OtakuBoards

Monsters

Akieen Cloud

[color=#ff0000][font='comic sans ms', cursive]Ok everyone, sorry this took so long, life's been dealing a few low blows lately but I'm gonna try and push through it and get this going for you all. [/font][/color]
[color=#ff0000][font='comic sans ms', cursive]Again, warnings are for a mature RP, blood, gore, violence, sexual content. You all know the drill.[/font][/color]

[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive] Akieen paced back and forth in front of the bay window of the small apartment they were supposed to be meeting in, she could feel her canines pressing into the back of her lips as she chewed on the end of an unlit cigarette. She hated smoking but sometimes it was the only way to calm her nerves enough to not let her beast show. Even with the ability to completely control her transformations, being free of the moon, her anger and anxiety still made what she was very apparent. This was one of those times, there were others like her coming into this town she lived in, there were creatures of the darkest nightmares coming to meet her, some she was sure it wouldn't be the first time meeting them. There was one in particular she was sure would not be most pleased with her being part of this 'Rescue Mission'. She whipped around as the door opened and one of the humans walked in, with a box of doughnuts and coffees of all things.[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]"You really expect us to eat those?"
"Do you not eat human foods?"
"Oh we do...just depends on who you brought in."[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]He lifted his eye brows as if just realizing something and put the drinks and food on the small table in the middle of the barren room, quickly pulling out an envelope and handing it to her. Obviously proud of him self. [/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]"What's this kid?"
She saw his cheeks redden slightly, she liked him a lot more then the other two that thought they were better.[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]"It's a list of all the operatives we've brought in."[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]Akieen nodded and pulled out the papers and began to look through them, she was shocked to see there was another were wolf joining them, she could only hope there would be no 'Alpha' nonsense between the two of them. [/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]"Let's see here. Were wolf, Daemon...He tends to be somewhat..."[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]"Out there?"
She chuckled at his choice of words.[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]"Oh, I suppose you can say that, as a matter of fact...I know Dark and he can be a bit more then 'out there'."[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]She shook her head at the thought of the cheerful Daemon. Continuing through the list she reached over and plucked a coffee from the others and began to sip it carefully.[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]"This Lex character sounds rough...what's known about him?"[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]"Not much, he kinda stays away from us."
"How'd you get a hold of him?"
"He came to us to be honest. Said something about an accident. I dunno."[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]She shook her head at the young man as he began to look around, Akieen looked at the unlit cigarette between her fingers.[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]"Hey kid, you got a light?"
"Huh? Oh yeah!"[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]He produced a lighter for her and shortly after the stagnant smell of smoke filled the room as Akieen continued to look. She read more on the other were wolf and felt her heart sink slightly. He was still victim to his anger and the full moon.[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]"That could be a small problem."
"The were wolf dude? Yeah, I hear he's better then most though. I guess he can control his anger better then most of his kind."[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]Akieen scoffed.[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]"What's your name kid?"[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]He chuckled and scratched the back of his neck.[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]"Ivil."[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]"Cool name, how do you know so much about these guys?"
"I read over shoulders a lot."[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]She laughed at this and nodded before she looked over her shoulder at him.[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]"Does that mean you know what I am?"
"Yup! I know your the originator, I know that you can control your self through both anger and the moon. And I know that all those tales about silver and wolfs bane are all lies."[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]"Hmm, pretty good."[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]She looked back at the files reading through Barracus, she felt her body freeze as she came to the next name. [/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]"****..."[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]"What?"
"K-Kayin...? They brought in Kayin?"[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]"You know him?"
"Oh I've run into him once or twice in our long lives...and it was never pretty."
"Did you fight?"
"Well...not exactly...more or less...he's a hunter, and he hunts evil...I'm kinda depicted as evil here kid. People who know me, think I created the plague of were wolves out there. You know, the feral ones that bite to change people but most often wind up ripping them to shred and eating them? Yeah...they think I did that."[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]"So...how do you make another one of you...?"
"I can't. And even if I could, I wouldn't."[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]She could see the pout beginning and looked away from him and continued to look at the picture of the green haired half demon. She sighed and shook her head.[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]"This might not be the best reunion I've ever had. At least I get to see Dark again."[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]Shaking her head she finished her coffee just as there was a knock on the door. Ivil jumping slightly before bounding forward.[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]"That must be them starting to arrive!"[/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font='comic sans ms', cursive]Akieen took a drag of what was left of her burning cigarette as she watched the door. [/font][/color]

Dark wandered the halls of the apartment building, slowly making his way up the stairwell, keeping away from the elevator. He wasn't in the most positive of moods, considering he'd had to leave on such short notice. Taking the key from his pocket to the apartment he'd been told to meet the rest of his team at, he gazed down at it thinking just what could happen in the near future. Smiling, he used his right hand to lift the key to the knob. The left swirled in the air and then materialized a succulent tray of monstrous cheeseburgers loaded with various cheeses. He smiled, thinking they'd be enough to satisfy even Akieen.

Food was something he'd learned to perfect, in part thanks to the 'young' lady. Unfortunately, when it came to food, his magic was limited to things he had tasted and ingested himself.

Opening the door, he found himself in a breezeway to a living room. He smiled, the familiar scent of the wolf lady coming to his nose. "Akieen, it's nice to know we'll be working together." He moved around, and through another doorway spotted a kitchen. He laid the hefty beef and cheese monsterburgers down on a table.

"You're one of the few whom I never sense coming." Akieen smiled, greeting him and making her appearance visibly known to him. She oogled the cheeseburgers.

"Could you have done medium rare?" She asked, taking one.

"Like you'll care with how they taste." He winked at her and smiled. "Don't worry, I can make more than this in thirty seconds. With how you and I eat, I suppose it's a good thing I've perfected this little magic spell."

Akieen nodded her head vigorously. She was smiling with her mouth full of cheeseburger heaven. Pointing at a place next to the burgers, he swirled his finger once again and a yellowish mist flowed from his finger, and formed a circular glob on the table. It solidified, and it's edge browned and the dessert plopped up blobs of cherry preserves.

"A cheesecake, hm?" Akieen asked, once her mouth was empty. Dark nodded. "Of course. and there's ribbons of fudge in there. I'll make something else as well should you desire it. Or any foodstuff desired by anyone for that matter." Edited by Inuyasha Fandom

Mikhail grabbed his backpack as he looked out the window of his cab to the building they had parked in front of. One of the most quaint looking buildings he's seen, the invitation he had gotten with fancy lettering and delivery methods made the man think he was being invited to some sort of event, but alas, the surroundings proved otherwise.

"That will be $28.78 sir". The cabbie parked the car, Mikhail handed the man a fifty dollar bill and exited the vehicle, stunning the man on the change he had left. Moments later, the cab went about its way down the street, leaving the Russian standing along as he continued to scan the area. It was populated with humans mostly, something surprising for Mikhail to witness since Russian is a vampire coven haven nowadays. But, it was nice to see some actual living flesh and blood around for once. Mikhail made his way to the front entrance and entered, the hallways empty with dim lighting; clearly not their best season to have quests. The man made his way upstairs as he read the note in his hand from its sender. Stating only his presence was requested at the said location at the said date and time, along with a room key. It was also stated at the up most importance that Mikhail be there. It was this note that made the werewolf in hiding curious, but he settled his affairs at home before making the trip, leaving his club operations to the the hands of his cousin, another wolf. Slowly climbing the stairs to his floor, Mikhail caught a whiff of something delicious in the air, sniffing over and over to remember what they smelled like.

"Hamburgers?" He whispered, finally making it to his floor and proceeding down the hall. The room was to his left, some voices could be heard inside which caught the wolf man by surprise; he wasn't expecting anyone else to be inside besides the person who sent the invitation, but there were more than one person speaking inside. Tightening the handle on his backpack straps, the wolf man grabbed onto the door nob and turned slightly, he was surprised the door was already open. His senses however, were telling him to be careful when he entered. The door opened without a sound as the man slowly entered and looked around, the talking was now clear, two males and a female present. But the scent, that's what confused him the most. He only smelled human flesh, the other two were a mystery to him. Closing the door, Mikhail took a couple steps into the living room area, looking at an ashtray with a cigarette butt laying there.

"Hello?" His deep voice echoed more than he thought it would in such a tiny place, looking around to see if anyone heard his voice. The talking stopped for a moment, obviously someone heard. But no answer back, Mikhail went to the coffee table and picked up the cigarette butt and brought it to his nose, sniffing the end slightly. "Female...but...", then, there it was. His senses told him something bad was in the area. Mikhail turned around quickly, but was only met by a smaller looking female looking at him directly. Stunned a bit by the surprise, the wolf man straightened up and brushed it off.

"We're glad you can be here. My name is Akieen, you're right on time Mikhail" She knew his name, it clearly shows she was the one who sent out the invitation, or knew who did at the very least.

"Mikhail Bascov. I go my "Misha" as well" The wolf man extended his hand to her, she paused for a moment, looking deep in thought before she returned the gesture. She was warm...surprisingly warm...unnaturally warm to the touch. It took a while for the man to ponder his thoughts, his senses felt relaxed for some reason, almost at home. That's when it hit him, she was a werewolf as well. It was surprising to see one in the states, Mikhail didn't know any outside of Russia, or even that any were alive elsewhere.

"Food is in the kitchen, we're still waiting on some of the other guests to arrive. Please, make yourself at home, more will be explained when everyone has arrived". Akieen turned around and went back to the kitchen, Mikhail sat on the sofa and searched in his jean pocked for his cigarettes, smiling when he found them. The man lit one up and reclined a little but.

"Ð?оÑ?оже, эÑ?о можеÑ? бÑ?Ñ?Ñ? весело, в конÑ?е конÑ?ов ...(Looks like this might be fun after all......)" Mikhail took a drag of his cigarette as the smoke danced in the air in front of him.

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#ff0000]As Kayin roamed the streets, following the directions given to the rendezvous site, he could feel eyes following him down the street. The watchful eyes left him within moments however. His brown eyes returned to the path ahead of him. [i]Guess they're just making sure I'm actually coming. I imagine this job must be pretty important. They usually leave me to my own devices,[/i] he thought as he looked up to see his destination. "I guess this is the place," he said, double checking the address he had written down. He crumpled up the piece of paper, stowing it in his coat pocket and grabbed hold of the key that was there with it. His eyes closed as his hand wrapped around the door knob. With a pause he turned it and pushed the door open. His eyes opened, narrowing somewhat as he let out a sigh, closing the door behind him.[/color][/size][/font]

[color=#FF0000][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]The sound of metal shifting under his coat was heard silently as he ascended the staircase to the floor he was to head to. He could sense that several others were already there, though he wasn't close enough to recognize any of them right off. As he reached the floor of the room and started down the hallway, Kay retrieved the key from his pocket. He took a pause and his eyes narrowed more so. "I had a feeling that was what I sensed downstairs..."[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#FF0000][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Inside the room, Akieen was in the middle of a sentence when a faint scent hit her. "...****..." she muttered before taking a seat on the couch and putting a hand over her face to hide it from the entrance.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#FF0000][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Ivil stared blankly. "Akieen are you alright? What's goi-"[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#FF0000][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]"Shh! Stop drawing attention to me, kid!" she said, sipping her coffee and having all but a peeking eye visible between her arm and the arm of the couch. She cut Ivil off as she saw him open his mouth to speak again, but by this time the door opened. "...****," she repeated to herself.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#FF0000][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]"Didn't exactly expect to run into you again, particularly since I haven't been hired to hunt for you lately," Kayin said as he closed the door behind him and walked over to the couch, seeing Akieen's peering eye look up to him. "You look well enough, Akieen," he said, looking down over the collar of his coat. "I take it you must have already had an idea I was coming though," he said, glancing to the paperwork the human had on him. Then his attention shifted to the others. "I take it we'll all be working together then?" his gaze shifted to the other werewolf and he gave a nod and then to the Daemon: one type of creature he hadn't seen for ages. "A pleasure to meet you three. Kayin. Looking forward to assisting you," he glanced back to Akieen who was glancing away from him in hopes of not catching another look. He shook his head, picking up one of the coffees and unzipping his coat and loosening his scarf.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#FF0000][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]"Well, Kayin you're welcome to my 'cooking' if you like," Dark said, gesturing to the burgers he had made.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#FF0000][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Kayin gave a faint smile and a nod. "Thanks. I'll keep that in mind if my appetite catches back up. It's been a bit of a walk, just want to rest my legs for now," he said, taking a seat leaning back in it comfortably.[/size][/font][/color]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Akieen chuckled nervously before waving slightly at the half demon, Ivil looking from one to the other.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"So, what's the history between you two?"
Kayin shot the human a small look and Akieen flinched slightly.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"No 'history' per say. Like I told you, I'm blamed for the plague of were wolves. People want me dead, he's been hired on more then on occasion to hunt me. By the way...Kayin...are you still mad about that Canada inccedent a few years back...?"[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]His eyes suddenly narrowed.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Right, got it...take that as a yes...won't mention it again."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Ivil looked confused.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Canada?"
"He found me hiding out there...got into a pretty good fight, broke an ice rink...he was pretty pissed...doesn't like getting wet. I think it's the electrical thing...I dunno."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Kay's eye's narrowed even more making her sink into the couch.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"What would make you assume I do not like being wet?"
"You looked like a drowning cat."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]She felt the hair on her arms raise slightly, hearing small pops coming from the half demon.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Right! I'll be in the kitchen!"[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Jumping from the couch she walked quickly from the living room into the kitchen and leaned on the counter jumping slightly as Dark chuckled.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"You pissed him off pretty royally haven't you?"
She shrugged.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"I'm always the one that got away."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"You sure he didn't just like that chase?"
"Uh...no...I don't think so."
"And why is that? A pretty woman-"[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"He's chased me pretty much around the world...I think the worst one was Africa...it was hot as hell...I don't think he likes being hot either..."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"What makes you say that, he's a demon."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"He seemed more irritable then usual...I felt really bad for the lion that tried to pounce on him..."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]She put her finger to her chin in thought Dark shaking his head.
"Dare I ask?"[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"I dunno, I was gone by then. All I heard was a roar, and when he turned around I ran. I wasn't sticking around for that!"[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Dark chuckled.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"You really haven't changed much have you? You get people into the worst possible situations."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]She scratched the back of her neck and laughed lightly.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"I really don't know how...or why...it just sort of...happens?"[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"A jinxed were wolf. Who'da thunk it."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]She chuckled before she paused and glared lightly at him.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Meaning what Dark?"
"I pity us, that's what."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]She pouted slightly.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"I've gotten better."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Kayin's voice joined theirs as he entered the kitchen.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"I beg to differ."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Akieen whirled around glaring at him, her ice blue eyes pinning him which he seemed to effectively ignore.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"No one asked you moss head!"[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]She saw his eye twitch just slightly as he looked at her from the corner of his eyes.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"All these years of chasing you, I never knew you were still such a child."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Akieen crossed her arms and huffed as Dark laughed loudly.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"I like him!"[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Shut up Dark! No one asked you either!"[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]She glared at Kayin as he leaned back against the counter looking back at her.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"What? What are you looking at, Mr. I'm so cool, leaning against a counter."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]He raised a brow at her.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"What are you 5?"[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"I'm older then you dammit!"
"You sure about that?"[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Throwing her hands up in defeat she simply dropped down to the floor crossing her legs and arms huffing slightly.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"This trip is gonna be hell..."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Kayin looked down at her slightly.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"How DID you elude me all these years."
She growled slightly.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Wouldn't you like to know?"[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Yes actually, you seem rather clumsy for one of your kind, and to be known as the originator, your rather...not so awe inspiring in person."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"What the hell do you want from me fire fly?! Fire breathing? Lasers from my eyes? The best I can give you is I can eat you out of house and home alright?"[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Kayin shook his head before he began walking out, his words soft but heard.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"Of that, I have no doubt."[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Akieen scratched the top of her head frantically, growling, her canines elongated in her frustration.[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]"This is gonna SUCK!"[/color][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#000080]Dark chuckled at her as she picked her self up off the floor and sat on the counter, her arms crossed, fuming silently as they waited for the others.[/color][/font]

Mikhail grabbed a cup of warm coffee while the others retreated to the kitchen area, more talking could be heard from the group while the Russian stood looking outside. The dreary day made the scene seem so negative and yet calming at the same time, it was hard to believe so many creatures existed around the world, but apparently with todays meeting, the werewolf would continue to meet new beings of the supernatural like. The man took a sip of his coffee as he noticed some children playing a game of soccer outside in a vacant lot, their lives totally their own as they amused themselves with one anthers company and friendship. Mikhail laughed to himself for a moment before he sensed someone behind him, taking a glance back it was the man who had stepped in not too long ago, Kayin. The two exchanged glances for a moment before Kayin took his seat on the couch; continuing to sip his own beverage as he remained to himself. Mikhail turned back to the window and noticed more children to join the small group and make it a small gathering for their own pleasure. It was Kayin who broke the silence as he spoke.

