We have a mission in an hour. We need to get ready. You left a lot of your gear here if you just want to stay."
She smiled.
"I'll never leave again."
His smile grew and he bent down kissing her deeply causing her to moan lightly.
"You said we have an hour?"
Demetri nodded, catching the glint in her eyes he pushed back onto the bed gently making her laugh lightly.
An hour had passed and Ali paced the small room waiting on the others to show, all they waited on now was Marcus, she looked up as the door slid open, the mystic bent over breathing heavily.
"We have a problem!"
Ali was at his side in an instant helping him to a chair where he sat, his breathing harsh as he squeezed her hand.
"Marcus, what's going on?"
"Tank's missing."
Ali looked up at Demetri, both of them seeing the same look of panic in each other's eyes, she looked back down at Marcus.
"What do you mean he's missing?"
"N-Neos came to m-my room with Gear...t-told me..."
Ali rubbed his back trying to calm him, help him catch his breath, she looked at Demetri who let out a curse.
"We have to go to London. Baast has been spotted there. The sooner we get her and eliminate her, the sooner we can get back here and find Tank."
Ali frowned slightly before shaking her head.
"No. We stay, we listen to what Marcus has to tell us than we decided. It's our son Demetri. I'm not about to just walk away without knowing what's wrong with him."
Demetri pinched the bridge of his nose again before rubbing his hand across his face.
"Your right. Marcus, tell us what happened."
Marcus nodded as he continued to right his breathing. It was than that Ali saw the slight changes in his runes. some seemed as if they were fading, while others looked more sinister. She would ask him about them later, right now she was worried about Dante.[/color][/font]

[size=2]He sat in the chair for several moments, the run itself hadn't been enough to wind him, it was the panic that tried to settle in that Anomander might still be alive. That his spirit, and his mind might have survived after that huge release of energy. Marcus still had a hard time believing the whole thing, that burst of energy from three users should have been enough to completely wipe out anyone from existence. After a few more deep inhales, he felt his throat loosen enough for him to speak again.

[b]"Gear found me in the Archives. Neos...... he told me things I'm still having problems believing."

"What is it Marcus?"[/b] Ali said, all he could do was look into the red eyes of hers before speaking again.

[b]"He..... He said that.... Anomander lives."

"That is impossible! We destroyed him!"[/b] Marcus nodded at Demetri's out burst.

[b]"I thought so too, but it seems that we were unsuccessful in our assault."

"How is that possible? We all witnessed his complete and utter destruction."

"Again, I'm not sure how he survived."[/b] Marcus had to lie then, he had an idea how it was possible. But, it only made sense for someone like Anomander, and Marcus knew next to nothing about him but he felt his assumption was right, that every question he had was already answered, it just needed to be found.

[b]"I think someone needs to find Tank, see if he is safe, and if we are all really in danger."[/b] He heard from a familiar voice, he didn't bother looking as his mind raced and searched for a way through the block, trying to break the memory barrier and then it hit him. He came back from his world, seeing the team talking now as the debate raged on what to do. They had now found themselves at an impasse, they could either go after the god, or they could stay behind to handle Anomander once more. Marcus could see Ali still standing near him, her attention still on the group as he rose then, his voice becoming louder a she enhanced it with the power of his runes.

[b]"Everyone else should go, I will stay behind."[/b] He saw the faces turn back to him then, all eyes focusing on his dark face, the looks going over his runes, some seeing the subtle difference, others not noticing. Marcus had noticed, and when he had seen they were changing, he knew something was wrong, but he couldn't put his finger on it, even when it was on the tip of his tongue.

[b]"Marcus, let me at least leave someone else with you. If he is still alive...."

"No, take everyone. I will be fine on my own, the God needs to be handled and the more people you have, the sooner you can all return. But, I need to stay here, I can at least hold him off long enough if it comes down to it."[/b] Standing as tall as he could, he remained steady, even thought he knew his knees wanted to give out on him. He wasn't sure if he could really hold out against Anomander right now, he still felt weak from that fight, and found he was slow in recovering, it disturbed him greatly, but he did his best to shield his thoughts and his expression. Demetri nodded after several moments, Marcus feeling the relief surge into him. bowing his head to all of them then.

