OtakuBoards

Dragonhearts (Rated: R)

Raiha

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Peri sat back in front of the fire, then fell over. She was asleep before she hit the ground....[/i]

Alan: Wow.

Peri: :sleep:

Chole: I'll be back later....*picks up crossbow and leaves*

Alan/Outlaw: Okay...[/COLOR]

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole got away from any source of light, into the woods and crouched down with his crossbow pinned between his legs...he took out his gloves and put them on...training time and also a time to think...[/i]

Chole: So Lady Perigrine loves me...

[i]In the pitch black..Chole fired a dozen shots, all honing into the center of three or four seperate trees.[/i]

Chole: I've only known her for a couple of weeks..!

[i]He rolled over and fire a couple of shots at himself...launching off into the distance, then turning around and coming back at him. He dodged nearly all of them, except one...which he caught by the shaft and reloaded.[/i]

Chole: And Viper...she's gone because of me!

[i]Fired another salvo of arrows in a circular motion, arrows launching in each direction...[/i]

Chole: And...who's to blame? All me!!

[i]He threw his crossbow into the ground and started battling a tree, ripping off the bark and nearly tearing its body from the roots. His hands started to bleed under his gloves and tears started to flow from his eyes before he finally stopped. He wiped himself up, picked up his crossbow and headed back to camp...[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]Chole: ....

Peri: *stirs in her sleep*

Alan: You okay Chole?

Chole: *hids fists behind back* Yeah.

Outlaw: Hang on....let me see that.

Chole: No, I'm fine!

Peri: *sits up* What's going on?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Outlawpulled his hands foward, showing the blood dripping from them, muscle exposed and knuckles as white as the moon...[/i]

Outlaw: What in the world were you up to?

Chole: I was out training...

Alan: More like you were out trying to beat yourself do death...those trees might have been infected...

[i]Outlaw went to his horse and reached into his pack to retrieve a few bandages.[/i]

Peri: What possessed you to do this to yourself?!

Chole: What do you think?

Peri: you're frustrated with something?

[i]Outlaw took Chole's gloves off and poured stinging whiskey all over his hands. He put some on the bandages to keep it from being infected and wrapped it around each hand.[/i]

Chole: Don't tie my hands together, okay?

Outlaw: It might be useful...

Peri: Outlaw dont!

Outlaw: I was just playing around...

Alan: He might not be able to fight for a couple days...

Chole: I'll be fine...Peri...I need to talk with you...

Peri: Okay...

Outlaw: Umm...let me finish first...

Alan: We should go look for Liam...

[i]Outlaw finished up plastering the bandages and they got their weapons and headed out into the forest to look for him...[/i]

Peri: What did you want to talk to me about?

Chole: Why you love me?

Peri: Because I have feelings for you...

Chole: And you didn't bother telling me?

Peri: I thought you already knew...

Chole: I didn't...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Peregrine locked eyes with Chole and clasped her hands underneath her chin.[/i]

Peri: I'm sorry........I thought you knew.......

Chole: I'll say it again. Why do you love me?

Peri: I .......I just feel......this connection with you, unlike anything I've ever felt before...........and when we're together, I feel something come into place.

Chole: ...Oh.

Peri: And if you don't love me back, I understand. I'm used to disapointment.[/COLOR]

Alan: Liam!!! Liiii-aaaammmmm!?! Hello!? *to himself* why the hell did i suggest we look for him? how do we even know he's in the vicinity? Sometimes i say some damn stupid things...Liii-AAMMMMM!!!!

Alan walked along, frustrated with this job. Whilst he recognised Peri's need for privacy, he was growing increasingly angry at the moods that Chole seemed to put her effortlessly. An not the good kind. He wasn't completely clear on what those two felt for each other, after all, he WAS still....ummm....let's say still in possession of all his flowers...so he didn't understand these feelings hwich made them both so jumpy he was scared to pee without asking permission.

He sighed. Thankgod he would never grow up to be that silly.

Now. Where in the blue hells of Archanor was that Liam character. He'd better be close....

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole looked into the forest to see Asar's lantern glowing in the distance. He turned back and looked at Lady Perigrine in the face...[/i]

Chole: I've only been with you for a short period of time. And it does feel like something is changing within me.

Perigrine: Oh?

Chole: And if you're feeling the same way I am right now. Then maybe you're right...I do have feelings for you.

Peri: What then?

Chole: I can't give you my anser yet...not now...but you'll get your answer...that I promise.