"So, how do you know Aikeen?" He questioned, it brought the Russian out from his concentration.

"She found me...or her organization did at least, if she's even part of one. She had some interesting things to say to bring me here, but I must admit, I don't know why or how she even knew I was around"

"I'd like to know that information as well. I can't even seem to add her to my kill count let alone track her whereabouts on a consistent scale. But, I was hired to do the task at hand, so I'm going to fulfill my side of the contract before pursuing personal gains". Mikhail slightly nodded as he took a sip of his coffee before taking a seat on the couch opposite to the man. His scent was a mysterious one, none like Mikhail has ever sensed before, he didn't know whether to be intrigued or shaken, a mixture of both seemed appropriate for this type of meeting. "So, haven't seen you before, I take it by you accent you're from Russia. There aren't many were's there, how have you been able to keep from showing up on the radar"?

"My pack stays where we're welcomed, no more, no less. I'm the only one who's branched to the main city, but, I still keep to myself with my business." Mikhail sipped on his drink some more.

"Interesting, well, congrats to you for accomplishing that, especially in a vampire ruled country. If they knew werewolves still roamed the area, they would hunt you all down relentlessly. Just make sure to keep out from their radar as well."

"That hasn't been a problem so far, and hopefully wont in the future. I have no quarrel with the blood suckers, but if they start a fight with my family and myself, they'll get one in full force." Kayin nodded at the statement as Ivil came to the two to bring them fresh cups of coffee, both men thanked the human as they sat back in silence once more. The werewolf lit another cigarette and reclined in his chair. "Who else are we waiting for?"

"Only a couple more people Misha, shouldn't be too long now. We're off to a great start" Ivil smiled before returning to the kitchen to join the other two, it made the werewolf smirk a little, he was excited none the less.

"Impatient?" Kayin laughed a bit.

"Just curious, and to find out whats the game plan, so to say" Both Kayin and Mikhail raised their coffee cups as they cheered the notion before enjoying their hot coffee.

Dark smirked at Akieen's frustration, and closed his fist, leaving his pointer finger out. His fingernail became inky black, and began to grow, stopping once it had reached a good three inches. He began to slice up the cheesecake, knowing his nails were impeccably clean.

His nail went back to normal, and he picked up a slice of cheesecake and devoured it. "Best in the world..." he commented. Akieen hopped off her spot on the counter and picked a slice for herself. Taking a bite, her eyes widened, and she smiled. "Delicious!"

"Glad you approve." he replied. A loud ringing began to eminate from his pocket, and he removed his smartphone and looked at the screen. "If you'll excuse me, I have to take this. I'll return shortly." he said, and walked away from Akieen and out of the kitchen. With a curt nod to the others in the apartment, he made haste to the exit. His phone stopped ringing as he locked the door behind him. He made his way back to the stairwell and proceeded upward. Once he had reached the roof, he pulled his phone out to return the call. He checked the time, and then made his phone call. The phone didn't even ring once before there was a click at the other end, the sound of someone picking up.[i] "Master?"[/i] A woman's voice spoke in Spanish. It was the head of his servants in his South American mansion, Rosarita Garcia.

[i]"Yes, Rosarita. It's me. What is it?" [/i]

[i]"Master, I was worried when you did not call me to inform us you had arrived safely."[/i] Dark smiled slightly, her concern touched him.

[i]"I said that I would, and I was planning to call later tonight after our mission had been discussed. Have you prepared what I asked you to?"[/i]

[i]"Yes, Master. Your pistol is ready."[/i] She said rather hesitantly. Dark's eyebrow twitched. [i]"And the other things I asked?"[/i]

[i]"They are prepared as well. Will you really be needing such things?"[/i] Dark didn't immediately respond, thinking on it. [i]"Master?"[/i]

[i]"I am afraid that I indeed will be. I will be arriving shortly to retrieve my items."[/i]

[i]"Yes, Master. Please, be careful." [/i]

[i]"I will, do not worry. I will see you soon."[/i]

Dark hung up the phone and sighed. His pistol and magics were usually enough to deal with most enemies, but this time extra firepower couldn't hurt to help him and his team. Dark closed his eyes, concentrating on the fabrics of the realms. Opening his green eyes, he could feel the Ether Realm welcoming him. It was a place of spirits and shadows, a realm that was separate yet coexistent with the Material. He could travel much faster by traversing through the Ether Realm due to the properties of the realm. However, it was still taxing on him. Within minutes, he arrived at his manor nestled on the countryside, the many orchards of his property still in bloom. He crossed over into the Material realm once more, and proceeded up his walkway.

The massive oaken doors opened, and Rosarita greeted him. She was a petite woman, shorter than her. She wore a ruffled maid's uniform and white gloves, and her jet black hair was tied back into braids. She escorted him to his study and gestured over to his desk. Sitting on it was a large nondescript brown suitcase with many stickers, each with the name of a different country. Lying next to it was a red umbrella and his massive pistol.

[i]"I have already taken the liberty of ordering a replacement machine gun for your collection, Master."[/i]

[i]"Excellent. Good work, Rosarita. Firearms are such a pain sometimes. Alas, I am afraid that I cannot stay, I must be on my way again." [/i]

[i]"Be careful, Master. Please return to us safely."[/i] she responded. Nodding, Dark placed the pistol on his person and then picked up the suitcase and umbrella and left the manor, taking in the sight of it before traversing back into the Ether Realm and making his return to the apartment building. At least he could return via the same means as he had left, unlike when he had first arrived due to the limitations of his abilities. He landed on the rooftop, and looked down at his suitcase and umbrella. While most humans would have found them unnaturally heavy, they were easy for him to carry even without the aide of his magic. Even still, he knew that for those who had delicate senses it was impossible to ignore or mistake the faint scent of gunpowder and maintenance oil wafting from them due to the custom single barrel shotgun hidden in the umbrella and the high caliber machine gun residing in the bulletproof suitcase. Careful observation would reveal these items were not what they appeared to be. He smiled, thinking certain members of his team might enjoy playing with these toys a little too much. Not that it was a bad thing in his book, and he'd be happy to share.

He slumped down, leaning against the wall to allow himself a moment to rest and recoup from his journey before heading back to rejoin the others, and possibly any newcomers who had arrived while he had been away. Reaching into his inner coat pocket, he plucked a golden pocket watch on a fine gold chain. Pressing the release clasp, he read the face of the ornate watch. He'd been gone for almost a half hour. Alone he sat on the rooftop, wondering about the mission would be. Eventually, he'd go back downstairs to the apartment, but the breeze on the rooftop was enjoyable. He lifted his face to the sky, watching the passing clouds and thinking to himself. The whites of his eyes shimmered obsidian and the irises glowed brightly for but a split second as he contemplated the world's state of affairs.

"And so the horizon darkens..." he muttered. "Hmph." Placing the watch back in his picket before removing a pack of Camel brand smokes, he removed one and then pulled his phone from his pocket again, and a pair of ear buds. He put them on and hooked them into the phone. He snapped his fingers, and a small flickering flame appeared, which he used to light his smoke before blowing out the flame. He started searching through his music, and smiled on finding something he could listen to. Edited by Inuyasha Fandom

[size=3]The carriage rocked gently as the horses slowly trotted ahead, bothered by nothing around them as they continued to move forward. The man holding the reigns seemed as heedless as the horses were, simply holding on to the reigns with a slack hand in a hunched form as they all moved forward. The only lively noise and feel that came from the solemn carriage was the boisterous laughter and conversation that seemed to be coming from within the confines of the wooden box. Barraucs was not afraid to speak aloud, his words rich with character and life as he laughed and proceeded on with his conversation as he threw out a gloved hand out the curtained window. [/size]

[size=3][b]"Ah Charles you are truly a wonder! You never cease to amaze me with your witty banter, you have made the decades more entertaining then I could imagine."[/b] Silence followed as a grin spread on his face, slowly spreading further as his lips parted revealing his white smile, another laugh erupted from him once again as he stamped his Italian made shoes on the floor boards in a child like manner. Pounding the end on his cane on the floor as well that highly exaggerated the whole experience.[/size]

[size=3][b]"Charles you are a riot! We must do this again sometime,stop the carriage!"[/b] He exclaimed as they arrived at the apartment building, his top hat pushed its way out of the window moments before his face looked out to the building before him. His strange colored eyes seemed to flare with a child like glee as he his free hand held on to the windows edge, as his smile grew he pounded his open hand on the edge as he seemed to bounce within the carriage.[/size]

[size=3][b]"Yes, yes this is it!Charles pull over quickly!"[/b] The carriage had been stationary for several moments now, his first command having been enough for the hunched form to halt the horses. Barracus smile vanished as his gaze seemed to turn deadly and he shifted it suddenly toward the coach driver with a violent turn on his head. [/size]

[size=3][b]"Don't mock me Charles! This is the right place, it says it's so right here on this invitation I received."[/b] He reached into his coat pocket, pulling out a black envelope with a wax seal on it. The 'invitation' was black as well with gold embossed wording, the agency had played to his likes as he was a more volatile creature and any advantage they could gain with him was for the better. He pushed open the door and carefully placed one foot on the metal step before using his cane to leverage his body out and on to the sidewalk. He looked around at the building and everything within sight, his cane held out to his side as he adjusted his top hat with his other hand.[/size]

[size=3][b]"Yes, this is perfect. But where are the parades and confetti for my arrival? Humph, i must have arrived later then they booked them. Damn it all, I shall have to speak to someone about this immediately."[/b] Stamping the butt of his cane before he started his stroll forward, the driver having remained completely still the whole time. The horses did the same, not a single motion from them all had come at any of his outbursts or his ranting the entire trip, Barracus waved a hand at the coach, the signal sending the horses forward down the street still pulling the carriage. With another quick gesture, the carriage began to disintegrate, the horses were being stripped of their flesh and muscles as they continued onward. Everything was falling apart and being pulled away in the wind until finally it reached the driver, his clothes disintegrating first to reveal the skeleton beneath it that followed suit and vanished with the rest of the conveyance. Barracus kept walking forward, whistling a jaunty tune as he strolled forward as he spun his cane, a slight skip in his step as he opened the door and walked up the stairs.[/size]

[size=3][b]"Here he comes again, the one with all the answers."[/b] Brracus sang softly to himself as he ascended the steps, his cane tapping on every other step. His leather soled shoes sliding and clapping on the wooden steps as he turned walked on the landing and walked toward an apartment door.[/size]

[size=3][b]"Here comes the dead, delivering like all the cancers."[/b] He reached the apartment number he had remembered on the invitation, his hand coming up and wrapping on the door. The knock solid and firm, clear for anyone to hear. He would not open the door on his own, it was a personal pet peeve of his when others had entered his domain without anyone telling them otherwise. It was one of the few things that remained from a mortal life, a time long gone for him, and they paid dearly for their trespassing. He wrapped on the door once more.[/size]

[size=3][b]"Here comes the king of Tezeron, all hail the god amongst men."[/b] The door swung open and Barracus looked down to the human before him, a smile spread upon his face again and he snatched his hat form his head and gave a curtious bow.[/size]

[size=3][b]"Ah, another soul! A pleasure to meet you, I am Barracus Sevarus Alerian Novara the IV. I have come upon invitation, may I enter?"[/b] The human seemed confused before nodding, his mouth opening to speak but Barracus already in the door and passed him, handing him his hat and coming to see a rather empty living room.[/size]

[size=3][b]"Well this is odd, no admiring fans, no trumpets? This is not at all what i expected, or was it. No, I think i was expecting nothing to be here."[/b] He crossed one arm across his middle and placed his other hand over his chin and mouth in a pondering way. His eyes caught sight of a few other creatures now, their smells and their auras distinct as he lets his arms fall from their position and clapped them together now.[/size]

[size=3][b]"Ha! There are others, how exciting! I must see who else is here."[/b] He quickly moved forward as he found the two men sitting quietly enjoying their mugs of something, the smell was distinctly coffee. He wrinkled his nose at the smell, never having liked the pungent odor that had always pushed him away from the liquid.[/size]

[size=3][b]"Hello gentlemen, it is a pleasure to meet you both! I am Barracus Sevarus Alerian Novara the IV, you must all be part of this grand party we are all going to be apart of with the parts that in which we shall be doing. But before when i said it was a pleasure, it is simply a term for the nicety of seeing others rather then anything sexual. Wait...."[/b] He put his hand up with a single finger raised at the two men has his gaze wandered for a few moments.[/size]

[size=3][b]"Perhaps i did mean that in a sexual way, aren't we all just a little into the same sex. Wait, that's not right, where am I again? Ah yes, this place, don't tell me whats going on, I don't like being told whats happening. What is that smell? OH! I sense someone else now! Off we go."[/b] Barracus instantly disappeared as he rushed off into the kitchen to see who else was left. He entered the room in a crouched position, despite the slight protestation of his tailored pants, he looked around quickly from left to right and spotted the being he had sensed.[/size]

[size=3][b]"Oh my goodness, it is you. The originator, how fantastic it is to meet you at last. But of course, we have already met I mean you can't go anywhere without hearing my name. That is the name of Barracus Sevarus Alerian Novara the IV, I cannot believe its been so long since i last saw you. I mean with that figure it is hard to believe someone wouldn't remember that rump of yours."[/b] He gestured with his hands, curving a womanly figure in the air, his cane still held in one hand as he looked into the eyes of the original werewolf, he saw the canines trying to push their way out from under her lips.[/size]

[size=3][b]"Nope, i think I am mistaken, i do not believe we have ever had any sort of sexual interaction. Hold on a second, i could be wrong again, but i don't know, is that tea? I would like a spot of tea if that would be acceptable."[/b] He showed her a huge smile then, his cane stuck under his arm as he held with his fingers locked together and batting his eyelashes. He heard a growl come from here before letting out a huff and pinching the bridge of her nose. [/size]

[size=3][b]"So you are the Lich Lord I take it? I wish your file had, prepared me more for your arrival."[/b] [/size]

[size=3][b]"File? Oh heavens no, those files are never up-to-date and they never seem to peg me right in those things so i burn them every so often. Or I think I do, do they shred them? Perhaps they get a goat to come in an eat them every so often, no that seems impractical, i mean where would they keep the goat for that kind of work? It's just strange, ah tea!"[/b] He went to a kettle that was set on the stove, and rooted around in the cabinet to find a tea cup, pouring the hot water and dunking a tea bag into his cup several times before applying sugar and milk. His pinky extended he sipped the cup lightly, grinning at Akieen as she had her arms crossed once more as she observed the Lich, his eyes wandering as his hair tossed about lightly.[/size]

[size=3]OOC: Hope this is good, wanted to make a bang with his entrance.[/size] Edited by Darth Vectis

Akieen blinked rapidly, not sure how to handle the newer creature in the house, she opened her mouth to speak, but surprised the entire group as a loud growl bubble forth. Her canines extended fully as she growled more, the scent wafting through the air one she had smelt before, and what followed she was not looking forward to another meeting with them. 

"Out the back, now."

They all looked back at her seeming confused til Mikhail stood, his shoulders squared, she also saw Kayin stiffen as well, Mikhail looked at her.

"What is that?"
"That? That would be Hellhounds. The devil's bloodhounds. We need to move now."

She moved towards the back, throwing open the door only to snap her jaws in irritation and let out a growl as a tall man stood in the door way swinging a pocket watch. 

"Darian, must you do that to me?"
He smiled showing small, pointed fangs, a low growl came from Mikhail.

"He's a tick."
Akieen shook her head as Darian frowned at the name.

"He's a friend, and ally. Dar, there are-"
"Hounds, I know. I heard them. Follow me, I can get you out of here safe. Even the human."

Ivil turned pale as the door to the shabby apartment began to shake as if something were trying to bust it down.

"You need to hurry. Aki, you can either fight these beasts, or you can follow me."

Akieen growled and turned to the others.

"Move, now. Fighting these things in broad daylight is maddness."

Kayin crossed his arms.

"And why is that?"
She bared her teeth at him, her eyes turning violet in her anger.

"Because we can't see them!"

They all looked back at the door as it cracked, growls and snapping jaws could be heard on the others side as deep, jagged claw marks marred the tiled floor. Darian nodded.

"Right,this way."

Leaping from the balcony he landed on the street gracefully, Akieen grabbed Ivil and nodded to the others.

"Let's go."

Just as they all readied them selves for the jump the door behind them shattered into splinters. Without waiting Akieen threw her self off and landed on her feet, the others hot on her heels, as soon as she landed Darian streaked away, his scent giving her a clear path of where to go.

