OtakuBoards

If you were to ask god one question to be answered about, what would it be?

Krillen

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm.. a question to god.. I'd either ask the following:

1. If you're god, why do alot of people live misraeble lives?
2. What is the easy path toward living a good peaceful life?
3. Why are humans that only smart creatures on Earth? (I'd be laughing if god answers that we are not the smartest)
4. Do we have to obey every 10 Commandments to get to heaven?
5. Are you a he/she/it?

"God, If I take the Devil out for you, can you give me a free pass to heaven? Oh yeah, and I want you to fix the lottery results for the rest of my life. Surely you can do that. Oh yeah, and get me some of that forbidden fruit too. Oh yeah one other thing. Are you able to remove scars?"

:D :D :D
(maybe I'll tell you all the story behind the scar thing one day....... maybe....)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]Well I don't really think I'd ask him a question..... "Why is there greed, evilness, and all that bad stuff in the world? Why can't you fix it up?"..... I'm not sure what I'd ask him, apart from that..... :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]Refer to CWB's post further up.... that'll answer your question. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=purple]
I probably wouldn't be able to decide.. but.. it would probably be one of the following...

"Do you play practical jokes? Because thats obviously the only way George Bush got into office!"

"Are you listening?"

"Why the hell are there misquitoes?"

"If you rested on Sunday, why is the first day of the week, lazy bum"

but ya' know, being the retard that i am, I'm probably be like..

"Why DID the chicken cross the road?"[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][size=1]Once again, I refer to [b]Telling Lies for God[/b]. If you can't buy it in America, then import from Australia. It goes into huge depth about Noah's Ark and why it is physically impossible (Noah, based on mathematical equations, would have had to travel at the speed of light to feed all the animals. Also, what about symbiotic animals which require particular habitats? What about viruses and single-cell organisms? What about creatures which require living in large groups to survive? [thus debunking the whole "two of everything" idea]).

Sorry, but it's a moot argument and nothing but unsubstantiated rubbish. It doesn't even have a great deal to do with belief in God, it's really just about some historical myth.

Anyhoo...let's try and keep this topic on track in terms of asking questions of God (since that's what it's about). I'd hate to ban all religious topics, but I would submit that people will need to try and avoid argument over different things to keep the topic fairly neutral. I know I've provided argument here (if only to debunk utter stupidity), but I do think that from here on, we should stick to the topic.

As for my question? I would probably ask "Will you have a big smile on your face when you judge people who discriminate others based on their religious beliefs?" ;)[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Oi...I am going to get blasted with this one...You guys are thinking WAY to rationally all humans do, but the bible says with GOD anything can happen...I mean...right now, it would be next to impossible for all the animals to go into a cramp space willingly...I don't know if dino's were alive or not, but I am just saying, if God wanted something to happen, it would happen. My theory about dino's is IF they were alive, they were just like Satan (ya know serpent thingy) and besides getting rid of all the greedy people in the world, he got rid of Satan on Earth...for the time being of course...but yeah thats my opinion.....I know this wasn't ment for a religouse debate but...I thought I would put in my 2 sense as usual :whoops:

Oh and sorry James...I'll stick to the topic for now on...

[B][size=1]I know I've provided argument here (if only to debunk utter stupidity), but I do think that from here on, we should stick to the topic.
...As for my question? I would probably ask "Will you have a big smile on your face when you judge people who discriminate others based on their religious beliefs?" ;)[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=chocolate]Look who's talking.
I'm going to step off topic just for a moment and tell you, James, that I am quite upset that you are referring to my beliefs and religion as "utter stupidity". :flaming: :flaming:

Back on topic: "God, if I kept speaking out against topics like this, would I be banned?" and a quick bonus: "Would I mind?"[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=chocolate]I am quite upset that you are referring to my beliefs and religion as "utter stupidity". :flaming: :flaming:

[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Again, I hate to stray off topic, but I agree with Ginny. I think it's compeletely unjustified for you, James, to be saying that this stuff is all rubbish.

I thought that bashing others' beliefs was something that this board doesn't encourage...though perhaps it's different in your case...:rolleyes:
[/color]

"haha. I know the bible says dinosaurs never existed..but I beg to differ" - Velvet Paws

[b]*Ahem* I would like to know a reference to where the bible supposedly says that...[/b]

"If your God and you created everything and are the most powerfull being in the universe, why don't you just kill Satan and wipe out evil? And don't give me any of that 'killing is bad' crap." - Son Goten

[b]I think He'd say that He was testing us.[/b]

"God, What is your favourite kind of sock?" - Final_Flash

[b]*grin* Toe socks baby! :D[/b]

"I would ask......if I could ask more questions.....lol...but no I would ask something along the lines of "Why are humans here" or "What is love...what causes it...etc""

[b]If you really wanna know what is love, this might give you a good idea:
1 Corinthians 13: 4-8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.[/b]

"Once again, I refer to Telling Lies for God. If you can't buy it in America, then import from Australia. It goes into huge depth about Noah's Ark and why it is physically impossible (Noah, based on mathematical equations, would have had to travel at the speed of light to feed all the animals. Also, what about symbiotic animals which require particular habitats? What about viruses and single-cell organisms? What about creatures which require living in large groups to survive? [thus debunking the whole "two of everything" idea]). " - James

