OtakuBoards

Dragonhearts (Rated: R)

Raiha

OOC: :rolleyes: please no single word/smily posts

------

*A large bone dragon crashes up through the desert floor and is followed by a golden scaled desert dragon. Both, once out of the desert tunnels, resume fighting*

Liam: the bone one is on our side. .it must have been sent to stop the desert one from surprise attacking us. .question is. .why did the desert one come?

*a loud cracking sound is heard and the bone dragons ebony skull hits the desert floor*

Chole: *steps forward* why do you come?

*The dragons eyes flash an acidic green, and the dragon faces them all*

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Viper:Everyone.. stand back..

Peri:What?

[i]Viper raises the Aeon staff and grips it very tightly. Her whole body begins to glow with a forest green essence and her eyes flash dangrously as she stares head on at the golden scaled dragon.

Viper erupts from the place she was standing and she hurls herself at the dragon. Screaming with fury Viper leaps upon the dragon and a loud cracking sound echoes through the desert as the Boa Jewel at the top of the Aeon Staff smashes down upon the crown of the dragon's golden head.[/i]

Chole:VIPER! GET DOWN!

Alan:VIPER! We have to help her! She'll be killed!

Viper:NO! EVERYONE BACK! This dragon is MINE!

Peri:BUT VIPER! YOU KNOW DRAGONS ARE IMMORTAL!

Viper:I DON'T CARE! THIS ONE IS GOING TO DIE!!!!!

Chole:VIPER DON'T BE STUPID! YOU'LL BE KILLED!

Peri:She is immortal Chole.. don't forget

[i]Again Viper brings the staff down upon the Dragon's head, cracking its skull again. Brilliant green blood begins to spill from the dragon's head and it leaks down to the sand. Where it touches the sand forms into snakes and Viper screams as the blood spills over her ankles.[/i]

Peri:Oh my god... I don't believe this!

[i]Peregrine leaps on Tidus' back and races off to help Viper. As the dragon falls to the ground, one of it's claws hits Viper and causes her to loose her footing. She falls from the dragon and hits the ground hard on her stomach. Viper screams as the dragon begins to fall to the ground and her screams are muffled as it's heavy body collapses atop her.[/i]

Alan:VIPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Peregrine roared, and thrusted her hands towards the sky, almost immediatly, she had leapt off Tidus's back and hit the ground on al fours, as a huge white .....tigerlike.....something....As soon as she was within range, she threw her head back and sank her fangs deep into the dragon's flesh, cutting him wide open........[/i]

Peri: NOW IS GOOD!

Alan: Oh. *rushes forward*

[i]He ran forward, sword raised, and hacked a path through the dragon's flesh, and pulled Viper free. Peregrine held up the collapsing dragon with her back, and as soon as she was gone, she leapt forward, crashing into the sand.[/i]

Chole: Oh god!

Peri: *groan* That was......fun...

[i]AS soon as the words had left her mouth, the dragon took off, blood dripping into the sand. The green blood seemed to burn holes into the sand, and Viper's body wasn't holding up well either...[/i][/COLOR]

"Viper, why did you have to be so stupid!"
Alan seethed with barely dissipated rage at the circumstances they were in. Viper had been crushed, Peri had cuts all over her, his arm was almost broken thanks to the impact of sword on bone, Liam was consoling his bone dragon which has suffered extensive injury, and Chole was...was......perfectly FINE! That smug bastard.....if he wasn't carrying Viper so delicately he'd wipe the smile off his face.

He exhaled...fighting his long lost twin would help no one. Least of all Viper.

"How," he asked through clenched teeth "exactly do you repair an immortal body which has sustained damage which would kill an ordinary one?? Does it continue to exist as it is, for eternity?"

*Liam recites and ancient rune incantation and the bone dragon pices back together before sinking back to the underworld. Liam felt sorely tempted to follow, but he remembered Nagil's words

[i] if you visit us again. .it will be forever. .[/i]

Liam broke his thoughts away and walked up to the others who were tending Viper in time to hear Alanders outburst*

Liam: Alan. .this is no time for anger. .ancient runes can heal her, I think we have enough magic combined to return her to her previous state. .