"This way!"

Still hauling Ivil with her she sprinted after Darian, hoping the others were behind her.

After what seemed like a short run they came to a large, elaborate building, classical music could be heard from within. 

"A tick den? You expect us to be safe in there?"
Akieen looked over her shoulder at Mikhail.

"Vampires and our kind are not like they are in your home kid. We actually get along here."
She ushered them all inside, listening, watching for any signs of the Hellhounds, following once everyone was inside. The room was decorated in gold and white, beautifully accented with dark bronze furniture and drapes.

"Not bad Darian, how did you allow us in but not them?"

He pointed behind her, she could clearly see a line of mixed dust lining the doors and windows.

"Ash, from the old sanctuary that burnt down all those years, mixed with brick dust and salt. Should keep most enemies out."

Akieen nodded as she looked around the home of the Corvus clan, looking back at Darian she heaved a sigh.

"I take it the elders have heard?"
An old, thick and raspy voice called from the stairwell behind them.

"Rasputin as been revived and it planning on opening Hell's Gate."

Akieen tilted her head from side to side.

"Ehh, something like that yes."
The elder chuckled and moved forward embracing her.

"Old friend, you haven't aged a day. How are you?"
Akieen returned the embrace with a soft laugh.

"I'm getting by, and your much older them me Malachai, therefore you are aged."
She chuckled as he nodded and crossed his arms behind his back with a smile. His bright green eyes twinkling with his smile. Akieen shook her head, the only way to tell the clans apart were their eyes. Corvus were known for their Glowing green eyes, Elfik for their piercing blue, Taki for the animalistic yellow, and Agaline, for the demonic red. 

"So, why harbor us Malachai?"

"You are an old friend Akieen, you are an original and must be protected. Also, I hear you all are going to try and stop this madman?"
Akieen frowned.

"You have good ears."
"Thank Darian, he's been my ears for me."
She rolled her eyes, remembering another small fact about the Corvus clan, interclan telepathy. Each young from the elder could communicate with their creator. Sighing she finally put Ivil down, who looked nervous which in turn made the elder chuckle.

"Do not be frightened young man. Our kind no longer kill humans for the need to live. We have our own people who live among us to allow us to feed when it is needed. We nourish them and keep them healthy. They live out their lives in luxury and comfort. All we need is to take blood from them once a week in order to sustain our living."

Ivil seemed to calm down, and Akieen couldn't help but notice that he was the only one out of the two stressed team mates that had. Mikhail was still tense and clenching his teeth.

"I see you have brought a young one with you Akieen. He is not like the rest. He seems to have better control of his poison then the others."

"He hails from Russia."
"I see, interesting. Well, darkness is upon us. Please, take rest and relax before you begin your hunt. Food is being prepared in the kitchens as we speak. I could talk them into adding a few red meat dishes."

Akieen felt her mouth water instantly.
"Malachai, you certainly know how to charm a lady."

She put her arm over his shoulder and began to follow him, stopping as howls rent the air. The hair on the back of her neck stood on end as Malachai let out a hiss.

"Abominations. All of them."
"Forgive me Malachai. Had I known-"
"You trusted to easily child. Knowing comes with age."

More howls came from all around them, as hisses came from Malachai's children as they entered the main hall, Mikhail getting more tense as more entered.
"Akieen, were you followed?"
"Hellhounds..."

Malachai shook his head.

"These are no Hellhounds dear, these are the human spawn that ravage this earth like a plauge."

He cracked his neck as the lights went out sending them into darkness.

"Let them come. My children have already hidden our humans away in safety, we will hide your's as well and face these beasts as we always have. Head on with fangs barred."
Akieen nodded as two younger vampires took Ivil away to hide him somewhere safe.

"He will not be harmed. I assure you."
"I trust you Malachai. Is Darian-"
"He is outside now, scanning the area, he says there are hundreds of them, smelling of blood and death already. He says the city is silent as if death as ravaged her tonight. A slaughter has taken place this night my dear. Rasputin as made his first move."
"What do you mean?"
"I shall explain after we live through this."
She nodded as the window above them shattered, raining glass on them, Darian landing on his feet, his eyes glowing dangerously as were wolves dropped down among them as well. The fight was on as Akieen felt her skin stretch tight, her bones crack and break as her screams of pain turned to howls of anger, her large white form charged through the infected, towering over the hunched beasts as she grabbed one and threw him through the nearest window.

The mixture of noises was enough to make any werewolf frantic and crazy, but the mixture of scents almost toppled Mikhail as their hunters and attackers entered with a surge of blood lust for their party members.  Now, this coven was under attack after offering their assistance, something that history rarely mentions in famous battles, but this was far from a page to be remembered.  The atmosphere was tense enough for Mikhail, to be associated with "ticks"....a common word his pack always called the vampires in Russia.  Never the less, he would have to deal and accept their help for the shelter, but now it seems they were in need of assistance in surviving from this onslaught.  Mikhail was not one to shy away from owing anyone back, and it would hurt his pride to ever be helped without lending a hand to a ti...a vampire.  To the wolf's right, he could see some of the vampire children assaulting one of their attackers, three against one was hardly a fair fight, but these kin of Malachi were indeed strong and strong willed to protect their coven.  However, the enemy should never be underestimated.  Mikhail grunted as he was tackled to the floor from behind, the sheer force caught the werewolf off guard as the two creatures rolled back and forth, Mikhail trying his best not to be bitten by this changed hellspawn human.  Growls and hisses now filled the room as if it were a scene from a dramatic battle from a movie, both sides fighting for their lives as more of the enemy forces breached its way inside the building.  Mikhail now on his back, held onto the wrists of his attacker, dodging the stabbing bites the human made for hit face one by one, there was a loud cracking sound as Barracus' cane dealt a swift blow to the back of the hellspawn's head, clearly breaking the skull in one swift motion.  Mikhail tossed the body off of his as a hand was extended to help him up.

"Come dear fellow, the hounds are released as we must join the hunt"  Barracus nodded with haste, but the tone of his voice threw the werewolf off.  Was this man serious or being playful?  Mikhail accepted the hand, being pulled to his feet with such ease as the two men scanned their surroundings. 

"Thanks....I think.  There are too many of them for us to take on"

"Too many?  No, not too many.  Perhaps, I'm never good with mathematics unless it has to do with birds"  Barracus took a side step, extending his arm as another hellspawn human came close, connecting his elbow to the creatures throat for a hard close line attack.  Mikhail raised his eyebrow slightly at the show of strength and skill, Barracus simple twirled his cane and took down two more turned humans with accurate strikes to the head.  Both fell before the two men.

"Now then, are we winning?  I can never tell"  Mikhail grabbed a hellspawn by the neck after a failed attempt at rushing for the werewolf, turning slightly, the werewolf tossed the human hellspawn like a rag doll to the wall, hearing the bones of his body break as a loud shreek tore through his mouth from the impact.  "Well done my boy, fine work indeed.  It was fine work, was it not?"

"I guess so"  The werewolf was always confused by the tone of Baraccus' voice, but having him as an ally never seemed to question him, just his logic.  Akieen swiped at a couple of the creatures that thought they had cornered the original werewolf, with a might bat of her claw she sent them hurtling through the air with ease.  She let out a mighty roar from her throat as she continued her attack, Malachai at her side as the skilled vampire protected the group and his children with expertise and age old tactics.  Barracus continued defending the two as Mikhail dashed off to assist a young vampire from being mauled, her hisses loud as she gasped for air, holding onto her attackers arm, bearing her nails into its skin to release her throat for air.  Mikhail dealt a swift punch to the hellspawns side, then to his face when it had turned around to see its attacker, once the blow connected, he released his hold onto the vampire child.  She gasped as they both stared at one another with hard, hatred filled looks.  Mikhail's fangs slowly showed while the vampire girl merely scrunched her face, the werewolf was heated and raged, but shakenly he extended his hand to assist the young girl up from the floor.  She nodded and took his help without question.

"Thank you"  She coughed, then hearing more hisses, she fled to assist her family.  Loud gunshots echoed upstairs as Dark made sharpshooter strikes against the hellspawn, covering Darian's back as the two formed their small circle as they slowly descended down to the others, killing off their enemy one by one.  When Dark had to reload his mystical bullets, Darian would take the role of defending until Dark's weapon was fully loaded, then the fight would continue.  For a brief moment, all the vampires seemed to pause in their actions, as if being warned about something.  Mikhail and Akieen sensed something was amiss as well until both looked at one another, feeling the strange hurting coming from both their hearts.  Kayin quickly sliced at a hellspawn that was about to jump onto Akieen's back, landing gracefully on the ground, flicking his katana so the blood would leave his blade. 

"What's going on?"  Kayin questioned, but as soon as he questioned, the fighting seemed to become more intense for the vampires, and more enemies invaded their home.  The hunter quickly resumed his slashes at more hellspawn that drew near him, cutting with such ease it were as if their bodies were made of water as they fell at the hand of his blade, one by one.   

"They've found the human scent, and I cannot contact my children who were sent to escort them"  Malachai hissed as he back handed two hellspawn who lunged for him, sending them sprawling on the ground.  Mikhail quickly sniffed out Ivil's scent, it lingered slightly but was still strong enough to trace. 

"We'll handle it good sir, as gentlemen should"  Barracus grabbed onto Mikhail's shoulder and the two dashed off towards the far side door.  The building was larger inside than it appeared on the outside, There was a wooden door entrance that lead to a sub basement, it had been torn through with little resistance.  Blood was in the air, dead blood from what Mikhail could figure.  Loud thumping could be heard from the bottom as four hellspawn creatures clawing and pounding away at the massive entrance.  Barracus tapped onto Mikhail's shoulder with his cane lightly to get his attention.

"See there good fellow?  That's a sign they still have manners.  Or is it?  Maybe they're just impatient"  Barracus stated loud enough to grab the creatures attention.  They turned slightly to see the Werewolf and Lich Lord come down onto them with such might and vigor.  These creatures seemed to be stronger than the ones in the man hall, Mikhail could barely see their movements as he dodged and stayed away from their claw strikes.  Without noticing though, two hellspawn fell from above, hiding in the shadows as they landed on top of both Mikhail and Barracus.  Barracus was able to throw his attacker off of his body and resume the fight, Mikhail growled in pain as one planted his sharp fangs into his shoulder, holding tight as the werewolf stumbled.  Barracus swung his cane with such force at Mikhail's attacker, it forcefully removed its head, the creatures body went limp on the floor as Mikhail held onto his shoulder.  The pain was blinding, but Mikhail could no longer keep his rage in check as he shook and growled, drooling from his mouth as he howled, releasing his rage as his body morphed and grew into his white wolf form, tall and strong as his yellow eyes peered to his attackers.  Barracus smiled as he jumped high into the air and landed on Mikhail's back, grabbing onto a patch of hair and pointing to his enemies with his cane, Mikhail snarled and snapped at the air, his claws digging into the cement ground  His own blood staining his fur as it flowed freely from his wound.  The wolf felt the burning sting eat at him, the feeling of his strength weakening, but the pain made the wolf stronger as he bared his fangs at the hellspawn.   

"Come my boy, we have work to do"  Mikhail howled before charging at their enemies while Barracus protected his high ground with his cane, laughing as he swung his tool with glee. 

Dark held his pistol in front of him, shooting rounds off as the monsters came racing at him. With a cruel smile and a righteous flair, he spun around picking off the foul creatures. They didn't seem to know when to stop coming. His aim for their heads was dead on, and the ensuing gore mucked up the nice clean walls. "I am so not cleaning this up." he commented. Looking down at his designer vest and trenchcoat, he sighed in disgust at the blood and organic matter on him. "Darian, right?" he asked the vampire fighting along side him. Dark blasted another round off into another were-wolf as it leaped at the vampire.

"Yes, what is it?" he replied, snapping the neck of a monster as it charged him.

"I'm charging your people to have my clothes dry cleaned." Dark lifted up his suitcase to block the attack of another, its claws shattering against the case. It howled in pain, reeling back, and Dark smiled. "Idiot." He casually lifted his pistol and fired a round into the middle of its forehead. Brain matter splattered on the wall behind the were-wolf and it fell lifeless to the floor. "I remember these creatures being a lot tougher." he commented, shrugging. "I guess times change."

Darian looked at Dark in disbelief at his casual attitude. "Who the hell are you?" he asked.

"You may call me Dark. Now, about that dry cleaning bill..."

"It can wait!" Darian yelled at him. "We have bigger problems right now, you loon!"

"It's been awhile since I've been called that. How refreshing." Smiling, Dark leveled his suitcase, and wished he'd kept his umbrella on him. He'd left it by the front door along with several others he'd seen sitting in a bin. Aiming at the horde of monsters coming at him from a broken down wall, he smiled wide and flicked an almost invisible switch on the handle of the case.

The steady sound of the machine gun inside the case let loose in the air, loud and unmistakable. With a wide smile on Dark's face, the machine gun rounds ripped through the crowd of monsters, leaving several corpses piled at the base of the wall and more still inside the hole. Several other were-wolves tried entering, but they were met with a barrage of gunfire and Dark made short work of them. Soon enough, as he kept firing, and after killing several more wolves, the suitcase ran out of ammo and he was forced to resort to his pistol again. He threw the suitcase at another wolf, and took advantage of it being caught off-guard to remove its head with another shot. "Damn. Last bullet." Reaching out, he snatched a wolf by the scruff of its neck and tossed it back out the broken window. Whirling around, he shoved his gun down the throat of another wolf and then used it as leverage to rip the wolf's head off. He launched himself across the room, aiming a blow with the butt of his muck covered gun into the lower abdomen of a massive were-wolf that lumbered through the shattered door. It haunched over from the blow, the air knocked out of it's lungs. Picking it up by the neck, he threw it into a wolf about to attack Darian. Dark reached out and snapped the leg off of a nearby chair, and ran his finger against the jagged edge, lighting it on fire. He stabbed a were-wolf in the groin about to slice him into bits, and it doubled over before suddenly it screamed as a loud FWOOSH! accompanied fire erupting from every orifice in it's body. It fell, smouldering. 

"A sorcerer?" Darian said, taken back in surprise. "Akieen seems to have made the most peculiar friends." The vampire punched through the chest of a were-wolf, removing it's heart and spinal column.

"Live a couple milleniums. You'll do that." Dark chided jokingly. He pulled the still flaming chair leg from the corpse and threw it into the head of another, lighting it's fur on fire and sending it into a blind, burning panic. "Damn, I meant to impale it." Dark rolled across the room, jutting up with his feet into the jaw of a wolf, before spinning on his hands and grabbing it by the neck with his legs. In a swift, fluid motion, he used one of his many observed fighting moves to throw the furry abomination into the burning wolf, and then backflipped over to grab the chair leg. Grasping it tightly, he moved his hands along it and it  elongulated into a flaming  wooden spear. He launched it to hit both of the two wolves square in the chest. With his eyes shimmering black, the fire on it erupted, the explosion rendering the wolves dead and the floor and ceiling scorched. And wolf parts raining down around the room.

"I think we'll call it even with that dry cleaning bill." Dark commented, looking around. There were no more wolves in the room, but it was obvious they had infiltrated other areas of the vampire den. Darian was lying on his back, having been knocked from his feet from the blast. Dark held his hand out to the vampire to help him up. "Oh, sorry about that. I didn't mean for you to get knocked around..."

"In all my years, I've never seen a sorcerer do all that hand to hand and use so little of his power." The vampire said as he got to his feet.

Dark smiled. "I've drained the souls of a few prized assassins in my time. They tasted like chocolate."

Edited by Inuyasha Fandom

As quickly as his attackers came, they were cut down with little remorse as Kayin slashed through them, using solely Raikoujin. These hellspawn, as they were, were nothing compared to the creatures from the abyss. His blade made quick work in single slashes as two more assailants came after him. However, it seemed as though there was no end to them. He nodded his two allies good luck as they went after the humans who were being evacuated. He hadn't had a chance to find out what was going on, but he had no intention of letting these vampires have their home taken over. He knew there were good beings of every kind and this clan in particular, he had come across in his past. He had an alliance to them whenever they needed their light work dealt with or at least warned. When the warning turned violent, Kayin ended the violence then and there. He was the only one who had to get his hands dirty and the pay was good and so was having a sense of camaraderie, even with vampires. But this time was more than he'd ever seen before. This time was going to be hell.