[b]Oddly enough, i've read a book stating why mathimatically it is easily possible, but i won't get into that. Another theory is that God made the animals dormant for a certain period of time (that would counter pretty much all your arguments). Then Noah wouldn't need to have to feed them. Or, possibly, the food was already in their pens. Viruses and single-celled organisms are technically in the Kingdom Animilia, so they aren't animals. But in that day, they didn't classify them like that anyway, lol... And i'm sure they could've either survived aboard the ark, or in the water easily. And of course, if the whole ark thing did happen, God would find some way for it to work out, i think it's logical to agree on that.[/b]

"Do we have to obey every 10 Commandments to get to heaven?" - Geo

[b]No, we are not saved by works, but by grace. I can get Bible references and go much much deeper into this if you really want, but i'm doubting you do.[/b]

"Are you a he/she/it?" - Geo

[b]Adam was made in the likeness of God, so I'd say He's a guy. Also, He is referred to as "Father" "Abba" "He" "Him" etc., and that also implies that He is a guy. Is He only a spirit? That would lead into a large conversation on what exactly a spirit is, and whether spirits have specific genders etc..[/b]

"Do you play practical jokes? Because thats obviously the only way George Bush got into office!" -DBZChikaGhan

[b]Lol! I disagree with that, but that was a great joke! *grin*[/b] :D

"Why didnt you stop September 11th?" -DeathKnight

[b]I don't know, but i know one thing, it sure made our nation stronger, nay? Someone might go as far as to say it was a good thing. lol[/b]

"I THINK what James was refering to when he said "utter stupidity" would be when some religious extremist flames because one or two people don't believe in god or the bible or whatever.... I don't think he was refering to all religions as... utter stupidity..." -Transtic Nerve

[b]Yeh, that's prolly what he was reffering to, but he was referring to something in any case, and it was bit harsh, and hypocritical.

Anyway, i ask God things all the time and get them answered, and currently i can't think of a question for Him at the moment.[/b]

btw, there are 2 dinosaur-like beings in the bible, both in the book of job. one is leviathan & i can't remember what the other one's name was.

if it were the judeo-christian god i was asking, i would ask, "if you know everything & the future, why did you create Lucifer if you knew he would corrupt the world? why do you allow people to be born that you know are going to end up going to hell?"

but i don't believe in the judeo-christian god per se, so i guess i have no questions. i can find out everything on my own.

one more thing: james posted that noah's ark & other things are mathematically impossible, but it doesn't matter b/c if those things actually happened then they are miracles, therefore outside the realm of science & possible only w/ divine intervention.

[B]

[COLOR=chocolate]Look who's talking.
I'm going to step off topic just for a moment and tell you, James, that I am quite upset that you are referring to my beliefs and religion as "utter stupidity". :flaming: :flaming:

Back on topic: "God, if I kept speaking out against topics like this, would I be banned?" and a quick bonus: "Would I mind?"[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Okay okay, I don't quite know why everyone is getting on my case about this. There is clearly some misinterpretation going on.

I'm not stating for one moment that your religion is stupidity, but I AM saying that the story of Noah's Ark and such IS stupidity. It is just absolute rubbish -- I don't see how this can be offensive as we are supposedly talking about a historic "fact" and not an ideology as such. Therefore, you, as someone who is Christian, should want to be clear on historical matters I'd imagine.

I do not set double standards; I don't agree with bashing others most strongly held beliefs, but I'm not going to perpetuate a historical myth either -- this has nothing to do with belief, it has to do with factual evidence.

And I make no apology for taking a stance on a historical fact, where I feel that the evidence overwhelmingly supports my case.

But if I gave the impression that I was directly attacking people's belief in God, I apologize. That was not my intention and I don't believe at any time that I actually said anything specific in that area. I was referring to Noah's Ark and not actually to religious belief as such (although I suppose the two go hand-in-hand to an extent).

In any case, I must say that I find it somewhat dissappointing that some of you are taking a frank exchange of opinion so personally. Many of you are quite happy to get into petty arguments about things and if I disagree with you on something, I am not trying to personally attack you, I am merely disagreeing with an incorrect fact. It would seem to me that members on this board are not able to handle a frank discussion about religion. While I understand the sensitivity of the subject, I am a person who isn't prepared to further ignorance in any way.

So certainly, you can post your opinion, but don't target me because you either don't like what I say or because you aren't prepared to discuss something openly. If that's the case, then you are welcome not to post in these threads -- I believe this is why previous religion threads were closed. And all I can say is that users of the boards have the freedom not to participate if they do not wish to.

Note: I would also say that members on these boards are constantly calling each other things like "stupid" etc...