[b]"I will see you all when you return, I will begin my task now."[/b] He left the room then, Neos standing outside the door with Gear, the hound still manifested into the real world for the time being. Marcus reaching down and rubbing the hounds head then, feeling the rough fur on his hand as he looked to the boy.

[b]"Can you get Gear to find Break, I need his help."[/b] The hound took off then, not needing the commander of the boy to begin his search.

[b]"Go with him, explain to him I need to see him in the archive room."[/b] Marcus left then, giving Neos a quick hug before they both went their own ways. Marcus trying to find the answers, but all he came up to was a wall in his mind, and that gave him the idea to find Break finally. To have him breach the wall and finally reveal to him what he had hidden away deep in his thoughts. He made his way back to the archives, going back to the table full of files, data and information on anything that could have mad Anomanders appearance make more sense. He also had the files of every person who had passed, Iron Bars, Plavos, Mist, and many others who now were resting in peace. Each person was displayed before him, standing before them, he placed his hands on the table, looking at everyone on the table, he couldn't understand the connection. Even when he removed Iron Bars from the equation, it still left too many questions, and not enough answers. He was becoming consumed by this, the answers that taunted him that were just out of his grasp, on the tip of his tongue, on the cusp of his awareness. It was driving him insane, he was about ready to scream when he heard the door open, not bothering to look he felt the hound come up and nuzzle up to him, Neos following as he grabbed on to Marcus then, pulling himself from the table and looking to the last figure.

[b]"Break, good to see you. I need your talents."[/b] He looked at Marcus then, but not with surprise or with interest. He looked at him with a knowing look, as if he had been waiting for this for some time now. Marcus could see it, how he held himself and how he seemed to be carrying some sort of burden.

[b]"You already know why I brought you here, don't you?"[/b] Break nodded.

[b]"You told me, years ago, that you would call for me. I've been waiting to hear from you since that day."

"I see, well, I must say. I never knew I would be able to pull something like this... on myself."[/b] He saw Break give a small laugh before walking up, standing before Marcus then. The Mystic could see the burden in his eyes, and he still didn't have the answers. Break raised his hands, placing them on the side of the Mystics head, his index fingers on Marcus' temples as every other finger touched a rune, carefully placing them on each mark he looked into his dark brown eyes.

[b]"Ready for this Marked Man?"[/b] Marcus simply nodded, feeling his muscles tighten up as he waited for what was to come. But, nothing could have prepared him for it. The dissolving of the barrier in his mind was painless, but the sudden rush of thoughts, of feelings of memories was almost crippling. He felt his body stiffen and ready to crumble to the ground then, a scream trying to wretch itself from his throat but finding that he was still silent. His eyes shut tightly as everything slammed into him, finally opening his eyes he found himself on his knees, his breathing heavy and his body sweating. His teeth were clenched and his jaw was sore from how hard he had been pressing his teeth together, he looked up slowly, his vision swimming a little then as he came face to face with Gear then. The muzzle in his face as he looked into the eyes of the hound, seeing the longing in them he hadn't seen before. He rose slowly, unsteady but supporting himself on the table as he looked at the files again, his breathing coming back under control as he could see it now, the connection so simple now as he moved Plavos out of the equation as well, bringing them files together again he felt a heaviness settle in his heart again.

[b]"Break......I got them all killed...... all killed for a secret."[/b] He felt his body tremble lightly then. Break coming up and touching his shoulder then.

[b]"What secret Marcus?" [/b]He kept staring at the files, seeing all the information come together again.

[b]"We couldn't kill him Break, back then he was a part of the darkness. So, we sealed him away, we broke his power, broke his soul into pieces. We carried all of those pieces inside of us, each one a piece of him. We thought, it would be enough."[/b] Break turned Marcus around then.

[b]"What are you talking about Mystic?"

"The others who were killed, except Plavos and Iron Bars. We were all part of the ritual, it started when Exodus and Claire died. We didn't know, I had their minds wiped when mine was wiped. All to hid a secret.......Break, I killed them."[/b] A hand smacked across his face, pulling him back from the surge of memories.

