OtakuBoards

My Darling....

Alexa

[COLOR=chocolate]Yesterday, my friend gave me a cat, that needed severe help. My freind's parents own an animal sanctuary. The cat is named GynGyn *Pronounced Gin-Gin*. She was found, only 2 months old at the side of some dump, only 3 legs, the stump on one severly damaged, 1 eye and matted dirty fur. (Matted by burns.) She is now okay, she can walk a bit and her eye is still there basicly, only out of function. This made me think about how bad animal cruelty is. What do you think?[/COLOR] .::No pics of my Gyn yet...Only got her a few days ago. She's only 18 months old.::.:(

ANyone who beats/harms/kills an animal for non-selfdefense reasons is no better than anyone who beats/harms/kills a human... in fact, they are worse... they are cowards... those people make me sick...

However, what makes you think this kitten was beaten by a human? It could have been another cat, and possibly a dog... one of my best cats I had for over 13 years was killed by two dogs... they ripped her apart... humans, having domesticated animals, need to teach or learn how to keep their pets under control.. and I don't think certain animals should be allowed as pets... mostly dogs... I hate dogs... well I can't say I hate all of them, I hate certain kinds... and certain kinds, like Pittbulls, German Shepard mixes, and other dogs with "reputations" for harming children or other humans, should not be kept as pets... or if they were, they should be kept in a cage that is unexcapable never to let them out.

Regardless, I'm glad the kitty is ok... I love cats and hate to see them suffer. I hate to see any animal suffer what this cat has gone through. But it will make him/her stronger and you'll love them even more.

Guest Imsirion
people can be so sick to hurt animals, i've heard some horrible stories.... but im glad the kittys ok and I WANT PICTURES!:D *hugs my 3 kitties*

[COLOR=purple]You can't imagine how much it hurt me to read that... oh my god.. I'm a huge animal person.. and reading that.. well.. I could barely stomach it.

and TN.. I'm sorry you feel that way about German Shepard mixes, we use to have one.. but we had to give her up when we moved... she was a really good girl.. never so much as bared her teeth at me or the cats.. god.. SHE WAS AFRAID OF THE CATS!!

Now if you want to hate a breed of dog.. hate Chows... :flaming: everysingle Chow I've ever come across had bit me... *begins to curse darkly*

erm anyways!!! way to go D*Star.. we need more people like you... we really do.. best wishes on the kitty[/COLOR]

gggrrrrrr.......that makes me see red

tn, to go along with what DBZChikaGhan was saying - it's not neccarily in the breed's makeup to attack children, but it's more in the owner's neglecting the proper training. breeds such as the german shepard are smarter than the average dog and need a job in order to remain content, locking them in a kennel all of their lives is part of the problem - it is a form of abuse to these active dogs to be unable to excercise

What this cat has gone through makes my stomach twist. I can't believe that a human or even animal could do such a thing. It was good of you to take that animal in. Now, I'm not very fond of cats (I've never been around a really nice one), but what happened is truly disgusting. I think it was really great of you to adopt that kitten. Give Gyn-Gyn my regards :)

Oh no the poor kitty..I have actually got tears in my eyes after reading that...I absolutely adore animals, especially cats...I actually value them over some humans out there...It's really great to know there are good people out there like you D*Star....Who or whatever did that to the poor kitty, may their life be filled with eternal suffering.

Oh the poor kitty:confused: :bawl:

D*star you did a good thing that some people whouldn't. and that reminds me of a movie i saw last night about a boy who waited 4 years to buy a cool horse named flash and his father was away for 5 months after 3 1/2 months his only gaurdin left his grandmother died and his horse was sold to by a nice coffin and the man he sold it to was beating it badly so to save his horses life he and his horse ran away from home and he traveled from Georgia to new york harbor in about 2 months AND THE GOOD NEWS IS he met his father and they went back home well and the man not only threaten to shoot the horse when they got back he was going to shoot the boy but the horse (to smart for it's own good) kicked the guy into a police vanand he was taken to jail for assult on an animal and horse. and the boy hugged his long gon dad and horse.