Peri: you are forgetting one thing, if we do it wrong she will be turned goddess and taken to live with the rest of the gods. .

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole knelt by Viper and took a look at her battered body...[/i]

Chole: She'll live, she'll heal...*sigh* but the scars'll always be there.

Liam: We can heal her with some simple magic.

Chole: Heal...not restore...

[i]Chole guides his hand over Viper's wounds, which were beggining to heal.[/i]

Chole: Brother...

Alan: ...

Chole: We need herbs...

[i]Alan didn't move...he was still in a bit of a shock after what just happened. Instead, Lady Perigrine got up and searched the packs.[/i]

Peri: I'll do it...

Liam: How about the magic...

Chole: We don't know how the magic mends wounds...done improperly, it'll leave scars...hideous ones...

Viper: I heard that you bástard. But you're smart...

[i]She laughed...and smiled. Her voice was so feint as she whipsered the words towards Chole.[/i]

Chole: ...

[i]Chole got up and motioned for Alan to step in and give comfort to Viper.[/i]

Alan: You're gonna be alright...

Liam: We have to keep moving...she may live...but if her fluids keep escaping her, then we'll have to drag her along until we get to some fresh water...

Viper: Liam...

Liam: ?

Viper: ...Nothing...*cough*

Chole: *sigh* Peri!!!

Peri: Alright...I'm coming![/COLOR]

Alan:A goddess?

Peri:Only if we preform the spells and incantations improperly..

Alan:The chances of that are?

Peri:50/50.. Liam and I are very powerful, but we are not perfect, believe it or not..

Liam:She's right.. no one has had to preform magical spells on immortals in a very long time..

Peri:The magic emmited upon the immortal must be extremely powerful..

Liam:Very few people know how to preform the spells..

Peri:Even Lord Obsidian knew not how to heal an immortal.. if we make a mistake, we may never see her again..

Alan:Are we sure that that would be such a bad thing?

Viper:Alan.. w.. what are.. what are you saying?

Alan:Well..

Chole:Alan?

Alan:WELL C'MON! It must surely be a better fate to be healed and become a goddess than to slowly and painfully transform into a hideus(sp) dragon!

[i]The group was silent as Peri knelt beside Viper.[/i]

Peri:Is this what you want..

Viper:I won't leave you guys, but Alan is right.. for 400 years I've been trying to come up with a way to rid myself of this curse.. this may be my one and only chance..

Chole:Peregrine.. can you call the gods and ask them to allow her to remain with us, even if she is a celestial being?

Peri:I could.. but she'd only be able to remain with us for a short time.. a year tops.. and thats if we're lucky.. because the sheer magnitude of a god is enough to kill a mortal..

Alan:Please Peregrine... please.. that must be better than living her life with horrible scars, emotionally and physically..

Liam:One question still arises.. Viper.. why did you attack that dragon?

Viper:He.. killed my parents..

Alan:She deserved to kill that dragon, not to be injured this way.. please Peregrine..

[COLOR=royalblue]Peri: There's nothing else for it.....

[i]She stood up and pulled off her shirt and pants............revealing the tatoos of a pheonix and a falcon flying together, entwined across her hips and back. Stretching her limbs and shoulders, she took a handful of herbs and brushed them over Viper's hair, then her own. Liam closed his eyes and spread his hands ove Viper's body, then began to chant.[/i]

Chole: What now?

Peri: I do a dance..........and sing, and hope I still have enough energy to do this right.....*rubs palms together* This is going to be a true test.......so all of you join hands in a circle around us........

[i]The men circled Viper, Liam, and Peregrine and swiftly, Peregrine began to move to the rythmn of Liam's chant, harmonizing quietly, spreading selected herbs over Viper and herself at the same time.......She moved like a bird in flight, slowly then quickly, changing direction abruptly then circling slowly. Soon, the tatoos around her body glowed purple and silver, and Viper's body began to pulse with life........[/i][/COLOR]

Alan muttered darkly.....By the gods i hope this works...

