OtakuBoards

CHRISTMAS~!!!!!

chibi-master

Today is the last day of November, so I thought it appropriate to start the Christmas thread! I know, not everyone celebrates Christmas, but I think it's a fantastic holiday! I love any reason to give people stuff that makes them smile, and it just so happens that presents are great for that!

My dad keeps trying to convince the whole extended family that we should have a fake tree this year, but so far no one agrees. I don't care if it's easier to clean up, I like almost everything about real trees! Nothing can replace the smell, the texture or even the hassle that's worth it in the end!

I don't really have anything on my Christmas list other than to be allowed to read books again, so I'm not expecting much for Christmas other than some really good food and outrageous relatives, but I think that's enough for me.

As for my friends, I'm really excited about giving them their gifts! I've lost some steam these last couple of years, so I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things this year! One of my friends has agreed to help me string up loads of tinsel all over the school. My only disappointment is that the last day of school before Winter Break is Christmas Eve. I really don't want Christmas to be my first day off from school! It's not enough time to be with relatives!

So how about you? Anything you really want for Christmas? Any plans? Do tell!

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1322655766' post='710415']
My dad keeps trying to convince the whole extended family that we should have a fake tree this year, but so far no one agrees. I don't care if it's easier to clean up, I like almost everything about real trees! Nothing can replace the smell, the texture or even the hassle that's worth it in the end!
[/quote]
I am all about fake trees. I doubt you have been forced to take a hand saw to one so that it can fit in a trashcan. I felt like I murdered my Christmas spirit, then got rid of the body in unrecognizable pieces. I couldn't get the pine scent out of my hands for weeks, and those pine needles.... I don't think I need to explain further. I was always stuck with the hard work around Christmas, and my least favorite was putting up lights. Every year my guardian would buy more, and I was the one who had to risk my neck scaling the house to "look festive." I was the only one in my family who wasn't afraid of heights, so my contract was sealed.

My last BA-humbug is the whole gift-giving thing. I like presents, but it is totally forced during these holidays. It always feels like you are getting something because it is Christmas, not because they really wanna give it to you. I am usually forced to give a bunch of extended family members shoddy presents they don't need for gifts I don't need, just so that the tradition is upheld and everyone is assured that we love one another. Maybe this holiday will be less stressful when I have a decent job and less bills so that I can afford it, or when/if I have a child so that I can make it seem as miraculous as it did to me way back when I was a kid. Till then it is just an excuse to get fat.

The good thing is I will get to see a few relatives, and everyone else is usually pretty happy. Like every year I plan on getting smashed and singing horribly, and I also plan on once again trolling my family with democratic propaganda. I can watch how much fun my cousins kids have, and it will be one step closer to my favorite holiday, New Years Day.

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]We had a live tree...once. And that was the same year we got my first cat. Imagine the lawls to be had there.

Anyway, I freakin' love Christmas. All the scrooges for this holiday try to get me down, but I tell them to shove off. I love it and everything about it. <3

I dunno what we're doing in terms of family and visiting, but my Christmas list this year is a pretty small one. I've already gotten a few of the major things I already wanted, but there's still some others. Mainly games. And a DVD.

My main thing is Skyward Sword. I want Skyward Sword something fierce. I thought I'd be able to withstand the month between its release and when I'd actually probably get it, but it's been proving pretty false for me so far. Ugh.[/font][/color]

We've always, always, always had a fake tree. Both my dad and I are allergic to real trees to the point where the smell of the trees gives us unbearable migraines. We actually just got a new fake tree this year, that already has lights on it. My dad is ecstatic, since he always has to put it up. Anyways, I'm pumped for Christmas. It's my favorite holiday because, I'll be honest, I'm an only child and I frickin' love getting presents. And giving presents. My residents at school (I'm an RA) have already started decorating the building today. I've got about 3 strings of lights I hope to put up in the common area. I'm going to Michael's tomorrow and I hope they have some tinsel left. Tinsel is also effective as a holiday scarf.

I'm excited to make my staff members cards for the holidays. I love handmade things so I always try to give someone something handmade. I've got Boyfriend a plethora of things, ranging from nerdy to practical. I'm so so excited to give them to him!

For myself, I really would like the iPhone 4S and the rest is mostly clothes. I'm sure my parents will get me something else but the fact of the matter is, I really don't [i]need[/i] anything else.

If my day is tranquil (but not headed straight for sleepy-land) then I'm content with a quiet Christmas. I wouldn't have it any other way, actually. I'll spend Christmas with my family, enjoying a nice feast!