Kayin quickly whipped around and impaled one of the beasts through its open mouth as it lunged for him, pulling his blade toward him and slicing it's head open from the throat outward. He flicked the blood from his blade and began to move before his eyes darted back to the beast he thought he had fell and stabbed it through the top of its skull before it could latch its fangs on his leg. "The more resilient ones are coming... This could get troublesome..." his eyes shifted to dark as he heard one of the lycans burst into flame. He raised an eyebrow as he saw Dark had thrown the torch. Kay had to brace himself for the explosion that was to follow as Dark blasted a few more of the wolves. As Kayin recovered from the impact, he looked back to Dark with a raised eyebrow to the chocolate tasting souls comment. Guess mother had a taste for chocolate then... he thought to himself. His thoughts were severed as he felt two pairs of fangs glance off of his shoulders when he lowered his stance. His eyes widened slightly as he realized he almost didn't sense these wolves. His eyebrow twitched as they rushed him again and he slashed the two of them simultaneously as he had drawn Meidenkou out in his attack. "No more time for playing around I guess..."

"Holding up alright, my demon-blooded friend?" came from Darian as he slammed one of the werewolves heads into the wall, completely crushing its skull before tearing its heart out through its back. "I hadn't expected to have to actually fight alongside you like this."

"I'm holding up fine, thanks," Kayin said with a brief smirk. "Enjoying the workout." He turned as several more werewolves broke in through his peripheral and he sheathed Meidenkou before clenching his fist. He turned his stance sideways before swinging an opened hand toward the wolves and a bolt of lightning slammed into one, jumping to each of the others and leaving four werewolves on the floor; lifeless and singed. He flexed his knuckles as the sparks around his hand lessened. He lowered his hand and saw another set of wolves charge through the same way the last four he fell were, but they didn't give him nearly enough time to toss another bolt. He slashed through two of them and repelled the third, but the fourth managed to clamp its jaws down on Kayin's arm when he raised it to guard. He watched the wolf's teeth break on impact as he threw the beast from his, now, armored and clawed forearm. "I suppose it was a good try!" he shouted as he slashed through the first repelled wolf and then lunged his claw through the defanged wolf's chest, tearing its heart out and tossing it aside. He flung blood from both his blade and his arm in the same manner, shaking his head. "Guess the kid gloves come off..." he said as his other arm took on the same form.

Once again, he drew out Meidenkou from her sheath, looking to Dark and Darian. "Feels like there would be an end to these wretched beasts, but they're almost like a hydra. The more we kill, the more that come and they seem to be sending in their weaker soldiers first. We'll need to be able to coordinate if we start getting overwhelmed."

Edited by Kayin

"Onward my furry steed! Smash those coconuts I want to see where all that milk comes from!" Barracus yelled over the roar of the massive beats he now road, the man known as Mikhail, a person he had already perceived as a worthy ally was rampaging through the hordes that seemed to try mauling both the Lich Lord and the werewolf. Barracus laughed with glee as he swung his cane once more, smashing another in the face while he held on to Mikhail with his other hand, his top hat was stilled settled atop the Lich's head. It was a miraculous feat that he kept the hat firmly settled with only having to grab it whenever Mikhail would rear from either his need to roar out his aggression or when something would strike him from behind. Usually, Barracus took care of his rear, but he was easily distracted in this situation as so many bodies seemed to flood around them, like an ocean of pain and screams.

â??This is some thirsty work, Charles! Where are you? I need my refreshment! Charles?â? Barracus seemed to be genuinely searching for his manservant, unable to find him seemed to frazzle the Lich more so then anything else around him. He felt a rage instill within him, the audacity of Charles to be nowhere in sight when he needed him most.

â??Dammit it all Charles!â? The Lich lashed out with ferocity now, his cane channeling his power with ease as it spewed forth a bolt of lightning that he sent sailing out, chaining between the hellspawn and killing several as the first few literally exploded from sudden pressure build up while the others that followed turned black and crunchy. Barracusâ?? furry seemed to grow as he lashed out with fire, a wave of golden flame splashing down on several hellspawn, leaving them screaming in agony as it burned to the bone. But, his waves only seemed to destroy the weaker beings as the stronger flooded forward. Barracus hardly noticed as he seemed to be searching for Charles. It suddenly seemed a switch flipped in his mind as a smile appeared upon his face and he bellowed a laugh from atop Mikhail.

â??Oh Charles! Are we playing a game again? You know how much I love games! My boy, we are looking for Charles Talonworth, I do so enjoy these times.â? Barracus used his feet to try and move Mikhail forward, but his insistent jabs of his ankles to the werewolfâ??s chest was hardly anything about that the creature could feel. Mikhail was in his own world, fighting with rage and ferocity achieved by the werewolfâ??s alone. If Barracus had been able to appreciate the marvel of power beneath him, it would have astonished him. But, his mind being so warped with time and the transformation of being a Lich Lord had done its damage. Barracus didnâ??t notice that Mikahil was losing steam, that his new ally was starting to stumble and that his new wound was poisoning his system. The rage and constant movement of the fight had accelerated the actions of the poison; Mikhail was losing strength every second. And the fact the Lich was drawing power from his rage was also putting a drain on his body, the more he fought, the more Barracus took. The werewolf stumbled now, lashing out with his claws that ripped the faces off more hellspawn. He stumbled forward, falling to a knee and using a massive hand to keep from falling to the ground. Mikhails chest heaving heavily as his body was raked with pain from the poison and the wounds he had sustained while keeping the Lich aloft. Barrcus roared with glee as he jumped off Mikahils back and slammed his cane in the ground, the earth ripping up in a solid wave. Sending hellspawn scattering everywhere, giving them time.

â??Yes, I had planned them from the very beginning. Boom goes the dynamite! Wait no, that wasnâ??t planned, why would you tell me that? That was moronic of you to suggest such a thing as a plan, lets perhaps look at it as coincidental demolition of unfamiliar property. No, that sounds stupid as well. What am I doing again?â? Barracus turned to look to the companion he had been with moments ago, to see a human resting where the beats had been moments ago.

â??Ah my boy! You have returned I am so glad to see you alive and well. Be careful, there is a big white wolf running around smashing coconuts. He did a bang up job but I believe the coconuts are revolting again.â? Mikhail was still breathing hard when he looked up to the Lich, an almost maniacal smile showed on Barracus face. Mikahils head drooped once more as his body shook from the effort, using both hands to support himself for now.

â??We need to go Lich, help me up.â? Barrcaus had a questioning look on his face then, looking unsure of the proportion made before him.

â??Go? Go where? We have more coconuts to smash and more milk to drink; I want my damn umbrella in my coconut drink! Where is my umbrella?â? The precious moments Barracus had obtained with his power was lost to his madness as they started to swarm in again. A hellspawn of larger proportion smashing into Barrcus from behind, sending theLich sailing through the air as it raced toward Mikhail. Barracus landed in a heal as more smaller hellspawn swarmed him, trying to tear him apart, biting, clawing, scratching, ripping and mauling the aristocrat. Barracus fought feebily, giggling as the creature did what they could to try and destroy their target.

â??I say, stop that, it tickles! I really donâ??t enjoy being tickled, stop it. Stop it! STOP IT!â?</strong> Barracus let out a burst of energy, light condensed into a denser form to burn and dismember the creatures around him. He rose from the ground, his body torn, his abdomen pulled apart by claws, his left forearm hanging by the tendons. His right leg mangled with bone pushing its way out of his thigh and his right eye had popped out and burst from the brutal attack. None of it seemed to affect him as he clenched his cane with his right hand and gritted his teeth with an expression of pure rage and hatred. He looked down to see his top had been tramped with a set of claws having torn through it.

â??You uncivilized, disrespectful, expendable cur have ruined my suit and my hat! This was favorite bloody hat! MY hat!â? Barracus tossed the hat down as he lashed out with raw power, his body started to mend with the release of energy. Dark voids of nothingness appearing as it pulled in all those around, the spawn getting yanked into a void and crushed by the power of the black hole before exploding outward, sending the creatures everywhere as he walked through their charging ranks. The bone rebuilt in his arm, connecting the two pieces as the muscles and ligaments reattached themselves. His femur sliding its way back into his thigh and reconnecting with a sickening crack while his abdomen re-grew all the lost material and closed up his skin. That quickly changed as he suddenly seemed to start to wither, his skin losing color rapidly as his eyes became more sunken and his hair started to fall away in patches. His power continued to rage forward, both from his cane and his hand.

His cane started to gnarl and grow, becoming a staff with a solid black, jagged stone resting atop the blacken staff. The Lich showed his true form now, his body having withered and decayed as his muscle tone and mass seemed to vanish even though he stomped forward. His source of power having vanished with the werewolf losing to his poisoning, Barracus was drawing form his own energy now. A plentiful supply, but his own rage was making his energy drain his youthful exterior. His speech decayed with his form, losing the ability to speak the common language he had been before, he was speaking in a tongue that others would not have heard before in this day and age. No longer able to manipulate the elements as effectively, he moved toward the hulking beast trying to overcome Mikhail. Even in human form, the werewolf held his ground, keeping the creature at bay but was losing ground in his weakened state. Barrcaus levled his staff and released an inky black energy that emanated a green aura. The energy mass struck the hellbeast dead on, the necrotic energy taking effect immediately as it ate away the creatureâ??s chest. A high pitched wail rose as the creature disengaged and tried to scrap the dying wound away. This only caused it to spread as the death moved to its hands, eating away at everything it could. Barracus had closed the distance in that time, his withered hand reaching out and snatching the beasts face. His touch eroded the beats face in moments as it flailed on the ground without a further sound.

â??Surge Mikhail, habemus multum ad facere obmutesce!â?( Rise Mikhail, we have much to do still!)The werewolf simply looked at him, unsure of what to do as he did not understand what was said Barracus held out his hand. Mikahil reached up cautiously, having seen the damage incurred upon the hellbeast. Clapping hands together, the withered form lifted him with ease, in his true form, Barracusâ?? mind retuned to him. His thoughts clear and the madness at bay for now, though it could rise anytime he was in more control.

â??Bonum certamen belli est parvulus adhuc viveret.â?(It is good you still live young one there is a war to fight.) Mikhail held on to his side as he did his best to understand, simply nodding in what he thought was said. Barracus turned away and turned toward the carnage around them, the bodies had grown higher but there were still more coming. They had slowed near the Lich, as even beasts understood when death was near. His staff was firmly planted into the ground as the husk of Barracus faced the hordes, looking toward the house as well, he knew what he needed to do. But he would have to move quickly, being in this form alerted other Lichâ??s to his presence and they had more than enough problems on their hands as it was.

â??Amicos meos animas non tenebis. Augete a tumulos vestros filios meos et pugnare pro tua deus!â?(You will not take the souls of my allies. Raise from your graves my children and fight for your god!) He raised his staff, then slammed the butt into the ground, sending a wave of black energy in the soil. The effect was almost immediate as the earth shook and the ground split apart, hands made of bone and weapons of a time long past rose from the dirt as warrior long dead heeded the call of their master. The bodies of the torn apart hellspawn rose as well, mangled or not they answered the call as well and came to the Lichs aid as they flooded forward in their own horde. Racing into the mass that approached their place, while the rest marched onto the manor they had been residing, Barracus started his walk back to the house. His minions would last as long as he remained the Lich. Once he changed, they would fall to dust, back to their domain until he called once more. Barracus stopped once he reached Mikhail and hoisted on arm on his shoulders, the boney processâ?? pushing on the werewolfs arm as they limped back up into main part of the house.

Edited by Darth Vectis

Akieen stiffened as she felt the air shift, she shuddered in her wolf form letting out a growl, Malachai pressed to her back.

"You felt it as well then my dear."

Her voice was deep and graveled as she answered.

"Who wouldn't...you don't think..."
"It is not a presence I fear child. It is friend not foe."

She nodded and growled as Malachai hissed, a infected snapping it's jaws at the elder Vampire, baring his own fangs Malachai threw the beast off him self, slumping forward onto his knees in his own exhaustion. The battle had been going for hours, though it seemed like mere moments. In his age Malachai was getting tired. Akieen saw red as she caught another infected trying to lunge for her old friend. Growling dangerously she dropped to all fours and stood over the worn out vampire. her hulking form covering him as she protected him. None of the others were close to her as a swarm of infected surrounded her and the elderly vamp, baring her teeth she refused to move as a few moved in. Snapping her jaws in warning one or two of the lower class infected seemed to take the message and back away slightly, til the larger ones moved forward giving them confidence back. Having had enough she reared back on her hind legs, picked up Malachai and threw him upward, extending his claws the old man stuck to the ceiling much like a cat. 

Akieen shifted her attention back to the mob staring her down.

"You all really don't want this problem..."

Kayin's voice sounded to her left.

"I doubt they care. I've not given them the chance."

She could see small sparks coming from the half demon as he whipped blood and gore from his blade and claws. Looking around she wanted to cry, so many of Malachai's children had been killed...and these things...they were essentially her own children in a way...born of her blood... letting out a strangled howl she plowed into them, sending many on their back. She ripped into them relentlessly, gore and chunks of flesh and bone covered the floor and walls around her, large tears escaped her eyes as she went through what was left of the horde, dragging some with her that refused to let go. Barracus' own minions taking care of any stragglers that she left in her wake. Pinning the last infected down she slowly began to transform back into her human state, ripping it's throat out, bringing it's spine along with it. Her face streaked with tears as she looked up, her pale pink hair stained red and hanging in wet tresses across her body keeping her somewhat modest as she backed away from the dead body, bringing her knees to her chest as she sat on the blood soaked tile of the main hall.

Malachai walked over to her, and drapped a blanket across her shoulders to cover her, looking up at him her ice blue eyes glared with so much hurt, that the older man could see the physical pain she was in. 

"Come along young ones, we'll get you clean and fed. This night has been pressing for all of us. I think we all need a small rest."

Akieen shook her head and looked out the window as the sun's rays began to lighten the darkened sky, the light tinted red from the death of that night.

"We need to look for survivors..."
"My child...if there are any, they will find us. Our house is very well known in this part of town. Even if they do not know what we are, they know we provide shelter and protection."
Akieen nodded, then shook her head.

"...This mess...Mal...what are you-"

"My children and I shall see to this deification. You and your companions need to rest."

She opened her mouth but closed it as Darian dropped down beside them, his face sullen, Malachai looked up at him in shock before nodding.

"My dear...I'm afraid I have sad news to tell you..."

She looked up at him, her face already swollen and red from her emotions.

"The human you brought with you...he- He perished in the battle..."

Akieen stood now, her eyes wide, not caring of her state of undress as she shook her head.

"What?! I thought you said-"

Darian cut her off.

"I tried, he kept going on and on about him having a job to do, he pulled out a pistol full of these-" He handed her a small bullet "And starting firing off...it only seemed to drive the beasts mad, they swarmed me and I couldn't...I couldn't save him in time..."

Akieen nodded before she pushed her hand into her hair, it was beginning to dry and become crusted with the blood and gore of the fight.

"Malachai, I need a shower...and a change of clothes."

The old man nodded and summoned one of his daughters to help her, she followed the younger vampire up a stairwell, looking over her shoulder at the others as she did so, they all looked exhausted, and all of them were covered in blood from head to toe...all but Barracus who stood mourning his shredded top hat. They had been through hell already, but she could at least say this much...when needed they all organized well with one another. Sighing she entered the large room, she could smell the steaming water before she even saw it.

"I asked for-"
"The bath is to help loosen some of the blood from your skin and hair Lady Akieen. The shower is waiting."

Akieen hated being addressed that way but nodded none the less and sighed as the girl left. 

Dropping the bloodied blanket to the floor she walked in and submerged her self into the copper bathtub instantly, her thick hair floating on the surface of the water. Finally coming up for air she scrubbed her face hard and looked up squaking as the hulking form of a man in widow made her frown, the wind blowing in his scent. 

"Darian..."

"You need to know something before my father decides to keep it from you..."
"What Darian?"
"He knows..."

With that, the man back flipped out her window and out of sight, Akieen paled suddenly...Did Malachai know of her only secret...the only one she had kept to her self? No one should know but her...a curt knock on her door made her jump.

"Who is it?"
"Might I intrude child? You've been in there for nearly an hour now."

Had that much time really passed? It felt as if she had just gotten into the room...into the bath. Sighing she nodded knowing he could not see her through the door.

"I suppose."
The door creaked open allowing Malachai to enter slowly, his hand resting on a small silver cane he looked to use, though never needed. It was all for show she guessed.

"I fear I need to talk to you about something dear. New information has reached me and I confess I am rather intrigued."

"Ask away old friend."
Malachai nodded slowly as he pulled a chair to the doorway of the bathroom, staying behind the cracked door. 

"I've heard a wild rumor of you being able to create another of your kind."
Akieen growled low in her throat.

"I don't have the ability to do that Malachai. And you know I won't even if I did."

Malachai nodded slowly knowing that was going to be her answer.