Light began to play about theri faces, with every breath of Peregrine's growing stronger and brighter. Strange winds were blowing, and the whispering in their ears was unsettling. It was as if the spirits of the world had converged at this point and place. Still Peri danced, faster and more furious, the dance becoming a manic celebration of the right of Viper to be a god. If it were to work, Peri would have to subjugate herself to Viper's will completely, if only for a moment. In that moment, in Viper's sudden realisation of the omnipotence of the gods, she would decide their fates by the strength of Peri's devotion to her.

If she decided that the power was intoxicating enough to kill, then they were all doomed. None more so than Peri however.
For Viper would own her soul.

[I]Liam continued to chant, mind telling him that spirits were coming to watch. His chanting increased, as did Peri's movement. Soon the sky darkened, and the group were Illuminated in a white light[/I]

Liam: [i] the very gods are watching [/i]

[i] a shiver rippled around the group, wind rushing, bringing cold. soon spirits voices echoed among them, Viper's body glowed a deep gold, and the wounds healed.

Both Liam and Peri knew that it was time to slow down, the magic had worked. .but they could not. .the very gods were willing it to go on. . .to make her one of them[/i]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Peregrine sighed quietly and let her hands drop to her sides and feet stand still. The gods smiled silently, then receeded into the heavans.........Liam looked at Peregrine and the two sat down again, then promptly fell over, fast asleep.[/i]

Chole: Wow......

Alan: No kidding...

Viper/Liam/Peri: :sleep:

Outlaw: I'm hungry.

Tidus: :rolleyes:

Yuna: :sleep:

Alan/Chole: *sigh*[/COLOR]

[i]Viper slept next to Liam and Peregrine's fellen bodies. Their dreams magically intwined, for the ritual was done. Viper was a god.[/i]

Viper:Peregrine?

[i]Viper, Liam, and Peregrine sat alone on a beautiful magenta blanket next to a sparkling blue lake. The sun shone from above their heads and the soft wind was balmy. The air was warm and sweet with the scents of summer. Liam had a full face, no half skull, and the 3 of them seemed to have degressed in age. The three looked youthful, new, and young. Peregrine and Liam smiled as the wind softly ruffled their hair.[/i]

Peregrine:It worked Viper.. your a goddess now.. your blood runs as the magical mercury, not the painful acid. Your back is smooth, and youthful, no longer scaly. Viper, your cured..

Liam:The magical spell worked, though with some after effects..

Viper:Like?

Peri:Liam and I will be lax in our magic for a little while, no more than a week.. well that and..

Viper:And?

Liam:This is going to be hard Viper..

Viper:What?

Peri:Viper, you can only see Alan in your physical form for about a year more.. then you will ahve to leave us all and ascned to the heavens..

Viper:What?

Liam:We'll still be able to communicate with you.. but not in the body..

Viper:No..

Peri:Hey, let's not focus on the bad, lets try and concentrate on the good, Viper your a goddess now..

Viper:Of what though?

[i]As Viper spoke these words, four gods materialized infront of them. It was obvious that they were the gods of the elements, for that was what they were made of. The gentle goddess of wind stepped forward.[/i]

Air:Viper.. your a goddess now.. and you are the one who must choose what your going to be the goddess of..

Fire:What you aer going to be the goddess of is entirely up to you.. lok inside your heart.. it will come to you..

Viper:Well.. I was viciously injured because I attacked that dragon.. the onewho had murdered my parents.. I don't want anyone to have to go through that..

Air:Your choice then?

Viper:Protection.. wish to be the goddess of protection..

[i]The four gods stepped forward and each placed a finger on Viper's forehead and shut their eyes. Viper followed suit and as she shut her eyes, a white light erupted from her forehead and the four gods disappeared.[/i]

Liam:Where did they go?

Viper:Back home, to their watchtowers, but they each left a little part of themselves inside of me.. it is done.. I am the goddess of Protection now.. and I swear that what happened to me will never happen to anyone ever again..

Liam:Cool.. so where are we?

Viper/Peri:Limbo..

Liam:Mm?

