OtakuBoards

Dragonhearts (Rated: R)

Raiha

Liam: my powers remain from the underlord, we can ride, I trust no-one has any objections to riding the ebony rides?

All: *silent*

Liam: *sighs and summons a skeletal war horse with deep red eyes that seem to be the source of fear itself* suit yourselves

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole eyed the skeletal horse. It looked and smelled of death, but he wasn't disturbed by it. Chole felt a sort of calmness in its blood red eyes. He stared straight into them and felt a deep connection to them. Everything that he had gone through shone in that instant, blocking his perception of fear.[/i]

Chole: Hey, I'll ride one...

Liam: Not feint of heart eh?

Chole: It doesn't bother me...

Viper: ....

[i]Liam summoned another horse, the ground under the seal he created ripped open and the darkness shone within. The same smell of death and sin came up from its breath as it stepped out and stared straight at Chole. Though he never flinched.[/i]

Liam: Ride it...

[i]Chole set his crossbow by the dark horse and mounted on it.[/i]

Peri: Remember, you two have to get off before we reach Artheri.

Viper: And we still have to look for Tidus and Yuna...

[i]They continued on, Chole and Liam leading the group to lookout for any evil spirits besides the two Ebony horses that stuck closely by them, under Liam complete control.[/i]

Alan: Those horses...

Viper: Your brother is sure taking it well...

Peri: That's probably 'cause you two come from different backgrounds but have the same blood...I know Chole has gone through a lot more that you, Alan.

Alan: And how would you know that?

Viper: They way he fights...the way he talks...just the way he acts is completely different from you.

Alan: Oh I feel a whole lot better...

Peri: You should...

Viper: There are some things that people should never know about...

[/COLOR]

Viper:Liam.. if you wish.. I can strip you of your evil powers and fulfill your heart with powerful, but peaceful ones..

Liam:I will take our time riding to decide.. but thank you Viper..

[i]Viper bowed her head and turned to the rest of the group.[/i]

Viper:I trust the rest of you would prefer a less evil horse to ride?

[i]Everyone nods.[/i]

Viper:That is what I thought.. let me see.. ah.. Lady Peregrine..

[i]Viper waves her arm and a beautiful brown horse, adorned with a royal blue saddle with gold trimmings and a golden bit appears before Peregrine.[/i]

Viper:A dusky Mare.. her named is Anastasia.. now for Outlaw..

[i]Viper waves her hand and a huge muscular, dark brown with white spots, Clydesdale, much larger than Liam's, appears before Outlaw. A dark brown, leather saddle sits on it's back.[/i]

Viper:This.. is Vixen.. He is the horse of the God Ares, so he is a borrowed horse, treat him kindly.. and don't worry.. he's not as mean as he looks.. actually he quite enjoys sugar.. and for Chole..

[i]Viper again waved her arm and a stunning Golden Palamino appeared, with a soft coat the same color as Chole's hair. His saddle was a strong, black, leather saddle with green trimmings the same color as Chole's eyes.[/i]

Viper:This is Glo'.. he is quite affectionate.. though has a bit of a temper.. be careful with him..

Chole:Ya'.. give me the homocidal horse..

Viper:Your lucky I gave you a horse at all.. so shut up.. now.. for Alan..

[i]For the fourth time, Viper waved her arm and before her love appeared a magestic sable horse, strong and fantastic, appeared before Alan. The sheer magnitude of the horse made Anastasia squirm under Peregrine. It's beauty and grace outdid the other male horses 10 fold. It's sapphire eyes shone miraculously under it's long, flowing, ebony mane. It's blood red saddle was made from a material no one could identify. Viper smiled widley.[/i]

Viper:And this my friends.. is my gift to Alan.. this is Hawk.. he is your from now on Alan.. when we find Todus and Yuna.. the other horses go back, but you get to keep Hawk..

Alan:Excellent..