[b]"What secret Marcus?"[/b] He almost yelled at the mystic now. Marcus shook his head then.

[b]"The secret of the location of the Throne of Shadow......... MY throne Break."[/b] He let the words fall from his lips, feeling the magnitude of them as it settled in finally.[/size] Edited by Nergil Pendelton

Demitri's inner core shook violently, though his exterior seemed calmed and unnerved by the information Marcus told the rest of the team, he was frightened for the first time in a long time. The man who they thought to have been destroyed after his rampage of killing friends and family members...was still alive. Physically or spiritually, it didn't matter how but the giant know knows the murderer of his father was alive and possibly around the base somewhere. What he didn't understand was the need to find Tank so desperately, but they again, his eldest son was prone in the past to be manipulated by those who were stronger and in power over the teenager. Demitri closed his eyes as he tried to think of a solution to their current problems, one of the gods stayed in London and needed to be found and destroyed, or the very least dealt with, and now Anomander has made his way back into their lives after such a short lived break period of peace. Demitri grunted through his teeth as he though, but he felt something warm wrap around his large hand, it was warm and comforting to the touch, the giant looked down as he opened his eyes, meeting Ali's eyes in a loving stare. She was concerned as well, more so for the news of their son possibly being in harms way, but also a loving look to let Demitri know that everything will be alright, at least, that's how the giant translated the warm embrace of her hand. Demitri gave a slight smile as he turned back to their group, seeing all the members ready to head out and face their new mission. Pocket stood comfortably close to Jason as the wolf man wrapped a hand around her slender shoulders, Gene and Sasa mimicking the action while Jeff and Luwein stood on their own ground ready to head out to London. The doors opened once again behind Demitri and Ali, both turned around to see Cloak and Patch enter the room, followed by the imposter High Councilor Shield, who everyone knew was Copy cat.

"We're ready to head out with you Commandant, everything has been arranged" Copy Cat stated as she transformed back into her original female form, Demitri raised an eyebrow at the statement, before he could speak to protest, Cloak began to talk.

"The High Council has gone under lock down after the deaths of three of their members, but after all the information of their years of service and their plot to control Commander Ali Athens, everyone is going under extensive memory scans from Break and other psychics to make sure there were not other members of the council that was in on the plot." Ali grasped onto Demitri's hand tighter, remembering the events that took place during her time of supposed death thanks to Madam Pain and the others.

"I know of that, I signed the paperwork and warrant, something that will probably get in into a lot of trouble, but with the written permission from the other commandants from the surrounding bases, it was more than enough to..."persuade" them into accepting the terms of condition. But, I am still concerned for the presence of you Copy Cat, I would advise that you stay and remain under the cloak of my father to keep moral up." Demitri still hurt on the inside, knowing his father was no longer with them in the living world.

"Sir, I made sure that my position was the first to be scanned, its a process that will take at least up to 4 days to perform for all the mind readers, on a single person to make sure their scans are thorough. They will not be missing Shield while the other 453 members of the council are undergoing the search." Copy Cat replied. "Also Sir, it seems your team is down a couple of members, we can make that up. Transport, Medic and Spy agent to assist in the search for the god in London." Demitri nodded, they needed all the help they could get, and with their powerful mystic staying behind and Tank gone missing, their power house hitters were limited to Demitri and Gene for projectile attacks. The commandant stood straight as he nodded, the three new members huddling next to the rest of Alpha Team Elite, Ali took the folder with the information that was collected on their new target.

"So, finally we have a chance to take care of one of them" Demitri nodded as he looked over to Roger.

"Do it" Without a response, Cloak's black smog engulfed the room until everything was pitch black, the travel only took seconds, but the team finally saw the light of day, the whole team reappeared in between the alley way of two town home complexes. The black smog slowly vanished into the air as everyone adjusted to the new light and humidity of the country, there was something new added, they were all dressed in civilian clothes. Everyone marveled at the new skills Roger had gained. "Well, this is a neat little trick" Demitri commented as he looked back at his transporter agent, but was surprised to see his friend wearing a pair of cargo shorts with a tank top shirt, showing off more of his defined physical body. Ali raised an eyebrow before speaking.

