OtakuBoards

Pain endurance

Ice Dragon v2

Geez, what a day.
Playing team handball is the best endurance test of my life.
Let's see the hit count:
5 head shots
9 chest shots
10 leg shots
2 nailed "below the belt" (yea, it stings)
Why I get hit this much??? I was goalie.

Everyone was impressed that I held out that long, even the gym teacher. Even though the ball passed thorugh me like 5 times, I was still walking. But dang.........It hurts

Anyone else in otkau have the capabilites in holding out this long??

It would be absolutely impossible to stay unhurt at my school. If you were goalie for handball there, you'd probably go to hospital..... Anyways, I'm changin' schools, so they can't try and kill me anymore..... :) I once got hit in the..... Umm..... *cars goes by*, and I still held out..... I didn;t take long until I nearly fainted though..... :rolleyes:

[SIZE=1]Oh ya, pain=pleasure my friend. I've gotten used to it throughout my life to where I enjoy it :) Blows to the head had become a norm by about 3rd grade. It got to the point where I'd walk into the classroom from lunch and whack my head on the chalkboard as hard as a could just for kicks. Not to mention when I was about 12 or 13 years old I was camping, my friends and I were wrestling around and after a while I layed down on the ground to take a small breather. And one of my friends tripped this one friend of mine that weighs about twice as much as I do and he landed right on my head. So that was fun :p I was just dazed really, lol.[/SIZE]

I am the starting varsity goalkeeper on the soccer team at my school. During practice one time, we were doing breakaways (one on one with the goalie) and I got hit right in the nose with the ball as the guy tried to shoot it past me. The very next guy to go also hit me in my nose. It wasn't broken, but god it hurt... I guess that really doesn't compare much to yours, but when I play sports I am the one that does the hurting, rather than getting hurt. :D

Well, the only area I'm concerned about protecting is that "below the belt" spot you mentioned. Having said that, I wore a cup when I played football, and when I'm sparring I'm usually aware enough to guard "Area 69". Other than that, I'm open to any low-blows...I just try to look out for them.

-Justin

playing as Goalie, for hockey, I get hit with rubber hard pucks flying at well over 50 mph.... sure I wear pads (only an idiot wouldn't) but it still stings like a bi?ch.... over the years, my arms can't feel pain.... you could whip my arm and I'd feel nothing.

As for my legs, they are similar... but not as well desensitized... my crotch however will never be desensitized... and it will always hurt if something hits it... cups are a work of God I tell you!

[color=deeppink]I believe that our society has been taught that pain is a bad thing that we must dwell upon, which only makes it worse.

If I get hurt (happens all the time in cheerleading :: points out several thousand bruises::...and that's not the worst of it) I just suck it up and keep going. Pain is merely a weakness ;)

I also have this sorta pshychological way of blocking out pain, especially if it's a "pulsating" one...like a throbbing headache or something. It's cool...I just mentally send these little pain blocking things to wherever I'm in pain (takes consentration, heh) and it goes away.

Wow...I sound sorta crazy....but honestly, it works! :babble:[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]I believe that our society has been taught that pain is a bad thing that we must dwell upon, which only makes it worse.

If I get hurt (happens all the time in cheerleading :: points out several thousand bruises::...and that's not the worst of it) I just suck it up and keep going. Pain is merely a weakness ;)

I also have this sorta pshychological way of blocking out pain, especially if it's a "pulsating" one...like a throbbing headache or something. It's cool...I just mentally send these little pain blocking things to wherever I'm in pain (takes consentration, heh) and it goes away.

Wow...I sound sorta crazy....but honestly, it works! :babble:
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Which reminds me. There is a way that can make the endurance last longer. A little philosophy that came up during last summer.
"The body can be in one place, the mind in another."
Yea, if you're mentally concentrated, that phrase works like a charm.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]I believe that our society has been taught that pain is a bad thing that we must dwell upon, which only makes it worse.

Wow...I sound sorta crazy....but honestly, it works! :babble:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Coaches should show players(and squad members) how to do that. It would make teams way more effective if they could all block out pain. I can't say I can send "little pain blocking things" (lol, sorry. I couldn't resist picking on you. I needed a laugh and were just such a good target.) But, I usually try to just ignore pain. It works well enough to suffice.

-Justin

well, in our gym class we play this game called "basket ball bombardment" it's like dodge ball, but this those mini basketballs. and when u get hit, your out. and if some guy on your team makes a three point shot on the hoop that's on the side and right down the middle of the court, your whole team is back in. a lot of kids get bloody noses from that. i got a cut on my arm and a few bloddy noses today. and when( not if, when) you get hit in the balls, hit hurts like nothing you've ever felt. that's when you get pelted with teh other balls. cause "ball shots" aren't considered an out. so when your bent-over cletching your bruised man-hood, you get nailed. we have broken a lot of windows with this game, cause we throw the balls so hard. so by the end, almost all of use have paper towl shoved up our noses. and when we take our showers after, the shower floor is all bloddy cause we take out the paper and let your noses drip. it's fun. :blackeye: :cool:

[color=indigo] Cups--Mans best friend. If I did not take advantage of the cup I would not have any family jewels to protect. I was playing hockey a couple years ago and I got out of position on the ice when a hockey puck nailed me. The cup saved my Jewels, throwing itself in front like a secret service agent. I had a dull pain afterwards, the cup, however faired worse. It was fractured in three places.

