OtakuBoards

Boo

Next year is the last year of our collective lives! What will you be doing? How do you think it will happen? Are you secretly looking forward to it?

It's time to start planning ahead now. The end of the world is coming and I don't even know what to wear yet. Maybe I should get a dog before then to share the end of the world with my dog. Or maybe I should go to Paris with my girlfriend and make love on the top of the Eifel Tower until the world goes "boom!" Or maybe I'll just spend the whole day playing video games and watching Dr Who, House, Shameless and Glee.

I hope it will all happen with pretty colours and stuff, but without much suffering, so a nuclear war is out of the question. Tsunamis are so past decade, so no. Earthquakes rumble too much and I wouldn't want to spend my last moments stumbling around more than usual. A nice mass of meteors will probably do fine. Meteors with pretty colours and sparkles, guided by music.

Discuss.

[quote name='dark_apocalyps' timestamp='1314178867' post='709055']
Earthquakes rumble too much and I wouldn't want to spend my last moments stumbling around more than usual.

Discuss.
[/quote]

After the recent quake on the east coast, proud to say I got some brownie points by telling my fiance not to worry that the earth always did that when I looked at her.

A local radio station had call-ins about the quake, one woman's respone was "The shaking really added a zing to my 'afternoon delight',"

So maybe you SHOULD hope for an earthquake while making love on top of the Eifel Tower, that way youre sure that both you and your girlfriend get to go out with a *bang*

As for me I'm kind've hoping to buy a home in the next year, so hopefully whatever happens it'll still be standing...hard enough to get out from under a house that's in one piece.

[font="Tahoma"]I'll be putting the finishing touches on my Time Travelling device.

But in all seriousness, if the world is gonna end next year I'm going to enjoy it by traveling. I was really fortunate to be able to travel to several places this summer and I have a few other places in mind that I'd like to see before the world bites the big one.[/font]

Personally, I want the LHC at CERN to reach its [i]unexpected[/i] full potential (and them some!) and unleash the end of the world as if it came straight from the mind of Syd Barrett piloting an EVA Unit. Then it'll slowly wipe out existence itself, and we'll all be applauding til the very end.

When that happens, I'll probably scale the highest mountain and sit there with a serene look on my face . . . then I'll get bored and open up a book instead.

• 3 months later...
[FONT=Calibri]Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Reality Crew speaking.

As foretoled by the Mayan calendar, the Universe is one year away from its final destination, where this reality will terminate.

Please prepare to vacate the Universe. Please return all matter to its pre-atomic state, and place any left-over dark matter into the nearest available black hole, several of which have been placed throughout your local clusters for your convenience. If you require any part of your checkout procedure to be recorded as string theory equations, please collect and retain any dimensions you desire beyond the Third.

Any remaining Time can be reclaimed as Space if you submit the appropriate Time Return forms. If you have not yet been issued a Time Return form, do not worry. The problem is merely an illusion caused by your limited dimensionality. Relax, and a certified time collection agent will have been visiting you.

On behalf of our parent company, The Gods, and our Earth ground crew, the Mayans, we hope you enjoyed your stay in this reality, and ask that that you choose to participate in an inexplicable and random expression of spontaneously-generated space-time in what, for want of a better term, we shall call The Future.

Thank you.[/FONT] Edited by Allamorph