[i]Viper smiled and waved her arm a final time. A beautiful silverish gray Arabian appeared before them with a soft, creamy mane. It's black eyes glittered beautifully. It was without reins or a saddle. Viper smiled softly to herself and mounted it gracefully.[/i]

Peregrine:Riding bareback?

Viper:Absolutely.. I feel no need to tie Cirrus here down with a restrictive saddle.. so she lets me ride without one.. though I caution none of you to touch her.. she'll turn into a cloud again.. that's how she got her name..

Chole:Cool..

Viper:Quite.. well now that we have our horses, shall we go? The Dreaming Mountains will take a while to get through..

Liam:Yeah alright, let's go..

[i]Liam rode ahead, thinking over the offer Viper made

'Liam.. if you wish.. I can strip you of your evil powers and fulfill your heart with powerful, but peaceful ones..'

The idea of being without the ties to the dreadlord was certainly a good thing. But he thought of the reasons why he should give them up, embrace purity. He did not have any[/i]

Liam: [i] Life?, no. .I have the ability to resurrect. .Love?, no. .with all of the years of solitude, I have none to give. Power? no, that is the greedy mans excuse. .I have lived as this for so long, I cannot think of another way of living[/i]

[i] Liam stops his mount and turns, facing Viper[/i]

Liam: as a goddess you would already know my thoughts and wishes, I thank you for your kind offer, but I do not wish change just yet. .

Viper:Well Liam.. if that is your wish..

[i]Viper reached out a hand and gently caressed the side of Liam's smooth face, filling him with warmth and radiance. She smiled into his eyes and withdrew her hand.[/i]

Viper:So be it..

[i]Bowing her head, Viper turned and rode to catch up with Alan.[/i]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Peregrine rode easily, keeping her spine relaxed.....looking forward......waiting for a break in the endless line of mountains.[/i]

Chole: *sigh*

Peri: Problem?

Chole: It's nothing, just a bit hot...

Peri: Endure it. We'll need the power later.

Chole: Even with an imortal godess?

Peri: She won't be around forever...........at least on this plane of existance.

Chole: Sucks.

Peri: It's life.[/COLOR]