"But if you did know of a way...would you reveal it to a nosy old man?"
"What would he gain from knowing?"
"As to why one of his oldest and most beautiful friends has yet to cure her loneliness."

"I'm not lonely Mal. And...there is a way. I just refuse to put someone through it..."
"And?"

Akieen hesitated for a moment before sighing.

"I'd have to find love first Mal...something I doubt a creature like me will find."
"You must procreate... mustn't you?"

She remained silent giving him all he confirmation he needed, leaving her room she was very much aware of how alone she was, and how right Malachai might have been. But then she recalled the small group she had waiting down stairs and sighed as she rose from the bathtub and rinsed off in the shower. Her own floral/feminine scent filling the bathroom. Stepping out and drying off she slowly moved back down stairs to see the rest of the small team cleaned up and in new cloths provided by Malachai and his coven. Barrucus was sporting a new suite and matching top hat which he seemed pleased with. She descended the stairs, the clothes she received fitting her well enough. The tight long sleeve shirt, being a pale baby blue, flared sleeves covered her hands as a black vest hugged her mid-drift and tapered into her hips. The dark skinny jeans disappeared into a pair of tall brown leather boots. Her hair, still wet hung around her shoulders in a pale curtain.

Malachai met her at the bottom of the stairs.

"There is a meal waiting for us in the dining room. We shall discuss matter there."

She nodded and followed him, the others following. Once seated at the table Malachai folded his hands together and rested his chin on them.

"I have information pertaining to your target."
She nodded, her heart still heavy from death of that night.

"You were saying something about that before, what exactly do you know that we don't?"

"There are keys to opening this gate, tonight was the first of many. Each key of the gate must be accented with a blood offering. But this offering must be on a large enough scale to satisfy his master."
"The Devil him self."
Malachai nodded and sat back as the food was brought forward. There was enough there and something for everyone's tastes. Akieen, surprisingly ignored the food though her stomach growled in anger at being denied nourishment  It wasn't until a plate was set in front of her did she come out of her musings somewhat to look up at the person who had set it down. 

Kayin nodded to her as he walked away, silent and stoic as usual as long as she had known him, looking down into the plate she saw with some surprise a large, rare steak as well as few vegetables. Shaking her head slightly she picked up her fork and slowly began to eat, her mind going over what Malachai had said... She suddenly choked on the bite she had taken looking up at him.

"You mean...Mal...you don't mean..."
"This city was the first key...the entirety of it was massacred last night before our battle. Darian has confirmed this information. There is not a single man, woman, or child left alive out side these walls..."
Akieen dropped her fork onto her plate...the information numbing her body.

"A-and how many more of these...keys...does he need Malachai...?"

"666..."

"...Thats...he'd destroy so many cities...so many lives?"
"If not the entire world my dear. Now, I am not sure if that information is true, but it seems the keys are indeed true as this city is no more...the amount is still unknown."

She nodded.

"We'll speak more of it later young one. Right now, fill your stomachs and rest while you have the chance. Tonight you will need to leave for your journey."

She nodded, picking up her fork, she began to push her food around; her mind still mulled down by all the events and all the information she had given, and received in just a short amount of time. 

Dark looked down at his plate, and then at the impressive banquet laid out on the table. It seemed this formal dining area was one of the few rooms spared in the fight, as it was as pristine and orderly as the rest of the manor as when they had arrived.

"Malachai, might I pose a question?" Dark took a bite of the mashed potatoes, and found them delicious. He'd definitely be copying these with his magic.

"Yes? What is it, Mister...erm...." The old vampire faltered, having not caught the Daemon's name yet.

"You may call me Dark, as can everyone else in this room." He shot a sidelong glance at Akieen filling her pie hole with food. "Now, I have an issue with ammunition for my weapons. Would you be able to procure some for me?" Dark eyed the man, his eyes peering at him, unwavering. "There is no one left alive in this city, correct? I must find more ammunition, and I am sure vampires would be able to offer more than just a standard variety."

The vampire cocked his head. "Yes, that should not be a problem." Malachai leaned forward and pressed his fingers into his chin, smiling slightly. "Might I inquire as to your real name, Dark? I'm quite familiar with your reputation of giving fake names.  The red headed Daemon who likes the name Dark..."

"No. You may not." Dark replied shortly. "I do not give my real name." The pointed warning tone in Dark's voice made even Akieen glance at him. It wasn't often he wasn't perky and upbeat.

"I see. I understand then. Now, is there a particular alloy you would like your ammunition to be made of?"

"Darillium, if you can." Dark made a coughing noise, sounding like he was suffering from the worst smoker's cough imaginable. He lifted his hand to his mouth, and out he hacked a saliva covered orange hued metal slug.

"My god, Dark. That was disgusting. Couldn't you have just conjured it in your hand or something?" Akieen shook her head at him as she shoved more food into her mouth. Dark held the bullet between his thumb and pointer finger, shooting it at Malachai. In a second, he'd snatched the bullet from mid-air and began to inspect it. "Not something you can find so easily, Dark. Darillium is a magical metal harvested to kill supernatural beings with abnormally hard flesh, and is in awfully short supply."

"I'm aware. Can you do it?"

"Yes, but it will take some time."

"Thank you."

Kayin eyeballed Dark, blinking. "Did you... eat that?"

Dark smiled in response. "Of course. It was being saved for a special occasion."

Akieen giggled slightly at Kayin's disbelief at the thought of what Dark had apparently decided to have for a snack. "Kayin, I think you'll find Dark eats a lot of strange things." She giggled again, thinking. "Remember the Queen of France's panties?"

"Hey! I was so not getting busted with the Queen's underwear. You were the one who dared me to steal them. And then called the guards."

"And it was totally worth it to see you eat them to get rid of the proof because you didn't want to have to fight the guards. The look on your face..." she laughed. Mikhail shook his head. "I'll be sure to keep my underwear well away from him..."

"I don't make it a habit to eat underwear." Dark replied, taking a bite of his food. "I much prefer this to cotton."

"That should be your superhero name. Undie Eater Dark." Akieen chuckled.

"Sure, right after they start calling you Madam Fluffy Butt." Dark retorted. Akieen burst out laughing again, and Dark started giggling with her.

"Nutters... the both of you." Kayin remarked, making them laugh even harder.

OOC:  Hey all, apologies for the late response, was having some issues with my account and logging in.

Though the battle may have been averted and at a standstill for the moment, the warriors needed their rest to continue on their quest to rid themselves and the world of the oncoming evil at hand.  Rasputin...a name Mikhail has only heard in history books and known to be one of the most volatile men to ever grace History's chapters with his betrayal and onslaught onto the Russian people.  Still, Mikhail would never have guessed such a man was mixed in with all of this mess...the supernatural, the creatures of the night.  The werewolf thought it was way before his time before the originator was created, apparently that wasn't the case or the matter at hand.  He was up to no good, and their goal was now clear, he had to be stopped before the gates of hell could be reopened.  Mikhail stirred the broth he was served with a very delicate and elaborate spoon given to him at his table setting, the pungent smell of flavored chicken made the werewolf warm as the scent enticed his senses, but he was too worried about what had transpired during his time in the states.  Thinking of the children who, not too long ago, were playing outside with one another while their party waited in the apartment before the ambush, thinking of their fate didn't go well with the werewolf.  To add to the dismay of Malachi losing so many children of his during the assault, and the loss of their human friend Ivil, it was a lot to take in so suddenly.  Akieen seemed to be holding up well, but looks were always something she was good at to make sure others were not so troubled, Mikahil knew though, it pained them both.  When werewolves make a bond with someone, even the slightest of friendships meant a lot to them, no matter how little the time spent.  The scent will always stay in their senses of the person they had a connection with.  Mikhail lazily looked around the table, Dark swallowing an item he had just conjured up moments ago, received a lot of surprises from Kayin and other members.  Barracus seemed to care little about the feast in front of him, merely beaming with glee as he donned his new Top Hat given to him by Malachi to replace the one damaged during their fight defending the steel door down below.  Some small chit chat between the members arose a Mikhail looked around, the poison in his body now lessened, his own genes protecting the man from infection or evil thoughts, but the effects still took place little by little.  It wasn't until his name was called that brought Mikhail out of his entropy and focus back on the conversation.

"I swear my boy, do you clean behind your ears when you bathe?  Can wolves do that while in the bathroom?  It would be an interesting study to examine, or would it?"  Barracus took off his new hat to marvel at the craftsmanship put into it, sturdy and poised like the elegant crazy man was when he needed to be.

"Oh, sorry was just thinking about the whole thing"  Mikhail sighed as he picked up his utensil and tasted the brew for the first time, the contents made him smile slightly.  It was well prepared and the taste was sensational, he was unaware that ticks...no, vampires, could ever be so clever to concoct something like this in their spare time. 

"How is the food fairing for everyone?"  Malachi asked as he took a sip from his crystal champagne glass, clearly though, it wasn't red wine he was drinking, Akieen and Mikhail knew that instantly when it was poured into his glass by one of his human servants.  A small dribble stayed at the corner of Malachai's mouth as he swallowed, but the scent was enough to block out the aroma of the delicious meal in front of them.  It was still something the werewolf would have to get used to, the ticks in Russia were equally elegant and charming, but doubled in their murderous intentions.  

"Excellent, as expected from you Malachi.  Thank you once again for aiding us...yet, I can't help but mourn for the children you lost in the battle"  Akieen wiped her mouth with a silk napkin quickly, the elder vampire closed his eyes, swirling the contents of his glass slightly.

"A shame indeed, they were fierce in battle and did as any of us would to protect our family and loved ones.  They will all be missed, but we cannot wait not to mourn them my dear, the time must be right.  We have more pressing matters to attend to, unfortunately".  Everyone nodded slightly at the comment.  Barracus took a spoonful of his broth and made sure everyone knew of it by the sound he made.

"Wonderful!  Simply wonderful.  That is, this liquid delight you have brought to me,  I must get Charles to prepare this when I return.  Wait, are we going anywhere?  No, no that's absurd, we've only just arrived.  Goodness me, where are my unmentionables I packed?  CHARLES!?"  Barracus looked around slightly annoyed, but continued to enjoy his meal, everyone stated at the Lich Lord, eyebrows raised at his sudden...lunacy.  But, they were beginning to get use to his madness little by little. 

"Speaking of which, what is the next course of action we should take?"  Kayin tore a piece of bread in half as he spoke.

"Rasputin has made his first move, killing off the city to complete one of the keys needed to open the Gates of Hell, but even he can't stay out in the human world for long periods of time."  Malachi spoke as more of his servants came into the dinning room, wheeling around lovely looking salads and desserts on carts for everyone to see.  Dark looked around smiling at the lovely array of sweets, Mikhail finished broth before smelling the sweets in the air, his foot tapping over and over at the delicious aroma. 

"What do you mean by that good sir?"  Barracus stabbed one of the cakes that passed him by, scooping the pastry onto his index finger and inserting it into his mouth.  The maid seemed surprised, but she was forced to place the whole cake in front of the Lich Lord, figuring that was the sweets he desires.  "Come come madam, if I digest this whole thing Charles will have a fit!"

"What I mean is, he is back from the dead, so he is limited to how long he can stay awake without needing a recharge"  Malachi spoke.

"So, where do you think he'll need rest at then?"  Dark questioned, licking his fork of frosting.

"Usually his home land"  Everyone stopped slightly at the response, but they all knew too well where that was, Russia.  Akieen nodded slightly as she took a sip of her drink.

"We need to make a preemptive strike while he slumbers, if at all possible.  But first, we would need to find him first  Mikhail finished his slice of cake happily, it took away the pain from his shoulder, and it was nice to see the vampire girl he had saved early in the grand hall was alive, she was the one who served his treat with a smile.  Both glad to see one another live another day. 

"So once we find him, we can try to get rid of him.  Fine and simple, yet we have a problem in that continent, the Vamburon coven"  Malachi nodded slightly, Mikhail froze for a moment before nodding as well.  Everyone at the table knew of the murderous vampire clan in Russian, the wolf man knows of them too well, having to dodge them at every turn and corner unless he was working at the night club they owned.  It seemed to be neutral territory for everyone, even creatures of the night.  "It wont be a walk in the park, I've worked for them a couple times, very tight bunch of blood suckers...no offense to you sir".

"None at all, I am not favorable of their clan either, which is why we try our best to excommunicate them from our region.  So far, it seems to be working out well."

"Mikhail hails from that area, and probably has more experience in their stomping grounds."  Aikeen spoke up.

"True, however with only just us, we wouldn't survive an assault like we did here.  There are not many werewolves in Russian, most are scattered about in small clans in the mountain areas, I'm the only one who relocated to the main capital.  Still, my pack can communicate telepathically with one another, but I can't reach them from this distance.  However, with our current situation, I don't see a way of us escaping the city without someone finding out"  Mikhail pondered the idea as he spoke.

"I could try to find a teleportation spell to use, I haven't had the need to use them in so long, would be nice to freshen up."  Dark mentioned, Akieen nodded at the comment.  

"Let's get some rest and heal up, I'm sure we could all use some down time before we make a definite plan of action"  With that, everyone stood up from their spots and thanked the human and vampire servants, and thanked Malachi for his generosity.  One by one they were lead to their rooms to get what little rest they could before making a move.  After a nice long shower and soaking time, Mikhail exited the bathroom feeling refreshed and new.  The bite wound on his shoulder was all bit healed up, the bruise lightening in color around his skin from the bite mark.  It came to a shock to the werewolf that his clothes had been taken and cleaned of blood from the battle, the service in his coven was top notch, that was for sure.  Mikhail reached into his jean pocket and took out his phone, making sure to lock the door before making a call back to his home country.  If their group were to travel to Russian sometime soon, they would need at least one safe spot to gather and contemplate a plan of action, unfortunately, his club could not remain neutral if the Vamburon coven had ties with Rasputin.  Mikhail phone rang twice before going to voice mail, Mikhail cursed under his breath, but would have to wait before contacting his ally.

"Ð?алÑ?дÑ?, эÑ?о Ð?иÑ?аил. СлÑ?Ñ?ай, не могÑ? даÑ?Ñ? вам все подÑ?обносÑ?и, но я нÑ?ждаÑ?Ñ?ся в ваÑ?ей помоÑ?и на Ñ?Ñ?о-Ñ?о. Ð?еÑ?езвони мне, когда вÑ? эÑ?ого или пÑ?оснÑ?Ñ?Ñ?ся./Baldr, it's Mikhail.  Listen, can't give you all the details, but I'm in need of your help on something.  Call me back when you get this or wake up. "  Mikhail hung up after his message and laid on the comfortable mattress of his bed, slowly drifting off as the night starts illuminated the night. 

Edited by Shwa

Akieen walked slowly behind the others, til they all were in their rooms before she turned and looked at Malachai, her eyes narrowed.

"Well played speech Mal...but I think we both know most, if not all of what you said is false...So, why don't you talk to me and tell me the truth. Why are you pushing ever so discreetly to Russia, when you and I both know where we should go next."
"You haven't a chance if you go where I think your wanting to go. You have a half demon with you, and a Lich Lord. They would never allow such evil with in their walls."
"They aren't evil, otherwise you would have never let them within your own walls Malachai. Now, tell me what's really going on here."

"My dear, the Russian covens are expanding at an alarming rate, we've had no choice but to associate with them from time to time and things are starting to get heated. With the destruction of this city our resources are even less then before. We need to find new ways of living or we will cease to be."
"So...wait are you telling me your working with them?!"

"Lower your voice woman. And yes, for the moment, I am. They are fierce, much more so then my own family and I am not willing to risk them to such monsters"

"Yet you'll risk them to the infected?"
"I had to, it was in order to keep you alive. If you had come to harm, my house would have been demolished."
"If-for? Wait...Malachai...why were you so curious on how to make another of my kind?"
"I made a deal, to keep my home, my family safe I had to give them what they wanted. What he wanted."
"He...you mean...Malachai, are you working for Rasputin now?"
"The Russian covens are his protectors of sorts. He supplies them, they keep him hidden. He wanted the information. I had to give it to him my dear."
"You just sold me out in other words...your some friend...I can't believe this...do you even have any idea what you've done?"
"I had to. My family-"

"Is royally fucked now Malachai. He killed every human in the city. What's gonna happen when they ones you have living with you now die? You'll all become feral and eventually turn into the wild animals you used to be known as."
"Our humans will not die so easily."
"What do you mean?"
"We give them doses of my blood to sustain them."
Akieen paled and lost her breath for a short moment.

"Your making Golems...HUMAN golems to keep your selves alive? Are you mad Malachai? I thought the whole purpose of your house was coexistence  What happened to that?"