Peri: I never thought you were big on promises.

Chole: Like I said...something's changing...

[i]Chole got up and followed the glow of Alan's lamp.[/i]

Peri: Where are you going?

Chole: I promised you to get to Arethi(sp?) didn't I?

[i]Peri got up also and walked by Chole into the forest.[/i] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=purple]Okay.. I'm back...[/COLOR]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[i]Viper stumbles aimlessly through the forest clutching her bleeding arm. She stumbles constantly and finally trips over a rock and falls face forward into the dirt. She lies there watching, in the pale moonling, the dirt and dust swirl and turn a deadly black with her blood. She feels her eyelids get heavy and surrenders to sleep.[/i]

Liam:That's a girl...

[i]Liam steps out from the shadows and picks up Viper. He carries her back to the camp. When she rouses from her sleep, her arm is bandaged and everyone is sitting 'round the fire roasting meat, save Chole and Peregrine.[/i]

Viper:Nnnnn.. whats going on? W-where's Aeon?

Liam:He's alright, he's there.

[i]Liam points a finger to their left and Viper's eyes trail his arm to the tip of his finger and then beyond. Viper sees her brother sleeping peacefully in the warmth of a sleeping bag by the fire.[/i]

Viper:Is he alright?

Liam:He'll be fine, now, have something to eat...

[i]Liam held up a steaming hunk of moo cow on the end of a stick. Mouth watering with hunger, Viper helped herself to the food. When she finished she turned back to Liam.[/i]

Viper:I'm sorry I was such a little oinker, it's just that I ahven't eaten in days and beef has always been my favorite.

Liam:Haha.. it's alright.. don't worry about it.

[i]Viper's eyes flash dangerously and she stands up very abruptly.[/i]

Liam:Viper? What's wrong?

Viper:They'll be back soon, in just a few minutes, I can hear them talking...

Liam:Who? I don't hear anything...

Viper:You are not as in tune with nature as a Dragonheart. Sounds ride the wind and I can hear people talking continents away.

Liam:What people? Who?

Viper:Chole and Peregrine.. so.. he has finally admitted it... not to her but to himself... I knew it...

Liam:What? What are you talking about? What has he admitted to himself?

Viper:He.. he... he loves her...

[i]Viper's eyes well up with tears and she breaks off into a run. Liam stands to go after her but he hears her scream and then after a few minutes, Alan carries her back into the camp. Outlaw snickers as Alan tried desperately to hold onto a screaming, kicking, biting Viper. He turns his head away so Alan won't see him laughing. Alan is already bleeding in several places. Still, he galantly holds onto Viper and carries her back to Liam just as Chole and Peregrine walk back into camp.[/i]

Liam:No need to run...

Viper:But...

Liam:Hush now... hey CHOLE! Peregrine! We have a visitor, come and see!

[i]Liam waved his hand and beckoned the two over to him. Viper scowled fiercely and kicked Liam's legs out from underneath him and she stood up to face Peregrine. Cautiously Viper reached out a hand and held the side of Peregrine's face. She looked directly into Peregrine's eyes, burning a hole in her conciousness(sp?). Astonished, Peregrine just looked back at her. Viper spoke directly into Peregrine's soul.[/i]

Viper:You are very lucky. You have what I have spent months trying to get. And you didn't need to try for it at all. It came to you. Even with a body like mine and the ability to make men do whatever I want, you got the greatest treasure of all. You Lady Peregrine, have love.

Peri:Viper...

[i]Viper put a single finger to Peregrine's lips.[/i]

Viper:No... You've done a magnificent job turning this man into a gentleman, I never could have. You deserve him.

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Peregrine's eyes glowed breifly and Viper nodded. Chole looked at them bemusedly, then sat down. Viper and Peregrine looked back at the men sitting around the fire, then disapeared into the forest.[/i]

Chole: What are they......

Liam: Girl talk.

Chole/Alan/Outlaw: Oh.........right.

[i]Meanwhile.......[/i]

Viper: Do you have any ideas on.......

Peri: Your brother's attacker........

Viper: The dragons seem to be stronger now.

Peri: As are the monsters and dreams of Thenleyali. I don't like it at all........[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole, Liam, and Alan sat by the fire and talked about...stuff...[/i]

Alan: Chole, I don't get it...

Chole: Get what?

Liam: Well..what I don't get is that you spent all that time with Viper...but you didn't even show much feelings for her.