[i]Viper and Peregrine giggled and Viper rose to her feet.[/i]

Viper:Peregrine.. rise and be blessed..

Peri:Viper?

Viper:Peregrine.. I bless thee.. your heart is pure and your soul unique.. I promise you my full protection at all times.. as goes for you Liam.. you two helped me when no one else could or would dare.. I thank you and give you my word that I will eternally protect you two and when you do die, Peregrine you will return here for your after life, and you Liam.. you will no longer need to return to the underworld to my brother Hades..

Peri:Thank you your ladyship..

Liam:Okay enough of the holy thing, can we go? Viper being nice is starting to freak me out.. and besides.. I'm hungry..

Viper:Alright..

[i]Viper snapped her fingers and they returned to the group in a cloud of white, honeysuckle scented smoke. The others looked on in wonder as Viper and Peregrine returned to their lovers.[/i]

Chole:Peregrine, Viper are you alright?

Peri:We're all fine now..

Alan:Viper..

Viper:Alan.. I need to speak with you.. not now.. but soon.. first we should all eat..

[i]With a wave of her arm, a glorious feast appeared before them and they all sat down to their meal. When the finished, Viper again waved and the meal disappeared into thin air. Alander took her by the wrist and led her away, noticing that as she walked snapdragons appeared in her wake. He led her away and they laid down together on the sand. Alan turned his head and gazed deeply into Viper's azure eyes.[/i]

Alan:Viper..

Viper:Yes Alan?

Alan:May I have the honor of kissing a goddess?

Viper;The honor would be all mine..

[i]Alan kissed Viper softly and romantically. Night feel and Viper ingited a fire to keep them warm. All through the night Viper and Alan's bodies entwined romantically in their love making. Viper felt herself falling deeper and deeper in love with the mortal ontop of her. As much as she enjoyed making love, not having sex, but making love with Alander, she knew that it would only make the final parting harder.[/i]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]The group finally started to get ready for their walk across the desert expanse...which was surpirsingly cool with the wind coming in from the waters far away. But they weren't heading for that...Viper's wounds were nearly all gone, except maybe for the personal scars in her mind, but everybody had those.

Chole and Peri stood side by side.[/i]

Chole: You tired?

Peri: Yep.

Chole: That was some feat that you pulled off.

Peri: Me and Liam...with the help of the gods...

Chole: Well, at least it wasn't that god...you know who...

Peri: Pfff....don't worry about him...he's just mad because they put him just to watch over prisoners.

Chole: Well, what if he sees me again?

Peri: What did you do to him anyway?

Chole: I-uh...don't wanna really talk about it.

Peri: Oh? We have all day...

[i]Chole sighed and told the story of how he flipped off and cussed out the god who oversaw the town that he was in not too far off from the south. It was almost comical now that Chole retold it while the others listened. Viper could clearly remember the details that he left out and she shyed away a bit.[/i]

Peri: So where does Viper come in?

Chole: She rescued me...I don't know why she did though...

Viper: I was following you...

Chole: oh...then we must've travelled pretty far then.

Viper: Yeah...you were knocked out for a few hours...

Chole: Hours?! Well...nevermind that...

Viper: It feels strange...being a goddess.

Chole: I'm no expert on it...I don't command any magic except what this crossbow gives to me.

[i]Chole held up his crossbow with one arm, creating a large shadow over Peri and Viper.[/i]

Alan: Who gave that to you?

Chole: Also towards the south...forgot which town. I was in a bar and the guy just gave it to me...strange isn't it?

Peri: He probably couldn't lift it.

Chole: Maybe...I had a hard time with it too, now that I think about it.

Alan: *shrugs*

[i]Chole kept glancing at Viper, who now held a slightly feint aura around her, her beauty restored. She finally caught his stare and they locked eyes, then smiled.[/i]

Viper: What?

Chole: I'm still trying to figure out weather or not you're a DragonHeart anymore.

Peri: She's still a Dragonheart...but she wields a different spell set...inside she's still a goddess.

Viper: A beginner one, at that...

Chole: Well, when we all die...make sure that we go up there, instead of down to hell.

