OtakuBoards

CaNz

Most people who regularly browse the internet watch YouTube, but what gets watched tends to vary from person to person. I think it might be interesting to find out what your top three favorite youtube channels are.  You can also give a quick description or why you like them if you want.

My favorite is Idea Channel. Occasionally Mike willl cover anime and games (which is how I found the channel) but really what draws me is the philosophy he correlates to modern culture. He kinda has a Vsauce/vlogbrothers kinda style, but his content is less science and more conjecture.

I also really like Game Theory. Overspeculation is the name of the game. Matt strings together game information from any legitimate source, no matter how rediculious the figures become in order to make a compelling point. Usually this makes the physics of game worlds crumble... but sometimes he creates possible conspiracy theory storylines which I tend to believe.

Lastly Veritasium is something I always wait for. I paid attention in physics class so I haven't learned much from the channel scientificlaly, but I love watching Derek teach strangers about the rules that govern our universe. I have used his methods to teach my 8 year old cousin about inertia, my 6 year old cousin about gravity, and my grandpa about global warming.

If you don't have a favorite channel you can post favorite videos instead!

I pretty much only browse YouTube when I'm really bored or to look for absurd videos with my friends. I like Kim and Hannah of the Yogscast, mostly when they play horror games together. I also like Achievement Hunter's Go and Versus series, but I never really bother with the actual gameplay videos. Actually, most of what I do watch consistently on YouTube is video game content. I'm playing around with running my own channel but I've got too many things going on to give it much effort.

One of my favorite series is Beer and Board Games, which is exactly what it sounds like. Some folks get drunk and play board games, and they are hilarious. My favorite episode is Nightmare III

As for the kinds of videos I find funny, let me just say this: you can stop at five or six stores, or just one.

My youtube subscriptions are few, but entertaining. I wait for Jenna Marbles videos every week. She's vulgar and hilarious. 

My other major subscription is Geek and Sundry. I kind of love Felicia Day and most things she's involved in. I watch every episode of TableTop with Wil Wheaton. I find it entertaining. 

I checked your channel out Saelig. The Yawgh letsplays were pretty funny. I will subscribe when I get on a real computer that can view youtube without an app. The 6 storys video reminded me of Tim and Eric show.

Molly you have some fun channels! I loved the Guild, so Falicia Day stuff must be awesome. I have also seen a couple good Jenna videos.

Recently I have watched all of CGP Gray's videos and got sad about America, Then watched a ton of Laci Green videos. I do like her content... but I have to admit I was partially watching them because she is so rediculously pretty.... which made me feel bad for being counterproductive towards her messsage, so I had to watch more videos.

Too many to really list to be honest. I'd probably say Youtube is my new home for the most part as well, but the sad thing is I'm only watching fighting game footage from tournaments or replays of XBL/PSN of USF4.

ssf4evo

[TokidoFans] blog

Yogaflame

Team Spooky

My go-to's for watching XBL/PSN or tourney replays

Shintroy

Behrudy

For learning Dudley

I usually watch walk-through tutorials if I'm really stuck in a game. I find myself watching a lot of anime-inspired every day makeup looks but then find myself watching North Korea conspiracy documentaries and documentaries about people trying to achieve immortality. 

IDK which YouTubers I really like these days. They're all pretty loud and obnoxious. I have to be in the mood for them. ^_^ 

Too many to really list to be honest. I'd probably say Youtube is my new home for the most part as well, but the sad thing is I'm only watching fighting game footage from tournaments or replays of XBL/PSN of USF4.

ssf4evo

[TokidoFans] blog

Yogaflame

Team Spooky

My go-to's for watching XBL/PSN or tourney replays

Shintroy

Behrudy

For learning Dudley

Ah... there was a tread like this in a different section where you said a similar thing. I totally  forgot about it.

I usually watch walk-through tutorials if I'm really stuck in a game. I find myself watching a lot of anime-inspired every day makeup looks but then find myself watching North Korea conspiracy documentaries and documentaries about people trying to achieve immortality. 

IDK which YouTubers I really like these days. They're all pretty loud and obnoxious. I have to be in the mood for them. ^_^ 

I can kinda agree with that... but not all of them. A recipe channel called Food Wishes. Chef John is hilarious simply because he speaks to the viewer as if you are an idiot, and he is very sarcastic. 