Chole: Ummm...it's kinda hard to explain...

Liam: Try me...

Alan: And me!

[i]Chole looked up at the sky...[/i]

Chole: Fine...well...it's just that, when I saw Lady Perigrine...I just knew that something was going to happen between us. I was panicking when I first saw her...but I didn't even know why. My heart started beating really fast...and my blood started to warm up...once our eyes locked...they never broke apart until I went to talk to her...

[i]Chole looked down again to see Liam and Alan in their own little daydreams...[/i]

Chole: Hey! were you even listening?!

Liam: Heh...I wonder when that's going to happen to me...

Chole: *falls*[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Viper and Peregrine exchanged a glance, and both pulled out their perspective magical gems. Viper conjured up her Boa Jewel, and Peregrine pulled out a small diamonshaped aquamarine gem. Both consulted their stones quietly.[/i]

Peregrine: The south is in trouble.

Viper: ......I'm not getting much.

Peri: Any plans?

Viper: No, I think we'll need some more help.

Peri: Let's tell the guys.

Viper: Right.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole got back up and saw Peri and someone else...[/i]

Liam: Viper!!!

[i]Chole jumped up[/i]

Viper: Missed me?

Chole: Yeah...it's been a while...

Viper: I didn't come here for personal matters...this is all buisness right now.

Chole: Now you're talking...;)

Peri: Were heading towards the south...we'll pass a couple more towns after this...then...it's no man's land for around a thousand miles.

Alan: *gulp*

Peri: I know it's you're first mission out of harm's way...but trust me, the trip will be well worth it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Chole: How's your brother...

Viper: Wounded...but he'll be fine in a few days...

[i]The group sat down by the fire and one by one...they each fell asleep...Chole, Peri and Viper were the only ones remaining awake...[/i]

Peri: I'm sorry..

Viper: About what?

Peri: About putting all this pressure on you...I know you have feelings for Chole...

Viper: I know...but what can I do if Chole doesn't have feelings for me either...

Chole: Umm...I'm right here?

Viper: *tears form* I know...

Chole: *sigh* I'm not really big on words...but...when you rescued me from prison...and flew me off, kissing me for no apparent reason....

Viper: I was trying to control you? :rolleyes:

Chole: But apparently, that didn't work...

Peri: So what are you trying to say?

Chole: If both of you were just one person...I'd go nuts over you. But...the one who rescued me will turn out to be a very powerful ally and a trusted companion, along with the others who are on this expidition. And the one who caught my eye and my heart...is the one whom I unite with.

Viper: That was a little confusing...

Peri: Umm...Bacically...if we're not infatuated or anything like that...Chole and I are in this together...a lot like our party...but closer.

Viper: ...let's just rest...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]Chole dozed off for a few minutes before he was finally refreshed. He got up and started to pack his things and get something to cook for breakfast. He crouched down to get his crossbow and realized that his hands were still bandaged...he unwrapped his left hand to find the blood still clotting, but overall, there wasn't much pain.[/i]

Chole: *whispers* I'll be right back..

[i]Chole took off his bandages, revealing all the scars he had. He washed them off with warm water, pickedup his crossbow and headed out into the woods...He took a look around and noticed that most of the forest floor was empty, aside from a few squrrels that Chole had no intention of catching or eating. He continued to walk until he saw the giant hole in the ground that the dragon made. He stopped at the edge and looked down, thinking about Viper and Aeon and the dragon who took their lives. It angered him to think that he might only be increasing their suffering. But he was already bruised and bloodied from last night and he didn't want to hurt himself to death. He took another quick glance around and found nothing shooting his arrows at. He turned and headed back for camp.

The rest of the group was waking up and getting ready to pack. Liam got to his feet and looked at Chole's bandages left beside the fire. He immediately propped up, thinking that he might be doing something stupid. He ran over to Alan and shook him awake.[/i]

Liam: Chole! He's gone!

Alan: Huh?!

Liam: Not so loud...you don't want to alarm Lady Perigrine or Viper.

Alan: How about Aeon...

Liam: He could care less of what happens to Chole...but we have to find him...

Alan: What if he just went out to relieve himself?

Liam: Maybe...but we can't take chances...

Alan: You're panicking...

[i]Liam looked at the forest and saw Chole coming out of the forest with his crossbow, walking normally. Alan waved at him.[/i]

Alan: We thought you abandoned us!

Chole: Nope...