Besides that incident, the most dangerous sport is Ulltimate Death Frisbee. The Rules for the game are simple. First you use a Frisbee Golf Disc. Second you must be ina long narrow hallway. Third, the rules are the exact same as ultimate frisbee, except you can tackle...We used to play this in the dorms in college, it gave my roomate a broken nose and a kid down are hall a fractured wrist. We had to stop playing because we broke a fire alarm...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B]well, in our gym class we play this game called "basket ball bombardment" it's like dodge ball, but this those mini basketballs. and when u get hit, your out. and if some guy on your team makes a three point shot on the hoop that's on the side and right down the middle of the court, your whole team is back in. a lot of kids get bloody noses from that. i got a cut on my arm and a few bloddy noses today. and when( not if, when) you get hit in the balls, hit hurts like nothing you've ever felt. that's when you get pelted with teh other balls. cause "ball shots" aren't considered an out. so when your bent-over cletching your bruised man-hood, you get nailed. we have broken a lot of windows with this game, cause we throw the balls so hard. so by the end, almost all of use have paper towl shoved up our noses. and when we take our showers after, the shower floor is all bloddy cause we take out the paper and let your noses drip. it's fun. :blackeye: :cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

Is that sanitary to have everyone's blood all over the floor? Technically, if one person had AIDS, the if someone else got their blood in a cut, they'd get it too, right? Eeeeew....I' a clean freak.:nervous: But believe it or not, I have pretty hight pain endurance. Except maybe once at camp....we were doing a "ropes course" and we had to figure out how to get from one log to another (a big square thing). Of course, being one of the oldest, I had to stand there and pull all the little kids over. The point was to have out whole team over, but if one person fell, we had to start all over again. Well, some little kid fell, and I always went first(so I could help the others). When I jumped, I lost my balance, and slipped off the log so I kinda spun off it, then my leg conveniantly slammed straight into a wooden ramp of the side. I hit the boundaries of it, and fell straight onto the ground. That hurt like hell. My shin swelled a lot. I couldn't exactly walk the rest of the day, which was really sad. I looked like such a baby.

i can normally handle most pain - i HATE to take any medication, lol - it definately helps during sparring, you should see some of the bruises i've gotten over the years. what else have i had happen to me, hmmm.... i've gotten kicked in the thigh by a horse, fallen off of another one. oh yeah, girls get hurt by hits to the crotch too - i've been kneed and kicked there and ended up flat on my back b4 realizing it. :blackeye: i could go on and on - i seem to always be getting hurt. *shrug* :freak:

once 5 of us kids got all togather and played basketball in our blocks court and 1 kid refs and the rest play 2 on 2 my rival was on the other team of course he jumped in front of my pass and i still got it to my partner but my rival he uhh elbowed me in the stomache right after i got over a stomache flu....some how i was real sick after that....he felt sorry for me and got me a playstation game (actually he game me one of his he hardly played anymore) we are still rivals though

I don't think it is possible to go through high scholl without some form of pain. even in english high schools. For some reason i've always been very resistant to pain.
Once, this guy (in the third year... I have no idea what the equivalent is in america but he was 13-14, I was in the first year, 11-12) was trying to throw someone in the skip (you have them in the US but i can't remember the name over there, basically a big square-ish metal bin)... and I decided to stop him... so he punched me in the face, and I just stood there and laughed at him... hahaa there's nothing like that to put down a bully's self esteem:D !

I'm used to pain, I used to play rugby a lot, I was even rugby captain of my school team back in the day, now you want to know pain? how about being tackled head on by a 200+ pounder and then having the whole team on top of you? and remember in rugby you don't have shoulder pads or helmets like in american football....

Uh..I played soccer in PE fo a while until I started getting hurt every day.I was a good goalie too.The firs girl to get out there and have the guts the block the ball.Most of th guys can kick hard.
I have my fingers bent back farther then they should be.I have been ht in the face.It hurt like hell cause it hit right over my left eye.I started crying in front of everyone in my PE class.i stopped after that.Also i have been hit in the head with a basketball and the other side of m head hit the wall.I blanked out of a bit.Just like 30 secs.But when i opened my eyes i was o the floor.I have been elbowed in the face while playing 1 on 1 baskeball by a girl i didn't like.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amiboshi [/i]
[B]

Is that sanitary to have everyone's blood all over the floor? Technically, if one person had AIDS, the if someone else got their blood in a cut, they'd get it too, right? Eeeeew....I' a clean freak.:nervous: But believe it or not, I have pretty hight pain endurance. Except maybe once at camp....we were doing a "ropes course" and we had to figure out how to get from one log to another (a big square thing). Of course, being one of the oldest, I had to stand there and pull all the little kids over. The point was to have out whole team over, but if one person fell, we had to start all over again. Well, some little kid fell, and I always went first(so I could help the others). When I jumped, I lost my balance, and slipped off the log so I kinda spun off it, then my leg conveniantly slammed straight into a wooden ramp of the side. I hit the boundaries of it, and fell straight onto the ground. That hurt like hell. My shin swelled a lot. I couldn't exactly walk the rest of the day, which was really sad. I looked like such a baby. [/B][/QUOTE]

well it was in the shower and it gets washed down the drain very quickly. since our big shower has a drain under every nosel(sp?) all your water really goes down your drain.

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]lol... when i was a freshman in hs... i swam the mile freestyle, 400 Meters individual medly (100 meters of each stroke all in one race), and the 500 free in under an hour... oh yea did i meantion they were all races and i won 2 of the 3 events? when you say you did that... then you can talk about pain...

or not as long but much more tiring... try doing the 100 butterfly then doing the 200 butterfly back2back with no one swimming it inbetween was fun cause i always go all out no matter what i events i have coming up. i had to get pulled out of the water on the 100 and placed on the starting block for the 200... then i had to swim that against another guy... and went my second best times in both (at that time) that is fun ;)

team sports... one word for pain... waterpolo, you try swimming and having a volleyball thrown around at you at the same time ;) best excercise there is besides cross country skiing[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]