"Well, who knew you worked out Roger" She snickered for a moment, the man blushed lightly before crossing his arms.

"I thought this would be better than going around in regular uniform, we have to be careful. from your reports on the attack at the Ball with Sybille, Set already knows your identities for those who were there. We're not sure if he's conspiring with his siblings, so extra precaution should be taken....sir" Cloak looked around, seeing some of the civilians looking as they passed at the group huddled in a tight circle. Jason did his best to not scratch his ears dog style with his leg, his bare feet and toes clinging to the brick ground trying to resist the urge. Calypso took the hint and scratched underneath his long hair at the spot that made the man weak at the knees.

"Alright Alpha Team, fan out and keep a close eye for anything suspicious, this is the area where Basse was spotted, or thought to be spotted, so lets keep it close and tight." Everyone nodded at Demitri's command, the group leaving one by one in pairs until it was Demitri, Ali and Luwein left in the alley, the couple held hands as Luwein sat upon Demitri's shoulders. Playing the role of an innocent child while scanning the area with his heightened senses and powers.

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]Ali moved through the streets with Demetri and Luwien, she glanced up at the young man in child form and felt her heart leap for a moment. He looked almost exactly like Jason when he had been a child...almost exactly like their father. She frowned more and put her hand on Demetri's arm to halt him.
"Luwien, can I ask you something?"
Luwien looked down at her and nodded slowly.
"What were the names of your parents do you know?"
He shook his head slowly as he looked back down at the ground, his face turning down in a slight frown.
"My uncles last name was Hope. That's all I know."
Ali felt her heart skip a beat, as she looked at him more and more she began to feel it quicken again, feel her head start to pound and her breath get shallow.
"H-Hope? You said he had a s-sister?"
"Yes, my mother. I was always told she was beautiful, she had snow white hair and pale blue eyes. Pale skin and a gentle heart...at least that's what my uncle would always say about her...He would also tell me of my father, that he was a pain, immature and reckless. But he always made my mother smile...made her laugh."
Ali looked at the ground below her feet and frowned, she could feel that there was something missing, something that was important, she looked back up at him perched on Demetri's shoulder.
"Lu...do you...do you remember your mothers name?"
He nodded slowly, his face turning into a slight pout as he thought about his mother.
"C-Clair. Clair Hope was her name. I do not remember my fathers name...Uncle never told me."
Ali froze, she looked up at him, her eyes wide and her throat dry, reaching up she tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention and gestured for him to return to normal size, once he was his original size she studied him, not thinking it possible, but the more she looked at him the clearer it became.
"Lu...was your father...a man named Exodus?"
Luwine's eyes got large and he took a step forward reaching out to her, she lifted her hand towards him as well and jumped as a near by trash can upturned. From with in it came a cat, a large black cat, it's green eyes bored into her's. Looking at it she felt the frown take shape on her face, felt the fear bubble beneath the surface. She pushed Luwien back towards Demetri as the animal began to shake and grow in size til it was the size of a small bear, the large head reaching her chest and it's paws roughly the size of dinner platters. Dropping into a fighting stance she reached behind her and drew out the two curved daggers she carried with her now and held them infront of her. A cool, feminine voice sounding from above her.
"Calm your self Archon...they are guests."
Ali watched as a woman came from seemingly no where, she was tan skinned and beautiful, glossy black hair hung to her hips. She wore a purple cotton cloak around her shoulders and what looked like a gold dancers out fit covered her body. The golden color set off her skin and made her look exotic and rare. She felt Demetri move beside her and looked up, her eyes wide as she saw the look of wonderment on his face.
"Demetri!"
She grabbed hold of his wrist and gasped as he pulled away from her and continued to move forward towards the woman, she smiled sweetly and Ali gasped able to see the fangs in the woman's mouth, her beautiful green eyes suddenly shifted into a menacing yellow, feline in complection and look. Rushing forward she kicked Demetri in the chest sending him back towards Luwien who caught him with a grunt and held up him.
"What's happened?"
Demetri shook his head, his palm pressed to his forehead as she tried to clear his thoughts.
"I think we might have just found our Target. Get the others here now!"
Ali hissed as she felt claws dig into her arms, looking down she frowned as she realized that it wasn't claws, it was in fact the woman's nails, the woman looked up at her and let out a hiss of her own, sounding more like a wild cat that a person.
"Why have you come for me human? What do you want?"
Ali jumped back, retreating out of the black panther's line of attack just as a large paw swiped at her.
"Who are you? What did you do to my husband?"
Ali jumped, feeling the large hand on her shoulder she looked up, Demetri now stood beside her but he was collected this time and not easily caught off guard, the woman chuckled and flipped a long strand of hair behind her shoulders, smiling and showing her teeth.
"I, stupid woman, am the powerful Baast. And you?"
"We are the HDF, we've come to put a stop to you and your master."
"Set? You wish to stop Set? How foolish. YOU must be the little one he has taken such an interest in."
Baast frown now, her lips peeling back over her fangs to show them in a deadly fashion.
"I'll kill you woman! I'll kill you and all your kind!"
Screams erupted into the air, large cats began to emerge from the woodworks of the alleys and street swarming the people walking to and from home or work, Ali jumped and gasped as she witnessed a young woman taken down to the ground by a couple of the large animals and eaten alive. Baast's voice echoing through the mass of screams and terror.
"Yes my children! Fill your bellies and quench my thirst for fulfillment!"
Ali grabbed hold of Demetri's wrist and pulled him to the side as Baast suddenly launched at them, her heel digging into the cement from her lethal kick, the roar of Archon behind them made Ali move once again, this time back and grabbing hold of Luwien.
"We have to think of something! Innocent people are dying!"
Ali crossed her arms infront of her face as Baast charged in again, her heel connecting with Ali's forearms and making her wince, she looked over to see her husband wrestling with the panther as she fought off the master.
"Where are the others! They should have been here by now!"
She grit her teeth and pushed back wishing that Marcus were with them, she knew one way or another the Mystic would have been able to turn the tables, she could only hope he was having better luck with his own fight than they were with theirs. [/color][/font]