I spend a lot of time on YouTube, and I've got a few go-to channels that are usually good value.

Hannah Hart and her show My Drunk Kitchen are always reliable, as is Grace Helbig, and any video with the two of them together along with Mamrie Hart often go straight into my Favorites playlist. For more narrative and VFX-based stuff I enjoy CorridorDigital and RocketJump (although I've been going off the latter recently as I find their attempts at comedy to be a little stilted, but their action and VFX are always outstanding), and for gaming I like Achievement Hunter and I'm subscribed to several of the Yogscast channels, although I find their content a little more hit and miss dependent on who is in the videos.

My other major subscription is Geek and Sundry. I kind of love Felicia Day and most things she's involved in. I watch every episode of TableTop with Wil Wheaton. I find it entertaining. 

Felicia Day and Wil Wheaton are both awesome, and Geek and Sundry has some great content. I also watch TableTop religiously, it's directly influenced the last three or four birthday and Christmas presents I've bought for my brother - Gloom in particular was a favorite, and I enjoy Say Anything, which I bought for myself as soon as I watched the TableTop episode.

Then watched a ton of Laci Green videos. I do like her content... but I have to admit I was partially watching them because she is so rediculously pretty.... which made me feel bad for being counterproductive towards her messsage, so I had to watch more videos.

Laci Green is also one of the best human beings on the planet, her work in sex education and in particular the support system she established after some unpleasant stuff came out about a number of high-profile YouTubers recently are absolutely invaluable. It doesn't hurt that she's endlessly smart and entertaining as well, and having met her at a convention last year I can confirm that she's one of the nicest people you could hope to meet.

I know that's more than three, but I'm a maverick and I don't even give a care.

And (cue slightly awkward plug) I've been running my own YouTube channel for the past 2 years, I make a weekly show called 'SO YOU'RE A SUPERHERO' which I describe as an idiot's guide to being a superhero presented by an idiot superhero (played by yours truly) and I haven't missed a week yet. That's over 100 episodes and several combined hours of complete nonsense courtesy of a man who clearly has far too much free time on his hands.

That did seem a bit unfair. All the drawbacks seem like good things if you use force fields offensivly. also expanding a forcefield to make a vacuum, or contracting it to make pressure is always cool for screwing with temperature and force.

• 1 month later...

Oooooh this will be a tough one for sure! So I suppose I will split it into my three favorite/most watched channels and then top three other top channels I watch for different reasons. 

I suppose the three channels I've wasted most of my time on would have to be the https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFineBros, Buzzfeed and https://www.youtube.com/user/BoredShortsTVbecause they are funny and entertaining for me.

My three favorite cosplay videographers would have to be https://www.youtube.com/user/MLZStudio, AcksonL (Who retired in 2014 and deleted all his videos D:), and https://www.youtube.com/user/KBLNoodles. I love looking at all the pretty costumes and the videography for inspiration and motivation in my own work as a cosplayer and photographer. 

• 2 weeks later...

I follow a ton so I'll just name my top 3 for a few categories.

Gaming Reviews

PeanutButterGamer

JonTronShow

ProJared

Hearthstone Gameplay

NoxiousGLHF

Trolden

Trump

General Gaming

jacksepticeye

Markiplier

Game Grumps

Other

Vsauce

Matthew Santoro

PinkStylist

• 2 weeks later...

As with everything, I go through phases. Some months I'll keep up on every new video from my favorite channels, others (like lately) I'll have a backlog of dozens if not hundreds that I won't bother getting to.

Nardwuar the Human Serviette: A legendary love-him-or-hate-him kind of music interviewer. But if you hate him you objectively suck. As a rainbow is God's promise that he will never subject the earth to another great flood, so Nardwuar is his promise that rock and roll will never die.

The Needle Drop: A music review channel whose steadily rising success is owed to the work ethic, professionalism and entertainment value of its host, Anthony Fantano. I often disagree with his taste, but he's useful as a tool for finding out what albums are worth pursuing or sleeping on because he's so consistent. Fun to watch, too.

King Ceasar: Some dude with a mental health issue who uploads multiple impenetrable videos every day. He has at least hundreds of videos over the last 2 years. I subbed to him a few days ago and he subbed me back. Dope.