"It is an old fantasy Akieen. Humans still fear us and will never accept us. Rasputin tends to rid the earth of humans and make us the supreme beings."

"Supreme...can you even hear your self right now? If he kills all the humans how will you live? Your Golems? They'll die eventually too ya know."

"He does not intend to kill them, they must cross over. If not, then they will be dealt with."
"Cross over...? You mean change. They either become what we are, or they die. This is madness Malachai. And what of the other Covens, what do they think?"

"The Elfik is being more then difficult, but the others are slowly gaining ground with the idea."
"And you? Your alright with this?"
"I do not need blood to sustain me Akieen. I am an original. And therefore I can live with out it. Though I will be weaker and more aggressive. It's doable."
"And the rest?"
"They will wither with the days."
"So you'll just be alone....isn't that why you made your coven? So you wouldn't be alone?"
"I will not be. He intends to create more of us like my self."
"Mal...why is it that you've never taken a wife? Or had children? Isn't it because you never wanted to put your own children through what you went through? The blood lust? The feeling of dying slowly, painfully yet still being awake for it? Of growing colder each day until your heart beats no more? You've told me your horror stories friend, just as I've told you mine. And your going to let them do that to me? I'll become nothing but a breeding dog. All my children will be taken from me and trained into what he wants, dogs, trained to do what he wants, to transform to protect him. But then they'll have to go through what I went through..."
She took a shuddering breath, her nerves high.

"A hundred years of night after night transformations, every night feeling your bones break and reposition them selves, until it stops. Then another hundred years learning to control your anger, learning to keep in in check. Fifty years of dealing with your senses going wild, Seventy five of trying to keep the animal side of your self at bay, and then even more years of learning to block out the pain of transforming..."

Malachai looked away from her slightly.

"I didn't have a choice my dear."
"Yeah you did, you just chose wrong. I'm getting us our of here. We're not safe."
"They won't come for you! He needs you to come to him."
"Which I won't do! I won't lead these people to their deaths! I'll take them some where safe where we can figure out our next move. But not here. You've lost your edge old man. And your going to pay for it with the lives if your coven."

"How dare you!"
She shook her head and turned to walk up the stairs when he grabbed her wrist and spun her back around, his eyes boring into her's.

"Are you trying to put me under Mal? Really?"
She feel her teeth begin to hurt as her anger began to bleed out, her restraint slipping at being betrayed by such an old friend.

"I suggest you let me go Mal, or this might get ugly."
He let out a low his, the pupils of his eyes slowly turning into narrow slits. Sighing she let some of her anger go, her blue eyes bleeding into the violet as her canines elongated and her nails sharpened. Growls emitted from deep with in her chest as she stared back at him, her hand shooting out and grabbing him around the neck; lifting him off the floor.
"Malachai, I'm warning you this one time, since my anger is starting to get to me. Do not get in my way of leaving or your children will be picking up the pieces I leave off the floor. Understood?"
He let out another low hiss as she lowered him back to his feet.

"I'd rather not kill an old friend."
He straightened out his shirt and huffed.

"Your not going to win this Akieen. He's more powerful then you can imagine."
"And I'm the only true were wolf Mal...you ever think that amounts to something? No, you just gave up all hope as soon as things looked bad. You never stopped to think the fight might be worth it in the end. And because of that, your losing your coven. He'll use you, til you can do no more for him, then he'll kill you and all you hold dear."
"What choice do I have Akieen?"
"Help me get them to safety, help me kill him off for good. Don't roll over just yet, or do you want to go out as a coward?"
The rage filled hiss that came from him made her smirk.
"I didn't think so. Come sun rise we leave, and head North. I'll take them there, where we'll be safe, and can think of what to do next."
"You certainly don't plan to take them there? You honestly think he'll let you in?"
"Gabe won't have a choice...he owes me."
"And a half demon...will he let such a creature onto the grounds?"
"He's not evil. He won't be able to stop him."

Malachai shook his head slowly.

"I hope you know what your doing... Gabrielle won't be pleased with you bringing such monstrosities as these onto holy ground. Angels have a tendency of being funny that way."

"Like I said, he owes me."
"And what favor would an Angel have to a were wolf?"
"I saved his life when he fell from grace. I found him in the alley. He owes me his life. Therefore, he'll protect ours."

"Can you get there in time?"
"I don't know. But I have to try. If there was ever a person who could tell us where to go next, it would be him."
"I heard he has a guide there as well. Apparently it is a misfit among the Lycanthrope."

She raised an eye brow.

"Oh? Go on."

"I do not know in great detail. But he is said to be some experiment gone wrong or something of the sort."
"Right, I'll keep an eye out. For now, I need rest. Good night Malachai."
He nodded as she went up the stairs, turning he looked at one of his daughters and nodded.

"Call him. We can not allow her to leave the manor before he arrives. She's all he wants. Once we hand her over, we'll be safe. Understood my love?"
The young girl nodded slowly.

"But father...is she not a friend of yours?"
"Sometimes little one, you must choose your loyalty, and mine will always be to my family first. Now, go and summon him!"

She nodded nervously and scurried off as Malachai looked up the stairwell.

"The sleep root placed in their food and drink tonight will have taken effect by now. They should stay asleep til sunrise, and by that time. It'll be to late."
He sighed heavily, not wanting to betray his friend, but wanting to lose his family even less. 

Akieen shook the grogginess from her head as she looked out the window, the others already in her room as she told them to be before they had all gone upstairs.

"Did you all drink the water I had in my bag?"
They all nodded, looking somewhat confused.

"Good, we have to leave. NOW."
Mikhail frowned.

"Are we going to Russia so soon?"
"We're not going to Russia at all kiddo, it's a trap, they want us to go there. No I have a safe location we can go, with most likely some more reliable sources."
Kayin shook his head.

"Why not take us there first?"
"No time. Hell hounds are fast, faster then most of us. We need to move, quietly. Dark, can you silence the room?"
"Considering it done, but might I ask, where are we going?"
Akieen took a deep breath before letting it out, her cheecks puffing with the motion of it.

"Sanctuary."

Dark paled slightly.

"A-are you serious? They'll kill most of us on sight."

"No, they won't. They know me, and the leader owes me."
Dark shook his head, his eyes still wide. Sighing Akieen went to her window and yanked it open roughly, motioning for them to follow. One by one they slipped out and followed her quickly as she led them out of the decimated city towards the country to the North. It was well after sunrise when they began to get close.

"See that hill? That's where we're going."

Kayin looked up and grunted.

"It's bright."
"Yeah well...you might not like it there."
"Let me guess, it's cold?"

She let a smirk play on her lips as she shook her head and answered him.

"No, and it's not hot either. It's holy ground. But you should be fine since your not pure evil. Your human too."

She saw him stop momentarily before he picked up his pace and came up beside her.

"Where exactly are you taking us woman? Are you mad? Holy ground?"
"You out break is very uncharacteristic of you Kayin. I have to say, I rather like it."

She almost laughed out right as he seemed to hide his face in the collar of his jacket.

"No I'm not mad. The owner owes me his life. And if he says it's alright then you'll be allowed in."
Kayin looked sideways at her, her long hair was pulled back off her neck in a ponytail, a small smile graced her features.

"And who is the owner?"
"Gabe."
"And who is she?"
"He not she. He's a fallen Angel. 

Kayin did stop this time, his face set in the most amount of shock she had ever seen from him. 

"Your trying to get us killed."
She stopped and looked back at him.

"No, I'm saving us. The only people allowed in are the people Gabe lets in. Now, if we waste any more time with stupid talk, Malachai's coven will catch up to us. So moving along!"
She turned and continued, Kayin falling towards the back of the group. Another 20 minute walk had them at the gated of a large castle looking house, which seemed to be built into the hill side. 

"Yo! Someone wanna open the door?!"
A young man hung his head over the wall and took her in with wide eyes.
"Aki? Is that you?"
She chuckled remembering the young man from being a boy the last time she hid here.

"Sure is, feel like letting me and my friends in?"

He looked them all over and frowned.
"Some of them are kinda Shady Aki...Lemme get the boss."
Akieen leaned on the stone sighing.
"...yeah, you do that..."

Waiting a few more minutes she yelped as the wall she was leaning against moved inward, allowing the doors to open. A large, muscled man strode forward, his dark brown hair cut close, and his well trimmed beard framing his squared jaw.

"Who the hell are you to show up after 20 years and demand we let you in? Do you have any idea how empty our larders were the last time you left you flea bitten beasts?!"
"Yeah yeah, good to see you too Gabe, look I gotta a problem."
He continued walking forward, towards Akieen who had her eyes shut and her pinky finger in her ear as if she didn't have a care in the world. What she didn't see was the large fist poised in the air, or it hurtling towards the top of her head.

"Ow! What give Gabe?!"
"That oughta knock some sense into that thick canine head of yours. What kind of mess are you in this time."
Akieen lowered her head like a scolded child as she rubbed the sore spot on her head for a moment.
"Can we come inside and talk? I'm on a time constraint here Gabe."
It was then he decided to take in the rest of the people with her, his eyes narrowing slightly at each in turn.

"Mighty rowdy bunch you have with you...is there a reason you bring such evil to my door?"
"They aren't-"
"Their kinds are Akieen. You want me to harbor such creatures?"
"You harbored me!"
"I owed you my life! Which I paid my debt for when you came to me last time half dead! Explain!"

The world seemed to dim in sound as his voice echoed, and she could hear Kayin cringe slightly.

"Worse yet, you bring a demon to my door!"

"He's human too Gabe! I need your help, it's about Rasputin!"
Whatever the man was about to say got choked in his throat, looking from one to the other, his eyes lingering on Kayin for a moment longer he sighed.

"Fine, but if any trouble is caused, you'll be dealt with by me. Understood?"

She nodded slowly. 

"I can handle them Gabe. Swear it."
"I'm not asking, I'm telling you. Now, hurry inside. I'll have some of the boys take your companions to accommodations. You on the other hand, and the demon, come with me."
"Why-"

"I'll not have a demon running around with me watching. Understood?"
She sighed and nodded giving Kayin an apologetic look as they slowly moved with in the thick stone walls. 

Dark felt himself quickly ushered from outside and through the castle. He was led to a room that was sparsely decorated with only a wooden desk, a chair, and a bed. It wasn't exactly suiting to his taste, but he would make do with the accomodations anyway. He sat his umbrella and his suitcase down beside the bed before sitting in it himself.  Dark found it to be rather lumpy and uncomfortable, though that wasn't surprising.  Looking down at his nails, he pondered if he would be using them. Shaking his head, he got to his feet and proceeded back out of the room. It seemed Gabe was a shrewd man, he'd posted guards.

"Tell me, young man, will you be able to tell me where the library is?"

"I will take you. You are to be escorted everywhere, Daemon."

"The name I choose to go by is Dark. Remember that, or you might find yourself in a world of hurt." Dark smiled.

"Come." The guard began to walk through the stone halls, leading Dark through the castle. They traversed the length of the entire structure, and them up a flight of stairs. Walking back down another hallway, they came to a pair of oaken doors, and the guard swung them open. Just on the otherside was shelf after shelf laiden with massive tomes, dating back through the ages.

"What are you looking for? I may be able to help you find it."

"Magical research. I wish to possibly add some new spells to my already impressive resume."

"I see. Far back of the library, and to the left is where we keep such things."

"Thank you." Dark made is way over to where directed, and ran his fingers along the dusty tomes. Powerful magics were already in place, as the damp of the castle was far from beneficial to the books and scrolls. Yet the tomes, while yellowed with age, were impeccable and plainly legible. They were in all sorts of languages, and Dark swirled his finger through the air and then touched his face. The knowledge of the texts in languages he didn't know were now available to him, thanks to his "Languages" spell. It would wear off within the next few hours, though that was plenty of time before he'd have to refresh the spell. Picking a massive, dusty book from the shelf titled "Life Magic" he carried it over to a table lined with chairs. He prowled through the pages, looking over the spells in the book. Most required some kind of material component, something he could do easily. Regeneration spells were a nice highlight of the book, and the book was even in-depth enough to explain the different magical energy wavelengths required for different supernatural creatures. However, it was the resurrection spells that were the real treat. But, the spells for reviving fallen warriors had a time limit that they could be enacted upon. Usually but a few minutes to a few hours of their deaths, and only if the spirit was willing to return to the body. Diamond dust was the component needed for all of these particular spells, something he could conjure in an instant.

Heading back to the shelves, he saw another tome titled 'Destruction Magic' and with a smile he took the book off the shelf. Looking around some more, he found a few more books that looked appealing to him. Time-space manipulation, Ailment inflicting magic, and some magical gardening techniques. All of the books he grabbed looked to provide some interesting information. He sat down and began to go over the books, starting with the destruction magic. A smile appeared on his face, widening with the addition of the memorization of the spells he didn't know.

Baldr watched from a side alley axis the newcomers split. He recognized everyone save the female of the group. The woman and the demon followed the angel as the others were taken to rooms and guards were posted. "Einige vertrauen"(Some trust). He shook his head as he sniffed around the wanna be inn finding the room he was looking for. Looking both ways to see the coast was clear he squated then jumped,.his legs easily sending him up to the open second story window where he was greeted by a snarling man. "Ð?иÑ?аил вами РодинÑ? сÑ?ка пÑ?ияÑ?но видеÑ?Ñ? вас слиÑ?ком" (Mikhail you motherland bitch it's good to see you too.)

Mikhail relaxed instantly. "Ð?Ñ? наÑ?исÑ?скÑ?Ñ? сволоÑ?Ñ?, поÑ?емÑ? вÑ? не можеÑ?е исполÑ?зоваÑ?Ñ? двеÑ?Ñ? как ноÑ?малÑ?нÑ?й Ñ?еловек" (You nazi bastard, why can't you use a door like a normal person?)

Baldr smirked. "и беспокоиÑ?Ñ? вас пÑ?екÑ?аснÑ?й эскоÑ?Ñ? Я дÑ?маÑ?, Ñ?Ñ?о не" (And bother you lovely escort I think not.) He paused for a second and reached into his vest. " У меня есÑ?Ñ? подаÑ?ок, эÑ?о бÑ?ла болÑ? конÑ?Ñ?абандÑ? эÑ?ом в" (I have a present. It was a pain smuggling this in). He pulled put a large flask and tossed it to Mikhail as he plopped down in one of the chairs.

Mikhail caught it easily and sniffed the contents before smiling. " Ð?одка ...... РÑ?сские Ñ?оже Ñ?оÑ?оÑ?ий вид" (Vodka....Russian too the good kind)

Baldr nodded. "Ð?онеÑ?но, Ñ?о, Ñ?Ñ?о вÑ? меня пÑ?инимаеÑ?е" (Of course what do you take me for?)

Mikhail narrowed his eyes as he took a drink then tossed the flask back to Baldr. "НемеÑ?кий болÑ? в задниÑ?е" (A German pain in my ass)

Baldr frowned as there was a moment of silence and the two men glared at each other before bursting out in laughter. He leaned forward resting his elbows on his knees as he took a drink and tossed it back to Mikhail. " Так дайÑ?е подÑ?обносÑ?и Ð?Ñ? не могли бÑ? обÑ?ясниÑ?Ñ?" (So explain the details you couldn't give me)

As Mikhail filled him in, he nodded with straight face. "Ð?вÑ?Ñ?иÑ? досÑ?аÑ?оÑ?но инÑ?еÑ?есно." (Sounds interesting enough). They passed the flask back and forth for another round before Baldr grinned. " поэÑ?омÑ? она Ñ?ак Ñ?оÑ?оÑ?о, как она в своиÑ? меÑ?Ñ?аÑ??" (So is she as good as she is in your dreams?) He laughed as Michael's face went beet red.

"Ñ?Ñ?о вÑ? говоÑ?иÑ?е о?" (What are you talking about?) Mikhail slightly looked away as he followed up with a long swig.

Baldr was all smiles. " Ð?Ñ? имееÑ?е в видÑ? Ñ? вас бÑ?ло, Ñ?Ñ?о мало кÑ?асоÑ?Ñ? покаÑ?ивая бедÑ?ами взад и впеÑ?ед пеÑ?ед вами, а не одна мÑ?слÑ? пÑ?оÑ?ла Ñ?еÑ?ез ваÑ? Ñ?м" ( you mean you have had that little beauty swaying her hips back and forth in front of you and not one thought has gone through your mind) He finished off the vodka and pulled two cigars and a deck of cards out lighting his before he shuffled the deck and dealt out five card draw.