Luwein squirmed free from Ali's grip at the same time taking a dagger from her boot, Before she could ask him what he was doing he had cut his hand deeply.

"It must be done" Luwein said after Ali gasped. "Marcus taught me a few Time runes and incantations that compliment my power."

"Well whatever you're going to do, do it now! We want little to no civilian casualties" Demetri shouted as he hurled a wind bolt to one of the felines.

Luwein had already sped up time time around his body and drawn the complicated rune seal, " I beseech thee, Cronus. Old God of time, upon the flesh of humans do these beasts dine, starting with the originator of their line....." Luwein place his hand on the ground as the seal glowed and grew smaller until it was now on his hand. "REVERT THESE FELINES !"

Archon made a swipe at Ali, who nimbly dropped to her back and lunched the cat into the air with her feet, then flipped up and put her hands together and bend her knees just in time to assist Luwein in his assault. He jumped into her hands and kicked off as she pushed him upwards soaring towards the large vicious cat, there was a bright red light as his palm connected with the cat's belly and it let out a mighty angry roar that turned into a screech of displeasure from a house cat. It was like a chain reaction all the other felines that had turned beastly were now back to their original forms before Luwein hit the ground shakily.

"DAMN YOU!" Baast Screamed, "What have you done to my precious Archon!" She stopped her assault to catch her beast turned kitten. Baast hissed and kicked off the ground onto the build and out of sight.

"She's getting away!" Demitri started for her.

"Wait..." Luwein was at Demitri's side in a flash, tugging on his shirt. "W-we have to regroup, that seal wont hold for long...she'll be back"

"First we have to tend to that wound" Ali said sternly. "You're so reckless jas-" She held her hand to her mouth.

"...A-alex, Do... we have the same parents?" Luwein asked cooly, or at least he tried. He was shaking slightly, was it do to him loosing blood or his nerves he didn't know are care. Ali didn't answer him but tore fabric off her attire and rapped it tightly around Luwein's hand.