[i]Chole set his bow down and walked over to Liam and Alan.[/i]

Liam: Were you looking for something?

Chole: Yeah, food...

Alan: :rolleyes:

Liam: Umm...okay...*whew*

Chole: Were you worried or something?

Liam: No...I thought you were going to do something to yourself.

Chole: No...I had enough punishment yesterday...[/COLOR]

Alan looked around him, at his companions, as they were packing up the camp. Soon they would be off, but for now he just wanted to savour this moment. He breathed deeply, and sighed. By the gods the air was sweet this morning, and the sky had never looked so blue. Of course, the highlight of the morning had been the sunrise- he'd never known that so many colours could be in the sky at the same time.....

Peri looked at Alan, standing there, absolutely enraptured by this place, and why not? It was a special part of the world. She envied him his carefreeness, the joys of youth. Sadly, that was not her lot, nor had it ever been. Hers had been struggle and defiance - even now she was questing for a better place. A better life. They were going to Arethei, and only she knew what was contained within that dread place. To be young again.....

Chole grunted, the cuts and bruises on his hands and fingers making it extra hard to pull down his part of the camp. Giving up for the moment, he splached the rest of the water on his face, gasping at it's freshness. He didn't know why, but he had the sudden urge to laugh - out loud and proudly. Things weren't going perfectly, that was for sure, but they were alright. And the feel of this place....he felt better all of a sudden.....

As they prepared to leave, each of the members of the group turned and gazed longingly at this place where they had made their camp. At the trees which were filled with bird life, the crystal clear river, and soft rolling grass. A collective sigh came from the group. This place was special. Of that there was no doubt...

[COLOR=royalblue]Peri: Another day...

Viper: *sigh* I'll get the horse...

[i]The two women loaded up the horse, which was dubbed Titus, and the group carried on, pressing to the far southlands.......[/i]

Chole: What's the plan?

Peri: We continue. Until we reach Arethrei.

Outlaw: And when we're there?

Peri: We'll find out.

Alan: Not much of a plan....

Peri: And you can think up a better one?

Alan: Nevermind.

Viper: Are their any towns coming up?

Outlaw: Blasted Oak. But that'll be two days journey from here.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Chole: You know your maps well...

[i]Chole shook the bottle of water for any extra drops left and packed it back...he wiped his face with a spare cloth and got up.[/i]

Liam: Are we leaving yet?

Iris: Almost...we just have to get all this crap loaded...

Viper: It's not crap...we could sell this stuff and get some stuff that we really need for crossing the desert.

Alan: Oh yeah...that...

Chole: Don't worry about it...we'll make it through.

[i]The last of the packs were loaded onto the horses and the departed. Chole reared the pack and looked back at the forest...he snapped out of it and caught up with the party...[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]Peri: Okay.....when we get there, we'll need water, food, fire supplies...

Outlaw: More weapons, knives, swords, armour.

Alan: Silver, obsidian, and cold steel...

Viper: Anything else?

Peri: A straight jacket incase one of us goes crazy.

Chole: *points to Alan* He'll be the first.

Peri: :therock: Right.........okay...........

Viper: Now that you mention it.......silver is a good idea.

Peri: I hope they have amethysts there.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]Alan: Why?

Peri: 'cause they're really, really valuable over there...we could come home rich with just a few of them.

Chole: A rare find though...

[i]The group walks into town and splits up to go into seperate shops...buying their own items for themselves.[/i]

Viper: Where are you going?

Chole: Who me?

Viper: Yeah...

Chole: Nowhere...I'm just getting some water from the well...this place doesn't have what I'm looking for.

Viper: And what might that be...

Chole: A magic arrow socket...so I won't need arrows anymore.

[i]Chole went to the well and took out his bottle, he sunk it in and pulled it out, screwing the top of the bottle. He sat down by the well and waited for the others.[/i]

Viper: I don't really need anything here either...

[i]Viper sat down by Chole, holding her Aeon staff.[/i]

Chole: You think there might be quick work around here?

Viper: Maybe...wanna?

[i]Chole and Viper got up and headed into the Tavern to look for any bounty posts...[/i][/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]Peri: *sigh* This'll work.

[i]Walking out of the store, Peri adjusted her backpack and found Viper and Chole in the tavern, looking at posters.[/i]

Chole: Find anything?

Peri: Amythests and silver. But I hope Alan or Outlaw find some obsidian.

Viper: Nothing here.......

Chole: Same..........

Peri: I need a drink...[/COLOR]