One thing I've learned (finally) is that when you tell people year after year to not buy you anything, they'll still do it anyways, haha. I don't care about getting presents, honestly. I don't mean that in a Scrooge way, but more that I've found significance in that day in other ways. However, people still insist on getting at least something for me, so I can't really stop them. Here's a hint to those kind folks: I like books. (Okay, it's not much of a hint, and more like throwing the BIG BOOK OF OBVIOUS at them.)

Also, a good axe and a pair of gloves are your friends when disposing a real tree.

[size="1"]I love Christmas, but its diffrent when you get older. The excitement isn't there like it used to be. I miss those days, lol. Anyway, I enjoy buying these for others but I tend to get carried away. I've bought a few things already but I need to pay for rent and all the other necessities before I buy more...

My boyfriend with be the hardest to buy for. I know what he likes but everything is way too expensive, or I just wouldn't know what to get. I can't get him anything for his bike, he has a Ducati and he already has a nice bike jacket and a Ducati helmet that matches his bike(he's asian and has a yellow bike..he says its so he can ride naked and no one could see him, think about it.) He would love a full bike suit but I wouldn't even know where to start with that, and they are atleast $1,000 or more. He's really into watches, he has a nifty LED watch that tells the time with like squares on the screen from Japan, and he showed me some similar ones online that are only sold in Japan, but I still don't know where to start. :p

I'm suppose to be saving money, and its not working very well.

I know my boyfriend is either getting me a new laptop or an Ipod touch, other than that I just tell people to get me Starbucks gift cards, its really the only 'extra curricular' activity I have with work and training.

Growing up we always had real trees, it was always a family thing. We would usually get one around my mom's birthday(Dec. 14), and my brother and I would chase each other around the trees. Since I don't live at home though I've tried to make my own traditions. Last year my boyfriend went with me to get a tree, which was a pay in a second story apartment. I moved this past June and they don't allow real trees, fire hazard. So I got an actual Charlie Brown tree sitting underneith my tv, next to a mummy cat my boyfriend bought before halloween and a big Godzilla ornament that is still in its box. Exciting.[/size]

[color="#000080"][size="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]The only thing I want this year is my own place (before Christmas). Having Christmas with my Michigan relatives will be the death of me.

Although at my new place, I won't have internet (or a TV :V ), but hey, gotta make sacrifices! If I don't get my own place by then. I'll probably be at my in-law's parent's place for a few days. e__x There are a few things that I really want, like an Xbox 360 and a really nice desktop computer, but my own place is more important.

But overall, Christmas just isn't really for me. Too much joy and socializing. :([/font][/size][/color]

[size="5"][color="#9932CC"][color="#FF0000"]ã?¡[/color][color="#2E8B57"]ã?ª[/color][color="#FF0000"]ã?¼[/color][color="#2E8B57"]ã?¯[/color][color="#FF0000"]ã?ª[/color][color="#2E8B57"]ã?¹[/color][color="#FF0000"]ã??[/color][color="#2E8B57"]ã?¹[color="#FF0000"]![/color]![color="#FF0000"]![/color][/color][/color][/size]

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1323989544' post='710603']
[color="#FF00FF"]OMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSH!!!!! I PUT UP THE CHRISTMAS TREE AND IT IS BRIGHT AND PRETTY AND EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~!!!!![/color]
[/quote]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="3"][color="#9932CC"]OMG we just put ours up toooo yaaaaaaaaay!!!!!![/color][/size][/font]

Our fake tree is up and lit now, and we even have a few presents under it thanks to my roommates parents and sister. I really like how easy this thing was to set up.... I basically moved it and plugged it in. The ornaments still needed to be hung... but that is kinda fun.

It seems my plans are solidified. I travel to my Grandpas house on Christmas Eve, Drink a ton of [u][i][b][color="#FF8C00"]EGGNOG[/color][/b][/i][/u] until I black out. I will wake up the next morning, go back home, and have xmas with my roommie's family. a couple days later I will be on my plane for Yreka. The only thing I am unsure about is how I am gonna afford all of this!

[font="Palatino Linotype"]My family doesn't exactly celebrate Christmas. We call it Christmas but it's just supposed to be Christmas Eve. Even then, we only spend three hours together, which is just the dinner.
No one has any money for gift exchange, either.

I'm not really sure why I look forward to it if I end up disappointed every year.
I feel like I should have gone with my dad this year when no one gets mad at me for everything.
[/font]