"I believe so, everything points to that it seems" She wiped a tear from Luwein's face, he didn't even know he was crying. His body reacting before his mind could. So many questions flooded through him, how was this possible, did his uncle know? why didn't his parents keep him, but kept Ali and Jason... did they love him, how would things be now? would they change?

Ali gripped him tightly by the shoulders as she swayed slightly," Please.. Calm down Lu, this is the most emotion I've ever felt from you, it's making me ache...We will figure this out as soon as possible I promise, but right now I need you here with me ok?" Luwein nodded, and took her hand squeezing it.

"Okay, lets find the others"

Demitri still felt uneasy after his little mental lapse when Baast made eye contact, now that their enemy was gone for the moment, the three were able to collect themselves and wait for the rest of their team members to make contact. But with the time that passed, none of the other operatives came for almost an hour, tensions rose as Demitri paced himself back and forth in the alleyway they stowed away in. The innocent civilians that were mauled to death by the large feline beasts were already taken away by the HDF clean up crew, contacted by the commandant quickly after Baast made her exit in the distance. The muscled man continued to watch his wrist watch, as each second passes, more rage build inside the group leader, but his pacing didn't seem to bother either Ali or Luwein, both sat down on a metal trash can, sitting to one another in silence. Trying to collect their thoughts about the astonishing information that they were actually blood related, their parents the same and now two lives are one again after their passing. Who would have thought, an orphaned child raised by Mist as his only leading family member, now knowing that Ali and Jason Talon were actually the same spawn children of is own mother and father....it was a lot to handle. Though Luwein originally was as distant as Marcus was when they first met the mystic years ago, was now opening up to the group more emotionally and mentally, but with this little candle lit in the cathedral, only questions arose. Demitri stopped his pacing for a moment as he looked at the two, though they sat in silence next to one another, Ali held onto Luwein's tiny hand, almost in a death grip as they whispered to one another. The giant sighed, he was sweating almost unnaturally after his worrying, but for some reason his heart rate elevated as the blood flowed without stopping in his veins. The giant thought he was probably exhausting himself, not hearing from his team members after the near deadly skirmish they had with Baast would make anyone worry. There was a possibility that they too encountered the deadly goddess, hopefully they would be strong enough to survive. Still, Demitri had a lot of his own questions running through his mind. It was surprising the female goddess was so...easy with the trio, to say the least. Though aggressive and with blood lust in her attempts, the fight seemed rather too easy for Demitri's liking. The commandant leaned against the brick wall of the alleyway, continuing to keep his eye on his wife and new member of his family, he could see the two silently whispering to one another, small whispers echoed in the narrow hiding place while civilians walked about their lives, not seeming to realize that if they had been in that exact location an hour ago, they would have probably be dead thanks to Basst's feline minions. The giant sighed as he scratched the back on his head, his free hanging hair tied in his pony tail dangled as his thick fingers caressed his flesh. Without the man expecting, his phone rang, all eyes stared at Demitri as the giant reached into his pocket, flipping his phone open, placing the mobile to his ear.

"This is Athens" Demitri answered in a huff, still catching his breath as he continued to pour sweat, Ali noticed the change in her husband, but remained still holding onto Luwein's hand as he answered the call. "Marcus? Hello? I can't hear you clearly....what did you find?..." The line was fuzzy, the giant knew he could hear the voice clearly, but the words seemed to skip to and fro during his conversation, eventually the line cut off as the phone cut the line off. "Damn, line went dead" Demitri gritted his teeth, closing his phone as he looked at the two.

"Do you think he found any information about Tank and Annomander?" Ali spoke finally, standing from the trash can as she made her way towards Demitri, slowly inspecting the commandant as he continued to look at his stop watch.

"If he did, I couldn't make anything out...the signal was weak. Where in the hell are the others?" Demitri growled deeply in his throat, Luwein gripped the top of the trash can he was sitting on, he could feel the rage rolling off of Demitri's body, Ali felt the same emotions as well, even without using her powers. Now standing in front of Demitri, the empath placed her hand on his chest, feeling it fall and rise quickly as the giant took breath in.