Sure, that doesn't make it right, but as soon as I use the word "stupid" to describe a historical myth (and not even a person), I get absolutely flamed. [b]That[/b] is a prime example of hypocracy; so don't anyone lecture me on that subject. I am highly unimpressed with the way this thread has been handled, but I will let it continue providing that it [b]remains on topic[/b]. If it does not, then I will not permit further discussion on the matter.[/size]

[b]lol, that's funny. Anyway, James, i appreciate your opinion. But if you disagree with a certain view, i hope you'll have enough respect not to call that opinion or idea "utter stupidity"... It's fine that you disagree with the Noah's Ark idea, but you shouldn't be that arrogent. We can have a discussion without insulting other's opinions, now can't we? Your not setting the good example that i would be expecting of you as an Administrator. "absolute rubbish" is what you call them. Don't you realize that it is impossible to say what exactly is historic fact, since none of us were there?

lol!! I jes' noticed i have a snowball melting in my jacket pocket! Lol! No joke!!!! hahahahahahaa.... *sigh*[/b] :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desert Shadow [/i]
[B][b]lol, that's funny. Anyway, James, i appreciate your opinion. But if you disagree with a certain view, i hope you'll have enough respect not to call that opinion or idea "utter stupidity"... It's fine that you disagree with the Noah's Ark idea, but you shouldn't be that arrogent. We can have a discussion without insulting other's opinions, now can't we? Your not setting the good example that i would be expecting of you as an Administrator. "absolute rubbish" is what you call them. Don't you realize that it is impossible to say what exactly is historic fact, since none of us were there?

lol!! I jes' noticed i have a snowball melting in my jacket pocket! Lol! No joke!!!! hahahahahahaa.... *sigh*[/b] :) [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Yeah but you don't seem to understand. Not only is there no evidence of Noah's Ark (how do you support a theory with zero evidence?), but there is a wealth of evidence to the contrary.

In any case, I'm not going to further the debate. I am quite happy to call the "Noah's Ark idea" stupid because that is what it is. As mentioned in my previous post, many of you use that word constantly on the boards (even TN uses it often to describe people) yet I am somehow singled out.

Sorry, but I'm not the one setting the bad example here. I'm dissappointed that, regardless of who is right or wrong, I am attacked for doing something that I both rarely do and which others do frequently. It's the absolute height of hypocracy.[/size]

[COLOR=chocolate]I believe there is something you are still misunderstanding, James. If I want to believe something, that is my business.
[b]You and I are not the final say on any topic, be it religious or otherwise.[/b] That is something I feel you need to understand.
I came into this thread with an open mind, and found the thread light hearted and amusing. I posted when I felt it was necessary to offer the "proper" insight to a misconception. You have posted for the same reason.
I feel you need to lighten up as much as I do. [/COLOR]

[B]

[size=1]Yeah but you don't seem to understand. Not only is there no evidence of Noah's Ark (how do you support a theory with zero evidence?), but there is a wealth of evidence to the contrary.

In any case, I'm not going to further the debate. I am quite happy to call the "Noah's Ark idea" stupid because that is what it is. As mentioned in my previous post, many of you use that word constantly on the boards (even TN uses it often to describe people) yet I am somehow singled out.

Sorry, but I'm not the one setting the bad example here. I'm dissappointed that, regardless of who is right or wrong, I am attacked for doing something that I both rarely do and which others do frequently. It's the absolute height of hypocracy.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]Ah, i see your point. Well, you can't catch me calling people's idea's stupid. But thats not my point. All i say is, you can't use other people's actions as an excuse for your actions. Welcome discipline.

As for the "no evidence of noah's ark", i've read many books and whatnot supporting the theory, so obviously there IS evidence. I guess you jes' never looked hard enough.

In any case, if there IS a God (which i hold that there is) and there is much evidence for that fact. And if there is a God, then that in itself is evidence for Noah's Ark, if you see what i'm saying. But we can't prove either, nor can we disprove either, and unless you and me want to do alot of research, and have a jolly 'ol debate on the Noah's Ark deal (i'm up for it if you want), then we should jes' drop the whole Noah's Ark discussion right here after this post. And i think you'll agree ^_^ Back to the topic please! [/b]:D :rolleyes:

[B][COLOR=chocolate]I believe there is something you are still misunderstanding, James. If I want to believe something, that is my business.
[b]You and I are not the final say on any topic, be it religious or otherwise.[/b] That is something I feel you need to understand.
I came into this thread with an open mind, and found the thread light hearted and amusing. I posted when I felt it was necessary to offer the "proper" insight to a misconception. You have posted for the same reason.
I feel you need to lighten up as much as I do. [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I'm sorry Ginny, but I posted my initial thoughts and they were responded to in a very harsh way. So of course, you can understand my subsequent responses.

I am not trying for a single moment to be the final word on religion in general. And I agree that nobody can do that.

However, on this issue of the Noah's Ark, while I'm not trying to be the final word (if people want to believe the sky is green, they can if they want), I know for a fact that the evidence backs me up. Now, agree with me or not, that is the case. And regardless of how much I am attacked over that one point, I will simply not move on a point which I know is right.

You are free to disagree with that as much as you want.

Other than that, perhaps this thread has become to serious (what religion based thread doesn't? :)), but I'm not going to make any apology for that. I've basically been utterly flamed here because I used the word "stupid" to describe a historical idea -- hardly a major thing. I feel that I am the one who has been treaded on here.

In any case... as I said, and I think you'll agree...we should keep this topic on track.[/size]