Mikhail lit his then looked at the hand he was given. "она являеÑ?ся оÑ?игиналÑ?ной, как и вÑ?" (she is an original just like you)

Baldr folded his hand and puffed as Mikhail shuffled and dealt. "еÑ?е Ñ?олÑ?ко женÑ?инÑ?, Ñ?олÑ?ко поÑ?омÑ?, Ñ?Ñ?о она можеÑ? надÑ?аÑ?Ñ? Ñ?ебе задниÑ?Ñ? в одно мгновение ниÑ?его не знаÑ?иÑ?." (still only a woman, just because she can kick your ass in a heartbeat doesn't mean anything.)

Mikhail shook his head with a grin. "она алÑ?Ñ?а, кÑ?оме ваÑ?его сÑ?аÑ?Ñ?его Ñ?о она и ваÑ?а единсÑ?венная из ваÑ?его Ñ?ода. Ð?Ñ? не оказалосÑ? кого бÑ? Ñ?о ни." (she is alpha, besides your older then she is and your the only one of your kind. You haven't turned anyone whatsoever.)

Baldr shrugged. "ЭÑ?о не моя вина Ñ?игÑ?Ñ? являÑ?Ñ?ся одиноÑ?ками по инсÑ?инкÑ?Ñ?. Я не имеÑ? пакеÑ? менÑ?алиÑ?еÑ?, как вÑ? делаеÑ?е. У вас есÑ?Ñ? сила в колиÑ?есÑ?ве и оÑ?оÑ?а с Ñ?акÑ?икой и скоÑ?осÑ?Ñ?, Ñ? меня есÑ?Ñ? Ñ?иÑ?Ñ?осÑ?Ñ? и силÑ?, мÑ? не оÑ?оÑ?яÑ?ся в гÑ?Ñ?ппаÑ?. Ð?оÑ? и Ñ? меня есÑ?Ñ? полосÑ?." (It's not my fault tigers are loners by instinct. I don't have a pack mentality like you do. You have strength in numbers and hunt with tactics and speed, I have stealth and power, we don't hunt in groups. That and I have stripes.)

Mikhail landed down his hand showing a full house with two queens and three Jack's. "Ð?Ñ? и Ð?аÑ?и ЧеÑ?Ñ? полосÑ?. они не имеÑ?Ñ? ниÑ?его обÑ?его ни с Ñ?ем" (you and your Damn stripes they have Nothing to do with anything)

Baldr landed down four kings and an ace as Mikhail frowned.

"Ð?ак в адÑ??" (How in the he'll?)

"эÑ?о все в Ñ?еловеке полосÑ?. Ð?се в полоскÑ?." (It's all in the stripes man, all in the stripes) Edited by Sazabi

Kayin followed the angel with his eyes narrowed and focused on his back. His hands clenched in his pockets as they headed down the halls. He gave a sidelong glance toward Akieen who was walking beside him. She could only mouth a "sorry" with an apologetic look on her face. Kayin closed his eyes with a soft sigh, trying to calm himself down. In all his years, this was his first run in with an angel. He was hoping that it wouldn't be such a gruff one, but at least the two weren't at each others' throats. For that much, Kayin was grateful. His eyes opened to see Gabriel staring over his shoulder at Kayin. "What?" Kayin said flatly as he locked eyes with Gabe's.

"Nothing. Just making sure you haven't gotten lost," Gabe replied, looking forward again.

Kayin's eyes narrowed slightly, having a suspicion that there was more to it than just that. "Bdee get'g eeeae haemg mooee bdoog eeeae naoollee paoot, noomgoong...?" (Why don't you just say what you really mean, bastard?) He tugged on his scarf, pulling it off and folding it up to hang over his shoulder. His skin was crawling enough in this place, he felt like his clothes weren't making him any more comfortable. His glance shifted to Akieen briefly before looking past her into a cracked door. He slowed down at the scent of another demon. He looked to see if Gabe was looking and went to the door when he wasn't. He pushed the door slowly open to see what looked like a child. He couldn't have been more than two feet high, but he had pointed ears and his skin was a hue of light blue. His hair was seafoam green and eyes were bright green. These eyes met Kayin who approached him carefully. "Oo'tsa teg maat ootegdan looba peemalk oot oosam... Eeeae'na boong daepoot gee, oonat'g eeeae?"(I've not seen another like myself in ages... You're part human too, aren't you?) Kayin asked, getting a nod from the boy.

"You have a name?" the boy asked, Kayin, looking to his hair and then to his eyes.

Kayin returned a brief smile. "I'm Kayin. And you are?" he asked, kneeling down.

The boy smiled a little bit, showing his sharpened teeth. "I'm Lief. Nice to meet you, Kayin," Lief said, holding a hand out and Kayin shook it in response.

Kayin sat down in front of him. "So do you live here?"

"Of course the boy lives here... I saved him from a fate worse than death and now he won't leave me alone!" Gabe said, crossing his arms and Lief did nothing but give a huge grin. Gabriel shook his head.

"What does he mean by that, Lief...?" Kayin asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Just that my folks didn't want someone who looked human and no one else wanted me because I looked too demonic. So now I'm here so people don't chase me with pitchforks and stuff," Lief said as he started looking over Kayin and his swords. "Those are really cool looking, can I see 'em?"

"Maybe when you're older, Lief..."

"But I'm 25!"

"...You're still a child compared to us, Lief," Gabe cut in.

"At least he acts older than Akieen does," Kayin mumbled.

"HEY!" Akieen growled, clenching her fists before crossing her arms and her cheeks puffing up. The other three got a bit of a laugh. "Not funny..." she grumbled.

Kayin smiled before his eyes narrowed when Gabriel's hand rested on his shoulder. "Let's get moving on. Pit stop is over," he said sternly before heading back into the hall.

"I'll come pay you a visit again once I get the chance, Lief," Kayin said to the young demon with a smile as he stood again. They exchanged waves as Kayin headed back into the hall as the three continued their walk.

Edited by Kayin

Mikhail and Baldr exchanged stories and continued their card game the the day passed by, still no other word from their allies as the two had already finished off what little Vodka the weretiger possessed, leaving both relaxed yet alert. Mikhail thought it was in good fortune to have an ally like Baldr around, he would have been more helpful had he accompanied Mikhail to America in the first place, but the Russian didn't believe all of this mess would happen so quickly, or at all.  Another game of poker began, the wolf versus the tiger once more as they picked up their cards and stared one another down, yet looking into one another's eyes, they were lost in their own world outside of the human flesh.  A connection was made only few wolves and creatures were able to make with another species, inside their minds was a never ending forest full of fresh fruits, animals to prey on, oasis more beautiful to describe and plenty of trees to admire.  Their own personal get away from their human shells, a place to contemplate, spar, or even lounge when time permitted.  Baldr sat on his hind legs close to the waterfall and pond, surveying the area as his tail lazily tapped on the rock he stood upon.  Mikhail laid next to the tiger, front legs crossed as his head rested in the groove that he created as the ambiance of the water running and leaves swaying in the wind relaxed both creatures. 

"You were in battle, it shows clearly in your wolf form"  Baldr mentally notes as he looked down at his friend.

"I got caught by surprise, they sent their warriors in waves from weakest to strongest and so on.  A good strategy I will admit.  No worries, the oven we were with were nice enough to heal me up and remove the poison, or what was left of it"  Mikhail yawned as he stretched out on the rock.

"I taught you better than that, and you should know better than that all around flea bag.  Still, from what you've mentioned, seems like they had some ulterior motives in the end"

"Not everything was explained to us, but the originator got us out when the time was crucial.  So as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter if there were any other motives."  Baldr gave a mental chuckle, making Mikhail lift his head up and to the side.

"It's just surprising you went inside the den of ticks in the first place, not like you at all"

"Give me a break, everything happened so fast, its not like I liked the idea at all when I found out"  Mikhail snorted

Both creatures just relaxed in the glow of their mental wilderness, a place where they would escape to when things got out of hand, or for Mikhail's case, when he was no longer in control of his rage due to the full moons effects.  Back in reality, both men still played their game normally, talking about random subjects unrelated to the conversation they were having telepathically, the door to Mikhail's room was cracked slightly, one of the guards peered inside to check on their guest.  Another guard came by to give report until he was stopped.

"What do you make of this?  That creature wasn't with their party with Gabe when they were first brought here"

"Hmmm....should we sound the alarm and seize him?"

"No, Gabe already as too much on his hands to deal with, letting those demons into our grounds in the first place with that girl.  These lot seem to be behaving, however there's someone snooping around in the library at books I don't feel comfortable for him to be reading.  Send a security detail down there to get him out now and find out what he's learned."  The taller guard gave his order, closing the door to Mikhail's room as the other guard went to carry out his orders quickly.  Back in the mental oasis, both Mikhail's and Baldr's ears perked up with what they heard, Mikhail raising his head and standing  next to the tiger as both surveyed the area to hear more, but nothing came. 

"Hmmmm, that's unusual.  I only heard whispers...did you?"  Mikhail questioned, Baldr only growled as he began to pace the stop he once sat on.

"So far no one has been able to hide their presence from us in here, maybe its because we're on holy grounds"  Mikhail nodded at the possibility, laying back down, he felt as if he needed a eternities sleep.  "Why are you always so tired?"

"I dunno, maybe because I feel at peace being on these grounds".  Both Baldr and Mikhail chuckled lightly as the weretiger sat next to his ally as before and closed his own eyes, feeling the warmth of the sun and the coolness of the breeze fly through his fur.  Back in reality, their human forms continued their game, a knocking came from the door ever so lightly, but powerful as the two men looked at the door.  Both men stood up from their spot, but the door began to open from the other side, a female angel came inside with  a tray of fruits and two empty glasses for the men, it was lunch time apparently.  Next, another servant came in with a tray full of sliced raw meats for the two, it was a marvel as more and more women came in with treys of food for the two.

"Compliments of your host, our leader Gabe.  He hopes you are enjoying your shelter here and rest, this is just a snack from what the main course will be for this evening.  Please, eat up and rebuild your strength"  There was something about the woman's voice that was comforting, yet commanding at the same time, but her overall presence was stunning, but of course, she was an angel.  "All members of your party are receiving their light snacks now, however two members of your party are not in their quarters."  Baldr and Mikhail both exchanged glances.  

"Who would they be?"  Baldr spoke up.

"The Lich and the....the...."  She almost seemed scared to even utter his very presence.

"The demon, Dark.  He's only half demon"  Mikhail answered for her, yet still it seemed as if she were to say the word, it would burn her beauty right then and there.  Once the treys were set down, the women left the men to their food.  "That was a bit odd, wouldn't you say?"  Mikhail turned to see Baldr already stuffing his face full of meats and cheese.

"ЧÑ?о, ангелÑ? ... пойди Ñ?азбеÑ?исÑ?/Whatever, angels...go figure..."  Baldr grumbled as he stuffed his face, Mikhail sitting down again as he grabbed a slab of beef, lightly cooked but tenderly juicy, and began to devour it in his hand. 

Edited by Shwa

Akieen looked around, her gaze shifting back and forth til she ran flat against Gabe's back.

"Wanna watch where your going Aki?"
She chuckled lightly.

"Sorry Gabe, why'd you stop?"

He shook his head and opened a door on his left.

"Stay in here, I have to go and deal with something fairly quickly, when I get back we'll discuss what's going on."

Akieen blinked as he ushered them into the room, it was large, rounded and hollow, empty except for her and Kayin, she pulled a high backed chair out and sat down.

Out side the room Gabe pulled a guard to the side.

"What's going on with our guests?"
"They are being watched Sir, like you asked."
"Watched how?"
"We're keeping them under surveillance. Isn't that what you wanted?"
"No you fool, I wanted them to be watched to make sure they didn't get into trouble. They are our guests, not prisoners."
"But Sir, they are-"
"I do not care, you know what I am do you not?"
"Of course Sir."
"You know what I can become?"
"Yes Sir."
"Good, then I suggest you and the rest of guards know that they are to treated with respect, not discrimination."

The guard nodded and rushed off to spread the word.

Akieen looked up as the door opened again and Gabe stepped in.

"Gabe...what is it your not telling me...?"
He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I can still hear talk of what's going on from the angels on high, there are other sanctuaries that you can go to, they can give you shelter, food, water, and information just as I'm going to do. Raphael is is the closest after here. Go there when your finished with what ever it is you need here."
"...Gabe..."

"Those of us fallen from grace can easily turn into demons if we don't hold our purity."

Akieen nodded slowly.

"So what information do you have for us?"
Gabe shook his head slowly.
"Go and get some rest, I'll tell you after dinner tonight. If anyone is after you they'll have to go through me and my ilk first. And you know that none can step foot here if I haven't invited them. Rest easy for now friend, in due time I'll give you the grave news. There's a library, the larder, the training grounds, all of it is at your use right now. You've all been thrown together with little to no knowledge of each other. Get to know your companions for now, then, when all of you are ready, we'll give you the bad news."

Akieen sighed.

"Why does this not encourage me?"
"It's not meant to. But, you know as well as any, the best way a team works together, is if they known each other's strengths and weaknesses. Also, I know two of your group are Lycanthrope?"
Akieen nodded slowly before frowning.

"Two? I only knew of one. Who is the other?"
"He's been lurking around here for a few days. I allowed him in thinking he was making contact with you. He's been holed up with the other wolf."
"Great, just what we need, strays." 

Gabe chuckled.

"Stay til the moon passes, we'll keep them safe from the others."
Akieen shook her head.

"No Gabe, we can't linger. If the full moon breaks while we travel, I'll handle it."
"Akieen, you can choose whether-"

"I change or not, I know. If it happens, I can change and keep them in check. Alpha mess an all that."
"I thought you hated pulling that."
"You know I do. But I'll use it to keep others safe if need be."
He nodded and opened the door once more allowing them to leave.

"Rest easy friend. Come nightfall, the conversation will get serious."
She nodded and walked away, watching as Kayin walked back towards the way they had come, no doubt to find Lief. She doubted he had seen someone like him in all his long years. Smiling she walked up the stairs to her room and opened the door. Without waiting she trudged to the bed and flopped face down on it, snoring lightly, almost instantly. 

Alright, small down time while I get some thoughts together and wait for the last poster. 

An opening of the library door arose Dark from his readings, and a rather gruff looking man strode across the library. "You. You are not welcome in here. Get out."

Dark flashed a dangerous smile. "Really, now? Is that so? I beg to differ. It seems the master of this castle thinks otherwise. Now leave me, before I lose patience."

"You are not one to speak. You will obey my orders." The man began to draw his sword, and Dark's smile grew. "You think that will persuade me? Bring to me your master and let's see what he has to say."

"There is no need to disturb him. You will leave this library, by force if need be."

Dark shook his head. "No. I will not."

The guard reached to grab Dark by the wrist, but Dark was too fast. In an instant, Dark has his own hands wrapped around the wrist and throat of the guard, and he stared into the man's eyes. "Bring me your leader. I will see what he has to say about me being in here. Now leave me, or else I won't be so nice." Dark picked the man up by the throat and tossed him back at the library door, he skidding across the floor and hitting his head against the library door. He scrambled to get back up, but he did not leave. 

"You will leave this library!" he exclaimed. Behind him, the library door opened once more, and a woman entered, looking around. "Would you be the Daemon Dark?" she asked, looking at him. Dark cocked his head. "Yes, I am Dark. What is it that I might be able to do for you?"

"Gabe wishes that you might enjoy your stay, and you are welcome to the grounds. We are preparing a light snack for you at this time, if you would have it."

Dark eyed the guard who had just attempted to assault him. "Hear that? I am welcome here. Now, let me be." Turning back to the woman, he smiled. "Yes, please. I would welcome a snack at the moment, it would greatly help in my research." Dark flashed a kind smile, and the woman nodded before leaving the room. Dark could hear her moving away, and then he turned his attention back to the man who had tried force him to leave the room. He glared at Dark, making it clear their little tussle wasn't over. He left, and Dark was alone save the man who had escorted him to the library in the first place.

Dark returned to his readings, and within minutes several women entered, bearing trays of various meats and cheeses. A goblet was sat beside him, as was a bottle of fine red wine. Dark smiled, and the women left. Dark poured himself a glass of the wine, and took a sip. It was a fine vintage, and was fruity and full of volume. He glanced over the two plates of food, and picked up a piece of provolone cheese. He returned back to reading, helping himself to the food. The hard salami was especially good, when paired with the aged apple smoked cheddar on the tray. He eyed the dessert they had brought him, something he hadn't had in decades. A french crepe filled with cherry filling. It was simply delicious, and he was thankful he had been given plenty of it.

As Dark read on, he muttered to himself about the complications of various spells he saw, or smirked and commented about being able to do spells so much easier already. He found his teleportation spell, though he was positive there had to be an easier way to go about it. Unfortunately, there was a chance to be off course by up to a hundred miles in any direction, unless Dark personally had already been to the location being teleported to. It wasn't surprising, that was usually how things worked anyway.