[color=purple]Oh.. oops.. sorry.. I'll try not to flaunt it.. :blush:[/color]
~~~~~~~
[i]Viper sighs wearily and picks her cantene[sp] off the horse's side and takes a long drink. She sets the cantene back in it's holder and leans froward on the horse, her head lolling softly on the horse's neck. She lifts her feet up behind her and suceeds in laying on her stomach, on a moving horse.[/i]

Alan:Showoff..

Viper:Pish-posh.. it isn't hard Alan.. try it..

[i]Alan attempts the same thing and falls off the horse into the dust. Viper snickers and sits up regularly on the horse.[/i]

Viper:Guess I was wrong.. heh.. sorry Alan..

[i]Alan grumbles and climbs back on the horse. Viper shakes her head and smiles. She lolls her head on the horse's warm neck again, but doesn't move from there.[/i]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]The group continued through the rocky terrain, the horses moving smoothly.....the heat oppressive...Soon, another set of mountains appeared and loomed ahead, shimmering with heat waves.

Peregrine sat up in the saddle and stared at the new set of obstacles. There was a collective moan from Liam, Alan, Outlaw, Chole, and the horses. Viper glanced at Peregrine and the two nodded.[/i]

Viper: So.....

Peri: We press on.

Chole: This is hell.

Liam: Not quite...

Peri: If we all shut up, we might get there sooner.[/COLOR]

[i]Liam looked down at his horse, he could tell that the heat was eating at it, the blood coming from its eyes had dried up comletely. As well as the omnious sound of breaking bones[/i]

Liam: I need to summon a new horse *jumps down*

Chole: *stops* why?

Liam: *taps his horse and it collapses in a choking cloud of dust and decay* thats why, these horses may be undead, but the heat eventually gets to them

[i]The ground rumbles behind him and the horses remains fall down a large chasm. But rather than the chasm closing up again, it stays open, revealing a underground passage[/i]

Viper: so the dread lord is benificial. .

Liam: *nods, then jumps down into the chasm, fading into the cool*

Peri: we are going down there? to a true hell?

Liam: *calls out* I can go underground alone if push comes to shove. If you wish to follow, follow, your horses may come down also. .

Chole: what about light?

Liam: I do not need it, but Peri, I am sure can conjour up light. .

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Viper clicked her tounge and the horses left quickly.....leaving the packs and canteens behind. Peregrine glared at Liam venemously and peered into the entrance......[/i]

Peri: I hate this.

Viper: So do the horses.

Chole: Well then.......shall we?

Liam: Perigrine and me first.

Peri: Agreed.

[i]The two stepped into the unknown, with the others close behind. Peregrine held her hand up.[/i]

Peri: Las duletan.

[i]There was a sharp crackling sound, then a smooth, silver light burst from Peregrine's outstretched palm......the fire sparked and glowed steadily.[/i]

Liam: Better than a fire in a barrel.

Peri: Come on. The sooner we get out of this hellhole the better.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Chole: ...

[i]Chole kept his head down, looking at the dimly lit ground was they walked through the dark passageway with no other light besides Peri's hands...[/i]

Liam: I hate this...

Alan: Bear with it...we're not kids.

Viper: Right...

[i]Chole raised his crossbow and pointed it forward...[/i]

Peri: Chole, what are you doing?

[i]Chole concentrated, his finger hovering on the trigger. His crossbow glowed and fired a single bolt. It shot out, turning into a large flare that slowly moved in front of them, light shone forth and they continued on...[/i]

Chole: Just to save up your energy... *rests crossbow by his shoulder*[/COLOR]

[i]Viper groaned softly and cracked her neck.The sound ricocheted off the walls and the group turned back to look at her.[/i]

Viper:Eh heh.. sorry.. didn't know it would do that..

[i]Peregrine rolled her eyes and shook her head. Chole stared at her with one eyebrow raised and Alan waited. Liam looked back and so did Peregrine. They noticed Viper scanning the group and the darkness with her eyebrows knitted.[/i]

Alan:Viper what is it?

[i]Viper jumped down from her horse and scanned the group again. She looked around the dark tunnel and finally her eyes fell on the floor. There was a long, wide strip of dark liquid mixed in with the sand that she had not noticed before.

Viper walked back behind the group, squinting at the ground as though she didn't believe what she was seeing. Then she turned and ran quickly ahead of Peregrine's horse, which was the first. In the light cast by Chole's glowing ball, Viper knew her thoughts were confirmed. She turned back and mounted her horse.[/i]

Peregrine:Viper, have you gone mad?

Viper:I can't believe none of us noticed this before..

[i]Viper dismounted her horse again and dipped her fingers in the liquid. She dropped her hand from view and mounted her horse again. Again she turned and faced the group.[/i]

Chole:What haven't we noticed?

Viper:Liam, this tunnel of yours came at a grave price..

[i]Viper drew her hand from her back and showed the group. Her fingers were covered in blood. Peregrine and Alan recoiled, though Liam bent forward and inspected it.[/i]

Liam:This blood is fresh.. no more than 10 miutes old.. where ever this blood came from.. whatever it was died only a few minutes ago.. it may even still be alive..

Viper:I don't think it is.. that would be too kind of the Underlord to do.. I kewn we shouldn't have trusted him..

Alan:But what do you mean this tunnel came at a very grave price?

Peregrine:And where did the blood come from?

[i]Viper opened her mouth to speak, but Chole beat her to the punch.[/i]

Chole:Guys.. where is Outlaw?

OOC: Where is that guy?
~~~~~~~~

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Tears started to stream down Viper's face, not from the sorrow, but from the shock of it all...the darkness, the blood, the fear. It didn't suited her, never...Alan held her tightly as the others gathered around her, keeping caution.[/i]

Chole: Good thing I planted that flare...

Liam: They wouldn't dare hurt any of us.