SO THE NEXT PERSON WHO EVEN TRYS TO HURT AN ANIMAL I'M GONNA GIVE HIM I NICE CLEAN KICK UP HIS *** AND SMACK HIS (or doubtfuly)HER BIG HEAD:) i care about creatures that god created:)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DBZChikaGhan [/i]
[B][COLOR=purple]Now if you want to hate a breed of dog.. hate Chows... :flaming: everysingle Chow I've ever come across had bit me... *begins to curse darkly*
[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

My best friend has a chow... that is the nicest dog :) lol Seriously though, it is... I've known it for years and it's never once even barked at me... even when i first met it.

I don't like German Shepard mixes, partly because I was bitten y a half German Shepard, half wolf, mix... it was the animals instict to bite me, not that the owner negected it... the owner was nice to that dog.. the dog bit me because for some reason it felt threatened.... oh well... it didn't hurt, partly because of the shock... i couldn't walk for about 2 weeks... anyway.... Dogs are a no-no on my list of animals to get... but I won't hurt a dog unless it's hurting me... or someone/thing I love... like the ones that killed my cat... if I ever saw them, there'd be a bloody mess and a hockey stick goin around.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]ANyone who beats/harms/kills an animal for non-selfdefense reasons is no better than anyone who beats/harms/kills a human... in fact, they are worse... they are cowards... those people make me sick...

[/B][/QUOTE]

yeah, I agree with you 100% there, TN....

though I don't share the same opinion as you do about dogs, I like dogs, true, some are aggressive and attack, but is the same not said about some cats? it occurs with all animals, by bringing them into your home they need to be trained, or their animal instincts will always remain with them, and will be seen much more often....

regardless of that, I'm glad that GynGyn is ok :)

Our most recent cat is from a rescue centre. She wasn't hurt at all, but her former owners abandoned her and her mother, and moved house. She was only a few weeks old at the time. fortunately, she doesn't seem bothered by it at all.

[color=indigo]Reading that makes me sad for the kitten, because it got hurt... But it makes me feel good to know that it has a good home now. I think it's great that you took her in.

I would have a cat, except that two people in my family are allergic to cat hair...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

yeah, I agree with you 100% there, TN....

though I don't share the same opinion as you do about dogs, I like dogs, true, some are aggressive and attack, but is the same not said about some cats? it occurs with all animals, by bringing them into your home they need to be trained, or their animal instincts will always remain with them, and will be seen much more often....
[/B][/QUOTE]

Sure it happens with cats, but whens the last time you heard the headline "Child is killed by house cat" ? I never had, but all the time I heard something along the lines of "Child is viciously attacked by pittbulls" or whatever.

[B]Dogs are a no-no on my list of animals to get. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Me too. I don't know why...I used to have nightmares about dogs jumping up and attacking me...never really got over that fear. I love dogs though...well no...I have a love/hate relationship with dogs...and it all depends on the dog.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina [/i]
[B]Our most recent cat is from a rescue centre. She wasn't hurt at all, but her former owners abandoned her and her mother, and moved house. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Our eldest cat, Missy (the one who is deaf) came to us that way. Only we took her right out of the back yard after she was abandoned. She's ok now :whoops:

And my baby, Chloe! She was from the Humane Society...and now look at what a beautiful treasure she is! Aww...mesa love her :love2:[/color]

[B]one of my best cats I had for over 13 years was killed by two dogs... they ripped her apart...[/B][/QUOTE]

yea that happened to one of my mates cats about 4 years ago. was next door neighbours dog which they had trained to attack & chase cats. This cat nearly got ova the fence into its own back yard but the dog renched it off by it's tail and then savaged it. The nasty neighbours didn't even bother to say sorry and kept the dog like that until the RSPCA took it away and had to put it down...... :bawl:

[B]That was a very nice thing of you to do D*Star... I hate to see animals that have been abused by people, I can't imagine how they could do that to a defenseless kitten (I love cats, I have one myself). But Transtic may be right, it may have gotten into a fight[/B]

A conspiracy needs to be started against people who commit the cruelty to animals thing. Those sort of people really tick me off! :flaming: But regardless of that, glad GynGyn is okay and all. Glad you took her in. Why are some people so cruel? It's so sickening... Like what one of the girls from Pakistan said when she was talking in her little group when I walked by. God, I hate that girl... Not what she does or says. I hate HER... Anywayz... Enough of my rambling... Back to the point of the conversation...