Dark continued reading, finding spells he liked and didn't like, spells he already knew and didn't know. It was somewhat amusing how much farther magical workings had come since the times these books were written. Looking back at the plate of meat, Dark grabbed a chunk of beef. It was delicious, he'd never had beef so well cooked and seasoned. He returned back to the book, if only to close it and move on to another. Eventually, the trays were emptied and the wine was gone, and the same women who brought them in took them away.

An hour or so later, Dark was finished looking through the magic books, and he stood. He cracked his neck, and proceeded back out into the hallway. The guard followed him where ever he went, treading not far behind the Daemon. Dark made his way to the training hall, and observed the many men and women sparring against one another. As he watched, a group of them came together, and he smirked. They were talking about him. It was obvious with their furtive glances and their hushed voices. Sensing something about to happen, Dark took his leave and made his way back to his quarters. Dark was not about to become known to be confrontational. He lied back on the bed, allowing his eyes to close and to drift off to sleep.

Barracus sat patiently in his room, his eyes wandering as he observed the decorum of the room they had settled him in. The rather luxuries armchair he was sitting in now felt bouncy and well maintained even though the wood and craftsmanship was well aged. Barracus bounced lightly, child like, as he continued to let his eyes travel over every surface.

â??I remember when wood was only found on trees, and when we use to use our hands to beat the wood out of those stubborn wenches. Isnâ??t that right Charles?â? A figure stood nearby, not one of the angels that was positioned outside of this room or the ones that were standing in the hallway further down in apprehension of the Lich Lord in their midst. The figure had an old bolder hat with a scarf wrapped around his face; his wool jacket was slightly worn along with the gloves, pants and boots. His hands were held at his sides as he simply stood silent and solitary against the dark corner of the room, his body completely still as he just watched his master.

â??Oh Charles, the witty commentary you come up with. Perhaps we should introduce you to our esteemed hosts yes?â? Barracus let out a mischievous cackle as he sprung up from his seat and tip toed to the doorway, a huge grin on his face as he held on to the shaft of his cane and slowly pressed his face to the door. Using his other hand to hold up his top hat as he pressed his ear against the door, half listening and half concocting a plan in his mind of both lucrative and possibly suicidal.

â??Charles, thatâ??s brilliant! I canâ??t believe I didnâ??t think of that! Be ready Charles.â? He knocked gently on the door once, a slight shuffle from outside confirmed someone had heard his light gesture. He knocked harder this time, getting a better response as he started to hear mumbling and heavier shuffling now.

â??Ah yes, and it begins!â? Barracus suddenly stepped back and lashed out with a kick, striking the door solidly and laugh erupting from his throat as a solid thump was heard. But nothing had happened, the door still remained and Barracus crossed his arms now, his face in a part scowl part pouting face.

â??Well that didnâ??t work at al Charles, why didnâ??t you tell me it wasnâ??t like the movies where it simply comes apart? Now I look the fool for your lack of real world knowledge.â? The figure remained still as it watched its master with indifferent eyes. Barracus suddenly perked up as if he was realizing something for the first time, and he jumped with glee as a child did.

â??Oh! I didnâ??t know I was supposed to use all of my strength when I kick it out? Well that didnâ??t make sense to me at the time! Donâ??t chide me with your fancy words and your condescending tone Talonsworth, Iâ??ll put you back into the ground if I have too!â? Charles stepped forward then, moving after having been there for hours with not so much as a single flinch from him. His hands went before him as he clasped them together, bowing his head ever so slightly as Barracus seemed to have and apologetic face.

â??I fear I have stepped over the line this time Charles and I think that the birds should know how to aim better. Maybe we could-â??He was cut off as the door suddenly swung open, two beings walked in with an air about them as they were ready for something. Barracus slid toward them, his can held in both hands before he started to gesture wildly with his hands.

â??I am so glad you are here, that saved me from kicking that very well made door again. Now, my associate and I-â??

â??Who is that?â? A male of the two angels spoke as they quickly glanced to him before back to the Lich Lord. Barracus gritted his teeth for just a moment, an annoyed look passing over his face for just a second before retuning to his smile.

â??As I was saying, my associate and I were getting ready to throw a rip roaring party. Now what I need from you two is-â??

â??You need to stay here and keep to yourself Lich.â? The other guard, a female spoke up clearly this time. Her words would have been taken with warning for a sane mind, but the trouble would arise for them as they didnâ??t know the mind they dealt with was gone.

â??Well, you certainly are rude. Not very lady like at all, Iâ??m sure if we got you into a nice dress and did something with your hair.â? He touched her hair then, very finely before pulling away and trying to clean his fingers off of some invisible grim.

â??And you, if we could get you into a nice tuxedo we could easily-â?? Barracus clapped his hands together then, a blinding lightly suddenly bathing the entire room with his hand positioned as close to their faces as possible. They both roared in surprise as they were blinded and tried to rub at their eyes savagely.

â??I donâ??t like being interrupted! Come Charles, itâ??s time to flee. Quickly!â? Barracus tucked his cane under his arm and held on to his top hat as he quickly hustled out of the room; Charles was hot on his heels as they took off. First running one way and when they were met with sudden resistance he turned and booked it down another way.

â??Oh bloody hell, there is just not sportsmanship when there are more of them then me!â? He ran down another hall, making a random turn before running down further. He could hear footsteps behind him, Charles still close as commotion was going on behind him. A laugh breaking forth once more as he skidded across the carpet and turned down another corner.

â??This is was a magnificent idea! Iâ??m having so much fun, you have wonderful ideas Talonsworth. Turn here!â? Barracus collided into a door before reaching out and grabbing the knob and flinging it open before both of them entered. Charles making his first action by closing the door behind them as Barracus found himself in company of two were-creatures. Both he knew, one better then the other, at least he thought he did. Face always escaped him and it was always a problem remembering them all.

â??Gentlemen! Iâ??m so glad to see you both, Iâ??m in the middle of a thrilling game of hide and seek and I wonder if you both would like to participate.â? He paused for only a few seconds, his hands clapped together, cane tucked under his arm and a smile on his face.

â??Excellent! Glad you are aboard, I need you to start running if you donâ??t mind. We canâ??t all be hiding in the same place or else it ruins the game.â? Barracus turned away, back to the door before disappearing out once more.

â??He is a strange character, do you think we should follow?â? Mikhail spoke up as Baldr seemed to tense up a little.

â??He is very off, but I still wouldnâ??t want to be on the bad side of a 4th ranked Lich.â? Mikhail raised an eyebrow at him then, the drinks still held in their hands.

â??What does a rank have to do with the Lich?â? Baldr took another swig of his drink, his eyes still on the door as he spoke up.

â??Not many people know this, but there are thousands of Lichâ??s in the world. They stay very well hidden, only the top 10 claim Lord status and are the most visible to everyone. Heâ??s the 4th most powerful Lich in the world, well; he would be if his mind wasnâ??t warped from the change.â? Barracus charged through the hall, his cane held out as if he was holding a saber in the civil war once more.

â??Charge!â? He screamed down the hall as Charles followed behind him, coming to another pair of angles as they suddenly readied themselves moments before Barracus plunged his cane down. Using it like pole vault he was over them in moments and his run was uninterrupted, his man servant simply vanished as it reached the pair before dust coming together to form Charles once more. The Lich Lord smiling broadly as he continued to run, seeing another figure in the hallway, an angle standing in front of a doorway before looking over right in time to see the glass orb of the cane smash right into his head. Sending the angel down Barracus quickly entered the room, finding Dark in his bed.

â??Run my boy, theyâ??ll catch you if you donâ??t play the game right!â? He screamed as he ran into the room, his arms flailing about with a devious smile and then quickly left the room, Charles closing the door behind him before they took off once more. The angel was coming around as the duo vanished around the corner once more, Barracus finding it easy to get lost in the sanctuary they resided in. He laughed with glee as he looked back to see who was following him, his body suddenly coming to a complete stop before falling to the floor flat on his back. He laid spread eagle on the floor as he looked at the ceiling, blinking away the confusion.

â??Well that was rude, who put a wall in my way?â? He sat up to see the man who had let them all into his house, looking down at the Lich on the floor who simply showed a toothy smile at him as he took off his top hat.

â??Well good evening good host! I was playing a rousing game of hide and seek, you seem to have found me! Congratulations, Charles, give the man his prize.â? Charles was nowhere to be seen, having disintegrated in the presence of the angel and Barracus fall. Gabe looked down at the Lich with scrutinizing eyes, studying what was going on in the mind of this creature. That was, until he looked him in the eyes, the coloration and order of which they were colored made him inhale sharply. He reached down and grabbed the Lich by the arm, walking off as he dragged Barracus with him as he flailed weakly.

â??I say, unhand me! This isnâ??t proper etiquette, I demand to see person in charge!â? Gabe continued to drag Barracus behind him.

â??He isnâ??t here anymore, stopped calling when I fell.â? Barracus let out a laugh then, the tone sounding dark and filled with malice.

â??Where is your god now boy?â? He said with a cold smile on his face as Gabe looked at the creature in his hand, seeing the darkness within before the child like behavior returned, the playful innocence returning. He walked faster, reaching the room he wanted before swinging the door open and tossing Barracus in before slamming it shut, Akieen shot up from her bed in a fighting position. Upon seeing Gabe and the Lich, she relaxed just a little bit, seeing the tension in Gabe now.

â??First you bring a half demon into my house and you bring a Lich. I was fine with that but you didnâ??t say anything about him being the 4th!â? Akieen stood talk as Barracus had finally risen just to collapse into a comfortable arm chair once more, a smile on his face as he looked at the decorm of the new room.

â??What the hell are you talking about Gabe? Heâ??s just a Lich Lord, an unstable one at that, but his files arenâ??t complete, he was useful in fighting off the turned.â?

â??Do you understand what it means him being the 4th? There are only three other Lich Lords who are ahead of him, and there are six Lichâ??s who can even attempt to take his place. If you want this journey to go well, you either leave him behind or you keep your eye on him.â?

â??This sounds insane Gabe, he pays more attention to his top hat then he does to the world. Can he really be that dangerous? Look at him! Heâ??s more like a child, I understand he was powerful but heâ??s hardly capable to plot or do anything on his own.â? Gabe spoke through gritted teeth, his words quieter but just as hard.

â??You wait until he changes, when he becomes that corpse heâ??ll show you his true colors. I do not want to see him roaming my halls alone, one of you needs to stay with him. I do not care who, but someone needs to stand by.â? Akieen was ready to argue but saw Gabe was in no mood to speak further, she simply nodded curtly and Gabe walked out and shut the door behind him. Akieen looking over to the Lich Lord sitting with a relaxed look on his face.

â??What game are we playing now?â? He said with a sweet smile on his face, the conversation had about him completely going over his own head as he tapped his hands and feet in anticipation.

Akieen sighed, before she had known it, it was midnight. She was sitting in a high backed chair half listening to what Gabe was telling her.

"-After that you move down south, there's a few cities there that might be a few of his targets if our information is correct. The larger the city is the more likely he is to hit it. Got Akieen? ...Akieen?"
"Huh? What? Yeah, I got it." 

She waved a hand dismissively as her thoughts went round and round in her head.

"Are you ever listening to me woman?"
"Not a word. I"ve been thinking myself actually."
"About what?"
She looked up meeting Gabe's gaze.

"Malachai was working for Rasputin. He was feeding him information in which case possibly giving out false information? Why destroy the cities?"

"He needs the blood-"

"The blood seals, yeah. But your an angle, you ever hear of anything like that before you fell from grace?"
Gabe stopped and thought for a few moments, his brow knitted in concentration.

"No. Now that you mention it. I haven't"

"Right, so how do we know if that information is real or not?"
"Obviously, we don't"
She nodded again, this time looking at the map.

"But, given the destrction, famine, death, and whatever else. We can tell where he's been. Maybe even where he's gonna be."
Gabe nodded and peered over the map with her as the others listened intently. Akieen spared a glance at the new comer, sitting next to Mikhail. He smelled different. It was wild and most assuredly feline. Looking back down at her map she pointed to her home.

"New Orleans. One of the monster mecha capitals in the world. So, if he's been here it must mean he's looking for something, or someone. But what? Who?"

Kayin's voice filtered up from the table.

"Allies maybe. He might have been looking for some one to keep a watch out for us and alert him if we made a move."
Akieen nodded as she put a small pin on New Orleans.

"Alright, so allies. If that were the case, and he was looking for easy to influence creatures to turn into allies...where would he go next?"

Her and Gabe poured over the map some more, both looking this way and that before Akieen slapped a hand on the table.

"Here!" 

They all looked to where she was pointing, Gabe raised an eye brow.

"New York? What makes you think that?"
"You know just as well as I do what hides in those subway tunnels. They'll be flocks of them at his disposal."

Gabe nodded slowly.

"I suppose your right..."
"I know I am."
Dark stood up and looked at the map closer.

"They sub ways, you don't mean Akieen...?"
"The Zombie population. Easily manipulated, easily bargained with, and extremely easy to turn feral."

Kayin shook his head.

"Feral, aren't they all-"

"No. most of them live off insects and dead animals like road kill. Most you'll find have jobs as grave diggers, garbage men, or highway cleaners. Good picks on food in those jobs so I hear. But in the tunnels...in the subways...there are the feral ones. The ones that refused to accept their fate, held off on eating the insects and rotting meat needed to keep them selves. They went insane and started to crave live flesh. Once they hit that point, their sent to the subways. Most are hoping that they get hit and killed by a train. But a lot of them know the truth. There's an underground community of them. And god help if one of those trains ever get caught in a tunnel, or a sewage worker has to go down there. They'll never come back. Even rats refuse to go to the tunnels which is why they've take to the streets more often these days. The number of feral is growing."

"What you said that it wouldn't take much influence them, what did you mean?"
"Why do you think most of them take jobs that deal with dead things? If one of the sane ones were to taste human blood, or flesh they'll instantly be addicted and never be able to go back. They'll become feral within hours. And just as the woods are tantalizing for us were's, human flesh, and blood is to a Zombie. If they get a big enough whiff of it, that's it. Game over. They can be driven mad by the scent."

They all looked at the map hard now, Gabe frowning.

"That does sound like a tempting pit stop."
Akieen nodded.
"Don't it though?"
Gabe sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"There's a sanctuary there. I can get you there in one piece if you like."
"Good god, how many of these things do you all have scattered around?"
"Enough. There's a problem with management though that your not gonna like Akieen.:

She raised an eye brow waiting for him to go on.

"Alastiar holds the refuge you seek there."
Throwing her hands into the air she spun away from the table and began to pace.
"He would be!"

"He'll harbor you. All of you, you know that."
"Oh I know. But that doesn't mean I want to deal with a lecherous angel any more or less."

"He means well. And you know he can't-"
"I know. But it makes it no less annoying Gabe."
"Well then. I can send you to Castiel first if you like."
Akeein paled suddenly, her mouth clamping shut as she shook her head.

"Al's fine. When do we leave?"

"Get some rest for the night. I'll have food brought to your rooms. I'll take you in the morning."

She nodded and left for her room, the others doing much the same. 

Sleep did not come easy to her, nightmares littered her dreams, often times making her screaming wake her self. Once she had enough she slipped from her bed, goose bumps rising out all over her skin as her bare feet hit the stone floors. Snatching the robe off the corner of the four poster bed she wrapped it around her self covering her white underware and bra. Shuffling into the bathroom she turned on the cold tap and washed her face clean of sweat, looking at her wild icy eyes staring back at her in the mirror as she gripped the sides of the sink.

"This is insane...I can't keep dreaming like this..."
"How long has it been Akieen?"

She started and spun around seeing Gabe with his arms crossed.
"How long have you been there?"
"Long enough to know your still have nightmares. How long has it been?"
"It's been a while Gabe...but something like that never leaves you."

"I understand. But don't you think it's time-"
"To move on? I have..."

He nodded and walked forward putting a hand on her shoulder.

"You know, you can confide in me. I am your friend."
"He's gone Gabe. There's nothing I can do to fix that."
"He was human. Fragile. You knew that your self and yet still took the risks."
"Kolin was still young...if ever I was-"

"I know. Is that...he the reason you hate the infected so much?"
She nodded slowly.
"He was only 5 Gabe...I found him on the streets, his home turned to ash, his mother and father gone with it. He had no one...if only I-"
"You didn't know the full moon was that night. No one knew..."

She shook her head and pushed past him.

"Good night Gabe."

He nodded in understanding as he left.

"Good night Aki."

The door closed shut leaving Akieen to her self once again as she pulled off the robe and climbed back into the bed, sleeping fitfully for the rest of the night.