Perigrine: What makes you think that?

[i]The three stood with their backs turned to each other, looking around the fairly large corridor.[/i]

Liam: Light another one.

[i]Chole raised his crossbow to where the sounds of dripping were coming from...Perigrine gasped.[/i]

Peri: No!

[i]Chole lowered his crossbow.[/i]

Chole: ...oh...

[i]Tears started to stream down Peri's face. She knew that once Chole fired the arrow, they would all see the horrid truth of what became of Outlaw...[/i]

Liam: If he's still alive, we might be able to help him...

[i]Chole crouched down and looked up with his crossbow in his view. He focused on a section of the wall with grooves enough to place a human into...a mass grave site. He saw corpse after rotten corpse at point blank range with his eyes. He panned right to where the dripping was and he saw Outlaw's body in one of the exposed coffins...but he wasn't sure that he was still alive.[/i]

Chole: I see him...

[i]The others looked up to see only blood dripping, but no body. Viper turned away.[/i]

Viper: Just do it...

[i]Chole pulled the trigger and the others looked away, except Alan...he wanted to see if he could take the sight of it all...[/i]

Chole: Here goes...

[i]The arrow launched off into the air and caught sparks. It was much more intense than the one he previously launched. As it got closer, it paused in mid-air and the light shone into the groove into the wall...Chole and Alan saw him there, his throat sliced from ear to ear, probably a lot deeper from the amount of blood that their feet were in. There were bruise marks all over his face and burn marks on his wrists. His skin was pale and his clothes were torn...[/i]

Chole: OMG...

[i]Chole aimed again and fired and explosion arrow. He dropped the crossbow and ran over to where the blood was falling to catch his body. The arrow burst in a cloud of dust and destroyed the wall, cauing Outlaw to fall out of his stone coffin and land in Chole's arms. Liam joined his side as he set him on the ground.[/i]

Liam: Its bad...

[i]The others approached his body, but flinched back as the stench reached their noses...Tears came from everyone's eyes now.[/i]

Perigrine: What should we do now?

Chole: Liam...

[i]Liam knelt closer to Outlaw's neck and breathed in...[/i]

Liam: Its really infected...even if we somehow do manage to seal his wounds...we still have the blunt damage to take care of, and then the blood loss, then the infection...

Viper: Don't say anymore...

[i]Chole reached over to his hand and put two fingers on his wrist, feeling for a pulse.[/i]

Chole: Sh-t...somehow...he's still alive.

[i]All their eyes opened up in surprise...Liam reached into his pack and took out bandages, wrapping them around Outlaw's neck. Liam and Chole carried him while he set his crossbow on his back. They ran towards the other side of the cave, keeping a close eye on each other...[/i]

[/COLOR]

OOC: why am I always the bad guy? :rolleyes:

-------

Liam: I should have seen this before. .I have to leave, you will get out safely as soon as I go. .

Chole: what are you on about?

[i]Liam says nothing but vanishes into the shadows, the sound of running footsteps is heard[/i]

Liam: [i]I am coming. .leave my friends be. .[/i]

OOC: How are you the bad guy? I thought you were somewhat of a medic.
~~~~~~~~~~

[COLOR=darkblue]
[i]The group made it out, unscathed...they set Outlaw down again and Viper looked around...they were outside, on the top of a rolling hillside. [/i]

Viper: What happened? Outlaw's still dying...

Chole: Liam's, gone...

Peri: That really sucks...who's gonna take care of Outlaw?

Alan: Is Artheri nearby?

Chole: Not for another hour or so...I don't think Outlaw can hold out that long with all the blood he's lost.

Viper: Well, we could drag his body all the way there...but with Liam gone, I doubt too many people can bring him back to life.[/COLOR]

[color=purple]*reads Rico's post*

Man.. your seriously f-cked in the head.. you may want to seek some therapy or something..

Outlaw isn't supposed to live!!! the Otaku Member Outlaw never posts anymore and we really have no use for the Outlaw character.. its the same thing I did with Tenx.. but geez.. god.. eww Rico..

*cringes*
[/color]
~~~~~
Viper:If we did this.. it would seriously slow us down..