Viper: Oh...of course :devil:

[i]They all laughed and continued to share stories throughout the entire night. Alan and Viper kept close while Outlaw and Liam listened in. Chole and Peri, on the other hand were sitting close...but keeping their distance. Their arms were constantly touching, but neither had the urge to hold on...not just yet...[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Lady Peregrine smiled, then pulled her cloak back on, drawing the hood over her face. Adjusting her swordbelt, she turned to Chole and touched the side of his face gently....[/i]

Peri: I was so afraid.....

Chole: Of what?

Peri: Messing up the spell. Every step was like walking on knives...

Chole: But you did fine!

Peri: Yeah, but now Viper's gonna have the strength to back up the ego.

Chole: :haha:

Peri: *sigh* It's all good, at least a godess owes me a favor. ;)[/COLOR]

*Liam goes back to his won thoughts and thinks about the incantation.*

Liam: Peri, during the incantation, did you feel weird? like you couldn't stop before the spell went all the way in turning Viper into a goddes?

Peri: *looks at him curiously* you too? weird. .thought it was the moment

Liam: mmm. .*goes back to his own thoughts*

Alan face had not ceased to smile, his stepsdancing along with a significant skip in them....he whistled a long lost ditty, and smiled even more....

Peri: What's up with him?

Chole: Looks like the boy got a little something last night...

Liam: So what? it's just sex

Chole: Not with a goddess it isnt'....

Liam: ohhhh....bastard.....

[COLOR=darkblue]Chole: Y'know, I'd talk about it if everyone was comfortable about these things...

Peri: And you know that isn't possible...not everyone here is a sex crazed maniac...

Liam: Like me...

Chole: Exactly...;)

[i]Peri looked at Chole with both of her eyebrows up. Chole noticed her and they locked eyes with each other.[/i]

Peri: What are you looking at?

Chole: How long is it until we get across this desert expanse...

Viper: About 5 more days at this pace, if we don't stop or get stopped...

Alan: That shouldn't be too hard...considering all this power we have on our side.

[i]The sun was finally set up while they continued their walk silently as the giant ball of fire stood still in the sky, altering everything in their world. The desert heat began to intensify around them and noon fell in.[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]The horses and the humans began to gasp for air as the heat crushed around them. Peregrine quickly pulled off her outer layer of clothes and folded them...[/i]

Chole: Hot eh?

Liam/Peri: You said it Samm...

Alan: Who's Samm?

Viper: One of the lesser Nochtesian gods.

Chole: Noch what now?

Viper/Peri: Noch-Tee-See-An.

Chole: Right....

Liam: So what does Samm do?

Peri: He's the god who watches over imbiceles.[/COLOR]

[i]Chole stops walking suddenly and looks around the desert. The rest of the group stops and turns to him.[/i]

Peri:Chole? What is it?

Chole:Um.. Peregrine.. where is Tenx?

Viper:Back when the two dragons appeared Tenx was killed. When the dragon Liam summoned had it's head fall off, it crushed Tenx. His body was dragged down through the sand into the underworld.

Alan:That's really gruesome..

Viper:Gruesome but true..

Chole:Well, lets keep moving..

[i]The group began to walk forward again, though Liam moved at a slower speed than the rest. Viper noticed and dropped back to meet him.[/i]

Viper:Liam.. what is the matter?

Liam:He was dragged to the underworld?

Viper:Yes Liam..

Liam:Then..

Viper:Yes Liam, Tenx took your place. You no longer owe anything to my brother the god of the dead..

Liam:Aeon is the god of the dead?

Viper:No.. Aeon is my brother through blood, while Hades is my celestial brother..

Liam:Then I no longer am doomed to lie for eternity in the land of the acursed dead?

Viper:No.. now when you die.. I will ensure that you will go to Limbo, where we were before. It is of the highest honor to go to Limbo, and everyone here deserves it..

Liam:Really Viper? You promise.. you promise that I'll never have to return to that evil place again?

[i]Viper smiled and nodded her head. She set a hand on Liam's shoulder. Liam felt warmth erupt through him from where she touched him.[/i]

Viper:I promise..

