OtakuBoards

If you were to ask god one question to be answered about, what would it be?

Krillen

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're assuming that everyone is Christian?

Well, if I were to ask a higher power of any kind one question to be answered it would be something along the lines of: "What is my purpose on this Earth?" I'd at least try to make mine more meaningful than 'When will we meet aliens?'

-Justin

*EDIT*
[SIZE=1][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]"God, What is [I]your[/I] favourite kind of sock?" [/B][/QUOTE]
ROTFLMAO!

You should die...[/SIZE]
*EDIT*

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]I'd at least try to make mine more meaningful than 'When will we meet aliens?'
[/B][/QUOTE]

lol

This reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Apu and Homer go in search of the High Kwiky Mart guy person and they can only ask three questions and Homer goes "Are you really the High god of Kwiky Mart?" (or something along those lines) and the guy answers yes and Homer goes "really?" and he says yes and then Homer says "reall?" again and the guy goes yes and then says "Thank you for coming. I have answered your three questions, you may leave now."

Anyway... Uhh I dunno what I would ask to tell you the truth. Actually I'd probably ask if he really thinks being gay is a sin.... in which case I'd hope he answer no and then I could point and laugh at all the people who believe that nonsense... then God would probably slap me... :bawl:

i would probably ask "If your God and you created everything and are the most powerfull being in the universe, why don't you just kill Satan and wipe out evil? And don't give me any of that 'killing is bad' crap."

I would ask what I have to do to get Him to answer an unlimited number of questions. Then I would ask Him to unravel the mysteries of the universe, then I would ask for a knowledge transplant that would get me through the next 100 years.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B]i would probably ask "If your God and you created everything and are the most powerfull being in the universe, why don't you just kill Satan and wipe out evil? And don't give me any of that 'killing is bad' crap." [/B][/QUOTE]

Okay, I'll just give you the answer. God doesn't kill Satan because there can't be evil without good and vice verca.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by velvet paws [/i]
[B]haha. I know the bible says dinosaurs never existed..but I beg to differ :p [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=chocolate]From a Christian (me): it doesn't say that!
My personal little belief (since we know dinosaurs existed, but we don't know what happened) is that the dinosaurs did exist. When satan took the form of the serpent (it did not say snake), it was a dinosaur. Then, when God cursed the serpent, He said it would be forced to crawl on its belly the rest of its days.
The other theory is that the dinosaurs were too big to fit on Noah's Ark, so they died out.

Anyways, what happened to no religious topics? You don't see me posting what would you ask Allah or stuff like that. I'm not saying that my religion is better than yours. I'm just saying we need to stop targeting Christians as the only people in the world that are evil or wrong or whatever.

~EDIT: Yeah, I'm getting cranky. Could y'all get educated about religions before you start saying you know all about them? EDIT~[/COLOR]

I kinda agree with you Ginny, but I don't think this was directly related to Christians...Yeah it said God...but many higher powers are related to as Gods...They may be Alah or Zues but they still are reelated to as Gods...so what he is asking I think is if you could ask your god what would you as him/her/it.........

Guest Imsirion
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=chocolate]

Anyways, what happened to no religious topics? You don't see me posting what would you ask Allah or stuff like that. I'm not saying that my religion is better than yours. I'm just saying we need to stop targeting Christians as the only people in the world that are evil or wrong or whatever.

~EDIT: Yeah, I'm getting cranky. Could y'all get educated about religions before you start saying you know all about them? EDIT~[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

i just wanted to say i totaly agree with you ginnylyn.
i think a no threads that have to do with reliogion in any wayrule would be good. some things have made me kinda upset.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=chocolate]
The other theory is that the dinosaurs were too big to fit on Noah's Ark, so they died out.

[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I have no intentions of turning this into a religious debate, but I do have a question (a question, mind you, not an opposing viewpoint, I truely am curious)

If God wanted two of every animal (one male, one female) to be saved from the flood...why would he single dinosaurs out from the rest of them? Noah could have built a bigger ark...no matter HOW much people would have laughed at him.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]
Noah could have built a bigger ark...no matter HOW much people would have laughed at him.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]If I Remember Correctly, Didnt God Give Noah The Exact Size It Should Be?

At least... that's what it says in some versions of the bible.[/color]

Guest Imsirion
i belive they died out before noah built the ark. the early old testament books refer to "great beasts" and such. i belive they died from lack of oxygen because of the growing population(and there small lungs) so they died. also, thats why i belive "sea monsters" exsist because the can be breeds of ancient dinosaurs (water ones, no duh:p ) that are still staying around.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by outlawstar_14 [/i]
[B]i belive they died out before noah built the ark. the early old testament books refer to "great beasts" and such. i belive they died from lack of oxygen because of the growing population(and there small lungs) so they died. also, thats why i belive "sea monsters" exsist because the can be breeds of ancient dinosaurs (water ones, no duh:p ) that are still staying around. [/B][/QUOTE]

Dinosaurs had pretty big lungs... well the bigger Dinos did. something like Compys wouldn't obviously... but I Tyrannosaur or a Stegosaur would have large lungs.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, the Dino's were extinct before man arrived on this planet... and even if Noah made an Arc, I don't think he could have Dinosaurs on it anyway.. there are many many many diffferent species of Dinos, and most of them would be too big... and some had even died out... from Permian to Triassic some species became extinct... from Triassic to Jurassic some became extink.. and from Jurassic to Cretaceous some dinos became extinct.. until the finally all were killed... by either the meteor theory or a global winter or whatever... I don't think they were alive when man set foot on this earth, however that happened.

[size=1]Once again, I refer to [b]Telling Lies for God[/b]. If you can't buy it in America, then import from Australia. It goes into huge depth about Noah's Ark and why it is physically impossible (Noah, based on mathematical equations, would have had to travel at the speed of light to feed all the animals. Also, what about symbiotic animals which require particular habitats? What about viruses and single-cell organisms? What about creatures which require living in large groups to survive? [thus debunking the whole "two of everything" idea]).

Sorry, but it's a moot argument and nothing but unsubstantiated rubbish. It doesn't even have a great deal to do with belief in God, it's really just about some historical myth.

Anyhoo...let's try and keep this topic on track in terms of asking questions of God (since that's what it's about). I'd hate to ban all religious topics, but I would submit that people will need to try and avoid argument over different things to keep the topic fairly neutral. I know I've provided argument here (if only to debunk utter stupidity), but I do think that from here on, we should stick to the topic.

As for my question? I would probably ask "Will you have a big smile on your face when you judge people who discriminate others based on their religious beliefs?" ;)[/size]