Alan:What do you mean?

Viper:If we save his life.. the Underlord would be really upset and would probably attack us with fury..

Chole:Well.. your the Goddess of Protection aren't you?

Viper:Yes.. but his power is much greater than mine..

Peri:What do we do?

Liam:Take his life as quickly as possible..

Alan:Kill him!?

Viper:Euthanasia..

Alan:What?

Peri:Kill him painlessly for mercy..

Chole:We must.. he wouldn't live even with bandages.. and even if he did he would have severe brain damage..

Liam:Thats all well and good, but who will do it?

Viper:I.. I.. I will.. Only I can make it truly painless..

[i]Shaking visibly, Viper stepped forward and placed on hand on Outlaw's chest. She gazed into his bloodshot eyes and cried harder. She bent forward and kissed him softly on the lips. She lifted her head slightly and let a tear fall onto his cheek. Viper raised a shaky hand and put it on Outlaw's slit. She almost felt Outlaw's pulse quicken and she shut her eyes. As the other's watched, Outlaw's chest rose high in a large breath and fall silently back. Viper winced and stood back up. She removed her fingers from the cut, and turned comberly to the group.[/i]

Viper:It is done..

[i]With that she walked past the rest of the group and collapsed sobbing into Alan's arms.[/i]

OOC: Forget my previous posts then, I was leading up to something serious but I give up...if you can't take that kinda stuff, fine I'll stop...but you didn't have to put it that way.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

[i]Chole looked down towards the ground and continued walking alone towards Artheri.[/i]

Chole: ...this bites...

[i]A cold, numbing feeling surged through his body as Outlaw's soul brushed through him. The land of magic carried his soul upwards, into the heavens to join with the rest of the brightly colored streaks of light in the sky. A miracle that could never be in the Lands of Man...

A tear fell from Chole's eyes...it sparkled in the sun. He was turned away, but it was enough for Peri, Alan, and Liam, lurking in the shadows, to notice.[/i]

Perigrine: Chole!

Viper: *sniff*

[i]Viper looked up and saw Chole crouched by the side of the trail leading down the hill. His head was in his right arm...and he was crying silently...[/i]

Alan: I have never seen my brother like that before...

Viper: *wipes away his tears* That's because he's changed...or he his changing...

Peri: ...

[i]After a few minutes, Chole got up and turned around, surprised to see the rest of the group standing right beside him...[/i]

[COLOR=royalblue]Peri: ......we won't be able to forget him.

Viper: And we never will.

Chole: I just....

[i]Peregrine walked closer and put a comforting arm around his shoulders....she looked straight at his tearfilled eyes and tilted her head.[/i]

Chole: What?

Peri: Life continues.....and we should do well to remember that.

Viper: I would know....

Alan: Where's Liam?

Viper/Peri: Don't say his name again.

Alan: Why?

Peri: The Underlord knows we're still alive......and he also knows many other things. Silence in that matter is wise.

Viper: ....and may he return here ever later.[/COLOR]

[color=purple]Sorry Rico.. but whoa.. your post literally scared me.. I could feel my stomach in knots.. thats like something DeathKnight would post.. it jsut caught me off guard.. that's all.. I'm sorry.[/color]
~~~~~~~~
Viper:We should keep moving..

Peri:She's right..

[i]They silently mount their horses and ride back out the way they came.[/i]

OOC: It's alright...I'll tone the violent descriptions down.
~~~~~~~

[COLOR=darkblue]Chole: Hopefully...he'll come back.

Viper: Why hopefully?

Chole: He's been with us for how many months now and he hasn't hurt us...his brother's might, but I think he still has a good heart.

Alan: He's probably watching us right now...listening in.

[i]Chole looked with distant eyes onto the ground...[/i]

Chole: If you can hear us...know that we'll be waiting for you. It won't be the same without you...

