OtakuBoards

If you were to ask god one question to be answered about, what would it be?

Krillen

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desert Shadow [/i]
[B]

[b]Ah, i see your point. Well, you can't catch me calling people's idea's stupid. But thats not my point. All i say is, you can't use other people's actions as an excuse for your actions. Welcome discipline.

As for the "no evidence of noah's ark", i've read many books and whatnot supporting the theory, so obviously there IS evidence. I guess you jes' never looked hard enough.

In any case, if there IS a God (which i hold that there is) and there is much evidence for that fact. And if there is a God, then that in itself is evidence for Noah's Ark, if you see what i'm saying. But we can't prove either, nor can we disprove either, and unless you and me want to do alot of research, and have a jolly 'ol debate on the Noah's Ark deal (i'm up for it if you want), then we should jes' drop the whole Noah's Ark discussion right here after this post. And i think you'll agree ^_^ Back to the topic please! [/b]:D :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Bzzt! Wrong! lol

Sorry, but there is no evidence of Noah's Ark. There isn't a factual scientific document on earth that would aim to prove its existence. The beauty of religion is that you can twist and distort facts to suit your ideology. That is one reason why I get so annoyed by it -- people think that they're showing me facts when they are actually showing me something written up by a scientologist.

And yes, I'm quite happy to debate Noah's Ark anytime you want.

But yes, as mentioned, let's keep the topic going on track...it may actually survive a few days...lol. And yeah, sorry for the double post, but I feel like I may go over word limits lol.[/size] :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[size=1]
I've basically been utterly flamed here because I used the word "stupid" to describe a historical idea -- hardly a major thing. I feel that I am the one who has been treaded on here.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]We weren't flaming you, James :whoops:

We also weren't treading on you. You merely said something that scraped over a very sensitive issue...and this was the response.

I'm sure you understand the initial reaction on our part. I still think it was a bit rude, but I'm over that.

I just don't see why people need to treat your post any differently than they would any other member (other than respect, yes) because you're just a normal 18 year old guy. If you weren't an administrator, the response would have been the same, if not worse.

You haven't been singled out to be "treaded" on...believe me :)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]We weren't flaming you, James :whoops:

We also weren't treading on you. You merely said something that scraped over a very sensitive issue...and this was the response.

I'm sure you understand the initial reaction on our part. I still think it was a bit rude, but I'm over that.

I just don't see why people need to treat your post any differently than they would any other member (other than respect, yes) because you're just a normal 18 year old guy. If you weren't an administrator, the response would have been the same, if not worse.

You haven't been singled out to be "treaded" on...believe me :)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]BabyGirl, I think you should read your earlier post.

I understand that the response was somewhat kneejerk, but that does not excuse the fact that I was basically attacked for what I said. And what I said was probably far LESS offensive than other members might say on a day to day basis.

I [b]have[/b] been singled out (even Desert Shadow's post talked about the conduct of an admin) and it isn't fair. I'm not holding my breath for any apologies, but I will say that you are mistaken if you think that you can just gloss over the reaction that I received.

I don't expect to be treated differently than other members (when it comes to the good and the bad) and I loathe the fact that as soon as I do one thing that isn't 100% perfect, I get pulled up by everyone on it -- when I see those very people using the same language at other times.

I'm prepared to let it rest here, BabyGirl...but it's something that was unjustified -- and I don't appreciate glossing over the fact that I was labeled a hypocrite and such when infact it was others who were behaving in that way.[/size]

Guest Imsirion
well, this proves there cant be a topic with religion that wont get messed up.... some of those questions are easy to answer but i dont want to "go preacher" on ya:) anywayz...

Whats the EXACT age of the earth???:huh:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by outlawstar_14 [/i]
[B]well, this proves there cant be a topic with religion that wont get messed up.... some of those questions are easy to answer but i dont want to "go preacher" on ya:) anywayz...

Whats the EXACT age of the earth???:huh: [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]The earth is approximately 4.5 billion years old. :)

But [b]please[/b] keep on topic, or else it'll be closed.[/size]

Guest Imsirion
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[size=1]The earth is approximately 4.5 billion years old. :)

But [b]please[/b] keep on topic, or else it'll be closed.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

well, i dont belive its in the billions, so.....yeah, its like a religion thing.
i dont want to know whats going to happen in my life, it could suck:)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by outlawstar_14 [/i]
[B]

well, i dont belive its in the billions, so.....yeah, its like a religion thing.
i dont want to know whats going to happen in my life, it could suck:) [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Don't even start. lol

What do you think geologists have known for years? *sigh*

I'm not even going to attempt to argue with that post -- it speaks for itself.

I'm also going to close this thread. I've been very dissappointed in some of you today.

The very nature of a web forum is to allow multiple views. I was simply amazed at some of the earlier posts.

In addition, let this topic serve as a reminder that Administrators deserve the same respect and fair treatment as anyone else. I feel like the moment I so much as breathe loudly, I'll get yelled at. It is both unfair and highly [b]hypocritical[/b] for some of you to lecture me on hypocracy, when you yourselves are often saying worse things.

Anyway, I've had enough of that. Let's all put it behind us for now. I just hope that from now on, I too, can behave like a human being on these boards without being insulted or called a hypocrite, something which I take great offense to.[/size]