[COLOR=darkblue]Chole: *sigh* Limbo...stuck in a never ending dream of lost souls...

Viper: Hey, that's the best you're gonna get...

Chole: I always thought heaven was the place we would go to.

Viper: Nope...Limbo...

Peri: Well, that sucks...

Liam: At least it's better than hell, that for sure...

Chole: I wouldn't know...

Liam: Take my word for it.

[i]Viper and Alan stayed with Liam while Chole and Peri led the group through the heat...hot, but comfortable.[/i]

Chole: If it stays like this year around, I'd live nearby here.

Peri: Chole, we're almost out of the desert...

Chole: Oh...I see...

Peri: Yeah...I need an answer by then...

Chole: So demanding...

[i]Peri punched Chole lightly on the arm.[/i]

Chole: You'll get your answer...;)

[i]Peri smiled and walked alongside Chole, each holding Tidus and Yuna to keep them apart for the time being.[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Peregrine and the others made their way down a rocky canyon, slipping and slidding down the sides......Tidus and Yuna were terrified, but made it through to the washout.[/i]

Alan: Don't tell me we're gonna climb up that other side too..........

Peri: We're not.

Viper: We aren't?

Chole: What are we going to do then? Blast our way through?

Peri: *rolls up sleeves* You betcha!

[i]Moving quickly, she placed both hands on the opposite side of the canyon wall and braced herself.[/i]

Peri: Infinite Earth, Mother of all things, Bend unto my will! Stone Striker!

[i]Almost immediatly, a serries of rough plateaus shot from the sandstone walls and jutted outwards, creating a rough staircase upwards....[/i]

Peri: Shall we?

Viper: ;) Lets.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen]~~~~~~
[Raiha's Production Notes: Okay okay, so, I'm stealing the Stone Strike idea from Slayers. So sue me!!][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]As they trudged up the stone steps, they noticed a group of dead bodies off to the side...[/i]

Alan: Who are they?

Chole: Bandits...who were obviously living here.

Peri: Don't we just have all the luck...

Liam: But we shouldn't keep our guard down...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]No sooner had the words left his mouth, than a group of demonic beasts appeared from thin air and surround the group. Alan drew his sword and behead the first one.................almost immediatly, it fell to the ground, and the hideous face of the monster turned into the face of a dead thirteen year old girl.....[/i]

Alan: !! :eek:

Peri: *whips sword free* Spirit of Pantheris!!! COME TO MY AID!!!

[i]A change rippled through Lady Peregrine's body and she leapt forward, as a huge black puma.....claws raised and fangs barred....[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Chole: Freaky...where'd these things come from?

Viper: I don't know *grabs Aeon's staff* Just fight!

[i]Chole grabbed his crossbow and loaded it with nearly 10,000 small metal bolts.[/i]

Chole: Damn....

[i]The group of demons overwhelmed Chole as he tried to take the shot.[/i]

Liam: Here!

[i]Liam used his blade and martial arts to subdue some of the monsters and reached out to take Chole's hand and help him up.[/i]

Chole: Thanks...

Liam: C'mon...

[i]Liam led Chole to an isolated part of the rocky moutain where he could easily take shots...[/i]

Liam: Just stay in one piece...

Chole: I know...

[i]Liam headed back to join in melee combat while Chole alreted his vision and concentrated on the first shot...[/i]

Chole: Just guide me...

[i]Chole pulled the trigger and five-hundred bolts spread forth from his bow in the shape of an arrow. Glowing blue, each bolt honed in on their target and pierced their thick hides. It didn't kill them, but it disoriented them enough for Peri, Alan, Viper, and Liam to deal their final blows, killing off half of the attacking pack. And it was also enough for Chole to attach a single arrow that would do the major damage...[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Peregrine arched her back and tossed off a monster digging into her neck...she screeched and landed on top of him, ripppin flesh off his face and torso....[/i]

Liam: Hurry up!

Peri: [i]I'M DOING THE BEST I CAN!!!!![/i][/COLOR]