"Whats the matter love? You seem off..." Ali looked up at her husband, the giant stared down into her gaze, he was a bit exhausted after their battle but it was a surprise to the giant as well. not only that, but his pent up aggression was out of the ordinary.

"I'm just wondering about the rest of the team, something could have happened and we wouldn't know it. Not only that, Marcus is out of reach....hate to admit it, but I could really use someone with a cool head right now." Demitri untied his pony tail, letting his hair fall to his shoulders as the wet bangs spiked at the tips. Shuffling could be heard at the end of the alleyway, the trio looked and stood at the ready for whomever may come. To their delight, It was Pocket and Jason who came from around the corner, Pocket riding on Jason's back like a horse as they ran towards the others finally stopping in front of Ali and Demitri. Tank came from the building rooftop in full steel form, Patch attached to his back as he held on tight as they fell, the boy's body weight slamming into the brick road as his feet dug into the gravel below. Cloak appeared from the shadows with Copy Cat striding forward as they paused and looked around. The last two came, Gene and Sasa creeping from behind Demitri, walking normally as if not to seem to peculiar to the humans. Ali felt her heart lighten up a little, seeing all the members accounted for and present. Patch slid off of Tank's back as the boy turned human once more, making his way towards Luwein as the teenager hold onto the blind child's hand as he helped him off the trash can.

"WHERE IN THE HELL HAVE YOU ALL BEEN AT FOR THE PAST HOUR!??!" Demitri roared, the sudden burst of anger surprised everyone, on the inside, it surprised Demitri as well.

"Our contact communicators were acting weird, even I couldn't get it to work Demtiri. What's with the attitude?" Sasa placed her hands on her hips and looked at her commanding officer angrily, Demitri strode forward until he stood towering over the female operative. Sasa was surprised as well, but she held her place in front of the over tempered Commandant.

"Maybe you're not as useful as you had imagined..." Everyone stood at edge as Demitri flexed his muscles, his eyes white as electricity coursed through his body, Ali instantly stepped in front of her husband, standing in between the two team mates.

"Demitri, what in the world is going on with you?!" The giant huffed angrily.

"You seem to forget you place Commander, move aside" Demtiri growled, but this time, Cloak and Copy Cat stood at Ali's side.

"Commandant Athens, control yourself, what happened while we were away?" Demitri scuffed to the side through his nose as he turned and walked out of the alleyway for some sunlight, Ali informed the others of their fight with Baast and finding her, along with the fact Luwein used his powers to subdue her and fend her off with the rest of her minions. The rest of the team explained their searches, but they didn't come up against anything or saw any sightings of Baast of her feline hoard, but the new attitude change with Demitri was a mystery with everyone. Cloak crossed his arms as he thought to himself.

"Do you think Baast has done something to our Commandant? If so, his position is compromised and he would need to be taken from his commanding, and base command position if he is under some kind of persuasion,. Only problem is if that were to happen, it has to be either approved by the High Council, but we know they are themselves being detained. The other way would be by 5 commanders issuing the demotion and detaining of their Commandant. If that were to happen, we would have to be absolute in the choice, if we're wrong, its treason with an execution sentence" Everyone's mood seemed to shift, they didn't want something like that to happen, especially to Demitri who's been one of the most influential leaders they've had since his late father. Ali shook her head at the thought, but for now they needed to make sure they could still trace Baast and not lose her in the city.

"For now, we need to keep the search going. I'll keep Tank, Jason, Pocket and Luwein with us, we'll calm down the Commandant and continue the search. The rest of you, go with Cloak and expand the search farther than before." Sasa and the others nodded as Cloak transported their group to a further location, Ali looked over her shoulder to see Demitri continue his attempts to call Marcus back at HDF, grunting to himself more and more from the denied answer calls. The giant cooled off a little after his sudden out burst, he continued to scratch his shoulder area, underneath his black t-shirt, there was a large scratch from the panther he fought earlier. The scratch burned and throbbed painfully as the giant continued to sweat.