[i]The continued down the path until the started to see the great city gates covered in a blusish mist.[/i]

Perigrine: So we finally made it...

Chole: At the expense of two of our people...

[i]They continued walking, getting closer and closer. The entrie group was in a moment of silence throughout the rest of the ten miles they had to walk. The only people who survived this far...Lady Perigrine, Viper, Alan, and Chole...the remaining knew that their numbers were dwindling, but they were getting closer and closer to each other. They were safe in the mists of Artheri and soon, they would be able to rest...[/i]

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Peregrine dismounted and led her horse through the cities sandy, wide streets, making sure her walk was the walk she was expected to take.[/i]

Viper: Where to?

Peri: The House of Thirif. With luck, my father is waiting for us.

Chole: Luck?

Peri: It plays a role here.

Alan: Fascinating.

Peri: ......

[i]The group continued in silence, attracting many stares from the brown skinned, short Arethrian people.......[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]The group sat around a etheral spring to get their surroundings as the people stared at them. Chole took a whiff of the vapor coming from it and he got somewhat dizzy.[/i]

Alan: Strong?

Viper: No drugs!!

Chole: Okay...*turns around and turns red*

Peri: Oh no...

[i]They waited as Peri tried to recall where the house of Thirif lay...[/i]

Chole: Maybe it might help to talk to some of these people...

Alan: They don't understand our language...especially with that loose tounge of yours...

Viper: Hey, I have that accent to you know! :flaming:

Alan: Whoops, sorry...about you Lady Perigrine?

[i]Peri stood up and walked up to one of the onlookers...[/i]

Peri: Ra!

Man: Ra! El reithei...der nosch fou hew Drognan! Ah norin! ;)

[i]Peri slapped the guy and then walked back, infuriated...[/i]

Chole: What happened?

Peri: Nothing...*face turns red*

Chole/Viper/Alan: :shifty:

Chole: What if we go to the leaders of this place...it might help...it's better than getting hit on by a 4'2 guy.

[i]Alan turned off to the side for a huge outburst of laughter.[/i]

Peri: That's not funny...

Viper: Over there!

[i]Viper pointed to a fairly large building where many people were moving inside and out and magic was spewing forth from the rooftop.. They headed towards it...[/i][/COLOR]

Alan: I wouldn't have turned him down immediately Peri, you never know. Just because he isn't very tall doesn't mean...

Peri: Doesn't mean [I]WHAT [/I] Alan??! hmmmm...?

Alan: ummm...that...he....wouldn't be able to...cook?

Peri: You learn quick, Alan.....My father's house is just down this street....

Viper: Do you smell...smoke, Peri?

Peri: Yes, but it's just th...the...mother of mercy....

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Lady Peregrine cursed inwardly, then jerked on the reins of her horse and the group walked into the large lofty building. She gestured with one hand and smiled.[/i]

Viper: Not bad!

Chole/Alan: Yeah!

Peri: ....Tas ULruf!

[i]A younger man walked up to Peregrine and bowed. She returned with a curtsy and followed him down the hall. It was just as she remembered. The birds perched on the rafters, the mats brushed clean....[/i][/COLOR]

OOC: I'm still in the underground. .

------
[i]Liam continued deeper and deeper until a large cavern came into sight. Nagil was sitting there, watching him, the fountains of life and death on both sides.[/i]

Liam: why do you torment my friends?

Nagil: [i] why do you forsaketh me?[/i]

Liam: I do no such thing

[i]Silence ensumes again, the souls above float in and out of the cave, giving it an unearthly light[/i]

Nagil: leave me be then, you have no right to have the powers, the sword or the priviledge to come here again. .leave me. .

[i]Nagil waves his hand and an intense surge of pain engulfs Liam as his powers are stripped from his body. The shining skull on his forehead vanishes, and the white sword returns to the hand of Nagil. Liam collapses onto the floor, breathing heavilly[/i]

Nagil: return to your new goddess. .your soul is not wanted